Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-240 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 240 Friday, 29 August 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: WhutILike/The Bestest Cover TMBG: IBM/MAC Re: TMBG: Everything sticks like a broken record... Re: TMBG: IBM/MAC TMBG: Radio Station in Your Soul Re: TMBG: Of Plants named Robert and Giant Floods TMBG: my take on the Flood debate TMBG: opening act TMBG: opening act TMBG: TMBG PATCHES Re: TMBG: IBM/MAC Re: TMBG:Why I hate the Eagles..and my defense of Boston radio Re: TMBG:Why I hate the Eagles..and my defense of Boston radio Re: TMBG: opening act TMBG: TMBG TALKER! Re: TMBG: opening act Re: TMBG: TMBG PATCHES Re: TMBG: my take on the Flood debate Re: TMBG: Everything sticks like a broken record... Re: TMBG: Of Plants named Robert and Giant Floods TMBG: TMBG Compilation Re: NONTMBG: AOL Instant Messenger Re: TMBG: IBM/MAC Re: TMBG: Songs I'd never play as an intro Re: NONTMBG: Train's UIN Re: NONTMBG: AOL Instant Messenger Re: TMBG: Songs I'd never play as an intro Re: TMBG: IBM/MAC Re: TMBG: IBM/MAC TMBG: a whole bunch of unrelated things Re: TMBG: The princess bride TMBG: Flansburg RealAudio Interview Re: NONTMBG: AOL Instant Messenger TMBG: TMBG-my ICQ TMBG: ICQ Numberz Re: TMBG: your take on the Flood debate Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970828025113.006b43c8@mailhost2.planet.net> Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 02:51:13 -0400 From: Perry lee Subject: TMBG: WhutILike/The Bestest Cover on the topic of covers, i think the best one has already been made. Bruce Lee Band's She's An Angel. It rocks. It rolls. It's skankarific. I think that the John's should have written it uptempo first. on the topic of what i like: good subs, complicated bicycle components, fast computers, drawing on fast computers, skateboarding in the sunshine, thrashing obnoxious rollerbladers, spending copious amounts of money on music, spinning vinyl on my girlfriend's turntable, breaking other people's records, phonephreaking when the need arises, good lighting, ska, friendly pits, friendly people, friendly hands, RC cars that go reel fast, catchy tunes, catcher's mitts, baking, chicken, McDonalds, playing obscure card games, this is getting long isn't it?, procreation without product, (Figure that one out) getting dirty, bleeding if it's not painful, buying new shoes, big pants, noisy chain wallets, haircuts, brand new socks, still with me?, good speakers, stereo equipment, complicated home theater setups, buttons, knobs, sliders, drum machines, happy hardcore techno, breasts, chicken breasts, vegetarians because it's fun to make them cringe, good telephone connections, long email messages, tagging, undermining authority, repeatedly mailbombing my schools support email account, and annoying the easily flustered people who gritch about the List. Hernk! ********************************** A world screams kiss me son of god email: mlee@planet.net ICQ: 1840333 web: www.planet.net\pmlee ********************************** ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3405692C.4D39@pacificnet.net> Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 05:04:11 -0700 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: IBM/MAC >This sounds like a great idea, but some of us are Mac users, and there is >no ICQ for Mac. Any other ideas? No IRC for Mac AOL either. >Adam Without trying to start a Mac vs. IBM war, just out of curiousity, how many of you primarily use MAC and how many IBM? We know They use Macs and so do I. What about the rest of you? -B O N G O _________________________________________________ "Smash this world to pieces Right from the very last start" -pApAs fritAs ------------------------------ Message-ID: <340591EA.1061@tmbg.org> Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 07:57:46 -0700 From: Ruprecht Organization: Representatives of the People of Here Subject: Re: TMBG: Everything sticks like a broken record... Elitza Nicolaou wrote: > Ruprecht I never, ever, ever though I'd be agreeing with you, let alone > thanking you for backing me up but I think I have to. THANK YOU THANK > YOU!!!!!! Someone lse to agree with! See, no matter how much of an ass you think I am, I can always turn around and ruin it... -- Blame God, how can you lose, singing such sweet rhythm and blues? --David Byrne \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ http://freshnet.de/user/ruprecht/ * Now in FreshNet Vision * ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 07:08:29 -0500 (CDT) From: "Jon Misc." Subject: Re: TMBG: IBM/MAC Message-ID: I use an IBM compatible. Specifically, a Compaq (though it's somewhat outdated). I'm one of those people that's never seen a Mac up close. (I live in Harrison, AR, where the Mac software section of Wal-Mart is practically non-existent and well stocked :) Jonnie ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34056B82.B8D@pacificnet.net> Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 05:14:11 -0700 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Radio Station in Your Soul >umm...lessee.. thanks to everyone who's been helping me come up >with a name for my live show. I haven't picked one yet. Maybe within >the next week some divine inspiration will smack me on the head and give >me a name for the thing. (in that case, it may end up being called >"hospital bill") >Oh hey! A few months ago, I found a copy of "birdhouse" on vinyl >at the station. Just lying there, looking lonely and unloved....so I >played it. :^) I love working for a radio station!!!! > -Amanda Here's all you have to do... 1) Steal that record from your station. 2) Announce here that it will be the grand prize in the "name my radio show contest". 3) Just wait for the briliant ideas to roll in. Anyway did you say it was a show of in-studio performances by local bands? Or did I dream that? I wanna know because I'm still thinking. -B O N G O _________________________________________________ "Smash this world to pieces Right from the very last start" -pApAs fritAs ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970827230617.0069b52c@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 23:06:17 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Of Plants named Robert and Giant Floods At 08:16 PM 8/27/97 -0700, the always wise Amanda wrote: >Hello all- > I think someone stood up for Flood. thanks so much. It's not my >favorite tmbg lp, but it was the first I was exposed to, and has a lot of I think a lot of TMBG fans also started off with Flood. I know I did, and I can name several friends who also started off that way. It's not a bad album in any way...it's just not as strong as TMBG's other albums. >sentimental value along those lines, as I'm sure is the case for a lot of >folks here. (my favorite, btw, is Lincoln.) It's *not* a bad disc (and Same here. ;) >I'm not out to start a crusade that pits us against each other, though >that would be interesting), it's just wayyyyy different from Their normal >stuff that it's hard for some to get used to or even like. But that's >ok. Personally, I like "pet name." Does that make me a bad person or >less of a fan? And if it does, who's the "criminal government agent who >oppresses me?" I didn't care for Pet Name when I first heard it, but I've warmed up to it considerably. > umm...lessee.. thanks to everyone who's been helping me come up >with a name for my live show. I haven't picked one yet. Maybe within >the next week some divine inspiration will smack me on the head and give >me a name for the thing. (in that case, it may end up being called >"hospital bill") My advice would be to pick 2 random words from the dictionary and find some way to link them. That's how my band comes up with most of its songs. TTYL, -Adam, thoroughly enjoying BNL's "Gordon" right now /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9708281351.AA06908@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: my take on the Flood debate Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 09:51:57 -0400 (EDT) This is what I could see going through the minds of some big TMBG fans who don't like Flood anymore (or possibly never have). Disclaimer: it is true that a lot of ppl who don't like Flood, genuinely don't like it. Often, people will listen to certain music and later down the road will dislike it or shun it because it became very popular, and thus the "masses mindlessly like it". Now I can't really ever see the "masses" worshiping TMBG music, because they just haven't the popularity of Hootie, Green Day, Led Zep, or whatever other band that has had world-reknown, enormous success. Nevertheless, the most popular album is Flood. But this does not make it any less enjoyable or great compared to when you once loved it. I mean it is still TMBG afterall folks. If TMBG is, indeed, your favorite band, like mine, one would think that you'd love all of the albums (maybe not as much as another TMBG album, but in an absolute sense, you'd probably love it). Any nay-sayers? Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: NoraChica@aol.com Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 10:08:47 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970828100658_891544497@emout04.