Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-30 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 30 Friday, 31 January 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Who sings what. TMBG: Irving Plaza/Older TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-29 (fwd) TMBG: PUBLIX Re: TMBG: Why They're together TMBG: my idea Re: TMBG: Irving Plaza/Older TMBG: confused Re: TMBG: Why They're together Re: TMBG: Who sings what. Re: TMBG: Who sings what. Re: TMBG: Re: Squirrel Nut Zippers TMBG: Who sings Older? Who wrote Older? Re: TMBG: SHOEHORN WITH TEETH...ding! TMBG: Re: fwd:yo' mail (&orange juice) Re: TMBG: SHOEHORN WITH TEETH...ding! Re: TMBG: SHOEHORN WITH TEETH...ding! TMBG: Re: Why They're Together TMBG: Lin/Flans song differences Re: TMBG: SHOEHORN WITH TEETH...ding! TMBG: fmsingles.com Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 08:51:01 -0500 (EST) From: Ryan Staib <97starya@james.hawken.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: Who sings what. Message-ID: On Wed, 29 Jan 1997, Lawrence P Solomon wrote: ** > assume Linnell, because he sings it, but what about the music? Those big ** > guitar chords aren't very characteristic of him, so maybe Flans wrote the ** ** I think it's all Linnell's work. The guitar chords aren't really that ** "big." Most of the "bigness" there comes from the keyboard. Besides, ** Linnell has written songs with big guitar chords - The Statue Got Me ** High and The End of the Tour are good examples. Spiraling Shape and the ** Bells are Ringing also work. Huh? Wait... Maybe I'm confused, but I didn't think you referred to plucking individual strings of the guitar as playing 'chords.' Where do you hear alot of chords in Older? How do you distinguish a 'big' guitar chord from a 'little' one, anyway? Also, you know, I think Flansburgh and Linnell play their respective instruments for a reason. Maybe it's just a wild guess, but I think Linnell would show Flans his song, and maybe some ideas for the guitar part, and then Flans, the _guitar_ player, would write the guitar part? Unless we think Linnell wrote the guitar parts for SenSurround and Destination Moon. Linnell could have easily written the string part for Older on his keyboard however. It seems that whenever Flans decides to do some sort of 'solo,' his playing seems to be the chorus of the song, so maybe Linnell sets his synth to guitar and then Flans just play that and adds chords by himself. You could be right though. Linnell does know how to write music, but I don't know if he can write guitar parts. I would think Flans creates most of the guitar parts. Unrelatedly, who thinks we should boot Eric and put Flans back where he belongs, as lead guitarist of They Might Be Giants, the band he co-founded??? RS ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199701301424.JAA22199@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Date: Thu, 30 Jan 97 09:26:44 EDT From: "Pooh Head Bucket?" Subject: TMBG: Irving Plaza/Older Hey all (especially Joshua)- I will be taping all 3 NYC shows in February. Or attempting to, anyway... TIP: Best recording location in Irving Plaza = balcony, just to the right of the sound booth. Go for it, people! I'm always looking for Lincoln-era shows, pink-era (or first album) shows, or other fun bizarre stuff... (also Ben Folds Five, King Crimson, and Todd Rundgren stuff...) E-mail me personally around the time of the shows if anyone wants to trade. I totally agree that "Older" sounds like Brian Dewan. Those big, choppy chords cut it for me. It would work beautifully on that electric zither (those electric zithers) Lift that fork! Eat that snail! -tom. Tom Soriano * sorianot@alpha.montclair.edu ------------------------------------------ "It's a typical day on the road to Utopia" ------------------------------ From: mousegirl@usa.net Message-ID: Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 08:23:46 Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-29 (fwd) Hey, Bubba, it was mostly about TMBG. (You know, the dream about Mr. Linnell.) Leave it to a conservative to take my post out of context. My apologies to the Republicans I might have offended. You have until noon central time tomorrow to flame me. mouse Quote of the day: "Hee hee...that would be Superdelayed F*@$sickle, right?" linnellgirl ------------------------------ From: MIKE Message-Id: <199701301529.KAA88050@garnet.acns.fsu.edu> Subject: TMBG: PUBLIX Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 10:29:56 -0500 (EST) Hello, I dont think this message