Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-252 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 252 Wednesday, 10 September 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Di TMBG: mr insensitive TMBG: They Might Be Shoes Re: TMBG: mr insensitive Re: TMBG: Di TMBG: Actual TMBG content!!!!!!! TMBG: quick question... Re: TMBG: Actual TMBG content!!!!!!! Re: TMBG: oh, those kids with their bell-bottom jeans and their rock n roll music...they're so weird!! Re: TMBG: Actual TMBG content!!!!!!! Re: TMBG: oh, those kids with their bell-bottom jeans and their rock n roll music...they're so weird!! TMBG: @tmbg.org problems Re: TMBG: oh, those kids with their bell-bottom jeans and their rock n roll music...they're so weird!! TMBG: CONCERT NORFOLK, VA TMBG: quake add-on Re: TMBG: oh, those kids with their bell-bottom jeans and Re: TMBG: @tmbg.org problems Re: TMBG: CONCERT NORFOLK, VA TMBG: OMLT costs and address! Yay! :) TMBG: Washington List People TMBG: another crazy idea... Re: TMBG: another crazy idea... Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: cdanve10@scu.edu.au Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 16:32:04 +1000 Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970909163537.2dcf55c6@students.scu.edu.au> Subject: TMBG: Di I've had this di discussion with other and we came to the conclusion that she got way to much death press compared to Mother Teresa...... Just cause no one can prove that Di did lots of good stuff before she was engaged (like MT did) ..... I Also though it was pretty screwed that the media killed Di (although the driver was drunk..I still think the media was sort of to blame) yet they Televise the whole funeral and just seem to get concent for this stuff from the royals ....... Didn't you think it was stuffed when the royal family resonded moderately to the media , The media made them look bad saying that they should have more respect or what not then when Prince Charles and everyone was seen at the funeral and pressured into saying something the media says it Their " TRUE FEELINGS " ....... I really think that's crap ... I mean how dumb do they think we are ....... And the papers saying he had "UP TO" 10 wiskeys is like saying I've had up to 14 Beers cause at some point in my life I bet someones seen me do it Therefore I could have !!! ...... I just can't believe the media sometimes .... I also think that the fact that they, now someone has died , are getting mad at the media is crap as they really didn't care at all the complains .... I hate the standards we make/break So-man ------------------------------ From: "Mr. Me" Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 02:57:19 CST Subject: TMBG: mr insensitive Message-ID: <1A0FCD2798D@athena.valpo.edu> i hate to sound insensitive, but i just re-subscribed to the list, and found the majority of the messages pertaining to the death of princess di. while i'm sure she has touched many people on the list, i'd really prefer not to have my mailbox full of letters about her. although i certainly have opinions on the issue, i will refrain from posting them here, and can be reached personally about such issues, as can all other people on the list interested in di. i always feel guilty about sending such messages, so to make this one giant, i'll include a brief story. there is a fellow they-fan at my school that for some time my friends had told me about and insisted that i meet her. well, i had seen her around and was friends with her roomate, but for almost a semester, our paths somehow managed not to cross. her name is hannah, so as a joke, i would sing on occasion "hannah ng," just cause we still hadn't walked in the glow of each other's majestic presence. and the other day, i met her. it was weird to finally meet someone that i was supposed to meet months ago. i have no idea if she's on the list or not, but if you are, i hope you didn't mind the little tale. jeremy [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] "First I ask myself, 'why am I doing this?' Then I tell myself, 'because I said so.'" --The Muldoons [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] Experience the many media of Jeremy Skrenes! Email: jskrenes@athena.valpo.edu Snail: Web: http://www.valpo.edu/home/student/jskrenes 141 Wehrenberg Airwaves: new sho schedule coming soon Valparaiso, IN 46383 ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 09:28:22 -0400 Message-Id: <199709091328.JAA05487@one.net> From: John Lambert Subject: TMBG: They Might Be Shoes Me thinks that our beloved shoe "mistress" needs to buy a pair of those Mickey Mouse slippers with the plastic heads on the end, surgically remove those mouse heads, and attach John heads instead. Just a thought.... Green Jello ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34154DA1.69A8@erols.com> Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 09:22:41 -0400 From: Zydell Organization: N/A Subject: Re: TMBG: mr insensitive Mr. Me wrote: > > i hate to sound insensitive, but i just re-subscribed to the list, > and found the majority of the messages pertaining to the death of > princess di. I have had 4 messages that mention her since she died, counting "Mr. Insensitive." Am I missing some of the posts? Or are you just worried that the thread will take off? Nancy ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19970909161811.26371.