Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-218 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 218 Thursday, 7 August 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Conan TMBG: Conan Loves Lincoln TMBG: Space Ghost TMBG: Re: Stupid posts Non TMBG: Converse TMBG: Apologies Re: TMBG: Re: Stupid posts TMBG: Take Me Off Re: TMBG: Classifications Re: TMBG: Conan TMBG: TMBG Bar None vid collection TMBG: tmbg.org mail updates Re: TMBG: Re: Stupid posts TMBG: tour TMBG: threads TMBG: OMLT, hold the onions Re: TMBG: Random Game Re: TMBG: Pet name gets no appreciation TMBG: A Solution for Omlettes (OMLTs) Re: TMBG: Space Ghost Re: TMBG: Conan RE: TMBG: A Solution for Omlettes (OMLTs) TMBG: OMLT Re: TMBG: What Happened to Superfueled Freaksicle. TMBG: TMBGy shoes and Space Ghost Re: TMBG: What Happened to Superfueled Freaksicle. Re: TMBG: What Happened to Superfueled Freaksicle. Re: TMBG: What Happened to Superfueled Freaksicle. Re: TMBG: What Happened to Superfueled Freaksicle. Re: TMBG: What Happened to Superfueled Freaksicle. TMBG: I can UMLT if i wanna!!!! Non-TMBG:help with a problem now NON-TMBG: Re: Converse, the choice of TMBG TMBG: One More Parade Re: now NON-TMBG: Re: Converse, the choice of TMBG TMBG: NoVa Get Together Re: TMBG: I can UMLT if i wanna!!!! TMBG: genre..from johns mouth Re: TMBG: genre..from johns mouth Re: TMBG: What They Are Re: TMBG: Serious Songs? Re: TMBG: Conan Loves Lincoln Re: TMBG: A Solution for Omlettes (OMLTs) Re: Non-TMBG: Embedding Those Suckers. Re: TMBG: What Happened to Superfueled Freaksicle. Re: TMBG: genre..from johns mouth Re: TMBG: Conan Loves Lincoln Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <33E824E4.6D37@tmbg.org> Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 00:16:52 -0700 From: Ruprecht Organization: Representatives of the People of Here Subject: Re: TMBG: Conan Amanda Nichols wrote: > > Poopoo!!! > Uh, just kidding. I'll float by and see...I mean, hear it > as soon as I get through this Freakin' Truckload of Mail.... > errr... Not to be a spoil sport, but... If you are gonna complain, you could start by combining the seven messages you sent within minutes of each other into one, or just skip some of the replies (such as this one) that don't really need to exist. -- I don't know what that woman needs, but I'd love to give it to her. --"Choose Me" \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ http://freshnet.de/user/ruprecht/ * Now in FreshNet Vision * ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33E82785.6222@tmbg.org> Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 00:28:05 -0700 From: Ruprecht Organization: Representatives of the People of Here Subject: TMBG: Conan Loves Lincoln It is definitely true that this is Conan speaking in a .wav on some guy's annoyingly long geocities page, that episode was rerun last night. But it is also true that he is referring to the president who has just participated in a fake cameo role in a mockery of Kenneth Brannaugh's Hamlet. Nice try, but a lot of tmbg fans watch Conan regularly. So stop lying. -- I don't know what that woman needs, but I'd love to give it to her. --"Choose Me" \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ http://freshnet.de/user/ruprecht/ * Now in FreshNet Vision * ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970805221838.006fbfd4@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 22:20:25 -0700 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: Space Ghost >I heard they took it off because TMBG was asking for too much money. I guess >they're not as noble as we thought they were. I admit that our beloved Giants do have bills to pay, but it may have been Elektra, rather than the Giants, asking for more $. --nicole the wonder nerd sad because TCI San Jose--curse their cursed name forever!--doesn't offer the Cartoon Network or whatever the heck SG:C2C is on. *** "They tore down the garage to make room for the torn-down garage."--They Might Be Giants Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn Public PGP key at http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn/key.html ncarlson@mail.arc.nasa.gov nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199708060621.XAA21559@geocities.com> From: "Johann D. Beheader" Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 02:18:28 +0000 Subject: TMBG: Re: Stupid posts > Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 18:49:16 -0400 (EDT) > To: > From: Trippy > Subject: TMBG: Re: Stupid posts > Reply-to: Trippy > please don't post anymore of this stupid ascii art bullshit, of course i > cut it out of my quoted message below, but you know what i'm talking > about... and enough with all this OMLT stupidity, what did people expect? > has any project started by this list every been finished? we have some kid, > her shoes, and a guy named bob in charge of making tshirts, i mean the > whole thing should have taken a month at most but it will probably end up > closer to a year, and i'm not complaining we'll just have to keep waiting, > i just don't understand why all of the sudden it's all anyone can post > about... > > Trippy > Jeezus..Take it easy, Shit happens. Posting your gripes about stuff isn't helping it. The OMLT looks like its going to go through. Just be patient. And there's nothing wrong with shoes. Why don't you post something new, instead of pointing out that other people don't post about something new. And to take my own advice... What is the hidden track on FS? it sounds familiar. -Johann ------------------------------ From: NitpickR@aol.com Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 02:57:21 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970806025721_-53228928@emout06.mail.aol.com> Subject: Non TMBG: Converse Hello 41- First of all, somebody smack me for adding non-TMBG to the list, but I didn't want to email everbody sepratley about Converse shoes. Big sizes- Unless something changed, they no longer make Chucks in any other colors than white, off white, and black above a size 13. This probably doesn't help many people besides myself, but I wanted to let it be known. Color- Chucks are made out of canvas, and canvas is a wonderful material to color. As a ritual, I get a new pair every year, and color them myself. The first pair were sky blue, and are now a lot less sky, but have the signature of all the Giants including Tony but no Eric (except Linnell, because I haven't had the courage to ask him yet. And Eric was never a full fledged Giant in my book), Cub, Speech from Arrested Development (he kinda opened for TMBG at a show I saw), and Brian Dewan. My next pair are off white, but as I said, they take color well, so they are now checkerboard. My pair after that are black with the TMBG factory logo in many places all over it. The pair that I will be getting soon I may make a neat color, or if that MagicDip stuff works, get enough of that to have magic shoes. ...As if I don't allready. Orlando- I plan to be there in a few weeks, and there are 2 Converse outlet stores according to that faq I read, and I know where they are. SO, if you give me your size and color and your word that you will pay me back, I'll look for you. I don't have the time yet to hand make them for people, but it may come. Adam Rubens~ NitpickR@aol.com * adr49289@pegasus.edu.cc.ucf Someone ask me how I played today. How'd you play? Don't ask. -Conversation between my grandpa and I. Currently in the CD Changer- I forgot, it's in Florida. <([8^) ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 22:20:05 +0700 From: petery7@ozemail.com.au (Peter Young) Subject: TMBG: Apologies My apologies to all that were offended by my email signature. It seems that one of my friends have tampered with it. Once again, I am sorry! Pete. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 08:31:44 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: From: Trippy Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Stupid posts At 02:18 -0000 8/6/97, Johann D. Beheader wrote: >Jeezus..Take it easy, Shit happens. i don't remember being that excited... and as any good dilbert fan will tell you, it's "shift happens" >Posting your gripes about stuff isn't helping it. yes it is... it's making me feel better :P >The OMLT looks like its going to go through. Just be patient. isn't that what I said >And there's nothing wrong with shoes. i defintely didn't say there was anything wrong with shoes... i wear then almost every day... >Why don't you post something new, instead of pointing out that other >people don't post about something new. as a wise man once said "do as i say, not as i do" >What is the hidden track on FS? it sounds familiar. Token back to Brooklyn... l8r trippy ------------------------------ Message-Id: <9708061307.AA6393@notesgw.compuserve.com> From: John Bayley/Technical Support/Stafford Park/PSMMICROS Date: 6 Aug 97 12:49:14 Subject: TMBG: Take Me Off Please Take Me Off your Mailing List my address is jbayley%psmmicros@notesgw.compuserve.com Thankyou ------------------------------ Message-Id: <33E89DB1.3F9@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 08:52:17 -0700 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: TMBG: Classifications Here is my latest experience with band classification. It isn't about TMBG, but the lesson learned could easily be applied. I went over to Decatur (Illinois... middle of no where) to see Moxy Fruvous play a festival there. It was great. They played an hour set at 7 and another at 10. Before the 10 show, there was this kid with a Metallica shirt who walked up to me and asked what kind of music goes on at this stage. I said Moxy Fruvous and he said what!?!!? What kind of music is it? I stammered through trying to explain something that couldn't be. I referred some other bands the Metallica kid never heard of. He started guessing? Country? No, I said. The Ramones with a smile? A cross between Weird Al and the Ramones with a smile? I just said that they are my favoritest, if that helps at all. He walked off to check out other things. At about that time, I was walking over by the Merchandise table to chat with Marcus (general Stuff Table Guy and King of Spain entourage member) when someone popped out of the crowd and asked him what kind of band was at the stage. He just looked at me and I looked back at him and laughed. I said, "Man, I wanna hear a professional answer this question, because I never can." Marcus told the woman to stay and listen for 10 minutes. Then you'll know and you won't need to classify it. I put TMBG in that same place. It is John Music and if you don't what that means, here, listen to this and then you'll know. And then you listen to some more and it changes, and you appreciate it, because it is John, and we love John. -- -======================================================================- Chad Maloney | CMMalone@softart.com | WWW homeless as of late... -======================================================================- Software Engineer | Every little child learns, if you can't see dreams Software Artistry | your eyes are blind - Fly, Moxy Fruvous -======================================================================- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <33E8A13D.33B2@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 09:07:25 -0700 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: TMBG: Conan Ruprecht wrote: > > Not to be a spoil sport, but... If you are gonna complain, you could > start by combining the seven messages you sent within minutes of each > other into one Um... that is called the digest version of the list Sorry, Wednesday morning facetiousness is abounding. -- -====================================================================- Chad Maloney | CMMalone@softart.com | WWW homeless as of late... -====================================================================- Software Engineer | You'll never fly as the crow flies... get used Software Artistry | to a country mile -- Emily Saliers -====================================================================- ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 13:14:47 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970806131257_-1171446544@emout14.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: TMBG Bar None vid collection Many of you guys said the TMBG info club doesn't have the video anymore.. Well I was browsing a local alternative music store's site (Lakeshore Record Exchange) and saw on their video page they have it listed. I don't know how current this is, or if you can mail order things (I think you can), but if you want to check it out it's at: http://www.alternativemusic.com/Vid.html They also have O Tannenbaum and WDTSS and Mono Puff's DWDTN on 7". sarah http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199708061715.NAA26919@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: tmbg.org mail updates Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 13:15:34 -0400 (EDT) Over the next 2-3 days I will be reworking much of the tmbg.org mail system to cure some problems we are having. In the process a much more elaborate spam filtering system will go into place that will make it easier to stop mass mailings both to tmbg.org aliases as well as the mailing lists. Please let me know if you see any wierd behavior out of the mailing list or your alias mail in the near future. Thanks. -- Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org System Administration - Network Design TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199708061728.KAA10771@geocities.com> From: "Johann D. Beheader" Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 13:33:59 +0000 Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Stupid posts > Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 08:31:44 -0400 (EDT) > To: "Johann D. Beheader" , tmbg-list@tmbg.org > From: Trippy > Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Stupid posts > Reply-to: Trippy > >What is the hidden track on FS? it sounds familiar. > > Token back to Brooklyn... > > l8r > trippy Thanks. Sorry if I was being a bit pissy, I was in a bad mood. -Johann ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 11:31:09 -0600 Subject: TMBG: tour Message-ID: <19970806.113439.12134.11.