Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-226 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 226 Friday, 15 August 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: k.k.komplainer Re: TMBG: Buzz Off... TMBG: Re: Exquisite Corpse Game TMBG: velcro horns TMBG:Re: What's This? RE: TMBG: k.k.komplainer Re: TMBG: Re: conspiracy TMBG: New Subject!!!! TMBG: Mmm . . . flowers . . . RE: TMBG: Mmm . . . flowers . . . Re: TMBG: Bauhaus/TMBG Connection? RE: TMBG: Mmm . . . flowers . . . TMBG: New Tour Dates.. a DUKE show!!!!1 Re: TMBG: re: gutless listees?:They Should Be Allowed to Think Re: TMBG: New Subject!!!! Re: TMBG: velcro horns Re: TMBG: Bauhaus/TMBG Connection? TMBG: non tmbg:re "gutless" listees TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-225 TMBG:Flowers TMBG: Madonna & flowers & new question TMBG: holy crap Re: TMBG:Flowers Re: TMBG:Flowers Re: TMBG:Flowers Re: TMBG: holy crap Re: TMBG: holy crap TMBG:But you probably don't care so don't yell at me Re: TMBG: holy crap + OAT Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <19970814060128.22543.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Philbert Turtle" Subject: Re: TMBG: k.k.komplainer Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 23:01:27 PDT >what phylum of insect do you have stuck, kelly? why dont *you* post >something >new and interesting? Actually, I thought she did...bringing up the point that the people who complain never do anything about was NEW and, to me anyway, it was INTERESTING as well...actually this whole thread is pretty interesting, come to think of it. Bringing up something new and interesting isn't too hard...how about this? 1) If TMBG was a flower, what kind would they be and why? 2) Is there a secret government plot to keep TMBG off the airwaves? I haven't heard them on the radio since 1994. Then again, I do live outside Seattle, grunge-rock, mainstream poopoo capital of the world. 3) What do you think is the Johns' favorite sore? Cold, or canker? Patrick, or "How I Learned to Stop Complaining and Love TMBG" (Mr. Me, or at least a reasonable facsimile) "I think I'm turning into a hypocondriac. I hope so. Otherwise, I'm just about to die."--Tom Agna ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33F2E390.CF4@tmbg.org> Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 03:53:04 -0700 From: Ruprecht Organization: Representatives of the People of Here Subject: Re: TMBG: Buzz Off... S. Bergeron wrote: > Rup, is this what you're looking for? It would be, had someone not already written part two, sorry Blue Dawg. I will have to make the ruling that this has to be disregarded. Don't give up hope, though, you can always write tomorrow or the next day... etc... -- What I'd really hate is to have a nail banged into the back of my neck ... slowly. --"If...." \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ http://freshnet.de/user/ruprecht/ * Now in FreshNet Vision * ------------------------------ From: Scaarge@aol.com Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 09:55:31 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970814095313_1816075163@emout18.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Re: Exquisite Corpse Game By the way, the sentence fragments in this game did not have to have anything to do with a corpse--it's just that one early result did: "The exquisite corpse drinks the sparkling wine." This was also done with drawing. One person would draw on the top quarter of a sheet of paper, folding it so that only the very ends of the lines were visible. The next person would start with those ends, and do the same until the "drawing" was finished. The results were pretty interesting, considering the combination of artists and non-artists involved. I'm done boring you now. BIS ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 10:51:58 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970814105035_1679977245@emout08.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: velcro horns >Does anybody know why Jim O'Connor et al. are called The Velcro Horns by Them? Possibly because They can peel them off for concerts or not if They want to? :) sarah linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ From: Madcup1@aol.com Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 10:52:42 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970814105041_1284897975@emout18.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG:Re: What's This? In a message dated 97-08-13 02:25:48 EDT, you write: << > And yet another mystery; at www.musicblvd.com (which is a great > place, > btw), there is a cd called John Henry that boldly states INCLUDES LIVE > BONUS > TRACKS and it also was released by Warner...hmmm >> John Henry With Bonus Live Tracks? YES! It comes packaged with a 5 song "Live In New York" CD. I Paid $30 for it from www.cdnow.com . It is the Austrailian Import Tour edition or something. My advice- BUY IT!!! -Jeff ------------------------------ Subject: RE: TMBG: k.k.komplainer Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 09:22:14 -0800 Message-Id: 10500110.6.17853@server1.onmedia.com From: "Lani O:)" ... >>You're either part of the problem (or so-called problem, >>in this case) or part of the solution. Lurking for LONG >>periods of time and then complaining about people who >>actually do write to the list is not part of the solution, >>now is it. >> >>Tired