Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-256 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 256 Sunday, 14 September 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Off-topic: The Weird Al Show TMBG: Philly Show TMBG: New DAS number Re: TMBG: New DAS number and Residencies TMBG: club venues vs seats Re: TMBG: New DAS number and Residencies Re: TMBG: club venues vs seats TMBG: charlottesville show TMBG: Manifest Destiny (not really tmbg related, but sort of) TMBG: First Kiss TMBG: He Might Be Weird Al and He Might Be In Seattle. Re: TMBG: TMBGothic TMBG: TMBG-Charlottesville, long post Re: TMBG: Snail Shells Re: TMBG: Songlist unlike any other TMBG: OMLTs and oranges Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970913110654.00698a18@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 11:06:54 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Off-topic: The Weird Al Show Well, I just finished watching the first episode of the "Weird Al" Show. All in all, I guess I liked it, although it was pretty corny. You can definitely tell it was a kid's show, although there were some parts that had me ROTFL (like Pirate's Daycare). Barenaked Ladies made it all worth it. It's frightening that Al and I have so similar tastes in music (They Might Be Giants and Barenaked Ladies)... :) They played "Shoebox", which I thought was great. When I saw them in concert a few months ago, that was the one song I wanted to hear that they didn't play. (For a concert review and a picture of their autographs, go to http://hubcap.clemson.edu/~ctyner/music/bnl.html ) I'll probably watch it every week...I liked it, although it wasn't quite as good as I thought it would be. Anyone know if TMBG are going to be on the show? They're another one of Al's favorite groups, so I wouldn't be surprised... TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199709131659.LAA09143@csrlink.net> Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 12:05:29 -0400 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: TMBG: Philly Show If anyone else who I'm not already meeting is going, I'll be there tonight. I'll be wearing a grey t-shirt with a yellow 51 on the back, jeans, black sneakers, and prolly a black SF Giants hat. I'm planning on taping it, but who knows how successful I'll be so if anyone gets a nice tape, please let me know in a few days. Oh, I got my info club order yesterday, the really big one. Took exactly 3 weeks, I was pleased. Everything but the Hotel Detective CD and Lincoln on vinyl was in stock. One of my shot glasses came broken, but I don't think it should be toooo much trouble replacing it. I'm thinking that a letter should do it. Well, the show sold out, so I hope it was some of you fine folks who bought the tickets. See you there! -Dylan "Brooklyn's Third Ambassador of Love" Flipse dflipse@csrlink.net - http://www.geocities.com/Athens/9909/ - "My goal in life is to score a 100 on my SATs."-Dylan My life's just all one big inside joke. ------------------------------ From: Jordan1c@aol.com Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 12:20:26 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970913122026_267487756@emout09.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: New DAS number Can someone please tell me the new DAS number? i hope its still 718 (my area code). Is anyone else pissed that TMBG is gonna be at the Mercury Lounge every THURSDAY in November? Not only at a place thats usually 21+ or 18+ , but on school nights!!! And if its on Thanksgiving, i cant go cause i have to celebrate Thanksgiving! Ive hardly ever been more depressed than when i heard this news. Jordan ------------------------------ Message-ID: <341AC4D3.4037@ix.netcom.com> Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 12:52:35 -0400 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: wekbuh (WECB) Subject: Re: TMBG: New DAS number and Residencies I don't know the new Dial a Song number off the top of my head, but I do remember it being in the 718 area code still. As for the Thursday shows... many bands looking to learn new material (or try it out in front of a small audience) will do two or three shows at one place. The shows are normally done on weekdays for various reasons, the most popular being: you're going to get more people who are interested in hearing the band than hanging out at the club during the week. Thursdays are a good weekday. There's only one more day in the work week (sometimes it can be the end of a work week for some people) and therefore people are more apt to go then on say, Monday night. The 18+ thing that applies to most places during the week helps the