Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-277 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 277 Sunday, 5 October 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: They pics? Mono Puff 7inch. TMBG: Re: DC show TMBG: Dead lists and non-tmbg stuff.. Re: TMBG: Dead lists and non-tmbg stuff.. Re: TMBG: Dead lists and non-tmbg stuff.. Re: TMBG: IRC Re: TMBG: IRC TMBG: Fingertips - origin? Non-TMBG: This list being dead TMBG: New MP3 site Re: Non-TMBG: This list being dead TMBG: MP3 Site Is UP TMBG: Cousin Update! Re: TMBG: Freud Re: TMBG: Kids Re: TMBG: Freud (none) TMBG: Anglo-Saxon imagery in TMBG songs TMBG: wrinkle in time TMBG: Re: DC show TMBG: Re: your mail TMBG: Fwd: Support Condom Week........hehe Re: Non-TMBG: This list being dead Non-TMBG: The whole drug thing and the "dead" list TMBG: Kit Kat Acoustic Break Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <343427E1.62C1@stlnet.com> Date: Thu, 02 Oct 1997 16:01:53 -0700 From: Pat Acquisto Subject: TMBG: They pics? Mono Puff 7inch. I have two questions for the list. Does anyone have websites with pictures that include The Stick, The Puppet Heads, the confetti canon, or any other gimmicky thing on stage? Is anyone still interested in the Devil Went Down to Newport/Sister Puff's Pretty Fly 7inch? I'm willing to sell it to the highest bidder. Please e-mail me. nick ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 03:48:40 -0400 From: "Todd Dayton" Message-ID: <614sek$b8s@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: TMBG: Re: DC show Tickets were still available yesterday (10/2/97), so I would assume you can still get them. Call ProTix at (703)218-6500. $20 a pop tails wrote in message ... >Does anyone know if there are any tickets left for the Washington DC show >and a number where I can purchase them? > >thanks, > ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 04:10:11 -0400 (EDT) From: Beth Connell Subject: TMBG: Dead lists and non-tmbg stuff.. Message-ID: Well, I also think that a large reason why the list is currently 'dead' (which, IMHO, it's not, cause there's still enough messages to generate a digest for me every day..So I think it's just resting. :) ) is because we /are/ waiting for the next album to come out. I've been semi-lurking on this list for a long, long time now, and I noticed the list getting slow in between JH and FS. There's only so much one can discuss interps of songs before people just decide to give it a rest for a while. :) That being said, I must add that I don't mind the NON-TMBG stuff, as long as it doesn't get to a ridiculous point (like when there's 5 digests in a row where 80% of the messages are about another band that isn't related to They in any way, shape or form). As someone (Jim K?) said, we're trying to determine for ourselves the fundementally interconnectedness of They to everything. (Speaking of Dirk Gently, where /did/ Istick those books..?) *plink* *plink* Oh, something else Iwas pondering: on the occasions when I IRC, I usually use dalnet. I haven't noticed a TMBG channel on there. Is there one, or is it just on undernet? Beth -<*>- http://www.cgicafe.com/~soulfire | "I want to raise my freak flag higher and higher..." -TMBG | "Rock Climbing, Joel. Rock Climbing." -Tom Servo, MST3K | "I love humans. Always seeing patterns in things that aren't there." -Dr. Who (8th Doctor) | Odangos, anyone? -<*>- ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 08:59:32 -0400 (EDT) From: "Eric Webber (EIN tech)" Subject: Re: TMBG: Dead lists and non-tmbg stuff.. Message-Id: I don't know about all this. But having just come back to the list after a seven month break (not voluntary), the first thing I thought to myself was 'What happened?' I used to get thirty messages a day, now I get maybe ten. I also used to post or reply to something at least once a day. I've been back reading the list for a month now, and this was the first time I felt like there was something worth replying to. Not that everyone's been posting stupid stuff, it just seemed very irrelevent to me (sorry, if anyone finds that rude.) I haven't seen a good fight break out yet 8-]. As for it just being a lull between albums, well, I never recall it being this slow. I have hope though - I know TMBG fans, and everybody (myself included) will eventually come around. I will certainly take it upon myself to try and come up with some good posts and if people yell at me for it, like Ryan said would happen, so much the better (I'm up for a good debate.) Oh, to respond to some of the recent posts - I don't know any sources for mp3's, don't expect to be attending any shows soon (TMBG or Mono Puff), and if you want bands with accordion, there's about a bazillion polka bands out there and some of 'em can really rock. Take it easy, Wubba * ---------------------------------- Eric Webber EIN Technician 412.622.1944 webbere@clpgh.org http://www.clpgh.org/~webbere ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199710041554.IAA05031@geocities.com> From: "eerttraw" Subject: Re: TMBG: Dead lists and non-tmbg stuff.. Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 08:59:11 -0800 The _GOOD_ one is on EFNET -----Original Message----- From: Beth Connell To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Saturday, October 04, 1997 12:11 AM Subject: TMBG: Dead lists and non-tmbg stuff.. > >Well, I also think that a large reason why the list is currently 'dead' >(which, IMHO, it's not, cause there's still enough messages to generate a >digest for me every day..So I think it's just resting. :) ) is because we >/are/ waiting for the next album to come out. I've been semi-lurking on >this list for a long, long time now, and I noticed the list getting slow >in between JH and FS. There's only so much one can discuss interps of >songs before people just decide to give it a rest for a while. :) >That being said, I must add that I don't mind the NON-TMBG stuff, as long >as it doesn't get to a ridiculous point (like when there's 5 digests in a >row where 80% of the messages are about another band that isn't related to >They in any way, shape or form). As someone (Jim K?) said, we're trying to >determine for ourselves the fundementally interconnectedness of They to >everything. (Speaking of Dirk Gently, where /did/ Istick those books..?) >*plink* *plink* > >Oh, something else Iwas pondering: on the occasions when I IRC, I usually >use dalnet. I haven't noticed a TMBG channel on there. Is there one, or is >it just on undernet? >Beth > >-<*>- http://www.cgicafe.com/~soulfire | "I want to raise my freak flag >higher and higher..." -TMBG | "Rock Climbing, Joel. Rock Climbing." >-Tom Servo, MST3K | "I love humans. Always seeing patterns in things that >aren't there." -Dr. Who (8th Doctor) | Odangos, anyone? -<*>- > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199710041700.MAA18686@csrlink.net> Date: Sat, 04 Oct 1997 12:07:43 -0400 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: Re: TMBG: IRC At 08:59 AM 1/3/97 -0800, you wrote: > The _GOOD_ one is on EFNET > No, no, no the good one is on The Undernet. And watch that replying to posts and quoting the entire un-releated content of the post and then having un-releated topics. We might have to sic Undernet Boy on you. But really, Undernet rules. Flipper1-who is blatenly trying to pick a fight -Dylan "Brooklyn's Third Ambassador of Love" Flipse dflipse@csrlink.net - http://www.geocities.com/Athens/9909/ - "My goal in life is to score a 100 on my SATs."-Dylan My life's just all one big inside joke. ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 12:16:22 -0400 (EDT) From: Elitza Subject: Re: TMBG: IRC Message-ID: Flipper, we might have to put a price on your head for that one.... No, honestly folks. I've never been to the undernet channel, but the folks on EFnet are almost all completely cool. Do it, man. You'll be cool if you do. It's no big deal. Everybody's doing it. (Plus, chat really enhances your typing skills. Believe me.) I'm there not as much as I used to be, but still quite often (usually late afternoon to evenings EST). Come join us!!! Elitza Nicolaou can be reached at or Visit her (please!) at http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Quad/1317/ "Just mind your p's and q's buster, and remember who you're dealing with." -"Ferris Bueller's Day Off" > No, no, no the good one is on The Undernet. And watch that replying to posts > and quoting the entire un-releated content of the post and then having > un-releated topics. We might have to sic Undernet Boy on you. But really, > Undernet rules. > > Flipper1-who is blatenly trying to pick a fight > No kidding.... :) > -Dylan "Brooklyn's Third Ambassador of Love" Flipse > dflipse@csrlink.net - http://www.geocities.com/Athens/9909/ - > "My goal in life is to score a 100 on my SATs."-Dylan > My life's just all one big inside joke. > > ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 10:58:51 -0600 Subject: TMBG: Fingertips - origin? Message-ID: <19971004.110639.11886.3.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) > Early on, TMBG's aim was to "take all the crap" out of >music, by just giving you the exciting essence of what made up a song. funny, reminds me of a little band called the Ramones > i.e. one is about >repetitive Top 40 songs, the other about watching music compilations >commercials yep! =) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 11:06:22 -0600 Subject: Non-TMBG: This list being dead Message-ID: <19971004.110639.11886.5.