Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-227 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 227 Saturday, 16 August 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Cool End of the Tour Interp. ALL NEW!! Re: TMBG: Re: conspiracy Re: TMBG: holy crap Re: TMBG: Re: conspiracy TMBG: New subject, new conspiracy theory! Re: TMBG: New subject, new conspiracy theory! Re: TMBG: New subject, new conspiracy theory! TMBG: conspiracy TMBG: "gutless" listees? pretty words Re: TMBG: holy crap Re: TMBG: k.k.komplainer TMBG: demon Re: TMBG:Flowers Re: TMBG: holy crap Re: TMBG: holy crap: one more thing Re: TMBG: So it WAS Erville! TMBG: A completely unbiased site recommendation Re: TMBG: "gutless" listees? pretty words TMBG: Re: Flower thread TMBG: Crap TMBG: ABCNEWS.Com is obviously TMBG crazy! TMBG: The Denominator is Going away for a while TMBG: Roger Miller? Re: TMBG: Re: Flower thread TMBG: Conspiracy TMBG: Re: other groups... Re: TMBG: Re: other groups... Re: TMBG: conspiracy TMBG: I am back This time, I swear TMBG: Hey, so what if I'M not wearing any . . . Re: TMBG: Re: Flower thread TMBG: Gov't Plot Re: TMBG: Re: other groups... Re: TMBG: Re: Flower thread TMBG: Tongue-Zine interview TMBG: Tour Dates! TMBG: september shows, tension and hostility TMBG: Dr. Worm Re: TMBG: Hey, so what if I'M not wearing any . . . Re: TMBG: Re: other groups... TMBG: Dr. Worm TMBG: my CDs Re: TMBG: holy crap: one more thing TMBG: Request TMBG: Hat Shell Re: TMBG: Request TMBG: Tour Dates TMBG: Dr.Worm!!!!!!!!!!!!! TMBG: Re:gramer TMBG: CD List, continued. TMBG: The Lurking Complainers Re: TMBG: Re: Flower thread Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 02:37:10 -0700 Subject: TMBG: Cool End of the Tour Interp. ALL NEW!! Message-ID: <19970815.023723.4630.0.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) All new, maybe. I don't normally post, but this is a really good one. And original. It's going to be kinda long, sorry, but I would appreciate it if you read it anyway. This is a story of a beauty queen gone wrong. It is told from the perspective of her boyfriend. What happens is she commits suicide by driving off un unfinished bridge. I'll go through it line-ny-line. "There's a girl with crown and a scepter who's on WLSD." She's pretty, but she's a stoner. Maybe she works for a radio station? "and she says that the scene isn't what it's been and she's thinkin' of goin' home" She's tired of all the drugs. She wants to go "home", as in eternally. "That it's old and it's totally over now, 'I can see myself at the end of the tour" She's fantasized about killing herself. "'When the road dissapears" Could be the bridge, or just the end of her life. I say both. "If there's any more people around when the tour runs aground and if you're still around then we'll meet at the end of the tour'" She's worried that now that her suicidal tendancies are out, her friends and boyfriend will abandon her. Maybe she's worried they'll OD. "Never to part since the day we met out on Interstate 91" He's saying he'll still be with her. "I was bent metal you were a flaming wreck when we kissed at the overpass" They were both really stoned. Maybe they are tearing the overpass down and she's bummed out that, so she's going to drive off that. "I was sailing along with the people" Her and her friends. "Driving themselves to destruction inside me" Everyone was doing drugs in her house. "Then came a knock on the door witch was odd and the picture abruptly changed" a "wake-up call". One of her friends probably ODed. "This was the vehicle these were the people you opened the doors and expelled all the people. You let them go" Play on "This is the church, this is the steeple". They are in the death car and she kicks them all out so they don't die with her. She "let them go" out of the prison of her life. "The engagemants are booked through the end of the world so we'll meet at the end of the tour. And we're never going to tour again." Engagemants, like wedding? Her boyfriend is going to be there for her when she does it. With her I don't know. She doesn't want to come back to life. She'll "never tour (live) again". The End. Next week, the End of the Tour as drug rehab! Josh Nielsen jnielsen69@juno.com http://www.angelfire.com/or/jnielsen/ http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Studio/4091 ICQ #1337243 ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 08:54:20 -0400 (EDT) From: Darlington Darling Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: conspiracy Message-ID: On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Lani O:) wrote: > YES! It all makes sense now! I wonder why... It must be something I've > missed, something that isn't in the blueprints... One of those songs > must have hit a nerve... The last They song I heard on the radio was > Snail Shell when JH came out... My roommate claims that she keeps > hearing Don't Let's Start on the End (Seattle) in the middle of the day, > but *I've* never heard it, so maybe she's just in on the conspiracy... Actually, there's a radio station in Dayton, OH that plays DLS fairly often from what I've heard. And even though I don't sit and listen to radio, I've been near a radio tuned to the Edge (that's the station) when they played it. So it's for real. :-) * ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Josh Woodward, Comp. Sci, BGSU joshw@mail.bgsu.edu Internet Tech., Marathon Oil Co. http://www.dc-adnet.com/joshw/ "I have no anti-American feelings......but, my over zealous love of Canada sometimes makes me seem as though I do." - Dave Foley (NBC live chat) ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 09:15:38 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: From: Trippy Subject: Re: TMBG: holy crap apparently you just wandered in here by accident, i think i would be best for everyone if you just left now... They're not Gods? what kind of hogwash are you peddling... also i just have to say that the Paradox of the Year Award has to go to this statement... >sorry if i offend you, but you make me sick. i've got one of my own though... Sorry if i make you sick, but i hope you get sick (and die) trippy At 01:55 -0000 8/15/97, david t redd wrote: >oh crap, are you guys freaking idiots?? what flower would they be??? ok, >some of you people are cool, but shit, you need to get a life. They're >NOT freaking Gods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i like them too, but you shouldnt >worship them & build freaking shrines for them. you REALLY turn people >away from liking them, when they see how INCREDIBLEY GAY so many of their >fans are. sorry if i offend you, but you make me sick. GET A FREAKING >LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you agree with me, mail me and tell me so. >thank you (this has been a public service announcement from hosscat) ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 09:36:58 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: From: Trippy Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: conspiracy WICB the radio station of Ithaca College (in Ithaca, NY) plays TMBG pretty regularly, unfortunately they only play one of four songs, can you gues which four... that's right Istanbul, Particle Man, Birdhouse, and Don't Let's Start... but even so it's nice to here Them on the radio once in a while... trippy At 12:54 -0000 8/15/97, Darlington Darling wrote: >Actually, there's a radio station in Dayton, OH that plays DLS fairly >often from what I've heard. And even though I don't sit and listen to >radio, I've been near a radio tuned to the Edge (that's the station) when >they played it. So it's for real. :-) > ------------------------------ From: Scaarge@aol.com Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 10:41:49 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970815103751_751375970@emout18.