Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-299 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 299 Monday, 27 October 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: iseveryonedead? Re: TMBG: coincidence? Re: TMBG: iseveryonedead? TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-298 TMBG: Enough is enough! Work, darn you!!! TMBG: I'm thinking of an unrelated thing Re: TMBG: I'm not a real Jedi, but they call.... me...... Augie....Waaaaaaaaaaaa TMBG: TMBG / Hemingway Re: TMBG: I'm not a real Jedi, but they call.... me...... Augie....Waaaaaaaaaaaa TMBG: New mp3! from 10/23 TMBG: my web server TMBG: Need set list!!!!!! Re: TMBG: Cleveland show TMBG: Live recordings of Rest Awile, Dr. Worm, and Trobourogh Bridge? TMBG: Breakfast with the Giants? TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-298 TMBG: mp3 bootlegs? TMBG: Ween / Moby (no TMBG) Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-298 Re: TMBG: I'm thinking of an unrelated thing TMBG: We Might Be Giants, Too sound clips Re: TMBG: Breakfast with the Giants? Re: TMBG: Cleveland show Re: TMBG: Breakfast with the Giants? Re: TMBG: I'm thinking of an unrelated thing Re: TMBG: Breakfast with the Giants? TMBG: Wants to see the sign TMBG: MP3's TMBG: TMBG double CD thingy TMBG: angel en concerto TMBG: TMBG double CD thingy Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "Augie-Wan" Subject: TMBG: iseveryonedead? Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 02:24:03 -0500 Message-Id: <07261275000638@dancingink.com> Yo! Hey! I've sent two posts up since yesterday and neither made it to the list. I also haven't received any posts from the mighty list since 4:00pm (it's now 3:30am) WHAT'S UP???? ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 21:06:29 +1100 From: "Royce M Lee" Message-ID: <62v8kb$86j@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: Re: TMBG: coincidence? http://www.home.aone.net.au/parvenu mal wrote in message <199710212137.QAA07881@cereal.ncfcomm.com>... > > >> hmmm... i am (relatively) new to the mailing list, so i'm not familiar >> with the trading cards. what's the scoop with that? >> >> -jim kuemmerle, who has a few pieces of dirt lying around, but not the >> trading cards. >> > >YOU MISSED THE TRADING CARDS!?!?! You poor thing!!!! > >Through some odd list evolution, Me and some other >folks came up with the idea of Trading >Cards for they. Some other kid made a joke about how >hallmark sued because of the word CARDS, so the joke >was TMBG AKA. I liked it a lot. > Some kid?!!! Actually, I am 24. But kinda flattered that you mistook me for someone younger *blush*. Also to any newbies who want to hear the tale of a real dedicated fan who travelled over 3000 miles in 5 days to see 5 TMBG concerts and 1 tv appearance in Oz go to my webpage below and follow the links. Have a day, folks Royce M. Lee Parvenu Design parvenu@powerup.com.au http://www.home.aone.net.au/parvenu ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 07:38:17 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: iseveryonedead? Message-ID: On Sun, 26 Oct 1997, Augie-Wan wrote: > Yo! Hey! I've sent two posts up since yesterday and neither made it to the > list. I also haven't received any posts from the mighty list since 4:00pm > (it's now 3:30am) WHAT'S UP???? everyone is dead. i am one of the last remaining survivors. it was horrible. first there was a hideous noise coming from the sky, a terrible terrible roar. and then everybody was impaled by small yellow wooden spikes falling from the sky, and there was nothing we could do about it. people were running and screaming, but no matter what how fast they ran, they couldn't escape the pencils. some had 50 or more lodged in their bodies. and then they all returned as bags of groceries accidentally taken off the shelf before the expiration date... -jim kuemmerle, who narrowly escaped with his life, but who cannot speak of a nobler cause than dying in this manner.... ------------------------------ From: Healfdene@aol.com Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 10:56:28 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <971026105519_1994404458@emout06.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-298 How do I get off this list? ------------------------------ From: "Augie-Wan" Subject: TMBG: Enough is enough! Work, darn you!!! Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 11:42:10 -0500 Message-Id: <16443612500745@dancingink.com> HI! If you get this, then I'm a hoopy doopy happy people person. :) I just don't get it! There was a post, a beautiful post, a post that I wrote at 3:00 in the morning Saturday. It wasn't "Mike Leffel" witty, but I was tired (very tired) which usually makes for a much more entertaining post coming from me. It saddens me that it didn't go through. :( I even resent it at 4:00 in the evening that day. But no post was found in my mailbox, hence none of you (my family) got it either. I believe that maybe it's size was a factor, for it was much long. It was by no means the size of the book our buddy Mike"I promise not to say his name again"Leffel wrote the other day. (I think that might be why the list won't let longer posts through now) anyway, before this post gets much longer, I will highlight the main points/questions from that lost post and cut out all the fluff..... 1) I apologized to Jim for slamming his post about the folk dancing. "Sorry :)" 2) I mentioned that I have an evil twin also named AugieWan that rears his ugly little head once in a while and spouts on and on about his Jedi Dreams. You can just ignore him if you wish. 3) I wanted INFO: Will one of you people out there with access to LOTS of server space, let me put a single page up with some downloadable TMBG stuff on it? I have a bunch of stuff that I would like to share, but I can't afford to buy server space. 4) I once offered to send a bunch of songs to everybody that wanted them by e-mail. I tried. I SWEAR! My e-mail sucks! This is why I want the page mentioned above. I WANT TO SHARE WITH THE WORLD! There was more but I'll put it on a different post......can't get too long ya know! See ya, AugieWan ------------------------------ From: "Augie-Wan" Subject: TMBG: I'm thinking of an unrelated thing Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 11:47:50 -0500 Message-Id: <16500171800752@dancingink.com> Does anyone know if the rest of Cub's music is as cool as NYC? I'm going to be ordering some CD's and I was just wondering. Are there any Squirrel Nut Zippers fans out there? I just got a neat little CD from them called "Roasted Right" It's got four songs from before their Mammoth contract. IS COOL! actually two of the songs are just earlier versions of songs from The Inevitable. OK that was my little post-on-a-different-subject. If Y'ALL can do it for "FuverDudes" and "Naked Women" I can do it too! (don't flame me don't flame me don't flame me please) I should just finish this post. I'm sure you've all jumped to the next post by now or are getting really antsy to do so. By the way..... I know that's not the right names for those bands so don't bring it up :) (where can I dl some songs from them so I can hear them and stop talking about them in total ignorance?) Augie"I finally got to hear Live in NY"Wan ( it's vedy vedy goot ) :) ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 11:50:44 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <971026114841_-1796090723@emout09.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: I'm not a real Jedi, but they call.... me...... Augie....Waaaaaaaaaaaa In a message dated 10/26/97 2:07:55 AM,"Augie-Wan" wrote: >Hee Hee........ Oh no! he's taking over! Must.................Go >..............To ..................BED! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! Never! I live >to haunt the TMBG list again. OOOOOUCH! >Sorry all of you, I had to hit him with my mouse. Hey, it stopped working! >You all owe me a mouse for saving the list from "Tales of a Sad Sad Jedi" Oh. Now I remember why I haven't read the list in 3 months. sarah http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 11:06:47 -0600 (CST) From: Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: TMBG: TMBG / Hemingway Message-ID: I think Nicole the Wonder Nerd said...or wait, was it Christy? (sorry, I'm on the digest so I'm just cuttin' and pastin' and not paying a whole lot of attention): > I was going to expand it to cover all disciplines( Unrelated Thing for > English (it's sooooo Hemingway-esque, methinks), JKP for US History, > etc.) but didn't have time. By golly, you're right! Unrelated Thing is so Hemingway! That never even dawned on me! Wow! Read his short story "Hills Like White Elephants" and then listen to Unrelated Thing. That is sooooo cool! That is Hemingway dialogue if I ever heard it. Oh, and I got to read the children's book _Nightgown of the Sullen Moon_ to a little kid yesterday at the Lincoln Children's Museum. It was very cool. :) --Tara -- Tara Weber 00085244@bigred.unl.edu, Ondine@tmbg.org http://members.tripod.com/~TaraW "We want everybody to have a good time, but we're not on a rock hero trip." --John Flansburgh "It's more of a rock gyro trip." --John Linnell ****MSTie #74191, TMBGer #38978**** ------------------------------ From: "Augie-Wan" Subject: Re: TMBG: I'm not a real Jedi, but they call.... me...... Augie....Waaaaaaaaaaaa Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 