Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-217 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 217 Wednesday, 6 August 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Where's this website!? Re: TMBG: Serious Songs? TMBG: TOUR Re: TMBG: Serious Songs? Re: TMBG: This whole OMLT stuff Re: TMBG: a long message of uh, replies.. :) Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-215 Re: NON-TMBG: Converse Re: TMBG: What Happened to Superfueled Freaksicle? Re: TMBG: TIME FOR A NEW OMLT!!!!??? Re: TMBG: a long message of uh, replies.. :) Re: TMBG: Space Ghost Re: TMBG: Serious Songs? Re: TMBG: TOUR Re: TMBG: TIME FOR A NEW OMLT!!!!??? Re: TMBG: TIME FOR A NEW OMLT!!!!??? Re: TMBG: TIME FOR A NEW OMLT!!!!??? TMBG: shoes TMBG: Ack! OMLT! TMBG: Projects Re: TMBG: Ack! OMLT! Re: TMBG: Ack! OMLT! TMBG: Linny's shoes TMBG: Re: Converse, the choice of TMBG Re: TMBG: TIME FOR A NEW OMLT!!!!??? (none) Re: TMBG: TIME FOR A NEW OMLT!!!!??? TMBG: Prince of TMBG??? TMBG: Letter? Re: TMBG: shoes TMBG: 13 Re: NON-TMBG: Converse TMBG: (FWD) Flans on Space Ghost Re: TMBG: Serious Songs? Re: TMBG: TIME FOR A NEW OMLT!!!!??? Re: NON-TMBG: Converse Re: NON-TMBG: Converse (none) TMBG: Re: Stupid posts TMBG: Re: ISBATT question. TMBG: UMLT TMBG: What They Are TMBG: Conan TMBG: #TMBG takeover update and explanation TMBG: Christi Re: TMBG: Projects Re: TMBG: Ack! Smelling!! Re: TMBG: UMLT Re: TMBG: Serious Songs? Re: TMBG: Classifications Re: TMBG: Conan Re: TMBG: #TMBG takeover update and explanation Re: TMBG: What They Are TMBG: Re: Conan TMBG: Random Game TMBG: Pet name gets no appreciation TMBG: JOHN HENRY DEBATE!!! (resurrected for a conclusion) Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 23:53:03 -0400 From: Mismirilda Message-ID: <33E6A39F.848@erols.com> Organization: EROL'S Subject: TMBG: Where's this website!? Sorry, I know you people don't like webpage adresses being posted, but I need to ask this. Just a week or two ago someone posted the address for their site. On the first page was a picture of the Johns under a bridge, with Linnell holding a black accordion with red on the inside of the bellows. It kept on switching with another, similar picture, making them appear to move (sort of). Also, a long time ago a really good ftp site was posted. It had tons of TMBG clips, including Mario Speaks. It also contained other great things, like a whole bunch of Simpsons sounds. I think I got a video clip of Squirrel Nut Zippers on Conan from there too. Please, does anyone know where these sites are? Thanks, Mismi ------------------------------ From: SUZZIE5808@aol.com Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 00:08:40 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970805000835_1315326065@emout10.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Serious Songs? In a message dated 97-08-04 19:34:55 EDT, jcoffman@taurus.oursc.k12.ar.us (Jon Misc.) writes: << I think I've gotten a little off the topic of your post, but I will now say that I agree that it is one of their most serious songs based on the boy-commits-suicide-b/c-of-Alice-Cooper-lyrics. >> How do you figure that the boy commits suicide?!?!? I don't see it........ Tell me now I thought I understand the words that Alice said......... AnnA ------------------------------ From: HemoMan9@aol.com Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 00:18:38 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970805001836_-1205249177@emout09.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: TOUR Ok people, I am going crazy.........Does anyone know when TMBG is going back on tour. Please reply if you have any info Hemoman9 ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 23:21:04 -0500 (CDT) From: "Jon Misc." Subject: Re: TMBG: Serious Songs? Message-ID: *Blush* Now that I think of it, I don't know exactly where I got the thing about the kid killing himself. It might have been from an earlier post, but I'm not really sure. Thanks for pointing out the indescrepency (is that spelled right?). Next time I'll try to pay closer attention to what I'm typing. Ciao for now. :) Jonnie Coffman ,/ () |\| /\/\ | $ (. On Tue, 5 Aug 1997 SUZZIE5808@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 97-08-04 19:34:55 EDT, jcoffman@taurus.oursc.k12.ar.us > (Jon Misc.) writes: > > << I think I've gotten a little off the topic of your post, but I > will now say that I agree that it is one of their most serious songs > based on the boy-commits-suicide-b/c-of-Alice-Cooper-lyrics. >> > How do you figure that the boy commits suicide?!?!? I don't see it........ > > Tell me now I thought I understand the words that Alice said......... > > AnnA > ------------------------------ From: LePoopee@aol.com Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 01:30:36 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970805013033_-1172070799@emout18.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: This whole OMLT stuff In a message dated 97-08-05 01:18:56 EDT, you write: > I can't stand it when > people are rude to other people just because they don't personally like a > thread. Some people on this list just aren't considerate enough. I was never rude to anyone...I just was tired of reading the same message over and over again...just like "me too" messages and "I agree" messages. All I did was express my displeasure about them, much like the poster who first complained about "me too" messages. I'm just a little more frank about it. Patrick, or "How I Learned to Complain, Yet Still Love TMBG" (Mr. Me, or at least a reasonable facsimile) "Shut up, I'm having a coupon problem!"--Ray Romano ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 06:49:47 -0400 (EDT) From: Darlington Darling Subject: Re: TMBG: a long message of uh, replies.. :) Message-ID: On Mon, 4 Aug 1997 KdsInThHal@aol.com wrote: > >>by the way-does anyone know where i can get a > >tmbg poster? > > Dig in the poster bins of your local new + used (or supercool) cd stores. I > got a Moxy Fruvous poster the other day. 8) Now that's luck! :) I was able to find a TMBG poster for free -- about a month or two after T:TEY came out, I found a TMBG poster in the free bin. As well as a Blur poster, which leads me to... > >>Most blur fans feel about this album the way > >>giant-heads feel > about Flood, ie it's a good > >>album, and possibly blur's best, but no true > blur fan can *stand* anyone who only knows > >blur >from "Girls & Boys". > > *Gasp* Ohmigod; I'm... a ..."Parkie"? :0 ;) Y'know, I never thought about that but I can see where that could be the case, as with Flood/TMBG. I still love Parklife, though. Second only to Modern Life is Rubbish. > Most of the bands I like are... And they're