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) >Ok people, I am going crazy.........Does anyone know when TMBG is going back >on tour. Please reply if you have any info > Hemoman9 well, typically they put out a record evrey two years and they start their next tour right before the album is released. SO you can expect them to start touring sometime next year and the album to be released soon thereafter. "Moths beat on the windowpane, telling me I'm not the same. Sounds of nothing, sounds of fear, speak to me when no one's here" ---TMBG love, JOrdaN ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 11:10:46 -0600 Subject: TMBG: threads Message-ID: <19970806.113439.12134.8.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) >> I can't stand it when >> people are rude to other people just because they don't personally like a >> thread. Some people on this list just aren't considerate enough. > I was never rude to anyone...I just was tired of reading the same message > over and over again...just like "me too" messages and "I agree" messages. > All I did was express my displeasure about them, much like the poster who > first complained about "me too" messages. I'm just a little more frank about > it. anyways, doesn;t it say somewhere that you shouldn't post "me too" messges in hte little message you get when you first join the list? "MY favorite food is water. I'm really in to water. Ya know, it's delicious and it's good for you" ---JOhN Flansburgh love, JOrdaN (who's hoping people will now realize the significance of the capitalization of my name) ------------------------------ From: TheyMBG@aol.com Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 13:44:36 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970806134340_-220924337@emout14.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: OMLT, hold the onions Yes, annoying as I am... Once again, my appeals to be diplomatic have been taken with anger and animosity. My apologies to the many that so angrily reminded me to read my mail more carefully (explicative deleted) since the OMLT was taking orders until Thursday... I do apologize.. As those on aol know, sometimes the server screws us over and decides maybe we don't need that message for a while.. (come rain or shine?).. Anyways. I still think that my rambling had a pretty good point. What about after Thursday, kiddies? Unless we get more of a hold on this thing, it could go on forever! Hypothetically, newbies joining after Thursday (the deadline) could get wind of the OMLT and also want one and thus the debate starts again... see the hands of my offspring making windmills?... I say unless we can have a definate answer to muffle their disquietude, we're in trouble. I think the answer that listees create their own is a wondrous one.. but then some posts seem hipocritical.. like "make your own, but don't try and compete with the OFFICIAL one, because it's the best and we say so. Neah." Didn't we all learn from out parents that "because I said so" makes you even unhappier? ("The trash heap has spoken, neaaah" sorry, relapse. O:) ) Now listees, listen up. This is so NOT a slam to anyone, because Heather loves each and every one of you and never intends to hurt feelings or maim in any way, okay? I'm about as neutral as unflavored geletin, but I don't like unhappy people posts. So don't respond in anger please! My ego is very fragile and I will cry. I'm starting to think now that maybe this wasn't such a wonderful idea, as it seems to be dividing the list into political party like sections. (wouldn't you know I'm an independent..) but it's being done, and that's that. Personally I like Christie AND her shoes and think she's doing a wonderful job (although I am envious about the whole Paris thing..) I just think that it would be a good idea to set a time of reorders now so we won't have to go through it again. Is that so wrong? Please, if someone agrees with me in any way.. let me know? I'm starting to feel like a loner here.. and thanks to Amanda who noticed how I was trying to be constructive. (you can sigh in exasperation here, I'm finally done.) Heather "political parties will be the death of this country" -George Washington ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33E8E27A.7EE7@ix.netcom.com> Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 13:45:46 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: TMBG: Random Game Jeez, you're reading my mind. You'll never guess which picture is currently residing on my desktop...They Might Be Neck Pillows. What IS that white thing being held up in the back, anyway? My sister thinks it's a deflated neck pillow and my brother hopes it's not underwear. So do I. Amanda ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33E8E356.1CDB@ix.netcom.com> Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 13:49:26 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: TMBG: Pet name gets no appreciation Wow, that's the first I've heard of within the group anti-pet name stuff. I've seen them twice on the FS tour and they played it both times. Maybe they're sick of it, or they don't think it fits with the set list. Ah well, perhaps Flans can convince good ol Steve Calhoon to play it w/ Mono Puff. Seems to be a song that more the Puff's all-over-the-place style, anyhoo. It suprises me that Grahm doesn't like it. It's got a nice bass line. my 2 cents, Amanda ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 13:53:15 -0400 Message-Id: <199708061753.NAA26894@ussodyssey.ufp.org> From: The Denominator Subject: TMBG: A Solution for Omlettes (OMLTs) OkOkOk, This is never going to end until we reach a viable solution that will please everyone, both Goddess supporters and newbies who missed out. Fortunately, taking an idea buried in someone else's post, I have a plan that should please everyone. ************ We should have an Annual OMLT. Every year there will be a new design, a new slogan, and (if needed) a new person in charge (so that nobody gets swamped with all the responsibility every time). This way we can all get shirts, lots of them! For the newbies it rocks because they get in on the deal sooner or later. For the old timers, they get to collect shirts from every year, to show off to