of OMLT's, UMLT's, AKA's, Space Ghost, Serious Songs, >>and all the other popular threads at the moment? Well, duh, >>why don't you actually post something new and interesting >>then? >what phylum of insect do you have stuck, kelly? why dont *you* post something new and interesting? I thought his point was that the people who *have* a problem with the content of the discussions should try to change them, but *he* doesn't have a problem with it... Why change the subject when we're comfortable with it? I mean, we can go ahead and change it if we want to, but we don't need to complain because other people aren't posting new stuff. -Lani O:) (Can't we all just get along?) * ------------------------------------------------------ | Where do you want to get your Email today? | http://www.goplay.com/email/1000000 - it's FREE! ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: conspiracy Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 09:27:44 -0800 Message-Id: 10500157.3.18025@server1.onmedia.com From: "Lani O:)" "Philbert Turtle" wrote: >2) Is there a secret government plot to keep TMBG off the airwaves? I >haven't heard them on the radio since 1994. Then again, I do live >outside Seattle, grunge-rock, mainstream poopoo capital of the world. YES! It all makes sense now! I wonder why... It must be something I've missed, something that isn't in the blueprints... One of those songs must have hit a nerve... The last They song I heard on the radio was Snail Shell when JH came out... My roommate claims that she keeps hearing Don't Let's Start on the End (Seattle) in the middle of the day, but *I've* never heard it, so maybe she's just in on the conspiracy... Lani O:) (TRUST NO ONE!) * ------------------------------------------------------ | Your boss can read your Email. Is this what you want? | http://www.goplay.com/email/1000001 - it's FREE! ------------------------------ From: NoraChica@aol.com Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 12:51:54 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970814124949_2013425861@emout20.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: New Subject!!!! << If TMBG was a flower, what kind would they be and why?>> Hmmmmm... I think Flansburg would definately be a big bright orange tigerlily with red spots.... because he definately stands out and is loud . I think Linnell would be a beautiful white long easterlily.... slim, quiet, peaceful flower... what do you guys think??? Oh.. and if they were to cover a Madonna song which one would They cover and why?? :) NoraChica (any resemblence to friends names or former ideas is completely coincidental.. i swear ) P.S. Can't we all just get along??? ::sob:: One big happy TMBG family... no more "why is the subject always the same" and bashing each other... puhlease, for us kids??? ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 12:25:43 -0500 (CDT) From: Jim Subject: TMBG: Mmm . . . flowers . . . Message-ID: On Thu, 14 Aug 1997 NoraChica@aol.com wrote: > << If TMBG was a flower, what kind would they be and why?>> > Hmmmmm... I think Flansburg would definately be a big bright orange > tigerlily with red spots.... because he definately stands out and is loud . > I think Linnell would be a beautiful white long easterlily.... slim, quiet, > peaceful flower... what do you guys think??? I always thought that They would be Sleepinginthe flowers. They are a very rare type of flower that is able to spin its petals 'round and 'round and 'round. *ahem* On a more serious note (if this subject could be called "serious" =] ), I think they would be Suprise Lilies. > Oh.. and if they were to cover a Madonna song which one would They cover and > why?? Express Yourself (or whatever that song is called . . . my memory may be playing tricks on me). Why? Um . . . just 'cause. Jim -Oh, if I wasn't shy, I'd burn all the messages, I'd burn all the off topic postings . . . if I wasn't shy . . . - ------------------------------ Subject: RE: TMBG: Mmm . . . flowers . . . Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 11:09:38 -0800 Message-Id: 10500904.2.20894@server1.onmedia.com From: "Lani O:)" Jim wrote: >On Thu, 14 Aug 1997 NoraChica@aol.com wrote: > >> << If TMBG was a flower, what kind would they be and why?>> I think they could be dandylions. (I just realized I don't know how to spell that. Eek!) That would sort of make all of us dandilions, though... some of which are sad and listen to Alice Cooper... >> Oh.. and if they were to cover a Madonna song which one would They cover and >> why?? > >Express Yourself (or whatever that song is called . . . my memory >may be playing tricks on me). Why? Um . . . just 'cause. Hmmm... I'm not sure about that one. I s'pose Flans could do that one. Sure. I'm thinking "Vogue." They already have so many cool little dances, it seems like the natural next step, if they were to go that direction. And I hope they won't. :) -Lani O:) (I'm not quite dead yet) * ------------------------------------------------------ | Keeping your email PRIVATE is our business. | http://www.goplay.com/email/1000002 - it's FREE! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970814110909.0068f1f0@pop.ben2.ucla.edu> Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 11:09:10 -0700 From: J Chen Subject: Re: TMBG: Bauhaus/TMBG Connection? Kevin wrote about the Exquisite Corpse game: >They would take a peice of paper, and >write seperate sentances about a corpse, and then they would read them >together, and it would make this exquisite corpse. Didn't someone post the rules of this game a while ago? If I remember correctly, it's basically a game where Person 1 writes or draws a part of something, Person two then continues the story/drawing based on what Person 1 did, then Person 3 continues where Person 2 left off, but blocks out the part that Person 1 did. Person 4 then can't see what Person 1 or 2 did, but continues the work based only on what he/she sees from what Person 3 did, etc. For drawings, it sounds as if a mix-and-match figure would be created. For stories, you could possibly get a piece that starts one way and ends having nothing to do with the way it started. Either way, you would end up with something seemingly discontinuous. This seems like what Bauhaus may have going for, with the disconnected lyrics and all. (I'm assuming; I've never heard their song.) As for TMBG, I think They just liked the name "Exquisite Corpse," playfully called their song "Exquisite Dead Guy," and wrote an ode to some dead hero (who sounds as if he had been preserved, a la Mao Zedong (or Mao Tse-tung, for traditionalists)). Their song isn't disconnected lyrically, but is rather piecy musically. Other than that, it may have had very little to do with the actual game of Exquisite Corpse. (Speaking of Exq.Corpse, my two friends and I wrote some twelve line "songs" using this method. Person 1 wrote line 1, Person 2 wrote line 2, I wrote line 3 without knowing what line 1 was, then we'd rotate until twelve lines were written. The results were a lot of fun; try it some time!) --LVJeff ========================___________________________________________... . . . | from LVJeff | "If you hear only one song this year, | Protected by Guan Yu | | alecson@ucla.edu | there's something terribly wrong with you." ======================== - Kitty Carlisle, Easy Writers ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 14:23:23 -0400 (EDT) From: Jonathan Chaffer Subject: RE: TMBG: Mmm . . . flowers . . . Message-ID: On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Lani O:) wrote: > > Hmmm... I'm not sure about that one. I s'pose Flans could do that one. Sure. I'm thinking "Vogue." They already have so many cool little dances, it seems like the natural next step, if they were to go that direction. And I hope they won't. :) Well, Flans did say, back when the full band was formed, that the choices were to get a band or to get dancers. They chose the band. -- ,, Jonathan (JonBob) Chaffer Member DNRC MSTie #16490 TMBG #25267 ->QQ<- Student, University of Michigan http://www.tmbg.org/~jchaffer/ _||_ "Anything ragged or rotten or rusty-- yes, I love trash." --Oscar ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 15:26:54 -0400 (EDT) From: Paul Sebold Subject: TMBG: New Tour Dates.. a DUKE show!!!!1 Message-ID: Ya'll Hey! I was just cruisin' by www.tmbg.com to check out the new tour dates and....... THERE IS A SHOW AT DUKE! Geh! Is anybody else on the list from the Triangle area who might know a little about the show or plan on going to the show? I mean, I probably SHOULD know being from there and all, but I don't. Let me know if anyone else is interested in this one. Geh! Paul ********************* ---------------------- ******************************** The "problem with you" speech you gave me was fine I liked the theories about my little stage And I swore I was listening, but I started drifting Around the part about me acting my age *Ben Folds* Paul Sebold Duke University pjs2@acpub.duke.edu http://husky.northern-hs.ga.k12.md.us/~psebold/extra.html ***************************** -------------------- ************************** ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33F39C5E.2186@ix.netcom.com> Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 17:01:34 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: TMBG: re: gutless listees?:They Should Be Allowed to Think > As for the gutlessness of people on the list, it is a > possibilty. Maybe people feel that someone else will say > what they are thinking, so believe posting would be a waste. > Maybe? I know of a few listees who won't post cuz people get mad when they do (see my apology for being a fogey somewhere round here on that one). I remember that some folks had "issues" with others posting in agreement with someone else. Someone's grumpy. Dunno who (and please don't attack me if you are. I just got back from NYC and I'll be grumpy right back)... but it's ok. We'll deal. :^) Right, listees? and there was much rejoicing. Amanda ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 14 Aug 97 18:07 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: New Subject!!!! >Oh.. and if they were to cover a Madonna song which one would They cover and >why?? Flans could sing "Material Girl" in that great falsetto of his. :) Kirsten -- %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "Fear and respect the escalator." - Brodie "Mallrats" * Kirsten "Call me Brodie" Brodbeck * kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu * * Crow on chat * "Me so fuzzy and blue!" - Cookie Monster * ------------------------------ From: YeahSpoon@aol.com Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 20:52:37 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970814205214_1552515648@emout04.