not really like each other, but > they're constantly being compared (along with tmbg; the other 2 usually are > Barenaked Ladies and Moxy Fruvous). Very true. Jian from Fruvous said something to this effect, "in Canada, we get compared a lot to Barenaked Ladies. In the states, they don't know much about Barenaked Ladies so they compare us more to They Might Be Giants. I don't really see it. I think that all three of us fall into an uncategorizable category of music, and so we're lumped together." Makes sense to me. > anything and couldn't remember all the digits; and it wasn't another 1-800 # > anyways. Does this mean Hello is officially kaput? But why would they > *change* the #?? Hello is dead, and has been for a month or two. According to tmbg.com: "Hello was a CD of the month club that introduced signed and unsigned artists to club members 10 times a year. Due to circumstances beyond our control Hello has been discontinued indefinitely. However, our back catalog is still available with four years to choose from." Maybe that's why the number is still up? \\\\ (X X) []/------------------------------\[]/-----------------ooOo-( )-oOoo------\[] [] Josh Woodward: joshw@tmbg.org [] You will be sorry when I'm big, yes [] [] Internet Tech. - Marathon Oil [] you will, yes you will. You [] [] Homepage and tape trade list: [] shouldn't push me around 'cause I [] [] http://www.dc-adnet.com/joshw [] will, yes I will. --BFF [] []\---------TMBG #20999----------/[]\--------------Dial-A-Sig------------/[] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970805080716.0053e440@email.uc.edu> Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 08:07:16 -0400 From: "%^)" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-215 At 04:50 PM 8/4/97 -0400, you wrote: >In a message dated 97-08-04 13:47:03 EDT, expo67@webtv.net writes: > ><< Does anyone know what kind of shoes Linny wears? I noticed his shoes a > couple of times and I thought they were cool. > >> >I've seen him wear green Converse high-tops. Not forest-green, regular green. >I have been searching for them forever. > try calling their 800 number, maybe they can send you a catalog, or let you know of a place nearby that'll sell the green ones. If you find a good shoestore, they'll even order them for you. 1-800-428-2667 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <33E74B1C.7981@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 08:47:40 -0700 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Converse Flyn wrote: > find a pair of those oh so wonderful Chucks. They just came out with new > colors, including the previously hard to find Purple. I knew this info > would come in handy one day. Purples are coming back? Yay! Now I just need to wear out my Neon Orange ones and relegate them to the pile of old completely souless and non-duct tape-savable pile of old chucks. Now if only they do purple in size 13... - Chad ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33E75FEA.27D7@ix.netcom.com> Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 10:16:26 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: TMBG: What Happened to Superfueled Freaksicle? FamousName@aol.com wrote: > > I haven't been posting to the list in a while and just wondered? > > Joseph I ate him. He was yummie. :^) Amanda ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33E760D4.288@ix.netcom.com> Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 10:20:20 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: TMBG: TIME FOR A NEW OMLT!!!!??? I'm definately interested!! Ten bucks with shipping?!?!? Wow, that's really good. So what would we have for a design? Amanda ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33E76142.30BA@ix.netcom.com> Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 10:22:10 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: TMBG: a long message of uh, replies.. :) KdsInThHal@aol.com wrote: > > In a message dated 8/4/97 7:05:02 PM, you wrote: > > > Barenaked Ladies and Moxy Fruvous) > > > >> but they could have a lot more 'airplay-potential'. But; canadians+talent= > > > >> slim fame in the states. :P What do you mean?!?!? BNL always sell out in > Boston. > > > > > > No, you snipped my sentence. I said BNL and Fruvous and TMBG seem to always > get compared > New sentence. Another band I enjoy is the Odds who have the slim chance of > fame. > (look of understanding) oooohhh.. my mail server made it look different for some reason. Stupid netscape 2.01!!! Sorry 'bout that. Amanda ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33E7605C.1E0B@ix.netcom.com> Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 10:18:20 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: TMBG: Space Ghost Kevin (100% Curd) McGuire wrote: > > > ('sides, you > > hardcore tmbg kids know the theme song is "No One Knows My Plan.") > > *sniffs* used to be..... > > Now its just some cheesy imitation of No One Knows My Plan. But, if > youre lucky, in some of the commercials, you can still hear it. > > Wow. That e-mail scared the pants off me. Guess I better put my pants > back on. > > I kneel vacuum grip- > Kevin Paul McGuire > --=-= Yeah, I know... but they're gonna have their own Cd out Sept 2 with all the fun songs (and some segments from the show, Like Nugget of Joy). I'm looking forward to that. Amanda ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33E761E9.4055@ix.netcom.com> Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 10:24:57 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: TMBG: Serious Songs? Kirsten Brodbeck wrote: > > > 'Ask me now, I understand the words that Alice said' I took that > >line to mean that his ex had told him something he was doing wrong, but > >he didn't understand what she was talking about till it was too late. > > I always sort of thought of the nonsensical bits of verse and > occurances in "Alice In Wonderland" when I heard the song. It'd be quite > a feat to understand some of that stuff... I always thought it was Alice Cooper. "The words that Alice said" being that the main character, in this case, is an Alice fan (hence the listing of Cooper albums at the end). My copper for the morning, Amanda ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33E762F1.7B5B@ix.netcom.com> Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 10:29:21 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: TMBG: TOUR HemoMan9@aol.com wrote: > > Ok people, I am going crazy.........Does anyone know when TMBG is going back > on tour. Please reply if you have any info Ok, calm down....we're all here for you. They just finished their Showroom tour, so it's really hard to tell. The best places to go to find out are tmbg.com and