Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-23 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 23 Friday, 24 January 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: anyone here? TMBG: The assignment TMBG: OMLT design.... TMBG: oops Re: TMBG: OMLT design.... Re: TMBG: Space TMBG: Kit Kat Interview with ***new live stuff*** TMBG: Swinging World We've Got TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-22 TMBG: RE: European tour dates? TMBG: rollingstone picture Re: TMBG: Stuff Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-22 Re: TMBG: Swinging World We've Got TMBG: Istanbul single Re: TMBG: Istanbul single TMBG: Maine Re: TMBG: Istanbul single TMBG: Sadly the Cross-Eyed Bear TMBG: ep's TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-22 TMBG: Singles, a stange tale Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-22 Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-22 Re: TMBG: Maine Re: TMBG: Sadly the Cross-Eyed Bear Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-22 Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-22 Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-22 TMBG: Wingroove- MAKES TMBG MIDS SOUND COOL! Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-22 Non-TMBG: Double Decker Love Bus Re: TMBG: Wingroove- MAKES TMBG MIDS SOUND COOL! TMBG: Re: the Guitar Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-22 Re: Non-TMBG: Double Decker Love Bus Re: TMBG: Wingroove- MAKES TMBG MIDS SOUND COOL! Re: TMBG: tmbg photo Re: TMBG: rollingstone picture Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: CyburDog@aol.com Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 03:35:58 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970122230642_173879922@emout15.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Re: anyone here? HEY! all you crazies!! it's the TMB(do)G with an inquiry.... Does anyone live near the Newport New area of Virginia? I was just wondering because I really don't have the moola to send tapes in the mail to get bootlegs... So i figured that maybe if there is someone there we could meet at PHMall and exchange tapes.. if not.. I guess I can send the tapes... I have some monies stshed away.. That is all, TMB(do)G "...it's not the same sound. Take you by the hand as I pull you around. I hear your voice and they watered you down..."- The Connells P.S. IF ANYONE CAN GET ME A COPY OF LIVE!! IN NEW YORK, I WILL PAY!!!!!!!! P.P.S. E.Kao... You still out there? ------------------------------ From: ZippyKelp@aol.com Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 03:54:33 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970123012627_1244969460@emout08.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: The assignment I have a question... er, request, to make of all of you who are bound by the chains of TMBG articles. Break free! Send them all to me! In all seriousness, hello, I need your help. You see, I will have a termpaper to do on my favorite modern musical artist for a class, and of course I chose TMBG. The problem is, I doubt any published books exist on Them, so I have to rely on magazine articles and the like. Unfortunately, I don't have any! So, I would very, very, very much appreciate it if any of you who have these would send them (only text is necessary, but pictures are nice, too) with their source clearly stated (and information that I'd need for a citation like year, publisher, writer, issue, volume, page, etc....). Or, if you know of an article tht is in a magazine currently or recently released but do not in fact own a copy, I would appreciate it if you could tell me what that is so I can, after reading it several billion times for my own pleasure, incorporate it into my work. When completed, I'll put it up on my page and it will rock. Deadline: I don't have one yet, so I don't see why it is necessary for you to stick to a specific date. But chances are I will need the info in the next month or so. And if there has been info like this already passed around on the list due in a FAQ or a page or something like that, I apologize, but I rarely get time to read the entire digests. So, I'd appreciate it if anything directed towards me was mailed TO me, as to both not to disturb listies more than I already have and so I will definitely get it. That's about it. I thank you all in advance for your help, my teacher will give me an A and a publishing contract when I'm done with this baby! Thanks again, Mark (Zippy Kelp@aol.com) (http://members.aol.com/ZippyKelp/index.html) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <32E78161.1B65@tmbg.org> Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 