Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-220 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 220 Saturday, 9 August 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: Mega Fun Trivia Questions Re: TMBG: Conan Loves Lincoln Re: Fwd: TMBG: I can UMLT if i wanna!!!! Re: TMBG: tmbg: re: spider interp Re: TMBG: Mega Fun Trivia Questions! Re: TMBG: Mega Fun Trivia Questions! TMBG: Re: Serious songs and Converse TMBG: Re: TMBG & OTIS BALL & THE CHAINS Re: TMBG: Serious Songs? Re: TMBG: tmbg: re: spider interp Re: TMBG: Serious Songs? Re: TMBG: Mega fun trivia questions! Bar/None, Restless & etc. (was re: TMBG: Then Question) TMBG: REstless... writing list on random body parts Re: TMBG: REstless... writing list on random body parts Re: TMBG: tmbg: re: spider interp Re: TMBG: Superfueled? TMBG: I thought I.....(sniff)...I thought I was alone..... Re: TMBG: Superfueled? TMBG: Re: Hot Topic TMBG: S/T Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG & OTIS BALL & THE CHAINS TMBG: Mike Re: TMBG: Flyers and tapes. Re: TMBG: Mike Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <33EABA75.133AD279@garnet.acns.fsu.edu> Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 02:19:33 -0400 From: Emmanuel Donio Subject: TMBG: Re: Mega Fun Trivia Questions Bongo wrote: >Here's a few trivia questions I came up with. The first one to get them >right wins ... .... um .. nothing but I'll be impressed. > >1) Name a band that has an album with a whole bunch of very short >tracks on it. One of the the songs on this album is called >"Fingertips". > >2) Who has an album with a song titled "Number Three" which happens to >be the third track on the album. > > AND...the answer/s I'm looking for is *NOT* They Might Be >Giants. Alright, I give up. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19970808063911.21906.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Philbert Turtle" Subject: Re: TMBG: Conan Loves Lincoln Date: Thu, 07 Aug 1997 23:39:11 PDT >But the very point of this list is to raise somewhat interesting >topics and maybe add new insights to those. I agree with you here, Ruprecht, and now I seem to remember a person who did not follow these guidelines: me. Yes, my post on Ruprecht's post was, well, pointless. He was merely pointing out that the now infamous Conan sound on the "annoyingly long website" was indeed not about Lincoln the album but about Lincoln the president, who I do believe would worship TMBG if he were alive today. He'd also need a really good makeup artist, but that's beside the point. My point is that, in posting my post that I posted about his post, I clearly disobeyed the unofficial laws of the mailing list, which I recall making a post about in response to another post a few posts ago. What I'm saying is: My post was pointless, and should not have been directed to the list, but instead directly to Ruprecht's mailbox, and now I feel really bad, because I've been caught pulling an Edwin Von Hypocrite (who's sig is that, anyway?) and I hate hypocrism, so in effect I hate myself. In short: Sorry. I screwed up. To coin a phrase, "whoops." I think it's about time I gorged myself on Cheez Ballz, as I always do whenever I screw up, feel depressed, happy, or am just generally hungry. P.S. This is by no means a cry for people to take pity on me, so don't think for a second I'm a well-adjusted human being. That's actually illegal in 42 states. Patrick, or "How I Learned to Stop Complaining and Love TMBG" (Mr. Me, or at least a reasonable facsimile) "See as Janeane blends into the Geo Metro."--Janeane Garofalo ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19970808064646.26010.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Philbert Turtle" Subject: Re: Fwd: TMBG: I can UMLT if i wanna!!!! Date: Thu, 07 Aug 1997 23:46:46 PDT >Love, people. No more of this negativity...... We are all cooler than >everybody else since we listen to TMBG, so act like it!!! >C'MON!!!!!!! I wanna feel the love on this list!!! Is that REALLY so >much to ask for??? I'd like to see some peace on here too, but the thing is, the whole OMLT vs. UMLT is turning into a Oasis vs. Blur, Trojan vs. Sheik, Dodgers vs. Giants deal: both sides are adamant about their position, despite both systems' shortcomings (which have been pointed out time and time again),and are willing to fight to the death to see their side win. That's the way I see it, anyway. Maybe it's just my independent nature, or maybe I've been watching The History Channel too much. Patrick, or "How I Learned to Stop Complaining and Love TMBG" (Mr. Me, or at least a reasonable facsimile) "Put a shirt on, you're scaring the children. And put some pants on, you're scaring the cat."