Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-225 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 225 Thursday, 14 August 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Buzz Off... TMBG: Re: What is this? Re: TMBG: Viva Variety TMBG: NON-TMBG Story NON-TMBG: Story Re: TMBG:They Got Lost Re: TMBG: What Is This? TMBG: oh happy day! and mix tape of the mixes.. TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-224 Re: TMBG: Buzz Off... TMBG: Hatch Shell Re: TMBG: Viva Variety Re: TMBG: Viva Variety Re: TMBG: Viva Variety TMBG: mind forwarding this, Leo? :) (fwd) mind forwarding this, Leo? :) RE: TMBG: List Subjects TMBG: musicblvd. Re: TMBG: musicblvd. TMBG: k.k.komplainer NON-TMBG: subjects Re: TMBG: OMLT TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-224 TMBG: Bauhaus/TMBG Connection? TMBG: re: gutless listees? TMBG: Brass Section Re: TMBG: Bauhaus/TMBG Connection? Re: TMBG: Bauhaus/TMBG Connection? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <33F18E66.D73@tmbg.org> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 03:37:26 -0700 From: Ruprecht Organization: Representatives of the People of Here Subject: TMBG: Buzz Off... At any rate, this is a particularly bad way to start a paragraph, but do you see me caring? Not at all. Neither do I care that the particular subject of this letter has absolutely nothing to with tmbg or this list. Firstly, I'll say I have an answer to all our woes. Secondly, I will say quite assuredly that this is a complete lie. Thirdly, I will present the answer to all our woes: A rotating story line. Certainly it's been done before. Most assuredly it's been done to death. But my caring has not been a particular likelyhood at this, or any other particular time. Here's how I invision my half cocked plan of action. I (since I'm most likely a bad writer myself, presenting such an idea) will write the beginnings of a story. Tomorrow (that is to say Wednesday), someone, but only one, will take it upon his or herself to write another part of this story. This one person will know who they are. No one else will say anything, no one will complain, and it will add one, some-what interesting piece of mail to the list each day, and only one. Are you grasping the seeming elegance and complete lack of workability of this plan? That's the point. Now for the story. When it happened, I thought it was an earthquake. It wasn't. There was the first shock. Then the second. Then a third. It became apparent that they were all almost a minute apart. All of the same intensity. It was more of pulsation than a series of shocks. An hour or sixty pulses later, it all stopped. I waited for several minutes and then crawled out from under my bed, to the door and out of it. There was a complete silence everywhere. All the same it was a normal day. Nothing had been broken, the buildings were all where they were supposed to be. However, there was just no one, and nothing. No birds, no insects, not even rustling leaves. Then I screamed, but I didn't. No sound, not even air came out of my mouth. I tried to move the air, but it didn't. -- What I'd really hate is to have a nail banged into the back of my neck ... slowly. --"If...." \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ http://freshnet.de/user/ruprecht/ * Now in FreshNet Vision * ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 09:01:00 +0000 From: iles@boreas.leeds.icnet.uk (Mark Iles) Subject: TMBG: Re: What is this? > And yet another mystery; at www.musicblvd.com (which is a great place, >btw), there is a cd called John Henry that boldly states INCLUDES LIVE BONUS >TRACKS and it also was released by Warner...hmmm That's an Australian import which includes an extra CD with six of the songs from Live in NY: Twisting, Particle Man, The Statue Got Me High, Birdhouse and a couple of others I've forgotten. Mark ___________________________________________________________________________ Mark Iles, Tel: +44 (0113) 2064573 Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Fax: +44 (0113) 2340183 Genetic Epidemiology Laboratory, Ashley Wing, Email: iles@boreas.leeds.icnet.uk St James' University Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds, LS9 7TF U.K. ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________ Understand that you are another world in miniature and that in you there are the sun, the moon and also stars Laetitia Sadier ____________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199708130810.BAA28614@f39.hotmail.com> From: "Philbert Turtle" Subject: Re: TMBG: Viva Variety Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 01:10:17 PDT >When the other bands that arent TMBG play this show, theres always >silly looking dancing girls. Their appearance was sans dancing. >Thinking about this, I realized that John and John probably protested >this exploitation, and it made me proud. >Dunno, just bored. >Kevin Hmmm...I was proud as well, but for a different reason. I figured that the gogo dancer girls were afraid to go near Them. For some weird reason, it made me proud to think that They were so different (or creepy) that they scare people off. Makes me feel like I'm different (or creepy), and that's why I'm a TMBG fan. Or maybe I'm just terribly confused. Probably the former, but a good chance it's the latter. Maybe that's why the neighbors stay away... Anyway, relating to another post, I think if people want to hear new and interesting things, that's fine; just don't make "new and interesting" also "crude and disrespectful." If you're going to say something, you should at least have the common decency to keep your language in check. You've got the right to free speech; it doesn't mean you can abuse that right and say whatever obscene word that happens to pass through your mind at the time. Patrick, or "How I Learned to Stop Complaining and Love TMBG" (Mr. Me, or at least a reasonable facsimile) "Domino's!! Freeze!!"