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: opening act Does anyone know the name of the guy who opened for TMBG last year/ early this year?? The guy that sang Rumplestilskin??? "Is it John??? NO!!! Is it Larry?? NO!!!" Does anyone else remember that?? He was SO funny. NoraChica :) ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 10:43:14 -0500 From: "Big.Bad.Robbie.G." Subject: TMBG: opening act Message-Id: It was Brian Dewan. He only opened for like two of their shows last year, I think they were both at the Irving Plaza. I reccomend that everyone buy his album "Tells The Story" Availible at no stores anywhere, so try CD now. Rob Grabill. "I feel like a quote out of context" -Ben Folds Five ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 10:11:23 -0600 Subject: TMBG: TMBG PATCHES Message-ID: <19970828.101130.11662.10.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) Okay, i have yet to hear from mr. patch man. I'm afraid that one of two things happened: 1)he never got the images and thus thinks i'm not interested cuz they didn't make the 'deadline' 2)he wrote me back and i managed to delete the message because i wasn't using this address cuz juno is a piece of crap and can't handle attachments. 3)he's still trying to get the 'ok' which, since it's taking this long i;d asume isn't good. so, i'm gonna try and get in touch with him today and see what the deal is. everyone can see them at: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palladium/3404/patches.html (i think) "Moths beat on the windowpane, telling me I'm not the same. Sounds of nothing, sounds of fear, speak to me when no one's here" ---TMBG take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html *your one-stop TMBG bootleg shop* ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3405D097.2156@ix.netcom.com> Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 12:25:11 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: TMBG: IBM/MAC > Without trying to start a Mac vs. IBM war, just out of curiousity, how > many of you primarily use MAC and how many IBM? I use both. Yes, I'm a freak who doesn't care what kind of computer I'm using. I prefer macs for certian media-based things, but other than that, I don't care. I've heard that the mac powerbooks are better than the ibm clone versions, but I wouldn't know. Call me Miss Neutrality, I guess... AManda ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970828092915.0069aaa4@pop.ben2.ucla.edu> Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 09:29:19 -0700 From: J Chen Subject: Re: TMBG:Why I hate the Eagles..and my defense of Boston radio Amanda wrote: >> My personal radio peeve is Boston. I mean how many times can an >> album/group be played into the ground before the masses say "Enough >> already!"? > Boston does have a tendancy to overplay things, yes. But there >are decent stations out there. Course, when I'm in Boston, I tend to >listen to my college station more than anything (we tend to overplay >TMBG and Bis). Er, I believe the poster was referring to Boston, the band. Apparently, like Chicago, they named their band after a city. They are known for songs like "More Than a Feeling" and "Foreplay/Long Time." I didn't know they were necessarily overplayed; I only know one radio station that plays their songs around here, and it's only a few of their songs at that. --LVJeff ========================___________________________________________... . . . | from LVJeff | "If you hear only one song this year, | Protected by Guan Yu | | alecson@ucla.edu | there's something terribly wrong with you." ======================== - Kitty Carlisle, Easy Writers ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3405D33E.183B@ix.netcom.com> Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 12:36:30 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: TMBG:Why I hate the Eagles..and my defense of Boston radio I think I emailed someone else with my "d'oh!" But here it is for everyone... I think I misunderstood because I'm trying so hard to forget that they sand that "amanda" song. Boston the band, bad. Boston the city, good. Someone must kill Boston the band, so I can have my name back.. Amanda "Why don't they look?" -Crow, MST3K ------------------------------ From: NitpickR@aol.com Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 12:46:56 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970828124503_600211698@emout03.