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Carl Hoffmann" Subject: Re: TMBG: Di Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 09:18:10 PDT I've had this di discussion with other and we came to the conclusion that she got way to much death press compared to Mother Teresa...... Just cause no one can prove that Di did lots of good stuff before she was engaged (like MT did) Of course she did. 1)Diana died first. I think any news story that week would have been hard pressed to find any front page space, especially the day before her funeral. 2)Diana was more popular, celebrity-wise. We can be cynical all we want about who was the greater humanitarian, but from a popularity standpoint, Diana was infinitely more newsworthy. ..... I Also though it was pretty screwed that the media killed Di (although the driver was drunk..I still think the media was sort of to blame) yet they Televise the whole funeral and just seem to get concent for this stuff from the royals ....... While I agree that the paparrazi (sp?) had unfairly harassed Diana throughout most of her life, the media was NOT solely responsible for Diana's death. The fact that 50 Million people watched her funeral around the world underscores the fact that if people did not plunk down their money for these magazines, the would not be in business. To go a step further, if we did not have this "starstruck" attitude about celebrities, maybe "The Globe", Nat'l Enquirer, et al. would not be as much of a force. Didn't you think it was stuffed when the royal family resonded moderately to the media , The media made them look bad saying that they should have more respect or what not then when Prince Charles and everyone was seen at the funeral and pressured into saying something the media says it Their " TRUE FEELINGS " ....... I really think that's crap ... I mean how dumb do they think we are ....... I agree, but it almost seemed like a predictable response from the royals, who may quickly find themselves becoming irrelevant. --Carl Hoffmann ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 12:35:24 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <2.2.16.19970909122524.126736c6@email.uc.edu> From: "%^)" Subject: TMBG: Actual TMBG content!!!!!!! Well, since no one else seems to be interested in adding some TMBG-related, I will. Just an interesting experience. Well, I was at work, and I went to the office to ask a question. I was wearing my TMBG long sleeve, sailor/tattoo shirt. Well, the one guy I work with just started to sing the chorus of "They Might Be Giants". It was pretty neat, never had anyone just start singing at the sight of a TMBG shirt. Other than that, I'm just hoping that They'll come back to Ohio soon. Later. Heather Heather Garver garverhl@email.uc.edu http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Track/4066 http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Club/4141 ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 11:25:53 -0500 (CDT) From: Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: TMBG: quick question... Message-ID: >I'm home now, and I'm tired. We found a gas station in nowhere CT >called >"Masterbait & Tackle" We got shirts. 8^) In Colorado, just outside of Loveland on the way to Estes Park, there's a hair salon called "The Curl Up N' Dye Salon." I wish they sold shirts. :) Anyway, enough unrelated schtuff. Okay, I have a question for you all. Has anybody read the interview where one of the Johns joke about releasing a bunch of b-sides, only on vinyl, and calling it "Crappy"? I think it was maybe in the Q & A section of an old info club newsletter, I'm not sure. Now, I was talking to a guy whose friend swears that this was actually made and released to a few radio stations in Brooklyn. (DISCLAIMER: don't laugh at me, I didn't say I actually believed him.) Has anyone even remotely heard of this as a rumor, or is this just completely coming from out of nowhere? One last thing--since I've been gone all summer, I've kinda been out of the loop as far as TMBG news is concerned. Can some kind soul who has a couple of minutes to spare fill me in on this Severe Tire Damage thing? (Just e-mail me privately, don't post it to the list.) I would be ever so grateful. (I'm just now catching up on all kinds of news I've missed all summer, not having internet access--I just found out last week that cub broke up. :( ) --Tara -- Tara Weber 00085244@bigred.unl.edu, Ondine@tmbg.org http://members.tripod.com/~TaraW "We want everybody to have a good time, but we're not on a rock hero trip." --John Flansburgh "It's more of a rock gyro trip." --John Linnell ****MSTie #74191, TMBGer #38978**** ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 