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: New subject, new conspiracy theory! You've all heard of the Residents, right? A group of four anonymous musicians from San Francisco who've issued numerous recordings from the early '70s on. In their early recordings, they used a variety of intrumentation (and funny voices), most commonly keyboards, saxophones, guitars and percussion. Around about 1978, they issued a remake of their very first record, "Santa Dog." This was the last record to feature the above instrumentation (at least as played by the group, and not outside guests). Their next new recording, "Commercial Songs" was played largely on keyboards and percussion (with funny voices). So far, so what. It seems obvious (to me) that the original quartet had split in two, though all parties deny this. "Santa Dog" was a way of saying "goodbye." Now, along comes TMBG...a duo, consisting of a saxophonist and a guitarist...who sing in funny voices...and write odd songs. And talk about how much of an influence the Residents were. Perhaps, just perhaps, They Might Be Residents! What will happen now, now that the secret has been told? Maybe TMBG'll have to appear on "NightLine" to deny this. (It might liven up the show.) And remember conspiracy fans, denials are proof that something's going on! I'm done boring you now. BIS ------------------------------ From: "Cyborg J. Kucera" Message-Id: <199708151451.JAA19315@peter.atw.earthreach.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: New subject, new conspiracy theory! Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 09:51:44 -0500 (CDT) > Perhaps, just perhaps, They Might Be Residents! Wow... What possibilities... I mean, who knows who was behind those Eyeball helmets? Of course, I think that the Johns look a little too young to have been involved with the original group... But still, one never knows... Cyborg "Pez" Kucera - http://www.earthreach.com/~pez - pez@earthreach.com ------------------------------ From: Scaarge@aol.com Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 11:02:51 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970815110039_1118193529@emout11.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: New subject, new conspiracy theory! In a message dated 97-08-15 10:52:48 EDT, you write: << > Perhaps, just perhaps, They Might Be Residents! Wow... What possibilities... I mean, who knows who was behind those Eyeball helmets? Of course, I think that the Johns look a little too young to have been involved with the original group... But still, one never knows... >> Yeah, I thought of that--the age factor.... If the Rez have been together since '67 or so as they claim, that'd make the Johns about 8 or 9 at the time (I think). Still, They Might Be Child Prodigies, or They Might Be Older Than They Look. Remember Michael J. Fox? He still looks like a teenager. Or there could be a whole tissue of lies around the whole subject! BIS ------------------------------ From: NoraChica@aol.com Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 11:13:52 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970815111137_109770389@emout05.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: conspiracy <> I think I am going to use this as the annoying quote at the end of my emails for a while... :) And about the radio conspiracy, I've noticed that, but my friends ran a few of the radio shows at our college and they played TMBG....and not just the most popular stuff..... :) NoraChica * ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------- They're not Gods? what kind of hogwash are you peddling... -trippy ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33F49BFF.791A@ix.netcom.com> Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 11:12:15 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: TMBG: "gutless" listees? pretty words I just thought your post was kinda poetic. It could be my warped, "i'm not driving again" state of mind, but I thought I'd share. We could (maybe) make it into a song. Personally, I think there aren't enough songs out there with the word "implode" in it. Don't ya think? Amanda ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: holy crap Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 09:06:35 -0800 Message-Id: 10509055.2.21764@server1.onmedia.com From: "Lani O:)" First they complain when we don't change the subject, then they complain when we do. Yeesh. -Lani O:) * ------------------------------------------------------ | Your boss can read your Email. Is this what you want? | http://www.goplay.com/email/1000001 - it's FREE! ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 12:02:06 -0500 (CDT) From: **Tarnished Silence** Subject: Re: TMBG: k.k.komplainer Message-Id: Um, I would definately say canker, because a cold sore only comes when you are sick, and Their music is infectious at any ol' time of the year. :) TS 210 =========================================================== == Beyond the your wildest dreams, there is only one... == == == == <<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>> == == == =========================================================== ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199708151655.JAA27917@geocities.com> From: "Johann D. Beheader" Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 12:56:24 +0000 Subject: TMBG: demon I just joined the list a little while ago. I have been lurking, for the most part. However, I have noticed the large amount of animosity and anger expressed in this list about such trivial topics as, "topics", "flowers", and "T-shirts". And despite the protests of my better judgement, I have to say, It's my fault. You see, I have this small demon simbiote named Ervile that lives off my blood. He is affixed to the back of my neck. Usually he's no big problem. Actually, he can hold up a decent conversation and I have come to think of him as a friend and confidant. However, he emits wierd zeta-particles that make people angry. This usually occurs after I eat rich pastry or drink particularly strong coffee. He was mumbling in his sleep and he said that his powers had just as strong an effect on people on the internet. So, I must apologize for all the evil posts recently. If any more occur, just blame Ervile. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19970815173046.24979.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Philbert Turtle" Subject: Re: TMBG:Flowers Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 10:30:46 PDT >Not to try and PooPoo on bringing on new subjects but I would rather >talk about Rather JH is bad or not forever than talk about this >subject. I am all for appreciation of musical talent but this borders >on worship. I don't know if TMBG ever read theses messages but I'm >sure if They did they would be scared immeadately away. Well, the reason I asked the question was not to really make you think deeply about it. In fact, more people have answered the flower question than I thought would in the first place (I was aiming for around zero). Actually, the one question I really want the answer to: Which is their favorite sore? Cold or canker? I really want to know this. I will personally hunt them down and ask them. I'm a determined man. Also stupid, but mostly determined. By the way, John Henry was a good album, not great, but good. It was the first "different" TMBG album, and therefore many of the old fans discarded it as evil or blasphemy, which is too bad. Patrick, or "How I Learned to Stop Complaining and Love TMBG" (Mr. Me, or at least a reasonable facsimile) "Hey lady, walking! You suck!"--Louis C.K. ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19970815174416.7031.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Philbert Turtle" Subject: Re: TMBG: holy crap Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 10:44:16 PDT >oh crap, are you guys freaking idiots?? To speak for the rest of the list: no. >what flower would they be??? ok, some of you people are cool, but >shit, you need to get a life. They're NOT freaking >Gods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who said they were gods? Being the person who asked the question in the first place, and also being the person who will also probably receive a lot of crap about the question, I would like to say: Flowers=God?? I don't see the connection. Besides, I asked the question to get something NEW and INTERESTING on the list, as so many people had complained about it being boring. With all this controversy over that question, I think that it did its job. >i like them too, but you shouldnt worship them & build freaking >shrines for them. Again: flowers and Madonna covers=worship?? I'm not seeing the connection here. >you REALLY turn people away from liking them, when they see how >INCREDIBLEY GAY so many of their fans are. sorry if i offend you, but >you make me sick. GET A FREAKING LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who does that? Who looks at a band and says: "You know, I really like their music, and their lyrics, and I really like this band. But, since their fans are a bit on the peculiar side, I can not like this band." Also, "so many of their fans?" I don't know how many people are on the list, but even if you include all of them in the "INCREDIBLY GAY" category, that still is a pathetic minority of the TMBG fans across the world. Patrick, or "How I Learned to Stop Complaining and Love TMBG" (Mr. Me, or at least a reasonable facsimile) "E-mail address: Crow@biteme.com."--Crow T. Robot ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33F4C480.7D17@ix.netcom.com> Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 14:05:04 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: TMBG: holy crap: one more thing I still think that you left out the most important (and may I add inane) question: boxers or briefs? Amanda ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33F4C3F8.7D38@ix.netcom.com> Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 14:02:48 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: TMBG: So it WAS Erville! Ahhh.... That makes perfect sense! I have heard of such demons. They're fun when you go on road trips, but they usually do get testy after a particularly strong cup a joe. It wasn't Nixon, everyone-it's Erville! The official List Demon!!! Amanda ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970815120753.00700dd8@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 12:08:12 -0700 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: A completely unbiased site recommendation >Ok, new question.....what do you guys think is the best TMBG site on the >net.. and please include the html so we can go check it out. The best TMBG site on the Net is the TMBG Fandom Test, at http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn/tmbg.html . Everyone go test yourselves. :) >oh crap, are you guys freaking idiots?? what flower would they be??? ok, >some of you people are cool, but shit, you need to get a life. They're >NOT freaking Gods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i like them too, but you shouldnt >worship them & build freaking shrines for them. Why not? I've got a TMBG shrine in my room (it faces towards Brooklyn, too) housing a coffee cup used by Linnell at the 3/13/97 concert in Palo Alto. I'm thinking of scrounging my sister's fabric bag for some scrap velvet to line the bottom. :) The John-worship on this list has a very tongue-in-cheek, almost self-mocking quality to it. We're over the top on purpose. :) At least, I am. A semi-TMBG (well, Mono Puff, anyway) related incident--I was at my Hazardous Waste Disposal Training yesterday, and the instructor passed out a sheet of non-hazardous wastes. (Interestingly enough, the Non-Hazardous Waste List is about 1/4 the length of the Extremely Hazardous Waste List. Make of this what you will.) One of the known Non-Hazardous Wastes is *drum roll please* tryptophan! Guess which song I had running through my head for the rest of the training... >I thought she did... Kelley's a he. :) The extra "e" makes his name masculine. (It could be worse, Kelley. I have a (male) cow orker named Lauren.) >Flans could sing "Material Girl" in that great falsetto of his. :) YES!! Ha! I would KILL to hear this. We should request it if they ever revive Stump The Band. >Or maybe it's a new age space travel motif. (Velcro was developed by >NASA.) Um... no. Lots of wondrous inventions can be traced to NASA (WD-40 comes to mind), but Velcro isn't one of them. It was invented late last century by a French dude, who noticed that burrs were constantly sticking to his clothes and who took that idea and ran with it. The very name "Velcro" is French-- VELours (lit. "velvet") and CROchet ("hook"). Generic Velcro is known as "hook and loop fastener," which is what NASA calls it when they don't spring for the gen-yew-ine stuff, made by Velcro Inc. It's true that we use lots and lots of Velcro (one of my job duties is gluing Velcro onto various pieces of spacelab equipment, and ripping said Velcro off of said equipment whenever the engineers change the designs, which happens about 1.8 million times per day, leading me and my cow orkers to suggest that perhaps the engineers would like to fab their OWN design changes, just to get a feel for the amount of work involved... but I digress), but NASA didn't invent it. Nearly forgot-- #include std_disclaimer --nicole the wonder nerd who thinks that TMBG would be a wildflower of some sort... underappreciated but lovely... *sigh* *** "They tore down the garage to make room for the torn-down garage."