Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-32 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 32 Sunday, 2 February 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: tmbg-list FAQ TMBG: Message from Nit to Harlan Landes TMBG: Dreams.... TMBG: Re: New TMBG: 'Nother new-boy Re: TMBG: I know it's not TMBG, but today is Star Wars day!!! TMBG: Re: 'Nother new-boy TMBG: tmbg-list Digest #3-31 TMBG: OMLT Submissions: LAST CALL!!! Re: TMBG: Who sings what. Re: [Fwd: TMBG: The Worst News!] TMBG: OMLT Update TMBG: TMBG dreams Re: TMBG: Ebonics Translator TMBG: Racist bullshit - farewell losers Re: TMBG: Racist bullshit - farewell losers TMBG: I'm confused. TMBG: dream Re: TMBG: OMLT Update Re: TMBG: dream TMBG: Apologies to all... TMBG: Eric Scummyhorn, dreams TMBG: Dreeeeeeeeam dream dream dreeam TMBG: Mr. Sandman... TMBG: Dreams Re: TMBG: Racist bullshit - farewell losers Re: TMBG: Dreeeeeeeeam dream dream dreeam Re: TMBG: Racist bullshit - farewell losers Re: TMBG: dream TMBG: Re: Dreams.... Re: TMBG: Racist bullshit - farewell losers Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 03:15:02 -0500 From: MajorDomo Message-Id: <199702010815.DAA27940@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: tmbg-list FAQ *** ADMINISTRIVIA *** This notice is posted twice a month to tmbg-list and tmbg-digest, as well as sent to all new users. Please read it if you have questions about the list. The TMBG mailing list is administered by Leo Bicknell . It provides a forum for discussing They Might Be Giants and Their music. 1) Unsubscribing from the list It is easy to unsubscribe from this mailing list. If you are subscribed to the regular, or "bounce" list, send the command unsubscribe tmbg-list e-mail@address in the body of a message to . To unsubscribe from the tmbg-digest digested version of the list, send the command unsubscribe tmbg-digest e-mail@address in the body of a message to . "e-mail@address" stands for the email address that is subscribed to the list. If you are sending the command from the email account that is subscribed, this part of the command is optional. If you have problems, send mail to . 2) Subscribing to the list Follow the instructions above for unsubscribing but send the word 'subscribe' rather than unsubscribe. :-) Keep in mind that tmbg-list will send you a copy of each message as it's written, which may be a lot. tmbg-digest will send you all the messages written in a day in the middle of the night. See http://www.tmbg.org/mail-news/ for more information. 3) Sending messages to the list To send a message to the list just mail it to tmbg-list@tmbg.org and it will get sent out to everyone. Please don't mail any chain letters, make money fast schemes, "me too" messages, or anything else that doesn't contribute to the discussion about TMBG. 4) The TMBG FAQ The They Might Be Giants Frequently Asked Questions list is a compilation of the most requested information about the Johns. It is maintained by John Relph . To get the latest copy of the FAQ, you can do any of the following things. First, it is available on the World Wide Web at: http://reality.sgi.com/relph/music/TMBG-FAQ.html and, for a plaintext version: http://reality.sgi.com/relph/music/TMBG-FAQ Second, it is posted regularly on the newsgroup alt.music.tmbg. Third, if you can't get to one of those places, you can mail me and I'll send you a copy. 5) The websites The unofficial web site, http://www.tmbg.org/ has all sorts of good TMBG information including information on this mailing list (http://www.tmbg.org/mail-news/) as well as pointers to where you can read the list via news. You'll also find lyrics, chords, and interpretations for many of the songs. Also try out the Official TMBG Website at: http://www.tmbg.com/ As always, thank you for your mind. *** ADMINISTRIVIA *** ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 05:31:43 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970201053141_716051232@emout14.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Message from Nit to Harlan Landes Adam has finished your making your tapes, but he can't send them because his computer crashed and your address was on it. If you mail it to me, I can forward it to him. Sorry to send this to the list, but it's an emergency! Kay ------------------------------ From: wglodell@baraboo.com (Wyatt Glodell) Subject: TMBG: Dreams.... Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 05:25:42 -0600 Message-ID: <19970201112541446.AAA160@ppp179.baraboo.com> I was just wondering why it seems like in all our dreams flans hates us. I havnt been able to remember any of my dreams about they, i always forget them the second i wake up, i have like 5 seconds before i forget.... Wyatt, who realizes he hasnt remembered a dream for 2 years, at least, and who saw star wars last night and it rocked, and also just realised that his name looks switz (SP!) or something with no W..... I am YATT! ------------------------------ From: MovieGuy27@aol.com Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 07:54:52 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970201075451_-2078885792@emout15.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Re: New Hello everybody, I just wanted to drop a note to the list to let you all know I'm new here. Actuallly I 've been on the list for about a week an a half now. Watching and Learning. The first album I heard was "Flood" in about 1991, I loved it, since then I have Every TMBG album and few of singles, Including "Istanbul" I got 'FactoryShowroom the day it was released. I would have to say, I'm sorry but I don't have any Dreams about them. I live in Denver and AGAST I missed the January 2nd show. Because I was Out of town. Major Bummer. My name is Dan Raby and I'm 27 years old. Well thats about it. Don't want to take up too much space on this list. But I wanted to say hello. Oh wasn't the 'Early Years " supossed to be out in mid January? What happend? ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 13:36:00 +0000 (GMT) From: Simon Madine Subject: TMBG: 'Nother new-boy Message-ID: I'd like to say that I, too, am new to this list and just thought I'd announce my presence in the usual overstated way - I'M HERE. Out of curiosity, how many people on this list are not from America? You're all making me very jealous by talking about these concerts in February when there hasn't been a single one anywhere near me ever(St Andrews, Scotland)(I'd appreciate sympathy here). I'd also like to say that I'm feeling rather left out at never having a dream about Them - any tips on how to have one? Si "You can never have too much toothpaste" ***###***###***###***###***###***###***###***###***###***###***###***###***### |\______/| FROM \ / | (. .) | ______ Simon Madine |_______| / \ / _ _ \ | Moo? | Your friendly local | |_| |_| | \______/ \ ___ / ____| erm...well, Simon, really \_______/ "Me, I'd like to think that life is like a drink and I'm hoping that it tastes like bourbon" -The Wonderstuff, Size of a Cow ***###***###***###***###***###***###***###***###***###***###***###***###***### ------------------------------ Date: 1 Feb 1997 15:09:36 GMT From: "Royce M. Lee" Message-ID: <01bc1045$bc65b060$LocalHost@royce> Organization: Parvenu Design Subject: Re: TMBG: I know it's not TMBG, but today is Star Wars day!!! > If you know it's not TMBG, don't post it ti the TMBG list!!! > (I try to make my non-TMBG stuff at least somewhat relevant.) > mouse, who doesn't feel like a sig now Why not? While I found your S-E-X-X-Y parody funny, I thought the Star Wars song was funnier. I think putting the non-TMBG warning in the subject is enough. And if you were so against it being posted in the first place, why did you include the attachments in your post? Now I have two copies. -- Royce M. Lee parvenu@ozemail.com.au This message sent using the FirstClass SMTP/NNTP Gateway for Mac OS. Well, not really :-) ------------------------------ Date: 1 Feb 1997 15:09:38 GMT From: "Royce M. Lee" Message-ID: <01bc1049$0231b3c0$LocalHost@royce> Organization: Parvenu Design Subject: TMBG: Re: 'Nother new-boy > I'd like to say that I, too, am new to this list and just thought I'd > announce my presence in the usual overstated way - I'M HERE. Welcome, Simon, and all you other new-comers. I am curious if it is possible to do a head-count of the number of people on the list and on alt.music.tmbg (Leo)??? > I'd also like to say that I'm feeling rather left out at never having a > dream about Them - any tips on how to have one? > I had my first and only one to date about three weeks ago. I had three days of list and alt.music.tmbg posts to get through (around 500 posts :-( if you please). After taking the several hours to read and respond, I collapsed in a heap on the floor and had my weird-ass TMBG dream. Cheers -- Royce M. Lee parvenu@ozemail.com.au This message sent using the FirstClass SMTP/NNTP Gateway for Mac OS. Well, not really :-) ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 10:21:09 -0500 From: Jon Vile <106563.656@compuserve.com> Subject: TMBG: tmbg-list Digest #3-31 Message-ID: <199702011021_MC2-10A2-1704@compuserve.com> Hey people, I've been away lurking for a while, but I read about the jive translator and so, for you all here is Its not mah birdday: Sheeit de rain falls waaay down widout mah' help I'm afraid And mah' lawn gits wet dough I've widheld mah' consent When dis grey wo'ld crumbles likes some cake I'll be hangin' fum de hope Dat I'll neva' see dat recipe again As ah' walk, ah' dink about some new way t'walk As ah' dink, I'm usin' down de time left t'dink And dis train keep rollin' off de track Tryin' t'act likes sump'n else Tryin' t'go where it's been uninvited It's not mah' birdday It's not today It's not mah' birdday, so's why do ya' lunge out at me? When de wo'd comes waaay down "Neva' mo'e gots'ta be around" Dough I'll wish we wuz dere, ah' wuz less dan we could bear And I'm not da damn only dust mah' moda' raised So, I'm rattlin' de bars around dis drink tank Discreetly ah' should pour drough de keyhole o' evapo'ate completely But dere'd be no puh'centage, and dere'd be no proof And da damn sound upon de roof be only booze And anyway does anyone know anything about whats happening about the OMLT? I feel I'm talking to two people in particular here! I checked out the web page and its the first of feb but nothing seems to be going on. cry. tears. etc. see you all around! Jon ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970201120022.006bd06c@mail.ee.net> Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 12:00:31 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: OMLT Submissions: LAST CALL!!! >And anyway does anyone know anything about whats happening about the OMLT? >I feel I'm talking to two people in particular here! >I checked out the web page and its the first of feb but nothing seems to be >going on. cry. tears. etc. Feb 1st isn't over yet ;) But anyway, if you have an OMLT Design and you haven't submitted it yet, or you need more time to work on it EMAIL ME *NOW*!!!!! At From owner-tmbg-list Sat Feb 1 12:01:31 1997 Received: (root@localhost) by ussodyssey.ufp.org (8.8.2/8.7.ufp) id MAA04090 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Sat, 1 Feb 1997 12:01:31 -0500 Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 17:00:54 +0000 (GMT) From: D Robertson To: John Drauss cc: rutherford@juno.com, tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: [Fwd: TMBG: The Worst News!] In-Reply-To: <32F2A07E.397D@oeonline.com> Message-ID: MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-type: text/PLAIN; charset="US-ASCII" Sender: owner-tmbg-list Precedence: bulk Reply-To: D Robertson Don't interrupt me as I... _______________________________________________________________________________ Douglas Robertson "I wonder which brat-pack Hollywood star has Derwent College the biggest-" said Danny University of York "Number of Oscar nominations?" Mickey asked. Heslington "Dick" said Danny York "DANNY!" said Mickey YO1 5DD "Dick Whitby." said Danny, "He has the biggest number of Oscar nominations" FLUMCAKE ON-LINE:It's got more words than your average cabbage patch. http://www.york.ac.uk/~dr109/flumcake ...struggle to complete this thought _______________________________________________________________________________ On Fri, 31 Jan 1997, John Drauss wrote: > The dorks on the TMBG list keep themselves busy > by worrying about stuff like this: > Anybody get the feeling that that wasn't supposed to get posted to the list? the end of the day I'll repost the form and voting can begin again. The address is still http://omlt.home.ml.org but now that points to a new server, one that's faster (and more expensive) than GeoCities. So send me your designs! -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 14:35:27 -0500 (GMT-0500) From: BlueDawg Subject: Re: TMBG: Who sings what. Message-ID: On Fri, 31 Jan 1997, J Mathews wrote: > You know the lead guitar in NYC and How Can I Sing Like A Girl? That's > not Schermerhorn... > It's Lyle Workman on NYC, and Jay Sherman Godfrey on Sing. Right. NYC is the weirdest song on the album. It's Mono Puff + John Linnell. I wouldn't mind if Lyle Workman replaced Eric full time, though. Lyle is great. Jack Bergeron, bluedawg@tmbg.org, www.monopuff.org/~bluedawg, Jeep Driver Come To Utopia! telnet://blacktape.cs.uchicago.edu:3000 I'm Bluedawg "If god had wanted us to be brave, why did he give us legs?"--Marvin Kitman ------------------------------ Message-Id: MSG970201134116#525@acme.computer-services.com From: "Microserf" Subject: Re: [Fwd: TMBG: The Worst News!] Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 13:35:53 -0600 I do, looks like someone was trying to e-mail it personally, but didn't change the REPLY-TO function, and it got spread to the list. Let's just "ignore" this "unfriendly" post and try to go on...I for one don't like being called a dork, but I'll pretend I never saw it.. Microserf Assistant System Administrator Acme Communications (http://www.acmeonline.net) (ftp://ftp.acmeonline.net) microserf@acmeonline.net "If the future's looking dark, We're the ones who have to shine If there's no one in control, We're the ones who draw the line Though we live in trying times, We're the ones who have to try Though we know that time has wings, we're the ones that have to fly..." -Neil Peart of Rush on "Everyday Glory" of Counterparts, 1993 > > On Fri, 31 Jan 1997, John Drauss wrote: > > > The dorks on the TMBG list keep themselves busy > > by worrying about stuff like this: > > > Anybody get the feeling that that wasn't supposed to get posted to the > list? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970201164030.006bc714@mail.ee.net> Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 16:40:32 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: OMLT Update OK, I've gotten a couple more responses. The deadline is now Feb 10, a week from monday. If anyonme thinks this is too long say so. -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 15:56:17 -0600 (CST) Message-Id: <199702012156.PAA08233@atlantis.nconnect.net> From: cowking@nconnect.net (Peter Kesting) Subject: TMBG: TMBG dreams in case anyone was wondering my TMBG dreams web page is still up and I am keeping track of all of your dreams there. If you want to check them out do so. http://www.nconnec.net/~cowking/tmbd.htm %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% (__) (oo) \/-------\ || | \ ||----W| * Cow King Peter Kesting cowking@nconnect.net http://www.nconnect.net/~cowking/ "Our feet start running at a furious pace But we can't get away." -- TMBG ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 16:48:23 -0600 (CST) From: Brandon Callison Subject: Re: TMBG: Ebonics Translator Message-ID: On Fri, 31 Jan 1997 Yoel97@aol.com wrote: > I sent them the beginning of Birdhouse, and it came back... > > I'm yo' only homey, I'm not yo' only homey, but I'm some little glowin' > homey, but ah' am. > > "I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, but I'm a little glowing > friend, but I am. > > Joel > http://members.aol.com/yoel97/ > You forgot 'but really, I'm not actually your friend' Brandon ------------------------------ Message-ID: <32F39EDA.650C@iclub.org> Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 19:56:18 +0000 From: Jeffrey Scott Holland Organization: Apocalypse Ranch Subject: TMBG: Racist bullshit - farewell losers That last one from Jon Vile was the last straw. I really thought TMBG fans were more intelligent, sensitive, and sophisticated than the average MTV geek, but evidently not. Most of this gibberish is straight outta Beavis & Butthead. Yes, Ebonics is stupid, yes, bad grammar is stupid - (whether you're black or you're white), but idiots who think the funniest thing they've ever heard is translating TMBG songs into Amos & Andy racist caricatures are EVEN STUPIDER. Laugh it up, assholes! Linnell & Flans would be ashamed to have anything to do with any of you. I'm off this retarded list. See ya at your mommy's house. =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Jeffrey Scott Holland Lexington, Kentucky =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970201190417.006beec4@mail.ee.net> Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 19:04:20 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: Racist bullshit - farewell losers Well, speaking of that... Can you people please stop posting these? I mean, granted it was pretty funny the first time a few months ago, and then the first ones this time around weren';t too bad, but it gets old after a while. And besides, this isn't the funniest stuff on the list. The funniest stuff on the list is what Flans says in peoples' dreams. -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199702020011.TAA09773@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Date: Sat, 1 Feb 97 19:13:56 EDT From: "Pooh Head Bucket?" Subject: TMBG: I'm confused. --- >Message-ID: <32F2A07E.397D@oeonline.com> >Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 20:46:38 -0500 >From: John Drauss >Subject: [Fwd: TMBG: The Worst News!] >The dorks on the TMBG list keep themselves busy >by worrying about stuff like this: >[Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (message/rfc822)] What exactly is this all about? Tom Soriano * sorianot@alpha.montclair.edu ------------------------------------------ "It's a typical day on the road to Utopia" ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 16:47:29 -0800 (PST) From: Ganryu Subject: TMBG: dream Message-ID: first post ever: What a surprising incidence of tmbg dreams... I had this dream where I was at one of Their concerts somewhere, and they were playing Nightgown of the Sullen Moon, except that when they got to the part "drug trip, it's not a drug trip" the kept messing up and accidentally saying "nightstick, it's not a nightclub." So then They'd start over again, get to that same part and kept messing up. The crowd didn't notice, and They didn't seem to mind it either. Ganryu ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970202004641.00664d8c@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 19:46:41 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: OMLT Update At 04:40 PM 2/1/97 -0500, you wrote: >OK, I've gotten a couple more responses. The deadline is now Feb 10, a week >from monday. If anyonme thinks this is too long say so. I've put together my design finally, and if you're interested... There's a thumbnail up on the WWW at http://hubcap.clemson.edu/~ctyner/tmbgart/ctyner.jpg that should give you a pretty good idea of what the final pic looks like. The full pic is a BMP file that I pkzipped to conserve bandwidth. It's up at http://hubcap.clemson.edu/~ctyner/tmbgart/omlt.zip The full version is around 4 times as large, so the colors and the shadows are a lot clearer. Hopefully it'll be up on Evan's page too, soon. TTYL, -Adam Tyner /----=========================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 22:11:04 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: dream Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 1-Feb-97 TMBG: dream by Ganryu@sdcc13.ucsd.edu > I had this dream where I was at one of Their concerts somewhere, and they > were playing Nightgown of the Sullen Moon, except that when they got to > the part "drug trip, it's not a drug trip" the kept messing up and > accidentally saying "nightstick, it's not a nightclub." So then They'd > start over again, get to that same part and kept messing up. The crowd > didn't notice, and They didn't seem to mind it either. weird. I think I would have noticed, if for no other reason that they've never played NotSM in concert, and that would be a big first. (at least I don't think they've ever played it - can anyone confirm or deny this?) ------------------------------ From: Christi587@aol.com Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 22:12:46 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970201221245_275507912@emout06.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Apologies to all... ...who were looking for shirt info this week. The Goddess came down with an icky case of bronchitis and had tons o' physics to do, besides. Not only that, but the impudent fools at the doctor's had the nerve to give her a tetanis (sp?) shot while she was being diagnosed with the aforementioned icky disease, so now she has a fairly useless arm to deal with, too. ("It might be sore for a few days" is the understatement of the month, for anyone who's keeping track.) Have pity. Tomorrow, the Goddess is going to see if she can finish a sentence without dissolving into hacking coughs. If so, she'll give the shirt company a ring. Now, about all this Eric bashing. Well, I'm not so fond of Mr. Shermhermherhemwhatever, myself. But y'all must realize that he is there *because TMBG wants him to be there*. He didn't just show up one day, thinking "Oh, boy! Anther chance to sabotage good songs with my overblown excuse for guitar playing." As much as I dislike his presence, I respect the decision of Flans (I presume he's mostly responsible) that Eric was needed. Plus, he has great hair-- not on par with Brian Doherty's, but still. So let's just grit our collective teeth through his solos and deal with it. Anyway, he's been in Hawaii for some time now, hasn't he?... maybe he went snorkeling and got eaten by a shark or something, and we'll never have to deal with him again. OK, sorry, but one can only remain kind for so long when one has so many illnesses to deal with. Leanna Chappell! Yes, you! The one who never replied to my last e-mail! I just got the Amherst tape, which, I must say, is very nearly the bomb. The trippy Istanbul and the Folk Family + audience siren will haunt