--Dave Chappelle ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33F199EF.841B459A@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 04:26:39 -0700 From: "Kevin (100% Curd) McGuire" Subject: TMBG: NON-TMBG Story The way this works, apparently, is the first person to decide to write for the day will. I am the first person to write for today, so no one write anything more till tomorrow, else we clutter up the list with even more useless nonsense. Here we go, continued off of Ruprechts. /\/\/\/\ Moments later, my scream rang back to me, and I could see a blur of people moving down the sidewalk. They stopped immediately again, after what seemed like a minute. Businessmen with breifcases, mothers with small children, homeless with paper bags. They all were unliving statues for my viewing pleasure. Perplexed by the odd chain of events, I began to experiment some more with my situation. I said a few words, nothing came to my ears. Soon, approximately a minute after the people stopped moving, they began to move again, still in a blur, but now they all seemed to dissapear into buildings, homes, and alleyways. My words came back to me now, oddly fitting now. "Can anybody hear me?" I took a few steps forward, and out from behind a lampost, I saw a flutter of movement. Something was hiding from me. I decided that whoever it was, he knew the secret of what was happening to me. I walked over to the lampost in question, and nothing was behind it. I looked up, and hanging off of the pole holding the lamp out into the street, was an small creature. Its skin was wrinkled at his corners, and he somewhat resembled a muppet made out of organic parts, instead of polyester. He was moving, I could tell. His mouth, or what served him for a mouth, moved, and it seemed like he was talking but there was no way to tell. The light, which also was frozen, stayed reflected off of his wet eyeballs, untill the obligatory minute came, when things began to move anew. The people came, and with their movement, his words washed over me. /\/\/\/\ -- ===-==--==-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-==-===-==-=-=====-=====-=-=====-=-====-= "You know those pretentious annoying quotes at the end of e-mails? I hate those." - Dr. Edwin Von Hypocrite -==-===-==-=== http://members.tripod.com/~boweasel/ =-===-==-===-= ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33F19A00.148BF701@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 04:26:56 -0700 From: "Kevin (100% Curd) McGuire" Subject: NON-TMBG: Story The way this works, apparently, is the first person to decide to write for the day will. I am the first person to write for today, so no one write anything more till tomorrow, else we clutter up the list with even more useless nonsense. Here we go, continued off of Ruprechts. /\/\/\/\ Moments later, my scream rang back to me, and I could see a blur of people moving down the sidewalk. They stopped immediately again, after what seemed like a minute. Businessmen with breifcases, mothers with small children, homeless with paper bags. They all were unliving statues for my viewing pleasure. Perplexed by the odd chain of events, I began to experiment some more with my situation. I said a few words, nothing came to my ears. Soon, approximately a minute after the people stopped moving, they began to move again, still in a blur, but now they all seemed to dissapear into buildings, homes, and alleyways. My words came back to me now, oddly fitting now. "Can anybody hear me?" I took a few steps forward, and out from behind a lampost, I saw a flutter of movement. Something was hiding from me. I decided that whoever it was, he knew the secret of what was happening to me. I walked over to the lampost in question, and nothing was behind it. I looked up, and hanging off of the pole holding the lamp out into the street, was an small creature. Its skin was wrinkled at his corners, and he somewhat resembled a muppet made out of organic parts, instead of polyester. He was moving, I could tell. His mouth, or what served him for a mouth, moved, and it seemed like he was talking but there was no way to tell. The light, which also was frozen, stayed reflected off of his wet eyeballs, untill the obligatory minute came, when things began to move anew. The people came, and with their movement, his words washed over me. /\/\/\/\ -- ===-==--==-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-==-===-==-=-=====-=====-=-=====-=-====-= "You know those pretentious annoying quotes at the end of e-mails? I hate those." - Dr. Edwin Von Hypocrite -==-===-==-=== http://members.tripod.com/~boweasel/ =-===-==-===-= ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 06:45:21 -0400 (EDT) From: Darlington Darling Subject: Re: TMBG:They Got Lost Message-ID: On Sat, 9 Aug 1997, Justin T McElroy wrote: > I just finished downloading "They Got Lost" the moving story of John and > John's ordeal of .. well, getting lost. If anyone one is interested in > the address just ask me for it. If you haven't heard it, it's well worth > the 1.9 million bytes it takes up. In any case it's kind of hard to > understand all the words. Does anyone know where I could get the lyrics > for this song? www.tmbg.org has it. Try http://www.tmbg.org/songs/lyrics/TheyGotLost.html so you don't have to jump around looking for it. * ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Josh Woodward, Comp. Sci, BGSU joshw@mail.bgsu.edu Internet Tech., Marathon Oil Co. http://www.dc-adnet.com/joshw/ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.16.19970813071255.2c7f45bc@mail.one.net> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 07:12:55 From: Chris Combs Subject: Re: TMBG: What Is This? rich said: > And yet another mystery; at www.musicblvd.com (which is a great place, > btw), there is a cd called John Henry that boldly states INCLUDES LIVE BONUS > TRACKS and it also was released by Warner...hmmm Okay, this probably means that the CD I mentioned came from Australia. Warner apparently handles distribution down there. The John Henry you refer to is the album John Henry with a second disc which is a 6-song EP version of Live in New York (an import from down under - or up over if you hail from there). ========================================================== Chris Combs a.k.a. Piglet Goatboy formerly@assassinate -={MPFT}=- -={CAS}=- -={OINK!}=- http://goatboy.home.ml.org/ ========================================================== ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 07:19:36 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970813071936_597873924@emout03.