Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-294 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 294 Wednesday, 22 October 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: how to fix bad mp3s... TMBG: coincidence? Re: TMBG: coincidence? TMBG: TMBG and other MP3's. That's My Impression. Re: TMBG: coincidence? Re: TMBG: coincidence? Re: TMBG: Re: how to fix bad mp3s... TMBG: tmbg references a go-go Re: TMBG: coincidence? TMBG: tmbg: I missed the Chicago shows :( Re: TMBG: coincidence? Re: TMBG: coincidence? Re: TMBG: coincidence? Re: TMBG: coincidence? TMBG: Mercury Lounge Re: TMBG: coincidence? TMBG: A very TMBG Christmas Re: TMBG: coincidence? Re: TMBG: Mercury Lounge TMBG: Not the cards again! :) TMBG: A very TMBG Christmas Re: TMBG: coincidence? Re: TMBG: coincidence? Re: TMBG: A very TMBG Christmas Re: TMBG: A very TMBG Christmas TMBG: That Comic book thing... TMBG: Its me again! Re: TMBG: A very TMBG Christmas Re: TMBG: Its me again! TMBG: Leffel (or, Elitza's Useless Post) TMBG: Re: Elitza's Useless Post) TMBG: Lincoln on Then? Re: TMBG: Lincoln on Then? Re: TMBG: Lincoln on Then? TMBG: Jackyl's MP3s TMBG: Re: TMBG - Restless Live Chat/AOL Incompatibility Re: TMBG: Jackyl's MP3s Re: Re: TMBG: floodies Re: TMBG: Jackyl's MP3s TMBG: LIFE IS GOOD!!! TMBG posters found! TMBG: LIFE IS GOOD!!! TMBG posters found! TMBG: <-(-)-> DasNewb Speaks.... Go ahead cry! Re: TMBG: <-(-)-> DasNewb Speaks.... Go ahead cry! TMBG: AOL Incompatibility, Breast Implants, and I need less glucose Re: TMBG: Lincoln on Then? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <344C5409.C0ED9F34@eos.ncsu.edu> Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 03:04:41 -0400 From: "Dennis J. Kim" Organization: Copacetic Subject: TMBG: Re: how to fix bad mp3s... there is another way, the "correct" way, i daresay. the reason you're getting the garbled sound is because the mp3 file you downloaded is a streaming mp3 file. i.e. it is in a format made to be played over the internet. i don't know the technical details, so i can't go into my geek mode on this one (to loud cheers of appreciation). you can use the little program that a previous poster mentioned, or you can save yourself the time of having the program run through those files bit by bit and download them the way they were meant to be. some mp3 players (notably, winplay3 and winamp 1.5) have an option in their respective menus called "play location". it does just that, in the window it gives you, type in the URL of the mp3 file you want to download and the player will stream it. they also give you the option of saving the stream to a local file (one that is playable normally). if you have a slow net connection, you may want to set this option for "save only" instead of "play and save" or whatever it's called. have fun congesting the internet. -- "...the solutions to the most difficult problems in nature have been the ones with the most beauty." -- michio kaku dennis j. kim north carolina state university djkim2@eos.ncsu.edu http://www4.ncsu.edu/~djkim2 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <344C6077.9C4AF98A@deathsdoor.com> Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 17:57:44 +1000 From: Vester Subject: TMBG: coincidence? Hello people... I have been pondering whether or not the bit from Snowball in Hell (Lincoln): "My fantasy is in a Xerox shop" and the bit from Sleeping in the Flowers (John Henry): "I got a crush / Copy shop clerk" were related in any way. Well, the two albums were produced about six years or so apart and it just seems funny... Anyone have any ideas? -- Steven Lawrance ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199710210735.CAA18589@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "mal" Subject: Re: TMBG: coincidence? Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 03:19:36 -0500 > Anyone have any ideas? I think the Johns are gay. Mike "HAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHHAHAHAHAH ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199710210733.CAA18563@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "mal" Subject: TMBG: TMBG and other MP3's. That's My Impression. Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 03:18:00 -0500 Hey kids, space cadets, Sons of Europe, Sons of The Desert... The Cast of SCTV,... The Five People in North America who tried to get THE SINGLE GUY back on the air and are still praying for THE SINGLE GUY MOVIE and take baths with their DIAGNOSIS: MURDER Bubble Bath.... While on a late night/early morn romp on the web, I happened upon a MP3 site that boasts some stuff from a group called El Bosso and Die Ping Pongs. HA! (and a whole Fat Chocobo more of other groups too..) They also have a scant few TMBG ones, but unless you're one of those lowly, runny nosed, no pants, ears full of cheese FLOODIES who scream PLAY BIRDHOUSE!! at poor old George C. "Doctor Strangelove" Scott and mosh with your neighbors dog because you can sell the footage to FOX for another WHEN ANIMALS GET DOWN AND GET FUNKY AT THE EXPENSE OF GRANDDAD'S SOILED DEPENDS special (Hee Hee!) then there's no sense wasting your time here, (looking for THEY) because you most likely own two copies of them (at the least) already. http://www.public.iastate.edu/~flshfire/music.htm And, just on some more randomness, there's an exquisite site, albeit quite usless...really rather useless to be honest..horribly useless... if there were a useless meter it would be on the low end, I imagine... useless... more useless than scurvy....well... maybe not that bad... http://www.magic.ca/~danjr/fifteen.html For a good time, come on over to my place in a nightie. For a bad time, come over to my place and see me in a nightie. That's all for now. Go back to your tax shelters and pray for the end in seven days so you know that your love gift to TBN and to THIS WEEK IN BIBLE PROPHECY did not go to waste, and when your more sensible relatives explain the logistical impossibility of healing someone by touching their stupid foreheads and having two guys simultaneously knock (catch) this person down, you tell them all to go to hell, because you know that believing in crap is more important than having money or looking sane. JOOKY! JOOKY! IT'S A PARTY IN A CAN! "I got a Jooky Sea Captain!" "Argh!" The World Famous- Mike "I've, uh.. I've HAD to knock on wood...um.." Leffel And just because I missed a reference to DUNE that any mentally imbalanced HEADLESS TADPOLE OF SCIENCE would get, I'd like to say that Harlan Ellison is not, I repeat, NOT, trying to assasinate the president. