Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-319 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 319 Sunday, 16 November 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Moxy Might Be Fruvous TMBG: Brandeis Show TMBG: A Very TMBG Christmas Re: TMBG: A Very TMBG Christmas Re: TMBG: A Very TMBG Christmas TMBG: Brian Doherty & XTC TMBG: KIT KAT ANABOLIC BREAK Re: TMBG: KIT KAT ANABOLIC BREAK TMBG: Kit Kat MP3 TMBG: Douglas Adams and such Re: TMBG: KIT KAT ANABOLIC BREAK TMBG: Haverford College Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 02:14:20 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <971115021419_1771363077@mrin38> Subject: TMBG: Moxy Might Be Fruvous In a message dated 11/15/97 2:06:20 AM, Matt James wrote: > They've shown recently that they like TMBG >and I think they just had a desire to play some TMBG. Why Particle Man? >Probably because it's one of TMBG's most popular songs and folks would >recognize it and it's easy to play (especially for 5 seconds!) I'm >a little surprised they did TNAC, that would have rocked! So yeah, more >a tribute than a parody methinks. Back in june, my sister had a TMBG shirt on and Mike Ford said to her "oh you like they might be giants? you knwo the song 'mammal, mammal..they're names are called....." etc.:) that's cute.:D And also at the show last week after the mini TNAC, Jian said something ike "we're friends with They might be giants, well, the little John is nice but the other one's just kind of an ass--" (which prompted some of us to laugh, seeing as it's half the crowd that was at the show last year where flans was hit in the eye...) "--No we're just kidding..." :) Moxy's so great.:D sarah? sarah! http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ From: PaulLB@aol.com Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 10:12:53 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <971115101253_1937507806@mrin85.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Brandeis Show Hey, Any friendly TMBG type Bostonian peoples have any info on the Brandeis University Show (time, venue, ticket availability, etc) for 11/19/97? Ifin' ya got it, share it. Mucho grassy ass me amigorama. Yer Pal Paul ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot@aol.com Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 13:28:12 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <971115132812_1502553293@mrin47> Subject: TMBG: A Very TMBG Christmas well, someone earlier was talking about making a tape of TMBG & TMBG related Christmas songs. And since TMBG did a cover of XTC & has a song called XTC vs Adam Ant, how 'bout adding XTC's Christmas song to the list of Santa's Beard, Christmas Cards, O Tannenbaum, & Careless Sants??? Jason "Sometimes I probably shouldn't post at all" Glastetter ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19971115140226.0069b6c4@130.127.28.14> Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 14:02:26 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: A Very TMBG Christmas XTC's B-side and rarities collection, "Rag and Bone Buffet" has 2 Christmas songs: "Thanks for Christmas" and "Countdown to Christmas Party Time". While we're stretching... :) "Weird Al" wrote a song in homage to TMBG, so you could include "Christmas At Ground Zero" and "The Night Santa Went Crazy". :) TTYL, -Adam At 01:28 PM 11/15/97 -0500, you wrote: >well, someone earlier was talking about making a tape of TMBG & TMBG related >Christmas songs. And since TMBG did a cover of XTC & has a song called XTC vs >Adam Ant, how 'bout adding XTC's Christmas song to the list of Santa's Beard, >Christmas Cards, O Tannenbaum, & Careless Sants??? > >Jason "Sometimes I probably shouldn't post at all" Glastetter > > /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <346E3B43.235DF3FE@deathsdoor.com> Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 10:16:05 +1000 From: Vester Subject: Re: TMBG: A Very TMBG Christmas Happyfroot@aol.com wrote: > well, someone earlier was talking about making a tape of TMBG & TMBG > related > Christmas songs. And since TMBG did a cover of XTC & has a song called > XTC vs > Adam Ant, how 'bout adding XTC's Christmas song to the list of Santa's > Beard, > Christmas Cards, O Tannenbaum, & Careless Sants??? > > Jason "Sometimes I probably shouldn't post at all" Glastetter ummm... didn't They not only cover an XTC song but... ahhh isn't Brian Doherty from XTC (the drummer that is btw) -- Steven Lawrance vester@deathsdoor.com UIN: 3406653 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19971115194608.006a2044@130.127.28.14> Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 19:46:08 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Brian Doherty & XTC At 10:16 AM 11/16/97 +1000, you wrote: > >ummm... didn't They not only cover an XTC song but... ahhh isn't Brian >Doherty from XTC (the drummer that is btw) That's right! I forgot about that connection. :) He only played on one song, "Cherry In Your Tree", IIRC. It's a