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: oh happy day! and mix tape of the mixes.. Do you guys rememebr a couple days ago I posted a URL for a cd store (which happens to be local here) where they had TMBG stuff? *Well* . I went to that store yesterday, headed right to the 't' section and lo'n'behold, there was: Istanbul.:) And in the vinyl secion? the Pink Album. $3. ::happysigh:: And I did notice that they had the TMBG video collection on the shelf thar. So I'll post the URL again, if you want to do some bargaining.;) http://www.alternativemusic.com ...and I got a rare BNL import EP for $15... oy... So, as I was listening to my Istanbul :), I was thinking how cool it'd be to make a tape of TMBG remixes, has this been done? I mean is there one circulating a la Stumpbox? Or no? Because I'd be more than happy to make one.:) *I* love the cheez-o dance-y remixes.:) sarah linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970813083432.007f67d0@mail.vpico.com> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 08:34:32 -0700 From: "Virgo Publishing" Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-224 Please take Virgo publishing of your mailinglist, thank you. At 02:04 AM 8/13/97 -0400, you wrote: > > tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 224 > > Wednesday, 13 August 1997 > >Today's Topics: > > TMBG:They Got Lost > TMBG: my idea > (none) > TMBG: Re: IRC > Re: TMBG: my idea > TMBG: snowman shirts > TMBG: What is this? > Re: TMBG: my idea > TMBG: 120 min, and other stuff.. > TMBG: An Idea for Them > Re: TMBG: An Idea for Them > Re: TMBG: my idea > Re: TMBG: Sarah sarah sarah > TMBG: Viva Variety > TMBG: List Subjects > Re: TMBG: What is this? > Re: TMBG: What is this? > NON-TMBG: Change of Subject > >Administrivia: > > If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to > tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be > automatically removed. > >--------------------------------------------------------------------- >The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. >--------------------------------------------------------------------- > >tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). > >---------------------------------------------------------------------- > >Subject: TMBG:They Got Lost >Message-ID: <19970812.074857.4679.1.aviso@juno.com> >From: aviso@juno.com (Justin T McElroy) >Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 07:59:33 EDT > >Someone asked for the web address of a downloadable copy of "THey Got >Lost" >But unfortunately their e-mail address is what got lost. Instead of >hunting the person down I thought I'd just post the address to the list. > >www.yucc.yorku.ca/~flippy/tmbg/sounds.html > >Justin McElroy >aviso@juno.com >Insert your own favorite TMBG line here. > >------------------------------ > >From: expo67@webtv.net >Message-Id: <199708121543.IAA14162@mailtod-112.bryant.webtv.net> >Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 10:43:39 -0500 >Subject: TMBG: my idea > > My brother went to a Ben Folds Five concert and wrote to the BFF >mailing list to find people that would be going to that show. They made >"code " names and put those names on a name tag and wore those to the >concert. Maybe we should use code names or just write listee or some >junk. > For those who know who BFF are: My brother got an E mail from Robert >Sledge's girlfriend. She needed a ride, or something like that. So my >brother gave her (and Robert Sledge) a ride to the show. He met Ben and >the gang. > >------------------------------ > >Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 11:12:47 -0500 >Message-ID: <19970812.111439.14518.2.ExquisiteDeadGuy@juno.com> >From: exquisitedeadguy@juno.com (Your Mother) > >I love the pose of S.G. when he's Staring down from high above pointing >down and giveing that (what the hells the stuff on the floor kinda look. >BTW, since we've all started talking about S.G. is there a S.G. list? > >______________________________________________ >"What's this do?.... BZZZZZT!!!!-Raymond >Space ghost Coast to Coast. >Visit me at www.geocities.com/timesquare/lair/7883 >_______________________________________________ > >------------------------------ > >Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 11:03:43 -0500 >Subject: TMBG: Re: IRC >Message-ID: <19970812.111439.14518.0.ExquisiteDeadGuy@juno.com> >From: exquisitedeadguy@juno.com (Your Mother) > >>> Does anyone know of any IRC servers w/ TMBG channells? >>> _________________________________________________________ >>> "Those who heed my words are more a fool than anyone"-Me >>> E-mail me at Muad.dib@juno.com for non-TMBG stuff. >>> All my grammer and spelling is subject to mutilation. >>> _________________________________________________________ >> >> >>Well, there's always #TMBG on EFnet. >>OldFriend >Well, that seems to make sense... >Hmm. Your Mother... Is that a spinoff from Spage Ghost Coast to Coast? > >------------------------------ > >Message-ID: <33F0CDF8.3CF5@geocities.com> >Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 13:56:24 -0700 >From: Vladimir Drakul >Subject: Re: TMBG: my idea > >> My brother went to a Ben Folds Five concert and wrote to the BFF >> mailing list to find people that would be going to that show. They made >> "code " names and put those names on a name tag and wore those to the >> concert. Maybe we should use code names or just write listee or some >> junk. > >Yeah! That's a great idea! If any Washingtonians see a guy with either a Tour 2040 >Shirt, a Snowman shirt, a big button that says, "VLAD", and "LIST" across his forehead, >that's me. I think we should all do that! > >...but everybody wants a big prosthetic forehead to write a giant "LIST" upon. > >-- >Vladimir Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/ >******************************************************************* >"So the winds swept the Whirlpool across the sky..." > -Meat Puppets, Whirlpool > >"NO! Not the red button!!" > -Fester Shinetop > >ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo >This message will self-destruct in five seconds. >ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo > >------------------------------ > >From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) >Message-Id: <9708122105.AA20651@greed.loyola.edu> >Subject: TMBG: snowman shirts >Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 17:05:16 -0400 (EDT) > >> > My brother went to a Ben Folds Five concert and wrote to the BFF >> > mailing list to find people that would be going to that show. They made >> > "code " names and put those names on a name tag and wore those to the >> > concert. Maybe we should use code names or just write listee or some >> > junk. >> >> Yeah! That's a great idea! If any Washingtonians see a guy with either = >> a Tour 2040=20 >> Shirt, a Snowman shirt, a big button that says, "VLAD", and "LIST" across= >> his forehead,=20 >> that's me. I think we should all do that! >I did see a Washingtonian with a Snowman shirt once (actually he was in >Wheaton, MD), he was a big, hairy guy trying to cross the street. But >no buttons, or vlad or list or anything like that... >Matt > >-- >Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu >Loyola College in Baltimore, MD >Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com > >------------------------------ > >Message-Id: <3.0.3.16.19970812172240.2c970c6a@mail.one.net> >Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 17:22:40 >From: Chris Combs >Subject: TMBG: What is this? > > I was directed to because NOBODY has the CD I >want, and while I was there I saw this under TMBG: > > THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS -- THIS TIME > WARNR194CD 06/97 WARNER MUS > Cd Single $10.26 > > What is "This Time" and why does Warner have its rights? This is an >import from somewhere, but I don't really know from where, however the >catalogue is German. > > If anyone can explain what it is, I'll...uh... say thanks. > >-Chris Combs aka Here's a good trivia question. :) > >------------------------------ > >Subject: Re: TMBG: my idea >Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 15:39:44 -0800 >Message-Id: 10485795.3.22961@server1.onmedia.com >From: "Lani O:)" > >Vladimir Drakul wrote: > >>Yeah! That's a great idea! If any Washingtonians see a guy with either a Tour 2040 >>Shirt, a Snowman shirt, a big button that says, "VLAD", and "LIST" across his forehead, >>that's me. I think we should all do that! > >But I don't *want* to write "VLAD" across my forehead... > >(sorry) >-Lani O. >* ------------------------------------------------------ >| Where do you want to get your Email today? >| http://www.goplay.com/email/1000000 - it's FREE! > >------------------------------ > >From: i0n@kalifornia.com >Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970810185210.006f4818@kalifornia.com> >Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 18:52:10 -0500 >Subject: TMBG: 120 min, and other stuff.. > >okie. well, today i saw the most recent 120 min (my friend had it on tape) >and i kept fast forwarding untill i found the tmbg little intro thingy. i >noticed that they cut linnell off at the end. you see his lips moving, but >no sound. does anyone know how to lip read? can anyone tell me what it >says? ah well. doubt it. now for a little tmbgish story. i was on vacation >at my cousin's cottage in wisconsin and we were fishing. i looked down in >the water, and i saw a couple rocks with string wound around them (it was >shallow water). apparently, thats his sister's idea of art... also, im >going to throw this in because of the macarthur park discussion a while >back. i was watching simpsons reruns, and troy mcclure's agent is named >macarthur parker. no sooner than i had mentioned the relationship to the >song to my friend, his mom starting singing it. she scares me... > >sorry for wasting yur time, but im really bored and on caffeine.. > >* * ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- >"If it wasn't for disappointment, I wouldn't have > any appointment" - They Might Be Giants >* * ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- > >------------------------------ > >From: Kamesennin@aol.com >Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 20:04:50 -0400 (EDT) >Message-ID: <970812200208_920500720@emout07.mail.aol.com> >Subject: TMBG: An Idea for Them > >Ok, here's an idea I came up with a while ago: > >I think it would be incredibly spiffy if They released an album of older >favorites (some songs from Pink, Link, Flood, and A18) except re-record them >with the full band. I think a lot of the songs would benefit greatly from >the addition of a *real live, breathing, natural* drummer, and bassist. I >know that the drum machine has it's charms on many of the earlier songs, but >I would flip out for an album of reworked favorites. I like John Henry the >best out of all the albums, probably because it boasts the full extent of >They flavor, but with a more 'professional musician' sound. If They are >worried about "flooding the market with material," then I'll point out to >Them that Then:TEY is like 70% old material, but still radiates with >greatness. > >Let me know what y'all think... > >-Me, aka Not Him or the Other Guy > >------------------------------ > >Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 19:13:34 -0500 (CDT) >From: "Jon Misc." >Subject: Re: TMBG: An Idea for Them >Message-ID: > > An excellent idea! I love those older songs with the drum >machine and all that, but I've always been curious to know what they >would sound like with the full band (I wounder how They would do Cage and >Aquarium and The Statue Got Me High :) Can anyone tell the Johns about this? > > - Jonnie Coffman > >On Tue, 12 Aug 1997 Kamesennin@aol.com wrote: > >> Ok, here's an idea I came up with a while ago: >> >> I think it would be incredibly spiffy if They released an album of older >> favorites (some songs from Pink, Link, Flood, and A18) except re-record them >> with the full band. I think a lot of the songs would benefit greatly from >> the addition of a *real live, breathing, natural* drummer, and bassist. I >> know that the drum machine has it's charms on many of the earlier songs, but >> I would flip out for an album of reworked favorites. I like John Henry the >> best out of all the albums, probably because it boasts the full extent of >> They flavor, but with a more 'professional musician' sound. If They are >> worried about "flooding the market with material," then I'll point out to >> Them that Then:TEY is like 70% old material, but still radiates with >> greatness. >> >> Let me know what y'all think... >> >> -Me, aka Not Him or the Other Guy >> > >------------------------------ > >Message-ID: <33F13359.46D0@ix.netcom.com> >Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 21:08:57 -0700 >From: Amanda Nichols >Organization: WECB >Subject: Re: TMBG: my idea > >Lani O:) wrote: >> >> Vladimir Drakul wrote: >> >> >Yeah! That's a great idea! If any Washingtonians see a guy with either a Tour 2040 >> >Shirt, a Snowman shirt, a big button that says, "VLAD", and "LIST" across his forehead, >> >that's me. I think we should all do that! > > Can I be "Howling Mad Murdoch?" Nothing to do with tmbg, but >I always wanted to be "howling mad murdoch" from the A-Team. Can I? > Amanda > >------------------------------ > >From: Saquing@aol.com >Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 22:02:26 -0400 (EDT) >Message-ID: <970812220046_-1472011096@emout01.mail.aol.com> >Subject: Re: TMBG: Sarah sarah sarah > >>.... I for one don't like the conversation going nowhere for such a long >>time .....you guy's are like broken records' and just repeat stuff over and >>over again .... it's been so long since someone printed something >>interesting ??? > >Yeah, buddy! I'm not even sure what the story is here -- what exactly this >was replying to -- but I agree at least with that statement wholeheartedly. > This is not to stir up trouble within a circle whose participants obviously >enjoy what