Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-273 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 273 Wednesday, 1 October 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Monopuff concert 10/3 (Need a Ride?) Re: TMBG: MP3's TMBG: tour dates TMBG: Coca-Cola song on Download-a-Song! Re: TMBG: mp3 BANK!?!?!?!! Re: TMBG: mp3 BANK!?!?!?!! Re: TMBG: Coca-Cola song on Download-a-Song! Re: TMBG: Coca-Cola song on Download-a-Song! TMBG: bad person TMBG: intro self Re: TMBG: intro self Re: TMBG: bad person TMBG: The first step is admitting that you have a problem Re: TMBG: The first step is admitting that you have a problem Re: TMBG: The first step is admitting that you have a problem Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <3430E1DD.79AB@schicktech.com> Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 07:30:25 -0400 From: Rob Plass Organization: Schick Technologies, Inc. - the Leader in Digital Radiography Subject: TMBG: Monopuff concert 10/3 (Need a Ride?) Hello exquisite living people, I'm going to go to the Monopuff concert at Brownies on October 3 and as usual, anyone who needs a ride from around the NYC area or needs directions or whatever, give me an e-buzz. The last two shows that Amanda and I saw at the Merc Lounge were just excellent and I highly recommend this Oct 3 show if you missed those. Okay, Rob Plass http://www.schicktech.com/ -------------------------- "Oh, Hi! Fine, thanks so much for asking!" - Lincoln ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970930101505.006c4000@130.127.28.14> Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 10:15:05 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: MP3's As I posted earlier, the site's down for good. The server was running on a PC, and that person has moved, away from his frame-relay access. -Adam At 01:22 AM 9/30/97 -0400, you wrote: >Hey all: >Does anyone know of a website that has Monopuff/TMBG unreleased or >hard-to-find songs. A little while ago http://ryan.wilmot.net/~ron/mp3s/ >was posted here but now the server is not responding. :( Help please! >Thanks in advance. /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 08:59:59 -0600 Subject: TMBG: tour dates Message-ID: <19970930.090012.11886.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) hEy HEy! since i've gotten a few requests to re-post all the tourdates i'm gonna do that now (again). Hope this helps! =) THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS October 11th: *9:30 Club* - Washington DC - (w/ Lincoln) October 12th: *Tradewinds* - Sea Bright, NJ - 18+ October 14th: *Hofstra University* - Hempstead(?), NY October 16th: *Bogart's* - Cinncinatti, OH - (w/ Lincoln) October 17th: *Alma College* - Alma, MI - *Cappart Gym* (w/ Lincoln) October 18th: *Cabaret Metro* - Chicago, IL October 19th: *The Rave* - Milwaukee, WI October 21st: *Mississipi Nights* - St. Louis, MO October 22nd: *Michigan Theatre* - Ann Arbor, MI October 23rd: *Agora Theater* - Cleveland, OH October 24th: *The Chance* - Poughkeepsie, NY October 25th: *Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel* - Providence, RI November 6th: *Mercury Lounge* - NYC November 13th: *Mercury Lounge* - NYC November 14th: *Marshall Auditorium* - HAverford, PA - (w/ Lincoln) November 20th: *Mercury Lounge* - NYC November 27th: *Mercury Lounge* - NYC December 13th: *Worcester Polytechnic Institute* - Worcester, MA MONO PUFF: October 3rd: *Brownies* - NYC take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ------------------------------ From: GaritRN@aol.com Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 12:33:14 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970930123130_1823618379@emout03.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Coca-Cola song on Download-a-Song! Yes that's right folks! The much demanded TMBG Coca Cola song is now this week's Download a Song! Flans seems to do most of the vocal work, it's not clear what Linnell's role is. Download-a-Song is located at: http://members.aol.com/GaritRN special thanks for Mrs. G for this supercool tune. and remember, Always Be Giants! Larry ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 14:12:46 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: mp3 BANK!?!?!?!! Message-ID: <19970930.141511.4590.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> OK THAT'S IT! Why am I the last to hear about stuff like this??? What is The TMBG Bank Project and how do I become part of it??? I Would LOVE to get those songs on a CD!!! how can I get it??!!!??! Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) On Mon, 29 Sep 1997 19:01:17 -0400 Adam Tyner writes: >At 04:33 PM 9/29/97 -0400, you wrote: >>anyone know a good site that has alot of the hello club's songs on >it? >>there use to be http://ryan.wilmot.net/%7Eron/mp3s >>but it seems to suddenly dissappeared..... > >That's Ron Ferraro's web site, and he just moved to a new >apartment...one >without frame relay. That site's gone for good, although people >participating in the TMBG Bank project can get all those MP3s on CD. > >TTYL, > >-Adam > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970930142758.0069ba88@130.127.28.14> Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 14:27:58 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: mp3 BANK!?!?!?!! This all happened on the WWWboard...we didn't want to promote it too much because Ron only has 1 CD-R, and there are only so many hours in the day. :) I can't speak for Ron, but maybe he'll do something like this again later. TTYL, -Adam At 02:12 PM 9/30/97 -0400, you wrote: >OK THAT'S IT! Why am I the last to hear about stuff like this??? What is >The TMBG Bank Project and how do I become part of it??? I Would LOVE to >get those songs on a CD!!! how can I get it??!!!??! /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9709301844.AA09556@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: Coca-Cola song on Download-a-Song! Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 14:44:31 -0400 (EDT) > Yes that's right folks! > > The much demanded TMBG Coca Cola song is now this week's Download a Song! > > Flans seems to do most of the vocal work, it's not clear what Linnell's role > is. > > Download-a-Song is located at: > > http://members.aol.com/GaritRN > > special thanks for Mrs. G for this supercool tune. > > and remember, Always Be Giants! > > Larry > Well, considering that this is from the song Poison Flowers by Monopuff I can't see any involvement by Linnell... Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970930150211.0069c36c@130.127.28.14> Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 15:02:11 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Coca-Cola song on Download-a-Song! At 02:44 PM 9/30/97 -0400, you wrote: >Well, considering that this is from the song Poison Flowers by Monopuff >I can't see any involvement by Linnell... Part of it is, but that's not all the commercial is. TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: Tmbgneat@aol.com Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 17:56:53 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <970930175533_1754647966@emout08.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: bad person here is a story..... about back in march i traded with a person named...ROBERT GRABILL JR.... ..well...i emailed him and emailed him and emailed him.....continously said..."im real busy with school"....(yeah..we all remember how busy 8th grade was) well summer came and went....now ruffly 6 months later he said he'll put them in the mail on labor day.....well......umm...no tapes.....while my computer was in the shop...other people were having the same problem with him.......they complained to him and they got their stuff....am i to nice of a person or something?>....if anybody knows him please email me....or contact him or something....and if you....rob...are still on here....HELLO???....WAKE UP???.......not to be rude or anything but i even have his address still.... 25 Rayton Rd. Hanover, NH 03755 thanks if anyone can help me ------------------------------ From: stk7713@loki.stockton.edu Message-Id: <9709302322.AA08673@loki.stockton.edu> Subject: TMBG: intro self Date: Tue, 30 Sep 97 19:22:27 -0400 Gutentag fellow friends of tmbg, and thank you for letting me into your twelve step program to rid myself of this hideous addiction to tmbg music. At any rate, i felt it necessary to introduce myself into your conversations and lurk no longer. I am a student @ the Richard Stockton College of NJ and I haven't been to a Giants show since Valentines Day, (I believe that was at Irving Plaza, w/none other than Mr. Brian Dewan as one of the openers.) In all actuality it is my own father whom i have to blame for my problem. It all happened when i came home from high school one day and he sat me down and said 'here lass, i want you to listen very carefully and understand what these guys are telling you.' the cd was flood, and i was immobilized for days, hitting the repeat button until there was a callus on my finger so thick i feared it would never fall off. It eventually did. It is good to learn that i am not alone in the world. So, what has my love of these two guys named John got me? In the grand scheme of things who can say. They have inspired me to broaden my vocabulary, investigate artists, learn to play the electric bagpipes, invest in a wax cylinder player, and drink coffee. I am forever in their debt. I am more partial to Mr. Linnell. I adore his solo work on NY mayors & states. Not that i don't also love Monopuff, or the puffsters as i affectionately think of them. And though i have never been to the cowtown rodeo near me i shall some day. ===Tara=== ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 19:47:21 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: intro self Message-ID: On Tue, 30 Sep 1997 stk7713@loki.stockton.edu wrote: > Gutentag fellow friends of tmbg, and thank you for letting me into your > twelve step program to rid myself of this hideous addiction to tmbg music. ohhh, tara -- i think you may have stumbled into the wrong list... we here have no intention of kicking the habit. ;) > In all actuality it is my own father whom i have to blame for my > problem. It all happened when i came home from high school one day and he > sat me down and said 'here lass, i want you to listen very carefully and > understand what these guys are telling you.' the cd was flood, and i was > immobilized for days, hitting the repeat button until there was a callus on > my finger