band to get some contructive criticism from their audience. I'm *NOT* saying that anyone under 18 can't do this; It just seems that you're taken more seriously when you're older. Also, the band is more likely to have criticism from people who are in a band themselves. I don't think that They'd play on thanksgiving. Even bands get holidays! I wouldn't get too upset about not being able to go... it's always weird to hear the band screw up and listen as a song falls apart right there on stage. I've heard that happen. I still don't know what song it was supposed to be... ewoks, Amanda ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 13:05:24 -0400 Message-Id: <199709131705.NAA13360@ussodyssey.ufp.org> From: The Denominator Subject: TMBG: club venues vs seats I have to say that I prefer club venues for everything except orchestra concetrts, and that only because i've never had occasion to actually SEE and orchestra at a club. Since I've only seen THEM once, and not at a club, I cannot really judge it that waym but having seen the MIghty Mighty Bosstones in both a club and a big outdoor festival show (i know this isnt exactly the same, but im going somewhere with it...), I MUCH prefer the intimacy of the club. Sure, you are squished against a bunch of sweaty people, but chances are good that you are close enough to the performers to see their faces, and in extreme circumstances, possibly to get sweat upon by them. It is easier to bootleg at a big outdoors show, but for sheer enjoyment of the moment, i have to go for the club... the bosstones show at the park just didn't have the same energy.. i think the friction of all the people right next to the performers creates an electrical charge that energizes the performers, forming a big ionic bond between audience and band... i dunno, im getting way off track here... but anyway.... Also, at clubs, there are usually no 14-year-old goths or kids with Kurt Cobain death certificate shirts yelling "MARILYN MANSON!" regardless of who is actually performing.. :) alrighty then dork boy ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970913130841.006a200c@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 13:08:41 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: New DAS number and Residencies At 12:52 PM 9/13/97 -0400, you wrote: > As for the Thursday shows... many bands looking to learn new material >(or try it out in front of a small audience) will do two or three shows >at one place. The shows are normally done on weekdays for various >reasons, the most popular being: Right, they did this in March '96 too while testing out FS tracks. This can only mean good things... :) TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970913131022.006a2a24@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 13:10:22 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: club venues vs seats At 01:05 PM 9/13/97 -0400, you wrote: >I have to say that I prefer club venues for everything except orchestra >concetrts, and that only because i've never had occasion to actually SEE and >orchestra at a club. Oh, I totally agree. It's a lot more personal, and if you're patient, it's simple to get autographs afterwards. >Also, at clubs, there are usually no 14-year-old goths or kids with Kurt >Cobain death certificate shirts yelling "MARILYN MANSON!" regardless of who >is actually performing.. :) TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 13:16:33 -0400 Subject: TMBG: charlottesville show Message-ID: <19970913.131853.12350.4.stephsharer@juno.com> From: stephsharer@juno.com (Stephanie E Sharer) the charlottesville show was so awesome i was in the very front in the very center and i fainted but oh well. i wouldn't move from my spot. hehe. oh to that girl who was standing behind me who said she would give me a copy of the concert-could you please email me? remember you said you would give me a copy of the show because i dropped my recorder when i fainted? hehe. i feel so frail!! ~Stephanie ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 14:25:20 -0400 (EDT) From: Elitza Subject: TMBG: Manifest Destiny (not really tmbg related, but sort of) Message-ID: Hey/hay, So I've got this modern lit. class that I *hate* this year, instead of the classic lit. class that I wanted and is only offered the only hour I have a class I can't switch out of. (That was completely unnecessary.) So far, the only good thing about this class is that almost all of my friends are in it. Yesterday, we were discussing a story out of the book of sci-fi short stories, and the issue of "manifest destiny" came up (my memory is going, so I can't remember the context of the discussion). I