Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-239 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 239 Thursday, 28 August 1997 Today's Topics: NONTMBG: AOL Instant Messenger Re: TMBG: AugieWan........again! Re: TMBG: Everything sticks like a broken record... Re: TMBG: Good song and bootleg debate ... TMBG: OMLTs deadline approaching-- no, really this time Re: TMBG:Why I hate the Eagles..and my defense of Boston radio TMBG: Dread Zeppelin RE: TMBG: PATCHES/TMBG COPYRIGHTS TMBG: Philadelphia concert Re: TMBG: Everything sticks like a broken record... Re: TMBG: Songs I'd never play as an intro Re: NONTMBG: AOL Instant Messenger Re: Re: NONTMBG: AOL Instant Messenger TMBG: Non-Intro Songs (appended: common interests) TMBG: I'm so proud... TMBG: THBG: Charlottesville Show Re: TMBG: Everything sticks like a broken record... TMBG: Of Plants named Robert and Giant Floods TMBG: what is so wrong with Flood?! TMBG: The princess bride Re: NONTMBG: AOL Instant Messenger Re: TMBG: Of Plants named Robert and Giant Floods Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: NitpickR@aol.com Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 02:23:36 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970827022334_264752524@emout19.mail.aol.com> Subject: NONTMBG: AOL Instant Messenger Hello 41- For those of you who don't know, AOL now has a service where you can Instant Message AOL users. All you have to do is go to AOL.com and follow the path. I think it'd be neat to get IMs from non-AOL members. I could share secret TMBG information or possibly set up a ride to an upcoming show (I'm going to a lot). So IM me! it's fun and you can save money in the process! Adam ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34042C8D.BCA@tmbg.org> Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 06:33:01 -0700 From: Ruprecht Organization: Representatives of the People of Here Subject: Re: TMBG: AugieWan........again! Augie-Wan wrote: > > It's me AGAIN! :) > > OK, Ok, I'll leave you guys alone after this message! I forgot to mention > that anyone that has a site or page related to the Giants, or knows of good > sites, My tmbg site is at http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/6476/ it's for you to judge whether or not it's good... -- Blame God, how can you lose, singing such sweet rhythm and blues? --David Byrne \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ http://freshnet.de/user/ruprecht/ * Now in FreshNet Vision * ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34043094.51A3@tmbg.org> Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 06:50:12 -0700 From: Ruprecht Organization: Representatives of the People of Here Subject: Re: TMBG: Everything sticks like a broken record... echuss@notes.cc.bellcore.com wrote: > > >I'm guessing that you'll find more people here that are sick of Zeppelin > (and The Eagles) > > than those that enjoy them. -B O N G O > > I think your right, LZ and the Eagles head up the list of "classic rock" > bands. Alright, I wasn't going to say anything about this particular Led Zeppelin bashing because I figured people would see past it, but... Led Zeppelin IS a good band! Do not be fooled. This is quite possibly the best guitar rock ever, and if you still think Jim Morrison is a great poet, try some of LZ's lyrics on for size. There's nothing over done or over played about Led Zeppelin these days. Sure, classic rock stations play them quite a bit, but they are the only ones. Led Zeppelin have a very diverse and large body of work that shouldn't be over looked as over played radio trash. -- Blame God, how can you lose, singing such sweet rhythm and blues? --David Byrne \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ http://freshnet.de/user/ruprecht/ * Now in FreshNet Vision * ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 09:27:00 -0700 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: TMBG: Good song and bootleg debate ... Message-id: <34045554.673B@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> cdanve10@scu.edu.au wrote: > > I'm a jazz musician and I want to do a full-on , be-bop redition of a TMBG > song ..... Any Suggestions ?? As odd as it sounds, I think a bop version of O Do Not Forsake Me would just rock. Speed it up (a lot) and add flavoring and I think it would work... Spy might be cool too, but that would be better as a Big Band piece to me. They Got Lost would be a cool sleasy nightclub piece. -- -====================================================================- Chad Maloney | CMMalone@softart.com | WWW homeless as of late... -====================================================================- Software Engineer | Every little child learns, if you can't see Software Artistry | dreams your eyes are blind - Fly, Moxy Fruvous -====================================================================- ------------------------------ From: Christi587@aol.com Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 10:36:01 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970827103529_118283609@emout20.