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <344C6C49.6EAFB65D@deathsdoor.com> Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 18:48:10 +1000 From: Vester Subject: Re: TMBG: coincidence? mal wrote: > I think the Johns are gay. > > Mike "HAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHHAHAHAHAH do you realise how much crap you are going to get over that? on what do you base that rather inaccurate information? ------------------------------ From: "Cyborg J. Kucera" Message-Id: <199710211514.KAA04752@peter.atw.earthreach.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: coincidence? Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 10:14:23 -0500 (CDT) > > I think the Johns are gay. > > do you realise how much crap you are going to get over that? > on what do you base that rather inaccurate information? I rather doubt that mal was being serious... But on to other things: Once again I get to spread TMBG to half my college! We have a homecoming thing called "airbands," wherein groups make a tape of no more than four minutes of little snippets of music (or really just four minutes of some sort of music; doesn't have to be little snippets), and for the final event of homecoming, the groups do something on stage to the tape they made... Most groups do "boring, dull, dance around like idiots" kind of things, whereas my group tends to shoot for the "confuse everyone watching" kind of thing. Last year I was able to fit the "I'm insane... I'm insane... I'm insane" bit from Absolutely Bill's Mood, and this year I had just enough time to take the beginning bit from the Kitten Intro and stick it at the beginning, up to "...it makes a noise..." I was happy. later, borg Yes! It's actually BACK! | Cyborg "Pez" Kucera -- pez@earthreach.com WOW: Lepton | http://www.earthreach.com/pez ------------------------------ Message-ID: <344CF3B9.3F9@geocities.com> Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 11:26:01 -0700 From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Organization: The Intergalactic Cult of VoVat Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: how to fix bad mp3s... Dennis J. Kim wrote: > > there is another way, the "correct" way, i daresay. > > the reason you're getting the garbled sound is because the mp3 file you > downloaded is a streaming mp3 file. i.e. it is in a format made to be > played over the internet. i don't know the technical details, so i can't > go into my geek mode on this one (to loud cheers of appreciation). you > can use the little program that a previous poster mentioned, or you can > save yourself the time of having the program run through those files bit > by bit and download them the way they were meant to be. > some mp3 players (notably, winplay3 and winamp 1.5) have an option in > their respective menus called "play location". it does just that, in the > window it gives you, type in the URL of the mp3 file you want to > download and the player will stream it. they also give you the option of > saving the stream to a local file (one that is playable normally). if > you have a slow net connection, you may want to set this option for > "save only" instead of "play and save" or whatever it's called. > > have fun congesting the internet. > I tried the "Play Location" option, but I keep getting a "The requested URL was not found on this server" message, even though I can access the URL with Netscape. -- Nathan Mulac DeHoff vovat@geocities.com or lnvf@grove.iup.edu http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark." ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9710211613.AA11229@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: tmbg references a go-go Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 12:13:29 -0400 (EDT) > I was flipping through an old MAD magazine and stumbled on a TMBG > reference. There was a feature about having baby boomer parents, and one > of the things was "unless you listen to rap, you may have similar music > taste to your parents" and it showed a kid holding a CD which said "they > might be midgets" with his/her(I don't remember) mom smiling at > him/her/it. THIS IS JUST POINTING IT OUT, AND IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO START > THE "PARENTS WHO LIKE TMBG" THREAD FOR THE SIX HUNDREDTH TIME. THANK YOU > FOR YOUR COOPERATION. HAVE A NICE DAY. I'm curious. Why do people bring up subjects and then say, more or less, "Don't talk about this anymore, I had my say about it and that's it". This was a quote directly bringing up the topic of people and their parents and their taste in music and more specifically TMBG. If someone brings up the topic, or especially, you bring up the topic, someone should be able to talk about that, especially if it relates to TMBG. I know everyone likes certain threads and hates other threads. I also know that some people are new and do not know certain threads took place, but everyone should be able to say what they want if it relates to TMBG in some way (even if it's loosely related). If I see something I don't like on here, I basically ignore it, it's a lot less stress for me and everyone, but I don't see why there's a need to type a disclaimer saying nobody should talk about the subject. Just some thoughts floating through my head upon reading this. Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 10:52:37 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: coincidence? Message-ID: On Tue, 21 Oct 1997, Vester wrote: > Hello people... > I have been pondering whether or not the bit from Snowball in Hell > (Lincoln): "My fantasy is in a Xerox shop" and the bit from Sleeping in > the Flowers (John Henry): "I got a crush / Copy shop clerk" were > related in any way. Well, the two albums were produced about six years > or so apart and it just seems funny... > Anyone have any ideas? well... not that it changes your point much, but the lyric from snowball is "my panacea's in a xerox shop". because 'panacea' means 'cure-all', it's not too big a change from 'fantasy'... -jim kuemmerle, who is going to go shopping for johnny cups today. j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668 ps. and there's no way in hell mike leffel was being serious about the gay thing. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199710211701.KAA19985@f82.hotmail.com> From: "Mara Jade" Subject: TMBG: tmbg: I missed the Chicago shows :( Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 10:01:43 PDT Hi all, I'm just sitting here still hating myself for not going to the shows. I even had tickets! It's a long story and I'm not about to bore you with it. I was just wondering if anybody knows of sites that you can DL old dial a song stuff from the early albums? Back when They had enough time to say a few words at the end of the songs. Hey, I just found a mall of sorts that's in some way related to that augiewan person on the list, I think. It's got some cool art anyway. I just signed up for a free cd player there. "I may already be a winner!" http://www.aardvarkavenue.com Yippy! Admiral Daala ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199710211639.LAA02054@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "mal" Subject: Re: TMBG: coincidence? Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 12:23:26 -0500 > > ps. and there's no way in hell mike leffel was being serious about the > gay thing. OH YEAH? WELL LOOK AT THIS! THEY ARE BOTH NAMED JOHN AND THEY ARE SINGLE! YOU CAN'T TELL ME THAT TWO SINGLE GUYS LIVING IN AN APARTMENT IN NEW ORLEANS FOR ALL THOSE YEARS CAN'T GET THE MAGIC DANCE IN THEIR PANTS ONCE AND A WHILE!!! AND I BELIEVE THEY LIKE *COFFEE*! HUH! HUH! KNOW WHAT I MEAN! KNOW WHAT I MEAN! Mike "Rabblerouser of Doom" Leffel This message has no basis in reality at all. I'm just having fun. Glorious fun. More fun than a secretarial pool on April 15th. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 12:04:44 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: coincidence? Message-ID: On Tue, 21 Oct 1997, mal wrote: > > ps. and there's no way in hell mike leffel was being serious about the > > gay thing. see what i mean? i just think there's no way in hell mike leffel is serious. period. :) > OH YEAH? WELL LOOK AT THIS! THEY ARE BOTH > NAMED JOHN AND THEY ARE SINGLE! YOU CAN'T > TELL ME THAT TWO SINGLE GUYS LIVING IN > AN APARTMENT IN NEW ORLEANS FOR ALL THOSE YEARS CAN'T > GET THE MAGIC DANCE IN THEIR PANTS ONCE AND A WHILE!!! > AND I BELIEVE THEY LIKE *COFFEE*! HUH! HUH! > KNOW WHAT I MEAN! KNOW WHAT I MEAN! *say* *no* *more*!! > Mike "Rabblerouser of Doom" Leffel > This message has no basis in reality at all. I'm > just having fun. Glorious fun. More fun > than a secretarial pool on April 15th. more fun than a smoking ass monkey in a meat chair! more fun than a pot of *coffee* -- know what i mean, know what i mean? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19971021151751.0090f290@csrlink.net> Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 15:17:51 -0400 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: Re: TMBG: coincidence? At 10:14 AM 10/21/97 -0500, you wrote: >> > I think the Johns are gay. >> >> do you realise how much crap you are going to get over that? >> on what do you base that rather inaccurate information? > >I rather doubt that mal was being serious... > When was the last time that Leffel Palindrome Leffel actually WAS serious? Other Mike Leffel historians and I believe that it dates back to the Milli Vanilli era of his life. Dylan, who was once one of eight people in a bus bathroom at the same time, all of them singing WDTSS? dflipse@csrlink.net - http://www.geocities.com/Athens/9909/ - "My goal in life is to score a 100 on my SATs."-Dylan My life's just all one big inside joke. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 13:35:51 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: coincidence? Message-ID: On Tue, 21 Oct 1997, Dylan Flipse wrote: > At 10:14 AM 10/21/97 -0500, you wrote: > >> > I think the Johns are gay. > >> > >> do you realise how much crap you are going to get over that? > >> on what do you base that rather inaccurate information? > > > >I rather doubt that mal was being serious... > > > When was the last time that Leffel Palindrome Leffel actually WAS serious? > Other Mike Leffel historians and I believe that it dates back to the Milli > Vanilli era of his life. milli vanilli? oh, dear. that *is* serious. :) jim kuemmerle, who is by no means going to mention the fact that he actually liked the first new kids on the block song that was released. j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199710211941.PAA38326@ns5-1.CC.Lehigh.EDU> Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 15:41:41 EDT From: sbm4@lehigh.edu (Scott McNulty) Subject: TMBG: Mercury Lounge OK so I have heard they They are going to be playing at Mercury Lounge in NYC every Thursday of Nov. and Dec. and since I live in Yonkers, NY when I am not here at school in lovely Bethlehem PA, the town so nice they named it once, I was wondering does anyone