www.performancemag.com. Also, hounding your friendly neighborhood radio station doesn't hurt. Amanda ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 10:58:04 -0400 (EDT) From: Elitza Subject: Re: TMBG: TIME FOR A NEW OMLT!!!!??? Message-ID: Hey/hay, This took *way* too long to just scrap Christy's entire project because 3 ppl want to start over. We will NOT start over. NOT NOT NOT. I think that what's been said on the list about how we shoudl just get someone else to do it and blah blah blah is so unbelievably rude. I mean, honestly folks. Christy's put so much time into this. We need to have a bit of respect for her. We can get extras ordered later if that's what you want, but redoing the entire project is COMPLETELY unnecessary. Elitza Nicolaou The Huge Pulsating Ever-Growing Brain That Rules From The Center Of The Ultraworld can be reached at or Visit her at http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Quad/1317/ I am cool and that is it and everyone else is full of- full of- full of... On Tue, 5 Aug 1997, Amanda Nichols wrote: > I'm definately interested!! Ten bucks with shipping?!?!? Wow, that's > really good. So what would we have for a design? > Amanda > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <33E762A0.53E9@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 10:28:00 -0700 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: TMBG: TIME FOR A NEW OMLT!!!!??? Elitza wrote: > > Hey/hay, > > This took *way* too long to just scrap Christy's entire project because 3 > ppl want to start over. We will NOT start over. NOT NOT NOT. I think that > what's been said on the list about how we shoudl just get someone else to > do it and blah blah blah is so unbelievably rude. I mean, honestly folks. > Christy's put so much time into this. We need to have a bit of respect for > her. We can get extras ordered later if that's what you want, but redoing > the entire project is COMPLETELY unnecessary. > > Elitza Nicolaou > The Huge Pulsating Ever-Growing Brain That Rules From The Center Of The > Ultraworld Yeah, THPEGBTRFTCOTU is right... anyway besides, Christy _is_ the OMLT Goddess, witty, intelligent, beautiful, and omnipotent. I'd hate to see a shirt not backed by the goddess. It would probably fall apart in the wash... - Chad ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970805155639.0067ae88@uc.campus.mci.net> Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 11:56:39 -0400 From: Kelley Kent Subject: Re: TMBG: TIME FOR A NEW OMLT!!!!??? [completely correct info snipped for space's sake] > but redoing the entire project is COMPLETELY unnecessary. I totally agree. Having already thanked Christie publically on this list, I would like to remind everyone 'poo-pooing' this project in favor of a new shirt that Christie has already said that you can order a shirt if you have not done so until Thursday. (This is from memory, though - forgive me Goddess if this is wrong.) So get on the boat, people. Just a reminder, the 'O' in OMLT is for official. It only makes sense to have just ONE official shirt for the list. Kelley Kent (kkent@uc.campus.mci.net) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "It's not a drug trip so you feel a bit insulted." - John Linnell ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 10:38:59 -0600 Subject: TMBG: shoes Message-ID: <19970805.103910.12318.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) > Does anyone know what kind of shoes Linny wears? I noticed his shoes a >couple of times and I thought they were cool. uh, everytime i have ever seen them throughout the years they've been in cons. Flans recently has had black one-stars whereas i've always seen linny in all-stars. This is coming from the chica that once owned a pair of green cons (just like linny's). hmm... i think i might still have them lying around somewhere... ANyways, i'm all for Vans now-a-days cuz they RICK the house when you're skating (wow, i actually member why i quit wearing cons...) Just check out the birdhouse video.... when they show their feet...linny has the allstars on (in front) and flans has the onestars on (behind linny). "TOday i accidentaly stepped on a snail on the sidewalk in front of our house. And i thought, i too am like that snail. i build a defensive wall around myself, a 'shell' if you will. BUt my shell isn't made out of hard, protective substance. Mine is made out of tinfoil and paper bags." ---jack handy "I want to thank you for putting me back in my snail shell..." ---TMBG love JOrdaN ------------------------------ From: TheyMBG@aol.com Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 12:44:41 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970805124305_-1708132207@emout03.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Ack! OMLT! Guys, please. I know that the "official" shirt is being handled by Christie and that's all well and good.. but you also have to see where these newbies are coming from. I mean, they join the list of a band they love.. and are happy to be welcomed with open arms until they discover how we are all making t-shirts for the list that they don't get to be a part of. So they missed the deadline, why wasn't there a clause included that more orders would be processed after so many requests or so many months? No, I'm not a newbie (used to be bluecanary@ou.edu.. remember the Polar Express thing? That was me. O:P ) but I can understand their dismay... it's like joining a club and then finding out that there is a party that you're not invited to. I didn't order a shirt.. and to tell you the truth I don't really care, but I don't understand why we can't work this out. When I joined the Chalkhills list, I was dismayed to find that they were a close knit family already, and my few and far between posts were ignored. One reason I'm proud to be a part of this list is because we're not like that.. at least, we weren't. I do remember that Chalkhills had a guy that printed shirts every season or so as long as there were enough requests.. I think if we did something like this it could quiten the storm of unhappy newbies. Maybe if we could give them a pseudo date.. like Spring, or next Summer instead of a "uh, maybe", a "never!.. nany nany boo boo!", or a "well.. surely SOMEday..." I can also understand the people that are wondering why this hasn't been done already.. I think they're just really excited about this and really want it to actually HAPPEN.. I think ALL the old listies can appreciate that to some degree. We've all been burned. (i.e... comic book? and what ever happened to WMBG, T?) So that there's my feelings on the subject. Basically hoping for a comprimise and secretly wondering "Why can't we all just get along?" Heather *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ "I was out by myself in the graveyard, I was doing an interpretive dance.."" -t hey might be giants "Ah, a bear in his natural habitat.... a Studebaker." -F ozzy http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/8982 *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970805095250.0068c5d8@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 09:52:56 -0700 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Projects At 12:44 PM 8/5/97 -0400, Heather wrote: > I can also understand the people that are wondering why this hasn't been >done already.. I think they're just really excited about this and really want >it to actually HAPPEN.. I think ALL the old listies can appreciate that to >some degree. We've all been burned. (i.e... comic book? and what ever >happened to WMBG, T?) Yeah, I haven't heard anything from the comic in quite a long time. :( I forwarded my last message from the person heading the project (Cuper Vargas, I think his name was) to the list months ago. :( As for We Might Be Giants Too...the fault lies with artists not submitting their songs, not the people in charge. So everyone who's signed up, send in your *(&*ing tapes!!! :) TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <33E77908.5188@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 12:03:36 -0700 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: TMBG: Ack! OMLT! TheyMBG@aol.com wrote: [Explanation of people wanting a new OMLT removed, but understoof] Um... but the Goddess said she'd do some more orders until Thursday. I understand completely about wanting stuff and to be apart of the list. I think most of the people speaking anti-new T stuff are people that are speaking for Christy and all her work on the OMLT. Some people have been being a little short on the patience scale about this and Christy has been getting a hard time about stuff. No one wants her to feel bad and we are all very very very thankful for all the work she has done and will still do, in order to get the OMLTs out the door and to the list. No one is saying that this OMLT is the last OMLT ever and will be the only OMLT. I'm sure if someone else wants to do shirts, too, they can. Just don't compete with the OMLT. Bill it as something else or as an additional shirt for those who have the OMLT and want more or for people that missed the OMLT. Don't say "the OMLT is too slow, get this T instead!". Say "Going to see two TMBG shows in two days because you are following Linnell around and sitting in the front row making faces till he notices you? You are going to need two shirts to rotate between so you don't smell too bad!" or something... Um, yeah. Okay. - Chad ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 13:19:29 -0400 (EDT) From: Elitza Subject: Re: TMBG: Ack! OMLT! Message-ID: Hey/hay, > all well and good.. but you also have to see where these newbies are coming > from. I mean, they join the list of a band they love.. and are happy to be > welcomed with open arms until they discover how we are all making t-shirts > for the list that they don't get to be a part of. So they missed the Ummm...how many times does it need to be said that YOU CAN STILL ORDER AN OMLT UNTIL THURSDAY. People CAN still be a part of this. Nobody's missed the cutoff (yet). ANd I do see where all the newbies are coming from. I'm just saying that making plans for a "newOMLT" is really quite rude, considering that we're not even done taking orders for the FIRST OMLT. If you want an OMLT, send Christy an e-mail with your vitals (name, mailing address, e-mail address, number of shirts desired, and size of shirt). Believe me, it actually works. > this list is because we're not like that.. at least, we weren't. I do I don't think we're leaving anyone out of this. Christy has generously offered to handle ALL of the work involved with the OMLT, and has in fact EXTENDED the ordering deadline to THURSDAY. if you want an OMLT, tell her and she'll get you one. The design is a very cool 3-oval thing that is blue, yellow, and green with black lettering. I suggest we drop this matter before I start getting *really* angry. -Elitza .sigless at last P.S. When you reply to a post...please send it only to the list! I'm getting duplicate messages that aren't needed. If you just send your post to the list, it'll get to the peson who you're replying to. I promise. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199708051925.OAA03320@mail1.nitco.com> From: "The Cowans" Subject: TMBG: Linny's shoes Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 14:15:37 -0500 Hey! I have a pair of green Cons. They're lowtops with many safety pins on them(the tag saying all-star started to fall off on one so they are holding it on) TMBG qoutes, and a painting on the side of one. I need to wear them more often. Blink, now desiring purple ones as that is her favorite color ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199708051930.PAA29991@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 15:30:43 EDT From: "Brett Ballantini" Subject: TMBG: Re: Converse, the choice of TMBG At my recent wedding we chose Converse hi-tops for more comfortable dancing. My wife wore white hi-tops and me and the groomsmen wore black. And it was much more comfortable than they standard issue dress shoes. Peace, Brett ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199708051933.MAA11692@f52.hotmail.com> From: "Philbert Turtle" Subject: Re: TMBG: TIME FOR A NEW OMLT!!!!??? Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 12:33:17 PDT >Hey/hay, > >This took *way* too long to just scrap Christy's entire project because 3 >ppl want to start over. We will NOT start over. NOT NOT NOT. I think that >what's been said on the list about how we shoudl just get someone else to >do it and blah blah blah is so unbelievably rude. I mean, honestly folks. >Christy's put so much time into this. We need to have a bit of respect for >her. We can get extras ordered later if that's what you want, but redoing >the entire project is COMPLETELY unnecessary. > Yer ol' pal (yeah right) Le Poopee's first post from his new address: Huh? Did I miss something? Maybe, as I was canceling the subscription from AOL and re-subscribing from Hotmail, I did miss a few posts, but is this genuine? I may not have been interested in the OMLT's, but I agree: She put in a lot of time for this whole business, and by publicly going out and saying "Hey, this sucks! Let's start over!" is extremely rude. I may have crossed that rude line when I complained about the "I want one !" OMLT messages, for which I apologize, but I did say in that message, "You can always make your own. If you've got a computer and someone who knows how to use it, you can make your own T-shirt." There's no problem with it, but if you're going to do that, do it privately, and don't yell it out for the entire world (and Christy) to hear. Patrick, or "How I Learned to Complain, then Apologize, then Complain Again" (Mr. Me, or at least a reasonable facsimile) "We did the bunny hop, though. I squished two people."