Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-231 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 231 Wednesday, 20 August 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Non-TMBG TMBG: French Toast Re: TMBG: French Toast TMBG: Show in Hartford Re: A.M.TMBG: Cowtown Interpretation TMBG: TMBG PATCHES! (update) TMBG: TMBG PATCHES!!! Re: TMBG: Quick Re: NON-TMBG: Mythology Re: TMBG: They Might Be Gods, after all Re: NON-TMBG: Mythology TMBG: Correction from AugieWan TMBG: Non-tmbg: the apollo connection Re: NON-TMBG: Mythology Re: NON-TMBG: Mythology Re: TMBG: Non-tmbg: the apollo connection Re: Non-TMBG: Yet more CDs. Re: NON-TMBG: Mythology Re: Non-TMBG: Mike Leffel Re: NON-TMBG: Mythology Re: TMBG: Quick NON-TMBG: Hudson Shad + OAT TMBG: TMBG PATCHES!!! (update) TMBG: Re:the apollo connection Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: tmbgdhutch@juno.com Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 02:05:41 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Non-TMBG Message-ID: <19970819.020542.3766.0.tmbgdhutch@juno.com> Well, I have about 12 TMBG CD's and Mono Puff, 2 Rage Against T. M., BNL-Born On a..., 6 Primus, Monty Python's Final Ripoff, Star Wars Soundtrack (4 CD-set, $55.00), 4 NIN, etc. I have a few jungle, techno, and Moby, Daft Punk... I LOVE techno as much as TMBG. I just went to an awesome rave in Macedonia, Ohio, "Electric Playground." There were 2x20 foot stacks of speakers, no joke! The bass was so powerful that it made a pretty strong wind! Anyway, I didn't see or hear any TMBG references. Maybe I would have if I wasn't on acid. Oh yeah, I wore my TMBG hat. -DJ Hutch ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: French Toast Message-ID: <19970819.074824.4679.3.aviso@juno.com> From: aviso@juno.com (Justin T McElroy) Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 08:00:10 EDT A lot of folks have asked for this recipie for French Toast. So here it is. "This is pretty much my mother's recipe for French toast. It's foolproof and power-packed with calories. No substitutions, please. This is my only recipe and it is responsible for 20% of my current body weight." -John Flansburgh Ingredients: 4 slices whole-wheat bread 2 eggs 1 tablespoon milk 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter cinnamon Beat together eggs and milk in medium bowl. Dunk bread in egg and milk mizture, leave until bread absorbs a good amount of egg and milk. Melt butter in a large skillet. Place soaked bread in skillet and freely sprinkle top of bread with cinnamon. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Serve with real 100% Vermont maple syrup. -From "A Musical Feast" Justin McElroy aviso@juno.com Insert your own favorite TMBG line here. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 11:26:30 -0500 From: "Big.Bad.Robbie.G." Subject: Re: TMBG: French Toast Message-Id: >A lot of folks have asked for this recipie for French Toast. So here it >is. For any of you that have tried this, have you found that it is..... well...... completly normal french toast? I mean, if yyou've had french toast before, and it didn't taste like this, your toast has some problems. P.S. I'm back. P.P.S PLEASE! Someone get info on the Hartford show! If I can't go to that (18+ ) I'll be forced to go to the Hatch Shell show. Rob Grabill. "I feel like a quote out of context" -Ben Folds Five ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199708191607.JAA01891@geocities.com> From: "Johann D. Beheader" Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 12:07:50 +0000 Subject: TMBG: Show in Hartford > Is there a show in Hartford, CT? Where?!? When?!? I live oh so close, and > would like oh so badly to see Them for a second time! > September 5th. At the webster theatre. But, alas........ 'tis 21 and over. =( If you can go... I'm incredibly jealous. I haven't seen them once yet. -Johann Oxymoronic quote: "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." -Ralph Waldo Emerson ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 23:21:38 -0700 Subject: Re: A.M.TMBG: Cowtown Interpretation Message-ID: <19970819.102030.16342.0.