07:18:57 -0800 From: Green Jello Subject: TMBG: OMLT design.... ok.... a while back someone made the design i have linked below. who did it. i didn't do it and don't claim to, but i like it & would vote for it. step foward you get person you! front: http://w3.one.net/~jkl/images/tmbg6.gif back: http://w3.one.net/~jkl/images/tmbg5.gif -- Green Jello "So I'll be sure to stay wary of you, love, to save the pain of, Once my flame and twice my burn" - "Shadowboxer" Fiona Apple http://w3.one.net/~jkl/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <32E781A8.F99@tmbg.org> Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 07:20:08 -0800 From: Green Jello Subject: TMBG: oops did i say "get person".... if i did i meant great person -- Green Jello "So I'll be sure to stay wary of you, love, to save the pain of, Once my flame and twice my burn" - "Shadowboxer" Fiona Apple http://w3.one.net/~jkl/ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 07:53:52 -0500 (EST) From: Tom Hare Subject: Re: TMBG: OMLT design.... Message-ID: YayyyyyY!!!!!!!! That's my design from the last time that I couldn't find anywhere! :)( Actually though, I have updated the tickets to look better, and I don't know if "the lady" works right, but anyways, I'm gonna send it off to evan chakroff. * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- On Thu, 23 Jan 1997, Green Jello wrote: > ok.... a while back someone made the design i have linked below. > who did it. i didn't do it and don't claim to, but i like it & > would vote for it. step foward you get person you! > > front: > http://w3.one.net/~jkl/images/tmbg6.gif > > back: > http://w3.one.net/~jkl/images/tmbg5.gif > > -- > Green Jello > "So I'll be sure to stay wary of you, love, to save the pain of, > Once my flame and twice my burn" - "Shadowboxer" Fiona Apple > http://w3.one.net/~jkl/ > ------------------------------ From: C M Stanger Subject: Re: TMBG: Space Message-Id: Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 13:10:03 +0000 () On Wed, 22 Jan 1997 10:45:36 +0000 Mark Iles wrote: > > >From: Josh Mooney > >Subject: TMBG: best show > > > >Anyone heard of the new band Space, out of England? > > > >Just wondering, > > > yes, I have and they're damned good. I just got their album and can reccomend it, especially the last track. Oh dear, I'd better make this relavant to tmbg or I'll get FLAMED HORRIFICALLY. er, ok, It's called Spiders (the album that is) will that do? chrissy x > ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 09:55:18 -0500 (EST) From: Benjamin Hauck Subject: TMBG: Kit Kat Interview with ***new live stuff*** Message-ID: Ben or Been here. A kindly guy playing _Hamlet_ this quarter doubles as the director of programming here at the college radio station. He says he just got an interview disc for a new program I think he called "Kit Kat," which will be broadcast on different stations. He said TMBG plays songs that they say had not yet even been recorded (!), and it's about a half-hour long. Also on the disc are the groups The Cheese and Duncan Sheik. I might get it today, but my hopes aren't high on getting it today. I'll keep you posted! Maybe I can transcibe the interview for the Digest. Dedicatedly, Ben or Been ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 10:00:20 -0500 (EST) From: Benjamin Hauck Subject: TMBG: Swinging World We've Got Message-ID: Ben or Been here, apologizing for the multiple post. Sorry. I forgot to ask: Does anyone know where TMBG got the song "We've Got A World That Swings"? They didn't write it, so I'm wondering if they pulled it from a musical or something. Help me. I need help. Luv, Ben or Been ------------------------------ From: relph@mando.engr.sgi.com (John Relph) Message-Id: <9701230827.ZM25642@mando.engr.sgi.com> Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 08:27:30 -0800 Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-22 wglodell@baraboo.com (Wyatt Glodell) asked: > > i went to cdnow.com and they had no singles besides WDTSS? and >SEXXY, so wheres the guitar? ntodd@uvm-gen.emba.uvm.edu (Nathan Todd) said: > >I looked up TmBg in CDNOW, and they don't have *any* version of the guitar >single listed, at least not where I could see... Well, *I* went to CDNow and looked up "They Might Be Giants", and amongst a large number of other releases I found this: They Might Be Giants -- Guitar (The Lion Sleeps Tonight) [EP] 1992 Tracks 1. Guitar [williamsburgh Mix] 2. Guitar [outer Planet Mix] 3. Welcome to the Jungle 4. I Blame You 5. Moving to the Sun 6. Guitar [even Further Outer Planet Mix] Aha! But don't feel stupid. What you have to do is first go to the "Find Music" page, and then select the "Include All-Music Guide discography" Formatting Option, then do the search. -- John ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 19:05:03 +0100 (MET) Organization: None From: Daniel Rodrigues Parreira Subject: TMBG: RE: European tour dates? D Robertson wrote: >There aren't any European tour dates as yet, chances are they won't be >announced until FS gets released over here, it may be worth noting that >most people have said that there's a reasonable chance of them touring in >March and, on the Web site there's a big gap with no dates announced in >surprise, surprise March. FS has just been released in the Netherlands. I don't know if this is just a Dutch release or a real European release. --Daniel ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 12:01:14 -0500 From: gonzalez@vitaliy.harvard.edu (David Gonzalez) Message-Id: <199701231701.MAA00759@vitaliy> Subject: TMBG: rollingstone picture There's a picture of "white boy" Linnell in RollingStone magazine on-line. Here's the URL: http://www.rollingstone.com/GalleryLive.phtml The "white boy" quote is RollingStone's, not mine. drg ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 10:01:33 -0800 (PST) From: Cory Calhoun Subject: Re: TMBG: Stuff Message-Id: Regarding James Joyce: I can't say that I've ever read any of his work, per se, but I did portray him in a scene from the Tom Stoppard play "Travesties." He (I) had several great lines that would fit nicely into the realm of TMBG lyrical wordplay. (But I had to do it in an Irish brogue, which made saying the word "conjunctivitis" mighty hard.) Cory ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970123143709.0069f98c@popd.ix.netcom.com> Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 14:37:12 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-22 >Aha! But don't feel stupid. What you have to do is first go to the >"Find Music" page, and then select the "Include All-Music Guide >discography" Formatting Option, then do the search. Aha! But you can't buy it through CDNow! Maybe people can help me, are there any other online stores that DO have THe Guitar for sale? Also, I'm looking for Live In NY CD, if anyone has a place I can get it from. -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org This is not a sig. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 15:19:35 -0500 Message-Id: <199701232019.PAA27448@MNSi.Net> From: John DeMarco Subject: Re: TMBG: Swinging World We've Got At 10:00 23/01/97 -0500, you wrote: > >Ben or Been here, apologizing for the multiple post. Sorry. > >I forgot to ask: >Does anyone know where TMBG got the song "We've Got A World That Swings"? >They didn't write it, so I'm wondering if they pulled it from a musical or >something. > >Help me. I need help. > >Luv, >Ben or Been > > > > I know that Jerry Lewis sings this song in the original Nutty Professor but I imagine that the tune did not originate there. -Vince ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 14:47:27 -0600 (CST) From: beelersj@SLU.EDU Subject: TMBG: Istanbul single Message-id: I found the Istanbul single at www.fmsingles.com. It is $5.98 and "product is currently available." sara ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199701232101.QAA13578@nfs1.jvnc.net> From: "Harlan Landes" Subject: Re: TMBG: Istanbul single Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 16:04:34 -0500 > I found the Istanbul single at www.fmsingles.com. It is $5.98 and > "product is currently available." Has anyone ordered from fmsingles before?? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970123160209.006a5e00@popd.ix.netcom.com> Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 16:02:55 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Maine Is it just me, or is The Beatles' Good Day Sunshine very simmilar structurally to Maine from state songs? -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970123161017.006a3d74@popd.ix.netcom.com> Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 16:10:38 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: Istanbul single At 02:47 PM 1/23/97 -0600, you wrote: > >I found the Istanbul single at www.fmsingles.com. It is $5.98 and >"product is currently available." Oh... neat-o. I'm gonna order that and BTS, cause I want to have those on CD, and the info club is too slow. Anyone know where I can get The Guitar?? ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 15:21:20 -0600 (CST) From: Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: TMBG: Sadly the Cross-Eyed Bear Message-ID: Whee, I have about five minutes to write.... I think I asked this once already, but it was long, long ago and nobody seemed to notice. :) Anyway, this summer I found out that my local library carries a children's book called Sadly the Cross-Eyed Bear. Has anybody else seen or heard of this? Since the book was written in 1994 or something, I want so desperately to think that it's a TMBG reference, but I have a sinking feeling that this is just another pop culture reference, albeit an obscure one that I've never heard of. Does anybody else know where this comes from? Oh, and I'd just like to add my support for Beck. I'm not a really huge fan or anything, but I admire the experimental way he works. There's a good article on him in the January issue of SPIN, incidentally. Oops, I gotta go to anthropology now.... Oh, and Mike--that was crazy that you added your info club number at the end of your post, because I was just thinking of that too! I mean, hey, if the MSTies do it, why can't we? :) --Tara MSTie #74191 and TMBGer #38978 *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* * Tara Weber | "eVeRy jUMbLeD PiLe oF peRSoN hAs a * * 00085244@bigred.unl.edu| tHiNKiNg paRt tHaT woNdeRs wHat tHe paRt * * Ondine@tmbg.org | tHaT isN't tHiNkinG iSn't tHiNKiNg oF." * * | --tHeY MiGhT bE giAnTS * *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*http://members.tripod.com/~TaraW-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 16:32:38 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970123154759_274169937@emout04.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: ep's I've never ordered any online, but I went to a local used/new cd store and he ordered Back to Skull and WDTSS for me to buy. It's probably the same anywhere if you have a good store around.. sarah :) linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal "Don't open the cheese!" - Steven Page, BNL ------------------------------ Message-Id: <9701232224.AA25632@ainet.com> From: "Lansers & Heaths" Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-22 Date: Mon, 23 Jan 1995 14:19:58 -0800 how might i go about getting an TMBG catalog?? also, how do i send messages in like the other people in the newsletter are?? Thanks Nick ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 17:48:48 -0400 From: Merciless@vt.edu (McGing "the Merciless") Subject: TMBG: Singles, a stange tale Hello all, I recently returned from winter break. Over break I got the S-E-X-X-Y single, and I love it, especialy Unforgotten, it brings a tear to the eye. Noew the odd part, I went to a place called Olsen's Books and Records, looked inaround, and was quite pleasently surprised by some of the indie releases they had. So I get to the They section, and I saw WDTSS, brand new, there it was in it's celephane, I gleefully went up to the register and bought it, I got int the car with a friend to go home. Before she started the car I (not able to stand the anticipation any more) ripped the celephane off opened the case, and there inside was ... NOTHING. It was compleatly empty, I had to go backt to the store and get my money back for they had only the one copy, and I wouldn't have been in town long enough to bother oredering one. Arrrrggggghhhh, life can be so cruel. McGing "the Merciless" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Life's Short and hard like a body building elf" - The Blood Hound Gang ------------------------------ From: wglodell@baraboo.com (Wyatt Glodell) Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-22 Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 17:51:22 -0600 Message-ID: <19970123235118885.AAB334@ppp36.baraboo.com> >Well, *I* went to CDNow and looked up "They Might Be Giants", and >amongst a large number of other releases I found this: > > They Might Be Giants -- Guitar (The Lion Sleeps Tonight) [EP] 1992 > > Tracks > 1. Guitar [williamsburgh Mix] > 2. Guitar [outer Planet Mix] > 3. Welcome to the Jungle > 4. I Blame You > 5. Moving to the Sun > 6. Guitar [even Further Outer Planet Mix] > >>>>Aha! But don't feel stupid. What you have to do is first go to the >>>>"Find Music" page, and then select the "Include All-Music Guide >>>>discography" Formatting Option, then do the search. > > -- John > If you had to do that then they dont have it to order, that just means that it searched the all music guide and found it, not that they have it.... So i dont feel stupid... andway, the adress is : www.cd-time.com (which mr James W Matthews told me) and its all in canadian... so i cant remember how much it costs to order it all... it said 7.95, that also have I P I, Ist. BTS and some others Oh yeah! I went to www.cdeurope.com and found the immense number of imports.. .including one from japan called ST and i was wondering - WHAT IS THIS?????