they do and with no harm done to the outside world, but just to >express support for someone else who has. As my little sister once remarked >while reading over my shoulder, "They should really change the subject once >in a while." > >------------------------------ > >Message-ID: <33F14508.9D5EDEAF@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> >Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 22:24:24 -0700 >From: "Kevin (100% Curd) McGuire" >Subject: TMBG: Viva Variety > >I have been watching viva variety lateley, and I noticed something. >When the other bands that arent TMBG play this show, theres always silly >looking dancing girls. Their appearance was sans dancing. > >Thinking about this, I realized that John and John probably protested >this exploitation, and it made me proud. > >Dunno, just bored. > >Kevin >-- >===-==--==-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-==-===-==-=-=====-=====-=-=====-=-====-= > "You know those pretentious annoying quotes at the > end of e-mails? I hate those." > - Dr. Edwin Von Hypocrite >-==-===-==-=== http://members.tripod.com/~boweasel/ =-===-==-===-= > >------------------------------ > >Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970813031443.0067fa10@uc.campus.mci.net> >Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 23:14:43 -0400 >From: Kelley Kent >Subject: TMBG: List Subjects > >>> They should really change the subject once in a while. > >Why is it people who rarely ever post always are the ones >complaining about repetitive subjects and such? > >You're either part of the problem (or so-called problem, >in this case) or part of the solution. Lurking for LONG >periods of time and then complaining about people who >actually do write to the list is not part of the solution, >now is it. > >Tired of OMLT's, UMLT's, AKA's, Space Ghost, Serious Songs, >and all the other popular threads at the moment? Well, duh, >why don't you actually post something new and interesting >then? > >Kelley Kent (kkent@uc.campus.mci.net) >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >"Help! Help! I'm being repressed!" - Monty Python > >------------------------------ > >Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 00:22:23 -0400 >From: "rich pak" >Message-ID: <5srco6$28o@ussodyssey.ufp.org> >Organization: United Federation of Planets >Subject: Re: TMBG: What is this? > > And yet another mystery; at www.musicblvd.com (which is a great place, >btw), there is a cd called John Henry that boldly states INCLUDES LIVE BONUS >TRACKS and it also was released by Warner...hmmm > >rich > >Chris Combs wrote in article ><3.0.3.16.19970812172240.2c970c6a@mail.one.net>... > >> THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS -- THIS TIME >> WARNR194CD 06/97 WARNER MUS >> Cd Single $10.26 >> >> What is "This Time" and why does Warner have its rights? This is an >>import from somewhere, but I don't really know from where, however the >>catalogue is German. > >------------------------------ > >Message-ID: <33F13A07.3D022337@ncweb.com> >Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 00:37:27 -0400 >From: Jeff Meden >Subject: Re: TMBG: What is this? > >rich pak wrote: > >> And yet another mystery; at www.musicblvd.com (which is a great >> place, >> btw), there is a cd called John Henry that boldly states INCLUDES LIVE >> BONUS >> TRACKS and it also was released by Warner...hmmm >> >> rich >> >> Chris Combs wrote in article >> <3.0.3.16.19970812172240.2c970c6a@mail.one.net>... >> >> > THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS -- THIS TIME >> > WARNR194CD 06/97 WARNER MUS >> > Cd Single $10.26 >> > >> > What is "This Time" and why does Warner have its rights? This is >> an >> >import from somewhere, but I don't really know from where, however >> the >> >catalogue is German. > >A.M.TMBG, > > I dont know anything about 'This Time' or 'Free Live Tracks', but i do >know that Elektra is owned by, you guessed it, Warner Communications, >and therefore they technically own the rights to anything published by >Elektra. Just thought id add that. > > Jeff > >------------------------------ > >Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970813012214.00688bdc@mailhost2.planet.net> >Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 01:22:14 -0400 >From: Perry lee >Subject: NON-TMBG: Change of Subject > >How bout them yankees? > > >********************************** >A world screams kiss me son of god >email: mlee@planet.net >ICQ: 1840333 >web: www.planet.net\pmlee >********************************** > >------------------------------ > >End of tmbg-list Digest #3-224 >****************************** > > > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199708131627.MAA00713@mail1.visi.net> From: "S. Bergeron" Subject: Re: TMBG: Buzz Off... Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 12:26:56 -0400 When it happened, I thought it was an earthquake. It wasn't. There was the first shock. Then the second. Then a third. It became apparent that they were all almost a minute apart. All of the same intensity. It was more of pulsation than a series of shocks. An hour or sixty pulses later, it all stopped. I waited for several minutes and then crawled out from under my bed, to the door and out of it. There was a complete silence everywhere. All the same it was a normal day. Nothing had been broken, the buildings were all where they were supposed to be. However, there was just no one, and nothing. No birds, no insects, not even rustling leaves. Then I screamed, but I didn't. No sound, not even air came out of my mouth. I tried to move the air, but it didn't. No, it didn't move because of my efforts. My efforts were totally fruitless. The nothingness that was found outside could be described as utterly boring. I went back inside, and had a coke. I wondered to myself, would the rumbling start again? Was it just my imagination? Was it a unlisted vibrating option on my new Craftmatic Adjustable Mattress that I was unaware of? In a situation like this, I did as any person questioning his sanity would; I got pissed. Rup, is this what you're looking for? ------------------------------ From: Statue@aol.com Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 13:32:09 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970813132940_751158556@emout19.