know anything about Mercury Lounge? Like where exactly it is, how much they might charge to get in (or is it a cover).. because I really want to see Them there! That would be cool.. I have only seenThem once at the Taste of DC food festival thing last year, and they rocked! So tell me all you know about the Mercury Lounge! THanks. Oh and if anyone else is plannign to go at the same time perhaps we could meet or something.... Your Favorite Emale, Scott "What's that blue thing doing here!" McNulty ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 15:01:23 -0600 (GMT-0600) From: "It's done with mirrors" Subject: Re: TMBG: coincidence? Message-ID: > > >I rather doubt that mal was being serious... > > > > > When was the last time that Leffel Palindrome Leffel actually WAS serious? > > Other Mike Leffel historians and I believe that it dates back to the Milli > > Vanilli era of his life. > > milli vanilli? oh, dear. that *is* serious. :) I don't think that even then he was serious, except when he was overheard saying "I really like this new band, Milli Vanilli...They are _so good_!" Anyway...I"m sure he was just trying to raise hell on the list, like he did so well with the infamous TMBG trading cards! Amy, who has an extra "What's that Blue Thing Doing Here #354" and will trade for anything from the Factory Showroom Holographic Series ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 15:44:59 -0400 Subject: TMBG: A very TMBG Christmas Message-ID: <19971021.155437.4422.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> I was thinking the other day about how I can't wait to get O Tannenbaum in the mail... and it made me think... there are more TMBG (or related) Christmas songs... So i decided to put together a tape for my holiday season this year... so far I have: O Tannenbaum - O Tannenbaum Christmas Cards - O Tannenbaum Santa's Beard - Lincoln Careless Santa - Mono Puff, Unsupervised Auld Lang Syne - 12-31-89 Knitting Factory We Just Go Nuts At Christmas Time - PODAS That's ALL I can think of, but I'm SURE there's something else... ( I use that too much in my posts) Anyone wanna help me out? Any Squirrel Nut Zippers or Ben Folds Five Christmas songs would be cool too (Besides "Santa Clause is Smoking Reefer" - SNZ, Sold Out) Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 14:01:45 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: coincidence? Message-ID: On Tue, 21 Oct 1997, It's done with mirrors wrote: > I don't think that even then he was serious, except when he was overheard > saying "I really like this new band, Milli Vanilli...They are _so good_!" > Anyway...I"m sure he was just trying to raise hell on the list, like he > did so well with the infamous TMBG trading cards! > > Amy, who has an extra "What's that Blue Thing Doing Here #354" and will > trade for anything from the Factory Showroom Holographic Series hmmm... i am (relatively) new to the mailing list, so i'm not familiar with the trading cards. what's the scoop with that? -jim kuemmerle, who has a few pieces of dirt lying around, but not the trading cards. j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <344D1164.658@ix.netcom.com> Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 16:32:36 -0400 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: wekbuh (WECB) Subject: Re: TMBG: Mercury Lounge > So tell me all you know about the Mercury Lounge! THanks. Oh and if anyone > else is planning to go at the same time perhaps we could meet or something.... Ahhh, the Mercury Lounge. This is quite possibly the best place to see *any* band, especially Them. I forget the exact street location (I was distracted by the rather strange night securty guy who parked Rob Plass' car), but I do know this: You need, need, need ID. The bouncers are nice and all, but they're strict. They sell the tickets there (not through Ticket Master or any other evil demon) and they're usually about 10-12 dollars a pop. The place reminds me of someone's basement for some reason, but in that good, rec room kinda way. All I can say is: See Them at the Mercury Lounge. You'll love it. Amanda ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 15:55:04 -0600 (GMT-0600) From: "It's done with mirrors" Subject: TMBG: Not the cards again! :) Message-ID: > hmmm... i am (relatively) new to the mailing list, so i'm not familiar > with the trading cards. what's the scoop with that? Yeah! I think I was one of the only people who liked the TMBG Trading Cards (or, as they became known, AKA's [because Hallmark apparently copyrighted the word card, and we didn't want to go through the legal hassle]) It all started with one person (Leffel Palindrome Leffel) innocently saying that it would be cool to make them, and we all started making up our favorite AKA's. Some people even drew their own, and an attempt was made to catalog all of them, but I"m not sure how that all ended up because I left the list as people were getting really annoyed with things. (It became the usual "This thread has gone on forever, and it's annoying, and it's not related to TMBG [even though it was] and I'm getting really sick of it") So anyway, there ya go. **************** Amy Greenlese :) Music Educator Extraordinare http://www2.onu.edu/~stu1336 "I have seen slower people than I am -- and even quieter, and more listless, and lazier people than I am. But they were dead." - Mark Twain ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9710212115.AA11550@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: A very TMBG Christmas Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 17:15:55 -0400 (EDT) > I was thinking the other day about how I can't wait to get O Tannenbaum > in the mail... and it made me think... there are more TMBG (or related) > Christmas songs... So i decided to put together a tape for my holiday > season this year... so far I have: > O Tannenbaum - O Tannenbaum > Christmas Cards - O Tannenbaum > Santa's Beard - Lincoln > Careless Santa - Mono Puff, Unsupervised > Auld Lang Syne - 12-31-89 Knitting Factory > We Just Go Nuts At Christmas Time - PODAS > Well, if you'd like to stretch it to Monopuff, you could add Careless Santa (even though Flans says it's not about Christmas). Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199710212137.QAA07881@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "mal" Subject: Re: TMBG: coincidence? Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 17:08:13 -0500 > hmmm... i am (relatively) new to the mailing list, so i'm not familiar > with the trading cards. what's the scoop with that? > > -jim kuemmerle, who has a few pieces of dirt lying around, but not the > trading cards. > YOU MISSED THE TRADING CARDS!?!?! You poor thing!!!! Through some odd list evolution, Me and some other folks came up with the idea of Trading Cards for they. Some other kid made a joke about how hallmark sued because of the word CARDS, so the joke was TMBG AKA. I liked it a lot. This is the big list of cards that most listies made... http://www.weblink.org/weblink/tmbg/ Here's the attempt I made to make some using my crappy computer. I simply CANNOT do anything with a mouse, so I stopped. I was trying to actually DRAW some, but I procrastinated, then got sick. It;s currently on hold, as well as my TMBG COMIC BOOK project.. http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~broz/tmbg.html Mike "Forerunner of Doom" Leffel ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199710212137.QAA07891@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "mal" Subject: Re: TMBG: coincidence? Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 17:15:38 -0500 > When was the last time that Leffel Palindrome Leffel actually WAS serious? 1947. I had two jerries on my tail and my gunner was out cold. I tried to outfly the kaiser's men but they were good. Too good. Some sort of man-made pilots, I assume. I flew until I was out of petrol, my ammunition gone. I made an emergency crash landing in a block of flats, but the zeppelins saw me. Because of me, three hundred people were shelled in their sleep. Because of me and my bind ambition to get to Poland to see my love, Annabelle, THREE HUNDRED PEOPLE QUIT THE EARTH! BECAUSE OF ME THEY ALL DIED!!! EVERY LAST ONE!!!!!!!! ...and the wench said she just wanted to be friends. :P > Other Mike Leffel historians and I believe that it dates back to the Milli > Vanilli era of his life. > I play my episode of SUPER MARIO BROTHERS with guest stars MILLI VANILLI every night before I go to bed. Blame THAT on the rain, Joey! Ha! Warp Hole MY ASS! > Dylan, who was once one of eight people in a bus bathroom at the same time, > all of them singing WDTSS? > I think that is cooler than anything. Mike "MA NEM IZ MISTUH FWEEZE" Leffel ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 18:34:08 -0400 Message-Id: <199710212234.SAA21430@ussodyssey.ufp.org> From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: A very TMBG Christmas At 05:15 PM 10/21/97 -0400, you wrote: >> I was thinking the other day about how I can't wait to get O Tannenbaum >> in the mail... and it made me think... there are more TMBG (or related) >> Christmas songs... So i decided to put together a tape for my holiday >> season this year... so far I have: >> O Tannenbaum - O Tannenbaum >> Christmas Cards - O Tannenbaum >> Santa's Beard - Lincoln >> Careless Santa - Mono Puff, Unsupervised >> Auld Lang Syne - 12-31-89 Knitting Factory >> We Just Go Nuts At Christmas Time - PODAS >> >Well, if you'd like to stretch it to Monopuff, you could add Careless >Santa (even though Flans says it's not about Christmas). >Matt I don't mean to be critical, but that seems to already appear in his list. Mitcharf ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19971021183900.00888480@csrlink.net> Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 18:39:00 -0400 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: Re: TMBG: A very TMBG Christmas At 05:15 PM 10/21/97 -0400, you wrote: >> I was thinking the other day about how I can't wait to get O Tannenbaum >> in the mail... and it made me think... there are more TMBG (or related) >> Christmas songs... So i decided to put together a tape for my holiday >> season this year... so far I have: >> O Tannenbaum - O Tannenbaum >> Christmas Cards - O Tannenbaum >> Santa's Beard - Lincoln >> Careless Santa - Mono Puff, Unsupervised >> Auld Lang Syne - 12-31-89 Knitting Factory >> We Just Go Nuts At Christmas Time - PODAS >> >Well, if you'd like to stretch it to Monopuff, you could add Careless >Santa (even though Flans says it's not about Christmas). >Matt > And the next day the headlines read, "Matt James Has Finally Lost It, Millions Saw It Coming." Perhaps Mike Leffel had something to do with this. Dylan "I gotta include the word Leffel in every post" Flipse dflipse@csrlink.net - http://www.geocities.com/Athens/9909/ - "My goal in life is to score a 100 on my SATs."-Dylan My life's just all one big inside joke. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 17:49:43 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: TMBG: That Comic book thing... Message-ID: Mike Leffel made me remember something. Now knowing that he fought in World War One and was, most likely, the instigator of Dada, I wanted to ask the List a-something. Remember last summer, kiddies? Or was it two summers ago? When Cuper Valentino and I decided that a TMBG comic book for the list, to the list, and by the list would be a really, really fun idea? And remember how Cuper mysteriously left and gave no forwarding address? And remember how the comic book project was put indefinitely on hold? And remember how I hated my drawing and decided to do it over again, but realized that I didn't know if the danged project was going to go through anyway, so didn't bother? Yet? Oh...wait...that was just me. But anyway, what ever happend to the TMBG List Comic Book Project? Did anyone ever finish their stuff and send it to Cuper? Is Cuper even still in the country, or did he have to flee to Mexico or something? Answers, people, I want answers! Well, not immediately. I'm taking a class called Paris and Berlin in the 1920's (can you say elective?), and so my New Favorite Quote is, "Don't worry, you can make a comeback! Look what happened for Kaiser Wilhelm!" - Pinky to the Brain... Stefanie "I think that Leffel boy is _quite_ amusing" Elliott smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu *http://php.indiana.edu/~smelliot/home.html Craig Kilborn is cool! http://php.indiana.edu/~smelliot/craig.html "Oh no, it does not move me- even though I've seen the movie. I don't want to check your pulse, I don't want nobody else. I don't want to go to Chelsea." -Elvis Costello, "(I don't want to go to) Chelsea" ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199710212251.SAA86288@ns1-1.CC.Lehigh.EDU> Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 18:51:26 EDT From: sbm4@lehigh.edu (Scott McNulty) Subject: TMBG: Its me again! OK so I see there was recently a lot of talk about mpeg3s, but silly me I deleted all those messages before I thought to check them out (the sites with the mpegs that is) so could someone tell me where to go (TO GET THE MPEG3s SILLY!). Thanks. Scott "Two posts, one day.. mere coincidence?" McNulty??? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199710212216.RAA08544@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "mal" Subject: Re: TMBG: A very TMBG Christmas Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 17:51:45 -0500 > > > And the next day the headlines read, "Matt James Has Finally Lost It, > Millions Saw It Coming." Quick! Grab his Life's Savings! :) >Perhaps Mike Leffel had something to do with this. > Hey! He is! He told me himself! >>I feel the pressure coming, I'm going to crack up! >>Dick Nibbler Mike "It's OK.. he's got lots of canned goods in his cellar.." Leffel ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199710212226.RAA08676@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "mal" Subject: Re: TMBG: Its me again! Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 18:11:12 -0500 > > OK so I see there was recently a lot of talk about mpeg3s, but silly me I > deleted all those messages before I thought to check them out (the sites with > the mpegs that is) so could someone tell me where to go (TO GET THE MPEG3s > SILLY!). > > > Thanks. > Here's the big controversial one.. http://www.the-b.org/~jackyl/mp3/ Here's another.. http://www.public.iastate.edu/~flshfire/music.htm Here's Another... http://tmbg.res.cmu.edu/irc.html Here's another... http://blamo.simplenet.com/tmbg/ > Scott "Two posts, one day.. mere coincidence?" McNulty??? Mike "It's no coincidence.. The Johns are as gay as Dan Fielding" Leffel ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 19:14:08 -0400 (EDT) From: Elitza Subject: TMBG: Leffel (or, Elitza's Useless Post) Message-ID: Hey/hay, I don't know what possessed anyone to have the slightest idea that Leffel might be the tiniest bit serious. He's a great guy though, and very funny. I brought AKA's up a while back and was immediately chastised. :( It was possibly one my favorite threads of the year I've been on the List. *Elitza celebrates her first anniversary* woo woo! ***Disclaimer*** There aren't very many people that will understand the next part of this post. If you don't, don't feel bad, and please don't ask for an explanation. It's way too old. To most of you, it will seem like a waste of space. Just forget about it. :) I was in the Gordon Food Service marketplace last week helping my mom prepare for a catering venture. This place is abnormally large and filled with all sorts of restaurant-y things, like huge cases of food and assorted utensils. Anyway, it seemed like everywhere I lokked there was Country Time Lemonade in one form or another- Country Time powder concentrate, Country Time liquid concentrate, Country Time frozen concentrate, Country Time in huge cases of cans... it was rather frightening. ;) Elitza Nicolaou can be reached at or Visit her (please!) at http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Quad/1317/ "Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been." -The Grateful Dead ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199710212254.RAA09252@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "mal" Subject: TMBG: Re: Elitza's Useless Post) Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 18:38:50 -0500 > I was in the Gordon Food Service marketplace last week helping my mom > prepare for a catering venture. This place is abnormally large and filled > with all sorts of restaurant-y things, like huge cases of food and > assorted utensils. Anyway, it seemed like everywhere I lokked there was > Country Time Lemonade in one form or another- Country Time powder > concentrate, Country Time liquid concentrate, Country Time frozen > concentrate, Country Time in huge cases of cans... it was rather > frightening. ;) > HAHAHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHAHAHAAA!! I've had too much Country Time Lem'n Berry Sippers lately... Mike "One scoop'll do me!" Leffel ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19971021194352.00696314@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 19:43:52 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Lincoln on Then? I searched Music Central (http://musiccentral.msn.com) for Lincoln (the band, that is), and it said they were contributing performers on Then: The Earlier Years. I thought that was pretty funny, for some reason. -Adam ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19971021195749.00902100@csrlink.net> Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 