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: velcro horns In a message dated 97-08-14 10:57:33 EDT, you write: << >Does anybody know why Jim O'Connor et al. are called The Velcro Horns by Them? Possibly because They can peel them off for concerts or not if They want to? :) >> I think it must have to do with their obvious ability to stick to anything that's fuzzy like TMBG is. Or maybe it's a new age space travel motif. (Velcro was developed by NASA.) If you look at it that way, then perhaps the name could be perceived as a strange anachronism. For instance, 'velcro horns' sounds very "space-age" to me. And yet the Velcro Horns are not futuristic synthesized devices, they are indeed real brass. Another possibility is that it means nothing at all and that it was chosen as the name because it didn't upstage TMBG's own nomen. It was just geeky enough. BTW: the horn section of my band, Arsenic Hoffer, was called Hellfish Bonanza. (For no reason except that it sounded cool.) ------------------------------ From: "Cyborg J. Kucera" Message-Id: <199708150101.UAA10529@peter.atw.earthreach.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Bauhaus/TMBG Connection? Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 20:01:36 -0500 (CDT) > The connection between these two songs is there. They are both based on > the old game called "the exquisite corpse" which was apparently a > favorite of the surrealists. They would take a peice of paper, and You know, now that you bring that up, I remember the whole conversation. Drat. All that lack of sleep for nothing. :) Cyborg "Pez" Kucera - http://www.earthreach.com/~pez - pez@earthreach.com ------------------------------ From: Sloane42@aol.com Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 21:22:26 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970814212118_688093771@emout17.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: non tmbg:re "gutless" listees hello my name is sloane and i am a lurker i am posting because i don't like to post not because i am afraid of the rejection if no one answers me or that i feel that i will implode if someone disagrees with me i don't post because i just like to read about tmbg and hear other people interps and opinions no more no less please don't dirty the title of lurker some of us are damn happy as we are and aren't complaining sincerely sloane the nervous and slightly angry lurker ------------------------------ From: cdanve10@scu.edu.au Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 11:21:02 +1000 Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970815112129.217772c4@student.scu.edu.au> Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-225 >Actually, if you've posted, then my grievance was not intended >towards you. I'm sorry if my complaint seemed too broad. >Perhaps I should have better defined what type of person I >considered a 'lurker' to be. So I appologize. > >As for the gutlessness of people on the list, it is a >possibilty. Maybe people feel that someone else will say >what they are thinking, so believe posting would be a waste. >Maybe? > >Course, not all discussions on the list are arguments. At >least, they don't start out that way. :) no problem .....sorry to get so defensive it's just if i miss one day i don't see how things develop and thus i miss out on the conversation .... I hate that I say things just to get the response then no one answers ..... I don't know if anyone else out there has this feeling but "Don't let's start" use to be one of my favourite songs ....... Lately thingds have been bad and ... well my girlfriend cheated on me ( Lots of people cheat ) and that song now is one of the most depressing things i've ever heard ... I can't listen to it with out getting really depressed and ... you know , just dwelling on it ..... I was fully getting on with my life when it happen and brough me way down............ (badmemories)....... i hate it now ...... So-man ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG:Flowers Message-ID: <19970814.213144.4679.0.aviso@juno.com> From: aviso@juno.com (Justin T McElroy) Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 21:42:22 EDT Not to try and PooPoo on bringing on new subjects but I would rather talk about Rather JH is bad or not forever than talk about this subject. I am all for appreciation of musical talent but this borders on worship. I don't know if TMBG ever read theses messages but I'm sure if They did they would be scared immeadately away. Justin McElroy aviso@juno.com Insert your own favorite TMBG line here. ------------------------------ From: NoraChica@aol.com Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 21:47:07 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970814214503_751345823@emout18.