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) >Besides that, we're all waiting for the new album to come out. :) It will >pick up a bit then hahaaa, remember when everyone was saying, "the list will pick up when they get back on tour..." >myself, the first thing that i noticed >that impressed me was the MIGHT BE on the cover of flood. you never saw the movie "they might be giants" did you? go rent it... might help explain the "they MIGHT BE giants" action happenning on the covers take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 12:15:08 -0500 (CDT) From: Brandon Callison Subject: TMBG: New MP3 site Message-ID: Hey everyone. I have the whole collection of MP3s which were up on the previous site, and I'll try to get some more. I have about 23GB of disk space for my use. I'll have the MP3 site on the web sometime soon, within the next week. Courtesy of MFA (http://www.the-b.org) In fact, I'll start setting it up now and I'll tell you all when I get it done. Brandon Callison ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 12:03:05 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: This list being dead Message-ID: On Sat, 4 Oct 1997, JOda: Master of Yedi wrote: > hahaaa, remember when everyone was saying, "the list will pick up when > they get back on tour..." well, there has been a lot of posting of the sort 'who's going to this concert? where's this concert at? etc.' which is just fine by me, but it's just not terribly exciting or memorable -- so maybe it just *feels* like there have been fewer posts than there actually have been? i dunno. i'm sure if/when They come out to the salt lake area, i will be doing the same thing, so please don't take this as a request to stop doing the concert talk, because it's certainly not. > >myself, the first thing that i noticed that impressed me was the MIGHT > >BE on the cover of flood. > > you never saw the movie "they might be giants" did you? > go rent it... might help explain the "they MIGHT BE giants" action > happenning on the covers *sigh*... no, i still haven't. i rarely have gotten out to rent videos, and when i do, i always forget that there is a movie by the same name, so i've managed (quite by accident, mind you) to never have looked for it. :( -jim kuemmerle, who has no idea what he's missing. j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668 ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 13:15:20 -0500 (CDT) From: Brandon Callison Subject: TMBG: MP3 Site Is UP Message-ID: The address is http://www.the-b.org/~jackyl/mp3. It looks really messy right now, but I only spent like 10 mins setting it up. Brandon ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 13:24:04 -0500 (CDT) From: **Tarnished Silence** Subject: TMBG: Cousin Update! Message-Id: Hello, all! You are all looking at a very happy man. If you remember, my cousin Cassie was diagnosed with bacterial meningitis. Well, I just got off of the phone with my mother and she has informed me that cassie iss now home and feeling well. She has only 2 more shots of antibiotic, and then she will be better. Her mother reports that she is back to her cheerful self, laughing and giggling and grabbing for everything in reach. :) I want to thank you all for your prayers and thoughts during this trying time. I got many responses from the list, and I thank each and every one of you. It just goes to show the power of prayer. And now, to start a thread: Since Freud says that childhood experiences influence what you become, what childhood instances would Flans and Linnell have to experience to become the great band TMBG? Peace, Tarnished Silence 210 ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 14:28:53 -0400 (EDT) From: "Eric Webber (EIN tech)" Subject: Re: TMBG: Freud Message-Id: On Sat, 4 Oct 1997, **Tarnished Silence** wrote: > > And now, to start a thread: Since Freud says that childhood experiences > influence what you become, what childhood instances would Flans and > Linnell have to experience to become the great band TMBG? Not sure but I think it involves seeing naked women playing accordians. (Why naked women? I don't know sounds kind of Freudian to me) Take it easy, Wubba ------------------------------ Message-ID: <343691E6.2383@ix.netcom.com> Date: Sat, 04 Oct 1997 14:58:46 -0400 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: wekbuh (WECB) Subject: Re: TMBG: Kids I'm glad to hear that TS's cousin is doing fine. Kids can be a lot tougher that you'd think! > And now, to start a thread: Since Freud says that childhood experiences > influence what you become, what childhood instances would Flans and > Linnell have to experience to become the great band TMBG? Why do I see a middle school scene where Flans is getting a wedgie and Linnell is getting whacked on the head with a sax case? ...maybe I'm just having flashbacks.... Amanda ------------------------------ From: "Mr. Me" Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 14:08:52 CST Subject: Re: TMBG: Freud Message-ID: <4043FDA05FB@athena.valpo.edu> my two problems with freud are 1, his theories aren't scientifically testable and 2, the majority of his theories have the individual completing all stages of life and having his personality set in stone by about age 18. however, if