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Joshua D Nielsen) I have an interesting though. Well, not I, but my 8-year-old sister. I was listening to Cowtown and she walked in the room, and said something about sea cows (you know-manitees). Maybe that's the cow beneith the sea? Josh Nielsen jnielsen69@juno.com http://www.angelfire.com/or/jnielsen/ http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Studio/4091 ICQ #1337243 ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 11:33:32 -0600 Subject: TMBG: TMBG PATCHES! (update) Message-ID: <19970819.113531.9630.0.theRabidChild@juno.com> From: therabidchild@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) Hey HeY Everyone - Patxh update here! Ok, I'm sending the images in today. That means the following will happen: Scenario 1: They take the images do what they need to do (as far as sizing and what-not) Get the okay from TMBG and MP get me the pricing info. I tell you guys prices you give me final order (this means money will follow) they send them to me I send them out to everyone that has paid. Scenario 2: They take images lalalaa they DON"T get the okay from TMBG and MP. no patches get made. end of story. So far, it appears as tho "the man" patch is a definate... i got several suggestions to make the border yellow on that one so... that's most likely what's gonna happen. (thanks for the suggestion guys!) At this point I am trying my hardest to get all four patches made... the only problem is that i have to pay for all of these prior to my getting the money from you guys so it all depends on how many i can afford.... (sorry but, i got fired from my job cuz i broke my wrist in a tragic skating accident... i'm reeeeally low on cash) I am going to post the info on the patches again so that anyone that has NOT ALREADY told me their prefernces and what not can do so... sorry to repeat the post but i think that's only fair for people that may have skimmed over it last time... "If you pass the rabid child say 'hammer down' for me" ---TMBG love, JOrdaN ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 11:35:21 -0600 Subject: TMBG: TMBG PATCHES!!! Message-ID: <19970819.113531.9630.1.theRabidChild@juno.com> From: therabidchild@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) Hey Hey Everybody TMBgirl here! Here is all the info on each patch (sizes and colors are likely to change): -THE MAN PATCH(from the Why Does the sun shine ep): will be a circular patch 2" in diameter. black and white with a color border. -MONO PUFF PATCH(from the cover of the devil went down to newport single): will be rectangular 3" x 1.5". you can view what this will look like by going to www.monopuff.org/ (it's the pic at the very top!) -TMBG - PINK PATCH("they might be giants" from the top of the pink/self titled album) another rectangular patch. This one will be 5" by 1.5" -THEY SKULL PATCH (seen on JH or back to skull) This is a circular patch 2" in diameter white skull black background. the following is an interest form NOT an order form... orders will be taken at a later date when all is *ok'd* and prices are given. By sending me this e-mail you will NOT be inclined to purchase what you have written although it would help greatly if you planned on doing so. * ------------------------------------------------------- We've got 4 patches and a maximum of 3 are going to be made so I need all of you that would be interested in buying a patch (at this point they're prolly going to be around $3 a piece) to e-mail me here with the following info: a)in which order you like the patches favorite to least favorite (listing only those that you are going to buy / plan on buying) (see the info on each below) b)the quantity of each patch that you are going to buy (only do this if it will be more than one of each type) so it wil look somethign like this: 1.the man 2.mono puff x3 3.tmbg - pink 4. THEY skull * ------------------------------------------------------- take it easy, JOrdaN if replying to this post: theRabidChild@juno.com if you want to contact me regarding anything else: TMBgirl@juno.com http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html "If you pass the rabid child say 'hammer down' for me" ---TMBG love, JOrdaN ------------------------------ From: NoraChica@aol.com Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 13:46:36 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970819134429_1817068160@emout06.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Quick << This is a fan list, not a musician chat about their clever use of a 5/4 time < Get a grip man .... do you realize how much you controdict you "freedom >of speach" bullshit .... i can say anything i want .... I want to start a >disscussion about Australian politics so Fuck you !!! ha ha ha ha ha >> I'm sorry, but I think this is totally called for: YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!! First of all: with a name like NoraChica do I sound like a man????? Secondly:...ummm you spelled speech wrong, and contradict .... proof reading is a good thing.... be cool, stay in school....... Thirdly: the letter this excerpt is from was for free speech and against people ridicuing others who were talking about flowers and breakfast cereals and things off the subject. It was directed toward people who were getting annoyed at us for not having deeper topics, like their use of time