Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-24 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 24 Saturday, 25 January 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Maine TMBG: joyce/TMBG TMBG: invisible posts TMBG: word hooks TMBG: Midwestern Tour Dates Re: TMBG: Maine Re: TMBG: word hooks TMBG: Acoustic Re: TMBG: word hooks TMBG: MouseWorld- The Wacky lil' Zine O'TMBG Love- Now On The Net! TMBG: Good Day Sunshine? Re: TMBG: Good Day Sunshine? Re: TMBG: rollingstone picture Re: TMBG: tmbg photo Re: TMBG: word hooks Re: TMBG: Wingroove- MAKES TMBG MIDS SOUND COOL! Re: TMBG: Maine Re: TMBG: Acoustic re:TMBG:joyce/TMBG Non-TMBG: Me / TMBG: OMLT Re: TMBG:joyce/TMBG TMBG: Hello TMBG: Official Site update TMBG: Maine TMBG: Guitar world? TMBG: New website and problems Fwd: TMBG: tmbg photo TMBG:COM / Edison Museum Re: TMBG: New website and problems Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 00:27:09 -0800 (PST) From: Cory Calhoun Subject: Re: TMBG: Maine Message-Id: OK, I'd like to point out YOUR structure here. If I say that the Roman Coliseum is structurally similar to, say, the Yankee Stadium, I neither imply nor express grammatically that I think the former was created after the latter, and with the latter in mind. I'm sure that's not was meant in the first place. Just trying to clear things up. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199701241606.LAA12493@gamera.syr.edu> Subject: TMBG: joyce/TMBG Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 11:06:10 -0500 From: "\"\"Daniel J. Fawcett\"\"" Jen As far as specifics go, I can't say now, because my copies of Ulysses and Portrait are at home (I have highlighted and scribbled in the margins all kinds of TMBG sounding areas... am I obsessed?). Mostly, I see a lot of similarities in focusing on absurd details and the use of highly subjective (and personal) descriptions. I don't identify personaly as a Joycian scholar, but do have a sideline interest. (Actually, I am a futurist with some very Derridian takes on textuality and representation... which can get confusing.) Also, it's nice to find another nietzsche reader... the faculty at Syracuse University villify him. He's the SU scapegoat. I also have picked up a sense in both TMBG and Joyce that they are involved in the construction of vast mental puzzles, and they are not meant to be experienced once, but to be deconstructed and reconstructed in an endless cycle (my semester project is a massive paper on deconstructing the works of the Johns). Danny Boy, djfawcet@syr.edu ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 12:52:04 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970124125009_174093465@emout20.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: invisible posts Is this my computer, or are other people getting this too? I hate to be missing out on posts! :< "From: Jeff Roberts Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-22 [Unknown MIME type or encoding, contents not processed]" --- "From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Non-TMBG: Double Decker Love Bus [Unknown MIME type or encoding, contents not processed]" --- "From: Jeff Roberts Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Double Decker Love Bus [Unknown MIME type or encoding, contents not processed]" sarah :) TMBGer #45127 linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 10:15:19 -0800 (PST) From: "'Honey Bunny' N Olson" Subject: TMBG: word hooks Message-ID: I'm playing TMBG for my boss here at work and he said "they use a lot of humor in their songs." And I said "Yeah, they use a lot of clever lyrics and word play & stuff." He said, "In music, they call those 'word hooks.' They hook you in so you listen to the rest of the song." Does this sound accurate in regard to Their songs, or is anyone else offended? "Well, the whole song is like that," I said. "Yeah, so you'll listen to the whole song." It's not a hook. It's not a hook. Do you think it's just 'hooks'? He makes it sound so cheap! Maybe I'm just too protective of "my" music. -Lani O:) lanio@u.washington.edu _______________________________________________________________ Satan sucks But you're the best Holy smokes You pass the test When I'm with you I feel blessed My chinchilla -cub --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: 24 Jan 1997 17:50:20 -0000 Message-ID: <19970124175020.7537.