i were to use my imagination and assume the role of a freudian, i would say that the johns' musical talent was shaped by two stages. the 'taking all the crap out of music and putting the good stuff in' part is definetly a result of some event in the anal stage, perhaps being potty trained to strictly. and their desire to sing obviously comes from the oral stage, not necsesarily a mishap as severe as that in the anal stage however. this 30 second diagnosis of the johns has been brought to you by jeremy skrenes. and btw, if you do support freud and disagree with my statements about him, please email me personally and not the list. jeremy [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] "First I ask myself, 'why am I doing this?' Then I tell myself, 'because I said so.'" --The Muldoons [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] Experience the many media of Jeremy Skrenes! Email: jskrenes@athena.valpo.edu Snail: Web: http://www.valpo.edu/home/student/jskrenes 141 Wehrenberg Airwaves: new sho schedule coming soon Valparaiso, IN 46383 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19971004164125.00690574@pop.kent.edu> Date: Sat, 04 Oct 1997 16:41:25 -0400 From: Hutch O.K. I am still having problems with reality right now, so bear with me. Last night I drank 8 ounces of Robitussin DM and smoked that green stuff. I lost touch with reality completely around 1 or 2 a.m. I sorted through every thought in my mind! It was heaven and hell at the same time. Anyway, this is not a new thing. People have been drinking Robitussin for years. (Just don't drink 8 ounces. Drink 4 or 5.) The drug in it is DXM. It is like being drunk, on LSD, and Morphine (??) at the same time. Here's the TMBG connection: AKA Driver Isn't nyquil a cough syrup??? Could They be reffering to driving under the influence? Not like being under the influence of alcohol or other common drugs, but being messed up from something crazy, weird, and strange... like drinking cough syrup! It seems like something They would sing about. Hey.... Nyquil Driver... It's Nyquil driving time!!! Kinda funny! -David "Around the Pink Corner" Hutch ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19971004142314.0068419c@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Sat, 04 Oct 1997 14:23:22 -0700 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: Anglo-Saxon imagery in TMBG songs Hi 'vryone I'm back, having gently convinced my mutinous computer to work. :) I'm taking Medieval Lit this quarter, and we're currently studying Anglo-Saxon poetry. And in one of those poems ("The Wanderer", I dunno how old it is but ca. 7th-10th cent. is my guess), the protagonist says that (I am not making this up) "he should bind fast his soul's cage". Yes! The Wanderer has a birdcage in his soul! There is only one possible explanation: John Linnell, widely known to be an Immortal, wrote "The Wanderer" as a rough draft of "Birdhouse In Your Soul." Think about it! BIYS went to #6 in the UK, obviously due to some subconscious cultural memory in English people. And "The Wanderer"'s plot is almost exactly (well, sort of), like the plot of "Mister Me"! Comments? Discuss... --nicole the wonder nerd *** "They tore down the garage to make room for the torn-down garage."--They Might Be Giants Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn Public PGP key at http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn/key.html ncarlson@mail.arc.nasa.gov nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: TheyMBG@aol.com Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 17:58:12 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <971004175805_1765853623@emout07.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: wrinkle in time Hey all. I was in regression mode and picked up a childrens like book that I'd heard about but never read (amazingly enough,that's all I really did as a kid) "A Wrinkle in Time". One passage struck me as interesting.. " Charles Wallace, she was quite sure, was not trying to be rude or funny; it was his way of whistling in the dark." Had anyone else heard this phrase before? I thought it was just something that they made up. Learn something new every day. <3 Heather ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3436CCBC.44E8@erols.com> Date: Sat, 04 Oct 1997 19:09:48 -0400 From: Zydell Organization: N/A Subject: TMBG: Re: DC show Is there a group of people from the list getting together for the DC show? My Husband is going to be out of town and I don't want to go alone. Nancy ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 20:08:17 -0500 (EST) From: Ryan Staib Subject: TMBG: Re: your mail Message-ID: On Sat, 4 Oct 1997, Hutch wrote: * Last night I drank 8 ounces of Robitussin DM and smoked that green stuff. What are you trying to tell us here? By green stuff, you mean oregano, right? :P * Isn't nyquil a cough syrup??? * Could They be reffering to