Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-306 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 306 Monday, 3 November 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Sara's Fantasy Concert TMBG: Conspiracy Theory Re: TMBG: does anyone remember???? TMBG: My song translations TMBG: Latin translation of "Istanbul" (fwd) TMBG: SEXXY in...Hebrew! (fwd) TMBG: SEXXY en Espaniol (fwd) TMBG: It's Not My Birthday, Jive! TMBG: Spiralling Shape, Jive! TMBG: Birds Fly, Jive! TMBG: Istanbul NON-NON-NON-NON-NON TMBG: Monkey Island TMBG: Christmas Tape Re: TMBG: Christmas Tape Re: TMBG: Christmas Tape NOTTMBG: Batman's Sex Life Re: NOTTMBG: Batman's Sex Life Re: NOTTMBG: Batman's Sex Life sorta TMBG: wally!!! and other stuff TMBG: Math paper TMBG: Non-tmbg: Skeleton Key - opening bands... TMBG: First Kiss Re: NOTTMBG: Batman's Sex Life Re: TMBG: First Kiss TMBG: First Kiss Re: TMBG: Christmas Tape TMBG: JMU show Re: TMBG: JMU show Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19971102095323.006cc5b0@postoffice.brown.edu> Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 09:53:23 -0500 From: Sara P Grady Subject: TMBG: Sara's Fantasy Concert OK, we have been discusssing what bands have opened for TMBG, and what bands we think should open for them. Well, say we create a festival, obviously with more than one band. It could have a quirky name that sounds intelligent. I think that definitely Ben Folds Five, Barenaked Ladies, and They Might Be Giants should be included. Then I was thinking perhaps Soul Coughing...any more suggestions? Sara ><,'> ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 11:44:49 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Conspiracy Theory Message-ID: <19971102.114454.3478.0.MokonaBoopBoop@juno.com> From: mokonaboopboop@juno.com (Ranma Saotome) I have a feeling this has already been discussed on the list, but I've been on for less than a month so I wouldn't know. Last night I went to a movie theater. they play not-so-recent movies there for a reduced price. I went and saw Conspiracy Theory for $1.75. In the movie Mel Gibson kept talking about THEY and THEM. It's a conspiracy of they. They Might Be Giants They Might Be Fake They might Be Lies They Might Be Big Big Fake Fake Lies -Kimicee ------------------------ http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Alley/7534 Bishounen Hunter T =w= #2872 =rna= #11 "We are all the same person trying to shake hands with ourself" ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 14:08:21 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: does anyone remember???? Message-ID: On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, Ranma Saotome wrote: > Does anyone remember when everyone on the list was translating S-E-X-X-Y > into languages such as German and Russian? It was hilarious!!!!! But it > was so long ago and I never did save them. If anyone else did, please > post them or send them to me or whatever you want........... > > Has anyone attempted translating any other songs? > Well, lessee...I got part of "SEXXY" that I translated (transliterated, really) into Hebrew, "SEXXY" en Espaniol, "Istanbul" in Latin, and "It's not my Birthday,"" Birds Fly," and "Spiralling Shape" in Jive. I know, as well, that there are a bunch of songs (I know "Ana Ng" is one of 'em) that were translated into Esperanto (a universal joke, I love it, it is so funny...) I think you can get to them via tmbg.org. I'll post any of the songs that I have saved back if ya'll want 'em. I'm still mourning the pasing of the wonder that was the Jive Translator. All that idiot uproar over Ebonics ruined something that was fun...and don't say anything about it not being "politically correct", because I don't care. Stefanie Elliott smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu *http://php.indiana.edu/~smelliot/home.html Craig Kilborn is cool! http://php.indiana.edu/~smelliot/craig.html Conan O'Brien, Sound God! http://php.indiana.edu/~smelliot/conan.html "Joe Rey, stoned at three- barks like a pigeon and watches tv. He's cool. Cooler than I am." -Fountains of Wayne, "Joe Rey" ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 16:31:59 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: TMBG: My song translations Message-ID: So, I asked for general list support for posting thses song translations, and one peson said they'd like to see them. That's enough for me, so here we go: the songs I will post individually because I don't feel like cutin'-n-pastin'. Anyone who declares that they are annoying can say