went in the first time i sent it, but if it did, im sorry for the repetition... I was in my dorm cafeteria the other night, only halfway paying attention to the TV (Martin was on) when it went to a commercial, one for Publix supermarkets...I normally wouldnt have bothered to look up from my plate of food for a bunch of people looking entirely to happy unloading their groceries, but there was something about the music--it was really catchy--really familiar...IT WAS JESSICA!! it was so cool! (and yes, i realize that tmbg didnt originally do the song, but it was still cool :) shoehorn with teeth Its never okay to abuse your goat ------------------------------ From: mousegirl@usa.net Message-ID: Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 08:30:49 Subject: Re: TMBG: Why They're together > I've been thinkin' recently (imagine that;-) and wondering what > I might ask Them if I ever had a chance to interview Them. I > realize that They each have similar creative ideas (i.e., They > each like writing songs which are original, interesting, > different and even experimental), yet, They seem to write and > create separately. I know They do collaborate on a few songs > (Subliminal is a good example), but most of Their songs it seems > are totally written and arranged on Their own, individually. > They don't have a typical partnership like Elton John/Bernie > Taupin or Lennon/McCartney. What do you think keeps Them > together (aside from the fact that They're good friends and have > similar tastes in music)? What would be the difference if > Linnell decided to go completely solo and just have Flans > occasionally come in and play on his records and vice versa? > Don't get me wrong-I'm extremely glad that They're together;-). > I love all of Their songs and think that They're great > songwriters and > musicians-I hope They stay together forever! I was just > wondering if either of Them had been asked this question in > previous interviews and what Their response was. > > Also, as far as knowing who wrote what, someone asked Flans once > if he ever sang one of Linnell's songs and the only response was > "I sang James K. Polk when Linnell lost his voice". They've > been pretty consistent, it seems, in letting people know that > each sings what he writes. > > Jen I have often wondered the same thing, Jen, and when I eventually DO interview Them I'll remember to ask that question. This also brings up another ponderance: What are the dynamics of such a long-standing working relationship that stemmed from an even longer-standing friendship? I'll leave you all to ponder. mousegirl Quote of the Day: "Hee hee....that would be Superdelayed F*@$sicle, right?" linnellgirl ------------------------------ From: "Rensink, Brenden BHS" Subject: TMBG: my idea Date: Thu, 30 Jan 97 07:35:00 P Message-Id: <32F0C01C@msmail.bham.wednet.edu> well. this may be a bit confusing so hold on to your pants. I was thinking the other day about what all of these people on the list look like. or what they do etc... so i was jotting down some ideas that of what I thought the people might really be like. i thought that it might be amusing to see what some other people's ideas of people on the list are. so if any one has a guess on some well known contributer to the list please send it to me. maybe if i get some really good ones, i'll post them. i don't know. i just thought it would be fun. brenden - nednerB ------------------------------ From: "Harlan Landes" Subject: Re: TMBG: Irving Plaza/Older Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 11:52:56 -0500 Message-Id: <19970130115259.0207567f.in@rayst10.rayst.udel.edu> > I will be taping all 3 NYC shows in February. Or attempting > to, anyway... TIP: Best recording location in Irving Plaza = balcony, > just to the right of the sound booth. Go for it, people! Is the balcony at Irving Plaza 21 and older, or is everyone allowed to go up? ------------------------------ From: MIKE Message-Id: <199701301739.MAA90219@garnet1.acns.fsu.edu> Subject: TMBG: confused Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 12:39:22 -0500 (EST) hi im confused--how come when i post a message, it says to tmbg-list@ tmbg.org instead of my name? what am i doing wrong? or am i? shoehorn with teeth its never okay to abuse your goat ------------------------------ Message-Id: <32f0fd436827002@gold.tc.umn.