Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-245 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 245 Wednesday, 3 September 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: "Severe Tire Damage"? Re: TMBG: "Severe Tire Damage"? Re: TMBG: "Severe Tire Damage"? TMBG: Linnell look-alike (me)! (none) TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-242 TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-243 TMBG: more fighting (NON-TMBG) Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-243 Re: Non-TMBG: IE Cache Re: TMBG:lookalikes and the originals Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Kaylum@aol.com Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 08:17:03 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970902081702_992855875@emout03.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: "Severe Tire Damage"? << >Any info on "Severe Tire Damage", the upcoming TMBG live album >mentioned on >the WFNX interview? Also, if anyone has a complete transcript, can >you >please forward it to the list? Um, why would TMBG make a live album with a name that stands for STD? Is this merely a coincidence? >> Since this is going to be a live album, I think it's just a reference to the rigors of touring. Whatever it's called, I hope it really does materialize! Kay ------------------------------ Message-ID: <340C2AF3.1170@ix.netcom.com> Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 11:04:19 -0400 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: wekbuh (WECB) Subject: Re: TMBG: "Severe Tire Damage"? Evan R Kleve wrote: > > On Mon, 01 Sep 1997 13:19:34 -0400 Adam Tyner writes: > >Any info on "Severe Tire Damage", the upcoming TMBG live album > >mentioned on > >the WFNX interview? Also, if anyone has a complete transcript, can > >you > >please forward it to the list? > > Um, why would TMBG make a live album with a name that stands for STD? Is > this merely a coincidence? I think flans may have been kidding about the name. He mentioned that it was the tenative title, so the likelihood of it changing is pretty high. That's what I think, anyhoo. Amanda ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 15:44:42 -0400 Message-Id: <199709021944.PAA25225@k12.oit.umass.edu> From: tghattas@k12.oit.umass.edu (Tammy Ghattas (Wellesley HS 99)) Subject: Re: TMBG: "Severe Tire Damage"? >Any info on "Severe Tire Damage", the upcoming TMBG live album >mentioned on >the WFNX interview? Also, if anyone has a complete transcript, can >you >please forward it to the list? I have a transcript, and I've already posted this info to the newsgroup (sorry for neglecting the mailing list!), but it's like 17 pages long, and in consideration for the digesters (I am one :) who might not want to read it, if you want it, email me at ghattas@ix.netcom.com and I'd be happy to send you a copy. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 15:50:54 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Linnell look-alike (me)! Message-ID: <19970902.155055.15590.0.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Today in school I was very bored in Earth Science, so I pulled out my pictures of the TMBG concert at Kenyon College. Somebody in my class was looking over my shoulder, and when I got to a picture of John Linnell he said "Is that you?" Appalled I said "NO!" but I'm honored all the same! Nobody at my table in that class knew who TMBG was, but I had a few pictures of Rigatta 69 (anybody at the concert knows who I'm talking about) and somebody said he liked them and was very interested in my pictures. It's something I guess. -Evan R Kleve P.S. I CAN'T WAIT FOR TMBG TO COME BACK TO OHIO!!! Well, preferably around the Cleveland area, but I'll go if it's even around the Ohio area! ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 14:09:37 -0800 Message-Id: 10687116.1.1451@server1.onmedia.com From: "Lani O:)" Hi all! I haven't been reading the list religiously for a while, so I'm just going to burst in here and let you all know how important I am. :) *burst* Yes, I think they reprinted more of those Man shirts at the info club because they love me. Or else they're afraid of me. Last time I ordered one, they were sold out. Then I ordered again and sent a picture of me with my Little Man tattoo, and... I begged. I said I'd even take an old, used, torn, stained one; I just HAD to have one. And just the other day I got my brand new Big Happy Purple Guy shirt in the mail. Ahhh... Power. I like it. I just thought I should let you all know. You are in the presence of greatness. Or some kind of virtual-presence, anyway. (No, I'm not serious about the power trip thing. I do love my new shirt, though. I now have six They shirts! Woo hoo!) -Lani O:) lanio@u.washington.edu http://weber.u.washington.edu/~lanio http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Lair/6692 * ------------------------------------------------------ | Go Play with GoPlay Email! | http://www.goplay.com/email/1000004 - it's FREE! ------------------------------ From: cdanve10@scu.edu.au Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 09:24:28 +1000 Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970903092718.231fc70e@student.scu.edu.au> Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-242 >> I'm a jazz musician and I want to do a full-on , be-bop redition of a >TMBG >> song ..... Any Suggestions ?? >> >> So-man > >DIRT BIKE!!! What is it with dirt bike .... It's definately one of my least favourite songs on JH .... I always skip it ..... So-man ------------------------------ From: cdanve10@scu.edu.au Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 09:34:22 +1000 Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970903093711.1c4f7f7a@student.scu.edu.au> Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-243 Originality in music ???? .... It's hard to say anything is orginal these days ....i'd find it tough to like anything if I only like original music ... even TMBG are becoming less original IMHO .... In the last year I've really become tolerant to good music of most styles and I really music say the brains behind the spice girls really have their bases covered .... my younger sisters like them and got the CD ... I good for that style .... It's interesting .. If I could buy a CD a week I'd probably have it ...... But originality is hardthese days ... People are just trying to make music interesting with out going all the way with something new .... Actually I'd like to know what people thought was original now ???? any takers ???? So-man >>> All music is equally true. In music there is no right or wrong... >>>except theres one thing can be WRONG to me and thats UNORIGINALITY. > ------------------------------ From: cdanve10@scu.edu.au Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 09:42:25 +1000 Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970903094514.231ffa0a@student.scu.edu.au> Subject: TMBG: more fighting (NON-TMBG) Call me a sadist but send me one .... Don't worry about beign non TMBG cause how boring would life be with only TMBG ........ SO-man >>> The above is a snip from fiery tirade posted yesterday by Mitchell >>>Harding in my response to my calling The Spice Girls and Hootie and the >>>Blowfish "unoriginal". Mr. Harding found that to be "disturbing". (he! >>>he!) My reply to him is lengthly and 90% non TMBG related so I'll be >>>sending it to him directly. >>> >>> ...but if anyone here is curious to see my response, I'll gladly >>>send you a copy. >>> >>>-B O N G O ggr@pacificnet.net ------------------------------ Message-ID: <340CDF14.3F2B@tmbg.org> Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 20:52:52 -0700 From: Ruprecht The Nonsensical Organization: Representatives of the People of Here Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-243 cdanve10@scu.edu.au wrote: > Actually I'd like to know what people thought was original now ???? > any takers ???? The new David Byrne album, "Feelings." I have yet to stress this nearly enough. -- Money pours down and it drowns the little man. --David Byrne \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ http://freshnet.de/user/ruprecht/ * Now in FreshNet Vision * ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199709030135.SAA02617@geocities.com> From: "Holl" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: IE Cache Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 18:40:17 -0700 when you click on a midi file, to save them choose the option "Save To Disk" instead of "Open", and then just use media player to run them -----Original Message----- From: Joshua D Nielsen To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Saturday, August 30, 1997 1:01 AM Subject: Non-TMBG: IE Cache I learned something today. I have heard compliants that peolpe can't download the Midi files because they use Internet Explorer. I knew it cached the midis, but didn't know how to listen to them off-line. Now I know. You right-click on the file name, select copy, and paste it where you want it. That's it! Did anyone else know that?? I feel dumb. It's so easy! Josh Nielsen jnielsen69@juno.com http://www.angelfire.com/or/jnielsen/ http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Studio/4091 ICQ #1337243 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <340CC181.4CCE@ix.netcom.com> Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 21:46:41 -0400 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: wekbuh (WECB) Subject: Re: TMBG:lookalikes and the originals I think it's cool that someone mistook evan for Linnell. It's very flattering when someone mistakes you for someone you look up to. I'm jealous in a roundabout way..:^) As for the originality thang, someone once said that it's not the artists that are flat, but the audience. People have a tendancy to cling to the familiar in any genre; that's why it's so hard for new bands (like Rasputina, say, or the ethereal Soul Coughing) to be accepted. Critics automatically look for parallels with classic bands. Even new tv shows get the royal screwjobs from stations when they try to do things differently (remember "tv nation?"). Not that such things are excuses for laziness or creative slumps. Let's face it, it's hard to be clever all the time. Every now and then, you have to be stupid so you can remember why you do things a certian way. that's pretty much what I have to say... goin' to the hatch with a big ole party hat on!!! Amanda ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-245 ******************************