Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-28 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 28 Wednesday, 29 January 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Non TMBG (swing) and genres Re: TMBG: voices? TMBG: Cartoon Planet Re: TMBG: Cartoon Planet Re: TMBG: I Can('t) Hear freaksicle.. Re: TMBG: voices? TMBG: DAS broken? TMBG: Fwd: yo' mail Re: TMBG: Re: "Last Irving Plaza show" TMBG: Re: Cartoon Planet and Guitar Sounds re: My weirdest TMBG: dream yet; re: cartoon planet TMBG: MouseWorld, modified TMBG: Tribute comic? TMBG: CD Auction of sorts Re: TMBG: Re: palindromes Re: TMBG: Assorted Observations for the TMBG Die-Hard TMBG: White Boy Non-TMBG: My Thoughts/Rantings / Linnell's writing. TMBG: SimAnalysis TMBG: Re: SimAnalysis Re: TMBG: Cartoon Planet TMBG: final notice Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 03:00:41 -0500 From: Derek Keevil Message-ID: <32EDB229.4CDD@haverford.edu> Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: Re: TMBG: Non TMBG (swing) and genres NitpickR@aol.com wrote: > Non TMBG (swing)- I recently read an interview with The Millionaire of > Combustable Edison, a really cool band, about this new swing thing. > According to him, it's about time for people to start getting back into it. > I also belive the term they use is: "Space Age Bachelor Pad Music" which I > thik is *very* cool. I'm new to this mailing list, but thought I'd try it out, as the waters in alt.music.tmbg sometimes get a bit harsh. I couldn't pass up this reference: There's a great band from Oregon called the Daddies who's current label is "Space Age Bachelor Pad Records," and their latest album has a great song on it called Millionaire. Interesting connection! The Daddies have always described themselves as a cross between Big Band Swing and Punk music. Personally, I don't think that does them justice. Punk music is horrible stuff (IMHO), and the Daddies are great. I've always been partial to the extended horn soli's they have. I don't usually think of them as a great crossover for TYMBG but their music is often not unlike "Sleeping in the Flowers" though lyrics tend to run on the more explicitly darker side. Check out the web page: http://www.bitech.com/daddies - Derek -- Derek Keevil The World Famous Hat Sharpener - SharpHat@tmbg.org _ _ ___ _____ ____ _ _ _____ ____ Visit T | |_| | / ||_ _| | __|| |_| || _ || _ | The Hat H | _ | / _ | | | |__ || _ || |_| || __| Sharpening E |_| |_|/_/ |_| |_| |____||_| |_||_____||_| Shop! http://www.students.haverford.edu/dkeevil/ "I would probably be the reincarnation of Mother Teresa except that she's still alive." - Dame Edna Everage ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 00:55:27 -0800 (PST) From: Cory Calhoun Subject: Re: TMBG: voices? Message-Id: I do believe it is John Linnell who's the intro man on "I Can Hear You". Listen very closely and you can almost hear him see "...made at the Edison LabrotARy." Maybe it's just me. Cory ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 07:09:37 -0500 Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970127070821.23b7233a@mail.one.net> From: Goat Boy Subject: TMBG: Cartoon Planet > Didnt TMBG do the music at the end of Cartoon Planet? I think so, I > remember watching the funky stupid guy in the Space Ghost outfit dancing > around and I heard the music and thought..."Man, that sounds like something > TMBG would do!" and then it said something like this in the credits "Music > by They Might be Giants...They're cool" or something, been awhile since I > seen it. Yes they did. Says right there in the credits: "Music by They Might Be Giants." The opening song is "No One Knows My Plan" and the closing song is the fast paced section of "End of the Tour" ("Never to part since the day we met"). Bith are instrumental versions. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Chris Combs a.k.a. Piglet Goatboy formerly@assassinate -={MPFT}=- -={CAS}=- -={OINK!}=- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 07:50:24 -0500 (EST) From: Tom Hare Subject: Re: TMBG: Cartoon Planet Message-ID: Not anymore. The new music is just some random crap that's, well, crappy. And the end is Brak going "Lalalaldadadeda lalalala lalala" etc. * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, Goat Boy wrote: > > Didnt TMBG do the music at the end of Cartoon Planet? I think so, I > > remember watching the funky stupid guy in the Space Ghost outfit dancing > > around and I heard the music and thought..."Man, that sounds like something > > TMBG would do!" and then it said something like this in the credits "Music > > by They Might be Giants...They're cool" or something, been awhile since I > > seen it. > > Yes they did. Says right there in the credits: "Music by They Might Be > Giants." The opening song is "No One Knows My Plan" and the closing song is > the fast paced section of "End of the Tour" ("Never to part since the day we > met"). Bith are instrumental versions. > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ > Chris Combs a.k.a. Piglet Goatboy formerly@assassinate > -={MPFT}=- -={CAS}=- -={OINK!