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: Why They're together Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 13:57:53 -0600 (CST) From: Chris Bongaarts In the immortal words of Jenifer W Stewart: >fact that They're good friends and have similar tastes in music)? What >would be the difference if Linnell decided to go completely solo and just >have Flans occasionally come in and play on his records and vice versa? Listen to State Songs and Unsupervised for a while. :) >Also, as far as knowing who wrote what, someone asked Flans once if he >ever sang one of Linnell's songs and the only response was "I sang James >K. Polk when Linnell lost his voice". They've been pretty consistent, it >seems, in letting people know that each sings what he writes. If this was the phraseology used in the question, it's easy to see that Flans may have misinterpreted the question as if he ever sang one the songs Linnell usually sings. Of course, JKP was only half-written by JL anyway :) But in general, they sing their own songs. %% Chris Bongaarts %% Chris.Bongaarts-1@umn.edu %% http://umn.edu/~cab %% U of Minnesota %% CBongo on EFnet IRC (#umn) %% Stop Plate Tectonics! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <32f0fecf7466002@gold.tc.umn.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: Who sings what. Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 14:04:27 -0600 (CST) From: Chris Bongaarts In the immortal words of Ryan Staib: > Huh? Wait... Maybe I'm confused, but I didn't think you referred to >plucking individual strings of the guitar as playing 'chords.' Where do you >hear alot of chords in Older? How do you distinguish a 'big' guitar chord from >a 'little' one, anyway? Also, you know, I think Flansburgh and Linnell play "Time is marching on "... The arpeggioes are in the beginning of the song, but after the bridgish part it's pretty much "big chords" all the way out. (big == loud, forceful, dramatic) %% Chris Bongaarts %% Chris.Bongaarts-1@umn.edu %% http://umn.edu/~cab %% U of Minnesota %% CBongo on EFnet IRC (#umn) %% Stop Plate Tectonics! ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 15:28:30 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Who sings what. Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 30-Jan-97 Re: TMBG: Who sings what. by Ryan Staib@james.hawken. > Huh? Wait... Maybe I'm confused, but I didn't think you referred > to plucking individual strings of the guitar as playing 'chords.' Where do > you hear alot of chords in Older? How do you distinguish a 'big' guitar > chord from a 'little' one, anyway? Also, you know, I think Flansburgh and > Linnell play their respective instruments for a reason. Maybe it's just a > wild guess, but I think Linnell would show Flans his song, and maybe some > ideas for the guitar part, and then Flans, the _guitar_ player, would write > the guitar part? Unless we think Linnell wrote the guitar parts for > SenSurround and Destination Moon. Big guitar chords are the kind you hear in Older, Statue, and the "Never to part..." verse of The End of the Tour. "Little" guitar chords are those found in songs like It's Not My Birthday, James K. Polk, etc. Perhaps 'big' and 'little' are bad ways of referring to it - try loud/electric vs. more acoustic sounding. > Linnell could have easily written the string part for Older on his keyboard > however. It seems that whenever Flans decides to do some sort of 'solo,' > his playing seems to be the chorus of the song, so maybe Linnell sets his > synth to guitar and then Flans just play that and adds chords by himself. > You could be right though. Linnell does know how to write music, but I > don't know if he can write guitar parts. I would think Flans creates most > of the guitar parts. Actually, I think Linnell knows how to play the guitar, but doesn't on stage because that's Flansburgh's job - the guitar is one of the easiest instruments to learn how to play, and a keyboard player as experienced as Linnell would probably have no trouble learning it, and most likely can play. I've heard a half acoustic version of Older - it was still electric, but not as forceful and loud, and Linnell played accordion instead of keyboard. And during the instrumental bridge before the last verse, the guitar chords don't stand out as much. You can still distinctly hear chords over the bass, but they aren't "big." > Unrelatedly, who thinks we should boot Eric and put Flans back where > he belongs, as lead guitarist of They Might Be Giants, the band he > co-founded??? Flans was never the lead guitarist. Lead guitar is generally defined as playing individual notes and melodies, which Flans can do, but generally doesn't. Look at the credits on John Henry. The instrumentals