--Jeffrey Ross ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33EAF291.6FC1@tmbg.org> Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 03:18:57 -0700 From: Ruprecht Organization: Representatives of the People of Here Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg: re: spider interp Dave Simpson wrote: > So with that I issue a challenge to all of you out there. Let's see how long we > all can remain lurkers without posting "irrelavent" (read: any) messages to the > list. Sort of like the Quiet Game, only with e-mail. Oh, and you visionaries > mentioned above need not participate, since you're obviously not part of the > problem. Mmmmmmmmmmm... needs more sarcasm... it was rather fortunate that Dave here posed his challenge after posting his five vaguely relevent posts... but no need to go there... Oh, d'oh, I lost the Quiet Game! [1] -- I don't know what that woman needs, but I'd love to give it to her. --"Choose Me" \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ http://freshnet.de/user/ruprecht/ * Now in FreshNet Vision * [1] Many readers will note a blatant disregard in this message for anything I have ever said, but I don't care, this is a "lighten spirits" kind of message, suck on that. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 03:58:44 -0400 Message-Id: <199708080758.DAA18051@MNSi.Net> From: John DeMarco Subject: Re: TMBG: Mega Fun Trivia Questions! >1) Name a band that has an album with a whole bunch of very short >tracks on it. One of the the songs on this album is called >"Fingertips". > >2) Who has an album with a song titled "Number Three" which happens to >be the third track on the album. > The answer to the first one would be The Residents The answer to the second would be beyond my knowledge ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.16.19970806101817.321fb3ca@mail.one.net> Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 10:18:17 From: Chris Combs Subject: Re: TMBG: Mega Fun Trivia Questions! > 1) Name a band that has an album with a whole bunch of very short > tracks on it. One of the the songs on this album is called > "Fingertips". That would be The Residents' Commerical Album. 40 one-minute jingles with the intent to expose popular radio for what it really is. > 2) Who has an album with a song titled "Number Three" which happens to > be the third track on the album. That's Ben Harper, on his album "The Will To Live." "Too easy!" I scream. "Bring on the really tough questions! -Chris Combs aka Pointless Trivia Champion ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199708081436.JAA02001@mail1.nitco.com> From: "The Cowans" Subject: TMBG: Re: Serious songs and Converse Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 09:26:01 -0500 Uh, none of the lines really apply. I think the first time I heard it I thought it was about them finding someone named Alice's diary and reading it and not understanding it, but then Alice either died or commited suicide. Then I read the lyrics and realized it was Alice Cooper. Oh well, actually my mom told me all of the songs named at the end were Alice Cooper songs. I only recognized a few. Also, on this whole Chucks/Converse thing, and since I feel like it, I have a pair of black hi-tops, green low-tops, multi-colored( they are green, maroon and blue) hi-tops, and then brown one-stars. Blink My website http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/5437 It's far from being finished but thanks to those who tlod me how to do stuff and who gave me addresses for midis. ---------- > From: Dave Simpson > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: Re: TMBG: Serious Songs? > Date: Friday, August 08, 1997 12:31 AM > > At 10:24 AM 8/5/97 -0700, you wrote: > > I always thought it was Alice Cooper. "The words that Alice > >said" being that the main character, in this case, is an Alice fan (hence > >the listing of Cooper albums at the end). > I had originally thought it was the Alice in Wonderland. Mainly because that > was the only Alice I knew of. And who knows, mabye it is. Does anyone know > "Alice in Wonderland" or "Through the Looking Glass" well enough to quote > any lines that might prove this? No? Didn't think so. > > Dave Simpson > > LotharCo > Rich, Rare, and Remarkably Smooth > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199708081428.KAA22617@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 10:27:35 EDT From: "Brett