Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-249 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 249 Sunday, 7 September 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Newsletter??? And where's my X-Mas Present?!?! TMBG: webster theater, hartford Re: TMBG: patches & newsletter: catching up.. TMBG: "Rest Awhile" on Download-a-Song! Non-TMBG: Hello Recording Club Question TMBG: Problems getting song Re: TMBG: Anyone remember me? Re: TMBG: these ?'s three TMBG: OMLT info Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <34110515.D7BDB72F@ibm.net> Date: Sat, 06 Sep 1997 03:24:06 -0400 From: Robyn Miller Subject: TMBG: Newsletter??? And where's my X-Mas Present?!?! Okay... I know most of you don't know me because I rarely EVER post... but I read that someone got their new newsletter in the mail recently. Okay, is this a new NEW newsletter? Is it the one after the "new smaller size"-announcing-the-website-including-FS-lyrics one that was sent out in late '96 or a more recent one. If it's a more recent one, than I'm wondering... exactly how many people have gotten it and does anybody else have problems recieving newsletters??? I think the info-club hates me or something. I ordered over $100 worth of eps (to complete my collection), products, and tees last October or early November and I haven't recieved ANY of it yet. Not even a message saying why they can't fill my order. And I'm afraid to re-order because if the first order DOES go through, then I'll be billed TWICE for everything I ordered. PLUS! The last mail I got from the info club was the X-Mas 1995 and the MonoPuff postcard. The only reason I have a copy of the FS Lyrics one is because I have connections. PLEASE HELP!!! I'm really frustrated because I already re-signed up on the mailing TWICE because I wasn't recieving anything and I got frightened. Since the day I first signed up to be in the info-club (October 1994) I have recieved (in order) one tour dates postcard, one 1995 New Year's newsletter, the 1996 X-Mas Newsletter, and the MonoPuff postcard. Has anyone gotten more than that? (Besides the FS, of course) Because if not, maybe my FS one got lost in the mail or something. I know the newletter's not really regular, but I kinda feel like I'm being skimped or something. Any advice? All I know is I WANT MY STUFF!!! I need to feed the obsession!!! You'd think they'd want my business. I bought nearly everything in the catalog that I didn't have already. My mom told me to pick out what I wanted and it would be my X-Mas gift. That's basically all she bought me. I waited and waited. And I didn't have much of a Christmas because it didn't arrive. And it's been EIGHT months since! Okay, I'm done! -Robyn- (AKA "ew0k") ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970906135756.00672de8@uconnvm.uconn.edu> Date: Sat, 06 Sep 1997 09:57:56 -0400 From: corrine Subject: TMBG: webster theater, hartford anyone get a set list from last night's show that they could mail me? corey ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970907005659.006a39dc@postoffice.sandybay.utas.edu.au> Date: Sun, 07 Sep 1997 00:56:59 +1000 From: Brownie Subject: Re: TMBG: patches & newsletter: catching up.. >1) Are the TMBG patches still a valid idea? Is there a deadline for orders? You know the first time I saw people were talking about TMBG patches I thought they were for addicts, like niccotine patches for smokers. I thought " I've gotta get me some of those!!" Brownie --------------------------- tear here ------------------------------- Bad Movie Quote: "(she)-You've got good taste in clothes, good taste in food... (he)- Good taste in women too, I like your flavour!" North By Northwest (Hitchcock) ICQ: 1310725 http:www.geocities.com/Hollywood/6739/ ------------------------------ From: GaritRN@aol.com Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 11:51:45 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970906115139_1986989601@emout05.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: "Rest Awhile" on Download-a-Song! Hey there, Download-a-Song is back, and the first song on it is a complete brand-spankin' new They Might Be Giants song! A rockin' Linnell track called "Rest Awhile" from the 9/4/97 NYU show. You can get the Rest Awhile WAV from the Download-a-Song homepage, which is located at: http://members.aol.com/GaritRN The file is in ZIP format, so feel free to email me if you're not familiar with it. Special thanks to Liz for providing this WAV for us. Larry "You can't spell success....without 'u'!" - Cheri Oteri ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 10:59:15 -0500 (CDT) Message-Id: <199709061559.KAA22108@mail.utexas.edu> From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Non-TMBG: Hello Recording Club Question What is Hello's e-mail address on AOL? Thanks, Mitch ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970906120441.0069dc94@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sat, 06 Sep 1997 12:04:41 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Problems getting song When I click on "Rest Awhile", I get a file not found error. When I click on "click here", it gets radiostr.wav. -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 11:04:45 -0500 (CDT) Message-Id: <199709061604.LAA25086@mail.utexas.edu> From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: Anyone remember me? >Can anyone else think of another band (except the Beatles of course) that >has experienced such a change in musical sound? The only one that springs to >mind for me is Spinal Tap, but they don't really count (do they?) >Anyways, rant at y'all later :) XTC has changed significantly, and the Violent Femmes have a substantially different sound than when they began. Aerosmith likewise... I guess I'd say that any group that has been around for more than 8-10 years probably has changed their sound significantly. There are exceptions, of course, but I certainly don't consider this to be a characteristic at all unique to TMBG. Mitcharfus Malus ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 12:25:03 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: these ?'s three Message-ID: <19970906.123900.3470.1.yoda89@juno.com> From: yoda89@juno.com (James C Stiffey) On Thu, 4 Sep 1997 