all they like because again, I don't care. (I'm cultivating (ha!) a new (double ha!) apathetic attitude- I think it's working, because I find that in most cases, I really _don't_ care.) Stefanie Elliott smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu *http://php.indiana.edu/~smelliot/home.html Craig Kilborn is cool! http://php.indiana.edu/~smelliot/craig.html Conan O'Brien, Sound God! http://php.indiana.edu/~smelliot/conan.html "Joe Rey, stoned at three- barks like a pigeon and watches tv. He's cool. Cooler than I am." -Fountains of Wayne, "Joe Rey" ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 16:34:16 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: TMBG: Latin translation of "Istanbul" (fwd) Message-ID: Ok, so this one's not technically _mine_ as in, I didn't actually traslate it myself, but it's in my possession, so, it's all semantics. This was translated by Cbuczek@aol.com, and they mention the existance of a German SEXXY- anyone know where that might be? That'd be interesting to see! ---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 13:27:45 -0500 From: Cbuczek@aol.com To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Latin translation of "Istanbul" Someone posted a German "S-E-X-X-Y" not too long ago, so I thought I'd post a Latin translation of "Istanbul". It's not a literal translation in places, but it's the general idea of the song. Istanbul (Non Constantinople) Scriptores: J. Kennedy et N. Simon Musici: Sint Gigantes Istanbul erat Constantinople, iam est Istanbul, non Constantinople. Fuit diu quoniam Constantinople, Nunc est voluptas Turca in nocte lunae. Omnes puellae in Constantinople vivunt in Istanbul, non Constantinople. Sic si habes diem in Constantinople, Exspectabit in Istanbul. Quidem Novum Eboracum erat Nova Amsterdam, Cur mutabatur, nequeo dicere, Homines id amant meliorem illum modum. Istanbul erat Constantinople, iam est Istanbul, non Constantinople. Fuit diu quoniam Constantinople, Cur Constantinople delebatur? Est modo negotium Turcorum. Thank you and enjoy this. Sincerely, Chris ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 16:35:09 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: TMBG: SEXXY in...Hebrew! (fwd) Message-ID: ---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 00:45:00 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy To: E Aho Laula Subject: SEXXY in...Hebrew! Well, feeling the need once again to jump on the bandwagon (is the road rough? Th weather ain't the best...) I have translated a little of SEXXY into hebrew...or I should perhaps say transliterated. A little like a toungue twister, and I can't translate SEXXY the word itself, I have tried my best... SEXXY od me'ahsher ha'maspeek mesaveev ha'sha'on blee aph ehchad od SEXXY Sham ahtah, Ohmedet ahl ha meetah, Oogeeah beh yahd echad, Pe'ah nachreet al rohsha'h, SEXXY X, kee hee mee'oochedet, beybee Y, kee hee mee'oochedet, beybee Achadeem loh he'eereem ohtah Yoter, Yoter achadeem, ve'zeh kohlal ahtah. Whewh...more later, perhaps. I had to mess with gender a bit to fit rhythm, and instead of "Unnoticed by few" it's "Few don't notice it." But outside of that, there is the first part of SEXXY in hebrew, brought to you by Hem Yecholeem Leeheeyot Ahnahkeem: Shagreereh Ahaveem shell Brooklyn- They Might Be Giants: Brooklyn's Ambassadors of Love. Oh! Aspirate those ch's! I always knew those thirteen years of hebrew would come in handy! :) *^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^ Stefanie Elliott "Well, we'd like to call it 'Purple Toupee', but it's actually called smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu 'Counterfeit Fake'"-Flansy, 12/5/96 **StarWars*DNRC*Medievalist*X-Phile*TMBG*MiSTie #14672*MacUser*Comics*Reader** ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 16:36:28 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: TMBG: SEXXY en Espaniol (fwd) Message-ID: Here's another that's not technically mine as i didn't translate it- it was done by Kilroy here- is s/he still on the list? ---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 22:43:18 GMT From: Kilroy To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: SEXXY en Espaniol This is fun. I do this with songs in my head sometimes, but they rarely fit right. I'm a sixth-year Spanish student, but I wouldn't call myself fluent, so if we have any native speakers lurking, feel free to lash me. We should put this on someone's webpage and see how many translations we can get, like that "I Can Eat Broken Glass" page. Straight outta la