Ballantini" Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG & OTIS BALL & THE CHAINS Andrew was "surprised to find a new face in the crowd: Otis Ball & The Chains? >>The next thing I do is look at the notes for this odd appearance on a TMBG >>search... "a new thing?" I wonder. Andrew, you've brought up one of my very favorite discs. I believe the story goes that Otis Ball sent a demo to They Might Be Giants, who then "discovered" Otis and got him a deal with Bar None. The Johns are background vocalists on "Walk on Water". I saw him play in his hometown of DeKalb, at NIU, on the heels of this release. He played a great show, and the encore consisted of a "new wave medley" that consisted of audience members running up to Otis and requesting a song like "The Tide is High," him sharing the selection with the band, and then transitioning to that song and awaiting the next. His voice is different, but no more so than folks would consider Linnell's as such. I'm sure this disc isn't for everybody, but it is definitely in the Giants' vein. Lots of cute wordplay, perhaps even too cute, a cross between the simplicity of Devo and complexity of TMBG. "Charles Manson's Birthday," for its sheer novelty appeal, got Billboard 100 attention. I highly recommend this disc. Very catchy. As far as I know, this is Otis's only release, and he currently works at a record store in Hoboken. If anyone knows any more than that, please let the list, or me, know. Peace, Brett King of the Useless Trivia: Otis's drummer, Alan Bezozi, played with the Waitresses, and I believe wrote their biggest song, "I Know What Boys Like". ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 10:44:02 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: From: Trippy Subject: Re: TMBG: Serious Songs? At 05:31 -0000 8/8/97, Dave Simpson wrote: >At 10:24 AM 8/5/97 -0700, you wrote: >> I always thought it was Alice Cooper. "The words that Alice >>said" being that the main character, in this case, is an Alice fan (hence >>the listing of Cooper albums at the end). >I had originally thought it was the Alice in Wonderland. Mainly because that >was the only Alice I knew of. And who knows, mabye it is. Does anyone know >"Alice in Wonderland" or "Through the Looking Glass" well enough to quote >any lines that might prove this? No? Didn't think so. > the song is defintely referring to Alice Cooper, most of the lyrics in the song are Alice Cooper album titles or song titles.... Allice Cooper album titles in the song... Welcome to My Nightmare Muscle of Love School's Out Billion Dollar Babies Alice Cooper song titles in the song... No More Mister Nice Guy I Love the Dead Dead Babies Raped and Freezin You Drive Me Nervous Elected Generation Landside Under My Wheels Only Women Bleed trippy ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 10:55:49 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: From: Trippy Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg: re: spider interp At 05:31 -0000 8/8/97, Dave Simpson wrote: > ... big sarcastic tirade edited for length ... > >So with that I issue a challenge to all of you out there. Let's see how >long we >all can remain lurkers without posting "irrelavent" (read: any) messages >to the >list. Sort of like the Quiet Game, only with e-mail. Oh, and you >visionaries >mentioned above need not participate, since you're obviously not part of the >problem. > i can see how you wanted to justify those four useless posts concerning shoes and Space Ghost but don't you think you went a little overboard... i love the sarcasm but since i'm probably one of the people your complaining about i'll pretend you weren't being sarcastic :P > What about banning signatures? If it's not the sender's >name, then I don't want to read it. i never even thought of that, good point, down with signatures... trippY ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 11:52:24 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Serious Songs? Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 8-Aug-97 Re: TMBG: Serious Songs? by Trippy@cornell.edu > the song is defintely referring to Alice Cooper, most of the lyrics in the > song are Alice Cooper album titles or song titles.... especially since at numerous concerts, and in the Q&A section of the official web site, Linnell has stated that the song is about Alice Cooper... or more about a kid listening to his songs and asing "why must I be sad?" ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 12:55:31 -0400 (EDT) From: The Demonic Kangaroo Subject: Re: TMBG: Mega fun trivia questions! Message-ID: 1) Name a band that has an album with a whole bunch of very short tracks on it. One of the the songs on this album is called "Fingertips". I know Stevie Wonder has a song called Fingertips, but hes not exactly a group, is he. -Mike http://www.cybercomm.net/~tdk/tmbg.html botlegs! sounds! autographs! fun! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33EB533D.7FBD@dnai.com> Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 10:14:54 -0700 From: Bo Orloff Organization: Mr. Z's House of Discount Wub-Fur 'n' Stuff Subject: Bar/None, Restless & etc. (was re: TMBG: Then Question) petery7@ozemail.com.au wrote: > I was wondering if the company that released all the pre-Elektra > TMBG stuff is the same that Then was released on? I think they had > different names! To which YeahSpoon@aol.com responded: > I can tell you this... Most TMBG recordings made pre- the Elektra > deal bear the Bar-None label. I beleive that this is a subsidiary > (or was) of Restless Records. > Then:TEY is released on the Restless label. Other than their self-released 1985 "demo" cassette album and the flexi-disc single ("Everything Right Is Wrong Again" b/w "You'll Miss Me"), all the Giants' pre-Elektra records were originally released in the U.S. on Bar/None Records, which was (and is) a Hoboken, NJ-based independent label. Largely on the strength of the college radio and MTV success of "Don't Let's Start" Bar/None entered into a exclusive distribution deal with the (much larger) L.A.-based independent label, Restless. Bar/None's distribution deal with Restless ran out some years ago (maybe around 1992?) and as a result of the legal and financial negotiations surrounding the dissolution of that deal U.S. rights to the Giants early material eneded up with Restless (although Bar/None retained a small financial interest for a few more years). More recently all U.S. rights to this material reverted to the Giants themselves, who then re-licensed it to Restless. Outside the U.S. (or maybe it's all of North America, I forget), WEA (an arm of Time-Warner) owns all the rights to the early stuff, having purchased them in 1990 during a brief burst of TMBG enthusiasm after "Birdhouse" went to #6 in the U.K. BTW, Bar/None has a web site (designed by yours truly) at: -- Bo Orloff ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 11:43:18 -0600 Subject: TMBG: REstless... writing list on random body parts Message-ID: <19970808.114610.9462.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) >I can tell you this... Most TMBG recordings made pre- the Elektra deal bear >the Bar-None label. I beleive that this is a subsidiary (or was) of Restless >Records. >Then:TEY is released on the Restless label. whoa whoa, i thought restless was a distributing company... >When we can simply write "LIST" on our foreheads in large, easy-to-read >letters!!!!!!!! Or, if ya wanna get fancy, on prosthetic foreheads!!!!! PLEASE, let's not start THIS thread again... i dont want to hear about how we shoud write LIST on disks and tape them all over ourselves again... "Moths beat on the windowpane, telling me I'm not the same. Sounds of nothing, sounds of fear, speak to me when no one's here" ---TMBG love, JOrdaN ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 13:56:37 -0400 (EDT) From: Elitza Subject: Re: TMBG: REstless... writing list on random body parts Message-ID: > PLEASE, let's not start THIS thread again... i dont want to hear about > how we shoud write LIST on disks and tape them all over ourselves > again... > hehehehehe....How 'bout we all go to concerts *au natural* with "LIST" written on our bare bodies? Or maybe spraypaint ourselves rainbow-colors over our clothes? can you tell..it's been done. -Elitza ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199708081807.LAA14874@f32.hotmail.com> From: "Philbert Turtle" Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg: re: spider interp Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 11:07:03 PDT >What about banning signatures? If it's not the sender's >name, then I don't want to read it. Hey, I like signatures. I think it's a good way for people to express themeselves in their own unique way. Besides, if you don't like them, here's a little tip: Don't read them. A little turn of the head, and you don't see those nasty, awful sigs. Patrick, or "How I Learned to Stop Complaining and Love TMBG" (Mr. Me, or at least a reasonable facsimile) "Wind chimes are for stupid people so they know when there's a breeze."