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Anastasia Hunt" Subject: TMBG: Midwestern Tour Dates Anybody have any idea if TMBG plans to stop in Oklahoma City or anywhere close? I must know. I need to know so that I can plan for it. Anal Retentive in OKC (Mouse) We'll be sleeping in the flowers Tell my boss that I've been fired.... * --------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970124143303.006ab5b4@popd.ix.netcom.com> Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 14:33:06 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: Maine Let me clear something up... When I said that Good Day Sunshine was simmilar to Maine I DID mean it. I was implying that The Beatles had a time machine, went forward in time, became They Might be Giants fans, subscribed to the Hello club, got the State Songs CD, went back in time, and wrote a song that was simmilar to Maine. PS- All the Beatles are on the LIST right now. I'm actually the 1969 George Martin. BTW, sarcasm if you're slow. All of it. -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970124143517.006bb3d4@popd.ix.netcom.com> Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 14:35:20 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: word hooks >It's not a hook. It's not a hook. Do you think it's just 'hooks'? He >makes it sound so cheap! Maybe I'm just too protective of "my" music. Of course its not a hook! They Might Be Giants aren't interested in money! They only want to help the world by bringing peace and love with Their music! -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 14:48:30 -0500 (EST) From: Pudge Subject: TMBG: Acoustic Message-ID: Hi all. On today's show I played "My Evil Twin". Also... on Wed. 2/5/97 WTSR will have a nationally syndicated show featuring acoustic TMBG songs, mainly from Factory Showroom. An interview is also included. It runs about half an hour and will air at 6:30pm eastern. If you live with 25 miles of Trenton, NJ, you should be able to pick it up. I will also be taping it if anyone wants copies (Very few though). Craig ------------------------------ Date: 24 Jan 1997 19:09:35 -0000 Message-ID: <19970124190935.3640.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Anastasia Hunt" Subject: Re: TMBG: word hooks >From owner-tmbg-list@ussodyssey.ufp.org Fri Jan 24 10:31:38 1997 >Received: (root@localhost) by ussodyssey.ufp.org (8.8.2/8.7.ufp) id NAA28645 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 24 Jan 1997 13:15:33 -0500 >Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 10:15:19 -0800 (PST) >From: "'Honey Bunny' N Olson" >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: word hooks >Message-ID: >MIME-Version: 1.0 >Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII >Sender: owner-tmbg-list@ussodyssey.ufp.org >Precedence: bulk >Reply-To: "'Honey Bunny' N Olson" >I'm playing TMBG for my boss here at work and he said "they use a lot of >humor in their songs." And I said "Yeah, they use a lot of clever lyrics >and word play & stuff." He said, "In music, they call those 'word hooks.' >They hook you in so you listen to the rest of the song." > >Does this sound accurate in regard to Their songs, or is anyone else >offended? "Well, the whole song is like that," I said. "Yeah, so you'll >listen to the whole song." > >It's not a hook. It's not a hook. Do you think it's just 'hooks'? He >makes it sound so cheap! Maybe I'm just too protective of "my" music. > > -Lani O:) >lanio@u.washington.edu > _______________________________________________________________ > Satan sucks > But you're the best > Holy smokes > You pass the test > When I'm with you > I feel blessed > My chinchilla > -cub > --------------------------------------------------------------- > > Hi honeybunny!:) I understand your feelings. However, your boss is technically right, according to all of my musician friends. That's not cheap. Good hooks are the sign of a good song. It means that TMBG are consummate songwriters. Feel better now? mouse We'll be sleeping in the flowers Tell my boss that I've been fired.... * --------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: 24 Jan 1997 19:22:33 -0000 Message-ID: <19970124192233.7924.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Anastasia Hunt" Subject: TMBG: MouseWorld- The Wacky lil' Zine O'TMBG Love- Now On The Net! Greetings list subscribers! MouseGirl here to tell you that your favorite zine has made a comeback. MouseWorld, founded in 1994, has been published on an on-again/off-again sorta deal. Most have thought it was gone forever. Well, it's not. MouseWorld is back for good. And, even better, it's now on the net! Just visit the MouseHouse at ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ + http://www.geocities.com/ + + sunsetstrip/towers/2900/sh1.html + ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Thanks for your support. Mouse We'll be sleeping in the flowers Tell my boss that I've been fired.... * --------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199701242048.PAA00786@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Date: Fri, 24 Jan 97 15:49:56 EDT From: "Pooh Head Bucket?" Subject: TMBG: Good Day Sunshine? The only similarity I can think of between "Maine" and "Good Day Sunshine" is the bass/drums intro, which is so close that John might be quoting it, even. I promise, there's no other stat... -tom (Can't wait for Irving Plaza. 3 shows o' funk, coming up.) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <32E92265.844@ix.netcom.com> Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 15:58:13 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: Good Day Sunshine? eQO-5B o iz{S-ci}eAEx; iz{SE-{|VcEZRC-oA~N`zEh~O^2aEkzUr2)|V`j[(za-`"SvEeQO-5B o iz{S-ci}eAEx; iz{SE-{UYr`~en~`3aO4az.