--Ben Katz ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19970805.153029.7855.6.aviso@juno.com> From: aviso@juno.com (Justin T McElroy) Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 15:41:08 EDT Well I e-mailed the ever kind Space Ghost questioning him on the date of Flansy's appearance..and this was his heart felt reply. One day we'll have him on the show.-----------Space Ghost. Oh he also said he would say hi to Flansburgh for me. 8) Justin McElroy aviso@juno.com "The words I'm (writing) now mean nothing more than meow to an animal" ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 12:57:14 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: TIME FOR A NEW OMLT!!!!??? Message-ID: <19970805.125717.3782.1.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) I don't think the intention ever was to just scrap the whole project. Just to start a new one. Maybe it shouldn't be an "O"MLT. Just an MLT. Josh Nielsen jnielsen69@juno.com http://www.angelfire.com/or/jnielsen/index.html ICQ #1337243 On Tue, 5 Aug 1997 10:58:04 -0400 (EDT) Elitza writes: >Hey/hay, > >This took *way* too long to just scrap Christy's entire project >because 3 >ppl want to start over. > Ultraworld ------------------------------ From: YeahSpoon@aol.com Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 16:13:30 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970805161312_852099286@emout03.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Prince of TMBG??? Dear Sir... I am a great fan of your game PoD. I am a much greater fan however of They Might Be Giants. As I have adventured through your game, I have discovered more than enough references to The Johns than I would expect. Are you a fellow fan? Are you familiar with Tmbg.org - the mailing list? - the web board? Do you use IRChat? - EFnet #tmbg? - " #Monopuff? - " #TMBGtrivia? Will you notice this e-mail at all? - quite possibly no... but if you do - send an e-mail to me - and send one to tmbg-list@tmbg.org Please let the rest of us Giant fans know! Supportive gamer and Tmbg listie, ~Andrew * ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------- What's so unpleasant about being drunk? You ask a glass of water. -----Douglas Adams ------------------------------ From: YeahSpoon@aol.com Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 16:19:40 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970805161807_-1540211947@emout13.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Letter? That last posting I sent may seem strange... Allow me to explain. I know of a popular shareware game called Prince of Destruction. Inside the game can be found many, many references to TMBG including the entire first verse of Cowtown. This is a letter I have written to the author inquiring about these blatant references. Look for the game at www.badgercom.com . "Prince of Destruction" It is available for mac and windows and is native to mac. Get the game and look for the Giants hidden inside! ~Andrew * ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------- "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?" - Arthur "You, ask a glass of water." - Ford ------------------------------ From: SUZZIE5808@aol.com Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 16:50:03 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970805164843_-889314406@emout03.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: shoes In a message dated 97-08-05 13:52:33 EDT, tmbgirl@juno.com writes: << This is coming from the chica that once owned a pair of green cons (just like linny's). hmm... i think i might still have them lying around somewhere... >> AAARRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have searched for those very shoes for 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot find them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AnnA Who is trying to decide whether to pour through the keyhole or evaporate completely. ------------------------------ From: expo67@webtv.net Message-Id: <199708052057.NAA14437@mailtod-113.bryant.webtv.net> Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 15:57:48 -0500 Subject: TMBG: 13 Hi. It's me with another question. Which ones of you are around 13? I'm 13 and looking out for other number 13s. How about any newbies? That's the last survey type question I will ask. E-mail me personally. Danny Shapiro ------------------------------ From: SUZZIE5808@aol.com Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 16:56:46 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970805165417_1051371421@emout07.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Converse In a message dated 97-08-05 09:51:35 EDT, opercmm@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu writes: << Flyn wrote: > find a pair of those oh so wonderful Chucks. They just came out with new > colors, including the previously hard to find Purple. I knew this info > would come in handy one day. Purples are coming back? Yay! Now I just need to wear out my Neon Orange ones and relegate them to the pile of old completely souless and non-duct tape-savable pile of old chucks. Now if only they do purple in size 13... - Chad >> I can't believe that this is actually a thread now. But let me add further. Why do you all speak of the rarity of purple??? Eggplant-colored Cons were the majority when I embarked on the Great Green Con Crusade 2 years ago......... I have since given up the search cause I felt really pathetic when I realized what I was doing. AnnA ------------------------------ From: Jordan1c@aol.com Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 17:16:01 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970805171409_-870176727@emout08.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: (FWD) Flans on Space Ghost I e-mailed "Space Ghost" (SGC2C@Aol.com) well...see for yourself.. Subj: A Question... Date: 97-08-03 21:08:42 EDT From: Jordan1c To: SGC2C Um...hi "Space Ghost"..i just wanted to know when the episode with They Might Be Giants singer/guitarist John Flansburgh will air. Thank you, Jordan In a message dated 97-08-05 15:33:02 EDT, SGC2C writes: << Subj: Re: A Question... Date: 97-08-05 15:33:02 EDT From: SGC2C To: Jordan1c I have no idea!!!! Sorry Jordan.-------------Space Ghost. >> --------------------- Forwarded message: Subj: Re: A Question... Date: 97-08-05 15:33:02 EDT From: SGC2C To: Jordan1c I have no idea!!!! Sorry Jordan.