12:00:52 -0500 (EST) From: Ryan Staib Subject: Re: TMBG: Actual TMBG content!!!!!!! Message-ID: On Tue, 9 Sep 1997, %^) wrote: *sailor/tattoo shirt. Well, the one guy I work with just started to sing the *chorus of "They Might Be Giants". It was pretty neat, never had anyone just *start singing at the sight of a TMBG shirt. Other than that, I'm just *hoping that They'll come back to Ohio soon. Later. My mom always sings the chorus of "They Might Be Giants" whenever I wear my "hats" tshirt! And sometimes, she asks me to let her listen to "Meet James Ensor," or "Istanbul," or "Birdhouse." Boy those songs look weird in quotation marks. And she sings all the time around the house, and sometimes she sings a TMBG song! It's weird to hear my mom sing TMBG, especially because she changes the timing and melody (on purpose) sometimes. And I live in Ohio. Coincidence? I think so. RS ------------------------------ Message-ID: <341587C1.292B@ix.netcom.com> Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 13:30:41 -0400 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: wekbuh (WECB) Subject: Re: TMBG: oh, those kids with their bell-bottom jeans and their rock n roll music...they're so weird!! Both of my parents seem to love They. I think it's kinda funny, considering that they're divorced. My mom calls them "those two guys from New York that cover 'istambul.'" My dad just got Flood on cassette after hearing a lot of tmbg from me (and hearing about my concert experiences)...I find the whole thing odd. My little brother started listening to Them while I was away, so I bought him John Henry. Soon after, my parents came into liking tmbg. My sister loves the Intros and "all the odd sounding songs." She especially loves "lady is a tramp." nothing to do with Ohio, though. I'm originally from Wisconsin, though..so maybe there's a whole mid west type thing going on. or not. Amanda ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970909140708.0069e2f8@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 14:07:08 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Actual TMBG content!!!!!!! I had that happen to me a couple of weeks ago, and I thought that was cool too. Normally people start singing "Istanbul", which has happened three or four times, but hearing someone sing something that at least required listening to an album was cool. TTYL, -Adam At 12:35 PM 9/9/97 -0400, you wrote: >Well, since no one else seems to be interested in adding some TMBG-related, >I will. Just an interesting experience. Well, I was at work, and I went to >the office to ask a question. I was wearing my TMBG long sleeve, >sailor/tattoo shirt. Well, the one guy I work with just started to sing the >chorus of "They Might Be Giants". It was pretty neat, never had anyone just >start singing at the sight of a TMBG shirt. Other than that, I'm just >hoping that They'll come back to Ohio soon. Later. /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 15:06:51 -0400 (EDT) From: Elizabeth Esswein Subject: Re: TMBG: oh, those kids with their bell-bottom jeans and their rock n roll music...they're so weird!! Message-ID: My mother also likes TMBG. I was listening to them and she asked me who they were. She even went to one of their concerts. My father doesn't though. But he is opposed to bands that formed after 1973 out of principle, so maybe he doesn't count. (Anybody newer than that just can't be any good.) Elizabeth ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970909121914.0075b19c@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 12:23:26 -0700 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: @tmbg.org problems >Anyone else have some SERIOUS mail server problems lately using their @tmbg.org email address? I haven't been getting as much mail as I normally do, but I admit that I hadn't chalked it up to tmbg.org server problems. Leo??? Wassup? --n the wn *** "They tore down the garage to make room for the torn-down garage."--They Might Be Giants Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn Public PGP key at http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn/key.html ncarlson@mail.arc.nasa.gov nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3415A967.E8887A99@BlazeNet.net> Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 15:54:16 -0400 From: wwdorward@blazenet.net (Wilson Dorward) Subject: Re: TMBG: oh, those kids with their bell-bottom jeans and their rock n roll music...they're so weird!! Elizabeth Esswein wrote: > My mother also likes TMBG. I was listening to them and she asked me > who > they were. She even went to one of their concerts. My father doesn't > > though. But he is opposed to bands that formed after 1973 out of > principle, so maybe he doesn't count. (Anybody newer than that just > can't > be any good.) > > Elizabeth You people are really lucky. My entire family can't stand them. All I hear is how they suck from my sister (who likes the Spice Girls, for example) and how I should turn it off from my always cranky parents. Not Fair....Eric ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 18:00:59 -0400 Subject: TMBG: CONCERT NORFOLK, VA Message-ID: <19970909.180100.4822.