frontiera... S-E-X-X-Y (pronounce: es-ay, ehy, ekes, ekes, eee) Mas de bastante Circa del reloj Con nadie otro S-E-X-X-Y Alli es Estancado en la cama Galleta en una mano Peluca en su cabeza S-E-X-X-Y X, porque es extra, bebe Y, porque es extra, bebe Desnoticiado de pocos, muy muy pocos, y ese te incluye... Mira al interno de tu mente Mira al interno de tu ojo Agente secreto sonrie Viene para ver por que (There must be a better way to put that) S-E-X-X-Y X, porque es extra, bebe Y, porque es extra, bebe No comprende Quiere ser tu hombre Tiene otro plan -Kilroy Carnegie Mellon University class of 2001!!!!!! /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ Mayor Golding takes it up the a$$ from the G.O.P. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 16:38:27 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: TMBG: It's Not My Birthday, Jive! Message-ID: Here's one that I sent to the Jive translater- over a year ago! Wow, I didn't realize how old some of these were... ---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 03:12:41 +0100 From: jive@ifi.unizh.ch To: smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu Subject: yo' mail Its Not My Birdday Sheeit de raind falls waaay down widout mah' help I'm afraid, And mah' lawn gits wet dought I've widheld mah' consent, When dis grey wo'ld crumbles likes some cake, I'll be hangin' fum de hope, Dat I'll neva' see dat recipe again. 'S coo', bruh. As ah' walk ah' dink about some new way t'walk, As ah' dink I'm usin down de time left t'dink, And dis train keeps rollin' uh de tracks, Tryin' t'act likes somdin' else, Tryin' t'go where its been uninvited. It's not mah' birdday, it's not today! It's not mah' birdday so's why do ya' lunge out at me, When de wo'd comes waaay down, "Neva' mo'e gots'ta be around," And I'll wish ya' wuz dere, ah' wuz less dan we could bear, And I'm not da damn only dust mah' moda' raised. So I'm rattlin' de bars around dis drink tank, Discreetly ah' should pour drought da damn keyhole o' evapo'ate completely. Slap mah fro! But dere'd be no puh'centage, and dere'd be no proof, And da damn sound upon de roof be only booze. Sheeit de rain falls waaay down widout mah' help, I'm afraid, And mah' lawn gits wet dought I've widheld mah' consent, When dis grey wo'ld crumbles likes some cake, I'll be hangin' fum de hope, Dat I'll neva' see dat recipe again. 'S coo', bruh. It's not mah' birdday, its not today! It's not mah' birdday so's why do ya' lunge out at me? When de wo'd comes waaay down, "Neva' mo'e gots'ta be around," So I'll wish ya' wuz dere, ah' wuz less dan we could bear, And I'm not da damn only dust mah' moda' raised. I's gots'ta be not da damn only dust mah' moda' raised! *^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^ Stefanie Elliott "Who'll teach me drama? Who'll be mah' actin' coach? ah' love da damn deatre of smelliot@falstaff. Peace.ucs.indiana. Sheeeiit.edu Dr. Ah be baaad... Kildare!" -Monopuff, "Dr. Ah be baaad... Kildare" **StarWars*DNRC*Medievalist*X-Phile*TMBG*MiSTie #14672*MacUser*Comics*Reader** ========= greetin' JIBE at da Department uh Computa' Science, University uh Zurich ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 16:40:13 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: TMBG: Spiralling Shape, Jive! Message-ID: Here's another that I sent to the late lamented Jive translater. You just can't beat that funky watermellon. ---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Sun, 22 Sep 1996 09:18:05 +0200 From: jive@ifi.unizh.ch To: smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu Subject: yo' mail Spirallin' Shape Down, waaay down, waaay down ya' go, No way t'stop. As ya' fall, here me call, No, no, no. Listen t'dis warnin' and, Consida' dese, Simple wo'ds, uh advice, Stop, stop, stop. Foggin' de view, Cuppin' face t'de window, In darkness ya' make out some Spirallin' Shape. What it is, Mama! Puttin' all reason aside, You's 'shange whut ya' gots Fo' some din' dat's hypnotic and strange. What it is, Mama! De Spirallin' Shape gots'ta make ya' go insane (Everyone be hankerin' aftah see dat groovy wahtahmellun) But everyone be hankerin' aftah see dat groovy wahtahmellun, (Everyone be hankerin' aftah see dat wahtahmellun.) And nobody knows whut it's really likes, But everyone says it's great. And dey heard it fum de Spiral in deir eye (Spiral in deir eye. What it is, Mama!) Dis could lead t'excellence, Or serious injury. Slap mah fro! Only one way t'know, Go, go, go. Go a'haid and wreck yo' life, Dat might be baaaad. Who kin say whut's wrong o' right? Nobody