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: OMLTs deadline approaching-- no, really this time School looms darkly on the horizon and reminds me I have to finish up the OMLT project now. This is truly it. I tried my best to wait for the returning college people, but I cannot extend any more deadlines because school and OMLT do not mix well. Please, if you want an OMLT, send me your information before this Friday night, when I will be calling Bob, working out prices, etc etc. Send me *all* of this (christy@tmbg.org): Your name and shipping address Your e-mail address Number and *size* of shirts wanted (please be specific, no "um, well, medium if it's sized large or large if it's a little smaller, but really I don't care") Reminder to college folks: if your address or other info has changed, mail me now or forever hold your peace. If you have already mailed me an order, there is NO NEED to mail me to tell me it is still the same. Only changes or questions, please. A small request: I still have two or more addresses down for the following people, who should mail me and tell me which, if any, is the correct one: Nicole Carlsson Fran Koiner Patrick Savage Heather Saidler Andy Magnusson John Voegtlin Adam Merrifield Jamal Rogers Matt James Jillian Buser Sara Smith Dan Lee In the immortal words of Bartles and James: Thanks for your support. --Christy ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34046554.440A@ix.netcom.com> Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 10:35:16 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: TMBG:Why I hate the Eagles..and my defense of Boston radio My peeve with the eagles is my mother. If I have to hear "Love Will Keep Us Alive" one more time....I'm gonna start throwing things. I really DO NOT like the eagles. And Meat Loaf. I had the same experience with my mother with "Bat out of hell." It was so bad, that we hid the cd from her, and to this day, she can't find it. My personal radio peeve is Boston. I mean how many times can an > album/group be played into the ground before the masses say "Enough > already!"? Boston does have a tendancy to overplay things, yes. But there are decent stations out there. Course, when I'm in Boston, I tend to listen to my college station more than anything (we tend to overplay TMBG and Bis). Classic rock is what I grew up on, too. There isn't much room where I'm from (maine) for anything new, so you kind of have to make do with classic rock or country. Given the choice between the Cars and Conway Twitty, I choose the Cars. I still like some classic rock, but give me a Frank Black song any day over "Whole Lotta love" .....again. Amanda > >My brain is currently fighting my fingers in an all-out battle royal for > control of the world. > > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19970827162752.24920.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Carl Hoffmann" Subject: TMBG: Dread Zeppelin Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 09:27:51 PDT Actually, if anyone is interested in a creative spin on LZ, check out the band "Dread Zeppelin", especially their first album, "Un-Led-Ed". For the uninitiated, they're a reggae band that does LZ covers with an Elvis impersonator lead singer. O.K. let that sink in. And before any purists howl, don't worry, Robert Plant gives them thumbs up. It's really cool to see a band dedicate an album, much less an existance, to Robert, Jimmy, John, John Paul, Elvis, nad Bob on their liner notes. They've been around since the late 80's and, from what I hear, put on a hell of a live show. for you S.F. bay area types, they'll be at the Edge this week. --Carl Hoffmann > > I think your right, LZ and the Eagles head up the list of "classic rock" > bands. Alright, I wasn't going to say anything about this particular Led Zeppelin bashing because I figured people would see past it, but... Led Zeppelin IS a good band! Do not be fooled. This is quite possibly the best guitar rock ever, and if you still think Jim Morrison is a great poet, try some of LZ's lyrics on for size. There's nothing over done or over played about Led Zeppelin these days. Sure, classic rock stations play them quite a bit, but they are the only ones. Led Zeppelin have a very diverse and large body of work that shouldn't be over looked as over played radio trash. ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199708271715.NAA04105@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 13:15:00 EDT From: "Brett Ballantini" Subject: RE: TMBG: PATCHES/TMBG COPYRIGHTS Miscellaneous Tim wrote: >In all the confusion of band names and copyrights and stuff... I was >thinking about it and then I saw a piece of Saquirrel Nut Zippers candy >on my stereo... I picked it up and it DOES have a little (r) next to >it... I don't have my copy of Hot handy or anything that might have the >BAND name on it... but the candy is copyrighted... and we all know that >the band got their name from the candy (not vice versa) so how did they >get away with it? just a thought on the whole thread... I read that the band created the name in (partial) tribute to the candy, and that the manufacturer has given the band their blessing. I imagine without the threat of copyright infringement, there's no worry. Somehow I don't think NyQuil was nearly as giddy when they first heard the song. Peace, Brett ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 15:14:38 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: TMBG: Philadelphia concert so, who all is going? I'm road-tripping with a bunch of people from CMU here in Pittsburgh, and would like to meet up with some list people there. Since it's unlikely that I'll have my OMLT by then... uh... there's got to be a better way to identify me. stay tuned, and respond to this if you're going. :) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199708272014.PAA03604@mail1.nitco.com> From: "The Cowans" Subject: Re: TMBG: Everything sticks like a broken record... Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 15:03:15 -0500 I personally think Morrison was a good poet becase he wrote peotry not just lyrics. Some of his lyrics came from his poems. Zeppelin is ok but I prefer other bands from that era over them. Blink ---------- > > >I'm guessing that you'll find more people here that are sick of Zeppelin > > (and The Eagles) > > > than those that enjoy them. -B O N G O > > > > I think your right, LZ and the Eagles head up the list of "classic rock" > > bands. > > Alright, I wasn't going to say anything about this particular Led > Zeppelin bashing because I figured people would see past it, but... Led > Zeppelin IS a good band! Do not be fooled. This is quite possibly the > best guitar rock ever, and if you still think Jim Morrison is a great > poet, try some of LZ's lyrics on for size. There's nothing over done or > over played about Led Zeppelin these days. Sure, classic rock stations > play them quite a bit, but they are the only ones. Led Zeppelin have a > very diverse and large body of work that shouldn't be over looked as > over played radio trash. > > -- > Blame God, how can you lose, singing such sweet rhythm and blues? > --David Byrne > \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ > http://freshnet.de/user/ruprecht/ * Now in FreshNet Vision * ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34048C50.A0891328@BlazeNet.net> Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 16:21:37 -0400 From: wwdorward@blazenet.net (Wilson Dorward) Subject: Re: TMBG: Songs I'd never play as an intro > *lmao* There are a LOT. > Let's see.... > The Day > SEXXY > How can I Sing like a girl > just about any song from *crosses fingers*Flood *shiver* > I'm Def (I like it, but it would be way outta anyone I knows idea of > "keen" > Snail Shell (sorry everyone....) > Pet Name WOW!!! Someone agrees with me!!! It's been sooooo long since I've heard anyone say they didn't like everything on Flood!!! (I've been a place that thought Flood was all the Giants ever wrote.....NO, not hell....I tried to save their souls, and I succeeded with some of them...). I also can't stand Pet Name, although I can stand it more than the stuff they play on the radio stations around here (York, PA).... Eric ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34048D24.8688BC49@BlazeNet.net> Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 16:25:09 -0400 From: wwdorward@blazenet.net (Wilson Dorward) Subject: Re: NONTMBG: AOL Instant Messenger > Hello 41- > > For those of you who don't know, AOL now has a service where you can > Instant > Message AOL users. All you have to do is go to AOL.com and follow the > path. > > I think it'd be neat to get IMs from non-AOL members. I could share > secret > TMBG information or possibly set up a ride to an upcoming show (I'm > going to > a lot). So IM me! it's fun and you can save money in the process! > > Adam Hey, there's something cooler than that!!! It's called ICQ from www.mirabilis.com. You can send "instant messages", chat directly, send html's, and use it to play multiplayer games over the net. It rocks, so get it if you're able!!! Eric ------------------------------ From: NitpickR@aol.com Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 17:32:51 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970827173058_1985673618@emout12.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: Re: NONTMBG: AOL Instant Messenger Hello 41- In a message dated 8/27/97 9:20:41 PM, you wrote: <> This sounds like a great idea, but some of us are Mac users, and there is no ICQ for Mac. Any other ideas? No IRC for Mac AOL either. Adam ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970827145407.00690e20@pop.ben2.ucla.edu> Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 14:54:11 -0700 From: J Chen Subject: TMBG: Non-Intro Songs (appended: common interests) Casey wrote about songs that shouldn't be used as new listener intros: >*lmao* There are a LOT. >Let's see.... >The Day >SEXXY >How can I Sing like a girl >just about any song from *crosses fingers*Flood *shiver* ... Oh goodness gracious! I feel like if there was a "You know you're a true fan of TMBG if..." list, number one would be "You hate Flood." :-( So, once again, here I am sticking up for it. I got into TMBG because of Flood. I know many of you did too. The thing is, I do not look back on my Flood-listening days with disdain. There was a reason I liked the album so much, and I never feel that further exposure to the Giants' great music should lead me to abandon that reason. When I first heard Flood, I