12:12:10 -0500 Message-Id: <17141968700767@dancingink.com> < Oh. Now I remember why I haven't read the list in 3 months. Hey now, that post would have made alot more sense if the letter I tried to post 3 minutes before it had actually gone through. He's EVIL can't you see that! Hee Hee! Augie"the good guy"Wan and Augie"the evil twin"Wan ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19971026174547.0074d384@cyrus.andrew.cmu.edu> Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 12:45:47 -0500 From: Josh Subject: TMBG: New mp3! from 10/23 Hey! As some of you might of heard Linnell has song the Ace of Base song "The Sign" during the middle of Particle Man for a couple shows. I got this on tape 10/23 and it is quite hilarious...d/l it now!! Josh http://tmbg.res.cmu.edu/irc.html Special Offer Page ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19971026200213.00748874@cyrus.andrew.cmu.edu> Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 15:02:13 -0500 From: Josh Subject: TMBG: my web server I know my server is a bit slow...I will improve this soon Josh ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 16:12:15 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Need set list!!!!!! Message-ID: <19971026.161217.17790.1.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Does anyone have an official set list from the concert at Kenyon College from last April? I really need it, so could somebody e-mail it to me? Thanks a lot! Your psychotically deranged yet friendly pal, Evan R Kleve P.S. GO TRIBE!!!!!!!!! THE INDIANS MUST WIN!!! TONIGHT DECIDES IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 16:10:23 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Cleveland show Message-ID: <19971026.161217.17790.0.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) On Fri, 24 Oct 1997 14:47:27 -0400 (EDT) Lawrence P Solomon writes: Ah, I finally have time to post about this concert from last Thursday! Here goes. >The Agora, at least the part of it where the concert was, is a very >small place. Maybe as big as a large kitchen, but without the >counters... and has a raised floor around the edge. there was no >fence >in front of the stage, just boxes with the monitors on them (the stage >is so small that the monitors won't fit on it). I was very surprised that the concert was in that room of the Agora. They played there December of 1996 and it was in the huge auditorium. There were good and bad things about this. The good thing is that I got up in the VERY front and was two feet away from both Johns!! That's the closest I've ever been to Linnell. I could've reached out and touched him but I don't think he would've appretiated that very much. It was a very intimate setting. But my complaint about that room is that it is horrible for sound. The people in front of the stage have a lot of trouble understanding the lyrics, or even hearing sometimes. I know that it is the room's fault because I saw the Rugburns there and I had the same complaint. >unfortunately, the >crowd >was very poorly behaved, especially towards the end. there were lots >of >people in the air... people being tossed around, getting kicked in the >head... and so on. Ah yes, I was one of the lucky ones to get kicked in the head! When Flans saw this he actually stopped the music and said "I hate to say this, but the grunge era is over." The crowd responded with greatful cheers. >Lincoln played... normal set, (but they didn't play Basketball, which >struck me as odd...), brought the harmonica back on Stepping Stone >(which was absent in DC). and then they left... I LOVED Lincoln! They were so great, I might even have to look into buying their CD. They sounded very good, played together, perfect background vocals. They did an awesome job with that Monkeys song! I absolutely loved the live version of Dr. Worm. Something about that song gets me so giddy, I can't explain it. I might've been able to understand the mystery verse if the sound system didn't suck so much. Oh well. The accordian was awesome, everything about it was great. I've never seen Linnell in such a great mood before, and I've been to 4 concerts. He was smiling a lot and enjoying himself a lot. It was great. When he's happy, everyone's happy! Rest Awhile was absolutely amazing. My only complaint was it needed to be longer. I hope I can get a recording of it sometime. >the did the Planet of the Apes thing, but it didn't turn out that >great... Well, I must say that this was a disaster. They started playing some chords and Flans completely lost his train of thought and didn't bother to finish it. But he redeemed himself by saying "These spontatneous things take a bit of planning." This concert was different and infinately