Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-223 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 223 Tuesday, 12 August 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG:They Got Lost NONTMBG: Dennis Clark email me Re: TMBG: I can UMLT if i wanna!!!! TMBG: OMLP TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-222 Re: TMBG: Bootleg List.... *GROWL* TMBG: TOUR DATES!!!!!!! TMBG: Sarah sarah sarah Sort-a TMBG: Need 2.5 and IPCD info (sorry) Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 08:30:22 -0400 (EDT) From: Jonathan Chaffer Subject: Re: TMBG:They Got Lost Message-ID: On Sat, 9 Aug 1997, Justin T McElroy wrote: > I just finished downloading "They Got Lost" the moving story of John and > understand all the words. Does anyone know where I could get the lyrics > for this song? The lyrics of this song, just as those of most unreleased TMBG songs, are available at www.tmbg.org in the Master Sound Index. On a related note, I just obtained a copy of Director 6, so I'm going to play with some of the new Shockwave niceties. If anyone has any ideas for games or toys for the Giant Arcade, feel free to email your suggestions to me. -- ,, Jonathan (JonBob) Chaffer Member DNRC MSTie #16490 TMBG #25267 ->QQ<- Student, University of Michigan http://www.tmbg.org/~jchaffer/ _||_ "Anything ragged or rotten or rusty-- yes, I love trash." --Oscar ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 10:19:06 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970811101857_1579206874@emout01.mail.aol.com> Subject: NONTMBG: Dennis Clark email me that's all Joel (I'm back) ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: I can UMLT if i wanna!!!! Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 10:02:11 -0800 Message-Id: 10474779.1.12079@server1.onmedia.com From: "Lani O." Jim wrote on Thursday August 7, 1997 at 10:35pm: >> When we can simply write "LIST" on our foreheads in large, easy-to-read >> letters!!!!!!!! Or, if ya wanna get fancy, on prosthetic foreheads!!!!! >But . . . well, what if some misguided soul saw us with the word >"LIST" on our foreheads and took it upon themselves to think this is >just something we did to be "cool", and do it themselves? Soon it >may become a weird kind of TMBG concert tradition that will weird out >the Johns about us fans even more they they already are! Or here's an even BETTER idea! Let's actually tattoo LIST across our foreheads: We'll ALWAYS be recognizable, we wouldn't have to bother writing it on for EVERY concert, and we would show our dedication as REAL listies. None of those other fans will copy us, because writing on your head is one thing when you don't know what it means, but tattooing is a whole other thing. Or something. As for the Johns' reactions, I can't be held responsible. It's just a suggestion. Sorry for the stupid post. I don't know what's gotten into me. Out! Out, I say! -Lani O:) a.butterfly@bigfoot.com How many licks does it take to get to the center of the universe? * ------------------------------------------------------ | Where do you want to get your Email today? | http://www.goplay.com/email/1000000 - it's FREE! ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: OMLP Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 10:26:32 -0800 Message-Id: 10474970.3.12727@server1.onmedia.com From: "Lani O." Hi again. I just gotta say, I love the idea of a mailing list pin. Yes, I still want a shirt, but pins would be easy to deal with. They're cheaper and you wouldn't have to deal with sizes, pre-orders, etc. A bunch could be made at once, and newbies could just send a couple of bucks to the person-in-charge-of-pins (PICOP) whenever they joined the list. Anyone else think this is a good idea, or am I just pointlessly adding fuel to the raging O/UMLT fire? Ah, anyway. Carry on. -Lani O:) a.butterfly@bigfoot.com How many licks does it take to get to the center of the universe? * ------------------------------------------------------ | Keeping your email PRIVATE is our business. | http://www.goplay.com/email/1000002 - it's FREE! ------------------------------ From: Christi587@aol.com Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 15:34:30 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970811153157_1645421386@emout03.