Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-269 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 269 Saturday, 27 September 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Ann Arbor Show!! TMBG: Brian Dewan M2 Jingle on Download-a-Song! TMBG: Upcoming shows, They and otherwise Re: TMBG: Cinci show headcount TMBG: Shows, Mono Puff and the meaning of life, the universe and everything Re: TMBG: Brian Dewan M2 Jingle on Download-a-Song! TMBG: Newsletter NON-TMBG: Cousin Update TMBG: barely-tmbg: a dream i had last night... Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 08:42:09 -0400 (EDT) From: Susan Lyon Subject: TMBG: Ann Arbor Show!! Message-ID: Hi everyone! Tickets for the October 22 show at the Michigan Theater in Ann Arbor are going on sale tomorrow (Saturday) at 10 a.m. through Ticketmaster. Woo hoo! susan +~+_+~+_~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+ Susan Lyon + "If people are saying "no" to The Lloyd Hall Scholars Program + Smiths, they're saying "yes" to 100 Observatory Street + Madonna. And I find that the Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2025 + biggest sin of all." (313) 764-7521 + -Morrissey ^^^^^^^^^ who i just saw in concert two nights ago!!! ------------------------------ From: GaritRN@aol.com Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 12:51:24 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970926124834_320345897@emout13.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Brian Dewan M2 Jingle on Download-a-Song! Hi everybody! This week's Download-a-Song is an amazing tune by none other than Brian Dewan himself. It's an M2 Promotion Jingle that he wrote and this is a live version of that. Download-a-Song is located at: http://members.aol.com/GaritRN Again, special thanks to Liz from the H.O.G. for providing this song for our listening pleasure. Larry ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970926174003.008965e0@mrfizz> Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 17:40:09 +0600 From: Patrick Savage Subject: TMBG: Upcoming shows, They and otherwise Matt James wrote: >I perused Fruvous.Com and noticed a lot of new tour dates on there. >I was curious if anyone is going to any of these: >Sunday, Oct. 12 Herndon, VA Herndon Festival Hey, I just realized that's the same weekend as the TMBG 9:30 show! Ok, I'm not very observant, but now I almost certainly will be making the 4 hour drive up that weekend. Fruvous and They on the same weekend...aiiee! There's some info about the Herdon Festival linked from FDC (http://www.hidwater.com/folkvenue/va/va13.html). If you're lazy, here's the important stuff: free, 12pm-5pm, other artists playing: Cosy Sheridan, Dan Bern (2pm), Greg Greenway (12pm), Karen Savoca (1pm), Ray Kaminsky. -- Pat psavage@vt.edu ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 17:05:41 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: Cinci show headcount Message-ID: On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Heather L Garver wrote: > > Count me in. See you all there. > > On Tue, 23 Sep 1997, Kelley Kent wrote: > > > I know this is extremely premature, but I was just curious > > how many listees are planning on attending the Cincinnati? > > I know I'll be there. > > And me! Stefanie Elliott smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu *http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/home.html Craig Kilborn is cool! http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~smelliot/craig.html "Is that a homer, Simpson? Because the pitcher just went 'D'oh!'" -Kenny Mayne ------------------------------ Message-ID: <342C3759.2DFC@ix.netcom.com> Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 18:29:45 -0400 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: wekbuh (WECB) Subject: TMBG: Shows, Mono Puff and the meaning of life, the universe and everything For all who are interested, Moxy Fruvous will be in Boston next week (I believe it's Monday) at the Paradise. If you've never been there, it's one of the best places to see a band because it's very small (a bit smaller than the Merc in NYC)and the bouncers try to schedule themselves so that they work when bands they like are on. Anyhoo, Paradise= cool, so if you're a Fruvous fan and you're somewheres near Boston, go ahead n check 'em out. If you need directions (mostly T directions, I warn you now; I don't drive in Boston at all), email me personally and I'll point you in the right direction. Also, during my interview with Skeleton Key, Steve mentioned that: 1. Fun to Steal was just finished and 2. He thinks (he's not sure, though) it will be on Ryko again. This stuff wasn't discussed on the air (and you wonder what you miss when they go to commerical on the radio. the answer: everything), but that's the official word right now. later kids, Amanda ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 15:58:20 -0700 (PDT) From: leonard helfgott Subject: Re: TMBG: Brian Dewan M2 Jingle on Download-a-Song! Message-Id: does anyone know how I would get the e-mail address of fruit of the loom? They once made t-shirts of my favorite band (the dead milkmen, TMBG is my close second) and I'd like to get one. Please let me know if you've got any info. Jon Helfgott, Noj Toggfleh ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 21:45:05 -0400 (EDT) From: Robert Mootrey u Subject: TMBG: Newsletter Message-ID: I received a newsletter today--the one with all the stuff that's currently on the tmbg.com (introducing Dan Hickey, etc.) I live in Canada, and I thought someone said they don't send them here anymore. Also it was postmarked Sept 22 in NJ! How old is this newsletter? I joined the club a couple years ago and this is only the second newsletter I have ever got. ( the other one was right after JH came out) Cool. -Sean Mootrey. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 22:52:21 -0500 (CDT) From: **Tarnished Silence** Subject: NON-TMBG: Cousin Update Message-Id: Greetings, Fellow Fans, I'm happy to report that my cousin is doing much better tonight. She has bacterial meningitis, which is better than virual meningitis, because it can be treated with antibiotics. So that is good. But she's not out of the danger zone by any means, so any prayer support you can offer would help a great deal. Thanks a million to you all! Have a great weekend, TS 210 =========================================================== == Beyond your wildest dreams, there is only one... == == == == <<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>> == == == =========================================================== ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 22:16:53 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: barely-tmbg: a dream i had last night... Message-ID: ...john and john were making a movie in their spare time and after they finished it, they showed it during prime time hours on abc. the opening sequence was this computer-generated football game scene, where this guy catches a pass and runs into the end zone for what would be a touchdown except when he gets to the end zone, he trips over a radiator (the kind you find near the walls of older buildings) that just happens to be right in his way. -jim kuemmerle, who should really get out more. j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://synapse.biology.utah.edu/jim/gateway.html but only for a few more days... ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-269 ******************************