was sitting next to my friend Andy (who knows some Giants, and was at an instore with myself and some of our other friends last October) and we heard the phrase "manifest destiny" and turned to each other.... "In 1844, the Democrats were split, the three nominees for the Presidential candidate were Martin Van Buren.." and continued through the entire song, then collpased in laughter. Since we'd been singing in a really quiet whisper and no one else had heard us, everybody was confused when we fell on the floor laughing. It was cool :) Elitza Nicolaou can be reached at or Visit her (please!) at http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Quad/1317/ "Just mind your p's and q's buster, and remember who you're dealing with." -"Ferris Bueller's Day Off" ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 12:42:42 -0600 Subject: TMBG: First Kiss Message-ID: <19970913.124356.3606.4.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) > Rest A While was cool and >they also played a song I haven't seen mentioned before called First Kiss >(The chorus went something like "I want another first kiss") First Kiss is an awesome Flans song... I just heard it today for the first time on my bootleg tape of the 8/29/97 radio interview.... if ya wanna trade for that or any of my other 85 tmbg bootlegs visit my empire: http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html "Moths beat on the windowpane, telling me I'm not the same. Sounds of nothing, sounds of fear, speak to me when no one's here" ---TMBG take it easy, JOrdaN ------------------------------ From: thought@weblink.org (Jesse McClusky) Message-Id: <250e3fee.u10t12e.e3dea-thought@weblink.org> Subject: TMBG: He Might Be Weird Al and He Might Be In Seattle. Date: Sat, 13 Sep 97 11:54:25 Organization: Advanced Computer Interactions Sorry for this late reminder, but for all you Washingtonians (the state, not the district), Weird Al Yankovic will be playing at the Puallup Fair this Thursday (Sept 18th). Tickets are still available at Ticketsmasher locations, and cost around $18 before tax/etc. (Total came to around $21 each I think). Jesse ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 15:09:38 -0400 Message-Id: From: Scott Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBGothic >> My twin absolutely >> loves Them, which is weird because he's into the whole Goth thing (wearing >> black, listens to stuff like Sisters of Mercy and the Bauhaus). >Well, in terms of appearance and style of music, TMBG are very very >doubleplusungothic(newspeak makes for cool words) but oddly, I know a good >deal >of people who might be semi-goths and like TMBG. I myself tend to wear black, >listen to the cure, and play Vampire:The Masquerade but I cannot utter the >word >"angst" in a serious context, I detest NIN, and I have never owned a dog >collar, anything with spikes, so I'm not a Goth by any stretch of the >imagination. But some more gothic goths I know seem to like something about >TMBG when they're not moping or dancing slowly and morbidly to Love Is Colder >Than Death. I'm not sure what. Maybe it's the chaos factor. And hasn't Linnell >been quoted as saying he likes seminal pop-goth icon Morrissey? Hmmmm. I don't know why my twin likes TMBG. But I have some good guesses. First of all, ever noticed that some of TMBG's earliear stuff has a sort-of folksy element to it? Well, the earlier goth stuff like Sisters of Mercy (especially on their album First and Last and Always) also has a lot of riffs which sound very folksy. Now if both TMBG AND traditional Goth music have folksy elements, wouldn't they be almost -=opposites=- because TMBG are light and humorous by comparison to the dark moping angst of goth? I don't know what this has to do with anything, but we (me and my goth twin) both noticed it, so it must mean -=something=-. And as for a description of my brother, he wears really weird black clothing (fishnet and completely shredded black shirts), would never wear anything trendy (i.e. anything with stripes, or any color other than black for that matter), and would never be caught even thinking about NIN or Manson (he only listens to REAL goth music, specifically 80's stuff). He wears his share of egyptian-origin silver jewlry and wears makeup (eyeliner and he draws these really intricate pictures on his face, they're neat and should be counted as a new form of art). I think the real reason that he likes TMBG is that no one can keep up the amount of depression and angst required for true Gothdom without a break of humor now and then. But then again, his favorite TMBG songs are the sader ones like "Sad" and "End of the Tour" from John Henry. Who knows. I have noticed one thing: John Linnel looks a bit like Andrew Eldritch (lead singer of Sisters of Mercy). Any connection?! Well, I hope this helped clear up the culture riff between Gothdom and TMBG-dom. Ta-ta!!! -Scott * ---------------------------------------------- "This is the spawning of the cage and aquarium don't wait a moment too soon Used to be different, now you're the same Yawn as your plane goes down in flames..." -They Might Be Giants * ---------------------------------------------- __,__ / \ vvvvvvv /|__/| I /O,O | I /_____ | /|/| J|/^ ^ ^ \ | /00 | _//| |^ ^ ^ ^ |W| |/^^\ | /oo | \m___m__|_| \m_m_| \mm_| Totoro!!! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <341AF7FC.76D8@rica.net> Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 16:30:52 -0400 From: Joey Groah Subject: TMBG: TMBG-Charlottesville, long post They Might Be Giants were excellent. They were full of life, played with energy, and seemed to have a great time. The crowd, however, had just enough assholes to make about half the show less than enjoyable. It was much more than people jumping into you or a elbow in the ribs, this was idiot-slamming-with-total-disregard-for-anyone-else night. Ranting first, Giants type stuff second: A group of us got there at about eight, and my girlfriend and I got moved along quickly because we're twenty one, trying to make those beer dollars I guess, so we were about second row of people back from the stage. By the time Lincoln came on, about 10:00, we had dealt with two schmucks, big in size, pretty much declaring they were going to stop in front of us. They got the hint that it wasn't kosher with those of us who waited two hours and that we weren't going to take that crap, and moved behind us. When the Giants came out, more people tried to worm their way forwards and we tried to accomadate as much as possible with out giving up our places. Giants came on and opened with an instumental, and then went into Twistin', and then the crap started. It wasn't just shoving, but people-toppling- pushing from behind. It got to the point where Elizabeth, my girlfriend, started screaming for people to "please stop", no swearing or demands, just stop crushing us. And nobody gave a hang. Couples and individuals that we had been chatting with got treated the same way, like others in our group. Some of these guys and gals had driven hours and had never seen the Giants, and were really looking forward to a good time. Towards the end of Twistin' a guy that had been pleasent for the two plus hours we had been waiting turned around and ran at the group, mostly guys, that were crushing him and his girlfriend. They left the area immediately, as we did eventually, after resorting to "back off" and shoving back. It's just not worth it. Elizabeth, after receiving a lovely bruise above her eye from dickweed in the floral pattern shirt, and I got water and moved to the back and side of the crowd and enjoyed the rest of the show. Yeah, I've learned a lesson. After the show, we met up with about 12 or so people we know and went to the show with, with concert going experience (H.O.R.D.E.,Tori Amos, the Moody Blues, and TMBG) and they all had the same time. Non-violent people had been head butted and then hit back, peacemakers tried to cool heads of people they didn't know or had just met, and everybody ended up doing a lot of shoving. I don't want this to seem like a post against going to concerts, please go and have a good time. I've been to three TMBG shows before, one with an excellent spot and have never had these kinds of encounters. I go to concerts to have a good time, to jump around and dance and I expect other people to have a good time to, and that includes jumping around and dancing. I want to see the band like everyone too. And I anticipate getting my toes stepped on or getting knocked into. Just not total disregard for anyone- else -shoving, kill to get to the front jerks. This is not a blanket statement about the crowd, but jeez it was a large amount of people. I don't know if it was people specific or a younger crowd with no respect for others or what, I 'm not sure. Good show stuff: A fuse blew a couple of songs into the show, so they left the stage for a few minutes and came back and were funny. During WDTSS? Linnell sang "the Sun is so hot that everthing on it is in this room." Flans changed shirts three times, there was plenty of accordion, the song about an American president "Truman...over rated... Truman... too popular...", I got a Severe Tire Damage T-shirt, and the Johns were full of wit and acted like they enjoyed the show. The heat kept coming up in between