Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-266 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 266 Wednesday, 24 September 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Fw: about those tickets... TMBG: HOLY CINCINNATI SHOW BATMAN!!!! TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-264 TMBG: Cincy shows TMBG: RE: HOLY CINCINNATI SHOW BATMAN!!!! TMBG: Re: Flansie's wife NON-TMBG: Whereinthaheckis TMBG: Cinci show headcount (none) TMBG: they in st louis TMBG: Cincy show TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-265 Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "AugieWan" Subject: TMBG: Fw: about those tickets... Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 09:13:37 -0400 Message-Id: <13123801501388@dancingink.com> They're $10.00, so I'll need $40.00 for > four tickets, o'course. They haven't set a date for when they go onsale > yet, but I'd like to have the money by Oct. 1st, to be safe. You can > trust me, I promise. (Kirsten crosses her heart) I can get you directions > to Alma as soon as I dig out the map and figure out where Buchanan is. ;) We'll send the money soon!! E-me privately with an address for the money. Oh, we know how to get to Alma but we don't know where to go from there. : ) ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 09:56:03 -0400 Message-Id: <199709231356.JAA28496@one.net> From: John Lambert Subject: TMBG: HOLY CINCINNATI SHOW BATMAN!!!! Hey folks! It's that time again... Cincinnati show October 24th as was posted previously. We seem to have quite a little clan of THEY fans here and it always proves to be a great show. Plans are: plans suck! and they usually fall apart anyway. I'm going to wear a name tag with a nice and shiney "Hello my name is... Green Jello" on it. You too, can do this fellow listees! Or you can just wave at me and say "Hey stupid! What's up?" Queen Sneepy... you going to participate? Amy ? Kent? Matt? YOU CAN"T HIDE FROM ME!!!!!!!! Come out come out wherever you are!!!!! Anyone can contact me and we'll discuss amongst ourselves how cool it is to go to They shows in Cincy! Green Jello, a fellow John lambertj@spanpro.com jkl@one.net greenjello@tmbg.org johnl@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 12:57:11 -0400 (EDT) From: PIGNATARO DANIELLE Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-264 Message-Id: Did anyone else at the Mercury Lounge show catch on that the blond Puff girl was Robin, Flans's wife? Just wondering..... ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 12:01:01 -0500 (CDT) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: TMBG: Cincy shows Message-ID: Hey all-- As usual, They Might Be Giants have decided to mess with my mind. That is, while I'm stuck here at school (in St. Louis) they go to Cincinnati (near Dayton, my hometown). And of course, when I go home, I'm sure they'll be here in St. Louis...damn my luck. Anyway, I'm thinking of heading home around the 24th for the show in Cincy...hopefully it'll all work out. See ya later. Eternally frustrated, Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu "Not sure what you say Makes any difference anyway..." --Treble Charger ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 13:38:13 -0400 Message-Id: <199709231738.NAA19354@one.net> From: John Lambert Subject: TMBG: RE: HOLY CINCINNATI SHOW BATMAN!!!! OCT. 16TH!!!!! I'M SORRY... the 24th is the wrong date!!!!! 16th stupid stupid john Green Jello Hey folks! It's that time again... Cincinnati show October 24th as was posted previously. We seem to have quite a little clan of THEY fans here and it always proves to be a great show. Plans are: plans suck! and they usually fall apart anyway. I'm going to wear a name tag with a nice and shiney "Hello my name is... Green Jello" on it. You too, can do this fellow listees! Or you can just wave at me and say "Hey stupid! What's up?" Queen Sneepy... you going to participate? Amy ? Kent? Matt? YOU CAN"T HIDE FROM ME!!!!!!!! Come out come out wherever you are!!!!! Anyone can contact me and we'll discuss amongst ourselves how cool it is to go to They shows in Cincy! Green Jello, a fellow John lambertj@spanpro.com jkl@one.net greenjello@tmbg.org johnl@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970923141704.0069add4@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 14:17:04 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Re: Flansie's wife At 12:57 PM 9/23/97 -0400, you wrote: > >Did anyone else at the Mercury Lounge show catch on that the blond Puff >girl was Robin, Flans's wife? Just wondering..... I'm curious...what does she look like, and did anyone take any pictures? :) TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970923172346.00693dec@mailhost2.planet.net> Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 17:23:46 -0400 From: Perry lee Subject: NON-TMBG: Whereinthaheckis To all of you NYC locals, where in hades is the mercury lounge? I finally saw Irving Plaza, since i was there last friday to see Save Ferris and a few other bands. (They rocked the house, for anyone who cares.) But i really have never heard of the Mercury Lounge. If anyone knows where it is, locality, boro, if it is on earth, trains that go near, ANYTHING. I'd like to know. Also, if anyone who lives near NYC and outlying areas would like to give a poor broke downtrodden high school junior a ride to the Merc Lounge shows, he would really really appreciate it. People who listen to country need not apply. Hernk! ********************************** A world screams kiss me son of god email: mlee@planet.net ICQ: 1840333 web: www.planet.net\pmlee ********************************** ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970923221556.0067e4d4@uc.campus.mci.net> Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 18:15:56 -0400 From: Kelley Kent Subject: TMBG: Cinci show headcount I know this is extremely premature, but I was just curious how many listees are planning on attending the Cincinnati? I know I'll be there. Just curious. Kelley Kent (kkent@uc.campus.mci.net) \ \___where the extra 'e' gives me my masculinity :) PS - I'm a digester, so I appologize if a post like this already appeared today. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970923185141.00685d84@map.com> Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 18:51:41 -0400 From: Nancy and Russell Potter Has anybody else noticed that the dial a song has been playing The Bells are Ringing. Just a note. "Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of"- They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ From: Tmbgneat@aol.com Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 19:39:55 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970923193727_-1965035873@emout04.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: they in st louis while i was driving home on a icky rainy day i heard on the radio..."and on october jaisdpoirjkdp they might be giants will be at mississippi nights with lincoln, tickets are 13 dollars and it is an all age show"....then i about crashed.... im kinda missing important info...like the date....i would call the radio station but its always busy...and its a poop station "the point"....so if anybody from st louis hears anything about this show please post..... i go now...poof ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 22:11:14 -0600 (GMT-0600) From: Two people live here Subject: TMBG: Cincy show Message-ID: Doh! I got my hopes all high for the Cincy show on the 24th, only to find that it is still on the 16th after all. And unfortunately I can't make that show. But, I'm still planning on Alma and now Ann Arbor too! I'm so glad They like the midwest. And on a somewhat related note, one of my students is named Jon Henry. **************** Amy Greenlese :) Music Educator Extraordinare http://www2.onu.edu/~stu1336 "I have seen slower people than I am -- and even quieter, and more listless, and lazier people than I am. But they were dead." - Mark Twain ------------------------------ From: Cdanve10@scu.edu.au Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 13:34:32 +1000 Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970924133949.2097d55a@students.scu.edu.au> Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-265 >Finally, the big news, I asked Dan Hickey about it and he said Hal Cragin is >replacing Graham Maby in TMBG! He played bass for Monopuff >fantastically so I think he'll be a good addition. AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! I want that gig !!!!! I'm better than him !!!!! F**K They Might Be Giants ....... So-man ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-266 ******************************