Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-304 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 304 Saturday, 1 November 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: "Unable to connect to remote host" TMBG: Re: TMBG Math Paper Re: NOTMBG: monkey island fans of the world unite! TMBG: Re: "Unable to connect to remote host" Re: TMBG: Re: "Unable to connect to remote host" Re: TMBG: where did They get lost... Re: TMBG: TMBG Math Paper... TMBG: What do you think?????? TMBG: Non TMBG-List Problems? Re: TMBG: TMBG Math Paper... Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG Math Paper Re: NOTMBG: monkey island fans of the world unite! TMBG: What do you think?????? Re: TMBG: What do you think?????? TMBG: List problems TMBG: TMBG in Detroit Re: TMBG: What do you think?????? Re: TMBG: What do you think?????? TMBG: does anyone remember???? Re: TMBG: What do you think?????? TMBG: tour date info TMBG: Translated 3 Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19971031073950.006a5290@130.127.28.14> Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 07:39:50 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: "Unable to connect to remote host" Lynx, on 2 different accounts, isn't connecting to http://www.tmbg.org this morning. I ran a traceroute to www.tmbg.org with no problem, but I can't load the page...is anyone else having this problem, or is it just me. :/ TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 11:55:02 -0500 From: Sarah Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG Math Paper Message-id: <345A0D66.1E27@wmich.edu> Organization: http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Marina/5999 It just so happens that 'Till my head falls off" is one of the songs I was going to pint out. "Ther were 87 advil in the bottle now there's 30 left, I ATE 47 so what happened TO the other 10" The other ten is ATE and TO (8+2). I have many other ideas..... I can share them if interested..... Maybe I'll even post the paper when it's done (or something of the sort).... Thanx to whomever for suggesting the boat of car interp, I'll be sure to check it out! ~Sarah ------------------------------ From: PLurie1982@aol.com Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 13:06:25 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <971031130607_1467496728@mrin43.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: NOTMBG: monkey island fans of the world unite! Monkey island is the coolest. I recently re-instaled it on my new pc. "I need a breathmint" "You're tellin me. Take one. Take the Whole Roll!" pauleo ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 13:42:03 -0500 From: Mark Beissel Message-ID: <345A267B.448F@ameritech.net> Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: TMBG: Re: "Unable to connect to remote host" Adam Tyner wrote: > > Lynx, on 2 different accounts, isn't connecting to http://www.tmbg.org this > morning. I ran a traceroute to www.tmbg.org with no problem, but I can't > load the page...is anyone else having this problem, or is it just me. :/ > > TTYL, > > -Adam > /----=========================================================----\ > http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ > The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! > ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 I was having the same problem earlier, but I'm getting in OK now... ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199710311856.NAA15697@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: "Unable to connect to remote host" Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 13:56:00 -0500 (EST) > Adam Tyner wrote: > > Lynx, on 2 different accounts, isn't connecting to http://www.tmbg.org this > > morning. I ran a traceroute to www.tmbg.org with no problem, but I can't > > load the page...is anyone else having this problem, or is it just me. :/ > > I was having the same problem earlier, but I'm getting in OK now... The web server machine crashed and burned this morning at about 5:40 EST, I didn't notice the problem until a few minutes ago. Everything should be back to full operation now. -- Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org System Administration - Network Design TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9710311639.AA19051@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: where did They get lost... Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 11:39:17 -0500 (EST) > Well, I didn't really take it seriously at the time, BUT... > About this time last year, They played outside of Streetside Records in > Columbia, MO. They introduced the song as based on something that actually > happened to them IN Columbia. > > I was hesitant to believe it, thinking 1) they say that in EVERY town, 2) > Columbia's a little too small to get lost in. BUT it COULD have happened. > And if they haven't said that ANYWHERE else, I'm more tempted to believe. > :) > They said that back at the E-town show in April, '96 that they got lost in Hershey, PA, admist all of that chocolate! Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9710311633.AA19037@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Math Paper... Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 11:33:29 -0500 (EST) > On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Matthew James wrote: > > > > On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Adam Tyner wrote: > > > > > > > Easy! "Till My Head Falls Off"! 