~Pie(~|.-.+"hYjPY2S|U2)ajwliEuutIeQO-5B o ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 24 Jan 97 16:24 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: rollingstone picture >>There's a picture of "white boy" Linnell in RollingStone >>magazine on-line. Here's the URL: >> >>http://www.rollingstone.com/GalleryLive.phtml >> >>The "white boy" quote is RollingStone's, not mine. That picture frightened me. :) Linnell looks positively cadaverous. And I *still* can't figure out what they meant by "white boy." Kirsten -- "This message had been rated Y-7 because it is a superhero action drama." Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Brodie AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu *TMBG*Sex Pistols*The Mommyheads*Simon & Garfunkel*Op Ivy*Pulp*The Muffs* ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 24 Jan 97 16:26 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg photo >According to a source that will go unnamed (hey, I am a journalist), that is a >recent photo of J&J. It's amazing- those guys don't really age at all, do they? >:) Okay, that's it, I've decided that they must be some sort of immortals or something. Maybe they've made a pact with the devil, and that's why they're so phenominally pop - um, nevermind. But you gotta admit, it's weird. Kirsten -- "This message had been rated Y-7 because it is a superhero action drama." Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Brodie AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu *TMBG*Sex Pistols*The Mommyheads*Simon & Garfunkel*Op Ivy*Pulp*The Muffs* ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 13:30:51 -0800 (PST) From: "'Honey Bunny' N Olson" Subject: Re: TMBG: word hooks Message-ID: On 24 Jan 1997, Anastasia Hunt wrote: > Hi honeybunny!:) > I understand your feelings. However, your boss is technically right, according > to all of my musician friends. That's not cheap. Good hooks are the sign of a > good song. It means that TMBG are consummate songwriters. Feel better now? > mouse Yes, mouse, my sister in rodenthood :), I feel much relieved, but it still *sounds* so calculating and manipulative. Maybe you had to hear the way my boss was saying it. So often he just doesn't understand. -Lani O:) lanio@u.washington.edu _______________________________________________________________ Satan sucks But you're the best Holy smokes You pass the test When I'm with you I feel blessed My chinchilla -cub --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-Id: MSG970124160410#43@acme.computer-services.com From: "Microserf" Subject: Re: TMBG: Wingroove- MAKES TMBG MIDS SOUND COOL! Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 15:59:35 -0600 --------- > From: Harlan Landes > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: Re: TMBG: Wingroove- MAKES TMBG MIDS SOUND COOL! > Date: Thursday, January 23, 1997 10:23 PM > > > > I was just looking around and i came up upon this program > called > > > wingroove, which makes any normal soundcard sound like it has wavetable > > > synthesis (REALLY GOOD sounding midis) for windows > > > > Yes, I have this one too...it actually works! Although like a MOD player > > on a non wavtable soundcard it sucks up alot of CPU. Seems to me to be > > almost an on-the-fly MIDI to MOD converter. I tried it first on my Rush > > MIDI's and it was incredible so I tried it with TMBG and was even more > > impressed. Its a good one, I suggest everyone who dosent have it get > > it...unless of course you already HAVE a wavetable soundcard! > > Wow. > > I just downloaded this program. Everyone get it now! It really improves > the sound of MIDI files... > > The address again is http://www.cc.rim.or.jp/~hiroki/english > > -= Harlan Landes - spike@udel.edu =- > -= http://tamos.gmu.edu/~harlan/ =- > -================================- > Next Stop: Irving Plaza, Feb. 21 Yes, it is, to put it simply, a need for any Non-Wavetable systems that wish to have Fair MIDI playback. It does take alot of CPU on some systems, but I've found that the benefits have outweighed the bad. It makes TMBG MIDIs sound, for some, like a medium-grade-recording of TMBG with the words cut out..it's fun to play them and sing along with them yourself. I recommend anyone with at least a decent CPU download this, it will even install as a device driver, allowing you to play it from anything..(ie: Web browser, Windows MIDI player, etc) and even a utility to convert a MIDI or a RMI to a WAVE file, 44.1KHz 16bit Stereo. It's a must, simply put. Microserf Assistant Sysop, Acme Online (http://www.acmeonline.net/aboutacme/) Assistant System Administrator, Acme Communications (http://www.acmeonline.net) (ftp://ftp.acmeonline.net) microserf@acmeonline.net or microserf@computer-services.com (PC User) (Please, no attachments over 300K without consent) "I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend..." -Neil Peart ------------------------------ From: Matthew Coon Message-Id: <199701242229.RAA09379@omni.cc.purdue.