/ -Wyatt ------------------------------ From: wglodell@baraboo.com (Wyatt Glodell) Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-22 Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 17:51:20 -0600 Message-ID: <19970123235118885.AAA334@ppp36.baraboo.com> >Well, *I* went to CDNow and looked up "They Might Be Giants", and >amongst a large number of other releases I found this: > > They Might Be Giants -- Guitar (The Lion Sleeps Tonight) [EP] 1992 > > Tracks > 1. Guitar [williamsburgh Mix] > 2. Guitar [outer Planet Mix] > 3. Welcome to the Jungle > 4. I Blame You > 5. Moving to the Sun > 6. Guitar [even Further Outer Planet Mix] > >>>>Aha! But don't feel stupid. What you have to do is first go to the >>>>"Find Music" page, and then select the "Include All-Music Guide >>>>discography" Formatting Option, then do the search. > > -- John > If you had to do that then they dont have it to order, that just means that it searched the all music guide and found it, not that they have it.... So i dont feel stupid... andway, the adress is : www.cd-time.com (which mr James W Matthews told me) and its all in canadian... so i cant remember how much it costs to order it all... it said 7.95, that also have I P I, Ist. BTS and some others Oh yeah! I went to www.cdeurope.com and found the immense number of imports.. .including one from japan called ST and i was wondering - WHAT IS THIS?????/ -Wyatt ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 18:40:01 -0600 (CST) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: Re: TMBG: Maine Message-Id: > Is it just me, or is The Beatles' Good Day Sunshine very simmilar > structurally to Maine from state songs? > -- > Okay here, Evan. You might want to check your structure here. Good Day Sunshine is an earlier, more "classic-rock" song. As such, Maine is similar structurally to Good Day Sunshine, not the other way around. Just setting you straight, that's all. See ya. Waiting until March 25-- Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu "Barely out of reach / is what might have been" --Connells ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 23 Jan 97 20:12 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Sadly the Cross-Eyed Bear Anyway, this summer I found out that my local >library carries a children's book called Sadly the Cross-Eyed Bear. Has >anybody else seen or heard of this? Since the book was written in 1994 or >something, I want so desperately to think that it's a TMBG reference, but >I have a sinking feeling that this is just another pop culture reference, >albeit an obscure one that I've never heard of. Does anybody else know >where this comes from? "Sadly the Cross-Eyed Bear" is a play on the name of a hymn (I think) "Gladly the Cross I Bear." Seems like there was recently a novel published called "Gladly the Cross-Eyed Bear" too. Apparently it's an old joke, but I'm not completely certain. Kirsten -- "This message had been rated Y-7 because it is a superhero action drama." Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Brodie AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu *TMBG*Sex Pistols*The Mommyheads*Simon & Garfunkel*Op Ivy*Pulp*The Muffs* ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970124012641.00663414@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 20:26:41 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-22 At 05:51 PM 1/23/97 -0600, you wrote: > Oh yeah! I went to www.cdeurope.com and found the immense number of >imports.. .including one from japan called ST and i was wondering - WHAT IS >THIS?????/ S/T is the same thing as the Pink Album under a different name. I asked some Italian import place about it a few days ago... TTYL, -Adam Tyner /----=========================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199701240134.UAA18830@nfs1.jvnc.net> From: "Harlan Landes" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-22 Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 20:37:28 -0500 > At 05:51 PM 1/23/97 -0600, you wrote: > > Oh yeah! I went to www.cdeurope.com and found the immense number of > >imports.. .including one from japan called ST and i was wondering - WHAT IS > >THIS?????/ > > S/T is the same thing as the Pink Album under a different name. I asked > some Italian import place about it a few days ago... It all makes sense now... S/T = Self-Titled ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970123210135.006fffe4@pop.cwru.edu> Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 21:01:35 -0500 From: Jeff Roberts Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-22 [Unknown MIME type or encoding, contents not processed] ------------------------------ From: wglodell@baraboo.com (Wyatt Glodell) Subject: TMBG: Wingroove- MAKES TMBG MIDS SOUND COOL! Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 20:03:08 -0600 Message-ID: <19970124020307037.AAA301@ppp179.baraboo.com> I was just looking around and i came up upon this program called wingroove, which makes any normal soundcard sound like it has wavetable synthesis (REALLY GOOD sounding midis) for windows, so i tried it on my TMBg mids and they sounded good! if you're at all interested in it, go to: http://www.cc.rim.or.jp/~hiroki/english GO THERE! or dont,see if i care..... -wyatt? naahh.... couldnt be him ------------------------------ From: wglodell@baraboo.com (Wyatt Glodell) Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-22 Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 20:30:15 -0600 Message-ID: <19970124023013135.AAA325@ppp179.baraboo.com> >> www.cd-time.com (which mr James W Matthews told me) and its all in >>canadian... so i cant remember how much it costs to order it all... it said >>7.95, that also have I P I, Ist. BTS and some others > >Okay, back up the double decker love bus. That URL doesnt work. How bout lettin the rest of us in on this stockpile o neeto stuff and give us the right one? Please? > >BTW I checked out www.fmsingles.com and they've got about 7 or so TMBG singles and they also have a service where, if they dont have the single you want, you give then its name and yur email and they go lookin for it and email when they've found it. I thought that that was pretty cool so I recommend checking these guys out. > >The Stimpinator G9000 > > >"But I was young and foolish then. I feel old and foolish now." > -They Might Be Giants > > > I'm sorry, what was i thinking when i posted? it's www.cd-plus.com so i must have been abducted by aliens, replaced, then brought back hypnotized to remember it all, because I HAVE NO IDEA HOW I CAME UP WITH CD TIME!!!!! oh well, "check it out, check it totally out" - john flans -WhyIt? Wyatt? Or Maybe Quiet? naahhh....... ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970123214431.006aa310@popd.ix.netcom.com> Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 21:44:36 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Non-TMBG: Double Decker Love Bus [Unknown MIME type or encoding, contents not processed] ------------------------------ Message-Id: MSG970123203350#12@acme.computer-services.com From: "Buster T. Bunny" Subject: Re: TMBG: Wingroove- MAKES TMBG MIDS SOUND COOL! Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 20:31:34 -0600 ---------- > From: Wyatt Glodell > > I was just looking around and i came up upon this program called > wingroove, which makes any normal soundcard sound like it has wavetable > synthesis (REALLY GOOD sounding midis) for windows Yes, I have this one too...it actually works! Although like a MOD player on a non wavtable soundcard it sucks up alot of CPU. Seems to me to be almost an on-the-fly MIDI to MOD converter. I tried it first on my Rush MIDI's and it was incredible so I tried it with TMBG and was even more impressed. Its a good one, I suggest everyone who dosent have it get it...unless of course you already HAVE a wavetable soundcard! Buster T. Bunny President, Acme Communications http://www.acmeonline.net ftp://acmeonline.net Internet Tech, Computer Services Company http://www.computer-services.com Home is where the one whom your heart belongs to is... ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199701240305.TAA01839@dfw-ix3.ix.netcom.com> From: "Charles Box" Subject: TMBG: Re: the Guitar Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 19:04:41 -0800 I would like to apologize to everyone regarding the Guitar CD single, I typed the wrong place and URL! It is a canadian place called cd-plus http://www.cd-plus.com I apologize profusely and beg for forgiveness. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970123220849.006fd164@pop.cwru.edu> Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 22:08:49 -0500 From: Jeff Roberts Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-22 >I'm sorry, what was i thinking when i posted? it's www.cd-plus.com so i must >have been abducted by aliens, replaced, then brought back hypnotized to >remember it all, because I HAVE NO IDEA HOW I CAME UP WITH CD TIME!!!!! oh >well, "check it out, check it totally out" - john flans > > > -WhyIt? Wyatt? Or Maybe Quiet? naahhh....... Thanks man, I'll check it out. BTW there is a www.cdtime.it that sells CDROM games, etx but its all in Italian. I can order Syndicate Wars for 110,000 somethingorothers. "And I'm not done, and I won't be 'til my head falls off. So it may not be a long way off." - They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970123221002.006fda84@pop.cwru.edu> Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 22:10:02 -0500 From: Jeff Roberts Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Double Decker Love Bus [Unknown MIME type or encoding, contents not processed] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199701240420.XAA19904@nfs1.jvnc.net> From: "Harlan Landes" Subject: Re: TMBG: Wingroove- MAKES TMBG MIDS SOUND COOL! Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 23:23:13 -0500 > > I was just looking around and i came up upon this program called > > wingroove, which makes any normal soundcard sound like it has wavetable > > synthesis (REALLY GOOD sounding midis) for windows > > Yes, I have this one too...it actually works! Although like a MOD player > on a non wavtable soundcard it sucks up alot of CPU. Seems to me to be > almost an on-the-fly MIDI to MOD converter. I tried it first on my Rush > MIDI's and it was incredible so I tried it with TMBG and was even more > impressed. Its a good one, I suggest everyone who dosent have it get > it...unless of course you already HAVE a wavetable soundcard! Wow. I just downloaded this program. Everyone get it now! It really improves the sound of MIDI files... The address again is http://www.cc.rim.or.jp/~hiroki/english -= Harlan Landes - spike@udel.edu =- -= http://tamos.gmu.edu/~harlan/ =- -================================- Next Stop: Irving Plaza, Feb. 21 ------------------------------ Date: 24 Jan 1997 03:41:30 -0000 Message-ID: <19970124034130.935.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Anastasia Hunt" Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg photo >From owner-tmbg-list@ussodyssey.ufp.org Wed Jan 22 22:47:48 1997 >Received: (root@localhost) by ussodyssey.ufp.org (8.8.2/8.7.ufp) id BAA01921 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 23 Jan 1997 01:37:19 -0500 >From: Kaylum@aol.com >Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 01:36:39 -0500 (EST) >Message-ID: <970123005406_173893987@emout07.mail.aol.com> >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg photo >Sender: owner-tmbg-list@ussodyssey.ufp.org >Precedence: bulk >Reply-To: Kaylum@aol.com >In a message dated 97-01-22 23:04:55 EST, you write: > ><< Yesterday my pen pal in Texas sent me the review of FS that was in > People Magazine. Okay review, resented the "normal" and "sane" comments. > My only question is, how old is that picture?! The Johns both look way > younger than they do in my other picture, which is circa John Henry. Can > anyone enlighten me? >> > >I agree the Johns look very young in that People picture (which I took to a >photo shop and had a "cut out" made of which is now sitting on top of my >computer :) However, I noticed that Flans appears to be wearing the very >same glasses in the most recent promotional photo (the one on the current >posters and the Rolling Stone ad), so unless Flans really likes those glasses >and kept them for quite a few years (a good possibility, of course), then the >People one could be very recent as well. Would be amazing if it were! > >Kay > >---#@!~:207.82.250.119:d0: According to a source that will go unnamed (hey, I am a journalist), that is a recent photo of J&J. It's amazing- those guys don't really age at all, do they? :) Mouse * --------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: 24 Jan 1997 03:42:29 -0000 Message-ID: <19970124034229.1930.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Anastasia Hunt" Subject: Re: TMBG: rollingstone picture >From owner-tmbg-list@ussodyssey.ufp.org Thu Jan 23 09:11:44 1997 >Received: (root@localhost) by ussodyssey.ufp.org (8.8.2/8.7.ufp) id MAA10044 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 23 Jan 1997 12:02:26 -0500 >Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 12:01:14 -0500 >From: gonzalez@vitaliy.harvard.edu (David Gonzalez) >Message-Id: <199701231701.MAA00759@vitaliy> >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: rollingstone picture >X-Sun-Charset: US-ASCII >Sender: owner-tmbg-list@ussodyssey.ufp.org >Precedence: bulk >Reply-To: gonzalez@vitaliy.harvard.edu (David Gonzalez) >There's a picture of "white boy" Linnell in RollingStone >magazine on-line. Here's the URL: > >http://www.rollingstone.com/GalleryLive.phtml > >The "white boy" quote is RollingStone's, not mine. > >drg > >---#@!~:207.82.250.119:d0: I love you, man. Big ol' smoocheroo time. M-wah. (But why the "white boy" comment, do you suppose?) Mouse We'll be sleeping in the flowers Tell my boss that I've been fired.... * --------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-23 *****************************