87 advil in the bottle - 47 that he ate = > > > > 10 left. Where are they? > > > > > > > I think that's 30 left - where are the other ten? But you should probably > > > tip the bottle over and count the advil up again. > > > > > I think that's 84 advil in the bottle, there's 30 left, I ate 47, so > > what happened to the other 10? > > Just to clear that up ;) > > > That really didn't clear anything up for me - did you say that you were a > math major? Um, sorry. 8-] hehe, no I'm not! That should be 87 advil in the bottle, oops! I've got my Rasta wig and I'm ready to party as a Rasta Zombie Ghoul MUAHAHAHAHA! what's everyone else for Halloween? Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: "AugieWan" Subject: TMBG: What do you think?????? Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 15:07:11 -0500 Message-Id: <20075340600114@dancingink.com> OK.... here's a few questions to ponder upon........... 1) What song(s) from the Johns took awhile for you to start liking? My personal two "didn't like it all that much at first" songs were Biggest One from hotel det. EP and Unrelated Thing from john henry. But I'm proud to say that I once again love all their song after hearing those two about eighthundred times in a row! (sad, isn't it) oh, and Someone Keeps Moving My Chair too! 2) What do you think.... I was enjoying (with a big smile on my face) listening to Linnell sing The Sign from Ace of Base and thought, you know, I don't think it really matters all that much to me (and the other fanatics) what the Johns sing as long as they keep singing!! Really people! We all loved Broom! Think about it... If say Janet Jackson had sang Broom, we would have laughed at her and then cheered when the Giants covered it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anything bad about TMBG's songs, but as a really big bunch of weird fans, I think we would run out and buy an album of the Johns singing the best of Milli Vanilli and The Spice Girls if they were to make it. I was just wondering what all of you thought.......... AugieWan ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19971031151236.007eea80@csrlink.net> Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 15:12:36 -0500 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: TMBG: Non TMBG-List Problems? Dear Fine Furry Friends, I am having some problems with the list mail. For the third time last night, my mail program basically became "stuck" as it downloaded a list message. This one was from Eric Webber, I can't remember who the others were from, but I seem to recall someone mentioning the same thing. The only solution I've found is call my ISP and get them to download the mail, delete it, and then FWD the rest to me. They don't mind it much, but I can tell it's starting to get on their nerves. Does anyone know what could be causing this, cause it totally made me forget about the chat last night., and that pissed me off. Also, the person who asked about They Got Lost, I do think that someone (Was it Mike Leffel???!?!!?) said it was in Cleveland. Now reading further posts I think that the Johns were are just playing a little game with us. Dylan "Runs With Scissors" Flipse dflipse@csrlink.net - http://www.geocities.com/Athens/9909/ - "My goal in life is to score a 100 on my SATs."-Dylan My life's just all one big inside joke. ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 31 Oct 97 15:26 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Math Paper... >I've got my Rasta wig and I'm ready to party as a Rasta Zombie Ghoul >MUAHAHAHAHA! >what's everyone else for Halloween? I'm a dryad, and my cat's trying to eat my fake leaves! Help! Kirsten the Leafy One -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Everything perfect you said was just mirrors and wires.." - Frente Kirsten Brodbeck ~ kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ~ AKA Crow ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 13:42:39 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG Math Paper Message-ID: On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, Sarah wrote: > It just so happens that 'Till my head falls off" is one of the songs I > was going to pint out. "Ther were 87 advil in the bottle now there's 30 > left, I ATE 47 so what happened TO the other 10" > The other ten is ATE and TO (8+2). > I have many other ideas..... I can share them if interested..... Maybe > I'll even post the paper when it's done (or something of the sort).... > Thanx to whomever for suggesting the boat of car interp, I'll be sure to > check it out! one other thing that i just thought of (and i'm not sure how much of this is mathematics, and how much is psycholinguistic sort of stuff) but i was thinking about cooperativity in tmbg lyrics. (it's a term that gets used a lot in protein and nucleic acid biochemistry; i'm not sure about other contexts.) anyway, the example that comes to mind (i think there's another in tmbg but i can't quite remember it) is the section in 'ana ng' where the lines are: '...and it sticks like a broken record/ everything sticks like a broken record/ everything sticks until it goes away...' where there isn't ever a whole line repeated. we get the perception of three repetitions, but what we actually have is two motifs, overlapping by one word, each repeated twice. so if 'everything sticks' is labeled 'A.' and 'sticks like a broken record' is labeled '.B', we have: .B .B A. A. where the '.' represents 'sticks'... a similar example, coming from toad the wet sprocket, is the lyric 'i won't repeat myself again i will not repeat myself again'... but that's not nearly as elegant an example. -jim kuemmerle, who usually goes by the label 'jim kuemmerle' j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ soon to be updated, i swear! happy halloween! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19971031130657.00688310@pop.ben2.ucla.edu> Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 13:07:03 -0800 From: J Chen Subject: Re: NOTMBG: monkey island fans of the world unite! Ha! How appropriate, you fight like a cow! Damn... I never did know when to use that... >COUNT ME IN!!!! >"I'll take this key right to the tribe... and I won't use it or >anything!" > > Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G > AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) > The guy who went crazy not 5 min. ago because he >couldn't find that DAMN pirate wheel... > >>> <>this list, >>> anyway? :)>> >>> >>> Look out! There's a three-headed monkey behind you! >> >>like we're gonna fall for THAT one again. hmph. >> >>-jim kuemmerle, wearing a very large citrus fruit on his head. ========================___________________________________________... . . . | from LVJeff | "If you hear only one song this year, | Protected by Guan Yu | | alecson@ucla.edu | there's something terribly wrong with you." ======================== - Kitty Carlisle, Easy Writers ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9710312100.AA19336@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: What do you think?????? Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 16:00:35 -0500 (EST) > OK.... here's a few questions to ponder upon........... > > 1) What song(s) from the Johns took awhile for you to start liking? My > personal two "didn't like it all that much at first" songs were Biggest One > from hotel det. EP and Unrelated Thing from john henry. But I'm proud to > say that I once again love all their song after hearing those two about > eighthundred times in a row! (sad, isn't it) oh, and Someone Keeps Moving > My Chair too! Who thinks Someone Keeps Moving My Chair is the best song on Flood? the only one that I can think of that even comes close is We Want a Rock. SKMMC just rocks da house!! > > 2) What do you think.... I was enjoying (with a big smile on my face) > listening to Linnell sing The Sign from Ace of Base and thought, you know, > I don't think it really matters all that much to me (and the other > fanatics) what the Johns sing as long as they keep singing!! Really people! > We all loved Broom! Think about it... If say Janet Jackson had sang Broom, > we would have laughed at her and then cheered when the Giants covered it. > Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anything bad about TMBG's songs, but as > a really big bunch of weird fans, I think we would run out and buy an album > of the Johns singing the best of Milli Vanilli and The Spice Girls if they > were to make it. But they run on the love of sophisticated head bobbing music, not that other stuff! Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 13:22:48 -0800 (PST) From: "'Lani' N Olson" Subject: Re: TMBG: What do you think?????? Message-ID: On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, AugieWan wrote: > 1) What song(s) from the Johns took awhile for you to start liking? My > personal two "didn't like it all that much at first" songs were Biggest One > from hotel det. EP and Unrelated Thing from john henry. But I'm proud to > say that I once again love all their song after hearing those two about > eighthundred times in a row! (sad, isn't it) oh, and Someone Keeps Moving > My Chair too! Good call. I used to HATE all those songs, but especially SKMMC. I used to skip that song all the time, but I like it now. At first I couldn't STAND Pet Name, but now it's one of my favorites on Factory Showroom. I used to skip over it, but now I usually listen to it twice. On the other hand, I used to love How Can I Sing Like A Girl, but I can do without it now. Well, not do *without* it -- I wouldn't want to get *rid* of any of Their songs. But this happens to me quite a bit -- I can usually count on the songs I hate becoming my favorites. Weird. -Lani O:) Member of the OFFICIAL Sludge Fan Club since 1997 lanio@u.washington.edu * * * * * * * * * a.butterfly@bigfoot.com Lani's Inverse Home Page: http://weber.u.washington.edu/~lanio/ _______________________________________________________________ "I'm the man. You know when people say, 'You're the man'? I'm the guy they're talking about." -Alec Wilmart ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 16:45:07 -0500 (EST) From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: List problems Message-ID: I too have had trouble getting messages from Eric Webber. I've tried 3 different programs, and basically the only way for me to get it is to use HoTMaiL to check my POP mail. :( -Adam /----=========================================----\ Looking for He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and MST3K? Then go to http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 18:45:31 -0500 From: Sarah Subject: TMBG: TMBG in Detroit Message-id: <345A6D9B.7AFC@wmich.edu> Organization: http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Marina/5999 Hey, I have a friend who seems to think that They are having a show in Detroit soon, Can anyone confirm this??? ~Sarah "I want to raise my freak flag higher and higher." ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 17:06:03 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: What do you think?????? Message-ID: On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, AugieWan wrote: > OK.... here's a few questions to ponder upon........... good questions, by the way... > 1) What song(s) from the Johns took awhile for you to start liking? My > personal two "didn't like it all that much at first" songs were Biggest One > from hotel det. EP and Unrelated Thing from john henry. But I'm proud to > say that I once again love all their song after hearing those two about > eighthundred times in a row! (sad, isn't it) oh, and Someone Keeps Moving > My Chair too! hm. way up there on my list would have to be 'see the constellation' and '(she was a) hotel detective'. i *still* don't like those two much (relatively speaking, of course), and i tend to fast forward through them. i'm slowly warming up to 'window' and 'out of jail'. i used to have trouble sitting through 'purple toupee', but i don't mind it so much any more. 'lie still, little bottle' went through a period of slight disfavor, but it's on the upswing again. (and i'm afraid my limited income precludes more than just a little bit of exposure to factory showroom and then:the early years.) for some reason, i seem to have a definite 'warming up to it' period with every new album. not that i don't like the stuff (far from it, in fact) -- it's just that each album takes on a definite (yet strangely undefinable) style, and it's the style that takes the getting-used-to. for me. > 2) What do you think.... I was enjoying (with a big smile on my face) > listening to Linnell sing The Sign from Ace of Base and thought, you know, > I don't think it really matters all that much to me (and the other > fanatics) what the Johns sing as long as they keep singing!! Really people! > We all loved Broom! Think about it... If say Janet Jackson had sang Broom, > we would have laughed at her and then cheered when the Giants covered it. > Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anything bad about TMBG's songs, but as > a really big bunch of weird fans, I think we would run out and buy an album > of the Johns singing the best of Milli Vanilli and The Spice Girls if they > were to make it. sure i would! (buy the tmbg cover albums, that is). but i've got to disagree with you about the rest of it... i think that the appeal of 'the sign' is that it's one of the last songs you might expect them to cover, after so much conditioning of Them being so different from mainstream pop. so, even if They were to sing 'the sign' as straightforward and faithful to the original as They could, we would still perceive it as being a tongue-in-cheek presentation. conversely, i don't think janet jackson (or whoever) would do a good job with broom (i think you're right, we *would* laugh at her) but that's because she wouldn't bring to the song the proper nonsensical aspect that it requires, and not because of anything inherent in the song. same reason that They could cover Danny Boy and make it sound happy... same reason that i dread hearing janet jackson's cover of joni mitchell's 'big yellow taxi', (and i love joni mitchell's version of it.) it's something lacking from the delivery rather than the song itself.... -jim kuemmerle, who apologizes if he misinterpreted what you'd said... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668 soon to be updated, i swear! happy halloween! ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 21:03:05 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: What do you think?????? Message-ID: On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, AugieWan wrote: > 1) What song(s) from the Johns took awhile for you to start liking? My > personal two "didn't like it all that much at first" songs were Biggest One > from hotel det. EP and Unrelated Thing from john henry. But I'm proud to > say that I once again love all their song after hearing those two about > eighthundred times in a row! (sad, isn't it) oh, and Someone Keeps Moving > My Chair too! > Hmm...I like "Biggest One" now, and always did, bu I seem to appreciate it more for the lyrics than I did before. The one song that I couldn't stand, but now count as one of my favorites is "O, Do Not Forsake Me." I still can't handle "Unrelated Thing"- it's so...boring. Can't think of any other way to describe it. i didn't much like "Pet Name" either, that took me a while to apprecaite, and damn, that is one cool song in concert, especially with all of the lights off. But, and I was discussing this at work the other day and all agreed (she says as if it were really contraversial), I've found that the songs/albums that take a while to come to love are the ones that I love forever and ever and never get tired of. Like XTC's _Nonesuch_- I couldn't stand it when I got it, but hung on to it anyway. Then I heard "XTC v. Adam Ant," and thought, hey, I'll drag out that one XTC album I had. Glad I did, becaue I loved it and now love XTC, too. Same with _John Henry_- I was so disappointed, then thought I'd give it another chance about six months later, and it is now one of my favorite They albums. Go fig! > 2) What do you think.... I was enjoying (with a big smile on my face) > listening to Linnell sing The Sign from Ace of Base and thought, you know, > I don't think it really matters all that much to me (and the other > fanatics) what the Johns sing as long as they keep singing!! Really people! > We all loved Broom! Think about it... If say Janet Jackson had sang Broom, > we would have laughed at her and