Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-311 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 311 Saturday, 8 November 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: it's still moderated? TMBG: Re: John Henry TMBG: tMBg related ramblings... TMBG: Severe Tire Damage TMBG: John Henry TMBG: We're Def! Re: TMBG: ramblings TMBG: Some Band Name How They Got It Thing Thats Not all That Informative TMBG: Going to Dalls show Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 23:35:56 -0500 (EST) From: "Jessica T. Russell" Subject: Re: TMBG: it's still moderated? Message-id: > It seems to be, at least on my end. I haven't been getting a steady stream > of posts...more like a flood at once. > Ha ha, you said "flood"! Anyway, I just got John Henry today, and I don't know what to think about it. I had heard that it wasn't one of their strongest albums, but does it get better after you listen to it more? *************************************************************************** "There are three kinds of people in the world...those who can count and those who can't." "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger." ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19971106234310.0069d978@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 23:43:10 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Re: John Henry At 11:35 PM 11/6/97 -0500, you wrote: > >Anyway, I just got John Henry today, and I don't know what to think about >it. I had heard that it wasn't one of their strongest albums, but does it >get better after you listen to it more? Well, I know one-line posts are frowned upon, but in a word: yes. :) Although it's not their strongest album, it's still quite good, and there are a number of incredible songs on there. I couldn't imagine my TMBG collection without "I Should Be Allowed To Think", "AKA Driver", "Meet James Ensor", or "The End Of The Tour" (among others). -Adam ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 05:42:27 -0700 Subject: TMBG: tMBg related ramblings... Message-ID: <19971107.054236.12022.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) hEy HEy! buddy... it's a little thing called a moderated list... < TMBG boots have told me that they'll only trade; since I don't have any, how am I supposed to get started, unless I buy some from this place?> altho i really don't want the 2:1 thread back... you can find a grip of people that are willing to trade for blanks (me!) as we all realize that everyone has to start somewhere... < If you would like to help, send him a letter at bicknell@ufp.org> despite my feelings on this whole censoship thing... i doubt that flooding leo with mail saying "we want our list back" is gonna do jack... that was freeeky.... as i was reading this post i was listening to 40 oz to freedom (sublime) when they they thanked MP just as i read the words MP... < and both George and Jerry say: Trytophan!> yah, for some odd reason tryptophan comes up a lot in my bio class... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html *Why can't i be in TX now?* ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19971107074911.0069a158@130.127.28.14> Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 07:49:11 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Severe Tire Damage Someone on the TMBG wwwboard said that in a copy of a radio interview they had, the Johns said that STD will be coming out near the beginning of next year! Woo-hoo! TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9711071519.AA03352@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: John Henry Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 10:19:19 -0500 (EST) > Anyway, I just got John Henry today, and I don't know what to think about > it. I had heard that it wasn't one of their strongest albums, but does it > get better after you listen to it more? > I think I understand where all of the disparity comes from in people's opinions of John Henry, even though I thought it is was a fantastic album from the start. It is a departure from any sound they had in the past and really any sound they've had since then. It is heavy on the velcro horns and has that nearly live album feel on a number of tracks. So it depends on if you like those 2 things or not, really. Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19971107150624.0071431c@mailbox.ucdavis.edu> Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 15:06:32 -0800 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: We're Def! >Great Jiminy Christmas! Is this for real? Of course it is! My inside informant tells me that track #3 is (what else?) Number Three, sung by William Shatner. Any word yet on whether or not they were able to get the Cranberries to cover Birdhouse In Your Soul? And please join me in hoping that they didn't let the Spice Girls anywhere NEAR Stompbox. >Well, everyone has to start somewhere. :) Some people out there are cool >enough to do a 2:1 trade (where you send them 2 blank tapes for 1 tape of >material). That way, you both get something out of it, even though no >money exchanges hands. And some people are cooler still, and will free trade (you send 1 blank tape and pay postage both ways). Ask! --nicole the wonder nerd *** "Can anyone stop The Blob?!?"--my programming textbook Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn Public PGP key at http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn/key.html ncarlson@mail.arc.nasa.gov nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 18:25:33 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: ramblings Message-ID: <19971107.184725.10334.0.johnhenry5@juno.com> From: johnhenry5@juno.com (Andrew Nichols) -I heard Ben Folds Five in the grocery store yesterday! This is also way off the subject of TMBG, it's also off of what you said, but it kind of counts because you said Ben Folds Five. I flipped on the radio , and to my surprise, the local station was playing Brick. It's some kind of conspiracy. " The cows are not what they seem" kind of stuff. What's also cool is two songs after, they played Soul Coughing. Now back To TMBG. I'm in a theater class in my high school, and we had to do one of the most boring things in the world. WRITE A PLAY!!! NOOO!!! Anyway, one of my friends did a play about a talk show(they stole the idea from me). What makes this interesting is the guys name was John Flansburgh. I asked him what happened to Linnell, and he said he died. I guess that's what happens when bands break up. I guess that's enough blabber for a while. Johnny ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199711080020.SAA13373@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "mal" Subject: TMBG: Some Band Name How They Got It Thing Thats Not all That Informative Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 18:05:49 -0600 Something of probable interest. Our Johns aren''t mentioned so much though... http://www.buffalo.edu/~elizondo/rubband/ Mike "Mister Oneirgmo-teutophobe" Leffel (fear of German Wet Dreams) ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 21:19:24 -0500 (EST) Message-Id: <199711080219.VAA09444@ussenterprise.ufp.org> From: The Denominator Subject: TMBG: Going to Dalls show Hey all you kooky people out there, I just wanted to let everyone know that i WILL be going to the show in dallas on Saturday, and i WANT to meet some listers there... i will be wearing a bright orange TMBG shirt (with the misc T logo on the front) and will be with 3 other guys (one with blue hair, a short asian, and a big redheaded irish guy). Come up to me and introduce yourself if you're going! I plan on bootlegging the show as well, so if you have any info that can help, lemme know. Thanks, Kris aka THE DENOMINATOR ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-311 ******************************