19:57:49 -0400 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: Re: TMBG: Lincoln on Then? At 07:43 PM 10/21/97 -0400, you wrote: >I searched Music Central (http://musiccentral.msn.com) for Lincoln (the >band, that is), and it said they were contributing performers on Then: The >Earlier Years. I thought that was pretty funny, for some reason. > >-Adam > I do believe that it means that the ALBUM Lincoln contributed to Then:TEY (The Earlier Years) (Remember the big bit about acronyms? I do.) I'm pretty sure the dudes in Lincoln were listening to Milli Vanilli about the time that Misc T came out, so I doubt they were helping out on that too much. But what do I know? You really oughta ask Mike Leffel. Dylan "I got my Leffel mention in, did you? HUH, DID YOU PUNK?" Flipse dflipse@csrlink.net - http://www.geocities.com/Athens/9909/ - "My goal in life is to score a 100 on my SATs."-Dylan My life's just all one big inside joke. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19971021200217.006a1c4c@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 20:02:17 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Lincoln on Then? Truly, it really is a mistake on the part of Music Central. It's listed under the discography for 'Lincoln', the band. Look it up if you don't believe me. :) -Adam At 07:57 PM 10/21/97 -0400, you wrote: >I do believe that it means that the ALBUM Lincoln contributed to Then:TEY >(The Earlier Years) (Remember the big bit about acronyms? I do.) I'm pretty >sure the dudes in Lincoln were listening to Milli Vanilli about the time >that Misc T came out, so I doubt they were helping out on that too much. >But what do I know? You really oughta ask Mike Leffel. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 19:50:43 -0500 (CDT) From: Brandon Callison Subject: TMBG: Jackyl's MP3s Message-ID: Ok, y'all. This is the problem. I run the Jackyl site... Evidently, I assume the web server doesn't recognize MP3s as binaries. I don't know much about servers, but there is an easy way to remedy this problem. I am going to zip up all the MP3s. That'll take a hell of a lot of time for me, but you all will be able to easily enjoy everything. I can't believe how much mail my site caused. =) I'm going to start working on that tonight, so it'll probably be ready tomorrow or late tonight. Brandon aka Jackyl ------------------------------ From: ArwenAnaNg@aol.com Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 21:20:11 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <971021192800_1667637814@emout12.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG - Restless Live Chat/AOL Incompatibility >>iChat is currently incompatible with the default browser offered through America >>Online. To use iChat you need to download either Internet Explorer 3.0+ or >>Netscape Navigator 2.0+ and set one of them up as a default browser. Anyone on AOL out there who can help me figure out how I can be a part of this? I thought AOL used IE3.0? Please email me directly, thanks! >> Rob just found out that Restless is holding a live chat with >>everyone's favorite Johns on Oct 23rd starting at 9pm and asked if I >>would be so kind as to tell the rest of you exquisite living people the >>good news. You have to sign up for pathfinder (I think), but check it >>out at http://www.restless.com Go to the Live Chat square and you'll be >>bombarded with goodies and info on things giant. >>Hope to see you there! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19971021212614.0069bba0@130.127.28.14> Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 21:26:14 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Jackyl's MP3s You could ask the sysadmin to declare a MIME type for MP3 files...see, a lot of servers automatically transfer files without declared MIME types to text. I had that experience with RealAudio earlier this year. TTYL, -Adam At 07:50 PM 10/21/97 -0500, you wrote: > > Ok, y'all. This is the problem. I run the Jackyl site... Evidently, I >assume the web server doesn't recognize MP3s as binaries. I don't know >much about servers, but there is an easy way to remedy this problem. I am >going to zip up all the MP3s. That'll take a hell of a lot of time for >me, but you all will be able to easily enjoy everything. I can't believe >how much mail my site caused. =) I'm going to start working on that >tonight, so it'll probably be ready tomorrow or late tonight. > >Brandon aka Jackyl > > > > /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: Oilcan1045@aol.com Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 21:42:57 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <971021214256_424310668@mrin41.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: floodies In a message dated 10/19/97 11:14:53 PM, you wrote: <> Yeah, 'cept my copy of Flood isn't incrusted with spit. And it doesn't work particularly well in a CD player (it just takes on a brownish tint and starts to smell funny). Tim "Rodeo Smasher" Schaefer ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 21:00:13 -0500 (CDT) From: Brandon Callison Subject: Re: TMBG: Jackyl's MP3s Message-ID: The sysadmin being my best friend, and a person I know to be lazy. =) I did what I said I was going to do already anyway. It looks nice too. I cleaned everything up. I encourage everyone to take a look. And don't feel shy about downloading now, because it all works! Yay! Brandon ------------------------------ Message-ID: <344D69BC.AF7B2E9F@ibm.net> Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 22:49:33 -0400 From: Robyn Miller Subject: TMBG: LIFE IS GOOD!!! TMBG posters found! Hey there my friends! I was trekking around my town of Athens, GA today when I went into Junkman's Daughter's Brother for about the 100th time in my life. Like usual, I was casually looking