their friends as a status symbol. And Christi gets immortalized again for starting the whole tradition. Is this not a good idea? I would personally love to have 5 or 6 OMLTs down the line when I'm onld and grey, or dead, or whatever. So, how about we decide on the best time to produce the shirts, and work out a tradition from there. I personally think Summer would be the best time, since most people probably have a little more free time to dedicate to projects than during the academic year. Let's debate this back and forth a while, come to a consensus, and do this thing! :) Yay. We should also get a web page built strictly for the OMLTs, where we could put the vying designs and slogans and put all our voting and such on there, so we don't have to clutter the list with OMLT business, whining, arguing, defending, resolving, and such. ********** Your friendly annoying person, Kris (>The Denominator<) Maxwell ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33E8E527.641B@ix.netcom.com> Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 13:57:11 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: TMBG: Space Ghost Nicole the Wonder Nerd wrote: > > >I heard they took it off because TMBG was asking for too much money. I guess > >they're not as noble as we thought they were. > > I admit that our beloved Giants do have bills to pay, but it may have been > Elektra, rather than the Giants, asking for more $. > > --nicole the wonder nerd And I have also heard rumours that Turner isn't exactly great when it comes to doling out moolah for even their most popular shows. Ah, Ted Turner....LET THEM ACTUALLY ANIMATE THE FREAKIN SHOW!!! So, "the man" once again comes by, knocking down our fun. Amanda ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33E8E497.6CFA@ix.netcom.com> Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 13:54:47 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: TMBG: Conan Ruprec > > Not to be a spoil sport, but... If you are gonna complain, you could > start by combining the seven messages you sent within minutes of each > other into one, or just skip some of the replies (such as this one) that > don't really need to exist. > > Awwright..... I'm only gonna say this once. I hate it when I write to someone and they don't write back. I'm trying to carry on a few conversations and support other folks here on the list. There's nothing that says you have to read them all. If this is something that I shouldn't be doing (and that seems to be the attitude I've been getting recently) then so be it. There is such a thing as a sense of humor and lightening up every now and then. My thing is, why be on a mailing list to talk to people when they don't wanna talk? Amanda ------------------------------ Subject: RE: TMBG: A Solution for Omlettes (OMLTs) Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 11:30:29 -0800 Message-Id: 10440107.1.6579@server4.onmedia.com From: "Butterfly Girl" Hi! Lani O. here... just playing with new email accounts... Anyway, I think the idea of being able to order an OMLT annually is a good one. I don't think the design should change every year, though... or at least not drastically. Maybe add the year (1997!) to it or something... so that each is recognizable to other listies as an OMLT even if it is from different years. Part of the point of it all was so we could recognize each other at shows and stuff, so if the design changed completely every year, it would sort of defeat that purpose. (I guess my biggest gripe is that I really shouldn't spend so much money, but I know I'd still buy a new list shirt every year if they were different!) But a new OMLT printing every year is A-OK with me! -Lani O:) "We fear change." please send mail to: lanio@u.washington.edu The Denominator sed: > We should have an Annual OMLT. Every year there will be a new >design, a new slogan, and (if needed) a new person in charge (so that nobody >gets swamped with all the responsibility every time). This way we can all >get shirts, lots of them! For the newbies it rocks because they get in on >the deal sooner or later. For the old timers, they get to collect shirts >from every year, to show off to their friends as a status symbol. And >Christi gets immortalized again for starting the whole tradition. Is this >not a good idea? I would personally love to have 5 or 6 OMLTs down the line >when I'm onld and grey, or dead, or whatever. > So, how about we decide on the best time to produce the shirts, and >work out a tradition from there. I personally think Summer would be the best >time, since most people probably have a little more free time to dedicate to >projects than during the academic year. Let's debate this back and forth a >while, come to a consensus, and do this thing! :) Yay. > We should also get a web page built strictly for the OMLTs, where we >could put the vying designs and slogans and put all our voting and such on >there, so we don't have to clutter the list with OMLT business, whining, >arguing, defending, resolving, and such. * ------------------------------------------------------ | Where do you want to get your Email today? | http://www.goplay.com/email/1000000 - it's FREE! ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 14:51:19 -0400 (EDT) From: squeak! Subject: TMBG: OMLT Message-ID: OK, so.... I sent a letter to the OMLT Goddess with my OMLT order, but haven't heard back from her. I'm getting nervous. Anyway, what I was wondering was if anyone else had ordered a shirt in the window of opportunity, and if so, had they heard back from Christi, or is there too much mail for her to answer, or what? Also, if you ordered a shirt before, did you get a reply from her? Sorry to blather on like an idiot... Jen :9 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The politician was gone but unnoticed, like the period after the Dr. on a Dr Pepper can. (Wayne Goode, Madison, Ala.) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 12:49:16 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: What Happened to Superfueled Freaksicle. Message-ID: <19970806.130235.18846.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) Amanda Nichols wrote: > > FamousName@aol.com wrote: > > > > I haven't been posting to the list in a while and just wondered? > > > > Joseph > > I ate him. He was yummie. :^) > Amanda first off, amanda, was that post necessary? please have a little respect for us other listees. ANyways, my theory on SUperfueled freakcycle is that that project became THen THe Earlier Years. See, SF was supposed to have all the singles and b-sides/ep's. However, i think while they were doing that they were like this is misc.t with some other stuff why not just put misc.t with the pink album and lincoln and get some of our older stuff back out there? "Moths beat on the windowpane, telling me I'm not the same. Sounds of nothing, sounds of fear, speak to me when no one's here" ---TMBG take it easy, JOrdaN ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 15:08:39 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970806150736_-1305402178@emout01.