--They Might Be Giants Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn Public PGP key at http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn/key.html ncarlson@mail.arc.nasa.gov nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 15:10:00 -0400 (EDT) From: SadlyBear Subject: Re: TMBG: "gutless" listees? pretty words Message-ID: Hmm, personally, I think the word implode has become just a little too popular lately. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that. isn t there even that band the john spencer blues implosion? or is that something else. well whatever, to hell with implosion. ---------------------------------------------------------------- |ellenk@cmp.acquiesce.org \ Cold Meat Productions - Baltimore| | Sometimes I see myself fine. Sometimes I need a witness. | ---------------------------------------------------------------- On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Amanda Nichols wrote: > I just thought your post was kinda poetic. > It could be my warped, "i'm not driving again" state of mind, > but I thought I'd share. We could (maybe) make it into a song. > Personally, I think there aren't enough songs out there with the word > "implode" in it. Don't ya think? > Amanda > ------------------------------ From: Kamesennin@aol.com Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 15:19:00 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970815151643_564617118@emout17.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Re: Flower thread Hello... Just wanted to say that I agree with this guy, in principle. I wouldn't have said it in so many words, but some of the topics discussed so passionately on this list really are quite pathetic. Okay, at *least* "what kinda flower would they be?" is positive, but it's also laughably stupid. Though TMBG are my favorite band (Yes, the Beatles come second!!) I don't fawn about them like a silly obsessed schoolgirl. While I'm complaining, it also makes me nautious to hear everyone make "rules" for a mailing list. I would rather lurk for months and only pop up once in a while to make what I think is a worthwhile comment than to respond to every single message with "Uh-huh!" or "I don't know what flower they'd be, but I sure do think they're swell!" Going to go crawl back under my rock and lurk, -Geoff ------------------------------ From: tmbgdhutch@juno.com Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 15:38:34 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Crap Message-ID: <19970815.153834.3750.0.tmbgdhutch@juno.com> I am a lurker because if I don't have anything TMBG related to contribute, then I don't clutter the list with unrelated crap. My first few weeks on the list, I added crap and useless TMBG info. Now, I learned my lesson. Apparently some people didn't learn yet... Dave Hutchblah... "I would rather read nothing than read crap." ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: Tim Clark Subject: TMBG: ABCNEWS.Com is obviously TMBG crazy! Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 16:04:30 -0400 Look what I saw on the abcnews website! "...The landing site was chosen because it was the scene of a colossal flood billions of years ago. Scientists had been a little concerned that THEY MIGHT find themselves on a GIANT sand dune with little to look at, but they need not have worried. There are rocks everywhere, and there is some evidence that similar floods occurred there repeatedly." (emphasis mine) Case closed. --Cpdog ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 16:23:45 -0400 Message-Id: <199708152023.QAA18007@ussodyssey.ufp.org> From: The Denominator Subject: TMBG: The Denominator is Going away for a while Aloha, Well, it's about that time again. One more week until i get to leave this bottomless pit called "home" and go back to SCHOOL! Yay.. anyway.. this means that I will be suspending my bootleg trading for approximately 2 weeks while i ger unsettled, packed, moved, unpacked, and resettled. So, by the time you get this, i will no longer be setting up trades. Anything currently in progress will get done, but that's all for now. Anyway, if you would like to peruse my slowly-but-surely growing list, check it out at http://centum.utulsa.edu/~MAXWELLKD/www/boot.html Aloha, The Denominator ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 15:21:50 -0500 (CDT) From: Kim Justice Subject: TMBG: Roger Miller? Message-ID: I have to wonder if either John was exposed to Roger Miller's songs back in the '60s. I happened upon a radio station yesterday playing Miller's song "Flowers on the Wall" and was struck by the way the song's attitude fits in the Giants' world. The melody is very jaunty and upbeat while the lyrics are fairly depressing but mildly humorous at the same time: Counting flowers on the wall That don't bother me at all Playing solitaire till dawn With a deck of fifty-one Smoking cigarettes and watching Captain Kangaroo Now don't tell me I've nothing to do Other stanzas comment on how the narrator's eyes aren't used to the light anymore since he started living exclusively in his little room, and how he enjoys dressing up in a tux and going out on the town -- in his room. Other songs are similarly twisted, but that's the one lodged in memory at them moment... kj --justicek@edge.edge.net (Kim Justice) http://edge.edge.net/~justicek This could lead to excellence or serious injury. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 16:22:28 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: From: Trippy Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Flower thread At 19:18 -0000 8/15/97, Kamesennin@aol.com wrote: >Just wanted to say that I agree with this guy, in principle. I wouldn't have >said it in so many words, but some of the topics discussed so passionately on >this list really are quite pathetic. Okay, at *least* "what kinda flower >would they be?" is positive, but it's also laughably stupid. this kind of thinking baffles me... what are we supposed to do, discuss the hard hitting, serious issues pertaining to TMBG? of course the topics are a little ridiculus (sp?) i mean it seems only natural that people who listen to a lot of TMBG are going to come up with some pretty silly things to argue about and/or discuss... besides there are plenty of people out there who are a lot more passionate about a lot more pathetic things than TMBG and one more thing... you people that are complaining about the list being pathetic WHY ARE YOU HERE!?!? is someone feeding the messages directly into your brain, i mean if you don't like anything about the list, then just leave... bye now trippy ------------------------------ From: expo67@webtv.net Message-Id: <199708152033.NAA12512@mailtod-113.bryant.webtv.net> Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 15:33:24 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Conspiracy I think that TMBG represent something like "the hatred of the meanings of "big" words like "hippocrate" and "stereotype"". The goverment knows this and wants todays youths to be stupid so they stop radio stations from playing Thier songs (say no to allegory ,metaphore ,placebo ,mascerzde ,simile....). I also believe that TMBG is working to exploit crtain people. Sometimes I wonder if I would like some of Thier song if they weren't done by Them. Danny shapiro, the whole first paragraph was a joke (hopefully) ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 12:59:14 -0700 Subject: TMBG: Re: other groups... Message-ID: <19970815.134524.10606.1.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) >I request, nay demand, we all list the ammount/type of CD's in our >collections, >just to finish the debate. 1xDiscovery Alternative Sampler 1xAudio Adrenaline 2xBush 1xButthole Surfers 1xDGC Rarities 1xDogs of Peace 1xFoo Fighters 1xGrammatrain 1xJewel 1xMatchbox 20 1xMono Puff 1xNatalie Merchant 6xNirvana (1-No Alternative) 6(3)xBeatles Anthology 1xOasis 1xPattie Rothburg 1xPhenomenon Soundtrack 1xPresidents 1xPure Moods 1xRed Hot Chili Peppers 1xSheryl Crow 1xSeven Day Jesus 2xSoundgarden 2xSTP 9xThey Might Be Giants (1-MMPR) 1xToad the Wet Sprocket 2xTom Petty 1xWallflowers 1xWeezer 2xWeird Al 1xX-files Soundtrack Josh Nielsen jnielsen69@juno.com http://www.angelfire.com/or/jnielsen/ http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Studio/4091 ICQ #1337243 ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 17:07:50 -0400 (EDT) From: Elitza Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: other groups... Message-ID: Hey/hay, First, notice how I'm replying to the post WITHOUT sending it to the person who wrote the original post. Second, here are the CDs in my room right now (I have more, but I don't feel like getting them out of the family room): Led Zeppelin: II, III, IV, Houses of the Holy Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here (belonging to someone else), A Collection of Great Dance Songs (a good starter album for new Floydians) the Grateful Dead: American Beauty Bob Dylan: Greatest Hits Vol. 3 TMBG: SEXXY-3, SEXXY-5, Apollo 18, Flood (somehwere...), FS Waverly Choirs: Festival '96, Christmas '96, Festival '97 Pearl Jam: Ten Eric Clapton: Unplugged, Cream of Clapton (both excellent) X-Files: Songs in the Key of X I think that's it...my room is very messy, though, and I very well could have more under the piles of stuff. OK. Let's all remember what we learned when we were 3 (or at least, we SHOULD have learned at 3). If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. Or, in other wording, Do to others what you want them to do to you. It isn't that hard, folks. Just be nice. Respect your fellow listies. And don't go around gratuitously calling people names. I know we can do it! Elitza Nicolaou can be reached at or Visit her (please!) at http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Quad/1317/ "Just mind your p's and q's buster, and remember who you're dealing with." -"Ferris Bueller's Day Off" ------------------------------ From: XAnaNgx@aol.com Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 17:22:48 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970815172246_721238980@emout11.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: conspiracy i think you're on to that conspiracy thing. i remember i was in my collage caffeteria (a conspiracy in its own) and they started playing music by request. after about a week i worked up the nerve to ask them to play TMBG, and the guy in charge responded with, "we can't play that polka crap here." notice... he didn't say, "we don't play that polka crap here" no. said CAN'T. like it was forbidden or something. like it was braking some music code. or maybe i'm just paranoid- lily ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19970815213514.260.rocketmail@send1.rocketmail.com> Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 14:35:14 -0700 (PDT) From: The Almighty Cookie Subject: TMBG: I am back This time, I swear Listies- Sorry I haven't been all too participatory . I waded thru some 440 messages and DAMN! I'm lost. Have TMBG started touring again or what? Did anything happen while I was in limbo? Another marriage/band member lost or gained? A divorce? The return of Brian Doherty? Mike Leffel, email me if you're still here. Oh- How can I get my hands on a video collection? (Not thru the info club.) Love you guys, Stasi _____________________________________________________________________ Sent by RocketMail. Get your free e-mail at http://www.rocketmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 16:34:06 -0500 (CDT) From: Jim Subject: TMBG: Hey, so what if I'M not wearing any . . . Message-ID: On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Amanda Nichols wrote: > I still think that you left out the most important (and may I add inane) > question: > boxers or briefs? Definitly boxers. I can almost see the Johns in a new music video, doing a funky dance in nothing but their boxers. Then again, I can see alot of singers/musicians doing funky dances in nothing but boxer shorts. I really need to stop watching MTV all day . . . =] Jim -"Nothing is as frustrating as arguing with someone who knows what he's talking about." Sam Ewing- ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 16:46:12 -0500 (CDT) From: Jim Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Flower thread Message-ID: On Fri, 15 Aug 1997 Kamesennin@aol.com wrote: > Just wanted to say that I agree with this guy, in principle. I wouldn't have > said it in so many words, but some of the topics discussed so passionately on > this list really are quite pathetic. Okay, at *least* "what kinda flower > would they be?" is positive, but it's also laughably stupid. Though TMBG are > my favorite band (Yes, the Beatles come second!!) I don't fawn about them > like a silly obsessed schoolgirl. While I'm complaining, it also makes me > nautious to hear everyone make "rules" for a mailing list. I would rather > lurk for months and only pop up once in a while to make what I think is a > worthwhile comment than to respond to every single message with "Uh-huh!" or > "I don't know what flower they'd be, but I sure do think they're swell!" I'm subscribed to two mailing lists at the moment, this one and another (no, I'm not tellin' which one). On the other list, we normally argue over different scientific principles, flame each other, and do rather rude things all around. While I enjoy that immensely for a while, I like sitting back after sorting through it all, and reading through the easy listening posts from THIS list. Buuuuut . . . you people are trying to spoil it for everyone! TMBG fans are supposed to be a little off kilter! That's what makes us different from the rest of the crowd! That's what makes us stand out! (Well, the purple toupees and prosthetic foreheads probably help, too, but that's besides the point!) We like weird stuff, and we shall continue to talk about weird stuff! Besides, you'd be suprised how little it takes to amuse me. If you'll excuse me, I have a flyswatter that needs to be swung around for awhile. *B^) Jim -Hey, I Might Be A Redneck!- ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 18:02:18 EST From: "Tim: bringing joy through allstus!" Message-ID: <009B8D2D.D56718E0.28@kenyon.edu> Subject: TMBG: Gov't Plot Maybe there is, leading to the lyrics for "I Should Be Allowed to Think". But it doesn't always work. Two weeks ago, on the way home from work, I heard "Pet Name" on a local college radio station (WERG, Gannon University, Erie, PA). And just Monday night, I caught the last third of "Istanbul" on the very same one. They're out there! Cancer (spelling?) sores, definitely, because while it makes it harder to eat and drink, you can still get yo mack on! In other words, engage in a little tribute to SEXXY. What kind of flower? Johnny Jump-ups. Those little purple, yellow, and white flowers that just sort of pop out in the empty spaces in your garden -- not noticed by everyone, attractive, but distinctly pleasing and definitely not mainstream. TimbopalooboparimdingKABLAM! ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 17:08:07 -0500 (CDT) From: Jim Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: other groups... Message-ID: >I request, nay demand, we all list the ammount/type of CD's in our >collections, just to finish the debate. Okay, I don't have my CDs with me at the moment, so I'll try to list them from memory. This list will, of course, be in no particular order except which ones I remember first. TMBG: Factory Showroom. Then: The Earlier Years (borrowed, actually, but I let the guy borrow five dollars to pay for it, anyway) TMBG: Miscellaneous T (only half mine, the other guy has it right at the moment) Tank Girl Soundtrack Rocky Horror Picture Show Soundtrack Highlights from the Rocky Horror Show (the play, not the movie) Jewel: Pieces of You Shawn Colvin: Sunny Came Home (single) Third Eye Blind: Semi-Charmed Life (single) The Wallflowers: Bringing Down the Horse The Eagles: Greatest Hits, Volume 1 The Tractors The Crow Soundtrack No Doubt No Doubt: Tragic Kingdom R.E.M: Automatic For the People R.E.M: No. 5 Document Collective Soul: Precious Declerations (single) Savage Garden: I Want You (single) Hanson: MMMBop (single) Marylin Manson: Smell the Children Nine Inch Nails: Broken Nine Inch Nails: Further Down the Spiral White Zombie: Super Sexy Swinging Sounds Billy Joel's Greatest Hits, Vol. 1 & 2 The Forrest Gump Soundtrack The Doors Greatest Hits (I think . . . I think I lost this one, actually) Cyndi Lauper: 12 Deadly Cyns Um . . . that's all the CDs I can remember from memory. There are a few more, I know, but I don't have 'em with me at the moment. Besides, why just stick with CDs? Some of my best stuff is on cassette tapes! TMBG: John Henry TMBG: They Might Be Giants TMBG: Apollo 18 & Flood (they're on two sides of the same tape, but (horrorr of horrors!) I can't find the tape!) R.E.M.: Green R.E.M.: Monster The Presidents of the United States of America Supermixes (two of these, self-named . . . they're just recordings of some of my favorite songs, mostly stolen from my friends' CDs . . . stuff like Two Princes by the Spin Doctors, the song by the Cranberries that was on the Woodstock '94 Cd (can't remember the name), Breakfast at Tiffiny's (can't remember the BAND'S name!), one of the versions of the X-Files theme, Loser by Beck, etc. etc.) I have Pop Goes the World by Men Without Hats somewhere around here. Billy Joel's We Didn't Start the Fire The Bangles' Walk Like an Egyptian A bunch of oldies (mostly '60s and '70s stuff) from the radio. Jim -Through the mirror of my mind, time after time, I see reflections of my message.- ------------------------------ From: Kamesennin@aol.com Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 18:39:41 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970815183939_363608855@emout07.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Flower thread <> I can deal with pathetic. -geoff ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970815185105.006a0c3c@mail.awod.com> Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 18:51:05 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Tongue-Zine interview Has anyone else listened to the great interview with Flansburgh on tongue-zine.com? Quite a bit of info turned up in it...the 3 things that stuck out in my mind were: 1) The new Mono Puff record is pretty much finished, and it's being shopped around now. It's *not* going to be on Ryko. 2) Don't hold your breath waiting for "Superfueled Freaksicle". :) 3) The rumors about the next LP coming out anytime soon are completely unfounded. I also got the impression that the songs that didn't make it on Factory Showroom will be re-recorded...he also said several of those tracks won't be on the next LP, like "Rat Patrol". There's a lot more in there...so go there now! :) TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: LOADTMBG@aol.com Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 19:43:31 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970815194326_2047133196@emout16.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Tour Dates! I was just at TICKETMASTER ONLINE and of course I looked up TMBG. I found some new dates: 9/9/97.............Stone Balloon..............Newark,DE 9/13/97...........Theatre Of Living Arts....Philadelphia,PA besides: 13/31/97.........Chance........................Poughkeepsie,NY The ones on TMBG.com are still: 9/15/97..........Webster Theater............Hartford,CT 9/6/97............Hatch Shell...................Boston,MA 9/11/97..........Duke University..............Durham,NC LOADTMBG :) ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 20:06:27 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: From: Trippy Subject: TMBG: september shows, tension and hostility so who's going to the either of the two shows up north on the 5th and 6th... BTW what ever happened to that survey... i assume it was never finished or put up on the web because no one ever told me it was... oh well does anyone even remember the survey? now that i think about it i know why there's been so much tension and hostility on the list... it's because there haven't been any shows in the last few months, when They're touring everyone can talk about going to the shows and talk about what happened at the shows and such show related stuff... i myself am sure that in suffering from TMBG live show withdrawal... thank god it will be over soon... >>I request, nay demand, we all list the ammount/type of CD's in our >>collections, just to finish the debate. i'll just list what i have at work with me TMBG - T:TEY TMBG - FS TMBG - JH TMBG - Apollo 18 Stevie Ray Vaughan - Greatest Hits Maceo Parker - Life on the Planet Groove Huey Lewis - Four Chords and Several Years Ago Weezer - Pinkerton Kula Shaker - K Phish - Junta (disc 1) Matthew Sweet - Blue Sky on Mars The Reverend Horton Heat - It's Martini Time Mono Puff - Unsupervised i'm embarassed by the fact that i have no ska cds with me :( what have been thinking... trippy ------------------------------ From: MrShow@aol.com Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 20:17:59 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970815201759_2080693330@emout19.