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> Ok... since no one answers my posts about going to the Norfolk, VA show... I am going to say this: I am going to the Norfolk, VA show at the Boathouse... I got my ticket today.... I will be wearing jean shorts, and a Wallace and Gromit T-shirt... I will be there with a girl, a Blond headed, short haired guy, and a brown haired curly haired guy... and I am a brown headed short haired guy (in a Wallace and Gromit T-shirt) I am NOT bootlegging the concert.... but wish I was... I will post a review and setlist to the list after the concert... I WILL be buying a new severe tire damage shirt... so here is a question and PLEASE REPLY!! FAST!!!! how much does a T-shirt cost at the concert... AND... How can I get a setlist???? I mean an ACTUAL setlist!!! and that is all... PLEASE REPLY FAST!!!!! PLEASE!!! Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: They Got Lost ------------------------------ From: Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 17:10:06 CST Subject: TMBG: quake add-on Message-ID: <1AF18F306D2@athena.valpo.edu> anybody try the they quake add-on available from the tmbg.org website through the arcade section? my roomate has quake on his computer and he said i could try it if i wanted. however, if it's not worth it, i'd rather use my time more constructively, like by playing tie fighter (i have one more battle to go and i will have beaten the game). also, if anybody knows for sure it's virus free that would help. i'm assuming it's safe since it's from a pretty reliable website, but you never know. if nobody's tried it, i should have it up and running by the weekend and i can let you all know whether it's fun or lame or both or neither. i also would like a personal email on what i've missed all summer, updates on the johns, albums tours whatever they have next. also, i heard some time ago that mono puff was due to have another album out. is this true, and is it or when will it be available? jeremy [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] "First I ask myself, 'why am I doing this?' Then I tell myself, 'because I said so.'" --The Muldoons [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] Experience the many media of Jeremy Skrenes! Email: jskrenes@athena.valpo.edu Snail: Web: http://www.valpo.edu/home/student/jskrenes 141 Wehrenberg Airwaves: new sho schedule coming soon Valparaiso, IN 46383 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199709100012.TAA25069@csrlink.net> Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 19:18:48 -0400 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: Re: TMBG: oh, those kids with their bell-bottom jeans and My dad is a somewhat-fan. Once I was playing a tape in a car, and he really got into Birdhouse. Sometimes he lets me play my CDs while we're eating dinner, and I think he secretly likes them, but doesn't come out and say anything cause I'd think that he's weird(er). Oh, I almost forgot the best part. We were putting the second floor of a house. Anyone who knows about building houses knows that joists are the big crossbeams that planks are laid on to make the actual floors of your house. Anyway, we had listened to a tape on the way over, so my dad had heard Particle Man. When my dad's building, he's wackier than ever. So he started singing "Joist hanger man, joist hanger man..." And he wouldn't stop! For a whole day! I thought it was good for a laugh. (My sister is a major Floodie, but that's another annoying story. And my girlfriend and a good friend both love WDTSS?) Oh, thanks to the wonder that is Jish, I should be going to the TMBG show this Saturday!!! I am soooo happy. More details later when I'm positive. Hope I see some of you there! Dylan "Undernet Boy" Flipse -Dylan "Brooklyn's Third Ambassador of Love" Flipse dflipse@csrlink.net - http://www.geocities.com/Athens/9909/ - "My goal in life is to score a 100 on my SATs."-Dylan My life's just all one big inside joke. ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199709092347.TAA01286@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: Re: TMBG: @tmbg.org problems Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 19:47:37 -0400 (EDT) > >Anyone else have some SERIOUS mail server problems lately using their > @tmbg.org email address? > > I haven't been getting as much mail as I normally do, but I admit that I > hadn't chalked it up to tmbg.org server problems. Leo??? Wassup? I haven't seen any problems but then I've been out of town and not watching things too closely. If someone can point me to a specific problem I'd be happy to track it down. -- Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org System Administration - Network Design TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3416133A.F076F71A@visi.net> Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 23:25:46 -0400 From: "S. Bergeron" Subject: Re: TMBG: CONCERT NORFOLK, VA