me until the day I die. But is there another song or anything after Birdhouse? It was cut off in the middle of Linnell saying something like "We have just one--"(... just one more song?) Then there's a few minutes of blank space. Just wondering. If anyone else knows the answer, please speak up! I'm sending your tape today, BTW. I'm still working on the extra photos. One last note: Whoever it is who keeps posting those weirdo TMBG dreams... Mouse, I think?... what are you smoking, and can I have some? Keep posting, my friend!!! Those are the funniest damn things I've ever read. The only TMBG dream I ever had involved lots of chinchillas, but other than that it's not something of which I'd want to divulge the contents... you'd all think I was some kind of deviant. (No, *not* that, and *not* involving the chinchillas! What kind of sickos are you people, anyway?) --Christy ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 22:18:06 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970201221805_-2045247868@emout04.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Eric Scummyhorn, dreams >What exactly is the knock on Eric's playing? I have yet to figure out this situation too. *I* am NOOO Eric fan, but I've always wondered why I'm inot the only one who thinks so.. Maybe it's the smug look on his face.. Like "Ha ha, I'm in a band and I rock." I honestly don't know why. I can say for certain the major reason is that he wrecked some beautiful TMBG songs on FS. Totally wrecked 'em. Take for example, HCISLAG. >I gotta quit having these wierd dreams. Furthermore, they ought to start happening to *me*! ;) I can only seem to have weird KITH dreams.. (If you're THAT curious as to what I've dreamt , Do a search for "kdsinthhal@aol.com" and "dream" on http://www.altavista.digital.com/) >Flans smacked him and said "You dumb-shit John! That was >supposed to be a surprise!" ROFL, I LOVE these quotes you people come up with - but what's more amazing is that Flans curses even in people's dreams! ;D >"Well Fucker, these drunk drivers wanted to hear something >they'd reckognize and you screwed with it!" :) Flans oughtta get himself a HBO special.. sarah :) linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199702020336.WAA19375@dartvax.dartmouth.edu> Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 22:38:06 -0500 From: gonk@valley.net (The Notorious R.O.B) Subject: TMBG: Dreeeeeeeeam dream dream dreeam Well, I'm now sure that TMBG dreams come in spurts. Even tho I'm hallcinating with a 102 temperature, I still cranked out this dream which isn't so funny, and it will have no quotes, but It's odd. P.S. Could the guy with the dream site please repost the address? It didn't work for me. I went to the Toad's Place concert that I had been awaiting for months. I was wearing the TMBG sailor shirt with all the fake tatoos. (That I don't own) They came out 20 minutes early and immediatly opened by playing the whole guitar single excluding all the crappy remixes. Eric was back, and he turned the weird sound of beeping gameboys into a grungy drawn out solo. Flans sang the words to the DAS song that has the same tune as I blame you. After that he said "We're gonna play ana ng. If you don't like it, then come up on stage with us." This faced me with a delemna, I wanted to go on stage with them, but I didn't want them to think I hated ana ng. Somehow, I ended up on stage. Linnell said "Yule log yule log yule log, what would you like to hear?" I told them I wanted to hear End of the tour, Meet James Ensor and Puppet head. Of course they asked me to play accordion on Meet James Ensor, and of course I screwed up. Then I woke up and sprinted to the bathroom to take my tylennol Every 59 Minutes On The Hour. Rob Grabill X X gonk@valley.net ^ http://www.geocities.com/Paris/1941/ |||||||||| "Wake up when you're dead. Pigs are sheep and cats are dogs and thoughts are made of Lincoln Logs. To tend to the mice and wood, where black is blue and bad is good." -Meat Puppets ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970201225000.006c05c8@mail.ee.net> Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 22:50:03 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Mr. Sandman... >>Flans smacked him and said "You dumb-shit John! That was >>supposed to be a surprise!" >ROFL, I LOVE these quotes you people come up with - but what's more amazing >is that Flans curses even in people's dreams! ;D > >>"Well Fucker, these drunk drivers wanted to hear something >>they'd reckognize and you screwed with it!" >:) Flans oughtta