Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-291 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 291 Sunday, 19 October 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Sensurround question TMBG: GAS MASK! mp3 TMBG:floddies???? TMBG: Goonies and maybe.mp3 TMBG: Actual Size Re: TMBG: floodies TMBG: Linnell's birthday / crowds... Re: TMBG: floodies Re: TMBG: Goonies and maybe.mp3 Re: TMBG: floodies Re: TMBG: MAKE MONEY FAST! ASK ME HOW! LICK MY BOOT! Re: TMBG: floodies Re: TMBG: Sensurround question TMBG: a question TMBG: Driving to St. Louis from Champaign??? TMBG: re: floodies and wanklers TMBG: GAS MASK! GAS MASK! GAS MASK! Re: TMBG: floodies Re: TMBG: floodies TMBG: Vocabulary Builders! Re: TMBG: Vocabulary Builders! TMBG: Istanbul TMBG: Sensurround TMBG: Radio promos TMBG:singles? TMBG:Dr. Worm vid TMBG: popularity . TMBG: mp3s online chat and bla TMBG: TMBG Chicago 10/18 @ 3:00 Setlist TMBG: last post tonight mp3 question Re: TMBG: mp3s online chat and bla TMBG: .mp3 trouble Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <34485DFF.317C@nmt.edu> Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 00:58:07 -0600 From: Refund Subject: TMBG: Sensurround question On the SEXXY single I found something that I would like to ask all you about. In the song Sensurround, during the Chorus, if you listen closely, you can here someone saying .... well ... something in the background very quietly. Anyone know what it is? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19971018073828.006d2d24@cyrus.andrew.cmu.edu> Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 03:38:28 -0400 From: Josh Subject: TMBG: GAS MASK! mp3 OK, so I am breaking the record for posts in a day by me. There is now an mp3 of TMBG playing Gas Mask during Spy on 9/13 on my page...you HAVE TO HEAR THIS!!!! Josh http://tmbg.res.cmu.edu/irc.html special offer page ------------------------------ From: BOCAJSHEPA@aol.com Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 03:56:42 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <971018035641_339562785@emout19.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG:floddies???? I'm sorry, but I just joined the list, and didn't hear the "coversation" that has been brought up in the letters about "floodies". Is a floodie some one who has only heard Flood? Some one who only owns Flood? or, Some one who got started on Flood? and any other info that could pertain to this discution would be helpful. Thanx, Jacob ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 01:45:04 -0700 (PDT) From: FRoG Subject: TMBG: Goonies and maybe.mp3 Message-ID: Heya.. I've recently d/l'd an mp3 from a site (http://www.the-b.org/~jackyl/mp3/) called maybe.mp3... I'm not sure about what the song name is.. But it goes something like this "I know she's been cheating, but what can I do", or something close to that. Anyhow, it is recorded quite poorly and you can hear sounds in the backgroud, almost like a television. Now, about 16 seconds into the mp3, you can hear pretty clearly in the background "One Eyed Willy"... To me, that sounds like Goonies (That cool movie from awhile back).. Anyone else hear this? It probably has no relevance, but it's kinda cool that the Johns are recording with good movies playing in the background :) Check it out. Ryan Andres >*< Insert random TMBG quote here >*< ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3448B067.68A95779@deathsdoor.com> Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 22:49:44 +1000 From: Vester Subject: TMBG: Actual Size Hi people, I downloaded "larger.mp3" from http://www.the-b.org/~jackyl/mp3/ and was wondering if anyone can explain this remix or whatever it is of Actual Size... thanks -- Steven Lawrance ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 08:51:51 -0400 (EDT) From: "Eric Webber (EIN tech)" Subject: Re: TMBG: floodies Message-Id: On Fri, 17 Oct 1997, Lawrence P Solomon wrote: > Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 17-Oct-97 Re: TMBG: floodies by "Eric > Webber @alphaclp.c > > > Why bother labeling people like this at all. A TMBG fan is a TMBG fan. I > > because someone who only owns Flood, or only owns Flood and Apollo 18, > or something... or only knows two songs, is *not* a TMBG fan. Fan is > short for fanatic, you know. Owning one album does not a fanatic make. > > > think that a lot of people on this list like the feeling of superiority > > over those who aren't quite as fanatical as they are. Guess what, it > > dosen't make you cool just because you know some facts about a band that > > anybody with half a brain could learn if they wanted. I'm not accusing > > it's not a matter of knowing facts. it's a matter of general knowledge > that any fan of anything knows. a fan of TMBG should at *least* know of > all the albums, and probably own them (Misc T is optional because it's > "special" :), or most of them. I think most people's main gripe is that > there are some people at concerts who aren't familiar enough with the > material to know what they're listening to, or to know that They have a > lot of good songs... or whatever. It's ok to go to a concert hoping to > learn more about their songs, or to enjoy stuff - I saw cub because I > liked New York City and wanted to hear other stuff... and now I have all > their albums. :) but... it just doesn't seem right to get all obsessive > over two or three or nineteen songs... > > > > :) > Reread my last post. I rest my case. Take it easy, Wubba +++ Eric Webber EIN Technician 412.622.1944 page- 412.305.0690 webbere@clpgh.org wubba@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 07:09:04 -0600 Subject: TMBG: Linnell's birthday / crowds... Message-ID: <19971018.070909.11646.