more intimate than any other show I've been to, and it was truly great. I only wish I could be lucky enough to hear Where Your Eyes Don't Go at a concert sometime in my life. Also, don't you people think The World's Address would be a great song to play at concerts? I'm surprised They don't. They should. Bye! Your psychotically deranged yet friendly pal, Evan R Kleve ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3451D25A.19E5@stlnet.com> Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 04:04:58 -0700 From: Pat Acquisto Subject: TMBG: Live recordings of Rest Awile, Dr. Worm, and Trobourogh Bridge? Does anyone have live versions of the 3 new songs? also at the St. Louis show they played First Kiss, Isn't that a Mono Puff song? nick ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 16:47:08 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Breakfast with the Giants? Message-ID: <19971026.164709.6718.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> I just got my Irving Plaza Feb. 1997 bootlegs and the first song is "I Might Be Giant, too" I know this is on PODAS but I heard that someone met Flans at a concert and asked him who wrote it... and Flans said it was Deep Blue Something ( the guys who did Breakfast at Tiffany's)... Am I making things up or did this event actually happen?? Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) ------------------------------ From: Vandal191@aol.com Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 16:51:36 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <971026164736_-392417269@emout03.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-298 Hello again everyone...and now for something completely different. The other night I picked up a couple albums of note. I was dissappointed by Ween's newest (I think) release The Mollusk...it was a little too far from music and close to noise. I mean, if you're as dedicated to Ween as all of us are to TMBG it might be more enjoyable, but for me...well, I spent too much money on it. But I was really pleased with the new Moby disk, I Like To Score. It's all music from films, has a great new version of the James Bond theme. Really intellectual stuff, many varied styles. I dug it. ~Moose "She sure has plenty of doors" "Now I see why this is free" ------------------------------ From: "Mr. Me" Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 17:30:16 CST Subject: TMBG: mp3 bootlegs? Message-ID: <277730D80@athena.valpo.edu> just curious, but is there any interest in creating an mp3 bootleg disc? i have access to a cd burner on my brother's friend's computer (i give my brother the sites and songs, he gives them to his friend, they are downloaded and tranferred to audio play and burned on the cd). then i could burn copies at my radio station for much cheaper. if it were to get a distribution of say, more than 20 copies, i would request that other people who have access to burners help me out. but that will come later. i have two questions on this here: one, is there a sizeable amount of mp3 stuff out there that is not on other singles/boots/recordings? two, this process will preserve most of the fidelity, right? and three, will anybody out there bust me for this? i would rather share the music with other people, at little to no cost to them, but if there is somebody out there on the list close to the band that would get pissed if they knew about bootlegging, i would keep the cd to myself. but if you guys want a boot of mp3s on cd, and you reply back to me saying yes this will work or no don't do it, i'll base my decision on that. btw, i would only boot stuff like this where 1) the band stands to lose little or no money out of the bootleg and actually could gain popularity (i.e. i would never bootleg factory) and 2) most of the fidelity would remain intact. jeremy [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] "First I ask myself, 'why am I doing this?' Then I tell myself, 'because I said so.'" --The Muldoons [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] Experience the many media of Jeremy Skrenes! Email: jskrenes@athena.valpo.edu Snail: Web: http://www.valpo.edu/home/student/jskrenes 141 Wehrenberg Airwaves: new sho schedule coming soon Valparaiso, IN 46383 ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 17:43:08 -0600 (CST) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: TMBG: Ween / Moby (no TMBG) Message-ID: > The other night I picked up a couple albums of note. I was dissappointed by > Ween's newest (I think) release The Mollusk...it was a little too far from > music and close to noise. I mean, if you're as dedicated to Ween as all of > us are to TMBG it might be more enjoyable, but for me...well, I spent too > much