Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-293 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 293 Tuesday, 21 October 1997 Today's Topics: Subject: Re: TMBG: .mp3 trouble TMBG: The show in Ann Arbor Re: TMBG: The show in Ann Arbor TMBG: TRIBORO TMBG: tmbg-list Digest #3-292 Re: TMBG: TRIBORO Re: TMBG: The show in Ann Arbor TMBG: texas once again... TMBG: .mp3 comments TMBG: wow! Re: TMBG: .mp3 problem solved TMBG: How to Fix Bad MP3s NON-TMBG: Lincoln's on Melrose Place! TMBG: St. Louis show TMBG: JMU Show Information TMBG: moving to the sun Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 01:24:11 +0000 From: Chris Combs Subject: Subject: Re: TMBG: .mp3 trouble Message-id: <3.0.3.16.19971020012411.35df6f2c@po.muohio.edu> > Well, I admit I didn't try to listen to it in my browser, but after I > read Ellen's post I downloaded "Cristmas Cards" ftom that > site, and when I got to listen to it, it sounded > like Auquaman mating with Marvin the Paranoid Android under the > surface of pluto. Weird, wobbly stuff. > So my guess is (a)The server is bespirited by a noxious beast of > doom, (2)The phone lines are being charged with negative emotion > ectoplasmic nodules, or (3)They were either ripped wrong, or something. or (4/d) "Christmas Cards" is only available on a transparent green 7" vinyl record, and what you hear is the lack of a really clean needle. * ---------------------------------------------------------- Chris Combs a.k.a. Piglet Goatboy formerly@assassinate -={MPFT}=- -={CAS}=- -={OINK!}=- http://www.muc.muohio.edu/~goatboy/ * ---------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ From: "AugieWan" Subject: TMBG: The show in Ann Arbor Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 12:35:10 -0400 Message-Id: <16363054600176@dancingink.com> Hello.......... Could any of you fine folks tell me the name of the wonderful establishment that will be hosting the Giants in Ann Arbor this Wednesday??? Anyone know what time it starts? The number to call about tickets? Any other vital info?? * ----------------------------------------------------------------------- augiewan@dancingink.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 13:43:00 -0400 (EDT) From: Susan Lyon Subject: Re: TMBG: The show in Ann Arbor Message-ID: On Mon, 20 Oct 1997, AugieWan wrote: > Hello.......... Could any of you fine folks tell me the name of the > wonderful establishment that will be hosting the Giants in Ann Arbor this > Wednesday??? Anyone know what time it starts? The number to call about > tickets? Any other vital info?? The place is the Michigan Theater. Tickets are through TicketMaster (I don't know their number, cos I got the tickets in person.) It starts at 7:30 p.m. I have no idea if there will be an opener or not. Oh yeah, and it is gonna rule. :^) I'll be the big, brown-haired black-wearing chick with the skinny, white-haired black-wearing chick (she looks kinda like "Daria"'s best friend) in the seventh row, so everybody come and say hi. susan :^) +~+_+~+_~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+ Susan Lyon mozzer@umich.edu + Lloyd Hall Scholars Program + Madness takes its toll. (313) 764-7521 + Please have exact change ready. +~+_+~+_~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+_+~+ ------------------------------ From: StereoPuff@aol.com Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 14:02:53 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <971020135737_1893101479@emout16.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: TRIBORO in the 1-page mailer that was only sent to NYC-area residents, in the paragraph in which the Johns talk about songs for the upcoming album, the song in question is spelled as "Triboro Bridge". so there. Mike Wood no death star over me ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 14:51:17 -0400 From: "NOREEN A. SPECHT" <76232.1433@compuserve.com> Subject: TMBG: tmbg-list Digest #3-292 Message-ID: <199710201454_MC2-248B-7214@compuserve.com> Please stop sending me your news letter. Thank You ------------------------------ Message-ID: <344BABE0.1E9F@ix.netcom.com> Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 15:07:12 -0400 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: wekbuh (WECB) Subject: Re: TMBG: TRIBORO Again with the Triboro!!! Make it stop!!!! I thought, in my folly, the Triboro thread was buried, but no.... it's risen from its electronic grave to stalk me!!! mommie, make the bad thread go away..... Amanda ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 15:16:48 -0400 From: Mark Beissel Message-ID: <344BAE20.78AA@ameritech.net> Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: Re: TMBG: The show in Ann Arbor Susan Lyon wrote: > > On Mon, 20 Oct 1997, AugieWan wrote: > > > Hello.......... Could any of you fine folks tell me the name of the > > wonderful establishment that will be hosting the Giants in Ann Arbor this > > Wednesday??? Anyone know what time it starts? The number to call about > > tickets? Any other vital info?? > > The place is the Michigan Theater. Tickets are through TicketMaster (I > don't know their number, cos I got the tickets in person.) It starts at > 7:30 p.m. I have no idea if there will be an opener or not. There was a big article on the show in the Ann Arbor news a day or two ago that mentioned Lincoln is opening. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199710202006.PAA16076@mail.utexas.edu> Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 15:07:21 -0500 From: prince caspian Subject: TMBG: texas once again... just out of curiosity, does anyone have any idea who will be opening for Them when they play the four shows in Texas? i just got my tickets for all the shows, and i'm wondering, you would assume lincoln since they've been opening, but these four shows are just kind of thrown in at random so i don't know if they'll be here for them too or not... paul ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 16:04:17 -0500 (CDT) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: TMBG: .mp3 comments Message-ID: Hey all-- All right, so I spent a lot of time last night downloading some of these damned .mp3's off of the TMBG .mp3 site (you've all seen the address before, and anyway, I can't remember it). A few comments on this: 1. Linnell can make some really weird songs. I don't mean poppy, or "quirky", but just really freaking weird. See "Nevada", with it's marching band fading in and out and that's it. Weird. 2. The studio version of "They Got Lost" has made me fall in love with it even more. The guitar during that song....so bluesy, an aspect we don't normally see out of Flansy's guitar. It's great. 3. And no, I didn't get the .mp3 for "Triboro Bridge" or whatever it's called. Fight the power! All right, I've wasted enough of your time. See ya. Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu "And I have to get the fuck out of this town..." --Pavement ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 05:55:17 -0400 Subject: TMBG: wow! Message-ID: <19971020.055522.10342.1.MokonaBoopBoop@juno.com> From: mokonaboopboop@juno.com (Ranma Saotome) The MP3 that I have of I Am Not Your Broom sounds like it was recorded underwater! It's all garbled and goes.... GLUG GLUG BROOM GLUG GLUG BLARGHHHHH GARBLE BLUB GLUG I AM GLUG GLUG BLARGHHHHH BRROOOOM. I think it's funny! It either sounds like it was recorded underwater or my computer needs an exorcism. -Kimicee ------------------------ http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Alley/7534 Bishounen Hunter T =w= #2872 =rna= #11 "We are all the same person trying to shake hands with ourself" ------------------------------ From: Tmbgneat@aol.com Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 16:40:25 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <971020163120_457623615@emout01.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: .mp3 problem solved << Anyway, I have a problem of my own to be solved. I have no problems downloading the .mp3's from the www.the-b.org site, but I can't play them. i try them on Winplay 3, but it skips so much I can't hear anything. Anybody have a clue as to this? Just wondering...I've been wanting to hear Hall of Mayors for a long time... >> yes....i have this same problem......i downloaded alot of mp3's off of a previous site that went down with basically the same songs...and i had no problem...but i downloaded them off of www.the-b.org.....and it skips....then i got winamp ...and it is extremely screwed up.....can barely make out the song behind a bunch...off...umm...well....crap..... ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 19:25:11 -0500 (EST) From: Ryan Staib Subject: TMBG: How to Fix Bad MP3s Message-ID: Go to http://www.cybrzn.com/~blex/mp3/ and scroll down to the "How to Fix Bad MP3s" link. Click on it. Follow the instructions. This has been a public service message from me. RS ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19971020200929.006b1318@130.127.28.14> Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 20:09:29 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: NON-TMBG: Lincoln's on Melrose Place! Wow, Lincoln's "Stop" is playing over the Melrose Place intro...! This is the best channel-flipping experience I've had in a long time. :P TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 21:28:01 -0500 (CDT) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: TMBG: St. Louis show Message-ID: Hey all-- This is kind of a last call for people going to the St. Louis show tomorrow (Tues.). I haven't really heard anything from anyone, so I'm under the impression that I'll be the only listie there. E-mail me privately if you're going to be there...it'll be cool to meet some other listies there. If you happen to show up, I'll be the big goofy-looking guy with the goatee, glasses, and striped shirt. Hopefully that will narrow it down some. Hope to see some folks there. Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu "I am a lost soul I shoot myself with rock and roll The hole I dig is bottomless But nothing else can set me free..." --Guided by Voices ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199710210236.WAA21161@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: JMU Show Information Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 22:36:02 -0400 (EDT) Can anyone provide your humble list admin with info on the JMU show? In particular, what's the deal with non-JMU students? Is anyone else from NoVa going? -- Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org System Administration - Network Design TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 23:13:11 -0400 (EDT) From: stella Subject: TMBG: moving to the sun Message-ID: Well, I downloaded "Moving to the Sun" and was happy to hear a reference to Boston! (Man, I looove this city) When they say the bit at the beginning about staring at the Citco sign, well in Kenmore Square (near Fenway Park) there is a GIANT neon Citco sign. so there! :) -ellen g. "Black coffee's not enough for me, I need a better friend..." ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-293 ******************************