Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-313 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 313 Monday, 10 November 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Everyone's Your Friend in the City of Angels TMBG: Meat puppets thread... Re: TMBG: Everyone's Your Friend in the City of Angels TMBG: Catalog? TMBG: TMBG site closing down TMBG: Santa's Beard Re: TMBG: We're Def question TMBG: Dallas Show Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <34658ADD.A1CD7123@pacificnet.net> Date: Sun, 09 Nov 1997 02:05:24 -0800 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Everyone's Your Friend in the City of Angels Don't these guys ever rest? Since they don't, why cant they get out to California? Its been a awhile. Mercury Lounge, Mercury Lounge, Mercury Lounge, Mercury Lounge, Mercury Lounge....! Do they have some kinda New Yorker anti-L.A. thing? Come Johns to the land where warm weather and bikini clad babes await you. -B O N G O >From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) >hEy hEY! >so it has been confirmed that they will be playing at the merc. lounge >every thursday in december also (well, cept for christmas...) ah well... >lotsa new dates check it out! >THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS >November 8th: *Trees* - Dallas, TX - 17+ - (w/ LIncoln) >November 9th: *Numbers* - Houston, TX - All Ages - (w/ Lincoln) >November 10th: *White Rabbit* - San Antonio, TX - All Ages - (w/ >Lincoln) >November 11th: *Texas Union Ballroom* - Austin, TX - (w/ Lincoln) >November 13th: *Mercury Lounge* - NYC >November 14th: *Marshall Auditorium* - HAverford, PA - (w/ Lincoln) >November 19th: *Brandeis University* - Waltham, MA - (w/ Lincoln) >November 20th: *Mercury Lounge* - NYC >November 21st: *Spectrum Niteclub* - Rochester, NY - (w/ Lincoln) >November 22nd: *Lee's Palace* - Toronto, ONT - Canada >November 23rd: *SUNY* (Hewitt Union Ballroom) - Oswego, NY - (w/ >Lincoln) >November 27th: *Mercury Lounge* - NYC >December 4th: *Mercury Lounge* - NYC >December 11th: *Mercury Lounge* - NYC >December 13th: *Worcester Polytechnic Institute* - Worcester, MA - (w/ >Lincoln) >December 18th: *Mercury Lounge* - NYC >LINCOLN: (see above as well) >November 27th: *Cotton Club* - Atlanta, GA - (w/ Memory Dean) >take it easy, JOrdaN >http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html > *the purple crackberry, not the red one* ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 08:03:36 -0700 Subject: TMBG: Meat puppets thread... Message-ID: <19971109.080343.3286.3.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) <> <<(Just for the record I like the Meat Puppets version better than the TMBG, because TMBG forgot a verse!!!)>> i love meat puppets version of whirlpool a lot better, too! =) It's on their album, *Forbidden places* which is a coo album but definately not thier best... anyways, i suggest that if you like the TMBG version of whirlpool you should definately go out and get the MP version =) since we're on the matter, what does everyone think of cub's version of *NYC*? how bout blood hound gang's version of *it's tricky*? =) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***the purple crackberry, not the red one*** ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19971109111252.0069a3b0@130.127.28.14> Date: Sun, 09 Nov 1997 11:12:52 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Everyone's Your Friend in the City of Angels At 02:05 AM 11/9/97 -0800, you wrote: > > Mercury Lounge, Mercury Lounge, Mercury Lounge, Mercury >Lounge, Mercury Lounge....! Do they have some kinda New >Yorker anti-L.A. thing? Lots o' Mercury Lounge shows = heavy preparation for a new album, right? TTYL, -Adam, who wishes they'd come down South again /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19971109111410.006a0758@130.127.28.14> Date: Sun, 09 Nov 1997 11:14:10 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Catalog? I heard on the TMBG Musings board that there's a new TMBG catalog being mailed to info club subscribers, and it has new t-shirts (including Hal as a model?) and John Linnell's CDs sold outside of the Hello Records "buy a year or else" section. TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: MrShow@aol.com Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 12:19:51 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <971109121950_1468650335@mrin86.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: TMBG site closing down I'm sorry to do this but I'm just annouceing that I'm closing down my TMBG web site in 2 weeks after 9 fun filled months. If you would like to see it one last time the address is http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/7824. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3465F50E.DA52979E@indy.net> Date: Sun, 09 Nov 1997 12:38:22 -0500 From: Scott Shoger Subject: TMBG: Santa's Beard Hello, fellow TMBG fans. This is my first post to this list and I got a question to ask. In the Just Can't Get Enough: New Wave Christmas thing, this is what they say in the liner notes about Santa's Beard. "...and NY's TMBG are represented by two items. 'Santa's Beard' was an obscure SINGLE from the duo's Bar/None label era,..." I checked the discography and they have no record of any single even containing Santa's Beard. Anybody know anything about this? Scott, who got his Constantinople single and S-E-X-X-Y remixes yesterday and now wishes that his turntable wasn't broken ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 20:41:01 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: We're Def question Message-ID: <19971109.204101.3622.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> I've heard a lot about this... but I have heard conflicting track listings... So I will ask the list.. Is Rupaul or Prince doing SEXXY??? I gotta know!! Ummm... Sorry about the no TMBG content BTW... he he... Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 23:34:49 -0500 (EST) Message-Id: <199711100434.XAA17943@ussenterprise.ufp.org> From: The Denominator Subject: TMBG: Dallas Show Well well well (deep subjects) I have returned from my jaunt southward to my homeland of Texas to see Them at the esteemed Trees in beautiful Deep Ellum, Dallas. It was a great show, which goes without saying... but anyway, here's the skinny: I'm not posting the setlist, since i dont have one... i remember most of the song they played, but not the order. From looking at Their playlists from other shows, i think they have a rotating schedule of songs... however, it seems that i always hit the same ones.. they played SEXXY, James K Polk, Shes Actual Size, Twistin, TMHFO, Pet Name, Shoehorn w/ Teeth.. all of these at the 3 shows ive been to. But only a night or 2 before, they played I Pal I and James Ensor, along with others ive NEVER seen them play before.. ahh i guess thats just the effect of seeing allt he shows from the same tour :) Also, I met a lot of cool people there at the show, including our own Paul (i dunno his last name) and his girlfriend? Anyway, lots neat ppl there, and the location was great: minimal security, no "pass the dude," and we only had to wait outside 2 hours longer than we had expected. all in all a pretty good experience.. I did get a boot of the show, but (DAMN THE TAPE LENGHTS!!) i did not get the last 2 songs... sigh, i feel so incompetent making incomplete bootlegs... you experts out there need to enlighten me as to how you get the whole blasted things... i had a 100 min tape, but flipped it about 10 mins premature cuz i didnt want it to cuz out int he middle of a song, and i dont have a good way of judging how much time is left on a side... That aside... did i mention the show rocked? I just happened to be dressed the same as the band, who were decked out in orange shirts and black clacks (except Dan, of course, who has to be different). They didnt come out for autographs either, which kinda sucked, but I got some good pics from the show and a spiffy new GIANTS INSECTS dial-a-song shirt, which was offered for the first time at this show.. woohoo. Let's see... anything else... oh yeah, they played a wicked "cd-skip" fast version of shoehorn, which was almost as cool ast their "wicked slow" version in St. Louis. I cannot think of much more. The bootleg should be ready in about a week (i gotta fix it a little, fit it to a tape size, etc...) ill let ya know when its ready, and post a setlist. Anywag, homework awaits... must re-enter mainstream USA Yours in Podiatry, The Denominator ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-313 ******************************