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Madonna & flowers & new question >>Express Yourself .....Um . . . just 'cause. >>I'm thinking "Vogue." I don't see either of those.. I can't see the Johns grabbing their crotches on stage or striking poses.. :) As much as I love them, dancers they are not.. check out the "Don't Lets Start" video. What about Holiday ( with multicolored, teased hair) or better yet Don't Cry for me Argentina (hanging over a balcony)?? >> Sleepinginthe flowers. They are a very rare type of flower that is able to spin its petals >>'round and 'round and 'round. Good one.. wish i would have thought of it myself. Ok, new question.....what do you guys think is the best TMBG site on the net.. and please include the html so we can go check it out. :)NoraChica ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: holy crap Message-ID: <19970814.214341.7807.2.hosscat@juno.com> From: hosscat@juno.com (david t redd) Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 21:55:09 EDT oh crap, are you guys freaking idiots?? what flower would they be??? ok, some of you people are cool, but shit, you need to get a life. They're NOT freaking Gods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i like them too, but you shouldnt worship them & build freaking shrines for them. you REALLY turn people away from liking them, when they see how INCREDIBLEY GAY so many of their fans are. sorry if i offend you, but you make me sick. GET A FREAKING LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you agree with me, mail me and tell me so. thank you (this has been a public service announcement from hosscat) ------------------------------ From: "Cyborg J. Kucera" Message-Id: <199708150200.VAA15437@peter.atw.earthreach.com> Subject: Re: TMBG:Flowers Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 21:00:00 -0500 (CDT) > about Rather JH is bad or not forever than talk about this subject. I am > all for appreciation of musical talent but this borders on worship. I Yes, I've referred jokingly to the Johns as Gods before, and will continue to do so so long as it seems appropriate... Nuthin' wrong with a little Deification here and there... :) > don't know if TMBG ever read theses messages but I'm sure if They did > they would be scared immeadately away. Well, the FAQ at least says that They don't... Traditionally bands have been scared away from their droves of Deifying (sp?) followers. I know if I ever have the privelige of being in a band posessing even an eighth of the coolness of TMBG, I'd certainly never want to know what goes on in lists like this... Cyborg "Pez" Kucera - http://www.earthreach.com/~pez - pez@earthreach.com ------------------------------ From: NoraChica@aol.com Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 22:15:49 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970814221253_109703854@emout13.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG:Flowers >>oh crap, are you guys freaking idiots?? what flower would they be??? ok, >>some of you people are cool, but shit, you need to get a life. They're >>NOT freaking Gods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i like them too, but you shouldnt >>worship them & build freaking shrines for them. you REALLY turn people >>away from liking them, when they see how INCREDIBLEY GAY so many of their >>fans are. sorry if i offend you, but you make me sick. GET A FREAKING >>LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you agree with me, mail me and tell me so. >>thank you >Not to try and PooPoo on bringing on new subjects but I would rather talk >about Rather JH is bad or not forever than talk about this subject. I am >all for appreciation of musical talent but this borders on worship. I >don't know if TMBG ever read theses messages but I'm sure if They did >they would be scared immeadately away. >Justin McElroy >aviso@juno.com Whoa, can I feel love and positivity......EXCUSE ME ...I didn't even think of the idea.. just responded to it... geez...at least its POSITIVE.......a lot better about those letters fighting about no new subjects.... ever since I've been on this mailing list all they have seemed to talk about is T-shirts, their own non-TMBG related storys....... God forgive me for trying to break the monotany someway before talking about something more serious. This is a fan list, not a musician chat about their clever use of a 5/4 time signature or something. And don't kid yourself. You actually think that They would have nothing better to do then read this list??? C'mon..... lets get real here. NoraChica :( oh... and since when have either of you contributed a constructive suggestion for conversation??? Or written a mature letter instead of <> and <>( spelled wrong by the way). Maybe next time you can just make a topic suggestion and not bash others who are trying to. ------------------------------ From: NoraChica@aol.com Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 22:16:20 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970814221253_109703854@emout13.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG:Flowers >>oh crap, are you guys freaking idiots?? what flower would they be??? ok, >>some of you people are cool, but shit, you need to get a life. They're >>NOT freaking Gods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i like them too, but you shouldnt >>worship them & build freaking shrines for them. you REALLY turn people >>away from liking them, when they see how INCREDIBLEY GAY so many of their >>fans are. sorry if i offend you, but you make me sick. GET A FREAKING >>LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you agree with me, mail me and tell me so. >>thank you >Not to try and PooPoo on bringing on new subjects but I would rather talk >about Rather JH is bad or not forever than talk about this subject. I am >all for appreciation of musical talent but this borders on worship. I >don't know if TMBG ever read theses messages but I'm sure if They did >they would be scared immeadately