Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-261 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 261 Friday, 19 September 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Flansburgh's Busted Guitar: Accident or Fake? TMBG: Monopuff... TMBG: I'M BACK!!! TMBG: House of Mayors Re: TMBG: I'M BACK!!! TMBG: Graham Fw: TMBG: Graham Re: TMBG: Graham TMBG: Hofstra Concert (Need a ride from NYC?) TMBG: Superfueled Freaksickle TMBG: Oct. show Sorta-TMBG: Skeleton Key and other fun things Re: TMBG: House of Mayors Re: TMBG: Replacing Graham Maby Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <34212B3A.B52AF61F@megahits.com> Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 09:23:06 -0400 From: Lee Steel Subject: Re: TMBG: Flansburgh's Busted Guitar: Accident or Fake? If you are talking about the square gold guitar, I can tell you first hand that it works just fine. I was just at the soundcheck in Northampton and was standing right in front of his amp while he was playing it and getting tuned up. It may have a custom body but the neck appears to be an old Fender Telecaster neck and it looks like the pickup that is in it is either from an old Gretch or Rickenbacker. This particular has a very thin sound much like a Rickenbacker does and I noticed during the four shows that I saw on this tour that Mr. Flans would have perfered to play it on Birdhouse but during the first three shows of the tour he seemed to be having a lot of trouble with his guitars and the switchbox he uses to change between his two amps (Matchless and Fender Pro Reverb). ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9709181450.AA00451@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Monopuff... Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 10:50:40 -0400 (EDT) I was perusing www.tourdates.com in search of Monopuff as I had heard that Brian Dewan was playing the Mercury Lounge in NYC on the 20th and I noticed that they only had it billed with Lincoln, I guess it was a last minute addition. But more importantly, I found a Friday, October 3, at Brownies in NYC where Monopuff will be playing. So it looks like from here on out until mid-October TMBG will be on hiatus and Monopuff will be touring. Since we know TMBG will be at the 9:30 Club in DC on October 11 and there's been no mention of dates prior to this, I'm guessing this to be the case. --Matt Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "Rensink, Brenden BHS" Subject: TMBG: I'M BACK!!! Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 10:11:00 -0700 Hey, it's me Brenden-nednerB..(like anyone cares). But hey. I've got a few questions. Is there anything important that happened over the summer? If so, please tell me. ok here's some questions: 1)what's the word on the new album? 2)what's the word on SuperFueled Freaksickle? 3)Is there any new music on the .org page. in specific, ARE THERE ANY PARTS BESIDES ONLY GUITAR? I mean like trumpet, or piano... etc... 4)Did any important people die, or leave the band? 5) are there any new people on the list that have rose in popularity over the summer that I should know about? Brenden - nednerB AKA - The Hypnotist of LAdies ~in alliance w/ the vigilant philbuster~ misuser of verbs ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "Rensink, Brenden BHS" Subject: TMBG: House of Mayors Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 10:31:00 -0700 Does anyone have a copy of The house of mayors that would be willing to share the wealth? brenden - nednerb ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 13:09:19 -0700 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: TMBG: I'M BACK!!! Message-id: <34218A6F.7430@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> Rensink, Brenden BHS wrote: > > 1)what's the word on the new album? > Looks like a Live Album called Sever Tire Damage. At least that is the word from Flansy and the new shirts say Severe Tire Damage. > 2)what's the word on SuperFueled Freaksickle? > Not soon. Don't wanna flood the market and not enough quality to put on a disc are the excuses that pop into my mind. > 4)Did any important people die, or leave the band? > Well, Mother Ther... oh... you mean like as part of the band. Well, Graham is possibly gone for a long time. He got a cake at a show in Philly and everyone wished him well. So, Graham Maby is not the bass player for TMBG anymore. Oh, and I could be completely wrong on all that. Correct me if I'm am... - Chad -- -====================================================================- Chad Maloney | CMMalone@softart.com | WWW homeless as of late... -====================================================================- Software Engineer | Every little child learns, if you can't see Software Artistry | dreams your eyes are blind - Fly, Moxy Fruvous -====================================================================- ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9709182024.AA01094@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Graham Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 16:24:13 -0400 (EDT) > > 2)what's the word on SuperFueled Freaksickle? > > > Not soon. Don't wanna flood the market and not enough quality to > put on a disc are the excuses that pop into my mind. I'm sure this is long gone. Whether it was complete fantasy or an actual idea, it seems to have gone by the wayside. I'm guessing if anything, Then: The Earlier Years replaced it. Now with Severe Tire Damage and a possible new studio album, I can't see anything coming out for quite a few years... > > > 4)Did any important people die, or leave the band? > > > Well, Mother Ther... oh... you mean like as part of the band. > Well, Graham is possibly gone for a long time. He got a cake at > a show in Philly and everyone wished him well. So, Graham Maby > is not the bass player for TMBG anymore. Actually, Graham's last show was 2 days later in Lancaster, PA. He played both Philly shows and then got the cake in Lancaster. Who knows who will be the new bassist, they have until October 11 at the latest to decide as TMBG is having a show then in Washington. See yas Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: "AugieWan" Subject: Fw: TMBG: Graham Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 16:59:29 -0400 Message-Id: <20565198401506@dancingink.com> -> > 2)what's the word on SuperFueled Freaksickle? -> > -> Not soon. Don't wanna flood the market and not enough quality to -> put on a disc are the excuses that pop into my mind. -I'm sure this is long gone. Whether it was complete fantasy or an -actual idea, it seems to have gone by the wayside. I'm guessing if -anything, Then: The Earlier Years replaced it. Now with Severe Tire -Damage and a possible new studio album, I can't see anything coming out -for quite a few years... Actually this was a very real idea. In a Real Audio interview I heard with Flans, he said that they wanted to do it right now but Electra was being BONEHEADED. No big money ya know. I believe Electra was leery about doing it right after Restless just did Then. He mentioned that he liked getting the b-sides and so on out to the fans but that SFF was going to have to wait for awhile. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970918170024.0069e0a0@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 17:00:24 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Graham At 04:24 PM 9/18/97 -0400, 'twas written: > >I'm sure this is long gone. Whether it was complete fantasy or an >actual idea, it seems to have gone by the wayside. I'm guessing if It was definitely an actual idea, but it's not really commercially viable. Flans has said so himself. It's not coming out anytime soon, and there's a good chance it'll never come out. We're better off finding people with CD-Rs and getting them to copy tracks we may be missing. :) >anything, Then: The Earlier Years replaced it. Now with Severe Tire I've heard a lot of people say that Then replaced Superfueled, and I don't understand why. It's different material on a different label. >Damage and a possible new studio album, I can't see anything coming out >for quite a few years... Exactly. We'll have enough to tide us over for quite some time. :) TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34219EE2.132B@schicktech.com> Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 17:36:34 -0400 From: Rob Plass Organization: Schick Technologies, Inc. Subject: TMBG: Hofstra Concert (Need a ride from NYC?) Hello exquisite living people, The Restless site lists a concert at Hofstra University on the 14th of Oct (a Tuesday). If you'd like to go and you need a ride, send me an e-mail and I'll come pick you up. I have room for lots of happy TMBG people in my big car. Okadokee, Rob --------------------------- http://www.restless.com/rr-tour.html * ------------------------------------ "Where can I get GAS MASK in *.wav format?" "Where can I get GAS MASK in *.ra format?" "Where can I get GAS MASK in *.mid format?" ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9709182131.AA01247@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Superfueled Freaksickle Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 17:31:46 -0400 (EDT) > I've heard a lot of people say that Then replaced Superfueled, and I don't > understand why. It's different material on a different label. > You have a point about it being on a different label. But remember, even compilations and live albums take time to do unless the band has absolutely no hand in it (which I wouldn't think would happen), they do have to spend time on the project. If Elektra went ahead with SFF, then TMBG would have to devote even more time to work on that as well. So they saw the opportunity with Then, put out the time to work on it and most likely had no time apart from that to work on anything else as they were writing music/touring/going on honeymoons and whatnot. Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9709182133.AA01258@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Oct. show Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 17:33:24 -0400 (EDT) The district, do you really think they'd go all the way out to the west coast? *grin* It's at the 9:30 Club--$20. Matt > a show in washington! is that D.C. or washington the state? > ---------- > From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: TMBG: Graham > Date: Thursday, September 18, 1997 1:24PM > > > > 2)what's the word on SuperFueled Freaksickle? > > > > > Not soon. Don't wanna flood the market and not enough quality to > > put on a disc are the excuses that pop into my mind. > I'm sure this is long gone. Whether it was complete fantasy or an > actual idea, it seems to have gone by the wayside. I'm guessing if > anything, Then: The Earlier Years replaced it. Now with Severe Tire > Damage and a possible new studio album, I can't see anything coming out > for quite a few years... > > > > > 4)Did any important people die, or leave the band? > > > > > Well, Mother Ther... oh... you mean like as part of the band. > > Well, Graham is possibly gone for a long time. He got a cake at > > a show in Philly and everyone wished him well. So, Graham Maby > > is not the bass player for TMBG anymore. > Actually, Graham's last show was 2 days later in Lancaster, PA. > He played both Philly shows and then got the cake in Lancaster. > Who knows who will be the new bassist, they have until October 11 at the > latest to decide as TMBG is having a show then in Washington. > See yas > Matt > > -- > Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu > Loyola College in Baltimore, MD > Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com > -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3421A8A3.630F@ix.netcom.com> Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 18:18:11 -0400 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: wekbuh (WECB) Subject: Sorta-TMBG: Skeleton Key and other fun things Hello everyone-- I just wanted to say that The World's Most Famous Mono Puff Drummer and the rest of Skeleton Key will be doing a residency in Boston tonight and the next two thursday nights. Also, I'm currently working on some super-secret things with the band that I'll let you all know about next week, after I get back from sleeping on Rob's couch in NYC and the hear the final words. Uh.. also, Squirrel Nut Zippers @ the Orpheum... and maybe, just maybe.... Oh...I can't tell...but I really, really want to .... ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!! Amanda ------------------------------ From: XAnaNgx@aol.com Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 19:50:39 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970918185455_371342551@emout03.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: House of Mayors In a message dated 97-09-18 13:34:08 EDT, you write: << Does anyone have a copy of The house of mayors that would be willing to share the wealth? brenden - nednerb >> unfortunatly not.. however, you can get an MP3 (as well as other cool MP3's) of it here. sorry if this address has already been posted http://ryan.wilmot.net/~ron/mp3s/ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 23:01:46 -0400 Message-Id: <199709190301.XAA06842@k12.oit.umass.edu> From: tghattas@k12.oit.umass.edu (Tammy Ghattas (Wellesley HS 99)) Subject: Re: TMBG: Replacing Graham Maby >BTW: for any ska fans out there, there's a great show this saturday in >Boston, featuring Skavoovie and the Epitones, Slackers, and the Skatellites. yeah! Go see Skavoovie...they rock. I went to school with the bass player...(see, it relates to the subject!)...I even jammed with him once :) Tammy ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-261 ******************************