money on it. I don't know...what I heard of The Mollusk (which is their newest) is pretty good....very strange (see "I'm Dancing in the Show Tonight" if you don't believe me), but pretty good. You want noise, get the new Flaming Lips thing when it comes out (if it hasn't already). I'm not even going to describe it...but anybody who happened to catch their random appearances at Lollapalooza (I think...maybe it was HORDE) in the parking lot know what the new album will be like. > But I was really pleased with the new Moby disk, I Like To Score. It's all > music from films, has a great new version of the James Bond theme. Really > intellectual stuff, many varied styles. I dug it. Good to see that some people around here appreciate Moby. For those of you who haven't heard Moby, go buy _Everything is Wrong_, right now. Sure, it's "electronic" music, but it's the best electronic you'll ever hear. Trust me. And yeah, I Like to Score is pretty tremendous as well...in fact, two tracks ("God Moving Over the Face of the Waters" and "First Cool Hive") are both on Everything is Wrong. Okay, enough of my babbling. See y'all around. Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 19:07:08 -0500 (EST) From: 99 and 44/100% MIKe! Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-298 Message-ID: On Sun, 26 Oct 1997 Healfdene@aol.com wrote: > How do I get off this list? > You take a running jump. MIKe *TMBG Info Club ID No: 18902* come visit Mr Flippy's Red Light Funtime Party Hour! --->www.yucc.yorku.ca/~flippy AND: Check out the webzine JournalX at www.journalx.com *-----------------------------* Manos The Hands Of Fate was filmed on location in a vacant lot. ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 21:27:21 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: I'm thinking of an unrelated thing Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 26-Oct-97 TMBG: I'm thinking of an un.. by "Augie-Wan"@dancingink.c > Does anyone know if the rest of Cub's music is as cool as NYC? I'm going to *I* think it is.... it's kind of sad, actually, that a lot of TMBG fans who saw them open for TMBG tried to boo them off stage. They're really good, but what can you do when people are blind and intolerant, eh? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19971026213555.0069ed10@130.127.28.14> Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 21:35:55 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: We Might Be Giants, Too sound clips There are an awful lot of songs for We Might Be Giants, Too that have been finished, and I was wondering if any of these people plan on putting sound clips of their songs up. I've heard a few songs, but I'd certainly like to hear some more. :) Thanks, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9710270235.AA05882@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: Breakfast with the Giants? Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 21:35:20 -0500 (EST) > > I just got my Irving Plaza Feb. 1997 bootlegs and the first song is "I > Might Be Giant, too" I know this is on PODAS but I heard that someone met > Flans at a concert and asked him who wrote it... and Flans said it was > Deep Blue Something ( the guys who did Breakfast at Tiffany's)... Am I > making things up or did this event actually happen?? > > Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G > AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) I recall Flans saying this, but I really don't know if it's them. But speaking of the Feb. shows, I got the double CD from Evan a few days ago and it sounds great! Good job. Near the end of the 2nd CD I noticed a couple of short fade outs but I assume that was from the tape. Apart from that it's great. Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 21:40:48 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Cleveland show Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 26-Oct-97 Re: TMBG: Cleveland show by Evan R Kleve@juno.com > I was very surprised that the concert was in that room of the Agora. They > played there December of 1996 and it was in the huge auditorium. There > were good and bad things about this. The good thing is that I got up in > the VERY front and was two feet away from both Johns!! That's the closest > I've ever been to Linnell. I could've reached out and touched him but I > don't think he would've appretiated that very much. It was a very > intimate setting. But my complaint about that room is that it is horrible well, he did come out at the beginning and shake people's hands... > for sound. The people in front of the stage have a lot of trouble > understanding the lyrics, or even hearing sometimes. I know that it is the problem is possibly the proximity to