thought it was brilliant; it spoke to me, it felt like a part of me, and I was delighted to know that someone out there made the kind of music that I could instantly identify with. Now that I've heard nearly all of their stuff, it doesn't make me appreciate Flood less. It's still brilliant. Oh well, I guess I can take comfort in the fact that, even if my fellow Giant-lovers hate Flood, they'd still agree that is humongously better than so much of the other music one hears everyday. --LVJeff (This common interests thing always pops up now and then: [music] TMBG, Beatles, Bangles, PSB, P.Gabriel, MonoPuff, Mancini, Chopin, HL&TN, Steely Dan, Beethoven, Moonpools&C, [TV] Simpsons, Seinfeld, Frasier, Mad About You, Bewitched, [comics] classic Peanuts, Calvin&H, Mutts (this comic rules), FBOFW, [movies] Star Wars trilogy, Princess Bride, RoboCop, Indiana Jones movies, Clueless, [vid.games] SF2 games, Darkstalkers series, Mario Kart 64, [misc] Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Disney, The Transformers, playing keyboard, drawing comics, organizing, and keeping things nice and tidy.) ========================___________________________________________... . . . | from LVJeff | "If you hear only one song this year, | Protected by Guan Yu | | alecson@ucla.edu | there's something terribly wrong with you." ======================== - Kitty Carlisle, Easy Writers ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 27 Aug 97 18:06 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: TMBG: I'm so proud... I'm so proud of meself - I've hooked two of my online friends on TMBG! :) All my blabbing about them on the music BBS here on Remcen finally paid off. Check it out: >>I never heard They Might Be Giants b4..really..so i borrowed a friend's cd >>and i'm hooked! it's sooo good! Very diverse..each song is pretty >>different it's just plain good! I see what all the fuss was for! > > >almost the same for me, I had never heard of them tell kirsten started >talking about them, than I saw them on TV 3 times (conan o'brien show >oddville (uuhhg I can't stand that show) and variety show (or something >like that) on comedy central) and I loved them, they rock... -- (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*) "For a 6-foot-3 guy with no hair and a whiny voice, I've done all right." -Billy Corgan kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3404AA8D.54C9A7B2@mindless.com> Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 18:30:37 -0400 From: Christopher Sexton Organization: The Fuzzy Monks Subject: TMBG: THBG: Charlottesville Show is anyone going to the Charlottesville Show? Sorry if I missed anything about this, I have been off the list. I people are going, lets see if we can meet or somthin' c'mon, it'll be fun.... Chris -- Christopher Sexton A Fuzzy Monk fuzzymonk@mindless.com http://www.vt.edu:10021/C/chsexton ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3404D540.E9EB2086@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 18:32:48 -0700 From: "Kevin (100% Curd) McGuire" Subject: Re: TMBG: Everything sticks like a broken record... > Alright, I wasn't going to say anything about this particular Led > Zeppelin bashing because I figured people would see past it, but... Led > Zeppelin IS a good band! But that singer (robert plant I think his name is) really stinks. That is why I dont like Led Zepplin. I think I saw some kind of thing on VH-1 where one of the band members played a guitar with a violin bow, and I thought that was pretty cool, but still, the singer just annoys me. Somewhat like the problem I have with the Smashing pumpkins. Hmm.. Kevin, who did not mention TMBG once in the preceding e-mail -- ===-==--==-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-==-===-==-=-=====-=====-=-=====-=-====-= "You know those pretentious annoying quotes at the end of e-mails? I hate those." - Dr. Edwin Von Hypocrite -==-===-==-=== http://members.tripod.com/~boweasel/ =-===-==-===-= ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3404ED9B.68EF@ix.netcom.com> Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 20:16:43 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: TMBG: Of Plants named Robert and Giant Floods Hello all- I think someone stood up for Flood. thanks so much. It's not my favorite tmbg lp, but it was the first I was exposed to, and has a lot of sentimental value along those lines, as I'm sure is the case for a lot of folks here. (my favorite, btw, is Lincoln.) It's *not* a bad disc (and I'm not out to start a crusade that pits us against each other, though that would be interesting), it's just wayyyyy different from Their normal stuff that it's hard for some to get used to or even like. But that's ok. Personally, I like "pet name." Does that make me a bad person or less of a fan? And if it does, who's the "criminal government agent who oppresses me?" On to Zepplin. I've seen old movies where Jimmy Paige was playing a Theremin and the aforementioned guitar w/ bow. They really did a lot to make rock a more artistic part of music in general. While they were in with the whole heavy metal scene in the '70's, they, like many of their peers (Queen comes to mind, so does David Bowie), helped