-------------Space Ghost. ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 5 Aug 97 17:31 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Serious Songs? > I always thought it was Alice Cooper. "The words that Alice >said" being that the main character, in this case, is an Alice fan (hence >the listing of Cooper albums at the end). It is, but before I knew that, I always thought of Alice in Wonderland... Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 5 Aug 97 17:30 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: TIME FOR A NEW OMLT!!!!??? Folks, I have to say, I don't think it's such a great idea to try to put together a new OMLT. Even with the delays we've experienced with Christy, by the time we come up with a whole new design, vote on it, get estimates, take orders, and get the shirts made and get them mailed out, we'd probably already have the ones that Christy is having made. Patience is a virtue! Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33E79F64.3074@tmbg.org> Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 14:47:16 -0700 From: Flyn Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Converse SUZZIE5808@aol.com wrote: > > In a message dated 97-08-05 09:51:35 EDT, opercmm@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu > writes: > > << Flyn wrote: > > find a pair of those oh so wonderful Chucks. They just came out with new > > colors, including the previously hard to find Purple. I knew this info > > would come in handy one day. > > Purples are coming back? Yay! Now I just need to wear out my Neon Orange > ones and relegate them to the pile of old completely souless and > non-duct > tape-savable pile of old chucks. Now if only they do purple in size > 13... > > - Chad > > >> > I can't believe that this is actually a thread now. > > But let me add further. > > Why do you all speak of the rarity of purple??? Eggplant-colored Cons were > the majority when I embarked on the Great Green Con Crusade 2 years > ago......... I have since given up the search cause I felt really pathetic > when I realized what I was doing. > > AnnA Converse comes out with different five or six different colors a few times a year in addition to the basic colors (red, navy, black, etc) purple was last made in 1991, according to the guy at the outlet in lincoln city, OR, about 300 miles down the street (he volunteered the information, I swear) But, if your store is cool, Converse will send them other colors that are more rare too; You might even find the truly hideous flags of all nations, or Rolling Stones Chucks. So, while you had lots of eggplant cons, there was probably a big stack of Kelly greens in some general store in South Dakota. Apparently, there are three shades of green coming out this year, but none of them sound very promising: fern, bamboo green, and combat green. Is it me, or do all of these seem to be the same color? Pretty strange that you can wear the same shoes as your parents AND your grandparents did (they were first sold in 1917). whoops, I'm slipping off of a topic that's already off. -Flyn ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970805180404.006a0838@email.uc.edu> Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 18:05:12 -0400 From: "Heather L. Garver" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Converse >Converse comes out with different five or six different colors a few >times a year in addition to the basic colors (red, navy, black, etc) >purple was last made in 1991, according to the guy at the outlet in >lincoln city, OR, about 300 miles down the street (he volunteered the >information, I swear) But, if your store is cool, Converse will send >them other colors that are more rare too; You might even find the truly >hideous flags of all nations, or Rolling Stones Chucks. So, while you >had lots of eggplant cons, there was probably a big stack of Kelly >greens in some general store in South Dakota. Apparently, there are >three shades of green coming out this year, but none of them sound very >promising: fern, bamboo green, and combat green. Is it me, or do all of >these seem to be the same color? I know that they're also coming out with camoflauge (sp?)in the fall. Did anyone else ever have a pair of the neato ones that came up to your mid-calf and that folded down. I had the black and white ones(the inside was one color, the outside, another)neato, eh? Do they make them anymore? Heather Garver--------------------------------------garverhl@email.uc.edu ---http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Track/4066 (Heather's Hockey HQ)--- In the beginning, there was nothing And God said "Let there be light" And there was still nothing. But you could see it. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <01BCA1CC.0D82AF80@pm10a08.shentel.net> From: Tim Clark Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 18:18:58 -0400 [Unknown MIME type or encoding, contents not processed] ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 18:49:16 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: From: Trippy Subject: TMBG: Re: Stupid posts please don't post anymore of this stupid ascii art bullshit, of course i cut it out of my quoted message below, but you know what i'm talking about... and enough with all this OMLT stupidity, what did people expect? has any project started by this list every been finished? we have some kid, her shoes, and a guy named bob in charge of making tshirts, i mean the whole thing should have taken a month at most but it will probably end up closer to a year, and i'm not complaining we'll just have to keep waiting, i just don't understand why all of the sudden it's all anyone can post about... Trippy At 22:18 -0000 8/5/97, Tim Clark wrote: > >Quit your whining or face the goddess consequences. >-=-Cpdog > >P.S. that part you cant read says "OMLT GODDESS" heehheheh ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 15:53:06 -0700 Subject: TMBG: Re: ISBATT question. Message-ID: <19970805.155932.4830.0.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) There was a question about "Howl" on Win Ben Stien's Money last night. I was excited!! Josh Nielsen jnielsen69@juno.com http://www.angelfire.com/or/jnielsen/index.html ICQ #1337243 ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 15:59:28 -0700 Subject: TMBG: UMLT Message-ID: <19970805.155932.4830.2.