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) > What is Linnell's Birthday?? june 12th, 1959 > X-C team at my school any sort of >recognition, even though they deserve it our X-c team doesn't get any recognition either and we're #5 in the state (which is super good for our crappy inner-city public schools that don't get anywhere) there's 5 of us ranked in the top 20 and we've got state next weekend =) Not to mention that our swim team gets even less recognition... grrr.... it makes me soo pissed off cuz the denver nuggets (*blah*) donated like grips of money to enhance the sports programs in all teh denver public schools and they're only using it for baseball (guys), football, soccer(guys), and wrestling... i say they suck ANyways, it sucks having to like sit there and beg peopel to come to our meets so if nayone ever asks any of any of you people to go to something GO! =) > I wear jeans and sweats, >or occasionally (well, often) bell bottoms and flowy things. You will >never see me without my 3-strap birks around...in fact, they're the only >shoes I've worn to school this year with the exception of gym shoes. why does everyone think that you have to dress like a prep to be friends with them? personally you'll never see me in anything that isn't like 80 times too big for me but i don't care... it dawned on me how much these people's images are to them when we had spirit week, which, btw, i chose not to participate in cuz my school sucks like no other, (see ramblings above) and one of the days was like "pajama day". so there were like bazillions of people in flannel pants. my friend megan says, "i wish i could wear these [regarding the pants] to school everyday *giggle*" i just kinda stood there with this dumb look on my face and said "then why don't you?" > hyper-catchy riff in Blister in the Sun by the Violent Femmes? This is > kinda strange. VF live kick ass. that's my 2cents =) take it easy, JOrdaN (who managed not to complain about the girls soccer team) =) http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 09:18:03 -0400 (EDT) From: "Eric Webber (EIN tech)" Subject: Re: TMBG: floodies Message-Id: I had to respond to this again. Sorry. On Fri, 17 Oct 1997, Lawrence P Solomon wrote: > it's not a matter of knowing facts. it's a matter of general knowledge > that any fan of anything knows. C'mon Lawrence read what you wrote here. Is all that general knowledge just somebody's opinion. It's fact, and you can't argue that. > a fan of TMBG should at *least* know of > all the albums, and probably own them (Misc T is optional because it's > "special" :), or most of them. Now that just dosen't make any sense - Misc. T is optional? Special? And I think the word 'fan' has outgrown it's roots. Normally, when a person says fan nowadays they don't imply fanaticism. > I think most people's main gripe is that > there are some people at concerts who aren't familiar enough with the > material to know what they're listening to, or to know that They have a > lot of good songs... or whatever. I agreed with this in my post, it bothers me too sometimes. > It's ok to go to a concert hoping to > learn more about their songs, or to enjoy stuff But you're not a fan of the band until you know all their songs? > - I saw cub because I > liked New York City and wanted to hear other stuff... and now I have all > their albums. :) Did the 'real' Cub fans treat you like a loser until you bought all the albums? >but... it just doesn't seem right to get all obsessive > over two or three or nineteen songs... I'm interested in knowing what the word from high is on the proper amount of songs to get obsessive about is. 8-] > > Here's my final plea. Don't treat someone like they're inferior (even if it's behind their back like on this list) just because they don't know as much about TMBG as you do - let them borrow your albums (that is if you can stand to be away from them for any period of time). On another note, I woke up this morning singing We've Got a World that Swings and I can't get it out of my head. I even listened to it four times before I came to work. It's a great song. Don't know why I haven't listened to it more in the past. Take it easy, Wubba +++ Eric Webber EIN Technician 412.622.1944 page- 412.305.0690 webbere@clpgh.org wubba@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 10:32:13 -0500 (CDT) From: Brandon Callison Subject: Re: TMBG: Goonies and maybe.mp3 Message-ID: Wow! I didn't realize that. I don't listen to it much because it's such bad quality. I'll have to do it again. Oh, and that's my site. =) I'm putting up some more MP3s today BTW. Brandon, Jackyl, Nirvana, whatever you wanna call him. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3448DC92.58A0@ix.netcom.com> Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 11:58:10 -0400 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: wekbuh (WECB) Subject: Re: TMBG: floodies Hello Hello.... > Fan is > short for fanatic, you know. Owning one album does not a fanatic make. Well.... I consider myself a MAJOR Candy Butchers fan, but I only have one song by them. That's it. That doesn't mean that I don't want to own more and I don't think that makes me less of a fan of their music. Ownership of music does not always mean that you admire a band more than the person down the street who's seen them 50 million times. > it's not a matter of knowing facts. it's a matter of general knowledge > that any fan of anything knows. I think most people's main gripe is that > there are some people at concerts who aren't familiar enough with the > material to know what they're listening to, or to know that They have a > lot of good songs... or whatever. Hey, I think it's great that people go to concerts knowing like 4 songs. When I first saw TMBG I knew very few songs in their playlist. When I came back from the concert, I went looking for more of their stuff. I took my best friend to see them and the only things he had ever hear were Factory Showroom and "I am not your broom." Needless to say, I don't think that fandom is something you can measure. It's not something that can be objectively measured and because of that, these discussions will go on until my head falls off. Amanda ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 12:18:40 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: From: Trippy Subject: Re: TMBG: MAKE MONEY FAST! ASK ME HOW! LICK MY BOOT! >Mike "Charge up the Orinthopter, boy!" Leffel God made Arrakis to train the faithful, who are we to question God. trippy ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Sat, 18 Oct 97 12:42 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: floodies > Hey, I think it's great that people go to concerts knowing like 4 >songs. When I first saw TMBG I knew very few songs in their playlist. >When I came back from the concert, I went looking for more of their >stuff. Reminds me - I've got a whole-hearted convert on my hands. :) My friend Angie and I dragged our mutual friend Justin to the concert last night, and he loved it *so* much! I knew he would; he's one of those people who you can just tell is a Gianthead waiting to happen. And the only thing he'd heard before was the slow version of "WDTSS?". Kirsten "My ears are still ringing" Brodbeck -- .............................................................................. "Love is a dark angel." - Dirk, _Weetzie Bat_ Kirsten Brodbeck * kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu * AKA Crow .............................................................................. ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 13:13:39 -0400 (EDT) From: Kevin Keeler Subject: Re: TMBG: Sensurround question Message-ID: On Sat, 18 Oct 1997, Refund wrote: > On the SEXXY single I found something that I would like to ask all you > about. In the song Sensurround, during the Chorus, if you listen > closely, you can here someone saying .... well ... something in the > background very quietly. Anyone know what it is? are you talking about the 'ooooeeeeoooo' sounds in the background? im not actively listening to the song right now, but thats what i recall hearing. if thats it...i dont think they're even words. Kevin Keeler insanity@underworld.net Official Member: A** A** "One degree shy of sadistic..." --and i promise i wont always quote TMBG (this being their list and i find it rather pointless to do so); but the song is now firmly in my head. ------------------------------ From: "Kevin Keeler" Subject: TMBG: a question Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 14:09:44 -0400 Message-ID: <01bcdbf1$03b31300$93abf4ce@hobbes> i dont know if any one else besides me was at the cincinatti show actually, i do know--there were a whole lot--but you know what i mean), but if you were (or if this happened at any other shows), attempt to recall 'the guitar.' I swear flanny was singing somegibberish during the intro to it...and then again later in the song. I started screaming trying to figure out what it was ('twas very quiet and mumbled), and i think i finally got it. i think i heard him say a line from 'tkaing care of business.' I know which line i think it was (and id try to say it here...but im not sure and hate making a fool of myself. the one about taking the e train or something. anyway. i hope someone else heard it. or can at least remember hearing him singing something. im done now. Kevin Keeler insanity@underworld.net ***Official Member, A.. A..