to create space for other musicians to play. LZ's stuff is good, as long as it's not being force fed to you. I own Led Zepplin2 on vinyl. (I also have "Sesame Street Disco," but that's for another time.) umm...lessee.. thanks to everyone who's been helping me come up with a name for my live show. I haven't picked one yet. Maybe within the next week some divine inspiration will smack me on the head and give me a name for the thing. (in that case, it may end up being called "hospital bill") Oh hey! A few months ago, I found a copy of "birdhouse" on vinyl at the station. Just lying there, looking lonely and unloved....so I played it. :^) I love working for a radio station!!!! anyone going to the Hatch shell show...I'll see you all there. I'll be the one with midnight blue hair. -Amanda "Chocolate Swamp. My own personal Hell." - Observer, MST3K ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 21:43:35 -0400 Message-Id: From: Scott Subject: TMBG: what is so wrong with Flood?! Why is is that so many people have a problem with They's Flood?! For all who have stood up for it: my undying appreciation. Flood was also my first exposure to TMBG, and it remains one of my favorite, and always will. I know that it's very different from much of their stuff, but it has some very cool songs like "Birdhouse in Your Soul" and "They Might Be Giants" (now that's a funny song). I've heard many good They songs since then, since I have essentially all of their albums, but I still listen to my Flood CD just as often. And as Amanda Nichols metioned, if this starts a Crusade to weed out the infedil imposters who only masqurade as TMBG fans, then so be it. But I know that I'm still a true fan, even though I happen to also like Flood. -Scott Johnson * ---------------------------------------------- "This is the spawning of the cage and aquarium don't wait a moment too soon Used to be different, now you're the same Yawn as your plane goes down in flames..." -They Might Be Giants * ---------------------------------------------- __,__ / \ vvvvvvv /|__/| I /O,O | I /_____ | /|/| J|/^ ^ ^ \ | /00 | _//| |^ ^ ^ ^ |W| |/^^\ | /oo | \m___m__|_| \m_m_| \mm_| Totoro!!! ------------------------------ From: cdanve10@scu.edu.au Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 13:54:43 +1000 Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970828135650.21f7817c@student.scu.edu.au> Subject: TMBG: The princess bride THis is one of the best movies ever ...... I really don't think there is a better family movie that I've seen ..... my favourite bits are .... everything ...I can't think of anything about that movie that isn't great .... Great selection .... Have you seen the bits they cut out for the video ?? They are more scenes with Mel Smith in it (Just before he dies) ? There not that good but I saw it on T.V ...... It was great to see something that was new in something so great ...... Are you a little bit anxious to see "My Giant" ??? I think I am even though I'm totally uncool and in denial about it .... So-man ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199708280424.XAA27998@mail1.nitco.com> From: "The Cowans" Subject: Re: NONTMBG: AOL Instant Messenger Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 23:12:07 -0500 I've got ICQ so maybe if anyone else on the list has it we should get each other's UIN's or something. Just e-mail me if you want to ---------- > From: Wilson Dorward > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: Re: NONTMBG: AOL Instant Messenger > Date: Wednesday, August 27, 1997 3:25 PM > Reply about AOL messenger thing cut > Hey, there's something cooler than that!!! It's called ICQ from > www.mirabilis.com. You can send "instant messages", chat directly, send > html's, and use it to play multiplayer games over the net. It rocks, so > get it if you're able!!! > > Eric > > ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 00:38:10 -0400 (EDT) From: ellen Subject: Re: TMBG: Of Plants named Robert and Giant Floods Message-ID: On Wed, 27 Aug 1997, Amanda Nichols wrote: > anyone going to the Hatch shell show...I'll see you all there. I'll be > the one with midnight blue hair. > -Amanda Yeah, I'll be there too. (magenta hair, magenta cloak if it's cool, ya cain't miss me.) For anyone out of the clue, and hoping this hasn't already been said, it should be nearly impossible to meet someone AT the hatch shell. If you wanna meet, pick a spot away from the throngs of Boston's returning college students who crowd the area and MOSH and Crowd-surf to Them. (!) I don't know about this year, but last year They were sandwitched between the Cardigans (before Lovefool was popular) and some other group I can't remeber. The one with the guy who plays two saxs at once. Anyways, we were pushed into the mosh pit by rude people during Their set. I guess all I'm saying is, if you don't like crowds, stay de heck away. (I liked it, it was the first of Their concert's I'd been to and swung me well onto the Obsession track. :) ) -ellen > > "Chocolate Swamp. My own personal Hell." - Observer, MST3K > "Black coffee's not enough for me, I need a better friend..." ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-239 ******************************