kin. Put out yo' hands as ya' fall drough de window, And clawin' at nodin' ya' fall drough de floo', Yo' terrified screams are inaudible, Drowned in de Sprial a'haid and consumed in de Shape. What it is, Mama! De Spirallin' Shape wid make ya' go insane! (Everyone be hankerin' aftah see dat groovy wahtahmellun!) But everyone be hankerin' aftah see dat groovy wahtahmellun! (Everyone be hankerin' aftah see dat wahtahmellun!) And now dat ya''ve tried it, Youse bound t'repo't, Dat da damn Spirallin' Shape wuz some fraud and some fake! You's dun didn't enjoy it, ya''ll neva' believe it, Dere won't be some refund, ya''ll neva' go back! De Spirallin' shape gots'ta make ya' go Insane! *^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^ Stefanie Elliott "Mo'e dinkin'. We are sheeit challenged mah' little-ass homey." smelliot@falstaff. Peace.ucs.indiana. Sheeeiit.edu -De Tick **StarWars*DNRC*Medievalist*X-Phile*Punk*MiSTie #14672*MacUser*Comics*Reader** ========= greetin' JIBE at da Department uh Computa' Science, University uh Zurich ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 16:41:48 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: TMBG: Birds Fly, Jive! Message-ID: And here's the last that I sent to the Jive translater. ---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 03:04:21 +0100 From: jive@ifi.unizh.ch To: smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu Subject: yo' mail Birds Fly Birds fly, into mah' windshield, Doughts fall fum mah' doughts. Dis baaaad luck charm hangin' off uh my arm Was left here by de honky pigs. Wo'ds fall, out fum mah' pocket, And cats boogy unda' my feet. Dis colourful spell unda' which ah' live, Protects me fum all dat ah' scribble. And da damn microscope reveals de scope Of mah' real best intenshuns, Yes de tiny light, Shines twice as bright On de only supa' fine part uh me. What it is, Mama! Birds fly into mah' windshield, Doughts fall fum mah' doughts. Dis baaaad luck charm hangin' off uh my arm, Was left here by de honky pigs. And da damn microscope, reveals de scope Of mah' real best intenshuns. Yes de tiny light, Shines twice as bright On de only supa' fine part uh me. What it is, Mama! *^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^ Stefanie Elliott "Who'll teach me drama? Who'll be mah' actin' coach? ah' love da damn deatre of smelliot@falstaff. Peace.ucs.indiana. Sheeeiit.edu Dr. Ah be baaad... Kildare!" -Monopuff, "Dr. Ah be baaad... Kildare" **StarWars*DNRC*Medievalist*X-Phile*TMBG*MiSTie #14672*MacUser*Comics*Reader** ========= greetin' JIBE at da Department uh Computa' Science, University uh Zurich ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 18:25:13 -0600 (GMT-0600) From: "It's done with mirrors" Subject: TMBG: Istanbul Message-ID: Last night I was watching the Anastasia US Pro Ice Skating Championships and Denise Biellman, an olympic skater from the 60's and 70's, skated to Istanbul. It wasn't the version we all know and love, but sung by a woman whose name I can't remember and it was a slower, swingy, really horn-heavy style. I really liked it and I think TMBG could have done a great job with it in this style back during the John Henry-era tours. I miss the Velcro Horns :( **************** Amy Greenlese :) Music Educator Extraordinare http://www2.onu.edu/~stu1336 "I have seen slower people than I am -- and even quieter, and more listless, and lazier people than I am. But they were dead." - Mark Twain ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 15:05:52 -0500 Subject: NON-NON-NON-NON-NON TMBG: Monkey Island Message-ID: <19971102.195334.4462.2.Mr.Train@juno.com> I beat Monkey Island again today and noticed in the credits something I had not noticed before... It said "Sam and Max appear courtesy of [some name here]" I had never noticed Sam and Max anywhere in the game... has anyone seen them in Monk.Isl.? Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) On Sat, 1 Nov 1997 14:20:42 -0800 (PST) winningh writes: > > >Monkey Island!!!!!! Now you have reminded me of my beloved Sierra >games of >yore, and their endearing attempt at piracy protection. We called poor >Seamus at 2 am to use his pirate wheel >:} >Sarah "Alexander Examines The Stone Shelf" Winningham >Who has never written to the list before but thinks Leffel is just >great. > > ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 19:53:33 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Christmas Tape Message-ID: <19971102.195334.4462.3.Mr.Train@juno.com> Hey! Train here! I am making my Holiday Tape '97 and I have the final