away. >Justin McElroy >aviso@juno.com Whoa, can I feel love and positivity......EXCUSE ME ...I didn't even think of the idea.. just responded to it... geez...at least its POSITIVE.......a lot better about those letters fighting about no new subjects.... ever since I've been on this mailing list all they have seemed to talk about is T-shirts, their own non-TMBG related storys....... God forgive me for trying to break the monotany someway before talking about something more serious. This is a fan list, not a musician chat about their clever use of a 5/4 time signature or something. And don't kid yourself. You actually think that They would have nothing better to do then read this list??? C'mon..... lets get real here. NoraChica :( oh... and since when have either of you contributed a constructive suggestion for conversation??? Or written a mature letter instead of <> and <>( spelled wrong by the way). Maybe next time you can just make a topic suggestion and not bash others who are trying to. ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 19:25:25 -0700 From: Bob Gonsalves Subject: Re: TMBG: holy crap >oh crap, are you guys freaking idiots?? etc. Please, let's not respond to this fellow, ok, or waste our time getting all worked up about his comments. There's been enough negativity on the list recently. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 21:24:32 -0500 (CDT) From: Jim Subject: Re: TMBG: holy crap Message-ID: On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, david t redd wrote: > oh crap, are you guys freaking idiots?? what flower would they be??? ok, > some of you people are cool, but shit, you need to get a life. They're > NOT freaking Gods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i like them too, but you shouldnt > worship them & build freaking shrines for them. you REALLY turn people > away from liking them, when they see how INCREDIBLEY GAY so many of their > fans are. sorry if i offend you, but you make me sick. GET A FREAKING > LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you agree with me, mail me and tell me so. > thank you (this has been a public service announcement from hosscat) I know that They are not gods. I just decided that picking out what kind of flower They might be was a fun thing to do at the time. Just because I and others wanted to have a little fun, does that automatically mean that we worship the Johns as divine agents sent to entertain us to the state of zealous, righteous frenzy? I think not. In response to your saying we should get a life, I say to you: GET A DOG! But make sure you spay/neuter him or her first, because you know we have too many stray poochies running all over the place already, and Bob Barker says to do it, anyway. =] I, meanwhile, shall kick back and wait for the next fun thing to come along. After all, all work and no play makes Jim a dull boy . . . (insert insane giggling here . . . no wait . . . there ====> ) =] Jim -If I were a boquet, I could be sleepinginthe flowers. My petals would spin 'round and 'round and . . . what? I already did this joke already? Whoops! Okay, then I'd be a purple damifino flower.- ------------------------------ From: SUZZIE5808@aol.com Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 00:20:50 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970815002049_1612384734@emout16.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG:But you probably don't care so don't yell at me I went to NYC today and wore a TMBG shirt!!! At the Statue of Liberty, I was looking at the city from the pedestal and some girl exclaimed "Oh, cool! A TMBG fan!!!!!!" We then exchanged knowing looks and were on our way.......... So from the NYC song I saw.... Statue of Liberty Brooklyn Bridge Times Square Rockefeller Center. And of course I sang "NYC" and "I'll Sink Manhattan" in Manhattan.......and gazed at Brooklyn itself from atop the Twin Towers..... And got to hold a subway token that very well could have taken me to Brooklyn, but instead I used it to get near the Statue of Liberty before I realized that I should have dropped it between the grating...... And now I sleepy....... AnnA ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33F405CF.87B@tmbg.org> Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 00:31:27 -0700 From: Ruprecht Organization: Representatives of the People of Here Subject: Re: TMBG: holy crap + OAT david t redd wrote: > thank you (this has been a public service announcement from hosscat) And your message there was "ostracize me please?" OAT (Other Assorted Trivia): I picked up the new David Byrne album "Feelings" a couple days ago, based on his performance on Letterman. This is the best new album that I have heard in a very long time. Aside from the fantastic music and amazing lyrics the album also has a very nice theme running along with it's title. You remember David Byrne formerly of the Talking Heads (Psycho Killer, Burning Down the House, etc.) ... yeah you got it. At any rate, had Factory Showroom been half as good as this album I might have a valid reason to be on this list. -- What I'd really hate is to have a nail banged into the back of my neck ... slowly. --"If...." \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ http://freshnet.de/user/ruprecht/ * Now in FreshNet Vision * ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-226 ******************************