--Steven Wright ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 16:55:38 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Superfueled? Message-ID: <19970808.165538.3558.0.tmbg.jneill@juno.com> From: tmbg.jneill@juno.com (jenny e neill) On Thu, 07 Aug 1997 20:08:46 -0700 Nicole the Wonder Nerd writes: >You betcha, gumdrop. The Elektra-era singles have yet to be >anthologized, >and most are out of print. TMBG have quite a few songs (James K. Polk >(original), Ant, Stormy Pinkness, Cabbagetown, Siftin', Welcome to the >Jungle, I Blame You, Moving To The Sun, Why Does The Sun Shine?, >Jessica, >Whirlpool, She Was A Hotel Detective, Ondine, Mrs. Train) that are >more or >less unavailable right now and will probably remain so until the >release of >SF. All these songs are quite good, and some are excellent. I was in the Dayton mall at a store called Hot Topic (a very cool place to shop!) and I got a 45rpm of Why Does The Sun Shine with Jessica on the other side. I was so excited to find it, but I haven't been able to find any more................. jenny ------------------------------ From: "Augie-Wan" Subject: TMBG: I thought I.....(sniff)...I thought I was alone..... Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 16:04:19 -0500 Message-Id: <21052367100610@dancingink.com> Hi all, This is truly a great day in the life of AugieWan. I just got Digest #3-219 (my first!!). I hope you are all as cool as I would imagine TMBG fans would be. You see, I am trapped in another dimension. No.. REALLY !! They call it Michiana. At least that's what all the hillbillies around here call the area of southern Michigan and northern Indiana. It IS another world. Amish....they're scary people. But back to the Johns. I have been a big fan for years and went to the only two concerts that I knew of in the close area from 1987-present. But they were the total of my musical being. I have a few friends that dig the Giants but I've never talked with fans outside my own small ring of friends. I've searched the net looking for good TMBG sites in hopes of finding one that has "wave" or other sound files of the John's individual efforts on "Hello" or any other rare and exiting little ditties that I've never heard. I bought the first year of the Hello recordings because I just HAD to have the 1985 "They Might Be Giants" tape with the yellow cover. But of coarse, as soon as I cancel (no money, man!) they started doing solo stuff. AAHHH! From what I have seen, the only songs that I have that others don't have posted are 3 different re-mixes of "The Guitar" that I got on an import vinyl EP, and a really great re-mix of "Your Racist Friend" from a radio station only demo. I would be happy to post these on my "not quite ready to open" web page. I would also be eternally grateful if someone could supply me with the stuff I'm looking for or point me in the right direction. Also, (sorry this is so long) I saw some posts about a shirt for the members here. It seems to be up in the air ....design ....one/multiple ...who's doing it? I don't want to be presumptuous but a friend and I are building an entertainment based - informative - just plain cool- site and we just printed up some shirts for it. The full site isn't accessible yet but you can see the drawing for the shirt at http://www.thespeakeasy.com . ANYWAY....what I was getting at is that we can get shirts printed for dirt cheap, at least for this area. I can find out how much it would cost and if need be, I would be HONORED to do some artwork for it. This is just an offer, if this project is already farther along than I understand it to be then nevermind. But I do want to order one if they're ready to go, so how much $$ and WHO do I contact??? Well this is already longer than any posts I saw on the Digest so I will let you read somebody else's post now. AugieWan augiewan@dancingink.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 17:10:36 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: From: Trippy Subject: Re: TMBG: Superfueled? At 20:55 -0000 8/8/97, jenny e neill wrote: >I was in the Dayton mall at a store called Hot Topic (a very cool place >to shop!) and I got a 45rpm of Why Does The Sun Shine with Jessica on the >other side. I was so excited to find it, but I haven't been able to find >any more................. that's funny, i was at a Hot Topic in a mall near Philly and they were playing TMBG, so me and my friends started talking to the people working there and they told us about a show that night, that we hadn't heard about previously, so we went to the show and of course it was great... there must be some hidden connection between TMBG and Hot Topic... or not