tentative list of songs... in no particular order... We Just Go Nuts At Christams Time - TMBG Sanats Beard - TMBG O Tannenbaum - TMBG Careless Santa - Mono Puff Christmas Cards - TMBG Careless Santa - Mono Puff Auld Lang Syne - TMBG (12-31-89 Knitting Factory) Santa Clause is Smoking Reefer - Squirrel Nut Zippers Christmas at the Zoo - Flaming Lips Careless Santa - Mono Puff Winter Reveries/Closing of the Year - "Toys" sndtrk. Wintertime - Steve Miller Band December - Collective Soul Careless Santa - Mono Puff Happy X-mas (War is Over) - John Lennon Santa, Baby - ? Up on The Housetop - Jimmy Buffett Ho Ho Ho and a bottle of Rhum - Jimmy Buffet Careless Santa - Mono Puff Run, Run Rudolf -Jimmy Buffett Cupid - TMBG (I know, but valentines day is kinda close to Christmas/New Years this on is a big maybe) The Chipmunk Song [ed. note: "Me I want a hula hooooop] - Alvin and the Chipmunks Brick - Ben Folds Five (I know this is reaching... "...Day after Christmas...") and finally Careless Santa - Mono Puff So there you go 19 songs (not counting all the Careless Santa's) I am putting on a 60 min. tape... maybe it will work Happy Christmas to you and yours, Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 18:06:32 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: Christmas Tape Message-ID: On Sun, 2 Nov 1997 mr.train@juno.com listed to port: > We Just Go Nuts At Christams Time - TMBG > Sanats Beard - TMBG > O Tannenbaum - TMBG > Careless Santa - Mono Puff > Christmas Cards - TMBG > Careless Santa - Mono Puff > Auld Lang Syne - TMBG (12-31-89 Knitting Factory) > Santa Clause is Smoking Reefer - Squirrel Nut Zippers > Christmas at the Zoo - Flaming Lips > Careless Santa - Mono Puff > Winter Reveries/Closing of the Year - "Toys" sndtrk. > Wintertime - Steve Miller Band > December - Collective Soul > Careless Santa - Mono Puff > Happy X-mas (War is Over) - John Lennon > Santa, Baby - ? santa, baby was done by eartha kitt. > Up on The Housetop - Jimmy Buffett > Ho Ho Ho and a bottle of Rhum - Jimmy Buffet > Careless Santa - Mono Puff > Run, Run Rudolf -Jimmy Buffett > Cupid - TMBG (I know, but valentines day is kinda close to Christmas/New > Years this on is a big maybe) > The Chipmunk Song [ed. note: "Me I want a hula hooooop] - Alvin and the > Chipmunks > Brick - Ben Folds Five (I know this is reaching... "...Day after > Christmas...") > and finally Careless Santa - Mono Puff > > So there you go 19 songs (not counting all the Careless Santa's) I am > putting on a 60 min. tape... maybe it will work i know this isn't a tmbg song per se, but you might want to throw in careless santa by monopuff... -jim kuemmerle, who apparently wouldn't know a dead horse if it jumped up and bit him... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668 which will be updated as soon as i'm through with this freakin' protein biochemistry exam... ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199711030135.TAA09384@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "mal" Subject: Re: TMBG: Christmas Tape Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 19:21:19 -0600 > > Santa, Baby - ? > > santa, baby was done by eartha kitt. > So was Adam West. AAAAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA HAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHA HAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAA http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~broz/tmbg.html has been finally updated, but since I'm not the actual HTML-er.. it wasn't ...quite...how I thought it would end up looking... um... Mike "See, Adam West was the Batman, and Eartha was the Catwoman, and they did the wanky. Oh, and Hogan was bludgeoned to death." Leffel ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 18:23:06 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: NOTTMBG: Batman's Sex Life Message-ID: On Sun, 2 Nov 1997, mal wrote: > > > Santa, Baby - ? > > > > santa, baby was done by eartha kitt. > > > > So was Adam West. > (snippety)... > > Mike "See, Adam West was the Batman, and Eartha > was the Catwoman,... wait a minute. i thought *julie newmar* was the catwoman. > ...and they did the wanky. Oh, and > Hogan was bludgeoned to death." Leffel -jim kuemmerle, who likes the word 'bludgeon'. j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668 the protein biochemistry struggle rages on... ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19971102205214.006a44d8@130.127.28.14> Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 20:52:14 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: NOTTMBG: Batman's Sex Life At 06:23 PM 11/2/97 -0700, you wrote: > >wait a minute. i thought *julie newmar* was the catwoman. IIRC, there were 3 Catwomen, right? I know Julie Newmar and Eartha Kitt were 2 of 'em...did the '66 movie have a different Catwoman? >-jim kuemmerle, who likes the word 'bludgeon'. "Batholith" is cool, too. -Adam, who hates to perpetuate this thread. :) /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 19:22:24 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: NOTTMBG: Batman's Sex Life Message-ID: On Sun, 2 Nov 1997, Adam Tyner wrote: > At 06:23 PM 11/2/97 -0700, you wrote: > > > >wait a minute. i thought *julie newmar* was the catwoman. > > IIRC, there were 3 Catwomen, right? I know Julie Newmar and Eartha Kitt > were 2 of 'em...did the '66 movie have a different Catwoman? oops! my mistake. there were two catwomen; eartha kitt filled in for julie newmar for three episodes in '67 while julie newmar was filming a movie. sorry! > >-jim kuemmerle, who likes the word 'bludgeon'. > > "Batholith" is cool, too. and 'leviathan'. > -Adam, who hates to perpetuate this thread. :) -jim kuemmerle, who figures this thread is over now, and now this thread is over now, and now this thread is over now, this thread is over now. j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668 lysines and tyrosines and base pairs, oh my!! ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 20:26:50 -0600 (CST) From: Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: sorta TMBG: wally!!! and other stuff Message-ID: > addressed before, but i'm going to bring it up. Who does everyone think > that TMBG are cut out to play shows with? I mean, we all agree that > opening for Hootie was just wrong, but who would be good? My thoughts: > Wally Pleasant (I'd give a lung and a half to see this one take shape) I love Wally! :) And Wally apparently likes Lincoln, NE too, because he's played here twice in two months. (Which is *certainly* more than I can say for a couple of Johns we all know, unfortunately.) He does lots of cool audience participation stuff like Bingo (we didn't get to play last time because he didn't have very many cards), trivia contests, and having us hum Pachelbel's Canon in D as backup vocals on "Lost Weekend Las Vegas." Oh, and as a soon-to-be college grad, I think "Postgraduate Overeducated Out-Of-Work Blues" is my new anthem. Wally is just so cool. ...but actually, the more I think about it, Wally opening on tour for TMBG would probably be bad from my perspective because it would mean I wouldn't get to see either of them for a really long time. TMBG never ever ever ever *ever* comes here, and if Wally toured with Them, then Wally wouldn't be making his usual Nebraska stops either. But I'm sure it would be great for the rest of you all. :) Speaking of which, does anyone know if there are any Wally pages with sound clips? I know there's one page with a bunch of RealAudio clips, but for some reason now I get a "You don't have permission to access (whatever the URL was) on this server" message. Blah. > Ben Folds Five > Moxy Fruvous I would love to see either one of these bands...I almost got to see BF5 last spring, but it would have meant a road trip on the weekend before lots and lots of finals. I don't know if Moxy Fruvous has ever been out this way, actually. Well, I can always hope. --Tara "OK kids! Today we're going to do a science experiment...do you like science? Yeah, me too!...now I want you all to look at the sun....that's right, keep looking...do you see those dark spots, boys and girls? That's your retina burning up! Can you say `permanent optical damage,' kids?" --Wally Pleasant, "Bad Kid Show Host" -- Tara Weber 00085244@bigred.unl.edu, Ondine@tmbg.org http://members.tripod.com/~TaraW "We want everybody to have a good time, but we're not on a rock hero trip." --John Flansburgh "It's more of a rock gyro trip." --John Linnell ****MSTie #74191, TMBGer #38978**** ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19971030234723.00709838@mailbox.ucdavis.edu> Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 18:25:47 -0800 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: Math paper >PS- if any one has any ideas I might be able to use I'd love to hear >'em! Of course, you've already decided not to write your paper on the obvious connections between the Cauchy-Schwartz inequality and the log of the frequency of drum beats in "Hall of Heads"... really too easy, I agree. :) If your math class includes beginning logic, I suggest Weep Day. (I'm suggesting Weep Day for everything, notice that? Maybe I just really like Weep Day.) --nicole twn *** "I didn't write the words you hear me singing. I didn't sing the line before this one."