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-222 In a message dated 8/11/97 6:07:04 AM, you wrote: >Subject: NON-TMBG: A word about the OMLT > >For all the newbies, many have already said that you can order a shirt >later on, through Christy. This is an issue of patience, not one of need. >The OMLT was concieved as a method of identification at concerts, not a >status symbol or a showcase of screenprinting prowess. We should have only >ONE OMLT for the list, not a thousand different ones. Keep on making your >own custom ones, but we only have one offical one. Let's keep it that way >for Christy's and her Shoe's sanity. She already said we could have them >reprinted for a cheaper price later on. Thank you, sir. Couldn't have said it better. One last time (the cab to the airport should be here any minute): If you have not already ordered an Official Mailing List T-shirt and want one, send **ALL** of the following info to Christi587@aol.com: Your name Your shipping address (make sure it's good for at least few weeks) Your e-mail address Number and **SIZE** of shirts wanted (choose S, M, L, Xl, or XXL... XXL costs a bit more) And that's it. I am leaving until the 21st. Feel free to mail me, but don't expect a response until then. Have a nice week and a half, you crazy kids! :) --Christy ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970811134914.006899b0@pop.ben2.ucla.edu> Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 13:49:14 -0700 From: J Chen Subject: Re: TMBG: Bootleg List.... *GROWL* from JOrdaN: >>Here is a list of bootlegs that I have. If interested in trading, E-mail >me. >>Also, I can transfer Videos into audio if you would like. > > >THIS IS WHAT I WAS SAYING!!! i don't care if you sit there and say "hey, >i got my bootlegs web page updated, you should go check it out..." >in that situation we have the choice of whether or not we want to go look >at it... however when you have a situation like this where some freek >lists every friggin bootleg they have, it gets a little annoying for us >digesters who then end up having to read it and waste our time scrolling >through it. Hey, no need to yell. I don't care much for the bootlegs, but the lists don't really bother me, and I'm a digester. After all, it doesn't really take that long to scroll through. If you don't let things annoy you, then they won't. Digression: The only thing, as a digester, that I have a problem with are posts that quote the entire length of a long post only to have two lines to reply about it. But even that is just a quick scroll-down to the next message. In the end, the few seconds didn't make that much difference. Well, the only thing I can add here then is a courteous request to please be considerate and not quote entire long messages, and be done with it. Stress less, --LVJeff ============================================== | from Jeffrey Chen, Datateam, UCLA-NPI-HRRP | | (310)794-6280, alecson@ucla.edu | ============================================== ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970811215117.0071379c@fyi.net> Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 17:51:17 -0400 From: Josh Subject: TMBG: TOUR DATES!!!!!!! Tour dates on tmbg.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! only 3 but....TOUR DATES!!!!!!!!!!1 Josh ------------------------------ From: cdanve10@scu.edu.au Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 08:37:10 +1000 Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970812085221.20d7c6dc@student.scu.edu.au> Subject: TMBG: Sarah sarah sarah sarah .... I know you said no offense but to generalize so blatantly doesn't cut it ... ( I though it was over the top to !!) .... Anyone could be crude ... It's really easy and the only reason more people aren't ( like yourself ) is people are afraid of offending others ...... fuck that ...... I assume that there are a lot of americans in this place and i don't care what your opinion of me is so screw you ..... we may get agressive but at least we try to answer questions inated of just screwing around the issue .... I for one don't like the conversation going nowhere for such a long time .....you guy's are like broken records' and just repeat stuff over and over again .... it's been so long since someone printed something interesting ??? So-man ...... Bored ------------------------------ From: Jordan1c@aol.com Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 19:42:02 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970811194033_496706622@emout02.mail.aol.com> Subject: Sort-a TMBG: Need 2.5 and IPCD info (sorry) Can the person that made and distributes the Video Bootleg 2.5 (in-store appearences) e-mail me how to get one...i accidently deleted the mail. Also, Evan, can you forward me the IPCD letter telling where to send the money...oopsie, deleted that too. Sorry everybody, back to your shoes and omlts and hockey matches and raging rivers! Jordan "Joke goes *poof* " ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-223 ******************************