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) I was thinking. A lot of people are offended at the new OMLT thing. I understand why, but why can there not be a UMLT? I think that if she wants to contribute, and has connetions like that, we should let her. After all, to say that the official could be the only one wouldbe to insult TMBG.org. After all, it is the Unofficial TMBG site. So why can't we have an Unofficial Mailing List T-shirt? I think it would be a good thing. Just remember, we are all about love and encouragememt. No more insulting the UMLT. Josh Nielsen jnielsen69@juno.com http://www.angelfire.com/or/jnielsen/index.html ICQ #1337243 ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 09:35:48 +1000 Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970806095004.216f719a@student.scu.edu.au> From: Christopher Danvers Subject: TMBG: What They Are I've read lots of things about what style you would call TMBG ... I think the impressionist rock is cool but I'd never call TMBG a rock band ( there more rock since john Henry though ) ... Someone wrote that They were jazz-funk-rock ..... It's this kind of bullshit that makes identification and clasifing hard .... there is no way that anything on JH is jazz or even jazzy .... theres a bit of funk but dont think that because it's got horns its funk ( Someone said the same about ska ... spot on ... ) ....... They have had a bit of jazz in the past but it was more the big band crooner sort of jazz ( Jazz .. IMHO is very improvised which They are not even in these songs .... save a few guitar solo's ) ...... Someone else said post-modern and i agree with that ... I acutually wrote a post modern essay on They and it did well .... but postmodern doesn't really tell you much in terms of classification ... it really just says they break the norm (and heaps of bands do ) .... I really think that they are just a post-modern pop band ... they not heavy enough to be rock and they sound pop ( not to be confused with commercial or mainstream ) alot of the time .... And all this talk of which single should have been released is silly .... I really think that Snail Shell was the best single choice cause the fans ( us ) will be disapointed ( and we were ) but They want to bring new fans and we brought it anyway .... It's the most apelling from a commercial point of view .. So-man ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Conan Message-ID: <19970805.194323.8103.0.aviso@juno.com> From: aviso@juno.com (Justin T McElroy) Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 19:53:48 EDT Now I know you guys poopoo web site addresses but this is an original sound clip exlusive to my homepage. It is late night personality Conan O'Brien's Opinion on TMBG's second album. You should see it. I mean hear it. It is towards the end of the page. www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Studio/1969 Justin McElroy aviso@juno.com "The words I'm (writing) now mean nothing more than meow to an animal" ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 19:54:37 -0400 (EDT) From: Josh Subject: TMBG: #TMBG takeover update and explanation Message-ID: I am sorry for those of you out here who have no idea what this is about, but I know there are maybe around 20 or 30 IRCers on here...so I will post this. #TMBG on EFnet was taken over by a former op just about 2 full days ago now. Not only did this person take over the channel and ban everybody from coming in, but she...with the help of her friends, deleted Lincoln...out bot. This basically destroys everything. I do not have a backup of Lincoln's old user file...and it has been a tough couple of days... #TMBGtrivia is now up as our temporary home, it is a secret channel...but everybody is welcome... We just do not want the people who took over to know about it. I have recompiled Lincoln and am currently trying to run him from my computer...his user file is being rebuilt so please stop by and reintroduce yourself to him if you have not already... I guess the moral is....this will be over eventually...until it is I hope we can try to have a normal presence on #TMBGtrivia. It has been a tough couple of days for me but there is good which has come out of this. Everybody from the channel has been very supportive...and at times a little too supportive :) We want to wait it out...please do not try to avenge the takeover yourself...but everybody has been terrific. They have all cheered me up and it really makes me realize that what we lost is not important, it is that we still have so many great people who can get together to talk on IRC. TMBG fans are the greatest...as everybody on here knows.... Well...anyway, for any of you IRCers or future IRCers...my page is still up and valid...it is just all on #TMBGtrivia for a while... Lincoln is still being rebuilt and hopefully things will get somewhat back to normal soon...*hugs* Josh Jish on EFnet IRC -- http://www.fyi.net/~josh/irc.html ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Christi Message-ID: <19970805.195603.8103.1.aviso@juno.com> From: aviso@juno.com (Justin T McElroy) Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 20:06:35 EDT URGENT!! I need The OMLT Goddesses address right away!! Justin McElroy aviso@juno.com "The words I'm (writing) now mean nothing more than meow to an animal" ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33E7EB00.6102@ix.netcom.com> Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 20:09:52 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: TMBG: Projects This We Might Be Giants of which you speak... could it be a collection of covers, by any chance? If so, I know a few people who may be interested in recording a little something for it. Amanda ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33E7EBE5.3D87@ix.netcom.com> Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 20:13:41 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: TMBG: Ack! Smelling!! Thanks for being the first person (so far) who's said what they meant without **sounding** (key word there, folks) mean. I'm all for diversity. Hell, I'll be wearing ONE @&$^@!