in Sleeping in the Flowers, Out of Jail, No One Knows My Plan, and the 'country style' guitar in Unrelated Thing are all played be people who are not John Flansburgh. The lead guitar parts on Factory Showroom are mostly played by Eric Schermerhorn, and are most notably found in Till My Head Falls Off, How Can I Sing Like a Girl, Metal Detector, NYC, and Spiraling Shape. (you know that background part in Spiraling Shape? That's not Flans...) I saw a concert in December where Eric didn't play at all. And they played some songs with lead guitar, and basically left out those parts - How Can I Sing Like a Girl was about two minutes shorter than usual, and New York City ended with no instrumental ending. But they played Whistling in the Dark, and Flans covered the horn parts very nicely on the guitar (the internal ones - the ending was played by Linnell on the keyboard)... they also played other songs in which the lead guitar parts were left out or modified - Subliminal, Pet Name, S-E-X-X-Y (another song that was shortened significantly), and XTC vs. Adam Ant. ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 15:48:10 -0400 From: Merciless@vt.edu (McGing "the Merciless") Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Squirrel Nut Zippers Hey swing is agood thing. Anyone out there should definitley check both the inevitable, and Hot, there are also a couple of 7 inches. And if you ever ever get a chance to see them live, do not pass it up. Any boudy whoo lives in the dc area theres a place called Glen Echo, and during summer (and probably all year) they have various sorts of dances one of them being swing, and before things really star they have lessons for an hour, it's super fun. Merciless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Life's Short and hard like a body building elf" - The Blood Hound Gang ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970130162723.006bf4d8@mail.ee.net> Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 16:27:27 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Who sings Older? Who wrote Older? Someone wrote: >Yeah, it does, and that could be the reason they haven't put it on an >album... if anything, parts of it should be included, if they ever do >such a thing, in "Fingertips II." If it is a Brian Dewan song, I'd like >to hear his version of it... > >Although I would think they'd introduce it in concert that way when they >played it - they always say before Maybe I Know "This was recorded >originally by Leslie Gore..." or New York City "Here's a song originally >by a group from Vancouver called cub..." and Frankenstein when they >played it, and even back when they started playing Istanbul they'd >announce it as a cover. Well, it's just such a cool song to start the concert with. You wouldn't want them to come out on stage and say "This is the first song, It's called Older." Someone else wrote: >Also, you know, I think Flansburgh and Linnell play >their respective instruments for a reason. Maybe it's just a wild guess, but I >think Linnell would show Flans his song, and maybe some ideas for the guitar >part, and then Flans, the _guitar_ player, would write the guitar part? Unless >we think Linnell wrote the guitar parts for SenSurround and Destination Moon. >Linnell could have easily written the string part for Older on his keyboard >however. It seems that whenever Flans decides to do some sort of 'solo,' his >playing seems to be the chorus of the song, so maybe Linnell sets his synth to >guitar and then Flans just play that and adds chords by himself. You could be >right though. Linnell does know how to write music, but I don't know if he can >write guitar parts. I would think Flans creates most of the guitar parts. > So, by your logic, Beethoven jotted down a basic tune for each of his symphonies and handed it out to each of the orchestra members so they could write a decent part? Also, SenSurround is really a simple song musically. I mean _really_ simple. Listen to it closely. > Unrelatedly, who thinks we should boot Eric and put Flans back where he >belongs, as lead guitarist of They Might Be Giants, the band he co-founded??? I agree with you here. Kick Eric out! -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199701302212.RAA28432@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 17:11:55 EST From: "Brett Ballantini" Subject: Re: TMBG: SHOEHORN WITH TEETH...ding! I'm just getting around to responding to a month-old post from Lawrence. He wrote, among other things: >Another interesting observation is that