signatures, and yet weren't coming up with any good ones....... you are obviously a lurker or just really dumb. I was sticking up for people (including me) who were getting bashed for using this freedom of free speech. And Finally: freedom of speech is more than just covering freedom of as many explitives you can write......its much deeper than that... its freedom of expessing any ideas or thoughts... you didn't impress anybody by the way you were using your freedom.... do you kiss your mommy with that mouth???? NoraChica (who is a GIRL) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970819125943.006ae984@pop.ben2.ucla.edu> Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 12:59:43 -0700 From: J Chen Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Mythology You know, it's rather telling that so many people on this list know this much about Greek mythology... the average schmoe couldn't even use Apollo in a sentence (and we can use it in two: I listened to Apollo 18. Apollo rides a fiery chariot). Well, okay, so maybe the schmoe can say, "I watched Apollo 13," but now I'm straying... This is just trivia for anyone who cares (so if you don't, please go to the next message and I won't waste your time), but I thought I'd provide a little help into the subject of which god is which in this format: Greek=Roman=God of whatever. So let's test my memory (good thing I saw Hercules a while ago... or maybe not): Zeus = Jupiter = God of Thunder, King of the Gods and Olympus Poseidon = Neptune = God of the Sea Hades = Pluto = God of the Underworld Hera = ??? = Goddess of Maternity, Zeus' wife and sister Aphrodite = Venus = Goddess of Love Athena = Athena? = Goddess of War, Arts, various things Apollo = Apollo = God of the Sun Artemis = Diana = Goddess of Hunting Hermes = Mercury = God of Swiftness, the messenger god Hephaestos = ??? = God of Weapons, the blacksmith god Ares = Mars = God of War Also, there are others not strictly gods: Ouranos = Uranus = Father of the Titans Cronos = Saturn = King of the Titans, father of Zeus and his sibs Dionysus = Bacchus = God of Wine, a minor god Eros = Cupid = that guy with the arrows (why, I'd break his leg!) And then there also various heroes, titans, monsters, etc. But I thought this might at least be interesting. Hmm... I think I'll go read that Mythology book and do some catching up... --LVJeff ========================___________________________________________... . . . | from LVJeff | "If you hear only one song this year, | Protected by Guan Yu | | alecson@ucla.edu | there's something terribly wrong with you." ======================== - Kitty Carlisle, Easy Writers ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 16:28:17 -0400 Message-Id: <199708192028.QAA03051@k12.oit.umass.edu> From: tghattas@k12.oit.umass.edu (Tammy Ghattas (Wellesley HS 99)) Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Gods, after all >>Several of Their album titles make various godlike or biblical >> allusions: "Flood" - there was a Great one; "Apollo 18" - Apollo was an >> ancient Roman god > >Sorry to be pedantic, but Apollo was the Greek god of the Sun, the Arts, and >music. Still a very important god though... I guess this has been pretty much cleared up, but here it is from me: that particular god had the same name in Greece and Rome...but tit for tat, Apollo was the god of light, but never of the sun in either culture. (Pedantic is good :) ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 16:52:30 -0400 (EDT) From: Elizabeth Esswein Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Mythology Message-ID: Hera = ??? = Goddess of Maternity, Zeus' wife and sister Roman equivalent: Juno > Athena = Athena? = Goddess of War, Arts, various things Roman equivalent: Minerva (I think) > Hephaestos = ??? = God of Weapons, the blacksmith god Roman equivalent: Vulcan Elizabeth ------------------------------ From: "Augie-Wan" Subject: TMBG: Correction from AugieWan Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 15:49:32 -0500 Message-Id: <20510878100265@dancingink.com> I'm sorry, My mistake, Blame me, I was barely conscious when I wrote.... a)your racist friend (remix) by the little dude from DeeLite b)Jay Leno..... Istanbul not... Birdhouse.... the Guitar the Statue Got Me High c)Dave........ Racist friend d)house of blues spy Destination Moon e)the Guitar import remixes (3 of''m) It should be...... a)same b)Jay..... Istanbul + Birdhouse c)same d)House of blues Istanbul + Noone Knows My Plan + the Guitar e)same f)f/x......... Spy + Dirt Bike (instr.) + the Guitar (cut-off) Anyway, I'd still like to know who would like to donate to a page of downloads. I want to keep it stuff that you can't buy. Live, Rare, Re-mixes, Dial-a-song, solo + Hello recordings, Yada Yada Yada. If you already have them on a page, let me know and I'll mirror them ( if you don't care) or I'll download them from there. Anybody else can just E-mail them to me, but if you want to send them please send to augiewan@hotmail.com That way my primary E-mail isn't clogged up. Any little ditty will make it that much better! Remember.... good little fans like to share. The smell of love is everywhere. Don't be a hog. :) If this is something that has been done already, or everybody thinks it's really dumb, let me know and I'll shut-up about it. AugieWan ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 14:57:34 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: Non-tmbg: the apollo connection Message-ID: On Tue, 19 Aug 1997, Tammy Ghattas wrote: > I guess this has been pretty much cleared up, but here it is from me: that > particular god had the same name in Greece and Rome...but tit for tat, > Apollo was the god of light, but never of the sun in either culture. > (Pedantic is good :) yeah, i think the greek god of the sun was helios; i don't know the roman analogue. jim kuemmerle j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://synapse.biology.utah.edu/Jim/gateway.html ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 14:55:42 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Mythology Message-ID: On Tue, 19 Aug 1997, J Chen wrote: > You know, it's rather telling that so many people on this list know > this much about Greek mythology... the average schmoe couldn't even use > Apollo in a sentence (and we can use it in two: I listened to Apollo 18. > Apollo rides a fiery chariot). Well, okay, so maybe the schmoe can say, "I > watched Apollo 13," but now I'm straying... how about "i wonder how the songs from apollo 18 would have been received at amateur night at the apollo?" :) jim kuemmerle j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://synapse.biology.utah.edu/Jim/gateway.html ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 16:55:09 -0500 (CDT) From: Jim Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Mythology Message-ID: On Tue, 19 Aug 1997, J Chen wrote: > Zeus = Jupiter = God of Thunder, King of the Gods and Olympus Jupiter was also occaisionaly refered to as Jove. > Hera = ??? = Goddess of Maternity, Zeus' wife and sister Her Roman name was Juno. > Athena = Athena? = Goddess of War, Arts, various things Her Roman name was Minerva. > Artemis = Diana = Goddess of Hunting A lesser known name for her is Cynthia. I'm not sure if it is Greek, Roman, or both, but I'm guessing it's Roman. > Hephaestos = ??? = God of Weapons, the blacksmith god His Greek name is spelled Hephaestus. His Roman name is Vulcan, though he was also called Mulciber (either that, or Mulciber was another Roman god that had basically the same job). Fun Fact: Hephaestus/Vulcan was the only ugly god. Even Hades/Pluto was better lookin' than him. The reason for his ugliness? He was slightly deformed when he was born, so either Hera/Juno or Zeus/Jupiter threw him from Heaven (reports are conflicting). When he hit the ground about two days later, he got real ugly real fast. I noticed that you did not mention Hestia/Vesta, the godess of the Hearth. She was sister to Zeus/Jupiter, but had no distinct personality, really. She was the symbol of the home, and kept the fire on Mt. Olympus burning. Fun Fact: Each city in Greece had a huge hearth that was devoted to Hestia. The fire was never allowed to go out, and when a new city was built, coals from the city that the colonizers came from were carried to start up a new hearth. The practice was adopted by Romans for Vesta, and even had six virgin priestessess called Vestals to take care of the fire that burned in Rome. > Dionysus = Bacchus = God of Wine, a minor god I wouldn't exactly consider him a MINOR god. He did have quite a following . . . quite a rabid following at that. He wasn't one of the Olympians simply because he didn't live on Mt. Olympus; he travelled the world with many of his priestesses in tow. Uh, and now I'm going to shut up because I'm contributing to a non-TMBG thread, and I'm afraid I'm going to be beat with a canned ham or something. Jim -Mmm . . . canned ham . . . - ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 17:10:45 -0500 (CDT) From: Jim Subject: Re: TMBG: Non-tmbg: the apollo connection Message-ID: On Tue, 19 Aug 1997, J Kuemmerle wrote: > On Tue, 19 Aug 1997, Tammy Ghattas wrote: > > I guess this has been pretty much cleared up, but here it is from me: that > > particular god had the same name in Greece and Rome...but tit for tat, > > Apollo was the god of light, but never of the sun in either culture. > > (Pedantic is good :) > > yeah, i think the greek god of the sun was helios; i don't know the roman > analogue. There isn't one. The Romans just adopted Apollo as their sun god instead of making another Helios. The reason the Romans took the Greek gods as their own was because while they had a great deal of religious feeling, they were seriously lacking in the creativity department. When they found the Greeks, they also found this wonderfully rich religion that they couldn't have made up themselves in a thousand years. After just a few changes (mostly name-wise), the Romans had a structured religion. D'oh! I'm talking about mythology again! Jim -ALL HAIL ZORACK THE FAIRLY MALICIOUS!- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33FA1F63.20BE@mail.sdsu.edu> Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 17:34:11 -0500 From: JDM Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Yet more CDs. Whine all you want but damnit, I like this thread, because it lets us all see exactly how much influence TMBG has over a really *wide* audience base. By this I mean that browse the previous posts in the thread, I did not see ONE (granted i may have missed a few) other non-tmbg CD that I own (I own all commercially released TMBD CDs). This means that They have the power to reach people who enjoy totally different styles of music (which kinda make sense since They Themselves are all different types of music. I'll try to make this list short out of respect for the Digesters... TMBG CDs: All of them. Non-TMBG CDs Blur: All of them (yes all the expensive import singles too). Mr T. Experience: All of them.(and what was only released on vinyl I have recorded on Mini-Disc) Cub: (You guessed it) All of them. New Order: (yup) All of them. Pet Shop Boys: (can we say remixes?) All of them. Other Stuff The Queers, Doutang, Groovie Ghoulies, Pansy Division, Swingers Soundtrack (Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - yeah!), Phantom Surfers, Pulp, (the london)Suede, and many many others.. Anyways, thats it, one more addition to what *I* see as a worthwhile thread (better than my t-shirt is better than yours). Not ***too*** long a post (hope you didn't get RSD hitting the "page down" key)... jdm "So, Chuck, I don't care who the audience picked, I'd rather be killed by a big sharp stick..." - Dr. Frank of The Mr. T Experience (or MTX) ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 16:26:10 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Mythology Message-ID: > On Tue, 19 Aug 1997, J Chen wrote: > I noticed that you did not mention Hestia/Vesta, the godess of the > Hearth. She was sister to Zeus/Jupiter, but had no distinct personality, > really. She was the symbol of the home, and kept the fire on Mt. Olympus > burning. > Fun Fact: Each city in Greece had a huge hearth that was devoted > to Hestia. The fire was never allowed to go out, and when a new city was > built, coals from the city that the colonizers came from were carried to > start up a new hearth. The practice was adopted by Romans for Vesta, and > even had six virgin priestessess called Vestals to take care of the fire > that burned in Rome. hence the line from procol harum's 'whiter shade of pale' about vestal virgins leaving for the coast... but they said sixteen rather than six. -jim kuemmerle j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://synapse.biology.utah.edu 'and, ta-da! we're back on music, albeit it's still not tmbg again...' ...although, i always think of whiter shade of pale when i hear road movie to berlin... ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 17:02:31 -0700 (PDT) Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970819165744.203f9716@proaxis.com> From: Celestia Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Mike Leffel >I'm his freakin' fiancee. How come I didn't know this? (And tell him >that Anastasia said the wedding's back on. He'll get it.) If I talk to him, I'm sure I will. I emailed his best friend because I couldn't get through to him. I would like to try to get some sort of a get well effort going, but i'm not sure how to go about it. I'm sure I could get the address of the hospital and all that, but it's just a matter of Organizing Listies (da da DUUH) that would be a problem. That and I have no good ideas as to what to do. Any suggestions? >> I just figured, you know, >> what with the Mike Leffel Fan Clubs and all that we went through, >you all >> might like to know. :o) >Not to mention an anxious bride-to- be.. Ahhh, so you're the lucky lady? Not fair....I would have made some attempt, but I'm only 14... (damn temporal relativity! can't change age!) >*Bitchin quote alert!