then cheered when the Giants covered it. > Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anything bad about TMBG's songs, but as > a really big bunch of weird fans, I think we would run out and buy an album > of the Johns singing the best of Milli Vanilli and The Spice Girls if they > were to make it. > I have to agree with J Kuemmerle here- it's not _what_ they sing, it's _how_ they sing it. Just about any song turns to magic in Their synthesizers (or whatever). They could probably take that god-awful "Oh what a lucky man he was" song from the 70's and turn it int something very good. And besides, don't you think it'd be a hoot and a holler to see them do "Wannabe"? Stefanie Elliott smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu *http://php.indiana.edu/~smelliot/home.html Craig Kilborn is cool! http://php.indiana.edu/~smelliot/craig.html Conan O'Brien, Sound God! http://php.indiana.edu/~smelliot/conan.html "Joe Rey, stoned at three- barks like a pigeon and watches tv. He's cool. Cooler than I am." -Fountains of Wayne, "Joe Rey" ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 17:56:57 -0500 Subject: TMBG: does anyone remember???? Message-ID: <19971031.175704.6654.3.MokonaBoopBoop@juno.com> From: mokonaboopboop@juno.com (Ranma Saotome) Does anyone remember when everyone on the list was translating S-E-X-X-Y into languages such as German and Russian? It was hilarious!!!!! But it was so long ago and I never did save them. If anyone else did, please post them or send them to me or whatever you want........... Has anyone attempted translating any other songs? Kimberly "the globular hermaphrodite seeker" -Kimicee ------------------------ http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Alley/7534 Bishounen Hunter T =w= #2872 =rna= #11 "We are all the same person trying to shake hands with ourself" ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 23:16:31 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: What do you think?????? Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 31-Oct-97 TMBG: What do you think?????? by "AugieWan"@dancingink.co > 1) What song(s) from the Johns took awhile for you to start liking? My well, for me, a lot of it had to do with hearing songs in concert - I couldn't really appreciate the slow, lethargic version of Twisting that appears on Flood, but after hearing a much livelier version of it in concert, I love it... same thing really for She's Actual Size. the album cut is just... ho hum. Cowtown took me a while, too, for some reason... no idea why, though.. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 20:11:10 -0700 Subject: TMBG: tour date info Message-ID: <19971031.201415.11990.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) hEy HEy! I'm back with more info from last time (sorry people, i gave you crappy info last time... forgive me for trying to help) =) (note the whole lincoln thing...) THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS: November 2nd: * James Madison University* - Harrisonburg, VA - (w/ Lincoln) November 6th: *Mercury Lounge* - NYC November 7th: *Carnegie Mellon Univ.* - Pittsburgh, PA - (w/ Lincoln) November 8th: *Trees* - Dallas, TX - 17+ - (w/ LIncoln) November 9th: *Numbers* - Houston, TX - All Ages - (w/ Lincoln) November 10th: *White Rabbit* - San Antonio, TX - All Ages - (w/ Lincoln) November 11th: *Texas Union Ballroom* - Austin, TX - (w/ Lincoln) November 13th: *Mercury Lounge* - NYC November 14th: *Marshall Auditorium* - HAverford, PA - (w/ Lincoln) November 20th: *Mercury Lounge* - NYC November 21st: *Spectrum Niteclub* - Rochester, NY November 22nd: *Lee's Palace* - Toronto, ONT - Canada November 27th: *Mercury Lounge* - NYC December 13th: *Worcester Polytechnic Institute* - Worcester, MA - (w/ Lincoln) LINCOLN: (see list above) November 27th: *Coton Club* - Atlanta, GA - with "Memory Dean" i dunno... it seems weird to me that lincoln isn't playing with them on thanksgiving... are they from atlanta? is there another band named lincoln? uh, oh yeah, this came from www.tourdates.com/ if anyone else wants to see if they can figure it out =) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 22:29:41 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Translated 3 Message-ID: <19971031.223042.4462.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> On Fri, 31 Oct 1997 17:56:57 -0500 mokonaboopboop@juno.com (Ranma Saotome) writes: >Does anyone remember when everyone on the list was translating >S-E-X-X-Y into languages such as German and Russian? It was >hilarious!!!!! But it was so long ago and I never did save them. If >anyone else did, please post them or send them to me or whatever you >want........... > >Has anyone attempted translating any other songs? > >Kimberly "the globular hermaphrodite seeker" > >-Kimicee >------------------------ >http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Alley/7534 >Bishounen Hunter T =w= #2872 =rna= #11 >"We are all the same person trying to shake hands with ourself" Cbuczek@aol.com once wrote the following message to the list and for a while the translated ver. of "I'll have to keep my self respect or I'll never be a star" line in my sig... of course it was in Latin... BTW this post was pre-Then and it was when Leo put up those bonus tracks on tmbg.org... <> Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) "quod debeo tenere honorem meum Numquam ero vir clarus" -Cbuczek@aol.com/TMBG ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-304 ******************************