Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-222 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 222 Monday, 11 August 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Mega Fun TRIVIA ANSWERS TMBG: Re: Cool Lyrical Connection TMBG: Bootleg List.... *GROWL* RE: TMBG: Otis Ball & The Chains NON-TMBG: A word about the OMLT Re: TMBG: KitKat and Live in NYC stuff TMBG: Broken Mono Puff Sounds TMBG: 3rd rock TMBG: TMBG on MTV Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <3.0.3.16.19970810050609.2157c3ba@mail.one.net> Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 05:06:09 From: Chris Combs Subject: Re: TMBG: Mega Fun TRIVIA ANSWERS > Chris Combs was the only one to get both questions correct > (and gets bonus points for having very complete answers.)... > ...Well, that's all we have time for on *Wheel of They*! Tune in next > week when I'll try stump Chris Combs! *pauses to allow bouts of riotous applause to quiet down* Thank you, thank you thank you. I would just like to say that it is an honour to be THE GREATEST IN THE WORLD and I plan on continuing this tradition. And do count yourselves lucky to have me as Trivia God, because most people in this position are not humble at all. Some are downright self-centered and egotistical. Seriously though, I'd like to thank Bongo for giving some truly good questions. They were very well constructed and selected, and it was really by chance that I was able to answer both of them (well, not the first one - I'd look pretty silly if I didn't answer the Residents question). But now I am sure that Bongo knows what kind of question will stump me: something along the lines of "What is the top news story today?" or "What is the song most often played on the radio today?" or "Name Nirvana's biggest hit." So please, if you want me to remain the trivia champ, ask questions that "normal" people shouldn't know, like N. Senada's shoe size. Thank you. ========================================================== Chris Combs a.k.a. Piglet Goatboy formerly@assassinate -={MPFT}=- -={CAS}=- -={OINK!}=- http://goatboy.home.ml.org/ ========================================================== ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 22:44:06 -0700 Subject: TMBG: Re: Cool Lyrical Connection Message-ID: <19970810.093331.9310.0.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) I got a good one: Snowball: "side effect or drug trip?..." Nightgown "Drug trip, it's not a drug trip..." Josh Nielsen jnielsen69@juno.com http://www.angelfire.com/or/jnielsen/index.html ICQ #1337243 ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 11:24:52 -0600 Subject: TMBG: Bootleg List.... *GROWL* Message-ID: <19970810.112500.4430.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) >Here is a list of bootlegs that I have. If interested in trading, E-mail me. >Also, I can transfer Videos into audio if you would like. THIS IS WHAT I WAS SAYING!!! i don't care if you sit there and say "hey, i got my bootlegs web page updated, you should go check it out..." in that situation we have the choice of whether or not we want to go look at it... however when you have a situation like this where some freek lists every friggin bootleg they have, it gets a little annoying for us digesters who then end up having to read it and waste our time scrolling through it. i know i'm sounding like a bisnitch but we've already had this discussion several times... anyways, if eveyrone went off and listed every bootleg they had it would get slightly old (as just reading one persons listing did) so please, have a little respect and stop with the listing of what you have. "Moths beat on the windowpane, telling me I'm not the same. Sounds of nothing, sounds of fear, speak to me when no one's here" ---TMBG love, JOrdaN ------------------------------ From: Madcup1@aol.com Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 14:19:15 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970810141914_-935810652@emout12.mail.aol.com> Subject: RE: TMBG: Otis Ball & The Chains Hey, I live in Dekalb, a few blocks from NIU, how come I never heard about this?? -Jeff ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970810183926.006873c0@mailhost2.planet.net> Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 18:39:26 -0400 From: Perry lee Subject: NON-TMBG: A word about the OMLT For all the newbies, many have already said that you can order a shirt later on, through Christy. This is an issue of patience, not one of need. The OMLT was concieved as a method of identification at concerts, not a status symbol or a showcase of screenprinting prowess. We should have only ONE OMLT for the list, not a thousand different ones. Keep on making your own custom ones, but we only have one offical one. Let's keep it that way for Christy's and her Shoe's sanity. She already said we could have them reprinted for a cheaper price later on. For those that ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NEED ONE NOW, well, take a plain white tshirt, and scrawl "OMLT" on the chest. There you go. Stop whining. If this message seems grating, well it's not. Sorry. Want a candybar? BTW, i used to own a pair of black low top chucks for mountain biking. They're infested with a strange fungus now, and the toe is ripped off and fixed with ducktape. Oh well. ********************************** A world screams kiss me son of god email: mlee@planet.net ICQ: 1840333 web: www.planet.net\pmlee ********************************** ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33EE7224.3CAE@ix.netcom.com> Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 19:00:04 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: TMBG: KitKat and Live in NYC stuff EEERRR!!! I hate it when people steal from the radio station!!!! They always take the good stuff, too. Never "Zamphir, Master of the Pan Flute." ALways, always Live in NY or Frank Black's "Cult of Ray." Evil demon spawns!!! Well, past that, I'd just like to say that if you would like a copy of KitKat, let me know. I can burn it onto Cd when I get back to school if you'd like. But you must guard it with your life.... Amanda ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 19:18:30 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970810192614.0ae7168a@postoffice.yorku.ca> From: "The Famous Mr. Klaw" Subject: TMBG: Broken Mono Puff Sounds Hi My apologies about the broken sounds on the Mono Puff page. They have been fixed and now all the sounds are available for download. Sorry for any inconvenience. Alex ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 19:09:42 -0600 Subject: TMBG: 3rd rock Message-ID: <19970810.190947.3702.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) tonight on 3rd rock from the sun (sorry i can't be more specific with names... i've never seen the show before) some dude (old, slightly bald, with grey hair) is picking a name for his secret santa and goes through the bucket reading them all "FLANSBURGH, chilton (or something like that), LINNELL...." woohoo!! i think i need to watch this show more often! oh yeah, sorry if that has already been mentioned but a) i'm a digester now-a-days and b) i'm mountain time... "Moths beat on the windowpane, telling me I'm not the same. Sounds of nothing, sounds of fear, speak to me when no one's here" ---TMBG love, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970811054243.00718f2c@fyi.net> Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 01:42:43 -0400 From: Josh Subject: TMBG: TMBG on MTV At about 1:36 am on 120 min. the TMBG leader into 120 min. was shown. The little thing where they say "This is John Linnell, and John Flansburgh...we're they might be giants...and this is 120 min." I wish I had taped it...altho it is on the video bootleg... Josh ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-222 ******************************