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Hatch Shell Heya! It has been months and months since I have written, but big news call for a post, I suppose. I will be a freshman at BU this fall, and I found out that They'll be playing the Hatch Shell in Boston on September 6th. This same event happened last year (I suppose you all remember). Sept 6 is my 18th birthday, and I'm going to be lonely up in Boston (I live in Baltimore). If anyone out there is planning on going to ths show, maybe we could meet up, you could show me where to go, show me around. Give me a nice birthday present. I would appreciate it greatly, since I'm going to have no idea where to go or how to get there. Anyone who wants to show me around can email me personally (no use cluttering up the list) at statue@aol.com or, after the 30th, nblock2@bu.edu. Thanks, Neal ------------------------------ From: XAnaNgx@aol.com Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 14:08:12 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970813140727_-1438293084@emout06.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Viva Variety hmmm.. i dunno. i'm a huge fan of Viva Variety, and after seeing every other band that's performed, I can say that TMBG is not the only band that didn't have the annoying "swim suit team" aka go go dancers. the real reason is that the dancers didn't know how to dance to "till my head falls off". another example would be like the time Cibo Matto performed. they couldn't dance to that either. maybe they were also scared of Them too. i dont know. ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 13 Aug 97 14:33 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Viva Variety the real reason is >that the dancers didn't know how to dance to "till my head falls off". I don't think anyone really knows how to dance to this song... I usually go with the "jumping up and down and ricocheting off the furniture dance," and end up looking like a cross between Garth and one of the kids from the Peanuts Xmas special. Kirsten -- %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "Fear and respect the escalator." - Brodie "Mallrats" * Kirsten "Call me Brodie" Brodbeck * kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu * * Crow on chat * "Me so fuzzy and blue!" - Cookie Monster * ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 13:03:47 -0500 (CDT) From: Jim Subject: Re: TMBG: Viva Variety Message-ID: On Wed, 13 Aug 1997, Kirsten Brodbeck wrote: > > the real reason is that the dancers didn't know how to dance to "till > > my head falls off". > > I don't think anyone really knows how to dance to this > song... I usually go with the "jumping up and down and ricocheting off > the furniture dance," and end up looking like a cross between Garth and > one of the kids from the Peanuts Xmas special. > Kirsten Hey, as long as you move to the beat! Of course, moving to the beat of TMHFO would probably make even a PROFESSIONAL dancer look like a cross between Garth and the Peanuts Christmas Special. =] Jim -I didn't write the message you are reading. I didn't post the line before this one.- ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199708131951.PAA13575@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: mind forwarding this, Leo? :) (fwd) Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 15:51:58 -0400 (EDT) Forwarded message: ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 12:47:31 -0700 (PDT) Message-Id: From: Nicole Carlson Subject: mind forwarding this, Leo? :) Hi Leo Could you please forward this to the list? I've taken to checking my email over lunch break, and normally I'll reply to the list from home but I'm working really late tonight. Thanks! --n the wn > I was directed to because NOBODY has the CD I >want, and while I was there I saw this under TMBG: > > THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS -- THIS TIME > WARNR194CD 06/97 WARNER MUS > Cd Single $10.26 > > What is "This Time" and why does Warner have its rights? This is an >import from somewhere, but I don't really know from where, however the >catalogue is German. > > If anyone can explain what it is, I'll...uh... say thanks. Your second question is easy--Warner has the distributing rights to TMBG stuff abroad. Your first one is a stumper. "This Time" may have originally been a recognizable name that got translated into German and then back into English, losing its meaning along the way. Another (less likely) possibility is that it's something along the lines of the UK-only release "Don't Let's Start". But if so, it'd show up in John Relph's incredibly thorough TMBG discography, and I don't recall seeing it there... For you cynics out there, I offer a third possibility--it may not exist. I was reading an article about Internet booksellers. Some author had asked for a listing of his own books, and both amazon.com and the Barnes & Noble site came up with books that were proposed but never written. (As he put it, "saying that one was 'out of print' and the other was 'hard to find' was something of an understatement." :) Ask musicexpress if they can produce this mysterious single. Or ask for a track listing, which might clear up a few things. > And yet another mystery; at www.musicblvd.com (which is a great place, >btw), there is a cd called John Henry that boldly states INCLUDES LIVE BONUS >TRACKS and it also was released by Warner...hmmm That would be the Aussie import of JH. It's not particularly difficult to find; my local Tower regularly stocks a copy. The live bonus tracks are taken from Live! In New York, and I think there are seven of them. (LINY has 20-some tracks.) If you must have this, be prepared to pay about $30. I personally don't think it's worth it; you'd be better off trading someone for a dub of LINY. I'll even do it, if you ask me nicely and smother me with flattery. :) --nicole the wonder nerd *** "We think we never have enough of magic things and fancy stuff, and nations come to fisticuffs, and young men die."--Eddie From Ohio Nicole Carlson ncarlson@mail.arc.nasa.gov (work) nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org (personal) My opinions are my own. I do not speak for my employers or my university. -- Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org System Administration - Network Design TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Subject: RE: TMBG: List Subjects Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 13:11:50 -0800 Message-Id: 10493272.3.21502@server1.onmedia.com From: "Lani O:)" Kelley Kent wrote: >>> They should really change the subject once in a while. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >"Help! Help! I'm being repressed!" - Monty Python > Bloody peasants. Sorry, just trying to change the subject. Lani O:) "And that, my Liege, is how we know the world to be banana shaped." * ------------------------------------------------------ | Where do you want to get your Email today? | http://www.goplay.com/email/1000000 - it's FREE! ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 15:18:13 -0600 Subject: TMBG: musicblvd. Message-ID: <19970813.151826.8590.7.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) okay everyone, i wrote to musicblvd and asked them what the difference was between this (see below) and the self titled album... >S/T >They Might Be Giants > >Res >Released: 07/09/96 > CD: List $ 15.99 > Our Price $ 15.99 > > Additional Information: > Recording Label: Res > IMPORT this all they wrote back with... > Thank you for your interest in Music Boulevard. > Unfortunately, our database does not contain the > track listing for the TMBG import you requested. > If you have any further questions, please contact us. maybe they just messed up and wrote 96 as the release date instead of 86... that would make the most sense... "Moths beat on the windowpane, telling me I'm not the same. Sounds of nothing, sounds of fear, speak to me when no one's here" ---TMBG love, JOrdaN ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970813181132.006cb2ec@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 18:11:32 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: musicblvd. I saw an import s/t on an Italian web server with a different release date a while back and requested a track listing, and it was indeed the same bunch of lovely tracks from the U.S. version. :/ TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19970813212218.006983f4@email.acd.net> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 21:22:18 -0400 From: amy beth geerling Subject: TMBG: k.k.komplainer >Why is it people who rarely ever post always are the ones >complaining about repetitive subjects and such? > >You're either part of the problem (or so-called problem, >in this case) or part of the solution. Lurking for LONG >periods of time and then complaining about people who >actually do write to the list is not part of the solution, >now is it. > >Tired of OMLT's, UMLT's, AKA's, Space Ghost, Serious Songs, >and all the other popular threads at the moment? Well, duh, >why don't you actually post something new and interesting >then? > >Kelley Kent (kkent@uc.campus.mci.net) >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >"Help! Help! I'm being repressed!" - Monty Python then why are you trying to repress others? >------------------------------ what phylum of insect do you have stuck, kelly? why dont *you* post something new and interesting? ------------------------------ From: i0n@kalifornia.com Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970811215413.006fa7e8@kalifornia.com> Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 21:54:13 -0500 Subject: NON-TMBG: subjects what the hell is all this bitching about subjects about?? if you dont like whats posted here, quit the damn list. it only takes a sec. jesus. just stop whining like babys.. * ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "If it wasn't for disappointment, I wouldn't have any appointment" - They Might Be Giants * ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199708140258.TAA19231@geocities.com> From: "Holl" Subject: Re: TMBG: OMLT Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 20:02:12 -0700 I got a reply, and it was confirmed... maybe you should just wait a few days -----Original Message----- From: squeak! To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Wednesday, August 06, 1997 11:56 AM Subject: TMBG: OMLT OK, so.... I sent a letter to the OMLT Goddess with my OMLT order, but haven't heard back from her. I'm getting nervous. Anyway, what I was wondering was if anyone else had ordered a shirt in the window of opportunity, and if so, had they heard back from Christi, or is there too much mail for her to answer, or what? Also, if you ordered a shirt before, did you get a reply from her? Sorry to blather on like an idiot... Jen :9 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The politician was gone but unnoticed, like the period after the Dr. on a Dr Pepper can. (Wayne Goode, Madison, Ala.) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ------------------------------ From: cdanve10@scu.edu.au Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 14:26:13 +1000 Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970814142638.21bf8e46@student.scu.edu.au> Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-224 >>> They should really change the subject once in a while. > >Why is it people who rarely ever post always are the ones >complaining about repetitive subjects and such? > >You're either part of the problem (or so-called problem, >in this case) or part of the solution. Lurking for LONG >periods of time and then complaining about people who >actually do write to the list is not part of the solution, >now is it. > >Tired of OMLT's, UMLT's, AKA's, Space Ghost, Serious Songs, >and all the other popular threads at the moment? Well, duh, >why don't you actually post something new and interesting >then? Hey don't get mad at me ..... I've posted many a post and had little or no response ..... I think alot of you are to gutless to get into an argument that you have so little to say ..... So screw that kelley ...... So-man ------------------------------ From: "Cyborg J. Kucera" Message-Id: <199708140445.XAA02796@peter.atw.earthreach.com> Subject: TMBG: Bauhaus/TMBG Connection? Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 23:45:24 -0500 (CDT) (DISCLAIMER: If you want to get my point without actually reading this horrendously long post, skip to line 42 of it [12]) Flame me if this has been brought up before [1], but I've been thinking [2]. I just picked up a Bauhaus album I hadn't purchased yet [3], and there was a song on there entitled "exquisite corpse"... I'd ordinarily just write that similarity up to luck, but the song strikes me as being rather TMBG-ish [7]. The whole structure of the song is vaguely Fingertips-ish... There's five distinct segments not really relating very clearly to each other, and musically the song follows a somewhat similar style as Exquisite Dead Guy: it starts somewhat quietly, with a kind of soft melody going on in the background, and then "Life is But a Dream" is repeated over and over, in harmony with the music in the background; it's really almost a "Ba Buh-dah buh bah, bah-duh-bah" [8] kind of thing; it's kind of just there... Then that goes away and a new melody presents itself, and while the lyrics are what Bauhaus had by this time established to be patently Goth, I think they are somewhat similar to They's verses about the Exquisite Dead Guy [9] "hanging from a sky hook", etc: "I make the air fall apart / around me / now