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Dr. Worm I love the new TMBG movie "Dr. Worm" it' s so great. I think its better than "I'm Not Your Broom." Jake TMBG Stands for They Might Be Giants http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/7824 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199708160049.UAA26543@mail1.visi.net> From: "S. Bergeron" Subject: Re: TMBG: Hey, so what if I'M not wearing any . . . Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 20:49:04 -0400 I disagree....considering Flansburgh's affinity for horizontally striped, 5 year-old kiddy-like shirts, briefs go naturally right along. -----Original Message----- From: Jim To: TMBG Mailing List Subject: TMBG: Hey, so what if I'M not wearing any . . . On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Amanda Nichols wrote: > I still think that you left out the most important (and may I add inane) > question: > boxers or briefs? Definitly boxers. I can almost see the Johns in a new music video, doing a funky dance in nothing but their boxers. Then again, I can see alot of singers/musicians doing funky dances in nothing but boxer shorts. I really need to stop watching MTV all day . . [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/x-vcard)] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199708160058.UAA27933@mail1.visi.net> From: "S. Bergeron" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: other groups... Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 20:57:50 -0400 Currently in the ol' changer... Cart 1: Various Artists: XTC: A Testimonial Dinner Frank Black: Frank Black Frank Black: Teenager of the Year Frank Black: Cult of Ray They Might Be Giants: S-E-X-X-Y Monty Python Sings Cart 2: Live: Throwing Copper Warren Zevon: I'll Sleep When I'm Dead (2 discs) Warren Zevon: Learning to Flinch They Might Be Giants: Then: The Earlier Years Cart 3: Crash Test Dummies: God Shuffled His Feet Adam Sandler: They're All Gonna Laugh at You Various Artists: Dumb & Dumber Soundtrack Various Artists: Brain Candy Soundtrack Hanson: Middle of Nowhere (not really, the rest is empty) Jack Bergeron idiotnot@visi.net bluedawg@tmbg.org http://www.monopuff.org/~bluedawg "If god had wanted us to be brave, why did he give us legs?"--Marvin Kitman, GOP '60 presidential candidate Listen to me on the radio! 91.5 FM Tuesdays and Thursdays 4-8 PM. Yorktown, VA [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/x-vcard)] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970815212513.006980f8@mail.awod.com> Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 21:25:13 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Dr. Worm I'm guessing this is the Dr. Worm that Flans was talking about in the Tongue Zine interview... THAT IS GREAT!!! Wow, that's a great video and an incredible song! TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 20:20:41 -0500 (CDT) From: "Jon Misc." Subject: TMBG: my CDs Message-ID: I've been reading the lists of music everyone has and have decided to add my own. TMBG: They Might Be Giants TMBG: Lincoln TMBG: Flood (the CD and a taped copy) TMBG: Miscellaneous T. (half mine, applause for who can guess who owns the other half) TMBG: Apollo 18 TMBG: John Henry TMBG: Factory Showroom TMBG: Then: The Early Years (Hmm. It's loaned out. Oh well, he lent me $5 to pay for it) Nine Inch Nails: Pretty Hate Machine Nine Inch Nails: Broken Nine Inch Nails: Fixed Nine Inch Nails: The Downward Spiral Nine Inch Nails: Closer to God Nine Inch Nails: The Perfect Drug (the re-mix album) Nine Inch Nails: Further Down the Spiral (UK version, borrowed from the guy who has my copy of T:TEY, hmm. . .) Lost Highway Soundtrack Green Day: Dookie (where is that one? . . .) Marilyn Manson: Smells Like Children Marilyn Manson: Antichrist Superstar Jewel: Pieces of You (borrowed) Jewel: You Were Meant For Me (the only single I have, I think) Oasis: (What's the Story) Morning Glory? A bunch of mix tapes I've compiled from the radio. Which reminds me, I might have the original version of Istanbul. That list covers both tapes and CDs, in case I didn't mention it up there at the beginning (sp?) of this. Ciao. Jon Misc. Putting the 'fan' back in 'fanatic' :) ------------------------------ From: NoraChica@aol.com Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 21:35:16 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970815213511_-602989746@emout12.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: holy crap: one more thing << I still think that you left out the most important (and may I add inane) question: boxers or briefs? Amanda >> Hmmmm.. the professor seems like a more serious type of dude... definitely briefs and possibly a couple pair of conservative plaid maybe boxers.... Now Jack... wild neon red colored boxers with smiley faces all the way!!!!!! NoraChica :) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19970815220318.006d0e80@mail.ee.net> Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 22:03:18 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Request Hello, hello, I'm back again. But not really. I read through a couple archived digests from the last few days, and decided not to resubscribe just yet, but I still need to quench my thirst for TMBG News. So, if someone (someone well-informed) could please email me whatever info is to be had about the new Mono Puff album (still "Imaginary Freind"?), Superfueled Freaksicle (any new developments?), the new TMBG album (release date? songs? title?). Any info on any of this would be appreciated. Thanks. -ec ------------------------------ From: NoraChica@aol.com Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 22:11:49 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970815221147_-1202692373@emout03.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Hat Shell I just want to see how many of you are going to their show on September 6th??? Drop me a line ...... NoraChica :) NoraChica@aol.