so thick i feared it would never fall off. It eventually did. It > is good to learn that i am not alone in the world. wow! i think that tops the list of family tmbg experiences!! but it reminds me of my conversion to jazz -- my father introduced me to that in a similar fashion... > So, what has my love of these two guys named John got me? In the grand > scheme of things who can say. They have inspired me to broaden my > vocabulary, investigate artists, learn to play the electric bagpipes, invest > in a wax cylinder player, and drink coffee. you play the electric bagpipes?? cool!! tomorrow morning i start playing the gaida, a bulgarian bagpipes. actually, i didn't even know there was such a thing as the electric bagpipes. anyway, welcome to the list, o tara of piperhood and coffee. (not like i'm in any sort of official welcoming committee position, i just happened to want to reply.) -jim kuemmerle, who thinks a twelve-step program to induct tmbg addiction is a much happier idea j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ From: Matt Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 21:08:55 EST5 Message-ID: Subject: Re: TMBG: bad person Well your not the only one that this has happened to, I traded with Doug Haas, He said he would send ASAP, he never did, but he did have the nerve to e-mailing me to say that he recieved my tapes. Great guy eh ? -M ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3431D292.CE4@ix.netcom.com> Date: Wed, 01 Oct 1997 00:33:22 -0400 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: wekbuh (WECB) Subject: TMBG: The first step is admitting that you have a problem Hello everyone! First of all, I'd like to join the rest of the known universe in saying hi to Tara, our resident electric bagpipe player. Whoo-hoo for playing an odd instrument!!! People look at me funny sometimes when I tell them I play oboe. Maybe we could all start a listee weird instrument band... this band would never actually practice, nor would we attempt to write any songs. We'd exist "in theory." Ok...maybe not. Lessee...I've been out of it for a while...there's a show (monopuff?) on the 3rd at Brownies, which I won't be make it to New York to see, but oh well. I expect a full report (especially from Rob, if you're going)...this will be on the final. :^) Oh, before I forget... anyone who wants a copy of the Kit Kat Acoustic break, please email me and remind me. I've been up to my ears in work (and it's funny, most of it isn't even schoolwork) lately and I can't remember who wanted what and in what format (remember...I can burn stuff onto cd, but it will take longer to do for various reasons). The same goes for anyone who wanted me to copy the Skeleton Key interview from my radio show. ***QUICK QUIZ**** Exactly how many tmbg fans know/know of Opus Mo? I'm just wondering...he's like the TMBG version of "Where's Waldo?" later everyone! Amanda "Did you see the car rise up in the back?" ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19971001003847.00697708@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Wed, 01 Oct 1997 00:38:47 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: The first step is admitting that you have a problem At 12:33 AM 10/1/97 -0400, you wrote: >Hello everyone! > First of all, I'd like to join the rest of the known universe in >saying hi to Tara, our resident electric bagpipe player. Whoo-hoo for >playing an odd instrument!!! People look at me funny sometimes when I >tell them I play oboe. Maybe we could all start a listee weird >instrument band... this band would never actually practice, nor would we >attempt to write any songs. We'd exist "in theory." Ok...maybe not. I get weird looks when I tell people I play an accordion. Of course, I'm more of an accordion-owner than an accordion-player due to college. Grrrr..... > Oh, before I forget... anyone who wants a copy of the Kit Kat Acoustic >break, please email me and remind me. I've been up to my ears in work >(and it's funny, most of it isn't even schoolwork) lately and I can't >remember who wanted what and in what format (remember...I can burn stuff >onto cd, but it will take longer to do for various reasons). The same >goes for anyone who wanted me to copy the Skeleton Key interview from my >radio show. I would very much like to get the Kit Kat Acoustic Break on CD! :) The very thought has already brightened my day. :) TTYL, -Adam, who's still working on a major CpSc 231 project due in 7 hours and 22 minutes ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 22:43:32 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: The first step is admitting that you have a problem Message-ID: On Wed, 1 Oct 1997, Amanda Nichols wrote: > Whoo-hoo for playing an odd instrument!!! People look at me funny > sometimes when I tell them I play oboe. Maybe we could all start a > listee weird instrument band... this band would never actually practice, > nor would we attempt to write any songs. We'd exist "in theory." count me in! i play piano (not so weird,) percussion (again not so weird,) gaida (really weird, but i haven't touched it yet), and accordion. (for the past week. anybody know any good bands with an accordion? ;) ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-273 ******************************