Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-270 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 270 Sunday, 28 September 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: a dream i had last night... TMBG: WFNX song Re: TMBG: Re: a dream i had last night... Re: TMBG: ESPLODIN' wit jealousy... Re: TMBG: WFNX song TMBG: Tour Dates TMBG: Re: Doob's Diatribe Re: TMBG: Re: Doob's Diatribe Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <342CE368.58F8@pacificnet.net> Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 03:43:56 -0700 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Re: a dream i had last night... >...john and john were making a movie in their spare time and after they >finished it, they showed it during prime time hours on abc. the opening >sequence was this computer-generated football game scene, where this guy >catches a pass and runs into the end zone for what would be a touchdown >except when he gets to the end zone, he trips over a radiator (the kind >you find near the walls of older buildings) that just happens to be right >in his way. >-jim kuemmerle, who should really get out more. I had a TMBG dream last night, more like a nightmare. Dial-a-song was no longer just a regular call to Brooklyn but $3.99 a minute like some kind of Psychic Friends Network thing. ***ON ANOTHER NOTE***... I'm just curious to know if my fellow West Coast friends are exploding with jealosy, like I am, about all these East Coast shows. -B O N G O _________________________________ "Which side of the tracks are you on? Both sides because the world is round." -Geggy Tah ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot@aol.com Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 13:43:20 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970927134208_2020607594@emout09.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: WFNX song I was lsitening to the radio the other day (101.7 WFNX, Boston), & a really cool song had just finished playing, so the station did some station identification stuff & then I heard a song. I thought, whoa, this is cool...it sounds kind of familiar...is this They Might Be Giants?...the song continued for about a half a minute until my suspicions were confirmed as the music fading, John made an announcement "you are listening to WFNX..."blah, blah, blah...then they played Istanbul (off Flood). Anyway, I just want to know if anybody out there has this song...even if it's only a station announcemnt...I found it nifty...& if someone has it, whether or not they can get it to me in a MP3 or RA format. Email me personally because the whole list probably doens't want to be bothered Jason ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 10:54:49 -0700 (PDT) From: "'Lani' N Olson" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: a dream i had last night... Message-ID: On Sat, 27 Sep 1997, Bongo wrote: > ***ON ANOTHER NOTE***... I'm just curious to know if my fellow West > Coast friends are exploding with jealosy, like I am, about all these > East Coast shows. I'm exploding right now! Last night my roommate was jumping up and down with that frustrated little kid look saying "I want Them to come back here NOW!" I tried to comfort her by saying that they're still adding tour dates, but to no avail. When will they be back in Seattle???? When???? -Lani O:) Member of the Unofficial Sludge Fan Club since 1997 lanio@u.washington.edu * * * * * * * * * a.butterfly@bigfoot.com Lani's Inverse Home Page: http://weber.u.washington.edu/~lanio/ http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Lair/6692 _______________________________________________________________ "I'm the man. You know when people say, 'You're the man'? I'm the guy they're talking about." -Alec Wilmart ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 12:11:39 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: ESPLODIN' wit jealousy... Message-ID: On Sat, 27 Sep 1997, Bongo wrote: > ***ON ANOTHER NOTE***... I'm just curious to know if my fellow West > Coast friends are exploding with jealosy, like I am, about all these > East Coast shows. i'm in the rocky mountain west (utah, hence the catchy e-mail address j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu), and just ESPLODIN' wit jealousy. i mean, even michigan and st. louis are just too freakin' far for me to go, much less nyc, no matter whether everyone there's my friend or not. especially since i don't even have a car. that really makes it hard. at least toad the wet sprocket will be here next month, and i'll get to see them with my fiancee, who will be in town visiting me (yay!!!!). :) but even then, we'll have to take a cab. but i digress. anyway, does anybody know if They ever get out to SLC? i haven't been here long enough to know. -an ESPLODIN' jim kuemmerle j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://synapse.biology.utah.edu/jim/gateway.html ...but only for a few more days... ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 12:38:03 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: WFNX song Message-ID: On Sat, 27 Sep 1997 Happyfroot@aol.com wrote: > Anyway, I just want to > know if anybody out there has this song...even if it's only a station > announcemnt...I found it nifty...& if someone has it, whether or not they can > get it to me in a MP3 or RA format. Email me personally because the whole > list probably doens't want to be bothered whatever... bother the list!! :) i know *i* want to hear it! i'm willing to bet money that most other listies would at least like to know where to find it if it's available... -jim kuemmerle j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://synapse.biology.utah.edu/jim/gateway.html ...but only for a few more days... ------------------------------ From: SuperD149@aol.com Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 15:40:17 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970927154017_1765004985@emout09.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Tour Dates I don't have acess to the internet and I was woundering if someone could please E-mail me the Giants current touring schedule. Thanks David ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 17:42:55 -0700 Subject: TMBG: Re: Doob's Diatribe Message-ID: <19970927.174304.9694.1.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Josh Nielsen) I've been listening to this debate for a long time, and now I want to add my say. I say this whole argument is pointless because people will do what they want to do and justify it however they can. This whole thing is a quetion of to things. It's either a legal question or a moral question. By that I mean it is either wrong or right based on whether or not it's legal, or it's right or wrong based on the moral struture of the individual. If it a legal question, then all illegal drugs, including marajuana, are wrong because they are illegal. If it is a moral question, then who's morals? Most of you I think would say that if it is right for you, then it is okay. You decide your own morals. Is that logical though?? What if I say that I believe that brutally raping and killing people is okay for me, what can you do to stop me?? It makes me happy. "Well that hurts other people", yeah it does, but drugs, despite what you think, hurt you! And unless you don't feel you are a person, then drugs hurt people. "Well we should be in control of our own lives, and if we hurt ourseves, then who cares?" Well, you're family cares. You're friends care. You aren't just hurting yourself when you do drugs. If there is a moral code that applies to everybody, then who gets to decide those? The government? Well, the government seems to think that illegal drugs are harmful. That's why they are illegal. God? That makes the most sence, but if you don't believe in God, then whose do you use? If you do believe in him, do you think God would condone drug use? I don't. If you are God, then what if I said that NAMBLA was a-okay and that killing young children is alright. Who's to stop me, because I am a part of God? If you are an Atheist, then you have to choose either the Government's morals or your own. I have already addressed those. That's my two pennies. I hope we can end this pointless argument now. Josh Nielsen jnielsen69@juno.com http://www.angelfire.com/or/jnielsen/ http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Studio/4091 ICQ #1337243 ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 00:29:30 -0500 (CDT) Message-Id: <199709280529.AAA12119@mail.utexas.edu> From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Doob's Diatribe > If you are an Atheist, then you have to choose either the >Government's morals or your own. False. You need not choose any morals. Mitch ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-270 ******************************