Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-262 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 262 Saturday, 20 September 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Bass TMBG: Ring phone ring phone rig phone !!! TMBG: I want more of the gig .... TMBG: I want more of the gig ... Re: TMBG: Monopuff... TMBG: The Guitar--Outer Planet Mix and I can't get enough of John Inman. TMBG: Monopuff at 9:30 Club 6 Degrees of TMBG: Skeleton Key Fw: TMBG: The Guitar--Outer Planet Mix and I can't get enough of John Inman. TMBG: Viva Variety TMBG: Swingin' TMBG: XTC/Mono Puff TMBG: Southern Dates? TMBG: mp3s??? Re: TMBG: mp3s??? TMBG: ++Flansburgh's Busted Guitar: Accident or Fake?++ Re: TMBG: House of Mayors Re: TMBG: House of Mayors Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Cdanve10@scu.edu.au Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 16:08:31 +1000 Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970919161318.20c79282@students.scu.edu.au> Subject: TMBG: Bass >(here comes my Zep obsession for the day) Three words: John Paul Jones. >Someone tell me where I can find a better arranger, bassist, keyboardist.. I think there are heaps ! Look at Stanley Clarke , Prince , Anthony Jackson , .....I think my Teacher is as good and I think he's only average .......... So-man ------------------------------ From: Cdanve10@scu.edu.au Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 16:14:55 +1000 Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970919161933.209ff59e@students.scu.edu.au> Subject: TMBG: Ring phone ring phone rig phone !!! I play bass and i play bass good ( not trying to blow my own trumpet but ) I WANT THIS GIG !!!! So if there is any higher power reading Contact me !! I could nail this gig I swear !! Help me !!!!! So-man ------------------------------ From: Cdanve10@scu.edu.au Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 16:24:16 +1000 Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970919162854.209ff59e@students.scu.edu.au> Subject: TMBG: I want more of the gig .... >this is showing my jazz bias, but i've got to say charles mingus. pity >he's dead... His hands His hands !!!!! How strong was that guy !!! you can just hear it in the authority he has when he plays ...... I want that gig !!!! Also , we should all be honest and say to you don't have to be the best in the world to play TMBG music .... If your good and can lay it down then the rest is probably personality .....I've got a great personality !!!! GIVE ME THE GIG !! I've never been inclined to ever have a favourite but at the moment Reginald Veal ( from the Branford Marsalis Trio ) is quite fresh !! As is Anthony Jackson !!!! Hip hip Dudes ..... So-man ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9709191258.AA03026@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: I want more of the gig ... Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 08:58:54 -0400 (EDT) > I want that gig !!!! > > Also , we should all be honest and say to you don't have to be the best in > the world to play TMBG music .... If your good and can lay it down then the > rest is probably personality .....I've got a great personality !!!! GIVE ME > THE GIG !! But then you'd have to move to Brooklyn and do the Brooklyn things. Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <342287A6.514C5529@megahits.com> Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 10:09:43 -0400 From: Lee Steel Subject: Re: TMBG: Monopuff... The official word from Mr. Flans is that TMBG will be playing the Mercury lounge every Thursday in November. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199709191429.JAA00881@home.dragondata.com> From: "mal" Subject: TMBG: The Guitar--Outer Planet Mix and I can't get enough of John Inman. Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 09:30:13 -0500 Zarquons Buttocks! I just sauntered over to the aforeadvertised http://ryan.wilmot.net/~ron/mp3s/ and enjoyed the sounds of the Guitar mix... from whence doth this majesty spring as that I may obtain one for my own personal enjoyment, far from the confines of mere layer three?? (What is The Guitar Mix from?) :) Mike "One small step for John.. one GIANT leap for TheyKind.." Leffel Oh, and on a... musical not.. BWAHAHHA! okay. Um.. You know that hoopy frood JOHN LENNON? You remember those ..artistic drawings.. he used to make? Well, the traveling showcase museum display or whatever of them is coming to my little town. I'll be mere miles away from the possibly drug induced or farsighted scribblings of a man once known as a Beatle! Yip! ..I hope there's no ADMISSION.. Mike "Remember.. I died once. For THREE DAYS" Leffel ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9709191432.AA03156@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Monopuff at 9:30 Club Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 10:32:22 -0400 (EDT) Either someone is being sneaky or Monopuff just recently added a show at the 9:30 Club in Washington this Sunday, Sept. 21. I think they probably just recently added it. The main billing is that most excellent Japanese band, Pizzicato Five, and it looks like Monopuff will either be opening for them or will be doing a co-billing of the show. In any case the tickets are a very low $9 and can be ordered from Protix at 703-218-6500 in the Washington metro area or 1-800-955-5566 nationally. Doors are at 7:30pm. I haven't heard a lot of Pizzicato 5 but what I have heard has been pretty great stuff, so it's sure to be a great show! Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34229057.3E8D@ix.netcom.com> Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 10:46:48 -0400 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: wekbuh (WECB) Subject: 6 Degrees of TMBG: Skeleton Key Hey everyone! I've been going on and on about SK in my past few posts, and now that I've seen them live, I feel the need to recommend them to everyone on the list. They have two drum sets; one is regular and the other is made entirely of trash (the best is the bowling trophy, imho). The bass is all strange (I can't describe it) and the guitar has a doorknocker on it!!!!! Anyone who enjoys the uniqueness of TMBG will love seeing these guys live. Besides, you've got the Steve Calhoon connection w/ Mono Puff! See this band, kids. The last band that I saw that was *this* good was TMBG. Amanda ------------------------------ From: "AugieWan" Subject: Fw: TMBG: The Guitar--Outer Planet Mix and I can't get enough of John Inman. Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 11:20:25 -0400 Message-Id: <15173759301981@dancingink.com> > Zarquons Buttocks! I just sauntered over to > the aforeadvertised http://ryan.wilmot.net/~ron/mp3s/ > and enjoyed the sounds of the Guitar mix... > from whence doth this majesty spring as that > I may obtain one for my own personal > enjoyment, far from the confines of mere > layer three?? > I Spent most of last night dowloading all the monopuff EPs and the Linnell stuff! > (What is The Guitar Mix from?) :) > I Have it on the CD single for "the Guitar" and on an import 12" vinyle for "the Guitar" :) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19970919161304.2517.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Carl Hoffmann" Subject: TMBG: Viva Variety Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 09:13:03 PDT Just thought I'd pass this along... The Johns appearance on Viva Variety will be rerun on Comedy Central Tue, 10/7 at 10pm(est?); Sat, 10/11 at 10:30pm; and on Sun, 10/12 at 11:30pm. This from the CC site, so it should be accurate. --Carl Hoffmann Doin' the Things a Particle Can ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970919131412.00687fd8@email.uc.edu> Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 13:14:12 -0400 From: Heather Garver Subject: TMBG: Swingin' I was wondering if anyone on the list could write out the keyboard part for We've got a world that swings. Being a drummer I have horrible relative pitch. I would be gracious and might be willing to offer a prize. I just need the notes, no need for anything extravagant, just the notes. Also, I am very pleased to have finally gotten my hands on Why Does the Sun Shine?. I found it at Best Buy of all places. Later. Heather (Glowworm on #tmbg) ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 15:28:16 -0500 (EST) From: Ryan Staib Subject: TMBG: XTC/Mono Puff Message-ID: Hey. I just had a thought. (Some of) you know how XTC has their own label? Well, wouldn't it be cool if Mono Puff came out on their label? I don't know if XTC likes Mono Puff though... RS ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199709192150.RAA13786@ocsnet.ocsonline.com> From: "Alex Lynch" Subject: TMBG: Southern Dates? Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 17:38:55 -0400 Does anyone know whether or not They will be traveling south of the carolina's sometime during this crazy tour? I managed to catch them in Durham, but only after a nine hour drive...I'm not up for that again. I don't care how dedicated a fan you are, after twelve cups of coffee, it's impossible to keep your hands on the wheel... * --------------------------------------------- "Insert witty quote here:" Alex Lynch adlynch@ocsonline.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 20:36:27 -0400 From: Wayde Subject: TMBG: mp3s??? Message-id: <3.0.2.32.19970919203627.006ba1d4@uoft02.utoledo.edu> Okay, could someone be so kind as to help me out a little... I'm seeing this stuff posted lately on mp3's...what are they, and how do i use them?? thanks one and all -Wayde ------------------------------ From: Maggadog@aol.com Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 21:34:54 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970919213243_21848001@emout17.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: mp3s??? In a message dated 97-09-19 20:42:45 EDT, you write: << Okay, could someone be so kind as to help me out a little... I'm seeing this stuff posted lately on mp3's...what are they, and how do i use them?? thanks one and all -Wayde >> Mp3s are an audio format. In order to hear them , you need a Mp3 player. I sugest WInamp. Mp3s are popular because the quality is very good. Matt ------------------------------ From: SOLFLARE1@aol.com Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 22:47:05 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970919224548_-963288566@emout10.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: ++Flansburgh's Busted Guitar: Accident or Fake?++ Jermey, the guitar on the Hotel Detective video, (judging by the online video clip) is one that I've never seen before. It kinda looks like his gold-mustard colored one, but it's red and shaped slightly differently. I can't really describe how the guitar at the show looks, but I'm sure if you look through the photo album at the website, you'll come across it. Michael ""Turn around, turn around. There's a thing there that can be found."" ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 21:46:30 -0500 (CDT) From: Brandon Callison Subject: Re: TMBG: House of Mayors Message-ID: On Thu, 18 Sep 1997 XAnaNgx@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 97-09-18 13:34:08 EDT, you write: > > << Does anyone have a copy of The house of mayors that would be willing to > share the wealth? > > brenden - nednerb >> > > unfortunatly not.. however, you can get an MP3 (as well as other cool MP3's) > of it here. sorry if this address has already been posted > http://ryan.wilmot.net/~ron/mp3s/ > Do you or does anyone else know any other sites that have TMBG mp3's? I'm looking for the tracks on the Istanbul single. Brandon =) ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 22:36:04 -0500 (EST) From: Ryan Staib Subject: Re: TMBG: House of Mayors Message-ID: On Fri, 19 Sep 1997, Brandon Callison wrote: *Do you or does anyone else know any other sites that have TMBG mp3's? I'm *looking for the tracks on the Istanbul single. I've got the Istanbul single. I have a website. However, I'm only allowed like 4 (I think) megs of space, so I can only put up one at a time. Also, I need an mpeg encoder that doesn't use that mp3 version 2.5 junk, or whatever the new l3enc generates that winamp won't play. Anyone know where to get one? It would probably be easier if you got it somewhere else, but I'm available, failing another option. RS ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-262 ******************************