Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-263 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 263 Sunday, 21 September 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: album release TMBG: Severed Tires Re: TMBG: Viva Variety Re: TMBG: New DAS number Re: TMBG: album release TMBG: Re: TMBG/Simpsons.... more coinicidences??? TMBG: das language Re: TMBG: das language Re: TMBG: das language Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG/Simpsons.... more coinicidences??? + OAT TMBG: re: un-listed tour dates Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <3423DD32.108A@rica.net> Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 10:26:58 -0400 From: Joey Groah Subject: TMBG: album release This is from the Charlottesville Daily Progress 9/12/97 interview/article on TMBG playing Trax last Friday: "They Might Be Giants may have a new CD out early next year, Linnell said." I might be out of the loop, 'cause I know They have said a new album was being recorded over the summer and would be relseased late this year. I plan on posting the entire article eventually for anyone interested. Joey ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970920153925.006aa2e8@pop.holli.com> Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 11:39:25 -0400 From: Kathleen or Ryan Hamilton Subject: TMBG: Severed Tires I've heard of some album referred to on this list as "Severed Tires" or something reasonably close to that. Um, what is it? If someone wouldn't mind, could they e-mail me about this? I'm very sporadic about reading this list ************************************************************* *Ryan47 *"I hate golems, taking our jobs." * *Ryan Hamilton *"We ain't got jobs." * *momoftwo@holli.com *"See what I mean? * *Not a mom of two. *"What's for supper?" * *Not even close. *"Mud and ole boots. HRRawrk ptui!" * * *"Millenium hand and shrimp, I sez."* * 0 0 *"M glad I've got a voice. * * 0 * I can speak up for myself." * * \ / *"It's time you fed your duck." * * ------- *"What duck?" * ************************************************************* ------------------------------ From: skibum@cyberia.com (The Christ Family) Subject: Re: TMBG: Viva Variety Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 13:09:59 EST Message-Id: <199709201709.4691000@cyberia.com> Speaking of that..... when can I see john on Conan O'Brian? >Just thought I'd pass this along... > >The Johns appearance on Viva Variety will be rerun on Comedy Central >Tue, 10/7 at 10pm(est?); Sat, 10/11 at 10:30pm; and on Sun, 10/12 at >11:30pm. This from the CC site, so it should be accurate. > ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 14:47:20 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: New DAS number Message-ID: <19970920.144721.4550.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> On Sat, 13 Sep 1997 12:20:26 -0400 (EDT) Jordan1c@aol.com writes: >Can someone please tell me the new DAS number? i hope its still 718 >(my area >code). Well.. I have an Severe Tire Damage shirt and so I tried the number (which is in the 718 area) with a calling card I have (I told my mom the John's said it was free when you call from your parents house... but she said it's not... mom's... go fig!) ANYWAY! I called the number and it said it wasn't in service.. so there ya go... Also: Josh: please e-mail me back about the trade for the Philly shows!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!! PPPLLLLEEEAASSEE!! Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: Maybe I Know Movie quotes that could have been: By: Tim "You'd better think twice about throwing me off this moving train!" - Michelle Pfieffer ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199709201852.OAA08128@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu> From: Greg Nicholson Date: Sat, 20 Sep 97 14:52:02 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: album release Yes, please post the article. Greg ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 16:47:08 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG/Simpsons.... more coinicidences??? Message-ID: <19970920.164709.19974.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> I was watching the Sipmsons reruns that our local fox affiliates play from 6:00-7:00pm and there was an episode where Homer thought he was a failure and he was going to jump off a cliff or something and he wrote his suicide note on a page from a pad of paper fridge and it said "Dumb Things I Gotta Do" hmmmm... I think that may be a little more than a coincidence... what do you guys think? Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Fave TMBG Song Update: Maybe I Know Movie Quotes that Could Have Been: By: Tim "Maybe I know she's been cheating, maybe I know she's been untrue, but what can I do?" - Sean Connery ------------------------------ From: Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 16:15:37 CST Subject: TMBG: das language Message-ID: <2B6356C161B@athena.valpo.edu> anybody out there know how the language is on dial a song? i have a radio show and our station has a phone hookup where a person can get put on the air. we also have a hookup where one can dub shows. put that together, and that means i can dub dial a song stuff. however, i have two concerns, one, is das material cleared for fcc broadcast (that's not a major concern seeing as our station is relatively small) and two, is there any foul language on das material. the second is a bigger concern because my show is during