^! shirt for a whole week. A dog that hasn't bathed in months is gonna smell better than that thing. But it's a cool shirt, so I'm cool with it. Again, a big thank you to Christi for the one and only OMLT... aahhhhH!! !Lightning!!!! Gotta go... Amanda ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33E7EF10.4360@ix.netcom.com> Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 20:27:12 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: TMBG: UMLT Just remember, we are all about love and encouragememt. No > more insulting the UMLT. I believe that Rodney King was only trying to say it better than you.... Bottom line is, folks, there are shirts on the way (at some point). Many different shirts would make the world a more colorful place. She's just trying to help out (and it is a generous offer... t-shirts can really get up there in price). Ah, well... Amanda ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33E7EE10.4048@ix.netcom.com> Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 20:22:56 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: TMBG: Serious Songs? Kirsten Brodbeck wrote: > > > I always thought it was Alice Cooper. "The words that Alice > >said" being that the main character, in this case, is an Alice fan (hence > >the listing of Cooper albums at the end). > > It is, but before I knew that, I always thought of Alice in > Wonderland... I can definately see that....speaking of interps, I've got a song for people to decipher: SPIDER. Go ahead, kids, make with the ideas... Amanda ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33E7F00E.63FD@ix.netcom.com> Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 20:31:26 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: TMBG: Classifications This may help to clear up the "what are they?" debate- I have a live music show on my college radio station and at the end of the year I had a band from my area of Maine come on and play (Rustic Overtones...anyone heard of 'em?). Before they played, they took calls and questions from the audience. When the question was posed to them, they said: "We like to think of ourselves as rock. There are so many lables out there, and we really don't fall into many of the definitions of say, ska or alternative. We're a rock band." While it's not the Johns, it's a band in their postion- not quite fitting in with any definition. Amanda ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33E7F11F.292@ix.netcom.com> Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 20:35:59 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: TMBG: Conan Poopoo!!! Uh, just kidding. I'll float by and see...I mean, hear it as soon as I get through this Freakin' Truckload of Mail.... errr... Amanda ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33E7F0CC.7FA9@ix.netcom.com> Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 20:34:36 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: TMBG: #TMBG takeover update and explanation As Lincoln recovers from his viral infection, I'll send him a big ole hug and wander down to visit him soon. Geesh, some people. The poor lil guy probably didn't even know what hit him. Good luck getting everything up and running again from one who's seen *that* look when the Unthinkable happens. Amanda ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 5 Aug 97 21:19 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: What They Are Someone wrote that They were >jazz-funk-rock ..... It's this kind of bullshit that makes identification >and clasifing hard .... there is no way that anything on JH is jazz or even >jazzy .... I though "Dirtbike" definitely had some jazz influence in the horns, etc. Almost every kind of music is somehow jazz-tinged, though, so I really don't think TMBG could be called jazz. Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 22:29:31 -0400 From: Mismirilda Message-ID: <33E7E18B.1832@erols.com> Organization: EROL'S Subject: TMBG: Re: Conan Justin T McElroy wrote: > sound clip exlusive to my homepage. It is late night personality Conan > O'Brien's Opinion on TMBG's second album. You should see it. I mean hear Interesting, but how do we know it's legit? What episode was this, why was he talking about Lincoln, and are you sure he's not talking about the president? Sorry to question your trustworthiness, but the clip dosn't say much for itself -Mismirilda ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 23:39:10 -0400 From: Mismirilda Message-ID: <33E7F1DE.166B@erols.com> Organization: EROL'S Subject: TMBG: Random Game Here's something to fill up the list... In the official TMBG site, in the picture album under "quantity", the second picture from the bottom is band members from summer of '94. It's a very interesting picture, with a lot of stuff going on in the car. Here's the game -- to make a caption for the picture. A dialogue or something, to tell what the band members are saying or thinking right then. Be as imaginative as possible. I would make one myself, but I'm not that creative ;) sorry Have fun! -Mismi ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 21:44:41 -0600 Subject: TMBG: Pet name gets no appreciation Message-ID: <19970805.214445.13982.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) Okay while i'm on the topic of bringing things to a closure... member how while they were touring everyone would post about how everyone would boo when they played pet name (or at least not cheer)? well, flans is on this pet name kick the whole tour long but it's been determined that as of march 13th in the radio interview it is apparent that linny and graham both don't want to play that song. perhaps they got the clue that the majority of their fans didn't like the song. flans seems totally baffled as to why they wouldn't want to play it too... made me feel sorry for him =( i'd just like to end this with a quick note as to how, i personally like the song pet name and thus will make a new sig to prove so... but i don't want this to turn into a thread of "i like that song" vs. "i don't liek that song" so newbies (that seem to have taken over the list recently) don't even think about it... "WE've almost figured out how we get along, and given time we'll find it strange to be alone" ---TMBG love, JOrdaN ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 21:37:39 -0600 Subject: TMBG: JOHN HENRY DEBATE!!! (resurrected for a conclusion) Message-ID: <19970805.214445.13982.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) Well, i just listened to one of my bootleg radio interviews (live in the peak lounge '94) which brings the debate over the title of John Henry to a close: Flansburgh says: "John Henry is a folk figure from the 19th century he was a steel-driving man as they say in the folk song and basically it's a story of a man versus machine. He's like the strongest guy around and he gets into this competition with a steam drill. He actually wins but then he dies of a heart attack..." THen Linny interrupted with: "We thought, how appropriate, as it parallels our pathetic existence" FLans comes back with: "But death with dignity, now that's our whole trip" so it is concluded here and now. "MY favorite food is water. I'm really in to water. Ya know, it's delicious and it's good for you" ---JOhN Flansburgh love, JOrdaN (who's hoping people will now realize the significance of the capitalization of my name) If anyone would like to trade for the above interview or any other bootlegs of mine visit: http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-217 ******************************