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: TMBGy shoes and Space Ghost >tell me about it, I've been looking for a pair >of kelly green all-stars for a couple years >now, and I didn't even know he had some. I think >I've seen both of them wear converse one-stars, >and possibly dr. J's, always black. Nice to see >them supporting shoes made in america. I have the ones, I guess they're the dr. j's ... (black with the star and the > next to it in white).. I've had them for nearly 3 years... before I knew Flans had them. :) that was a pleasant suh-prise . If anyone MUST know , I chose them because 80% of my school already weras the plain one-stars, and I wanted to be different, dammit!;) >Okay, this is a little off subject, but doesn >anyone know where you can get Converse sneakers >anymore? I used to see them at the mall and all >over, but now i can't find them anywhere! I had >to settle for pseudo-Converse deck shoes from >L.L. Bean. :P Hmmmm... I got my aforementioned shoes at Lady Foot Locker... go figure.;) On that subject, I've been looking for certain sneaks too -- shiny Airwalks (the regular ones are tooooo trendy ) silver or red. Can't find 'em. : r >ALso, check out Cartoon Planet. I'm a big Brak >fan, myself. ('sides, you hardcore tmbg kids >know the theme song is "No One Knows My Plan.") Ah, used to be.;) I noticed they still play it for the commercials tho... they can still do that? >This is starting to border on the sick side of >fandom... I think we all know *that* person, >with that strange look in their eyes... (it's >only my evil humor. don't mind me at all.) >Amanda .....huh? sarah http://lava.home.ml.org "I think they should have prozac chip ice cream. For depressed children. 'Here Jimmy, you don't always have to colour with the black crayon!' " - Steven Wright ------------------------------ Message-Id: <33E8EBCE.182F@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 14:25:34 -0700 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: TMBG: What Happened to Superfueled Freaksicle. JOda: Master of Yedi wrote: > ANyways, my theory on SUperfueled freakcycle is that that project became > THen THe Earlier Years. See, SF was supposed to have all the singles and > b-sides/ep's. However, i think while they were doing that they were like > this is misc.t with some other stuff why not just put misc.t with the > pink album and lincoln and get some of our older stuff back out there? I never thought of that... that is a _very_ good point. Are there that many unreleased tunes now that T:TEY has put out a lot of previously unreleased b-sides and smaller scale songs on CD? I'm not a huge knowledgebase of tunes They do, but are there any non-covers that aren't minted in plastic and available in stores now? Hmmm... They got lost? Is that on T:TEY? I don't got my CDs at hand... Official stating of the question: Are they enough TMBG originals still floating out there to even think about Superfueled Freakcicle anymore? -- -======================================================================- Chad Maloney | CMMalone@softart.com | WWW homeless as of late... -======================================================================- Software Engineer | Every little child learns, if you can't see dreams Software Artistry | your eyes are blind - Fly, Moxy Fruvous -======================================================================- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 15:38:48 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: From: Trippy Subject: Re: TMBG: What Happened to Superfueled Freaksicle. At 21:25 -0000 8/6/97, Chad Maloney wrote: > >They got lost? Is that on T:TEY? I don't got my CDs at hand... > are you kidding? T:TEY is all pre-Elektra (except for Particle Man) "They got lost" is from the FS time period... (isn't it) trippy ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 13:52:39 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: What Happened to Superfueled Freaksicle. Message-ID: <19970806.135252.18846.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) >I never thought of that... that is a _very_ good point. Are there that >many unreleased tunes now that T:TEY has put out a lot of previously >unreleased b-sides and smaller scale songs on CD? heheee, they had made 1 billion songs as of the begining of the John Henry tour. (i know, it's in that same peak lounge interview) You have to keep in mind that they used to make a new song every hour for dial-a-song. this quickly turned into a new song every day but still that's a lot of songs... "WElcome to the jungle [JOR]dan..." ---TMBG! love, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ------------------------------ Message-Id: <33E8F25D.5B03@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 14:53:33 -0700 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: TMBG: What Happened to Superfueled Freaksicle. Trippy wrote: > > are you kidding? T:TEY is all pre-Elektra (except for Particle Man) "They > got lost" is from the FS time period... (isn't it) I wasn't kidding at all. Did I mention I'm not a knowledgebase of the tunes They do? I never really thought about the fact that T:TEY is all pre-elektra either. I mean, if stuff isn't really released, it isn't pre or post anything. I dunno... I was just trying to think of stuff they could put on SF. I'm sorry if my guess at something was not up to the par required for a post. As far as I can tell, They Got Lost is from the FS time period, yeah. So that doesn't count? I'm confused now. What were we talking about? Shoes? I could really use a shoehorn, you know, the kind with teeth. Don't beat me up for it, I'm just saying what I think. I'd kinda like to have one of those shoehorns with teeth, you know? -- -====================================================================- Chad Maloney | CMMalone@softart.com | WWW homeless as of late... -====================================================================- Software Engineer | You'll never fly as the crow flies... get used Software Artistry | to a country mile -- Emily Saliers -====================================================================- ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 17:48:12 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970806174521_1914811747@emout05.