mr.train@juno.com wrote: > Ok... since no one answers my posts about going to the Norfolk, VA > show... I am going to say this: > I am going to the Norfolk, VA show at the Boathouse... I got my ticket > > today.... I will be wearing jean shorts, and a Wallace and Gromit > T-shirt... I will be there with a girl, a Blond headed, short haired > guy, > and a brown haired curly haired guy... and I am a brown headed short > haired guy (in a Wallace and Gromit T-shirt) I am NOT bootlegging the > concert.... but wish I was... I will post a review and setlist to the > list after the concert... I will be there, also. I'll be wearing black shorts, a Christopher Newport University cap, and a black shirt. I'll be there with a girl, also (cute, dark blonde, clinging all over me). Umm...if you can see my hair, I don't have very much. I've got a military high-and-tight. I'm 6 foot, and about 210, kind of hard to miss. I'll also be the asshole who keeps yelling "WORM!!!" > I WILL be buying a new severe tire damage shirt... so here is a > question > and PLEASE REPLY!! FAST!!!! how much does a T-shirt cost at the > concert... AND... How can I get a setlist???? I mean an ACTUAL > setlist!!! > and that is all... PLEASE REPLY FAST!!!!! PLEASE!! Well, I think I've got dibs on the setlist....:) I wish. Umm...I'm going to bring thirty bucks (a lot for a starving student), and if I can get a T-shirt, wonderful. I am really excited about going. I've been on the list basically since it came to tmbg.org, and I've worked on the web page (although I feel a bit guilty about how little I've been able to do lately), yet I've never seen TMBG live. I was upset about missing the 9:30 club show awhile back. If something like it happens again, I'm going to bust my ass to get there. I'm looking forward to meeting some listies. --Jack, aka Bluedawg ------------------------------ From: Christi587@aol.com Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 23:37:32 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970909233521_1261799127@emout14.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: OMLT costs and address! Yay! :) This is a partial repost of the message I posted earlier: *** ...All dollar amounts are in US currency. First of all, you all owe me $7.40 for each S-XL shirt you ordered, including shirt price, screen setup costs, and sales tax. People who ordered XXL owe $9.20 for each XXL shirt. That's a pretty darn good price. Thank you, Bob, for giving us the shirts at cost (clapclapclapclap). Next, you owe me shipping costs. This depends on where you live, not on what size shirt you ordered. Anywhere in continental USA: $3 per shirt. Canada: $3.30 per shirt. Anywhere in Europe: $6.40 per shirt. Australia: $8.15 per shirt. Yeah, I know it's steep, but that's the postal service's problem, not mine. Last, you owe me packaging costs. For people who ordered 1 shirt, I will be sending your shirt in its own luxurious padded envelope. Please pay $1.30 for your envelope. People who ordered 2 or more shirts will get an appropriate size box o' shirts. Please pay $1.30 for your box. You pay the same price as for an envelope because some of your shipping price for each shirt would have helped pay for the weight of the envelope holding it, and can now help pay for the box, so it balances out (if that doesn't make sense, ignore it and trust me). So, to determine your personal amount owed: Number of S-XL shirts x 7.40 + Number of XXL shirts x 9.20 + Total number of shirts x shipping rate of your country + 1 Envelope or 1 box x 1.30 ----------------------------- Total price you owe me For example, let's say hypothetically that you live in Brooklyn and you ordered one XL shirt for yourself and one XXL shirt for your pal. You owe me reg. shirt cost: 1 x 7.40 = 7.40 XXL shirt cost: 1 x 9.20 = 9.20 shipping: 2 x 3.00 = 6.00 packagody got that? Now for some technical stuff. DO NOT SEND CASH IN THE MAIL. NEVER, EVER, EVER SEND CASH IN THE MAIL. I am NOT RESPONSIBLE if you are stupid and send cash and it gets ripped off by some disgruntled postal employee. Please *do* send personal checks made out to Christine McCullough (and spell it right, or I'll be sad). You are allowed to just send me one check for everything, because I like you so much. Non-USA people should send a money order, unless you can think of something better to do (NOT sending cash, of course). Please avoid sending me foreign currency. E-mail me if there is a problem. When you send me your check/money order, also enclose a piece of paper with a breakdown of the costs (like the one I showed you above) and show how they add up to the final amount you are sending me on the check. This will only take a second (you'll have to figure it out anyway, so it won't be that hard to write it down) and it will make my job much easier. I can quickly figure out if you sent the right amount without having to calculate everything myself. On this piece of paper, also include a small statement that goes like this: I understand that Christine McCullough is not responsible