17:05:57 -0400 (EDT) pkent@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu (pat kent) writes: >Hey dudes and dude-ettes, > >I was hoping some of you might be able to answer some questions >that have been on my mind lately: > > 1) Exactly what is #TMBG? From postings on here, I'm assuming > it's a sort of chat-oriented "thing." But I never >quite > understood it. And it's not because I'm computer > illiterate: I'm a CS major. :) #TMBG is the They Might Be Giants IRC channel...I believe it is a primarily EFNET channel but I have found a few on other nets. > 2) What created Monopuff? Now I know Flansy is in it, but was > he just looking for another outlet? Another style, >perhaps? > Or is Flansy not a permenant member of the band? Just > confusion on my end. I don't know this one > 3) Has anyone heard anything about where the Johns might go >after > the Elektra contract goes poof? DO you think they >might > stay, or will Elektra boot them out? MAybe they could go to Epitapth :), well, I can always hope > >Thanks in advance, >Kelley Kent (who is home for a brief break, so please use the e-mail > shown above as sender . . .) >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >Simpsons Trivia > 2) Where is the Quik-E-Mart headquarters? India > 3) What did Bart call his pet elephant? > 4) Which of the following is a Simpsons character? > B)Otto > > ------------------------------ From: Christi587@aol.com Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 22:24:50 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970906222343_873935811@emout08.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: OMLT info Here is all the information you need to pay for your OMLT. There is one small catch: I calculated this on my own and am awaiting Bob's verification of some costs, which I will get when he comes home from his camping trip tomorrow night. So I won't post my address until then, but I will tell you what you owe me and how it breaks down. All dollar amounts are in US currency. First of all, you all owe me $7.40 for each S-XL shirt you ordered, including shirt price, screen setup costs, and sales tax. People who ordered XXL owe $9.20 for each XXL shirt. That's a pretty darn good price. Thank you, Bob, for giving us the shirts at cost (clapclapclapclap). Next, you owe me shipping costs. This depends on where you live, not on what size shirt you ordered. Anywhere in continental USA: $3 per shirt. Canada: $3.30 per shirt. Anywhere in Europe: $6.40 per shirt. Australia: $8.15 per shirt. Last, you owe me packaging costs. I took a trip to the post office today to scope out package prices. For people who ordered 1 shirt, I will be sending your shirt in its own luxurious padded envelope. Please pay $1.30 for each envelope you need. People who ordered 2 or more shirts will get an appropriate size box o' shirts. Please pay $1.30 for your box. You pay the same price as for an envelope because some of your shipping price for each shirt would have helped pay for the weight of the envelope holding it, so it balances out (if that doesn't make sense, ignore it and trust me). So, to determine your personal amount owed: Number of S-XL shirts x 7.40 + Number of XXL shirts x 9.20 + Total number of shirts x shipping rate of your country + 1 Envelope or 1 box x 1.30 ----------------------------- Total price you owe me For example, let's say you live in Brooklyn and you ordered one XL shirt for yourself and one XXL shirt for your pal. You owe me reg. shirt cost: 1 x 7.40 = 7.40 XXL shirt cost: 1 x 9.20 = 9.20 shipping: 2 x 3.00 = 6.00 packaging: 1 x 1.30 = 1.30 -------------- total cost: $23.90 So put down your accordion and write me a check. Everybody got that? Now for some technical stuff. DO NOT SEND CASH IN THE MAIL. NEVER, EVER, EVER SEND CASH IN THE MAIL. I am NOT RESPONSIBLE if you are stupid and send cash and it gets ripped off by some disgruntled postal employee. Please *do* send personal checks made out to Christine McCullough (and spell it right, or I'll be sad). You are allowed to just send me one check for everything, because I like you so much. Non-USA people should send a money order, unless you can think of something better to do (NOT sending cash, of course). Please avoid sending me foreign currency. E-mail me if there is a problem. When you send me your check/money order, also enclose a piece of paper with a breakdown of the costs (like the one I showed you above) and show how they add up to the final amount you are sending me on the check. This will only take a second (you'll have to figure it out anyway, so it won't be that hard to write it down) and it will make my job much easier. I can quickly figure out if you sent the right amount without having to calculate everything myself. On this piece of paper, also include a small statement that goes like this: I understand that Christine McCullough is not responsible for my order. I will not hold her accountable for any damage done to the shirt(s) I have ordered. And please sign it. This is important, because I can't reimburse you if some machine crushes your shirt package or it gets lost in the mail or whatever. I will get your shirts in the mail, but after that, you are on your own. My dad is a lawyer and he won't let me accept your money unless you all assure me that you won't hold me responsible for anything bad that happens. If you live in the Washington DC area, please read: I attend as many TMBG concerts as possible in the greater DC area. If you would like to save packaging/shipping costs and don't mind waiting a while, I will try to get your shirt to you at a concert. Keep in mind that there is no guarantee that there will be any concerts around here any time soon, nor will I attend one specifically to give you your shirt. But if you are willing to wait for a concert we are both attending, I will do my best to find you there and give you your shirt. Please let me know if this is something you want. That's all I can think of for the time being. I will get back to you tomorrow with the final OK from Bob and I'll give you the address to send those checks. Thanks for your patience, and I hope you still have a lot left. --Christy ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-249 ******************************