as the petals are no more / a corroding, shrinking stalk remains / bereft of his blooms / and the ultimate cruelty of loves pinions / beset his appearance / beset his appearance / no king could replenish his state / now browning, sinking, dying / a thousand deaths / a thousand deaths / a thousand deaths" While I realize that at this point I'm stretching the correlation a little bit, it's the next part of the song that really got me wondering... Again the music shifts in tone, becomes _much_ more dramatic [10] and seems to echo the "How am I supposed to let you know the way I feel about you" section: "Terry sat up / and hugged the army surplus bag / around his skinny waist / it was cold / and the person beside him had faded badly / legs apart his eyes lit up / the sky's gone out - the sky, the sky - / the sky's gone out" Agreed, the lyrical correlation is a little abstract, but musically so far it's pretty much section-per-section. There's two more sections to the song, each lyrically insignificant [11] but repetitive in the same way the opening of the song was... *****THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS HUGE MESS: Do the Johns listen to Bauhaus in their free time and have either consciously or subconsciously patterned a song after one of their songs? Could Richard Nixon somehow be connected? *****END OF THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS HUGE MESS, BEGINNING OF A LOT MORE WORDS *****COUNTERPOINT: Or perhaps the Johns and Bauhaus merely arrived at the decision to write a song about an Exquisite Deceased Individual [15] completely independently of each other, and it just happens to be ingrained in our cultural subconscious [16] that any song written about an Exquisite Deceased Individual just _has_ to be structured similarly to how the Johns and Bauhaus, completely independent of each other, structured their songs. For 50 points, discuss, and relate any possible Freudian interpretation of the situation. *****END OF THE COUNTERPOINT, MORE WORDS TO FOLLOW *****JUSTIFICATION FOR THIS HORRENDOUSLY LONG POST: It's getting rather late, I'm in vacation in Omaha Nebraska, and all there is to do here is look at corn, wheat, and my grandma... *****END OF THE JUSTIFICATION. CAN'T YOU TELL BY NOW IT'LL NEVER END? [1] A dangerous dare, methinks. [2] A bad thing. Run. Hide. [3] "The Sky's Gone Out," [4] if you care [5]. [4] A damn good album, actually... [5] Which you don't [6]. [6] (If you're a closet Goth, that's your cue to speak up!) [7] Or, rather, if you prefer to be temporally technical, TMBG seems to echo this song somewhat... [8] Or however you want to phonetically spell that line... [9] Henceforth "EDG"... [14] [10] The "I make the air fall apart" section was still very melodic and nice- sounding, despite the morbidity of the lyrics... Hey, could that be another connection? [11] Some guy snoring, and more repeats of "The Sky's Gone Out..." [12] Minus headers, of course. [13] Obligatory self-referencing footnote, this time also serving the purpose of pointing out the fact that, while I had no idea when writing this long, drawn-out mess that the whole point of all of it would be on line 42, I _do_ take that fact as a sign that I simply _must_ be correct in my hypothesis. [13] [14] Too bad I did that so late in the email... Never had a chance to use that elaborately-sculpted initialing scheme... Drat. [15] I think that if I ever get around to forming a band, that'll be one of the first song titles I use... [16] Who was it that thought of that theory? Was it Jung? [17] Another self-referencing footnote, for good measure this time. [17] Cyborg "Pez" Kucera - http://www.earthreach.com/~pez - pez@earthreach.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970814045457.0067ec98@uc.campus.mci.net> Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 00:54:57 -0400 From: Kelley Kent Subject: TMBG: re: gutless listees? So-man wrote: >> Hey don't get mad at me ..... I've posted many a post >> and had little or no response ..... I think alot of you >> are to gutless to get into an argument that you have so >> little to say ..... So screw that kelley Actually, if you've posted, then my grievance was not intended towards you. I'm sorry if my complaint seemed too broad. Perhaps I should have better defined what type of person I considered a 'lurker' to be. So I appologize. As for the gutlessness of people on the list, it is a possibilty. Maybe people feel that someone else will say what they are thinking, so believe posting would be a waste. Maybe? Course, not all discussions on the list are arguments. At least, they don't start out that way. :) Kelley Kent (kkent@uc.campus.mci.net) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Help! Help! I'm being repressed!" - Monty Python ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 21:27:09 -0700 From: Bob Gonsalves Subject: TMBG: Brass Section Does anybody know why Jim O'Connor et al. are called The Velcro Horns by Them? The only thought I had was that they had a lot of 'hooks', but maybe there's some more obvious (or more obscure!) explanation. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199708140512.AAA01311@dfw-ix7.ix.netcom.com> From: "Charles Box" Subject: Re: TMBG: Bauhaus/TMBG Connection? Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 22:11:07 -0700 I brought this up back when FS was released, I've had that particular album since it came out, and no I don't think they are related. ---------- > From: Cyborg J. Kucera > To: They Might Be Giants > Subject: TMBG: Bauhaus/TMBG Connection? > Date: Wednesday, August 13, 1997 9:45 PM > > long rambling part about Bauhaus deleted ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33F2B94B.EBA8191E@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 00:52:44 -0700 From: "Kevin (100% Curd) McGuire" Subject: Re: TMBG: Bauhaus/TMBG Connection? The connection between these two songs is there. They are both based on the old game called "the exquisite corpse" which was apparently a favorite of the surrealists. They would take a peice of paper, and write seperate sentances about a corpse, and then they would read them together, and it would make this exquisite corpse. All info was gleaned from various sources talking about exquisite dead guy. Kevin -- ===-==--==-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-==-===-==-=-=====-=====-=-=====-=-====-= "You know those pretentious annoying quotes at the end of e-mails? I hate those." - Dr. Edwin Von Hypocrite -==-===-==-=== http://members.tripod.com/~boweasel/ =-===-==-===-= ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-225 ******************************