driving under the influence? * Not like being under the influence of alcohol or * other common drugs, but being messed up from something crazy, weird, and * strange... like drinking cough syrup! Um, Flans says NyQuil is his "drug of choice." They are talking about slow drivers, who act as if they're under the influence of NyQuil (cause it makes you drowsy). So, he's calling slow drivers NyQuil drivers, which is actually pretty funny. :) I myself thought this was _really_ obvious, but hey. RS ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 21:54:00 -0400 Message-Id: <199710050154.VAA01304@ussodyssey.ufp.org> From: msummers@knights.farmington.k12.mo.us (Mary Summers) Subject: TMBG: Fwd: Support Condom Week........hehe >Return-Path: >Delivered-To: msummers@knights.farmington.k12.mo.us >Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 22:09:52 -0400 (EDT) >From: DontKnow32@aol.com >To: msummers@knights.farmington.k12.mo.us >Subject: Fwd: Support Condom Week........hehe >X-UIDL: 847172fe32dbcdd70cd1150cb720d0c9 > > >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Fwd: Support Condom Week........hehe >Date: 97-10-02 19:51:52 EDT >From: RudeDogg18 >To: Calven6999,BFink835,CORTZ >To: RMorgan127,Nikki205,SAMIR F >To: Safire212,Sweeti4549,Idgie528 >To: BadBoyz718,RLCHEER00,SLICK 50 >To: DontKnow32,Cleo4ever,Bramble21 >To: KBunny01,Shari1001,Jwruncc > >HERE >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Fwd: Support Condom Week........hehe >Date: 97-10-02 19:35:06 EDT >From: JRenee20 >To: ADYSW >CC: AlexElder1,Alysian2u,CASPER345 >CC: CHOMPER618,Hammeh,ITSBIGBABY >CC: KatEyesSee,KForest236,LetsPla222 >CC: Links15,Mayqueen22,MMBOO MAN >CC: PYCOTT,RudeDogg18,SKasel427 >CC: StephenSir,The Lorde,TRANEY0520 >CC: WUTANG 018,YOSHIBC87,Hendrixa >CC: HCLL,Alyse14,Daas711,A21noble >CC: ANDY2727,Comp2030,TODDLUVZU >CC: Billyjo280,Nanie34,Cocoa765 > > >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Fwd: Support Condom Week........hehe >Date: 97-10-01 20:50:08 EDT >From: SpikeAJ >To: JRenee20 > > >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Fwd: Support Condom Week........hehe >Date: 97-09-20 16:46:03 EDT >From: Melieena >To: MUGBUGrulz,HavEm12,User969528 >To: FulOfBS,TraFra13,TGSCUBA >To: RnAEthier,Oliver54,DJx Remedy >To: Sheister13,Kingbeef33,CIGYPN2 >To: Laur412,CurbCat,X1E2N3A4 >To: Prevail000,Les4583,Adam8970 >To: JenClud,ChrisForGS,Okaygirl16 >To: RJHGirl82,Angel1660,Belle1707 >To: Thinkmike,KITTY1223,BarRell44 >To: SVann51530,ERICSCOTT1,BBatson420 >To: Ska boy101,ZZ NICKI,Boston343 >To: LadyLuc523,SpikeAJ,PolyPoc1 >To: DAVIDJUN,KitKa25387 > > >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Fwd: Support Condom Week........hehe >Date: 97-09-09 19:35:52 EDT >From: JNCCCC >To: Melieena >CC: JNCCCC > >thought u would like to read this >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Fwd: Support Condom Week........hehe >Date: 97-09-07 19:53:11 EDT >From: Rascal917 >To: JNCCCC > >hey i thought you would want to read this >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Fwd: Support Condom Week........hehe >Date: 97-09-07 19:46:49 EDT >From: LiL Diaz >To: Rascal917 >CC: CyrasChris,Reginabea,Shortie817 >CC: ted@panacom.com,KenDog0001 >CC: MeG S9000,KNOTBAD18 > > >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Fwd: Support Condom Week........hehe >Date: 97-09-07 19:42:38 EDT >From: Proclaimaa >To: LiL Diaz > > >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Fwd: Support Condom Week........hehe >Date: 97-08-15 13:05:01 EDT >From: Kit kat738 >To: MAK2882,Proclaimaa > > >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Fwd: Support Condom Week........hehe >Date: 97-08-15 12:02:52 EDT >From: MRBOND84 >To: Penguins79,Metal26,Kit kat738 >To: SeanEllen > > >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Support Condom Week........hehe >Date: 97-08-14 19:19:34 EDT >From: LiLVal13 >To: LuvGirl14,FaIRstarta,AAlaniz141 >To: Freakout66,SHARPBOY14,MRBOND84 >To: BandFuse5,Pain444,FlaSkys,Lboy3 >To: Tenfutpile,SpeedSk8ts,LadyLoverB >To: BMAC09,SK8ERGAL11,Cheese rat >To: Mase555,PaPiXRiCo,Surfreaker >To: SurfGal15,Apple4855,CryptoMan5 >To: JELLO02,FRANKIE78 > >this is soooo cute! u gotta pass it on! >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Fwd: Support Condom Week,,,,,,hehe >Date: 97-08-14 17:06:38 EDT >From: Jenco569 >To: Rock116@juno.com,MKB0007,JOEY4201 >To: RORO910,JRRTUC,eggjdr@telsurf.net >To: Handsome8@juno.com >To: anaconda.snakebite@juno.com >To: AAngel14,Acorn97,Alien25202 >To: BENZOIDD,BOBB1NS,Boolie81 >To: Bridget601,CCyclone,CM6000 >To: ComBustble,Cope29St,Coriglori >To: DEX83,Dreams3297,Fissymoley >To: FLA SPICE,Funkalunk,Funkycsk >To: GroovYak,GroovyamI,HAIL667 >To: HORN ONE,Hugkiss143,JamieD214 >To: JCooley379,JEN5367,Jewels919 >To: JPPLY,JUDITH5733,Jupiter401 >To: KatrinaEP,Kayla 1694,KCCULV >To: KRalls3492,Kute1,Levittgirl >To: LiLVal13,Nikiiz13,PigTails17 >To: PlanoKat33,PlAyEtE143,Portsuk >To: Rain588,ReesePeece,Rozy14 >To: Seafood122,Soleil5398,SuperSonia >To: Sweeti6757,THE C CREW,Tmpt8tion >To: Tripod84,TWORUSA,Old8006530 > > >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Support Condom Week,,,,,,hehe >Date: 97-08-10 17:49:25 EDT >From: SUm10seXy >To: JAS7732,WE812MANY,LuminaLTZ >To: QuaqAttaq,OhSoGreat,CessiliaXO >To: CyberTriks,Thphone602,JOKER3297 >To: LicmyToe,Cccurry569,WhatAJoke1 >To: Gap69,S3SPE,Jenco569,Nasachuck >To: Q78,nickel@digital.net >To: gleue@digital.net >To: dxbc10b@prodigy.com >To: goatboy@palmnet.com,Sjrud,BMW840C >To: SNIPER1116,MaRciS BoY,TOLENT >To: DMPJC,POOKS419,Von gregor >To: GroundZpub > >i thought that yall would enjoy this! hehe,, > ~~marci~~ >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Fwd: Support Condom Week- READ it! (hilarious) THIS IS THE BEAT >DON'T ERASE IT >Date: 97-08-10 17:03:45 EDT >From: Beanboy520 >To: Mjfroehle,FEMME23FL,Cz93pan >To: HORN ONE,TOOKIE2635,Smiles976 >To: Cccurry569,ASotoBABE,Angy931 >To: BrandE143,SMM grl,SUm10seXy >To: Libbybean,LilBrat2 > > >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Fwd: Support Condom Week- READ it! (hilarious) THIS IS THE BEAT >DON'T ERASE IT >Date: 97-08-08 00:05:46 EDT >From: Inkapaul >To: Gr40hppr,SPEEDY7907,Much2fst4u >To: Beanboy520,RockBowen,PopeVach >To: DBarnes215,seth@sover.net >To: PFCLANDIS,Spdluvr > > >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Fwd: Support Condom Week- READ it! (hilarious) THIS IS THE BEAT >DON'T ERASE IT >Date: 97-08-07 18:05:56 EDT >From: WnnaBACwby >To: MSRAM,Chris12971,Lilcountre >To: Jessi 436,PIGLET7070,JON POLO >To: CinnyRee,Bettylu2,AR Kitten >To: Cometkmc,Chefcherry,ChicNikki >To: Dimndgirl1,Freknasti1,FlyGirl67 >To: Flychick77,GatorFlag,Inkapaul >To: Jen T Bird,Knightgrl,KMracek745 >To: Krstenrae0,NBR1GTRGRL,PuckChic69 >To: PurCntry02,SasyGirl2,SMann25703 >To: Smiley 998,SMM grl,SueJenMel >To: SUNFLOWRJM,JoFran18,JenFran11 >To: WuzSof5,FSUMath >To: egc02834@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu >To: Heathrmary >To: bwergeles@student.schoolofvisualarts.edu > > >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Fwd: Support Condom Week- READ it! (hilarious) THIS IS THE BEAT >DON'T ERASE IT >Date: 97-08-07 17:07:15 EDT >From: Anywayzgrl >To: LGalvan827,Riddlebx90,FlagChc >To: Apsusie,ExoticEvil,JetBoat6 >To: DaGatorGal,Careyd999,DiAJET >To: BeBe x2,JelliGrl,KrnlofKORN >To: JRPUNGO,SuPaFlyChK,Deftone81 >To: XKoRnRuLeS,BeachViper,FTBLGuy99 >To: Krupted1,WnnaBACwby,LUCKYHANDZ >To: Kissstin,BD CROSS,RTWerks97 >To: ERosales,MeesturBen,Countryldy >To: TUNESWEPT,Bigbang12,Cannon7017 >To: Rich268,BABZ2415,TexaSassy >To: MButler550,DODGEM7,JizNim >To: KatAlone > > >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Fwd: Support Condom Week- READ it! (hilarious) THIS IS THE BEAT >DON'T ERASE IT >Date: 97-08-07 01:07:42 EDT >From: SKY BABI >To: Cash1284,Anywayzgrl,SonicBabe4 >To: Juan679859,Girlphren,OXYGEN08 >To: BBKSR,N2THEPAC,Player4075 >To: Genny0116,Neil Neil > > >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Fwd: Support Condom Week- READ it! (hilarious) THIS IS THE BEAT >DON'T ERASE IT >Date: 97-08-07 00:59:03 EDT >From: KERR 2000 >To: DGC37,Speeder233,LilDesl,Diggdy69 >To: Outkast ET,ERIKA325,Berme,Leo 435 >To: Vizion76,KEYANNE167,GotaLuvMe8 >To: BruceG81,SKY BABI,Smith9660 >To: Simsister,KatyLA14 > > >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Fwd: Support Condom Week- READ it! (hilarious) THIS IS THE BEAT >DON'T ERASE IT >Date: 97-08-06 06:33:56 EDT >From: MnMs456 >To: KERR 2000 > > >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Fwd: Support Condom Week- READ it! (hilarious) THIS IS THE BEAT >DON'T ERASE IT >Date: 97-08-06 00:58:27 EDT >From: Area51 513 >To: Rosejean2,JAGMAR2,Gdelmas123 >To: KANGA50,Luna99,Hemeola,Kimberlybk >To: MilesDvis3,Ceesnflowr,St8ofN8ure >To: RosarymF,IcarusBurn,Apathasia >To: Davidsiegl,Dilacerate,Urlicht2 >To: TychoBrahh,PARK8105,OKeeffe100 >To: SIMPLEgrrl,AV8R Jim,Johnbick >To: Daemnchyld,HostShades,GoBC97 >To: Duke hzrd,Moth618,KTPM1366 >To: Breezzy,Emulero,MnMs456,Dajoci >To: Hojmg222,WAYLESSFUN,Lere98 >To: RWilli1051,GJHqltr,Wise 2 > > >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Fwd: Support Condom Week- READ it! (hilarious) THIS IS THE BEAT >DON'T ERASE IT >Date: 97-08-05 02:42:44 EDT >From: Chikababe >To: alison@netusa1.net,IceMn78776,Logz >To: Smooth5969,FoAlterMus,NrVnaBUSH >To: TimeGamble,BDYBRDR82,DrZeroCool >To: Puffy77777,ZzStUsSyzZ,Ice Man822 >To: NEWB DOG,DBuck530,JSHUTCH3 >To: QUICKY420,Snoopd78,Area51 513 >To: DAV 4850,DRAGONSLVR,SEANDEFLIN >To: UNC9,Nirvan5003,Kabistan >To: Scud144462 >To: alexbuell@tahallah.demon.co.uk >To: pokey@plex.nl,emelloul@pdq.net >To: crabb@epix.net,dmaaske@execpc.com >To: Beuty4Ashs,XO Crystal,NoFear8000 >To: Booga0297,Hrtsapdbox,KWaZYBoYZ > >Here ya go! Enjoy =) >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Fwd: Support Condom Week- READ it! (hilarious) THIS IS THE BEAT >DON'T ERASE IT >Date: 97-08-05 02:19:51 EDT >From: Viper5182 >To: Chikababe > >have you ever seen th >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Fwd: Support Condom Week- READ it! (hilarious) THIS IS THE BEAT >DON'T ERASE IT >Date: 97-08-04 18:01:11 EDT >From: KEMPER333 >To: THXman1,Viper5182,MCshsfb65 >To: DUress2500,cyberdan@wwwa.com >To: Damn14,FROGLY420,Girly067,TealBoy >To: LZ Bear 52,Kabistan,Teeaboo16 >To: Alexischam,ENB16,Softball60 >To: NoDout57,BNOTLOK,SunShinR,KE5000 >To: JsSeXyFrOg,Desi Deeva,Sntr Coz >To: CSMOKRAMER,DON COZZI,MST1000 >To: Romeo4U 82 > > >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Fwd: Support Condom Week- READ it! (hilarious) THIS IS THE BEAT >DON'T ERASE IT >Date: 97-08-04 17:07:10 EDT >From: Unity72 >To: Jorak,Sntr Coz,JHOBOKENM >To: KEMPER333,SbrbnRdby > > >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Fwd: Support Condom Week- READ it! (hilarious) THIS IS THE BEAT >DON'T ERASE IT >Date: 97-08-04 16:04:47 EDT >From: MANSONx311 >To: Unity72,MeadMemo,IrishJeni >To: Manson969,X KoRn69 X,ElvisHolly > >some funny shit right here >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Fwd: Support Condom Week- READ it! (hilarious) THIS IS THE BEAT >DON'T ERASE IT >Date: 97-08-04 12:08:08 EDT >From: WaX KiLLa >To: MANSONx311 > >read it >--------------------- >Forwarded message: >Subj: Fwd: Support Condom Week- READ it! (hilarious) THIS IS THE BEAT >DON'T ERASE IT >Date: 97-08-03 02:47:46 EDT >From: OJ200 >To: CyberBob20,APBAZ,AIRWOLF133 >To: Be quiet19,Braatt07,Budboy7654 >To: Cool K 57,EE 13,GConger300 >To: Grappler82,Hackeysac6,MARINES117 >To: Mistyboy16,PANTERA103,PepeLaPu99 >To: SJ 007Jr,Skimmer 25,Stinger608 >To: SXETom1134,The Flurry,User662825 >To: WOOCH69,Adolph4147,BCaffey630 >To: Censorious,CoolCat013,DOCBRONZE >To: J Dub723,Junior9727,Mouserduz >To: MrSpamer 1,MyTh127,PSelfc >To: THOMASS3RD,TIMESSIX,Vixen1028 >To: WaX KiLLa,Dfio,Dr 388,ERICMAN 18 >To: FEAR1314,HBrando254,HuskerJRG >To: JKeller192,KLIP5,KMWRIGHT7 >To: KNIGHT 157,Minpin6,MKYIII >To: PSY V4MP,SABRE600,SBowler600 >To: TcPxSkAtA,Truckr309,WarrenG766 >To: Zeus724166,BBCHAPS,RachBug232 >To: AC1D Burne,Bluedog68,C32Ford >To: CDavid1047,Chomps21,CM FISH97 >To: Dr9110,Dreamer598,Jaguare555 >To: JNCObabe69,MJ303,MRSOMETIME >To: QTPie71297,SINGSGR8,Squirt6969 >To: Swirlee,THE BOM995,THE GUY187 >To: Base 101,DEXTRS LAB,FuNGiiHaCk >To: FunkySk8er,Glo187,Handym6969 >To: Hawk378,Hoser1 75,JQ20,Kavora69 >To: LDani34930,Lms1053907,MarcieC22 >To: MAXelCHAMP,MIB CHZ,Phantom qo >To: TWNT1TWLV,XxXmmXxX97,ABomb710 >To: Acerboy771,BrianC80,CYCLOPSWOM >To: Dizz5,Emperor153,Gardenaza >To: JRFLUF6784,Kirtap99,Kithan Kan >To: Ncrocnibal,Ozz4prez,Pmgstocks >To: RAPTOR9750,Ribbed4hr > > oo$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$o > oo$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$o. > > o$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$o > > o$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$o > > o$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$ > $$$$$$$$$$o > $$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$ > $$$$$$$$$$$$ > $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ > > $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ > > o$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ > > $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ > > $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$" "$$$ > > $$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ o$$$ > > "$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$ > > $$$o "$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ o$$$ > > "$$$o """$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$"$$" > $$ > $$$$o "$$""$$$$$$$$$$""""""" > o$$$ > "$$$$o oo > o$$$$ > "$$$$$o o$$$$$$o"$$$$o > o$$$" > "$$$$$$oo ""$$$$o$$$$$o o$$$$"" > > ""$$$$$oooo "$$$o$$$$$$$$$$$""" > > ""$$$$$$$oo $$$$$$$$$$$ > > """""""$$$$$$$$$$$$ > > $$$$$$$$$$ > > $$$$$$$$ > > > Have a nice day! > > > > > > > LIST OF POSSIBLE SLOGANS > > PROMOTING NATIONAL CONDOM WEEK > > > > > > 1. COVER YOUR STUMP BEFORE U HUMP > > 2. BEFORE U ATTACK HER, WRAP YR WHACKER > > 3. DON'T BE SILLY, PROTECT YR WILLY > > 4. WHEN IN DOUBT, SHROUD YR SPOUT > > 5. DON'T BE A LONER, COVER YR BONER > > 6. YOU CANT GO WRONG IF U SHIELD YR DONG > > 7. IF YOU'RE NOT GOIN TO SACK IT, GO HOME AND WHACK IT. > > 8. IF U THINK SHE'S SPUNKY COVER YR MONKEY > > 9. IF U SLIP BETWEEN HER THIGHS, BE SURE TO CONDOMIZE > > 10. IT WILL BE SWEETER IF U WRAP YR PETER > > 11. SHE WONT GET SICK IF U WRAP YR DICK > > 12. IF U GO IN TO HEAT, PACKAGE YR MEAT > > 13. WHILE YR UNDRESSING VENUS, DRESS UP YR PENIS > > 14. WHEN U TAKE OFF HER PANTS AND BLOUSE, SLIP UP YR TROUSER MOUSE > > 15. ESPECIALLY IN DECEMBER, GIFT WRAP YR MEMBER > > 16. NEVER,NEVER DECK HER WITH AN UNWRAPPED PECKER > > 17. DONT BE A FOOL, VULCANIZE YR TOOL > > 18. THE RIGHT SELECTION WILL PROTECT YR