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: opening act Hello 41- In a message dated 8/28/97 3:42:09 PM, you wrote: <> I actually have a small story regarding Mr. Dewan that happened last time I was in NY. After doing what had to be done, I tooled around lower Manhattan and found the big Tower Records in (I still like the Lincoln Park one better). After the madatory search for TMBG and others, I came across two copies of Brian Dewan Tells the Story. However, they had his name listed as "Brian Dewar." I thought that was kinda funny... I also am very proud to use a Mac at home and a Mac at work. Adam ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 14:25:06 -0500 (CDT) From: **Tarnished Silence** Subject: TMBG: TMBG TALKER! Message-Id: Since everyone is so interested in communicating instantly with each other about TMBG, why don't I set up a MUSH talker that we can all log into and discuss TMBG at our leisure? I have the code and I currentyly have a a talker already up and working for my personal use and general friendship around the 'Net at scott.luther.edu 7000. I could set up one specifically for TMBG List use, or we could use the current one. It also includes options for different rooms, and the users each have their own accounts and you can do actions and color. I could have it set up in about a week if the people on the list are interested. If you are, indeed, interested., please send me an email with the subject: TALKER: YES! If you think it is stupid or wouldn't work, send a message with subject: TALKER: NO! to me privately. I don't want to take up list space with this. Thanks for listening to me! In the meantime, visit my current talker to get an idea at scott.luther.edu 7000. For those of you who don't know, you have to use a program called telnet to get there. For many people, it works to type telnet://scott.luther.edu:7000 into your location area of your web browser. Laters! TS 210 =========================================================== == Beyond the your wildest dreams, there is only one... == == == == <<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>> == == == =========================================================== On Wed, 27 Aug 1997 NitpickR@aol.com wrote: > Hello 41- > > In a message dated 8/27/97 9:20:41 PM, you wrote: > > < don;t have to be on AOL to receive/send things....>> > > This sounds like a great idea, but some of us are Mac users, and there is no > ICQ for Mac. Any other ideas? No IRC for Mac AOL either. > > Adam > ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 14:40:43 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: opening act Message-ID: <19970828.155302.3742.1.erda@juno.com> From: erda@juno.com (k e h) On Thu, 28 Aug 1997 10:43:14 -0500 "Big.Bad.Robbie.G." writes: >It was Brian Dewan. He only opened for like two of their shows last >year, I >think they were both at the Irving Plaza. I reccomend that everyone >buy his >album "Tells The Story" Availible at no stores anywhere, so try CD >now. both were at irving plaza and both were great. i also reccomend his album. i got it at the concert and some stuff through hello. keh the rabid unicorns are coming! ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 28 Aug 97 16:49 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG PATCHES >3)he's still trying to get the 'ok' which, since it's taking this long >i;d asume isn't good. Well, if it's number three, it could be a *good* sign. At least they didn't say no right away. Kirsten (the eternal optimist) -- (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*) "For a 6-foot-3 guy with no hair and a whiny voice, I've done all right." -Billy Corgan kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 28 Aug 97 16:46 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: my take on the Flood debate If TMBG is, indeed, your favorite band, like mine, one would >think that you'd love all of the albums (maybe not as much as another >TMBG album, but in an absolute sense, you'd probably love it). I agree. Flood is probably currently my least-listened to TMBG album, partly because I have it on tape and all the others are on cd. Cds have made me lazy - I hate having to get up and flip the tape over. :) But I will always, always love Flood, because it is what introduced me to the magic of TMBG. Besides, it has "Birdhouse," "Dead," and "Road Movie to Berlin" on it! Kirsten -- (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*) "For a 6-foot-3 guy with no hair and a whiny voice, I've done all right." -Billy Corgan kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 28 Aug 97 16:32 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Everything sticks like a broken record... > See, no matter how much of an ass you