a shoehorn, when struck with >another metal object, makes a "ding" sound. I think they should start >taking advantage of this at concerts... They did, didn't they? I'm this close to positive that the tour I saw where TMBG were one of several "alternative" acts (Midnight Oil, Matthew Sweet, Hothouse Flowers), Brian Doherty was the "ding"-er. This was back when they rolled out the glockenspiel to play "Why Does the Sun Shine?", and if my memory serves, the other song Brian played the glockenspiel on was the simple "dings" in "Shoehorn with Teeth". Peace, Brett ***Now playing: Hall and Oates - _Rock 'n Soul Part 1_ ---- End of mail text Additional SMTP headers from original mail item follow: Received: from ussodyssey.ufp.org by E-MAIL.COM (IBM VM SMTP V2R3) with TCP; Sun, 29 Dec 96 00:36:48 EST Received: (root@localhost) by ussodyssey.ufp.org (8.8.2/8.7.ufp) id AAA14376 fo r tmbg-list-outgoing; Sun, 29 Dec 1996 00:22:05 -0500 Message-ID: Sender: owner-tmbg-list@ussodyssey.ufp.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Lawrence P Solomon _____________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 17:34:24 -0500 From: Mismirilda Message-ID: <32F121F0.432A@erols.com> Organization: EROL'S Subject: TMBG: Re: fwd:yo' mail (&orange juice) Anastasia Hunt wrote: > > That was sooooooo funny. That was pee-your-pants funny. The other people > in the lab are staring at me now.8) > mouse Tell her to post her rap version of She's An Angel! ;) OK, I'll do it. Please, post it! It was the funniest thing I've ever seen on list!!!! Okay, and the Orange Juice Metaphor. I've been gone more than a week, so what's been going on with that? Have I had my alloted 15-minutes of fame-per lifetime and missed it? D'oh! -Mismi ------------------------------ From: Matthew Coon Message-Id: <199701302250.RAA21498@omni.cc.purdue.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: SHOEHORN WITH TEETH...ding! Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 17:50:52 -0500 (EST) Brett writes: > Lawrence P. Solomon writes: > > >Another interesting observation is that a shoehorn, when struck with > >another metal object, makes a "ding" sound. I think they should start > >taking advantage of this at concerts... > > They did, didn't they? [...] > and if my memory serves, the other song Brian played the > glockenspiel on was the simple "dings" in "Shoehorn with Teeth". > Well, a glockenspiel is one thing, but to truly take advantage of Lawrence's observation Brian would need to be dinging a *shoehorn* (which is what I believe he was getting at...). m@t ------------------------------ Message-ID: <4mwHMqG00iWm0EOm00@andrew.cmu.edu> Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 19:00:54 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: SHOEHORN WITH TEETH...ding! Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 30-Jan-97 Re: TMBG: SHOEHORN WITH TEE.. by "Brett Ballantini"@hewit > This was back when they rolled out the glockenspiel to play "Why Does the > Sun Shine?", and if my memory serves, the other song Brian played the > glockenspiel on was the simple "dings" in "Shoehorn with Teeth". Yes, they did. Now they just have him hitting a cymbal. But to use an actual shoehorn, with or without teeth, would be the best thing for them to do... it makes a perfect sound. I think the reason they won't do that is because as soon as they introduced it, everyone would know exactly what song they were going to play... and they generally like to surprise the audience to some degree. ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 18:40:08 -0800 From: J Chen Subject: TMBG: Re: Why They're Together Jen wrote: >I realize that They >each have similar creative ideas (i.e., They each like writing songs >which are original, interesting, different and even experimental), yet, >They seem to write and create separately. I know They do collaborate on >a few songs (Subliminal is a good example), but most of Their songs it >seems are totally written and arranged on Their own, individually. They >don't have a typical partnership like Elton John/Bernie Taupin or >Lennon/McCartney. On the contrary, I think Their partnership is quite typical. Each partner is allowed to have his/her own creative ideas, and the collaboration never has to be obvious. In fact, the event that is more strange than the other is to actually have a song where both partners write the words, equal time from both. I can't speak for John/Taupin... I always thought one wrote the words and the other wrote the music (but someone can correct me). I