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970815221217.0069da24@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 22:12:17 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Request No problem! I just listened to an interview with Flansie from Aug. 11, and here's what I learned. :) 1) Mono Puff - they're off Ryko. The latest album is pretty much finished, but they're still shopping it around. 2) TMBG - despite the rumors, the next LP isn't going to be around anytime soon. The incredible Dr. Worm from http://www.tmbg.com is going to be on it, though, and so will Older. Some of the other tracks like "Rat Patrol" aren't going to be on there (THEN AND NOW exclusive! :), and most will undergo some sort of change ("On The Drag" will become a folk rock song!)... They have around 12 songs written that they're rehearsing, and they're going to probably write a dozen more. From that pile, they're going to pick the best and use it on the LP. No official title. Things like "Insect Hospital" and "Alien Autopsy" are just titles the Johns use to freak out everyone else in the band. :) 3) SF-FS - John says there are some good songs on there, but he's reluctant to release it because it's really only for hardcore fans. Wow, you missed a lot. ;) Actually, I learned all this today, and you can listen to the Tongue Zine interview at http://www.tongue-zine.com BE SURE----to go to tmbg.com and get the new Dr. Worm video. It's a great video and a wonderful song. TTYL, -Adam At 10:03 PM 8/15/97 -0400, you wrote: >Hello, hello, I'm back again. But not really. > > I read through a couple archived digests from the last few days, and >decided not to resubscribe just yet, but I still need to quench my thirst >for TMBG News. So, if someone (someone well-informed) could please email me >whatever info is to be had about the new Mono Puff album (still "Imaginary >Freind"?), Superfueled Freaksicle (any new developments?), the new TMBG >album (release date? songs? title?). > Any info on any of this would be appreciated. > >Thanks. >-ec > > /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: LOADTMBG@aol.com Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 22:16:31 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970815221624_-934754921@emout19.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Tour Dates Sorry what I ment to write was: 12/31/97.........Chance................Poughkeepsie,NY LOADTMBG :) ------------------------------ From: Jordan1c@aol.com Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 22:23:12 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970815222310_2047127672@emout11.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Dr.Worm!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dr.Worm is so cool! EVERYONE DOWNLOAD IT! Oh man, ive never been happier then watching this. Its 1000000 times better than I Am Not Your Broom! A whole new Linnell song/video! Ooooooooh!!!!!! (Had to get that out!) "im not a real doctor but i am a real worm i am an actual worm, i live like a worm" Jordan ------------------------------ From: YeahSpoon@aol.com Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 22:27:00 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970815222700_921052050@emout15.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Re:gramer deer listyies: Sumtimes i can be lurking but when I cnat avoyd pasting to you geies. (sp?) I luve reeddnig my tmgb liss digist evryday and cnat weight four me today one. Ounce in a wile i note a bad gramer like a misspelling or punkation marck doing bad. I cnat figire owt wy peple wont spel gooder. Those seem liek fools whin they're e-mails are bad gramerically. Im conserned that USAs peple and espeshally TMGB fans cnat spel or rite a exsellent lejibul sintinse. ~Lerker Jim (AKA ~Andrew making an attempt at humer.) ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 21:33:07 -0500 (CDT) From: Jim Subject: TMBG: CD List, continued. Message-ID: Okay, finally got all my CDs back, so if anyone is interested, here's the rest of the list. Uh, guys? Where are you going? Guys, my CDs are really intersesting! Really! =] Batman Forever Soundtrack Oasis: (What's the Story) Morning Glory? Green Day: Kerplunk Green Day: 1,039/smoothed-out Slap Happy Hours Green Day: Dookie Green Day: Insomniac Eagles: Hotel California Various Artists: Come Together (America Salutes the Beatles) The Black Crowes: $hake Your Money Maker Jingle Cats (yes, Jingle Cats) Uh, that's it, I believe. At least, that's all of them that I listen to and can find at the moment. Jim -nuqDaq yuch Dapol? (Translation from Klingon: "Where do you keep the chocolate?")- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19970816024140.13703.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Philbert Turtle" Subject: TMBG: The Lurking Complainers Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 19:41:40 PDT Now, I know there are some lurkers out there who don't really care what people are saying, and they're not complaining, so if you're one of those, just disregard the rest of this post. To those who are complaining: As long as you're not saying something intentionally rude and offensive, I think you can say whatever you want. It's called free speech. It's called America. Get used to it. Patrick, or "How I Learned to Stop Complaining and Love TMBG" (Mr. Me, or at least a reasonable facsimile) "Oh bite me, it's fun!"--TV's Frank ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: Saquing@aol.com Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 23:07:02 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970815230700_-1471524986@emout10.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Flower thread Well, some people can take criticism, others can't. But before we even get into that, remember "They should really change the subject once in a while"? That was a joke. In fact, my 11-year-old sister made that joke, and we both had a good laugh over it. OF COURSE this list talks about one subject incessantly; it's a THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS mailing list! Ha-ha-ha. Try it. And secondly, do not hand me that lurkers-have-no-right line. I don't remember signing a contract that requires me to post to be a member of this list nor states implicitly that I will be inferior to you if I don't. The reason why we, who don't love everything about this list, won't just leave is that we don't hate everything about this list either. But perhaps I missed the "complete adulation only" sign at the door. Thirdly, I agree that it is natural for people who follow tmbg to come up with fun silly topics. But it is grossly unnatural for those same people to be uptight, hostile, and close-minded. And lastly, this of course is only addressed to the people on the list who reacted defensively and rabidly to my view. To all others, a friendly hello. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-227 ******************************