think I am, I can always turn >around and ruin it... I can feel the love on the List, truly I can. Kirsten -- (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*) "For a 6-foot-3 guy with no hair and a whiny voice, I've done all right." -Billy Corgan kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 28 Aug 97 16:40 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Of Plants named Robert and Giant Floods >I didn't care for Pet Name when I first heard it, but I've warmed up to it >considerably. My Dad loves this song. :) We were listening to a mix of TMBG I made, and Dad kept saying, "Is this still They Might Be Giants?" in a somewhat astonished, happy voice. He seems to especially like their brassy (horny?) stuff, like "Dirt Bike" and "Thermostat" (surprised me by cranking the volume on this one). Not a big surprise - he plays the trombone, and listens to a lot of jazz. Keeps stealing my Blues Brothers cd... :P >My advice would be to pick 2 random words from the dictionary and find some >way to link them. Like my friend Aaron's garage band, Melting Pencils. Pick something that vaguely sounds like an innuendo, and run with it. :) Too bad the band's not as good as their name... Kirsten -- (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*) "For a 6-foot-3 guy with no hair and a whiny voice, I've done all right." -Billy Corgan kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Message-ID: <340603FD.3F47@gte.net> Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 16:04:29 -0700 From: "Stephen C. Kolderup" Subject: TMBG: TMBG Compilation OK, OK... I know all of you fans of me, Casey Kolderup, have been waiting for the next letter from me, Casey Kolderup. But I just want to get one thing straight. CASEY KOLDERUP is not a name dropper. CASEY KOLDERUP does not use his name to influence other people. noone cares about CASEY KOLDERUP. all right, let's move on, shall we? (spoilers) (spoilers) (spoilers) But anyway. This is the newest compilation of TMBG's best, according to me, CASEY KOLDERUP. If you use this order after you read this, I'd like if you put my name somewhere on the blank tape. Just because I'm an egocentric jerk. So.... here's the order: Critic Intro/ track 28/Then Disc 1 They Might Be Giants/track 18/Flood Rabid Child/8/TMBG Nothing's Gonna change my clothes/9/TMBG She's an Angel/11/TMBG Absolutely Bill's Mood/14/TMBG Chess Piece Face/15/TMBG When It Rains It Snows/21/Then Disc 1 Now That I have Everything/29/Then Disc 1 Ana Ng/Lincoln Cowtown/Lincoln Where your eyes don't go/" Santa's Beard/" Shoehorn With Teeth/" Nightgown of the Sullen Moon/then disc 2 Become A Robot/" Swing is a Word/" Minimum Wage/Flood Hotcha/Flood Mammal/Apollo 18 Statue Got Me High/A18 Spider/A18 Guitar/A18 Dinner Bell/a18 Which Describes..../A18 Constellation/A18 Turn Around/A18 Fingertips/A18 Space Suit/A18 Meet James Ensor/JH Token Back to brooklyn/0/FS 'Till my head falls off/2/FS EDG/4/FS N.Y.C./6/FS Spiraling Shape/9/FS I can hear you/12/FS Bells are ringing/13/FS Jessica/2/Why Does TSS?? Whirlpool/3/" That all fits on a 90-minute tape, and it's not half bad, either.... Just thought someone out there might be wondering "How does CASEY KOLDERUP arrange CASEY KOLDERUP'S Best of TMBG tape?????" Well, actually, I just sorda made it so I wouldn't die from boredom at camp this weekend. Casey "Casey" Kolderup Zork Boy etc. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3405F46B.7B67D263@BlazeNet.net> Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 17:58:04 -0400 From: wwdorward@blazenet.net (Wilson Dorward) Subject: Re: NONTMBG: AOL Instant Messenger > I've got ICQ so maybe if anyone else on the list has it we should get > each > other's UIN's or something. Just e-mail me if you want to Sounds like a good idea... Mine's 2104204.... Eric ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3405F59C.48E70016@BlazeNet.net> Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 18:03:09 -0400 From: wwdorward@blazenet.net (Wilson Dorward) Subject: Re: TMBG: IBM/MAC > Without trying to start a Mac vs. IBM war, just out of curiousity, how > > many of you primarily use MAC and how many IBM? > > We know They use Macs and so do I. What about the rest of you? > -B O N G O First, that's cheap. You make IBM users look bad because Linnell and Flans use Mac's. (Yes, I use an IBM...). Anyway, let's try to avoid that kind of battle. It'd get ugly really fast.... The survey is OK as long as it doesn't go overboard. Eric ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3405F836.F9C72FAD@BlazeNet.net> Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 