songs, though, Flans sweats like a madman. And Lincoln was good too. Setlist in no particular order: Twistin' Don't Let's Start Spy/ I am Not Your Broom Older WDTSS? Snail Shell First Kiss Dr. Worm James K. Polk Exquisite Dead Guy No One Knows My Plan with a surprisingly well organized conga, as the push your way to the front jerks din't seem to be in it Istanbul Birdhouse She's Actual Size The Guitar Counterfeit Faker Turn Around Particle Man XTC vs Adam Ant Lie Still, Little Bottle S.E.X.X.Y. Til My Head Falls Off New York City, sans Flansburgh playing guitar Dig My Grave Spider Before I get email saying don't go if you can't hack it, these people had NO REGARD for anyone and physically harmed people. The heat should never be that high in the kitchen. I might be nuts, but it's not supposed to be like that. I don't feel like I'm owed a good spot at a concert, and I got one fair and square, or that I'm owed anything at a show, just not to be trampled and shoved. I hope people have fun at all future shows, but stop at causing others bodily harm. I like to read about peoples concert experiences, so some of the listies find useful info. and understand the reason for the overly long review. Joey, not as angry as last night ------------------------------ Message-ID: <341B1536.7547@ix.netcom.com> Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 18:35:34 -0400 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: wekbuh (WECB) Subject: Re: TMBG: Snail Shells All Long the List- > The heat should > never be that high in the kitchen. > I think that should be a concert-goers creedo. I have always had similar experiences in this one place in Boston (the Avalon) regardless of who was playing. I've had great times at concerts, but I'll tell ya, when I was being crushed by moshers and the conga line simultaneously, I was wondering if I would get trampled to death. I go into concerts expecting that toes will get stepped on, I might run into someone and that people will invariably bump into me. It sucks when the guy next to you almost sets your friend on fire (same show as above). > I might be nuts, but it's not supposed to be like that. I don't feel > like I'm owed a good spot at a concert, and I got one fair and square, > or that I'm owed anything at a show, just not to be trampled and > shoved. I hope people have fun at all future shows, but stop at causing > others bodily harm. Amen. I was royally cheesed after nearly getting killed by the Squishers. But on the other hand, I *would* have been squished if it wasn't for the people who pulled me out of the mess and made sure my friends could get me out of what became a mosh pit. There were many strangers in that mix, and all of the faces I remember were genuinely concerned with my well-being. That made me feel better. In a perfect world, bands could play without technical difficulties and the audience could enjoy not just the music and the band, but each other's prescence as well. Amanda "Once I was the King of Spain...and now I work at the Pizza Pizza." -Moxy Fruvous ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 20:45:54 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970913204551_569254180@emout20.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Songlist unlike any other << Okay, all you Listies. These are the songs my daughter (4 years old) loves to have me SING to her every night as she goes to sleep! (In no particular order) 1. Rocky Raccoon (Beatles) 9. Maxwell's Silver Hammer (Beatles) 10. Bungalow Bill (Beatles) Wow, these were my favorite Beatles's songs when I was about 4 years old, too! Along with "Little Piggies." Guess that's what made me the swank They-lovin' chick I am today! Kay ------------------------------ From: Christi587@aol.com Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 22:23:32 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970913222315_1221784513@emout15.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: OMLTs and oranges >> There's a band around here called "Chelloveck 4" and thats from A >> Clockwork Orange. >> >> -Johann > >Maybe they're Russian speakers. Chelloveck means "person" in Russian. Just because I'm anal retentive, I will tell you that all of the slang words from Clockwork Orange that sound made-up... aren't. Really they are *all* translated from Russian. Maloko=milk, gulliver=head, droog=friend, etc. So you're both right. Anyway, here's yet another exciting rehash of all that funky OMLT junks: ************************ If you don't know what an OMLT is, don't ask; it's too late to order one. All dollar amounts are in US currency. First, you all owe me $7.40 for each S-XL shirt you