}=- > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ > > ------------------------------ Date: 28 Jan 1997 16:06:10 -0000 Message-ID: <19970128160610.17315.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Anastasia Hunt" Subject: Re: TMBG: I Can('t) Hear freaksicle.. >From owner-tmbg-list@ussodyssey.ufp.org Mon Jan 27 20:10:53 1997 >Received: (root@localhost) by ussodyssey.ufp.org (8.8.2/8.7.ufp) id XAA01603 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Mon, 27 Jan 1997 23:03:08 -0500 >From: KdsInThHal@aol.com >Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 23:02:34 -0500 >Message-ID: <970127230234_581236861@emout02.mail.aol.com> >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: I Can('t) Hear freaksicle.. >Sender: owner-tmbg-list@ussodyssey.ufp.org >Precedence: bulk >Reply-To: KdsInThHal@aol.com >>Speaking of which, whose voice says the spoken intro for I >>Can Hear You? Once again, it doesn't sound like either John. > >I've always seemed to think it's mista john flansburgh. > >>Be looking for _Factory Showroom II: Back To Hell_ soon. >>(It's a joke they say in the interview.) > >** > >sarah :) >TMBGer #45127 >linnellgirl@tmbg.org >http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal > >---#@!~:207.82.250.119:d0: **Hee hee..... That would be Superdelayed F*@$sicle, right? ;)** Love the quote. CAn I use it? mouse *********************************** Another annoying message * "Could you guys please quit * from * playing 'Pass the Dude'? * Saint Ana the Suave * You're making our drummer * Productions * nervous." John Linnell * (Anastasia Eve Hunt) **************************** ( My real name- I promise!) * --------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: 28 Jan 1997 16:12:27 -0000 Message-ID: <19970128161227.19398.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Anastasia Hunt" Subject: Re: TMBG: voices? >From owner-tmbg-list@ussodyssey.ufp.org Tue Jan 28 01:03:57 1997 >Received: (root@localhost) by ussodyssey.ufp.org (8.8.2/8.7.ufp) id DAA06789 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 28 Jan 1997 03:55:47 -0500 >Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 00:55:27 -0800 (PST) >From: Cory Calhoun >To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: voices? >In-Reply-To: <199701280704.CAA03913@ussodyssey.ufp.org> >Message-Id: >Mime-Version: 1.0 >Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII >Sender: owner-tmbg-list@ussodyssey.ufp.org >Precedence: bulk >Reply-To: Cory Calhoun >I do believe it is John Linnell who's the intro man on "I Can Hear You". >Listen very closely and you can almost hear him see "...made at the >Edison LabrotARy." Maybe it's just me. >Cory I risk staring a minor war here, so y'all can flame me as much as you like. I think it is Flansburgh speaking the intro, so there. mouse *********************************** Another annoying message * "Could you guys please quit * from * playing 'Pass the Dude'? * Saint Ana the Suave * You're making our drummer * Productions * nervous." John Linnell * (Anastasia Eve Hunt) **************************** ( My real name- I promise!) * --------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19970128175049.006ab974@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 09:50:49 -0800 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: DAS broken? > I say cartoony because it always reminds me of the crazy music at >the end of Cartoon Planet. There's a reason for that-- it's Their music. Notice how the theme song to Cartoon Planet is an instrumental version of No One Knows My Plan. (Anyway, it was last time I saw the show, which was admittedly ages ago. (I don't have cable TV here in college.)) Ogle the end credits and you'll see something like "They Might Be Giants make beautiful music." (Unless I'm mistaken, Their music is also featured in SGC2C, the show from which Cartoon Planet was spun off.) On another note (tee hee): It recently dawned on me that, now that I'm in college, nobody is seeing my phone bills except me. Ergo, I can now call DAS and not get lectures from my parents. But something's wrong-- whenever I try to call, it's either busy or it just keeps ringing forever. Does anybody know what's up? Would anybody going to the Irving Plaza shows be willing to trade me boots of one or more of the shows? I'd also like a copy of PODAS or Free When You Call From Work. I've got stuff to trade. E-mail me privately. --nicole the wonder nerd *** "We're the vice-principals of rock!" --John Flansburgh, of They Might Be Giants Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org nnicole@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 13:25:12 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970128131359_1047237499@emout15.