18:14:15 -0400 From: wwdorward@blazenet.net (Wilson Dorward) Subject: Re: TMBG: Songs I'd never play as an intro > I'd just like to point out that I never said I hated Flood and that I agree that it serves a purpose other than introducing people to TMBG. I feel I've started another "crucade" and wish to remove myself from the fray (if one occurs...) > WOW!!! Someone agrees with me!!! It's been sooooo long since I've > heard > anyone say they didn't like everything on Flood!!! (I've been a place > that thought Flood was all the Giants ever wrote.....NO, not hell....I > > tried to save their souls, and I succeeded with some of them...). Look, right here....thanks... > I > also can't stand Pet Name, although I can stand it more than the stuff > > they play on the radio stations around here (York, PA).... Eric ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 18:38:26 -0400 Subject: Re: NONTMBG: Train's UIN Message-ID: <19970828.184432.4574.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> Hey! Train Here! My UIN is 2436882... if you want to be authorized make sure you say you're on the list... Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG Song Update: Frankenstein ("We Love You!" - Dr. Spock's Backup Band) On Thu, 28 Aug 1997 17:58:04 -0400 wwdorward@blazenet.net (Wilson Dorward) writes: >> I've got ICQ so maybe if anyone else on the list has it we should >get >> each >> other's UIN's or something. Just e-mail me if you want to > >Sounds like a good idea... > Mine's 2104204.... > >Eric > > ------------------------------ From: skibum@cyberia.com (The Christ Family) Subject: Re: NONTMBG: AOL Instant Messenger Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 19:13:56 EST Message-Id: <199708282313.9251500@cyberia.com> >> I've got ICQ so maybe if anyone else on the list has it we should get >> each >> other's UIN's or something. Just e-mail me if you want to > Mine is 1784190 Steve ------------------------------ From: skibum@cyberia.com (The Christ Family) Subject: Re: TMBG: Songs I'd never play as an intro Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 19:21:37 EST Message-Id: <199708282321.9257100@cyberia.com> >> > Eric..... it isn't bad to love TMBG and just like other popular music too. 105.7 plays some good stuff.... though TMBG is better. The point being that it is possible to like TMBG and other stuff too. Steve > >> I >> also can't stand Pet Name, although I can stand it more than the stuff they play on the radio stations around here (York, PA).... > >Eric > > ------------------------------ From: skibum@cyberia.com (The Christ Family) Subject: Re: TMBG: IBM/MAC Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 19:23:24 EST Message-Id: <199708282323.9258600@cyberia.com> >>First, that's cheap. You make IBM users look bad because Linnell and >>Flans use Mac's. >>(Yes, I use an IBM...). Anyway, let's try to avoid that kind of >>battle. It'd get ugly really fast.... The survey is OK as long as it >>doesn't go overboard. >> >>Eric >> >Agreed.... and good point Eric.... As perhaps the third most respected person in my books(I think you know who the first two are)... Abe Lincoln once said " A house divided can not stand" And much like A divided america.... we can not stand fighting over trivial things such as this(besides we know that IBM's are better anyway). > > Steve > ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 17:53:49 -0500 (CDT) From: Jim Subject: Re: TMBG: IBM/MAC Message-ID: On Thu, 28 Aug 1997, Bongo wrote: > Without trying to start a Mac vs. IBM war, just out of curiousity, how > many of you primarily use MAC and how many IBM? I am currently using a Packard Bell (which would be IMB compatible) with a 486DX CPU (an Intel inside, even!), 4MB RAM, 320MB HD (with somewhere around 70-85MB free), a 3.5" floppy drive (I have an external 5.25" floppy drive, but I don't have the right connections to hook it up), a SoundBlaster sound card (with little black speakers and a gray microphone), a 14.4 fax/modem, a CPU cooler fan, and a couple of blinking lights and a buzzer. It has Windows 3.11 and MS-DOS v6.20, complete with Quick Basic and (used to be) Turbo Pascal 6.0 (I deleted it to save space). I have ALL of the Commander Keen games (woo-hoo!) and the first episodes of the original Duke Nukem and Duke Nukem II (Duke Nukem 3D? Pfft! Nothing but a Doom clone! The originals are the masterpieces!), and gosh darn proud of 'em! I lost the cover screws to the main unit of my computer, but that doesn't really matter because I have to leave the cover half off anyway to keep it cool (the little fan broke!). Er, . . . that wasn't too much information, was it? =] Jim -Hey, if anyone has the rest of the Duke Nukem/Duke Nukem II series, send 'em to me! Pleeeeeeeeeeease! I'll do anything! I dance like a sugar plum fairy, even!- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34063E35.55A@ix.netcom.com> Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 20:12:53 -0700 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: TMBG: a whole bunch of unrelated things Hi everyone- I'm a leavin for Boston tomorrow, so I'll probably hear from everyone over the weekend (can't go too long without that net fix). Erm... I was gonna say something deep, something to do with flood or macs vs. ibms/clones, but I don't care to... Macs are good and so are Ibms. I use both (is that kinda like using both hands to write?) and I think both will serve my purposes when I take over the world (bwa-hahahahahaha!!!). Oh, sorry...wasn't supposed to type that. Bad hands!! Bad!! Well, g'bye all, I hope to see some of you lovely listees at the Hatch shell and I'll be back on the almighty list soon. :^) Amanda "They should have a Redneck Apprehension Society." -my sister ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: The princess bride Message-ID: <19970828.204602.10679.0.aviso@juno.com> From: aviso@juno.com (Justin T McElroy) Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 20:57:55 EDT What is My Giant? Justin McElroy aviso@juno.com "Fine pewter portraits of General Apathy and Major Bordem singin' whatever and ever Amen"-BFF ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199708290141.UAA14036@mixcom.mixcom.com> Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 20:41:09 -0500 From: Matt Mantsch Subject: TMBG: Flansburg RealAudio Interview Theres a new, I think it's new, real Audio interview with Flans at www.tongue-zine.com/issue/music/tmbg.html it's about 33 minutes. "Adults are just obsolete children, and the Hell with them."--(Dr.Seuss) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <340635AC.D5E1E062@mindless.com> Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 22:36:29 -0400 From: Christopher Sexton Organization: The Fuzzy Monks Subject: Re: NONTMBG: AOL Instant Messenger I am 559124.....hmmm, that's all.... -- Christopher Sexton A Fuzzy Monk fuzzymonk@mindless.com http://www.vt.edu:10021/C/chsexton ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 22:46:24 -0400 Message-Id: <199708290246.WAA26627@mail.kent.edu> From: "Martin G.Titchenell" Subject: TMBG: TMBG-my ICQ my ICQ # is 2552770. I'm usually on at night in Kent, OH. Marty ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199708290452.VAA11654@geocities.com> From: "Johann D. Beheader" Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 00:52:21 +0000 Subject: TMBG: ICQ Numberz Here's mine. 2583461 You'll need to ask first, but all I need is a good reason. YO YO YO YO YO YO YO YO YO MAAAAAAAHHH -Johann Oxymoronic quote: "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." -Ralph Waldo Emerson ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 00:55:27 -0400 (EDT) From: SadlyBear Subject: Re: TMBG: your take on the Flood debate Message-ID: Well, if TMBG was, indeed, my favorite band, which by far they are not, one would think that you would still have the unbiased judgement and criticism to decided what is good music and what isn't (instead of blindly, in an stuporous state, believing nearly everything put out by the band is decent music.) Ellen ---------------------------------------------------------------- |ellenk@cmp.acquiesce.org \ Cold Meat Productions - Baltimore| | Sometimes I see myself fine. Sometimes I need a witness. | ---------------------------------------------------------------- > If TMBG is, indeed, your favorite band, like mine, one would > >think that you'd love all of the albums (maybe not as much as another > >TMBG album, but in an absolute sense, you'd probably love it). > > I agree. Flood is probably currently my least-listened to TMBG > album, partly because I have it on tape and all the others are on cd. Cds > have made me lazy - I hate having to get up and flip the tape over. :) > But I will always, always love Flood, because it is what introduced me to > the magic of TMBG. Besides, it has "Birdhouse," "Dead," and "Road > Movie to Berlin" on it! > > Kirsten > -- > (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*) > "For a 6-foot-3 guy with no hair and a whiny voice, I've done all right." > -Billy Corgan > kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow AKA Brodie > ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-240 ******************************