ordered, including shirt price, screen setup costs, and sales tax. People who ordered XXL owe $9.20 for each XXL shirt. Next, you owe me shipping costs. This depends on where you live. Anywhere in continental USA: $3 per shirt. Canada: $3.30 per shirt. Anywhere in Europe: $6.40 per shirt. Australia: $8.15 per shirt. Yeah, I know it's steep, but that's the postal service's problem, not mine. Last, you owe me packaging costs. For people who ordered 1 shirt, I will be sending your shirt in a padded envelope. Please pay $1.30 for your envelope. People who ordered 2 or more shirts will get an appropriate size box o' shirts. Please pay $1.30 for your box. You pay the same price as for an envelope because some of your shipping price for each shirt would have helped pay for the weight of the envelope holding it, and can now help pay for the box, so it balances out (if that doesn't make sense, ignore it and trust me). So, to determine your personal amount owed: Number of S-XL shirts x 7.40 + Number of XXL shirts x 9.20 + Total number of shirts x shipping rate of your country + 1 Envelope or 1 box x 1.30 ----------------------------- Total price you owe me DO NOT SEND CASH IN THE MAIL. NEVER, EVER, EVER SEND CASH IN THE MAIL. I am NOT RESPONSIBLE if you are stupid and send cash and it gets ripped off by some disgruntled postal employee. Please *do* send personal checks made out to Christine McCullough (and spell it right, or I'll be sad). Non-USA people should send a money order. Please avoid sending me foreign currency. E-mail me if there is a problem. NO BAD CHECKS!!! And no incorrect money amounts. Double-check (ha ha!) your check for mistakes. When you send me your check/money order, also enclose a piece of paper with a breakdown of the costs (like the one above) and show how they add up to the final amount you are sending me on the check. This will only take a second (you'll have to figure it out anyway, so it won't be that hard to write it down) and it will make my job much easier. On this piece of paper, also include a small statement that goes like this: I understand that Christine McCullough is not responsible for my order. I will not hold her accountable for any damage done to the shirt(s) I have ordered. And please sign it. This is important, because I can't reimburse you if some machine crushes your shirt package or it gets lost in the mail or whatever. My dad is a lawyer and he won't let me accept your money unless you all assure me that you won't hold me responsible for anything bad that happens. I am not responsible for anything besides getting your money to Bob and getting your shirts to you. I am not responsible for shirts or checks lost/damaged in the mail, shirts that you ordered in a size which turns out to be wrong, or anything else. Of course, the chance that any of that will happen is miniscule, but-- and screw honesty-- CYA is the best policy. ( = Cover Your Ass, for you non-military folk) If you live in the Washington DC area, please read: I attend as many TMBG concerts as possible in the greater DC area. If you would like to save packaging/shipping costs and don't mind waiting a while, I will try to get your shirt to you at a concert. Keep in mind that there is no guarantee that there will be any concerts around here any time soon, nor will I attend one specifically to give you your shirt. But if you are willing to wait for a concert we are both attending, I will do my best to find you there and give you your shirt. Please let me know if this is something you want. A small note: I don't have enough money to rent a PO Box. Therefore, all 500 or so of you now have my home address. I would hope that you would respect my privacy and not exploit this information in any way. Here's how to address your envelopes with your check and signed statement: TMBG OMLT c/o Christine McCullough 7926 Lobelia Lane Springfield, VA 22152-3137 USA I will send you e-mail to confirm when I have gotten your check. Please DO NOT mail me asking whether it has gotten there yet (unless several weeks go by and you haven't heard from me or something extreme like that). When I have collected 50% of the total amount, I will convert all checks into one big wad to give to Bob, who will start printing. One last thing... make sure that I can easily identify who has sent me the check. Make your signiture legible, and make sure there's a name and return ad dress on the envelope. Just make sure I know whose check is whose if they get separated from the envelopes. Questions, as always, go to christy@tmbg.org or my AOL address. --Christy ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-256 ******************************