a non-safe-harbor time and that means i can't broadcast swear words. if i do, at best i will loose my show and at worst i will be fined by the fcc. if both these things work out in my favor, i will call das once a week, broadcast the new song, and dub it. which means i will be able to produce fairly hi fidelity copies of das material (depending on the fidelity of the original song). anybody out there have answers to my ?s? jeremy [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] "First I ask myself, 'why am I doing this?' Then I tell myself, 'because I said so.'" --The Muldoons [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] Experience the many media of Jeremy Skrenes! Email: jskrenes@athena.valpo.edu Snail: Web: http://www.valpo.edu/home/student/jskrenes 141 Wehrenberg Airwaves: new sho schedule coming soon Valparaiso, IN 46383 ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 17:48:29 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970920173729_371640692@emout19.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: das language << i have a radio show and our station has a phone hookup where a person can get put on the air. we also have a hookup where one can dub shows. put that together, and that means i can dub dial a song stuff. however, i have two concerns, one, is das material cleared for fcc broadcast (that's not a major concern seeing as our station is relatively small) and two, is there any foul language on das material. >> Well, I've never heard any foul language in any DAS _songs_. However, I have heard a DAS pre-song message in which Flans apologizes for DAS being "f***ed up." They haven't had any messages before the songs for ages now, so I wouldn't worry about that. Kay ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 17:53:47 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970920173729_371640692@emout19.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: das language << i have a radio show and our station has a phone hookup where a person can get put on the air. we also have a hookup where one can dub shows. put that together, and that means i can dub dial a song stuff. however, i have two concerns, one, is das material cleared for fcc broadcast (that's not a major concern seeing as our station is relatively small) and two, is there any foul language on das material. >> Well, I've never heard any foul language in any DAS _songs_. However, I have heard a DAS pre-song message in which Flans apologizes for DAS being "f***ed up." They haven't had any messages before the songs for ages now, so I wouldn't worry about that. Kay ------------------------------ Message-ID: <30F0CFC8.3DA0@tmbg.org> Date: Mon, 08 Jan 1996 00:03:20 -0800 From: Ruprecht The Nonsensical Organization: Representatives of the People of Here Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG/Simpsons.... more coinicidences??? + OAT mr.train@juno.com wrote: > > I was watching the Sipmsons reruns that our local fox affiliates play > from 6:00-7:00pm and there was an episode where Homer thought he was a > failure and he was going to jump off a cliff or something and he wrote > his suicide note on a page from a pad of paper fridge and it said "Dumb > Things I Gotta Do" hmmmm... I think that may be a little more than a > coincidence... what do you guys think? Having raised this topic before, I suggested that this incident was probably due to the writing of Conan O'Brian, alleged TMBG fan. Perhaps anyone will pay attention this time and start an all too long discussion on The Simpsons??? OAT: I took ye olde Myer/Briggs test in Psych class. I happen to be a ISTP or INTP, which, for all interested, means I'm that quiet jerk who's smarter than you, but will probably fail because I don't happen to want to do my work within a reasonable time frame. I do not say this to start a spree of questions on what the test is, where I get off saying I'm smarter than you or lists of people's problems with this personality test. I only say it because I'm a trouble maker. -- "I'm a jealous bitch" --Melissa Beatty \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ http://freshnet.de/user/ruprecht/ * Now in FreshNet Vision * ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 20:47:56 -0600 Subject: TMBG: re: un-listed tour dates Message-ID: <19970920.205026.18198.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) hey hey all, i'm just writing to inform everyone out there of some dates that aren't listed at tmbg.com... if you have any additions and/or verifications of these shows please inform! =) all shows without a site in brackets after them are based purely on rumors so don't count on them =) October 11th: *9:30 Club* - Washington DC [ www.pollstar.com/ ] October 14th: *Hofstra University* - Hempstead(?), NY October 17th: *Alma College* - Alma, MI [www.pollstar.com/ ] October 19th: *The Rave* - Milwaukee, WI [ www.ticketmaster.com/ ] November 6th: *Mercury Lounge* - NYC November 14th: *Marshall Auditorium* - HAverford, PA [www.pollstar.com/] November 13th: *Mercury Lounge* - NYC November 20th: *Mercury Lounge* - NYC November 27th: *Mercury Lounge* - NYC I'm contemplating driving up to Milwaukee for that 10/19 show (from denver)... hmm... Anyways, sorry to all who felt this a needless post. i, personally, enjoyed it to it's fullest. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html [***Your one stop TMBG bootleg shop***] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-263 ******************************