the monitors up front - when you're that close, the monitors will be blasting right in front of you, and I'm not sure that vocals are monitored... (it's generally the singer's responsibility to keep in time with the instruments, not the other way around...) so you're going to hear the guitar, accordion/keyboard/sax, drums, and bass louder than any vocals. I had earplugs in, because I'm going to concerts frequently enough now that I really need to do that... problem with earplugs is treble - a lot of what Linnell does on his keyboard is in the range that is blocked by the earplugs. at the late show in Philly, I could not hear the keyboard solo in Rhythm Section Want Ad at all... or it sounded really funny, or something... well, maybe he just screwed it up... :) but they do block some stuff entirely rather than just dampen it... > Ah yes, I was one of the lucky ones to get kicked in the head! When Flans > saw this he actually stopped the music and said "I hate to say this, but > the grunge era is over." The crowd responded with greatful cheers. ah, that was you... :) > I LOVED Lincoln! They were so great, I might even have to look into > buying their CD. They sounded very good, played together, perfect > background vocals. They did an awesome job with that Monkeys song! I dunno... this is the fourth time I've seen them, and I think it gets kind of old after a while... maybe they just take more getting used to. I'll be seeing them twice more (at least) on this tour... > I absolutely loved the live version of Dr. Worm. Something about > that song gets me so giddy, I can't explain it. I might've been able to > understand the mystery verse if the sound system didn't suck so much. Oh > well. The accordian was awesome, everything about it was great. this I must agree with. Dr. Worm is fast becoming one of my favorite songs. If only I knew the other words to it. > I've never seen Linnell in such a great mood before, and I've > been to 4 concerts. He was smiling a lot and enjoying himself a lot. It > was great. When he's happy, everyone's happy! yeah, unusually so... he was really lively. and did more talking than Flans, actually. :) > Rest Awhile was absolutely amazing. My only complaint was it > needed to be longer. I hope I can get a recording of it sometime. great song.... "it features the ELECTRIC GUITAR!" :) > Well, I must say that this was a disaster. They started playing some > chords and Flans completely lost his train of thought and didn't bother > to finish it. But he redeemed himself by saying "These spontatneous > things take a bit of planning." yeah. it was funny, though... interesting and unusual... > This concert was different and infinately more intimate than any > other show I've been to, and it was truly great. I only wish I could be > lucky enough to hear Where Your Eyes Don't Go at a concert sometime in my > life. Also, don't you people think The World's Address would be a great > song to play at concerts? I'm surprised They don't. They should. they played Where Your Eyes Don't Go at the late show in Philadelphia. :) It was quite cool. The full band version of it rocks. The World's Address, as far as I know, hasn't been played since about 1988, which is a longer absence than Letterbox had (by about a year). It doesn't exist on any bootlegs, so I'm assuming they really don't like to play it that much. They have this thing against songs that aren't fun to play, which is why we never hear She's an Angel or Nightgown of the Sullen Moon (according to Flans, 10/11/97) I think they could pull off a good version of it with just accordion, guitar, bass, and drums... but it really needs horns. if any time was right for it, it was on the Apollo 18 tour, where they could get Linnell on accordion and Kurt Hoffman on baritone sax, which would make it a bit more complete - actually, Linnell on sax and Hoffman on piano/keyboard/whatever would be better... ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19971026214832.0069bbc8@130.127.28.14> Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 21:48:32 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Breakfast with the Giants? At 09:35 PM 10/26/97 -0500, you wrote: >I recall Flans saying this, but I really don't know if it's them. >But speaking of the Feb. shows, I got the double CD from Evan a few days >ago and it sounds great! Good job. Near the end of the 2nd CD I >noticed a couple of short fade outs but I assume that was from the tape. Didn't he say not to mention it on the list? Oh well. Since everyone else has, I guess I will too. :) I really liked the CD, but the fade-outs are from skipping around in the tape. Otherwise, all the cuts would be abrupt, and that would