Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-267 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 267 Thursday, 25 September 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Hades is downtown Re: TMBG: Cinci show headcount TMBG: Ann Arbor? Re: TMBG: Ann Arbor? TMBG: full show list? Re: TMBG: Hades is downtown TMBG: Must get this mp3! Triboro from 9/13 NON-TMBG: fruvous Re: NON-TMBG: fruvous TMBG: more tourdates Re: NON-TMBG: Whereinthaheckis TMBG: Re: flans's wife TMBG: They in St. Louis TMBG: Show on the 16th Re: TMBG: Cinci show headcount TMBG: tmbg in st. louis TMBG: Any concerts in/near Chicage area Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <3428F5A1.693@schicktech.com> Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 07:12:33 -0400 From: Rob Plass Organization: Schick Technologies, Inc. Subject: TMBG: Hades is downtown ===From: Perry lee ===Subject: NON-TMBG: Whereinthaheckis ===To all of you NYC locals, where in hades is the mercury lounge? === The Mercury Lounge is on the Lower East Side of Manhattan, which means it's downtown and towards the east (closer to England) side of the city. You can get to it by Bus/Subway/Taxi/Car easily, since it is in Manhattan. It's on Houston Street, across the street from Katz's Deli and on the other side of the street, a building with a large wall mural of the band KISS. If you go downtown on 2nd Avenue and make a left onto Houston (not pronounced like the city in Texas, it's pronounced like I live in a house-ton), you'll see it on your right side about four blocks down. Parking ($12) is available right next to the club. Bring your wallet, which must contain cash, since they don't take plastic. I'm pretty sure that there's no ticket pickup, so you have to buy your tickets ahead of time. Oh, and the 18+ thing: YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE a picture ID on you even if you're all old and shit. They don't ever have all ages shows; all the shows there are either 18+ or 21+, and most of them are 21+. The TMBG shows are most likely 18+, though. :( By the way, you can't sneak into the Mercury Lounge and you can't use fake ID. I see them turn people away all the time, usually NYU freshmen who are 17 and try to get in with their non-photo college ID or their dates. I even see them turn people away who are really old (like 30!) if they have no ID. The dudes who work there are pretty cool, unusually polite, actually, but very strict about carding people. Anyway, anyone going to the Merc Lounge shows who needs directions how to get there to buy tickets, give me an e-buzz and I can tell you. I'm probably going to all four shows, so we can hang. Rob Plass * --------------------------------- I just posted the live version of "GAS MASK" - newest TMBG song: http://www.april1st.com/music/mp3s/gasmask.mp3 (2 Megs) ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 09:35:46 -0400 (EDT) From: Josh Woodward Subject: Re: TMBG: Cinci show headcount Message-id: On Tue, 23 Sep 1997, Kelley Kent wrote: > I know this is extremely premature, but I was just curious > how many listees are planning on attending the Cincinnati? > I know I'll be there. I'll be there with all my friends in full force. :> Yay!! * ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Josh Woodward, Comp. Sci, BGSU joshw@mail.bgsu.edu Web Site and Tape List: http://www.dc-adnet.com/joshw/ "I'm not a real doctor, but I am a real worm." - They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 10:17:23 -0400 (EDT) From: Jen Lyons Subject: TMBG: Ann Arbor? Message-ID: Did someone say something about Ann Arbor? Was that the Fruvous show, or are TMBG coming to Ann Arbor? jen :9 "Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment." ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 09:25:56 -0700 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: TMBG: Ann Arbor? Message-id: <34293F14.1A3B@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> Jen Lyons wrote: > > Did someone say something about Ann Arbor? > Was that the Fruvous show, or are TMBG coming to Ann Arbor? Well, Fruvous is playing at the Ark in November. You can check http://www.fruvous.com for all your Fruvous information needs. Yay FDC! -- -====================================================================- Chad Maloney | CMMalone@softart.com | WWW homeless as of late... -====================================================================- Software Engineer | Every little child learns, if you can't see Software Artistry | dreams your eyes are blind - Fly, Moxy Fruvous -====================================================================- ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "Rensink, Brenden BHS" Subject: TMBG: full show list? Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 07:29:00 -0700 I know there are tour dateson the .com page, but those dates only have about 8 shows. Is there a place where one can get the entire list of tour dates, or are they only going to release them as they go? Becuase I am hoping that they decide to grace my part of the country (Washington State). But considering my luck int he past they will either skip my state entirely, or the venue where they play will be 21 and over. OH PISS!!!! brenden - nednerb ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3429D4BE.3FD3D034@megahits.com> Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 23:04:31 -0400 From: Lee Steel Organization: BetaLab Subject: Re: TMBG: Hades is downtown Then I guess I will see you at, at least one or two of the shows. I intend to see the Oct.3 MonoPuff show as well. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970924173204.00730dd4@cyrus.andrew.cmu.edu> Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 13:32:04 -0400 From: Josh Subject: TMBG: Must get this mp3! Triboro from 9/13 Hey, for any of you who were at the philly shows...or probably other shows. That song they opened with....instrumental...labelled on the setlist as "Triboro" is now up on my web page...a very nice mp3 of it. A must hear for every TMBG fan :) Josh (Jish) http://tmbg.res.cmu.edu/irc.html Special Offer Page for the mp3s ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9709241859.AA03204@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: NON-TMBG: fruvous Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 14:58:59 -0400 (EDT) Hi all, I perused Fruvous.Com and noticed a lot of new tour dates on there. I was curious if anyone is going to any of these: Sunday, Oct. 12 Herndon, VA Herndon Festival Tuesday, Oct. 21 Baltimore, MD Fletcher's (I believe 21+ venue) Tuesday, Nov. 11 Washington, DC The Bayou Thursday, Nov. 13 Philadelphia, PA T.L.A. (where TMBG played!) The Philly show might be a stretch since it's on a Thursday but I'm pretty sure I can make the rest no problem, all are within 1 hour driving distance or shorter (cept Philly). Any takers? (what is the Herndon Festival?) Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 14:41:38 -0700 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: fruvous Message-id: <34298912.4D58@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> Matthew James wrote: > I perused Fruvous.Com and noticed a lot of new tour dates on there. > I was curious if anyone is going to any of these: > Sunday, Oct. 12 Herndon, VA Herndon Festival > Tuesday, Oct. 21 Baltimore, MD Fletcher's (I believe 21+ venue) > Tuesday, Nov. 11 Washington, DC The Bayou > Thursday, Nov. 13 Philadelphia, PA T.L.A. (where TMBG played!) > The new dates for the fall tour came out about a week ago. I'm making a lot of the shows, but none of the ones you listed. I'd list the 20 ones I'm thinking about making before December, but you'd all just think I'm insane for even wanting to see a band that much in two months =) Did I mention I like Moxy Fruvous? If anyone on the list is making one of the Fruvous shows this summer, email me. If it is in the midwest, there is a very good chance I'll be there. I'm also going down south once (for a Nashville show) and East a couple times (for Albany->Buffalo x 2->Saratoga Springs and then the three shows at the Mercury Lounge in November). If you haven't heard of Fruvous and you have a chance to see them, do it. I beg you. They are by far the most awesome live band you can ever imagine. I'm giddy just waiting for next week when my two months of Fruvous starts. -- -====================================================================- Chad Maloney | CMMalone@softart.com | WWW homeless as of late... -====================================================================- Software Engineer | Every little child learns, if you can't see Software Artistry | dreams your eyes are blind - Fly, Moxy Fruvous -====================================================================- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 15:00:31 -0600 (GMT-0600) From: "It's done with mirrors" Subject: TMBG: more tourdates Message-ID: I can't remember who originally posted this, someone in Denver I think, and I snipped it a bit to send to a friend, but ANYWAY, here is proof that someone at least mentioned an Ann Arbor show. > THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS: > October 16th: *Bogart's* - Cinncinatti, OH - (w/ Lincoln) > October 17th: *Alma College* - Alma, MI - (w/ Lincoln) - students, > alums, and their guests > October 22nd: *Michigan Theatre* - Ann Arbor, MI **************** Amy Greenlese :) Music Educator Extraordinare http://www2.onu.edu/~stu1336 "I have seen slower people than I am -- and even quieter, and more listless, and lazier people than I am. But they were dead." - Mark Twain ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 15:58:22 -0400 (EDT) From: The Demonic Kangaroo Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Whereinthaheckis Message-ID: >To all of you NYC locals, where in hades is the mercury lounge? I finally >saw Irving Plaza, since i was there last friday to see Save Ferris and a >few other bands. (They rocked the house, for anyone who cares.) But i >really have never heard of the Mercury Lounge. If anyone knows where it >locality, boro, if it is on earth, trains that go near, ANYTHING. I'd like The Mercury Lounge is at 217 E. Houston St, between Ludlow and Essex (Avenue A)... take a look at http://www.metrobeat.com/nyc/cs/maps/man15.html the lounge is not on the map, but near the bottom you can see The Bank, which is another club that is right next to Mercury lounge.. you can also see Irving Plaza at the top left, so you can see where it is.. when i went there last saturday to see Mono Puff this is the route i took from Penn station.. i walked a few blocks east to 2nd ave. then walked south down 2nd all the way to houston st.. about 35 blocks (the short way).. then east on houston a few blocks to the Mercury Lounge. Great show.. in fact, you can see some pics from it at my page! http://www.cybercomm.net/~tdk/tmbg.html -Mike ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 16:10:52 -0400 (EDT) From: The Demonic Kangaroo Subject: TMBG: Re: flans's wife Message-ID: >Did anyone else at the Mercury Lounge show catch on that the blond Puff >girl was Robin, Flans's wife? Just wondering..... I did, and you can see a photo of her that i took on my page! http://www.cybercomm.net/~tdk/tmbg.html -Mike ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3427C398.7287@stlnet.com> Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 06:26:48 -0700 From: Pat Acquisto Subject: TMBG: They in St. Louis They Might Be Giants are playing on October 21 at Mississippi. Tickets are 13 bucks. Does anyone know what the band Lincoln sounds like? nick ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 15:56:15 -0500 (EST) From: Ryan Staib Subject: TMBG: Show on the 16th Message-ID: Is there anyone who is going to the Bogart's Cincinnati show on the 16th that will be driving near Indianapolis (or Bloomington, to be more specific)?? I am desperate to go to the show, but I don't have a ride. :( And it's so close. And, uh, on a less-likely note, if anyone's going to the Ann Arbor show on the 22nd, and is going to drive near Indianapolis... I think you get the picture. I will split gas costs or drive or do whatever you want, as long as you can push/pull/launch me to the concert on time and in one (conscious and relatively undamaged) piece. Or I will even be really happy if you can suggest how I could get a ride. Just as long as I make it there and back, and all the above stuff. RS ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 14:34:57 -0400 (EDT) From: Heather L Garver Subject: Re: TMBG: Cinci show headcount Message-ID: Count me in. See you all there. On Tue, 23 Sep 1997, Kelley Kent wrote: > I know this is extremely premature, but I was just curious > how many listees are planning on attending the Cincinnati? > I know I'll be there. > > Just curious. > > Kelley Kent (kkent@uc.campus.mci.net) > \ > \___where the extra 'e' gives me my masculinity :) > > PS - I'm a digester, so I appologize if a post like this > already appeared today. > ------------------------------ From: Tmbgneat@aol.com Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 17:25:22 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970924164902_-61134733@emout20.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: tmbg in st. louis ooook....they might be giants....october 21....st. louis....mississippi nights...tickets 13 dollars i go now again...poof ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19970924224724.006a91e4@mail.netnitco.net> Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 22:47:24 -0500 From: The Cowans Subject: TMBG: Any concerts in/near Chicage area I live in Valparaiso, IN and was wondering if anyone knew of any concerts near here. I'm about 45 minutes from downtown Chicage. It's the 2nd county east of the Illinois/Indiana border right under Lake Michiagan. If They aren't coming any closer I have to go to Ann Arbor but I want something closer. Usually they have a Chicage or South Bend date. Anyone have info? Blink ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-267 ******************************