--They Might Be Giants Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn Public PGP key at http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn/key.html ncarlson@mail.arc.nasa.gov nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 19:48:54 -0700 Subject: TMBG: Non-tmbg: Skeleton Key - opening bands... Message-ID: <19971102.194901.21094.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) AAaacK! I just found out that Skeleton key played in boulder last night and are doing so again tonight! only $3 and i can't go! grr... anyways, this is somewhat related to TMBG because "the reejers" are opening for SK and when TMBG came to denver back in january the reejers opened for them. Since opening bands have become the latest thread i thot i'd join in.... First, let me explain my position regarding opening bands... i hate them. i've only liked one opening band... *Nerf Herder* (who have now become my sencond fave band...) anyways, they opened for BHG about a year ago with a band called *22 jacks* who i personally thot blew major goats. Anyways, during one of their songs they invited everyone to get up on stage... no one would. so i got up there, looked a little confused, and went a took a big gulp full of the lead singers water and spit it all over their crap. then i went up to the mic and said, "this band sucks" at that point i was nicely shown off of the stage... my point being i have no respect and i'm a bitch especially regarding opening bands... The reejers sucked and if it weren't for the lead singers strikingly odd resemblence to Kurt Cobain i prolly would have gone crazy-cooky mad listening to them. when i went to the KU show back in may Gravel pit opened for them... i think i would have hated them a lot more if it weren't for the fact that i had just taken a 10 hour drive (altho it didn;t take that long... what would the world be like w/o radar detectors?) to get there and just wanted to see TMBG that i kinda was in a daze while they were on stage... i was mostly interested in watching linnell standing on the side of the stage taking pictures of the audience...=) uh yeah, so that;s my three cents regarding opening bands for TMBG. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html hahaa, the Dj at KTCL (alf) just started talking about how he got lost on the way to the TMBG show w/ Frank Black in boulder back in '94... that's kinda freeaky! =) everyone in CO... listen to alf's 'all request retro show' every sunday night from 10pm-2am on 93.3 KTCL - he always plays TMBG for me and other things like puttin on the ritz and coo TMBG related stuff... (whenever he plays an XTC song it'll be followed by an Adam Ant song =)) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <345D3BC2.A3DF9308@nmt.edu> Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 19:49:38 -0700 From: Nick Wolf Subject: TMBG: First Kiss I have an mp2 of a live recording of First Kiss and I can't find any webpages that have the lyrics listed. Does anyone know of any, or could you post the lyrics yourself? ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 19:50:11 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: NOTTMBG: Batman's Sex Life Message-ID: On Sun, 2 Nov 1997, Adam Tyner wrote: > At 06:23 PM 11/2/97 -0700, you wrote: > > > >wait a minute. i thought *julie newmar* was the catwoman. > > IIRC, there were 3 Catwomen, right? I know Julie Newmar and Eartha Kitt > were 2 of 'em...did the '66 movie have a different Catwoman? took me a while to find it, but yep. julie newmar was again unavailable, so they cast lee meriwether instead. -jim kuemmerle, filling in for the temporarily unavailable julie newmar. j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668 update pending. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <345D4475.753C@ix.netcom.com> Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 22:26:45 -0500 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: wekbuh (WECB) Subject: Re: TMBG: First Kiss > I have an mp2 of a live recording of First Kiss and I can't find any > webpages that have the lyrics listed. Does anyone know of any, or could > you post the lyrics yourself? I believe I have already posted something resembling the lyrics to First Kiss.. check the archives. I think I did that a few weeks ago. If no one can find it, I'll do it again, no problem. :^) Amanda "If Karl Marx weren't already dead...I'd kill him." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <345D4858.D40EFDBC@nmt.edu> Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 20:43:20 -0700 From: Nick Wolf Subject: TMBG: First Kiss I checked the archives but my recording is slightly different. Instead of "The morning, the phone rings" mine says "The morning, alarm rings". Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though :) Refund ------------------------------ Message-ID: <345D856D.3A7C@geocities.com> Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 00:03:57 -0800 From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Organization: The Intergalactic Cult of VoVat Subject: Re: TMBG: Christmas Tape J Kuemmerle wrote: > > On Sun, 2 Nov 1997 mr.train@juno.com listed to port: > > > We Just Go Nuts At Christams Time - TMBG > > Sanats Beard - TMBG > > O Tannenbaum - TMBG > > Careless Santa - Mono Puff > > Christmas Cards - TMBG > > Careless Santa - Mono Puff > > Auld Lang Syne - TMBG (12-31-89 Knitting Factory) > > Santa Clause is Smoking Reefer - Squirrel Nut Zippers > > Christmas at the Zoo - Flaming Lips > > Careless Santa - Mono Puff > > Winter Reveries/Closing of the Year - "Toys" sndtrk. > > Wintertime - Steve Miller Band > > December - Collective Soul > > Careless Santa - Mono Puff > > Happy X-mas (War is Over) - John Lennon > > Santa, Baby - ? > > santa, baby was done by eartha kitt. > > > Up on The Housetop - Jimmy Buffett > > Ho Ho Ho and a bottle of Rhum - Jimmy Buffet > > Careless Santa - Mono Puff > > Run, Run Rudolf -Jimmy Buffett > > Cupid - TMBG (I know, but valentines day is kinda close to Christmas/New > > Years this on is a big maybe) > > The Chipmunk Song [ed. note: "Me I want a hula hooooop] - Alvin and the > > Chipmunks > > Brick - Ben Folds Five (I know this is reaching... "...Day after > > Christmas...") > > and finally Careless Santa - Mono Puff > > > > So there you go 19 songs (not counting all the Careless Santa's) I am > > putting on a 60 min. tape... maybe it will work > > i know this isn't a tmbg song per se, but you might want to throw in > careless santa by monopuff... You might also want to add Careless Santa. -- Nathan Mulac DeHoff vovat@geocities.com or lnvf@grove.iup.edu http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <345D6053.7E50@rica.net> Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 00:25:39 -0500 From: Joey Groah Subject: TMBG: JMU show Despite a lackluster crowd TMBG whuped some major tail. Flansburgh was really into the show, everybody else seemed to enjoy themselves. Hal was great. Towards the end Linnell's keyboard rose up off its stand and he caught it and I think he laughed, he was turned away from the crowd. Pupet heads were cool, as was the Stick.Confetti cannon was awesome Out of five shows I have seen this rates as number two out of five. The show took place in a gym so there was A LOT of room, plenty of bleacher seats and lots of dancing in the back. All around a great show. A guy I know interviewed Linnell a couple of hours before the show and he said it went well and that Linnell was really talkative. He wasn't sure if it would air on the radio but he was positive it would appear in the radio station's magazine. Any interest and I will post when it's public. Setlist in no order: Triboro I Am Not Your Broom Ana Ng Birdhouse WDTSS? HCISLAG? Spy Dr. Worm Snail Shell S.E.X.X.Y. James K. Polk Particle Man TMHFO Dig My Grave Istanbul New York City Twisting Lie Still, Little Bottle Shoehorn No One Knows My Plan The Guitar Actual Size And I think that's it. Love them Giants. Joey, who has spotted Shingo over at Mike Leffel's house ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199711030618.AAA14605@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "mal" Subject: Re: TMBG: JMU show Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 23:59:05 -0600 >He wasn't > sure if it would air on the radio but he was positive it would appear in > the radio station's magazine. Any interest and I will post when it's > public. > I deliver to you a nugget of what is entitled 'Interest'. > And I think that's it. Love them Giants. > > Joey, who has spotted Shingo over at Mike Leffel's house Joey just won the Fist Annual Montgomery Burns Award. I bow to his esteemed use of a Bizarre and Pointless reference that quite frankly I did not expect in any way, shape or form, or even Giant Starscream. Mike "The Moon Battle, Decepticons vs. Autobots-- The Crater" Leffel ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-306 ******************************