suck. :) TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199710270311.VAA11679@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "mal" Subject: Re: TMBG: I'm thinking of an unrelated thing Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 20:55:58 -0600 > > Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 26-Oct-97 TMBG: I'm thinking of an > un.. by "Augie-Wan"@dancingink.c > > Does anyone know if the rest of Cub's music is as cool as NYC? I'm going to > > *I* think it is.... it's kind of sad, actually, that a lot of TMBG fans > who saw them open for TMBG tried to boo them off stage. They're really > good, but what can you do when people are blind and intolerant, eh? Stab them in the eyes? ^_< Mike "This AIn't New York City, baby" Leffel ***If you could see it, there'd be an Invisible Ribbon here*** ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9710270428.AA06141@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: Breakfast with the Giants? Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 23:28:54 -0500 (EST) > At 09:35 PM 10/26/97 -0500, you wrote: > >I recall Flans saying this, but I really don't know if it's them. > >But speaking of the Feb. shows, I got the double CD from Evan a few days > >ago and it sounds great! Good job. Near the end of the 2nd CD I > >noticed a couple of short fade outs but I assume that was from the tape. > > Didn't he say not to mention it on the list? Oh well. Since everyone else > has, I guess I will too. :) > > I really liked the CD, but the fade-outs are from skipping around in the > tape. Otherwise, all the cuts would be abrupt, and that would suck. :) > Oh no, these were some fade outs right in the middle of a couple of songs. I'll have to listen again to determine exactly which songs. Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3454285D.A2396725@nmt.edu> Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 22:36:29 -0700 From: Nick Wolf Subject: TMBG: Wants to see the sign Where do I download the special version of Particle Man from? ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3454295D.F09E89D0@nmt.edu> Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 22:40:45 -0700 From: Nick Wolf Subject: TMBG: MP3's Where are the best sites for TMBG MP3's? I just upgraded to a pentium, sad huh?, and I can finallyl get Winamp and Winplay to work:) ------------------------------ From: "Augie-Wan" Subject: TMBG: TMBG double CD thingy Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 00:38:33 -0500 Message-Id: <05404596800224@dancingink.com> > Didn't he say not to mention it on the list? Oh well. Since everyone else has, I guess I will too. :) OK........... Let's be nice to all of the nobodies out here (including me) and not talk these CD's up too much. We didn't get them. Only the exclusive little clique that didn't want to share got them. :) Augie"I'm not bitter"Wan ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 01:04:01 -0500 (EST) From: stella Subject: TMBG: angel en concerto Message-ID: > It doesn't exist on any bootlegs, so I'm assuming they really don't like > to play it that much. They have this thing against songs that aren't > fun to play, which is why we never hear She's an Angel or Nightgown of > the Sullen Moon (according to Flans, 10/11/97) I believe they played She's An Angel at the Then show in Boston last spring. In fact, I'm practically positive. (I WAS there!) -ellen g. "Black coffee's not enough for me, I need a better friend..." ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9710270630.AA06495@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: TMBG double CD thingy Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 01:30:21 -0500 (EST) > > Didn't he say not to mention it on the list? Oh well. Since everyone > else > has, I guess I will too. :) > > OK........... Let's be nice to all of the nobodies out here (including me) > and not talk these CD's up too much. We didn't get them. Only the exclusive > little clique that didn't want to share got them. :) > Augie"I'm not bitter"Wan If you are talking about the Then & Now Double CD I wouldn't say that it was a clique that didn't want to share with anyone. Anyone around at the time had the opportunity to buy the CD bootleg. Unfortunately for those who weren't around there was no way that future people could have been accounted for in getting this. The people making the disc were doing it on their own, and couldn't afford to make any more than the number that asked. I think Evan might have said that if there was enough demand in 6 months or so there could be another pressing but don't quote me on that, I'm just going on what I think I remember. Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-299 ******************************