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: Maine Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 17:29:00 -0500 (EST) Evan Chakroff writes: > > PS- All the Beatles are on the LIST right now. I'm actually the 1969 George > Martin. > Hullo George, this is Paul (before I died...) miss me, miss me, m@t ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 14:39:32 -0800 From: Bob Gonsalves Subject: Re: TMBG: Acoustic >Also... on Wed. 2/5/97 WTSR will have a nationally syndicated show >featuring acoustic TMBG songs, mainly from Factory Showroom. An interview >is also included. It runs about half an hour and will air at 6:30pm >eastern. If you live with 25 miles of Trenton, NJ, you should be able to >pick it up. I will also be taping it if anyone wants copies (Very few >though). Though it's rather short, it might be worthwhile setting up a tape tree. If so, I'd be willing to help. Bob Gonsalves, Research Director Pink Noise Studios Art*Technology*Politics home: http://www.pinknoiz.com work: http:/www.aphasia.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <32E90659.2674@baka.com> Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 18:58:33 +0000 From: Jonah Organization: MILK Subject: re:TMBG:joyce/TMBG > I also have picked up a sense in both TMBG and Joyce that they are involved in the construction of vast mental puzzles, and they are not meant to be experience Well, I am not a Joyce scholar, or anything close to a Joyce Scholar, being a high school student, but I recently read Portrait of the Artist and kept thinking of certain TMBG songs at different parts, particularly No One Knows My Plan, She's An Angel, and They'll Need A Crane. I figured I was just nuts and swore to stop listening to loudly played music and reading deep books at the same time, but I guess if all these joyce scholars agree with me, I must have been onto something. -- "Don't ask me, I'm just improvising my illusion of careless flight Can't you see my temperatures rising, I radiate more heat than light" -Rush, "Presto" Jonah ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970124191642.0069d000@mail.ee.net> Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 19:16:44 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Non-TMBG: Me / TMBG: OMLT Hello. This is me. I just switched ISPs so if you're gonna send me an OMLT design send it to THIS address. Thanks. Speaking of that, sned me more OMLT designs! The deadline is fast approaching. -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9701250105.AA26779@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG:joyce/TMBG Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 20:05:19 -0500 (EST) > > > I also have picked up a sense in both TMBG and Joyce that they are involved in the construction of vast mental puzzles, and they are not meant to be experience > Well, I am not a Joyce scholar, or anything close to a Joyce Scholar, > being a high school student, but I recently read Portrait of the Artist > and kept thinking of certain TMBG songs at different parts, particularly > No One Knows My Plan, She's An Angel, and They'll Need A Crane. I > figured I was just nuts and swore to stop listening to loudly played > music and reading deep books at the same time, but I guess if all these > joyce scholars agree with me, I must have been onto something. Did Joyce not write The "Dead"...something to think about ;) Matt -- Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: "SNOWBALL IN HELL" Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 19:27:21 CST Subject: TMBG: Hello Message-ID: <18297F770D2@athena.valpo.edu> Just a quick question for all you Hello-ers out there. When you ordered, how long did it take for you to get the stuff? I'm just wondering because I put a check in the mail about 3 weeks ago for Hello 96 and as far as I know they haven't even cashed it yet. So if anyone knows anything about this or that, please get in touch. No need to clutter the list, just e mail me personally. THanks a lot. Have a happy day!!! Hanna ------------------------------ Message-ID: <32E964A7.ED3@netheaven.com> Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 20:40:55 -0500 From: Dan Studnicky Organization: Netheaven Subject: TMBG: Official Site update If this has already been submitted, I'm sorry. I'm on the digested list. You might want to vist tmbg.com. I think they have something with Dial-A-Song! Also, regarding Getting Sentimental Over You, I happen to be playing it in my School's Stage Band (kind of an After school Jazz band thing). The one we are playing is arranged by Johnny Warrington, Music by Geo Bassman, and Words (It doesn't have the words though) are by Ned Washington. ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 17:46:53 -0800 From: J Chen Subject: TMBG: Maine Structurally, I don't see any similarities between Good Day Sunshine and Maine. They just both begin the same way. But I never noticed that before. I wonder what other songs have the same intro? On the Cross-Eyed Bear: I asked about the song "Gladly the Cross I'd Bear" a while back, but nobody seemed to know what it was. Thanks, Kirsten, for mentioning that it was a hymm (you think). Has anyone ever heard how this song goes? That's all... ========================___________________________________________... . . . | from LVJeff | Personal mondegreen: "20-20-24 hours ago, | Protected by Guan Yu | I'm going east of Eden." | alecson@ucla.edu | I Wanna Be Sedated, by The Ramones ======================== "I wanna be sedated." ------------------------------ From: Phurr@aol.com Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 23:06:30 -0500 Message-ID: <970124230118_647106139@emout02.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Guitar world? What was that issue again of Guitar world (i think) that had that article written by Flans? ------------------------------ From: NitpickR@aol.com Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 23:37:01 -0500 Message-ID: <970124233638_1578547281@emout02.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: New website and problems Hello 41- Okay, let me say two things. #1 I'm sorry for postitng twice in a day, but I didn't know the web page would be updated. #2 The new website is really really cool, but there are problems that other people might have gotten too. First- I couldn't get into Flansburgh's guitar coffin. I got a Type 404 Not Found Error. Second- I also tried to download the Edison Musuem DAS online, and it wouldn't let me for the same reason. Anyone? Adam ------------------------------ From: Jordan1c@aol.com Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 00:27:06 -0500 Message-ID: <970125002704_1312287686@emout02.mail.aol.com> Subject: Fwd: TMBG: tmbg photo In a message dated 97-01-24 01:50:22 EST, blooey@hotmail.com (Anastasia Hunt) writes: << According to a source that will go unnamed (hey, I am a journalist), that is a recent photo of J&J. It's amazing- those guys don't really age at all, do they? :) Mouse >> thats funny. when i brought the picture to my school, everyone thought they were 16. well, its not really "haha" funny. just a nice smile-kinda funny. i got all my irving tix for every friday! Jordan --------------------- Forwarded message: From: blooey@hotmail.com (Anastasia Hunt) Sender: owner-tmbg-list@ussodyssey.ufp.org Reply-to: blooey@hotmail.com (Anastasia Hunt) To: Kaylum@aol.com, tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: 97-01-24 01:50:22 EST >From owner-tmbg-list@ussodyssey.ufp.org Wed Jan 22 22:47:48 1997 >Received: (root@localhost) by ussodyssey.ufp.org (8.8.2/8.7.ufp) id BAA01921 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 23 Jan 1997 01:37:19 -0500 >From: Kaylum@aol.com >Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 01:36:39 -0500 (EST) >Message-ID: <970123005406_173893987@emout07.mail.aol.com> >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg photo >Sender: owner-tmbg-list@ussodyssey.ufp.org >Precedence: bulk >Reply-To: Kaylum@aol.com >In a message dated 97-01-22 23:04:55 EST, you write: > ><< Yesterday my pen pal in Texas sent me the review of FS that was in > People Magazine. Okay review, resented the "normal" and "sane" comments. > My only question is, how old is that picture?! The Johns both look way > younger than they do in my other picture, which is circa John Henry. Can > anyone enlighten me? >> > >I agree the Johns look very young in that People picture (which I took to a >photo shop and had a "cut out" made of which is now sitting on top of my >computer :) However, I noticed that Flans appears to be wearing the very >same glasses in the most recent promotional photo (the one on the current >posters and the Rolling Stone ad), so unless Flans really likes those glasses >and kept them for quite a few years (a good possibility, of course), then the >People one could be very recent as well. Would be amazing if it were! > >Kay > >---#@!~:207.82.250.119:d0: According to a source that will go unnamed (hey, I am a journalist), that is a recent photo of J&J. It's amazing- those guys don't really age at all, do they? :) Mouse * --------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970125010359.006981cc@mail.ee.net> Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 01:04:02 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG:COM / Edison Museum Wow. the site is even cooler now. Anyhow, I think they could better represent DAS by having Real Audio. No download time, and crappy quality, just like real DAS! But anyway the .wav is surprisingly good quality. And I got my laugh for the day when I read that part about the "updated every week" hehehe. Well... we'll see if they can prove me wrong. -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 22:39:13 -0700 From: carrots@primenet.com (Aaron Cohen) Subject: Re: TMBG: New website and problems You can get the Edison Musuem at http://www.tmbg.com/dial/sound/EDISON.WAV Make sure EDISON. WAV is in caps. >First- I couldn't get into Flansburgh's guitar coffin. I got a Type 404 Not >Found Error. >Second- I also tried to download the Edison Musuem DAS online, and it >wouldn't let me for the same reason. Anyone? ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-24 *****************************