*** If you cut your tongue, it heals without scar tissue ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 13:12:53 -0500 From: Mitch Fishman Message-ID: <3448FC25.B2ABE88E@tmbg.org> Organization: Illin' Illini Subject: TMBG: Driving to St. Louis from Champaign??? Hey you Champ/urbanaits, i wanna go home to St. Louis to see Them... can leave tuesday anytime and I think we should come back that night... its not sold out, but friends have extra tickets anyway, and I'll pay for gas! oh, and hey to all the old school listies... I haven't posted in a couple years, I'm the guy who always waits outside Mississippi Nights from like 2 in the afternoon to get a nice seat. Anyway.. if you can't drive me, hope to see you guys there... oh and a little St. Louis trivia: St. Louis bought the most copies of Flood than any other city, helping it go platinum. later, mitch ------------------------------ From: "Kevin Keeler" Subject: TMBG: re: floodies and wanklers Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 14:39:05 -0400 Message-ID: <01bcdbf5$1cdc4780$93abf4ce@hobbes> i just joined the list ( i wanted to sooner but didnt know where it was!), so i missed th eorginal post bout floodies or whatever he wanted to call them, but i think i gathere enough of it fom people replies to reach a conclusion: whoever first posted the topic is a schmutz. prolly the same type of lamer elitist who stops liking a band oonce they develop a following. like they're too cool to like a group who other people like. 'I want to be different like everyone else.' its great to be yourself, but.... anyway. to propose that people who like fllod best or who started with flood or who are just getting into TMBG or who dont have all the albums or tracks memorized or who dont know the guys's middle names or anything are somehow inferior to you...please. dammitt, encourage them. suggest what they buy next, lend then cd's, tell them intellignt they will become. im sure no one told you about the giants...sure you just one day decided to buy a cd. you were never a novice fan. you were born singing 'dont let's start.' you are superior. moving on... just kidding moving back... get off your hoss. youre making me nauseous. im done. Kevin Keeler insanity@underworld.net ***Official Member, A.. A..*** "Nigel is not outspoken--he likes to speak and he loves to be spoken to." --XTC ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199710181811.NAA04600@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "mal" Subject: TMBG: GAS MASK! GAS MASK! GAS MASK! Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 13:56:09 -0500 Heh Heh heh! That GASMASK schtick is funny! :) > From: Kevin Keeler, one of the new people... > > get off your hoss. youre making me nauseous. > Get off your Hoss, kids. Get on your Little Joe instead! Who wants CANDY!? HAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Loren "LivinginthewestwherelifeisthebestBONANZA" Greene *This has been another useless message from The World Famous Mike Leffel* ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 15:21:16 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: floodies Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 18-Oct-97 Re: TMBG: floodies by "Eric Webber @alphaclp.c > C'mon Lawrence read what you wrote here. Is all that general knowledge > just somebody's opinion. It's fact, and you can't argue that. general knowledge is just stuff about their songs... fans need not know birthdays, parents names, middle names, hidden talents, wives, or other stuff unless they *really* want to. :) and knowledge *of* a song isn't the same as knowing a song. like if they announce at a concert that they're about to play a song... any song, really... it's nice to know what they mean (unless it's a new song, in which case they usually say so). > Now that just dosen't make any sense - Misc. T is optional? Special? And > I think the word 'fan' has outgrown it's roots. Normally, when a person > says fan nowadays they don't imply fanaticism. Misc T is a more specialized thing - someone who kind of likes TMBG is probably not going to appreciate it as much as someone who absolutely loves everything they do. (it took me quite a while to get used to it...) > But you're not a fan of the band until you know all their songs? not necessarily... but it would be nice to have some familiarity with their material - at least know what all/most of the albums are called and know more than *TWO* songs. > Did the 'real' Cub fans treat you like a loser until you bought all the > albums? no, because I never claimed to be a cub fan until I started listening to them more. I went there to "sample" the music, so to speak. and then I went on a desparate search for all their albums, because I could only afford to buy one at the concert... but I'm not saying that the "floodies" are losers, just that it's really not right for a person who has only heard one or two songs out of 100+ to call him/herself a fan. they can claim to like the music, and seek out other recordings, but fandom really does/should imply knowing a bit more of the material. > I'm interested in knowing what the word from high is on the proper amount > of songs to get obsessive about is. 8-] eh, very funny. It's really more of a proportional thing - if a band only has one album, there isn't a whole lot to know. but TMBG has 6 albums. if someone only has Flood, and goes to a concert, they'll hear at most about 5 songs they know. out of about 30 songs played. out of about 120 TMBG songs total. ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 15:25:02 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: floodies Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 18-Oct-97 Re: TMBG: floodies by Amanda Nichols@ix.netcom > Well.... I consider myself a MAJOR Candy Butchers fan, but I only have > one song by them. That's it. That doesn't mean that I don't want to > own more and I don't think that makes me less of a fan of their music. > Ownership of music does not always mean that you admire a band more than > the person down the street who's seen them 50 million times. knowledge and ownership are different, though. besides, the Candy Butchers have only released like... 5 songs (That Thing You Do doesn't count) because their record label folded... you do know they have other songs, right? :) > Hey, I think it's great that people go to concerts knowing like 4 > songs. When I first saw TMBG I knew very few songs in their playlist. > When I came back from the concert, I went looking for more of their > stuff. I took my best friend to see them and the only things he had > ever hear were Factory Showroom and "I am not your broom." Needless to ok, that's cool. but did you make any claims that you knew anything about them before seeing them? I guess it's ok to *go* to the show (otherwise, no one would *ever* become more of a fan :), but some people claim to know stuff they don't... or assume things (like that "Flood" was their first album, or that "Particle Man" was a number 1 hit...) > say, I don't think that fandom is something you can measure. It's not > something that can be objectively measured and because of that, these > discussions will go on until my head falls off. or mine. :) ------------------------------ From: Spoonerism@aol.com Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 15:47:09 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <971018154433_1700792563@emout10.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Vocabulary Builders! Here's my story and I'm sticking to it: October 18, 1997. I awaken from my slumber and get prepared to take the PSAT at my High School. I get to the school, open the test booklet to start, when what to my wondering eyes did appear, but an analogy with the word "Obsequious" in it. WOW! I thought to myself, "Thank goodness that They Might Be Giants is around, otherwise I would never know that word!" Thanks for the 10 points on my PSAT, Johns! -Casey! ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 16:06:16 -0400 (EDT) From: Elitza Subject: Re: TMBG: Vocabulary Builders! Message-ID: > Here's my story and I'm sticking to it: > > October 18, 1997. I awaken from my slumber and get prepared to take the > PSAT at my High School. I get to the school, open the test booklet to start, > when what to my wondering eyes did appear, but an analogy with the word > "Obsequious" in it. WOW! I thought to myself, "Thank goodness that They > Might Be Giants is around, otherwise I would never know that word!" > I was about to post about this. The PSAT was such a waste- I finished the thing in a n hour total, but this was a fun one. I was humming "Turn Around" for the remainer of the test. Elitza who also had Honors Choir auditions today.. yipe :T ------------------------------ From: filthyscarecrow@webtv.net Message-Id: <199710182245.PAA12312@mailtod-113.bryant.webtv.net> Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 17:45:31 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Istanbul I was watching "Muppets Tonight" and These four rats would appear at the bottom of the screen and sing "Istanbul (not constantinople)". That song is everywhere. Attention any N64 owners on the list: rent the game Top Gear Rally. You can paint your own car (i.e. paint kittens all over it). Plus, ......nevermind. "I may OR may not be Broomfondel" -Broomfondel ------------------------------ Message-ID: <344949B8.5697@nmt.edu> Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 17:43:53 -0600 From: Refund Subject: TMBG: Sensurround I think what he is saying is "round, sen, sur, round, sen, sur...etc." ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19971018202300.006c962c@130.127.28.14> Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 20:23:00 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Radio promos I was in a Books-A-Million store this afternoon, and I came across a price guide for radio promos...I peeked under TMBG, being curious, and saw 2 entries...one was listed as a concert from 1993, and the other was a 1994 performance with Sonic Youth. Surprisingly, there wasn't an entry for Live!! NYC...anyway, I had never heard of these before, and they're not listed in the discography. Just curious. :) -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199710190047.TAA24415@mixcom.mixcom.com> Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 19:47:58 -0500 From: Matt Mantsch Subject: TMBG:singles? I realize this may be less productive than whistleing(sp?) in the dark, but does anyone have copies of any of the following eps; I Palindrome I, The Guitar, (SWA) Hotel Detective, The Statue Got Me High, that they might be willing to sell? If you do, the please email to ME and not the list, seeing as how I don't want this big thing over using the list to sell stuff. Send any replies to mattm@mixcom.com, and include how much your willing to sell for, keeping in mind I ain't no fool! Thanks in advance, Matt M. "YIPPEE! TMBG TOMARROW!" "Adults are just obsolete children, and the Hell with them."