fantastic song, btw, and it can be found on the Carmen Sandiego album (along with TMBG's cover of WDTSS?). It's also on Rob Cosentino's excellent CD of Andy Partridge demos. Read the Chalkhills archive if you want to know what I mean by that. :) TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! TMBG Fan O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199711160147.TAA10307@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "mal" Subject: TMBG: KIT KAT ANABOLIC BREAK Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 19:32:05 -0600 Regardless of innocence or guilt, watching Naked Gun 33 1/3 now feels like watching Seinfeld if Jim Jones was George. I just don't know WHAT it would feel like when Anna Nicole Smith comes up... Anyway, whar be the kit Kat Acoustic break that was adverted here recently? Does anybody know? Why aren't you telling me? I think you know. You're hiding it now. You know I want it and you're hiding it. Damn. Damn you all to hell. See if I ever make gummy bears for you again, what with all this hiding the stuff from me and whatnot. Mike "What Kind Of Man Makes Armour Hot Dogs?" Leffel http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~broz/tmbg.html SON OF AKA! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19971115203850.006a06d0@130.127.28.14> Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 20:38:50 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: KIT KAT ANABOLIC BREAK At 07:32 PM 11/15/97 -0600, you wrote: > >Anyway, whar be the kit Kat Acoustic break that was adverted here >recently? Does anybody know? Why aren't you telling me? I think >you know. You're hiding it now. You know I want it and you're hiding it. I had it on ftp.ccom.net, but it's not there anymore. :((( It was a 26 meg file, so I guess the sysadmin there was unhappy with it being there. Oh well. I believe someone took the file I made and broke it up into several parts, but I don't know if they posted the URL. >Damn. Damn you all to hell. See if I ever make gummy bears >for you again, what with all this hiding the stuff from me and whatnot. Hey, you still owe me 2 bags of gummy bears from last time! TTYL, -Adam, who went through hell and back to get that MP3 up, and now it's gone. Grrr.... /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! TMBG Fan O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19971115203825.00803100@csrlink.net> Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 20:38:25 -0500 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: TMBG: Kit Kat MP3 I just downloaded Cute FTP so that I could download the big ol whopping Acoustic Break MP3, but what do I find? It's no longer available! Can someone PLEASE break it up into smaller files and put it up for us poor saps to download? Oh yah, I was already in a pissy mood, cause the Doug Adams/Terry Jones chat was postponed, and then this. Dylan "Mike Leffel is a poor sap too" Flipse Dylan Flipse...one of them. - dflipse@csrlink.net Dylan's page is at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/9909/ for now. I'll never see myself in the mirror with my eyes closed -They Might Be Giants, the coolest thing this side of Zaphod Beeblebrox. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <346E6223.B1A8A5DF@nmt.edu> Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 20:01:55 -0700 From: Nick Wolf Subject: TMBG: Douglas Adams and such I was upset that was posponed as well, but I got over it when I learned that Douglas Adams and Terry Jones are stopping off in my hometown (Albuquerque, New Mexico) to do a book signing. Take it easy Refund. ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 22:19:36 -0500 (EST) From: Ryan Staib Subject: Re: TMBG: KIT KAT ANABOLIC BREAK Message-ID: Folks: The best page you will ever find for TMBG MP3s is MY PAGE!!! :) I have over 290 megs of MP3s at the current time, and that number is growing all the time. Although some of the live songs are unlabeled as to where they came from, that problem is being fixed as we speak (I have A LOT of songs, so this may take some time). It is my stated goal to get a live version of every TMBG song that has a live version, so... anyway, the KIT KAT SONGS ARE THE ONES THAT ARE LABELED AS "ACOUSTIC" AND CAN BE FOUND IN THE SECTION OF THE ALBUM THEY CAME FROM. The url is http://149.159.115.90/index.html or http://as-115-90.ashton.indiana.edu/index.html if you want to memorize words and stuff (I don't). Go there now, check it out everyday, it's cool (IMHO). RS ------------------------------ From: skibum@cyberia.com (The Christ Family) Subject: TMBG: Haverford College Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 00:24:01 EST Message-Id: <199711160524.5902800@cyberia.com> Could someone send me a list of teh songs TMBG played at haverford. I'm not on the list anymore(because my parents kicked me off) but would love a list(because I was there)........ Thanks alot. Steve ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-319 ******************************