* Ah, the mutant star goat! hahaha! >> Ford peered with him and gave a thoughtful frown. >> "Unless, of course," he said softly, "they were eaten by the goat..." >Anastasia > >_____________________________________________________________________ >Sent by RocketMail. Get your free e-mail at http://www.rocketmail.com > > > The Secretly Ironic, Celestia, tooms@proaxis.com http://www.proaxis.com/~tooms/ ICQ # 2814304 "Life is a beautiful, wonderful gift from God. People, however, suck." - V. Blaine Hill Ford peered with him and gave a thoughtful frown. "Unless, of course," he said softly, "they were eaten by the goat..." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33FA6310.2C58@ix.netcom.com> Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 20:22:56 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Mythology Someone finally mentioned Hestia. I haven't had such a great discussion about ancient gods since my latin class three years ago. This is the best, you guys! Amanda ------------------------------ From: Spoonerism@aol.com Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 20:57:52 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970819205617_-285297055@emout13.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Quick NoraChica wrote: << Secondly:...ummm you spelled speech wrong, and contradict .... proof reading is a good thing.... be cool, stay in school...... >> Although the rest of your letter was poignant and though-provoking, this comment was pretty low. Flaming for gramatical errors is a bit childish. Sorry if this offends you, but I think that post would have been more......... mature Just my opinion -Casey A former Lurker ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970819185521.006f9b00@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 18:55:37 -0700 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: NON-TMBG: Hudson Shad + OAT >What about Baccus? The god of wine? > >I think he/she was the god of something else too, but when I learned >that a civilization devoted a GOD to wine, I just laughed. Ah, yes, Bacchus. He was indeed the god of wine, son of Zeus and a mortal princess who got lured into a deadly trap by Zeus's queen Hera (long story, ask me about it sometime.) Besides giving rise to the word "bacchanal" and making a cameo appearance in Fantasia (riding that weird donkey/unicorn), he was also responsible for the creation of dolphins (another long story, ask me about it sometime.) >They were rumored to have had secret messages backwords..... for example on >revolution...........and yes there are a ton of secret messages. Really? Where? (e-mail me privately) >On another note: Any of you East coast listies heard of the group Hudson >Shad? >They are the guys who provided the vocals on O Do Not Forsake Me. >Apparently >the Johns thought enough of them to put 'em on the album. I >heard 'em on the >Garrison Keillor radio show. Any info would be most >appreciated. I'm West Coast; will I do? :) Hudson Shad, a NY a capella group, have two albums out: "Hooked Again" and "Spawn Song". Both are available through Primary A Capella (I can vouch for these guys; I've only ordered from them once, but they were really on the ball); you can request a catalog by mailing harmony@singers.com or checking out their website at http://www.singers.com . >1) Does anyone know what song from the Johns was on the ZIMA music sampler >that they gave away about 2-3 years ago?? Album cut? Rare? Album cut, sorry. 'Twas "The End Of The Tour." Not worth hunting for, IMHO, unless you're a collector. --nicole the wonder nerd *** "They tore down the garage to make room for the torn-down garage."--They Might Be Giants Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn Public PGP key at http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn/key.html ncarlson@mail.arc.nasa.gov nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 20:29:13 -0600 Subject: TMBG: TMBG PATCHES!!! (update) Message-ID: <19970819.202925.10878.0.theRabidChild@juno.com> From: therabidchild@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) HeY hEY everybody! I just thought i'd inform you all that I got a homepage up with the main pictures for the patches: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palladium/3404/patches.html There is a NEW design (my favorite yet!) Check it out! =) I'm sending the designs in tomorrow (hopefully, if i get the skull by then) I should have pricing info by friday if all goes well and all the info regarding ordering the patches. take it easy, JOrdaN ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33FA5EF0.F95CB1D8@ncweb.com> Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 23:05:20 -0400 From: Jeff Meden Subject: TMBG: Re:the apollo connection [Unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html), contents not processed] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-231 ******************************