also think much of the very early songwriting duos wrote like that (especially writers of musicals). But, as partnerships/bands march on through time, it is the one with the idea that usually writes the words and the melody, with the partner adding input and helping with arrangement. For example, Lennon and McCartney were like that. Typically, one would write most of a song, the other would add the bridge. John and John have often stated that one would write the song (mostly just the words and, perhaps, a tune), and the other would come along and help put together the music. That is a healthy, successful relationship. An unhealthy relationship is one where one creative force has neither input nor opinion on the others' work. I doubt that the two Johns stalk off into separate corners to completely create a whole song... though, with the passage of time, this could happen. It could happen if They stray from each other creatively. For now, however, They have not found reason nor circumstance to do this permanently, and many of us are glad. ========================___________________________________________... . . . | from LVJeff | Personal mondegreen: "20-20-24 hours ago, | Protected by Guan Yu | I'm going east of Eden." | alecson@ucla.edu | I Wanna Be Sedated, by The Ramones ======================== "I wanna be sedated." ------------------------------ From: wglodell@baraboo.com (Wyatt Glodell) Subject: TMBG: Lin/Flans song differences Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 21:16:55 -0600 Message-ID: <19970131031654569.AAA328@ppp161.baraboo.com> I realized ont other thing about the songwriting differences! Linnell's songs often put a picture in your mind, a story, like... well, take almost any of his songs, and you have a something to visualise, and although flans does this too, not as much... take unforgotten or.... and... well, it seemed that way a tthe time, there are probably some more but i better go do homework! Bye, from Wyatt The King Of Typos, but types better and better as he gets tired...? ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 19:33:36 -0800 (PST) From: Michelle Subject: Re: TMBG: SHOEHORN WITH TEETH...ding! Message-ID: On Thu, 30 Jan 1997, Lawrence P Solomon wrote: > Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 30-Jan-97 Re: TMBG: SHOEHORN WITH > TEE.. by "Brett Ballantini"@hewit > > This was back when they rolled out the glockenspiel to play "Why Does the > > Sun Shine?", and if my memory serves, the other song Brian played the > > glockenspiel on was the simple "dings" in "Shoehorn with Teeth". > > Yes, they did. Now they just have him hitting a cymbal. But to use an > actual shoehorn, with or without teeth, would be the best thing for them > to do... it makes a perfect sound. I think the reason they won't do > that is because as soon as they introduced it, everyone would know > exactly what song they were going to play... and they generally like to > surprise the audience to some degree. > It would still surprise the audience if they also used the shoehorn with teeth for other songs... that's what happened last time I saw 'em in concert.... they rolled out the glockenspiel for Shoehorn w/ teeth, and then when they got to "Why Does the Sun Shine?" not a single note of the instrument... I was kinda bummed that I only got to hear 4 notes off the glockenspiel the whole show (and the same 4 notes at that), but it was still a great concert! Michelle ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199701310416.WAA10980@hp-25.cae.wisc.edu> Subject: TMBG: fmsingles.com Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 22:16:02 CST From: Aaron Kohlbeck Hello everyone! Since everyone was talking about singles and where to get them, I surfed on over to fmsingles.com the other day to check it out. I ended up ordering DLS and The Statue Got Me High. This was on Saturday. I got the singles in the mail today (Thurs), so for the people who were wondering if fmsingles is any good, I guess that should tell you something. I also put in a request for The Guitar. But, if some kind soul out there knows where I could get that single, well, my eternal gratitude would go out to them (read: help me please!) All I have to say is "I'm Def" is hilarious. Aaron, who wishes he got a job as a test pilot -- Aaron Kohlbeck kohlbeck@cae.wisc.edu http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~kohlbeck Programming or dishes? Programming or dishes? This is a life? ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-30 *****************************