--(Dr.Seuss) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199710190054.TAA24994@mixcom.mixcom.com> Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 19:54:58 -0500 From: Matt Mantsch Subject: TMBG:Dr. Worm vid dunno if I wasn't paying attention or what not, but I don't think anyone has as of yet mentioned that there is a .mov of Dr. Worm at TMBG.com, also dunno if it's the entire song "Adults are just obsolete children, and the Hell with them."--(Dr.Seuss) ------------------------------ From: Cdanve10@scu.edu.au Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 13:33:08 +1000 Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19971019134108.3147b480@students.scu.edu.au> Subject: TMBG: popularity . I really don't want to start a fight but don't you think we should be happy for the johns and wish more sucess their way ?? I know it's always good to have something that no one else has or likes but I'd prefer to be able to get their music more easily and for them to be much bigger and apreciated . I don't like feeling "in" or "out" But I don't like feeling that my taste is so wrong that no one else really likes TMBG . I mean it's so much more likely that I'm wrong about TMBG being good and having true talent then me being correct . How can so many people be wrong ?? not likely ey ??? As homer put it "everyone dumb except me" So-man ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19971019051520.006e3680@cyrus.andrew.cmu.edu> Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 01:15:20 -0400 From: Josh Subject: TMBG: mp3s online chat and bla Hey, I figure once you start posting...never stop. I am adding pretty much every request I get for mp3s...until the RIAA shuts me down I guess...anyway, I feel bad about missing the TMBG online chat to go to the TMBG concert...is that bad? :) anyway....check out my page...I may actually update the rest of it soon! Josh http://tmbg.res.cmu.edu/irc.html EFnet #TMBG Home Page -- Check out Special Offer section! ------------------------------ From: Madcup1@aol.com Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 01:16:19 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <971019011609_102297007@emout09.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: TMBG Chicago 10/18 @ 3:00 Setlist Hey, That was an AWESOME show. well anyways, I'm too tired to write my story, but here's the setlist as it appears: Triboro Istanbul Polk* Actual fanfare Dr. Worm/ Don't (not 2 slow) Shoe* Ensor fanfare Rest/ Bird Spy Sun/ Snail Older/ Ana Spider/ XTC/ Exq* (no light announcement) Pet coctail music SEXXY ]Twist No one/ GTR Til ________ Lie Particle Dig ________ Blues Jam! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19971019052924.006df0bc@cyrus.andrew.cmu.edu> Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 01:29:24 -0400 From: Josh Subject: TMBG: last post tonight mp3 question HEy, sorry...but my Hall of Mayors CD is a little screwy...I was just hoping somebody might have an mp3 called processional7.mp3 I made a while back??? Josh ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19971019013058.006a2dd4@130.127.28.14> Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 01:30:58 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: mp3s online chat and bla I think you ought to be fine so long as no one links to your site. The Blamo! page was a little too...well-known. As long as your page is only really known to people on the list and #tmbg, you should have no problems at all. BTW, the RIAA is especially cracking down on sites run on computers w/ University-supplied Ethernet connections. Be very, very careful. TTYL, -Adam At 01:15 AM 10/19/97 -0400, you wrote: >Hey, I figure once you start posting...never stop. I am adding pretty much >every request I get for mp3s...until the RIAA shuts me down I >guess...anyway, I feel bad about missing the TMBG online chat to go to the >TMBG concert...is that bad? :) anyway....check out my page...I may actually >update the rest of it soon! /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 01:53:21 -0400 (EDT) From: stella Subject: TMBG: .mp3 trouble Message-ID: All I have to say is AHHHHHHHHH! I'm having a TON of trouble downloading ANY /mp3's from the http://www.the-b.org/~jackyl/mp3/ site. All that happens is a screen comes up and starts spitting out all this STUFF at me.. what's the problem. How can I fix it? I want this stuff! -ellen g. "Black coffee's not enough for me, I need a better friend..." ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-291 ******************************