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Fwd: yo' mail Ha ha! Rolling on the floor laughing... *HERE'S* if it was really tremendously rap... sarah :) TMBGer# 45127 linnellgirl@tmbg.org http//members.aol.com/kdsinthhal --------------------- Forwarded message: From: jive@ifi.unizh.ch Sender: pp@ifi.unizh.ch Reply-to: jive@ifi.unizh.ch To: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: 97-01-28 01:14:53 EST Received, dig dis: fum emout16.mx.aol.com by josef. Peace.ifi. Ya' know?unizh.ch wid SMTP (PP) id <07457-0@josef. Peace.ifi. Ya' know?unizh.ch>; Tue, 28 Jan 1997 07:13:18 +0100 Received, dig dis: (from root@localhost) by emout16.mail.aol.com (8.7.6/8.7.3/AOL-2.0.0) id RAA21924 fo' JIBE@ifi. Ya' know?unizh.ch; Mon, 27 Jan 1997 17:09:48 -0500 (EST) Date, dig dis: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 17:09:48 -0500 (EST) From, dig dis: KdsInDHal@aol.com Message-ID: <970127170947_1379259705@emout16.mail.aol.com> To, dig dis: JIBE@ifi. Ya' know?unizh.ch Subject, dig dis: do dis You's'll always miss mah' big-ass old body, in it's prime and neva' shoddy as bloodhounds wait, waaay down in de lobby, ya''ll eulogize mah' big-ass old body. Slap mah fro! You's'll miss me, wid effigies, lightin' down yo' crib likes xmas trees as tears roll waaay down, below yo' knees, ya''ll miss me, wid effigies. Go find some man t'fit my kickers, left ones old and da damn right one's new but ah' bought da damn right one, plum fo' ya', go find some man t'fit mah' kickers. Yo' bre'd rapps but mah' genius walks, mo'ticians wait wid some shovel and and some fo'k as detectives trace mah' hands wid chalk, yo' bre'd rapps but mah' genius walks. It must be rainin' cause some man ain't supposed t'cry. Slap mah fro! But ah' peep down and ah' duzn't see some cloud. You's'll miss me, but I'm already wasted. ========= greetin' JIBE at da Department uh Computa' Science, University uh Zurich ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199701281919.OAA01507@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu> From: Greg Nicholson Date: Tue, 28 Jan 97 14:19:41 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: "Last Irving Plaza show" Brooks, Any idea on ticket availability for the Irving Plaza shows? Can tix be obtained at the last minute? Also, how do you know there are only 3 shows? Four are listed at www.tmbg.com. Greg ------------------------------ Message-ID: <32EE53E0.2BEC@trib.infi.net> Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 14:30:40 -0500 From: BOBA Organization: InfiNet Subject: TMBG: Re: Cartoon Planet and Guitar Sounds Someone wrote: > Didnt TMBG do the music at the end of Cartoon Planet? Yeah, its an instrumental End Of the Tour, just as the beginning is an instrumental No One Knows My Plan As far as what kind of Guitar Sounds Flansy uses, I've discovered that for alot their solos, i.e. Dirt Bike, SEXXY, Flansy or Schermy depending on the song have a lot of WAH pedal on them, not a fluctuating WAH, just a setting on the WAH pedal ______________________________________________________ Matthew Ondrey Boba@tmbg.org http://members.tripod.com/~Theybootlegs/boba.htm ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 14:53:54 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970128145351_409733011@emout17.mail.aol.com> Subject: re: My weirdest TMBG: dream yet; re: cartoon planet >He said to me, "F--- you, you prissy nutcase. Do you want a >drink or are you another one of those prohibitionist Jesus >freaks?" ROFL!!! I love that!! God, I wish it was a real Flans quote, it'd go straight into my newsgroup sig!! (aol doesn't have email sigs, and yes, I *type* mine out each time) Why don't I have these cool dreams? Probably because I don't sleep enough (<-- was up till 4am drawing a portrait of Linnell, that actually turned out good). >Didnt TMBG do the music at the end of Cartoon Planet? Yeah, the opening was No One Knows My Plan (just the intro replayed), and the closing was The End Of The Tour. I don't think they do it anymore though... Elektra probably wanted more $$$$$$$. sarah :) TMBGer# 45127 linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal "Everything he says.... Is true." - Mark McKinney, KITH ------------------------------ Date: 28 Jan 1997 20:01:44 -0000 Message-ID: <19970128200144.4054.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Anastasia Hunt" Subject: TMBG: MouseWorld, modified Ok, listers, it's me again. My MouseWorld home page is now up and running. it's still under comstruction, but still worthwhile. #################################################### # http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/2900 # #################################################### See ya! :) Mouse *********************************** Another annoying message * "Could you guys please quit * from * playing 'Pass the Dude'? * Saint Ana the Suave * You're making our drummer * Productions * nervous." John Linnell * (Anastasia Eve Hunt) **************************** ( My real name- I promise!) * --------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 16:05:25 -0500 (EST) Message-Id: <199701282105.QAA24322@CLEMSON.EDU> From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Tribute comic? Is the tribute comic still going to come out? I haven't gotten a response from Cuper Vargas when I e-mailed him a few weeks ago, and I was wondering if it had been put on hold or cancelled. The part that a friend of mine and I worked on kind of sucks, but it's done. :> TIA, -Adam Tyner /========================================\ Adam Tyner 0- ctyner@awod.com http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ Home of He-Man, Weird Al, MST3K, and more! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970128224749.0067dd28@gac.edu> Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 16:47:49 -0600 From: Tom Walker Subject: TMBG: CD Auction of sorts Well, i have had huge response to my trying to get rid of the cd i advertised yesterday. So far the highest bid is 35 dollars, and I think i will cut off all bidding for tomorrow at noon central time, so that digest people will get a chance to see this message. thank you Tom Walker twalker@gac.edu ------------------------------ Message-ID: <32EE8F2B.19D1@toothfairy.com> Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 18:43:39 -0500 From: Kevin McGuire Organization: The Explorers That *DO* Know Exactly Where They're Going! Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: palindromes > Has anybody ever heard/seen the Riders In the Sky sketch about > "Palindrome"? (sung to the tune of "Paladin") "Palindrome, Palindrome, > what's in a name? (sumthin sumthin) forward and backwards the same..." > It's about a guy who fights crime using only Palindromes and his natty > straw hat. Sounds like a super hero on "The Tick." What a stupid thing to post. Oh well, I guess it's too late now to cancel it (not really, but you get the idea. I am the laziest human alive (I couldnt even muster up the effort to move the mouse up to the close button!) -- Kevin "100% Curd" McGuire-----------------------------------------+ ^ ^ | | | | | | "The Johns created They Might | | | Be Giants to train the faithful. | | | One cannot go against the word of John." --->ME<- | | | | | | | | | | +----+-----That's not butter! ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 16:27:10 -0800 From: J Chen Subject: Re: TMBG: Assorted Observations for the TMBG Die-Hard Discussion, eh? Earlier, when I was writing about the differences between the Johns, the songwriting part was the part I decided not to mention. However, Ben or Been is dead on in his distinction of the songs written by John or John. One thing that deserves mention here is, perhaps, the writing ability of John Linnell. There was one letter he wrote on the tmbg.com site about riding on an airplane and feeling space-protective. It was a hilarious piece, but what surprised me was the style in which Linnell wrote. It was, you may say, very professional-like. He was naturally descriptive, and he reminded me of other writers whose works I've read and admired. In other words, this guy can write. This word-playing, vocab-strong, literary-savviness translates in to his songs, and the results create a clear distinction between the songs he writes and the songs Flansburgh writes. Flansburgh's song lyrics tend to be more direct, simple. They get simpler every album, too (I still think XTCVAA is a lyrical low). Linnell, however, has a flowery, descriptive, syllable-filled, "blast of words" style that's fun to listen to and even funner to sing (I don't find myself singing "S E X X Y..." as often as I do "There were 87 Advil in the bottle now there's 30 left). Linnell is a natural writer, and I think he would have made it as a literary humorist if not a songwriter. No knocks on Flans, though (After all, he didn't write S-E-X-X-Y alone). His songs have good subjects. I'll take skewed-viewed songs about dysfunctional couples over corny love songs nine times out of ten. Afterthoughts: I thought I Palindrome I on DAS was Linnell. WDTSS stands for Why Does The Sun Shine. Flans didn't write NYC. And Spin City is on ABC. OK. ========================___________________________________________... . . . | from LVJeff | Personal mondegreen: "20-20-24 hours ago, | Protected by Guan Yu | I'm going east of Eden." | alecson@ucla.edu | I Wanna Be Sedated, by The Ramones ======================== "I wanna be sedated." ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 16:43:34 -0800 (PST) From: KatherineHayes Subject: TMBG: White Boy Message-Id: I recall a rather popular song that went something along the lines of o/' Play that funky music white boy...o/' Now I could be wrong, but I am ussually not, and I believe they were making an allusion to that song and the style of music They make. You think? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970128211052.006b8028@mail.ee.net> Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 21:10:55 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Non-TMBG: My Thoughts/Rantings / Linnell's writing. > One thing that deserves mention here is, perhaps, the writing ability >of John Linnell. There was one letter he wrote on the tmbg.com site about >riding on an airplane and feeling space-protective. It was a hilarious >piece, but what surprised me was the style in which Linnell wrote. It was, >you may say, very professional-like. He was naturally descriptive, and he >reminded me of other writers whose works I've read and admired. In other >words, this guy can write. It reminded me of some of the stuff that I've written, only better. I find that the best humor comes out when I'm forced to come up with something, anything, to read to the class the next day, and only 45 minutes in which to write. It usually turns out to be a carefully sheilded personnal attack on my English teacher, the mind behind the ridiculous premise. For example, today I wrote a nice story about Mr Winterborne, who liked to play in the park with the children in his yellow trenchcoat, and give them candy. He was a child molester, and he always had a smile on his face. (Later I re-wrote it to be completely different, because i decided I would rather have a good grade than make a mockery of my teacher's assignment, causeing him to slam his fist on the desk, hurt his hand and whine about how terrible we treat him.) BUt I've got nothing against him. Right. You can delete this now. -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: SimAnalysis Message-ID: <19970128.203123.9870.2.istanbul@juno.com> From: istanbul@juno.com (Justin Smith) Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 21:27:06 EST I just thought I'd repost a neat formula I came up with to calculate the damage a disaster such as Tornado does in terms of SimCity blocks. (x^2)+((x+1)^2)-(1+B) Where x is the coverage and B is the number of long cards in the path except those only halfway in the circle's radius. This can also be applied to Fire Stations, Churches, ect. +++ This is Justin Smith's signature! +++ General E-mail: jsmith@e-tex.com TMBG stuff: istanbul@juno.com +++ Bored? Play Dragon Warrior! +++ http://www.dragonfire.net/~DW/ ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Re: SimAnalysis Message-ID: <19970128.203532.9870.3.istanbul@juno.com> From: istanbul@juno.com (Justin Smith) Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 21:31:47 EST OOOOOOOOOOOOOPSS! The precieding message was NOT intended for the TMBG list. I am EXTREMELY sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please Please Please ignore it, as it probably makes absolutely no sense to you anyways. On Tue, 28 Jan 1997 20:27:17 PST istanbul writes: >I just thought I'd repost a neat formula I came up with to calculate >the damage a disaster such as Tornado does in terms of SimCity >blocks. > >(x^2)+((x+1)^2)-(1+B) >Where x is the coverage and B is the number of long cards in the path >except those only halfway in the circle's radius. > >This can also be applied to Fire Stations, Churches, ect. > >+++ This is Justin Smith's signature! +++ >General E-mail: jsmith@e-tex.com >TMBG stuff: istanbul@juno.com >+++ Bored? Play Dragon Warrior! +++ >http://www.dragonfire.net/~DW/ ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 21:13:35 -0600 (CST) From: Brandon Callison Subject: Re: TMBG: Cartoon Planet Message-ID: Yeah, that's what I've been talking about... I guess I came in too late to see the ones with TMBG at the end. Hrm. Brandon On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, Tom Hare wrote: > Not anymore. The new music is just some random crap that's, well, crappy. > And the end is Brak going "Lalalaldadadeda lalalala lalala" etc. > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- > Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG > tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org > ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- > > On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, Goat Boy wrote: > > > > Didnt TMBG do the music at the end of Cartoon Planet? I think so, I > > > remember watching the funky stupid guy in the Space Ghost outfit dancing > > > around and I heard the music and thought..."Man, that sounds like something > > > TMBG would do!" and then it said something like this in the credits "Music > > > by They Might be Giants...They're cool" or something, been awhile since I > > > seen it. > > > > Yes they did. Says right there in the credits: "Music by They Might Be > > Giants." The opening song is "No One Knows My Plan" and the closing song is > > the fast paced section of "End of the Tour" ("Never to part since the day we > > met"). Bith are instrumental versions. > > > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ > > Chris Combs a.k.a. Piglet Goatboy formerly@assassinate > > -={MPFT}=- -={CAS}=- -={OINK!}=- > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ > > > > > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970129062412.0067c7a8@gac.edu> Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 00:24:12 -0600 From: Tom Walker Subject: TMBG: final notice Ok, I'm posting this final notice to get in before the digest goes out. The highest bid so far for the live in milwaukee cd is 37 dollars. The highest bidder as of noon central time tomorrow gets the prize Thank you Tom Walker twalker@gac.edu ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-28 *****************************