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: What Happened to Superfueled Freaksicle. There's no way Superfuled became Then, because as someone pointed out, Then is strictly a showcase for pre-Elektra recordings (with the exception of the kids singing "Particle Man," which they mainly put on there to find out who they were--and it worked!). There is more than enough Elektra material to put on a b-sides comp--there are original songs from the "Guitar," "I Palindrome I," "Why Does the Sun Shine," "Istanbul" "Back to Skull" and "SEXXY" eps, and who knows, they might wanna include their covers of "25 O'clock" and "One More Parade" on there as well. As for the FS-era songs that have been played in concert but not released (such as "They Got Lost"), most of those will probably be on the next TMBG album, but I'm sure one or two of them might end up on Superfuled if they decide to put a couple of tunes on there not available on the singles (like "Hey, Mr. DJ" on Misc. T). So any way you slice it, there is material aplenty left for Superfuled--gotta love those prolific Johns! Kay ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19970806182142.00698e04@dune.artic.edu> Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 18:21:42 -0400 From: amy beth geerling Subject: TMBG: I can UMLT if i wanna!!!! let me start out by saying how surprised i am at how unsupportive people on this list have been to the creative process.... i can do whatever i want to do on this list just like christina did with the OMLT. i have been a listee for about 2.5 years, and i have seen some bitchin' on and off, but i cant believe how many people are getting pissey over such a stupid thing. i was offering something that people were showing an interest in, if you didnt like it, you had the right to say so, but i can't believe that fellow supposedly cool listees and giant-ites would get so krabby over such a stupid thing. lighten up! anyone who wants an UMLT, i am working on some designs and will post a web address where you can check it out... i just have to convert the files to the right format. newer listees, i know, would apprecate working on something new that they missed before, i dont' mind doing the work, and it's fun.......just like this list is *supposed* to be! anyone who has a problem with this can email me. allthough i have no idea why they would. please, stop the insanity! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199708062316.SAA20328@mail1.nitco.com> From: "The Cowans" Subject: Non-TMBG:help with a problem Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 18:06:06 -0500 Now this isn't related to TMBG, until I use it on my in-the-process-of-being-made website, but does anyone know ho to embed sounds, especially midi files on a page? Any help would be appreciated. Blink ------------------------------ From: Mooseful@aol.com Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 19:13:23 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970806191227_-588074729@emout17.mail.aol.com> Subject: now NON-TMBG: Re: Converse, the choice of TMBG >At my recent wedding we chose Converse hi-tops for more comfortable >dancing. My wife wore white hi-tops and me and the groomsmen wore black. >And it was much more comfortable than they standard issue dress shoes. You, sir are awesome. I love Chucks so much it's pitiful. I've got seven pairs, one with the autographs of Graham, Brian, Eric and the Velcro Horns. My eighth as-yet-unacquired pair will be a lovely shade of turquoisey blue. I'd kill for purple. I know a girl who had a black velvet pair that damn near made me swoon. Person who posted about Rolling Stones Chucks: How about Pink Floyd? I saw a pair once that had Pink Floyd stuff all over them, and I can't be sure whether or not the person wearing them drew it herself. You happen to know? Chucks with the Factory Showroom bubble logo would rock my world. Oh my God, I think I could write a freaking dissertation all about Chucks and how much I love them. Um, I think i'll be going now. Conversely yours, Moose now wearing the black low-tops with glow-in-the-dark stars painted on 'em. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 19:15:48 -0400 (EDT) From: Robert Mootrey u Subject: TMBG: One More Parade Message-ID: I noticed this title in someone's message about what would be on Superfeuled Freaksickle and I thought,"What--a released TMBG recording I don't have???" (besides Live in NY and Racist Friend Remix and some SEXXY remixes only on vinyl, which I don't have) So first I checked John Relph's discography, and there it is, on something called Rubaiyat. So, can someone who's heard this recording tell me what it's like, and if this Rubaiyat is still in print, and if it's worth it? (is it really a 2 CD set?) I realize that it's a Phil Ochs song, and I wonder why I've never heard of this recording since it came out in 1991 or something. -Sean Mootrey. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33E9108D.5CA0@tmbg.org.nospam> Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 17:02:53 -0700 From: Flyn Subject: Re: now NON-TMBG: Re: Converse, the choice of TMBG Mooseful@aol.com wrote: > > >At my recent wedding we chose Converse hi-tops for more comfortable > >dancing. My wife wore white hi-tops and me and the groomsmen wore black. > >And it was much more comfortable than they standard issue dress shoes. > > You, sir are awesome. I love Chucks own any of those> so much it's pitiful. I've got seven pairs, one with the > autographs of Graham, Brian, Eric and the Velcro Horns. Christy? I know you're out there, I've seen others at shows.> My eighth > as-yet-unacquired pair will be a lovely shade of turquoisey blue. I'd kill > for purple. I know a girl who had a black velvet pair that damn near made me > swoon. I got ya beat, I have 9 pairs so far: Purple, dyed purple (turned out the same color as the farmer johns shirt), pine, dyed green, maroon, bright blue, turquoise, white denim (yuck) and Ultra Red, the rarest color I've found. I've also got some all-star 2000's which are kinda lame and some very cool burgundy one-star 2000's. I admit it, I am a Converse addict. > Person who posted about Rolling Stones Chucks: How about Pink Floyd? I saw a > pair once that had Pink Floyd stuff all over them, and I can't be sure > whether or not the person wearing them drew it herself. You happen to know? I don't know, they probably made them themselves. > Chucks with the Factory Showroom bubble logo would rock my > world. Oh my God, I think I could write a freaking dissertation all about > Chucks and how much I love them. Um, I think i'll be going now. > Conversely yours, > Moose > now wearing the black low-tops with glow-in-the-dark stars painted on 'em. > how about Conasaurs?