ERECTION > > 19. WRAP IT IN FOIL BEFORE CHECKING HER OIL > > 20. A CRANK WITH ARMOR WILL NEVER HARM HER > > 21. NO GLOVE, NO LOVE! > > _______________________________________________ > > > > > > YOU WILL EXPERIENCE GREAT SEX > > > > WITHIN FOUR DAYS OF RECIEVING THIS LETTER, PROVIDEED U SEND IT ON. > >since > >the > >copy must tour the world, u must make ten copies and send them to > >others. > > this is no joke. send no money. send copies to people who need to > >get > >laid > > within 96 hours > > > > You have been selected to receive this letter because the person > >who > >sent > >this to you either thinks you need good luck or they want to send > >the > >curse > >of this letter on to you. > > > > IF YOU SEND THIS TO > > > > 0 people, your life will be a living hell > > 1-3 people, your next relationship will be fun but won't > >last > > long > > 4-6 people, someone will get a crush on you > > 7-10 people, you will get a date for friday night > > 11-14 people, you will get a date for the next school > >dance > > 15-18 people, your crush will ask for your number > > 19-24 people, you will meet the person of your dreams > > 25-29 people, your crush will ask you out > > 30-34 people, your next relationship will last long and be > >good > > 35-37 people, you will live long enough and have a good > >life > >and > > get lots of sex > > > > You must send this in 1 day after reading it. If you do not send > >this to > >anyone your life will be a living hell. The more people you send > >this > >letter > >to the more luck you will have > > ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 21:03:50 -0700 (PDT) From: leonard helfgott Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: This list being dead Message-Id: I'm sorry for telling you to shut up, but you posted a message what's sole purpose was shutting all of the people up who were talking about doob's diatribe, and I didn't agree with you, so i promise that I won't shut you up if you post something. Jon Helfgott Noj Toggfleh ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34371CCA.6AF9@ix.netcom.com> Date: Sun, 05 Oct 1997 00:51:22 -0400 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: wekbuh (WECB) Subject: Non-TMBG: The whole drug thing and the "dead" list Hey everyone--- I have been keeping away from both of these topics since their inception, but now I feel the need to speak up. On the list being "dead," I suggest that folks check out the archives. You'll find that, just like any other forms of conversation, there are periodic lulls. It's not like we're all electronically standing around, looking at each other and saying, "so." There just seems to be more personal, off-list communication going on. That's part of the reason this was set up, right? So we can meet new people? Just like in the normal world, you don't always address a whole group when you just want to ask one person for their phone number. On to the drug thing... we all have our personal views on the morality of using chemicals to enhance our lives. I personally have seen many bright, fun, wonderful human beings lose their grip on reality and become sorry wrecks because of excessive drug use. Many of these things were as common as cough syrup or as elusive as acid. It's ultimately a personal choice as to whether or not you do these things, but it's the consequences of your actions that must be put into account. I know that sounds all preachy, "don't do drugs" kind of thing, but it's not. Just please, please, don't go looking for drug references in TMBG. Yeah, they make reference to Advil and NyQuil, but it's not meant to tell their fans: "Hey, this song will sound sooo much better if you do tons of this brand drug." I'm sorry if I see nothing cool about getting high or getting trashed. I have better things to do with my time, personally, and people think I'm strange enough, anyway. Also, don't think that I hate you personally if you do these things (or have in the past). This is just my opinion, and like I said, it's your choice. I don't think any less of anyone who did or does do these things (wow, aliteration). And that, ladies and gents, is my rant for the night. Unrelated...anyone who wanted the kit kat thing before and doesn't want it on cassette, please email me off of the list and let me know. g'night all, Amanda "What's the point? There is no point." ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19971005005828.0069a464@130.127.28.14> Date: Sun, 05 Oct 1997 00:58:28 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Kit Kat Acoustic Break For people looking for the Kit Kat Acoustic Break featuring TMBG...I'd recommend using Yahoo! and getting the e-mail addresses for a bunch of college radio stations. I e-mailed a few in hope of getting one, and I found one that was awesome enough to mail me the CD for free!!! TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-277 ******************************