through the posters when I saw the DLS Snowman staring at me! I freaked out! I was ECSTATIC!!! A TMBG poster!!! I ACTUALLY FOUND ONE!!! I was so excited I bought two (one for my dorm wall, and one to keep all nice and neat as a collector's item). It seems to be a Germany tour poster of some sort. Even though it it old and only in 3 colors (red, black, & white) it still kicks butt! I've been in such a GREAT mood since then. Just thought I'd share that. So, all you TMBGers out there... if you live near Athens and need a poster-- there's still ONE LEFT (not counting the one on display) !!! It's just $6, so go get it! Just thought I'd spread the joy! -Robyn- (ew0k) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <344D6C0B.24A17AE1@ibm.net> Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 22:59:24 -0400 From: Robyn Miller Subject: TMBG: LIFE IS GOOD!!! TMBG posters found! Hey there my friends! I was trekking around my town of Athens, GA today when I went into Junkman's Daughter's Brother for about the 100th time in my life. Like usual, I was casually looking through the posters when I saw the DLS Snowman staring at me! I freaked out! I was ECSTATIC!!! A TMBG poster!!! I ACTUALLY FOUND ONE!!! I was so excited I bought two (one for my dorm wall, and one to keep all nice and neat as a collector's item). It seems to be a Germany tour poster of some sort. Even though it it old and only in 3 colors (red, black, & white) it still kicks butt! I've been in such a GREAT mood since then. Just thought I'd share that. So, all you TMBGers out there... if you live near Athens and need a poster-- there's still ONE LEFT (not counting the one on display) !!! It's just $6, so go get it! Just thought I'd spread the joy! -Robyn- (ew0k) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <344D6D16.21A@CYBNETONLINE.COM> Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 22:03:50 -0500 From: "S. Struble" Subject: TMBG: <-(-)-> DasNewb Speaks.... Go ahead cry! A few not-so interesting Questions! Is it just me or if people say they like They, and then they start going on about John Henry, that they don't really like They? uhhhh, got to add some Questions, I lost my original thought! [INSERT QUESTION HERE]? Mmmmmm Tiny Toons! Sanity is WAAAAY over rated! S. Struble or The Idol Virus ------------------------------ Message-ID: <344D9CEA.DA9@geocities.com> Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 23:27:54 -0700 From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Organization: The Intergalactic Cult of VoVat Subject: Re: TMBG: <-(-)-> DasNewb Speaks.... Go ahead cry! S. Struble wrote: > > A few not-so interesting Questions! > > Is it just me or if people say they like They, and then they start going > on about John Henry, that they don't really like They? > Your question is a bit ungrammatical. I assume you mean: Is it just me, or is it true that when people say that they like They, and then go on about "John Henry," they don't really like They? My response would be "No." If someone likes "John Henry," then they do like TMBG (at least on one album). > uhhhh, got to add some Questions, I lost my original thought! > > [INSERT QUESTION HERE]? How can I sing like a girl, and not be stigmatized by the rest of the world? -- Nathan Mulac DeHoff vovat@geocities.com or lnvf@grove.iup.edu http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark." ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199710220513.AAA16759@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "mal" Subject: TMBG: AOL Incompatibility, Breast Implants, and I need less glucose Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 00:09:39 -0500 Ummm... can anyone confirm what I believe the last line to TRUMAN is to be? ^_^ >>Go to the Live Chat square and you'll be > >>bombarded with goodies and info on things giant. > >>Hope to see you there! Well gentlemen, let's first define our terms. Are we talking about reapportionment or restructurization... Yikes! After I press that, it says the thing is not responding! I hope I don't miss it!! Mike "I asked John Linnell if he wanted to be on The Simpsons" Leffel P.S. Arwen, my crappy computer treats ICQ like Anna Nicole Smith rejects silicon, so that would explain my absence. Mike "What.. he can't accept silicon either?" Leffel Mmm... Anna Nicole Smith... Mmmmm... Free Goo.... Mmmmm... Tony Randall.... ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199710220520.AAA17818@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "mal" Subject: Re: TMBG: Lincoln on Then? Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 00:16:22 -0500 > I do believe that it means that the ALBUM Lincoln contributed to Then:TEY > (The Earlier Years) (Remember the big bit about acronyms? I do.) MMO KLL EEDE FIUI SHH MML :OO{ JMSJUU MMMK <>L: >I'm pretty > sure the dudes in Lincoln were listening to Milli Vanilli about the time > that Misc T came out, so I doubt they were helping out on that too much. > But what do I know? You really oughta ask Mike Leffel. > ATTENTION! AT THIS TIME I AM NO LONGER RELATING MY MILLI VANILLI STORIES AS ADVISED BY THEIR LAWYERS. HOWEVER, I WILL HAVE MY BOOK _Is This Thing On?_ SOON PUBLISHED BY RANDOM HOUSE/TAKARA INDUSTRIES. IN IT YOU WILL FIND EXCLUSIVE MILLI VANILLI STORIES, PHOTOS AND NEVER BEFORE SEEN EXCERPTS FROM THEIR DIARIES. "Dear Diary.. today, Vanilli was a total biatch. I think I'll talk to David about turning this rollercoaster of fun into what it was in the beginning... back to MILLI/NORM PETERSON!" YES FOLKS, FOR ONLY $19.95 YOU CAN OWN THIS FABULOUS BOOK BY ME, MIKE LEFFEL. YOU CAN PRERDER THIS AT http:\\www.amazon.com > Dylan "I got my Leffel mention in, did you? HUH, DID YOU PUNK?" Flipse Mike "There will be NO DANCING!" Lithgow http://www.geocities.com/Athens/9909/ - ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-294 ******************************