> You might check out http://sneakers.pair.com/chucks.htm it's filled with a disgusting amount of info, and has cool things like a picture of the converse factory with a horse drawn wagon in front. This guy is obsessed with shoes in general, kinda scary really. -Flyn ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199708070109.VAA27755@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: NoVa Get Together Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 21:09:41 -0400 (EDT) Well, after getting way too many "sorry, I can't make it this weekend" replies I have decided that this weekend won't work for a NoVa get together. We'll just have to try this again some other time. -- Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org System Administration - Network Design TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970807015941.0068c494@uc.campus.mci.net> Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 21:59:41 -0400 From: Kelley Kent Subject: Re: TMBG: I can UMLT if i wanna!!!! >> newer listees, i know, would apprecate working on >> something new that they missed before, i dont' mind >> doing the work, and it's fun.......just like this >> list is *supposed* to be! That is until more newbies come through here in 2-3 months. What then, we start an UUMLT? And what about the newbies that come in later and miss out on the UUMLT? Well, I guess we'll have to have yet another MLT, now won't we - the UUUMLT. No offense, but you can't please everybody all the time. What I object to the UMLT idea, and I think this is some people's opinion, is the lack of need and/or direction. How many UMLT's are there going to be? The OMLT was intended for listee recognition at concerts. But if we're flooded with even a few UMLT's, the OMLT has lost it's purpose. What good is it to have, say, 5 different shirts with the list address on 5 different designs? Don't you think it would be better to just have that one OMLT as, like, a single sign of list membership? A universal sign, as it were. And I know you wear t-shirts to places other than concerts, but, as I've stated before - the whole idea behind the shirt was its purpose. Kelley Kent (kkent@uc.campus.mci.net) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "It's not a drug trip so you feel a bit insulted." - John Linnell ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 20:00:36 -0600 Subject: TMBG: genre..from johns mouth Message-ID: <19970806.201850.14358.3.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) as i am embarased to be addign to this thread i'd just like you all to know the only reason i;m doing it is to bring it to a close. in an interview with moo's daiv whaley on the eve of JH release... (oh yeah, i got it off of the internet somewhere... do a netsearch for "moo's daiv whaley" i'm sure you'll find it.) M: When you were writing this album, did you go into the studio knowing you were going to be working with a complete band this time around? J: Yeah. It's hard to say what change really took place because before we were working with the band, we were still doing a lot of things that were really band-like. I mean, I think we've always been in the realm of the popular song and the rock song ... it's funny, because the lineup sort of suggests recordings that were really common in 1967, 1968, which would be a small rock combo with a couple of horns. I mean, there was a period in time when having a couple of horns in your band was not considered that adventurous; it was pretty standard fare. It's kind of a 60s-based pop song that has horns in it, naturally. But we didn't want it to sound like Blood, Sweat, and Tears either, so we ended up peeling back the presence of the horns. It hasn't affected our writing process much, but it has affected our arranging process because that's a big part of our approach to music -- being careful and very aware of how things come together in the arrangements. We're pretty uptight about the arrangements. M: So, with the addition of the horns and the late-60s rock combo format, you're aligning yourself more with Engelbert Humperdinck, Mel Torme and Tom Jones? J: Uh, I was thinking more of Sam and Dave, personally. okay, so i guess that clears it up for what they are post-JH but, please, don;t post on this subject nay more unless you have the quotage material from one of the johns... it's old and your personal opinions are all blending together... "DIsembodied and detached a voice describes the scene" ---TMBG love, JOrdaN ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970807030913.00675884@uc.campus.mci.net> Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 23:09:13 -0400 From: Kelley Kent Subject: Re: TMBG: genre..from johns mouth >> don;t post on this subject nay more unless you have the quotage >> material from one of the johns... it's old and your personal opinions >> are all blending together... You know, I see myself and tell others that I'm a moderate Democrat. But when putting my values against the two parties, I come out a Democrat, with no moderation. Sometimes what comes from the "horse's mouth" isn't accurate at all, but weighted with personal opinions and biases. Just remember, the Johns are not responsible for how they are categorized, nor is any band. That is done by what is called "The Industry." Kelley Kent (kkent@uc.campus.mci.net) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "It's not a drug trip so you feel a bit insulted." - John Linnell ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199708070347.UAA00164@f68.hotmail.com> From: "Philbert Turtle" Subject: Re: TMBG: What They Are Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 20:47:30 PDT >And all this talk of which single should have been released is silly >.... I really think that Snail Shell was the best single choice cause >the fans ( us ) will be disapointed ( and we were ) but They want to >bring new fans and we brought it anyway .... It's the most apelling >from a commercialpoint of view .. Well, I don't think you can really choose which song would sell best, because TMBG is so far from the mainstream that it's impossible to tell how people will react, which is why I love 'em so much. "Snail Shell" was a very different song from the typical TMBG sort, but I really don't know how much it attracted new fans. It seems to me that They are less popular now than ever. Patrick, or "How I Learned to Stop Complaining and Love TMBG" (Mr. Me, or at least a reasonable facsimile) "I ran into my old girlfriend the other day. Then I backed up and ran into her again"--Jeffrey Ross ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199708070354.UAA14392@f36.hotmail.com> From: "Philbert Turtle" Subject: Re: TMBG: Serious Songs? Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 20:54:39 PDT >speaking of interps, I've got a song for people to decipher: SPIDER. >Go ahead, kids, make with the ideas... Okay, well, this might be stretching your mind a bit. It's a very radical, far-fetched interp of a complex song. It's so abnormal, it might make you gaggle with misunderstanding, but here goes: It's a song about a spider. More specifically, a superhero spider, but not Spiderman, because They've already parodied that old AC/DC song with "Particle Man." Patrick, or "How I Learned to Stop Complaining and Love TMBG" (Mr. Me, or at least a reasonable facsimile) "As a mark of respect, I thought on Sunday at 12:00, we could have a minute's flatulence."