trippy ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970808214022.0068e290@uc.campus.mci.net> Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 17:40:22 -0400 From: Kelley Kent Subject: TMBG: Re: Hot Topic >that's funny, i was at a Hot Topic in a mall near Philly and they were >playing TMBG, so me and my friends started talking to the people working >there and they told us about a show that night, that we hadn't heard about >previously, so we went to the show and of course it was great... Gee, you must tell the rest of us that feeling you get of actually going into a record store where the sales people appreciate TMBG. Is it better than chocolate? Mmmmmm, chocolate ..... seriously, I have NEVER had a sales person NOT give me the 'ol "glazed eyes" look when I utter TMBG to them. :( Oh well. Kelley Kent (kkent@uc.campus.mci.net) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "It's not a drug trip so you feel a bit insulted." - John Linnell ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: S/T Message-ID: <19970808.193212.4631.1.aviso@juno.com> From: aviso@juno.com (Justin T McElroy) Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 19:43:57 EDT This afternoon I was at Music Blvd. a Internet CD retailer. Anyway I looked up TMBG (of course) and under the Import section they had an import labled S/T which I assume stands for self titled. What really caught my eye is that it was released July 7. I don't know if this foriegn import has any previously unreleased tracks or not. It was around $15. Can anyone provide me with more info on this album? If you are interested in buying it the address is www.musicblvd.com. They also have the expanded John Henry with the live tracks. Justin McElroy aviso@juno.com Insert your own favorite TMBG line here. ------------------------------ From: YeahSpoon@aol.com Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 21:47:41 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970808214740_1814735845@emout11.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG & OTIS BALL & THE CHAINS Thanks for the background... I'll look for it if it is worth purchasing as you say. I noticed the Alan Bezozi connection... he drummed a little on Flood. And I think Al Houghton is a TMBG freind but i'm not sure. Do you know of any other affiliations or little brother types that have looked to TMBG for the free ride to showbiz like Otis Ball? Also, what store in Hoboken does he work at? ~Andrew ------------------------------ From: tmbgdhutch@juno.com Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 01:16:23 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Mike Message-ID: <19970809.011626.3750.0.tmbgdhutch@juno.com> I hope Mike Leffel is o.k. I felt really bad for him. ... uuh... Yeah... Oh yeah, I got 45 blank messages, from NO ONE. No, only one or two had writing, but there aren't any characters like that on my computer! *panic* UUh!!! Is it a VIRUS? ... AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Time to McAffe-ize my computer. Y'all do it too. Could be another E-mail virus. ------------------------------ From: Dekadetia@aol.com Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 01:38:05 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970809013804_1795087788@emout07.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Flyers and tapes. In a message dated 97-08-04 02:42:03 EDT, petery7@ozemail.com.au (Peter Young) writes: << THE CHIPS ARE READY: Pete on drums & vox, Craig on guitar, Stu on bass, James on keyboards, Scott on box. Rocking into your ass and cunt soon! >> I hope that words so dirty NEVER come near my virgin eyes again. My god, what has this world come to! ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 00:53:24 -0500 (CDT) From: "Jon Misc." Subject: Re: TMBG: Mike Message-ID: On Sat, 9 Aug 1997 tmbgdhutch@juno.com wrote: > Could be another E-mail virus. That's not very likely. Viruses can't be spread through e-mail the way they're spread through other files. A virus needs a host program (a binary file). E-mail is text. The only way you could send a virus through e-mail is by attaching it. It would have to be un-attached to be ran. Doing that would make it noticeable, so it's not a good idea. I hope that was clear enough description. Of course the message I'm replying to could have had sarcasm that I didn't notice for some reason. If that's the case, then ignore this e-mail and accept my apology for wasting your time. Ciao. Jonnie Coffman (Jon Misc.) ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-220 ******************************