for my order. I will not hold her accountable for any damage done to the shirt(s) I have ordered. And please sign it. This is important, because I can't reimburse you if some machine crushes your shirt package or it gets lost in the mail or whatever. I will get your shirts in the mail, but after that, you are on your own. My dad is a lawyer and he won't let me accept your money unless you all assure me that you won't hold me responsible for anything bad that happens. If you live in the Washington DC area, please read: I attend as many TMBG concerts as possible in the greater DC area. If you would like to save packaging/shipping costs and don't mind waiting a while, I will try to get your shirt to you at a concert. Keep in mind that there is no guarantee that there will be any concerts around here any time soon, nor will I attend one specifically to give you your shirt. But if you are willing to wait for a concert we are both attending, I will do my best to find you there and give you your shirt. Please let me know if this is something you want. *** Bob, shirt guru, finally got back from his camping trip and has confirmed my final prices. We are ready to roll with checks! Before I give you my address, some reminders: 1. I don't have enough money to rent a PO Box. Therefore, all 500 or so of you now have my home address. I hope that you will not exploit this information in any way, because I would really hate to have to send my goons over there to crush your spinal column. Please, really, don't do anything bad with my address, OK? That's really the last thing I need right now. 2. I am not responsible for anything besides getting your money to Bob and getting your shirts to you. I am not responsible for shirts or checks lost/damaged in the mail, shirts that you ordered in a size which turns out to be wrong, or anything else. Of course, the chance that any of that will happen is miniscule, but-- and screw honesty-- CYA is the best policy. ( = Cover Your Ass, for you non-military folk) 3. NO BAD CHECKS!!! And no incorrect money amounts. Double-check (ha ha!) your check for mistakes. Now, here's how to address your envelopes with your check and signed statement, etc: TMBG OMLT c/o Christine McCullough 7926 Lobelia Lane Springfield, VA 22152-3137 USA (<---if needed, of course) I will send you e-mail to confirm when I have gotten your check. DO NOT mail me asking whether it has gotten there yet (unless several weeks go by and you haven't heard from me or something extreme like that). Remember, checks made out to Christine McCullough, and please spell it right. When I have collected 50% of the total amount, I will convert all checks into one big wad to gove to Bob, who will start a-printin', so really the speed you get your shirt depends on the speed you send me your check. So git crackin'! One last thing... make sure that I can easily identify who has sent me the check. Make your signiture legible, and make sure there's a name and return address on the envelope. Heck, maybe you could stick a little address label right on your letter. Whatever, just make sure I know whose check is whose. Remember: Pay early and pay often. Er, no wait. Well, you get the idea. --Christy, awaiting the deluge... P.S. Questions, as always, to christi587@aol.com or christy@tmbg.org, if it's working... ------------------------------ From: CajunGram@aol.com Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 00:21:34 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970910002004_-699825992@emout18.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Washington List People I live in West Seattle. Leroy ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 01:19:03 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: TMBG: another crazy idea... ok, I do this for every concert I go to, and it never works, but what the heck... right? this is for the Philly concert on 9/13. At opportune moments, shout "Play Dead" and see what kind of reaction we get. I figure it's possible that he could spontaneously play a song that *isn't* dependent on the rest of the band... (as opposed to She's an Angel, which we tried for last time but Graham doesn't know how to play [supposedly]... ) ------------------------------ From: Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 0:38:13 CST Subject: Re: TMBG: another crazy idea... Message-ID: <1B6913103C2@athena.valpo.edu> what happens if you shout play dead and they all just lie down on the stage with all fours sticking up in the air? that probably would be just as cool. [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] "First I ask myself, 'why am I doing this?' Then I tell myself, 'because I said so.'" --The Muldoons [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] Experience the many media of Jeremy Skrenes! Email: jskrenes@athena.valpo.edu Snail: Web: http://www.valpo.edu/home/student/jskrenes 141 Wehrenberg Airwaves: new sho schedule coming soon Valparaiso, IN 46383 ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-252 ******************************