--Arnold Rimmer ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199708070410.VAA13747@f5.hotmail.com> From: "Philbert Turtle" Subject: Re: TMBG: Conan Loves Lincoln Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 21:10:06 PDT >It is definitely true that this is Conan speaking in a .wav on some >guy's annoyingly long geocities page, that episode was rerun last >night. But it is also true that he is referring to the president >who has just participated in a fake cameo role in a mockery of >Kenneth Brannaugh's Hamlet. Nice try, but a lot of tmbg fans watch >Conan regularly. So stop lying. Three problems with this post that I feel I have to get off my chest (exercise your freedom of speech!): 1. The "Annoyingly long" page is probably long because, er, "some guy" wanted it that way. 2. What is called a "lie" may also be this thing called a "mistake," and yes people DO make them. 3. Watching Conan O'Brien regularly is, IMHO, nothing to brag about. That's my two cents, sorry, no refunds. Patrick, or "How I Learned to Stop Complaining (or did I?) and Love TMBG" (Mr. Me, or at least a reasonable facsimile) "Love is something banks invented to make you overdraw."--Arnold Rimmer ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 6 Aug 97 23:11 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: A Solution for Omlettes (OMLTs) > We should have an Annual OMLT. Every year there will be a new >design, a new slogan, and (if needed) a new person in charge I think this sounds like a fantabulous idea! I'd gladly shell out the dough for a neat new t-shirt every year to show off my TMBG internet connections. :) You're brilliant, honeychile! Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33E977B4.3F75@tmbg.org> Date: Thu, 07 Aug 1997 00:22:29 -0700 From: Ruprecht Organization: Representatives of the People of Here Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Embedding Those Suckers. The Cowans wrote: > > Now this isn't related to TMBG, until I use it on my > in-the-process-of-being-made website, but does anyone know ho to embed > sounds, especially midi files on a page? Any help would be appreciated. As featured in my very own tmbg website, the following tags will ensure that your sound is embedded on the three major browsers (though I doubt whether mozilla is really "major"): Now, the loop options are optional and I don't particularly recommend their use as it can be annoying as hel-ck. You also don't have to use midi, au's and wav's seem to work just as well, but Midi's are smaller... If you'd like to see these tags in action check them (and my new animated tmbg gif) totally out at A World That Swings, http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/6476/ -- I don't know what that woman needs, but I'd love to give it to her. --"Choose Me" \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ http://freshnet.de/user/ruprecht/ * Now in FreshNet Vision * ------------------------------ Message-ID: <4nuJ2Ha00WB=0Svps0@andrew.cmu.edu> Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 00:35:31 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: What Happened to Superfueled Freaksicle. Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 6-Aug-97 Re: TMBG: What Happened to .. by JOda: Master of Yedi@jun > THen THe Earlier Years. See, SF was supposed to have all the singles and > b-sides/ep's. However, i think while they were doing that they were like actually, SF was going to be the Elektra b-sides, remixes, and, as rumor had it, some live recordings (most likely from Live in NY). If they keep putting it off, it'll become a tribute to They Might Be Giants 50 years from now... :) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199708070442.VAA28324@f42.hotmail.com> From: "Philbert Turtle" Subject: Re: TMBG: genre..from johns mouth Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 21:42:23 PDT >don;t post on this subject nay more unless you have the quotage >material from one of the johns... it's old and your personal opinions >are all blending together... Well, I think I will post... What's wrong with personal opinion? I thought the mailing list was a way people could share information and opinions on TMBG and their music. Besides, if it weren't for opinions, we wouldn't have opinions on opinions, or opinions on the opinions on opinions. Patrick, or "How I Learned to Stop Complaining and Love TMBG" (Mr. Me, or at least a reasonable facsimile) "I was always shy around women. Of course, now they call that stalking. But I was shy."--Bill Braudis ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19970807050209.13532.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Philbert Turtle" Subject: Re: TMBG: Conan Loves Lincoln Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 22:02:08 PDT >1. I happen to run a few webSITES and have been doing so for some >time, and if "some guy" wants to make a grocery list webpage, well, >he's the one who looks bad. Why? Because YOU don't find it interesting? Do you seriously think you're so important that everyone is trying to please you? >2. It most certainly was a lie and not a mistake. It was quite >obviously recorded from the previous night's episode as a ruse to get >people to look at his underviewed webpage. This is what makes me >angry. Some people (such as myself) work hard to make actual >content, and get a little "word of mouth" type advertizing going for >their page. >This guy walks along and pulls this shit and expects us all to buy >it. And you know it was a lie? Did he tell you? Did he say, "Yes, Ruprecht, that is a lie, sorry?" If he did, my apologies. If he didn't, stop making assumptions and start sticking to facts. >3. Screw off man, just because you have no taste in tv doesn't mean >other people aren't allowed to. I do believe it's opinion, not taste, that is the matter here. "IMHO" does not mean "In My Bad Taste." >I suppose next you'll be insulting Talk Soup, Seinfeld and The >Simpsons, grabbing your crotch and telling me how much you like the >Spice Girls' new video. Look, I don't know why you're getting so personal here. All I did was state my feelings about your post, not you. By the way, I don't watch Talk Soup, I love Seinfeld and the Simpsons, and despise the Spice Girls. Does that clear things up? P.S. My apologies to the "some guy" who is one of the subjects of this post. I did not mean to speak as if you weren't there. Patrick, or "How I Should Be Allowed to Think and Love TMBG" (Mr. Me, or at least a reasonable facsimile) "Ay, no es bueno!"--The Bee Guy ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-218 ******************************