get himself a HBO special.. Anyone collecting these fake quotes? Anyway, I think all this may be a result of people reading about things Flans really has said (Maybe that Ice-filled cup incident?) On a sadder note... I've never had a TMBG dream, but If you want I can make something up that would be way more f*qed up than anything I would dream about. -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Dreams Message-ID: <19970201.234034.14422.0.jenifer.stewart@juno.com> From: jenifer.stewart@juno.com (Jenifer W Stewart) Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 23:41:21 EST Okay, since everyone has been posting dreams they've had of Them, I'll tell you mine, although I can't really remember most of it. It started out with both Johns in a college classroom, both seated side-by-side. I believe I was teaching (I'm currently earning a Master's in Early Childhood education). I remember both of them being left-handed, not just Flans. All of a sudden, I was talking to my grandmother who told me that the Johns were spending the night at her house-I told her I would be there. She then proceeded to tell me that I was related to Linnell and that we must be nice to him and watch what we say around him because both of his parents were men. I thought that was so cool. He was raised by a gay couple and this really shocked me-I didn't know how I was going to act around him. It was at this point that I must've woke up because I don't remember anymore. Of course, I had this dream right after I saw the Birdcage for the first time:l. Jen ------------------------------ From: "Tim Clark" Subject: Re: TMBG: Racist bullshit - farewell losers Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 00:26:28 -0500 Message-Id: <199702020527.3295500@rma.edu> WELL SLAP MAH FRO!!!!! :) --Cpdog ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 00:03:55 -0600 (CST) Message-Id: <199702020603.AAA17137@atlantis.nconnect.net> From: cowking@nconnect.net (Peter Kesting) Subject: Re: TMBG: Dreeeeeeeeam dream dream dreeam >P.S. Could the guy with the dream site please repost the address? It didn't >work for me. That address again is: http://www.nconnect.net/~cowking/tmbd.htm check it out %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% (__) (oo) \/-------\ || | \ ||----W| * Cow King Peter Kesting cowking@nconnect.net http://www.nconnect.net/~cowking/ "Our feet start running at a furious pace But we can't get away." -- TMBG ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 01:30:33 -0500 (EST) From: That rascal Eric Webber Subject: Re: TMBG: Racist bullshit - farewell losers Message-ID: I'd like to say something about this. I too think that the translator stuff is really stupid. And maybe those people who posted about it are idiots. That dosen't mean everyone on the list is bad. You're gonna leave the list just cause of a few dumb posts. There are stupid people everywhere. (I know, I deal with them everyday.) What are you going to do, remove yourself from society just because there's some people in it you don't like. The way I see it, if you leave the list, it's your loss. If you think the posts on the list are stupid, why don't you post some constructive ones yourself? Take it easy, Wubba * ------------------------------------------------------------------ |Eric Webber- | "We intend to offend and alarm | |erwst9+@pitt.edu | and annoy" -The Penis Wolves | |wubba@tmbg.org | "Maturity is a high price to pay| |http://www.pitt.edu/~erwst9 | for growing up" -Tom Stoppard| * ------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 11:12:37 -0800 From: J Mathews Message-ID: <32F395A5.54DD@ix.netcom.com> Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: Re: TMBG: dream Lawrence P Solomon wrote: > > Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 1-Feb-97 TMBG: dream by > Ganryu@sdcc13.ucsd.edu >0 > weird. I think I would have noticed, if for no other reason that > they've never played NotSM in concert, and that would be a big first. > (at least I don't think they've ever played it - can anyone confirm or > deny this?) I can't deny it, but it would be super cool if they did play it. i love that song. Maybe the reason They were messing up was because they had never played it and it had been a long time since recording it. Jeremy Mathews Jeremy Mathews ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 11:16:21 -0800 From: J Mathews Message-ID: <32F39685.6A5B@ix.netcom.com> Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: TMBG: Re: Dreams.... Wyatt Glodell wrote: > > I was just wondering why it seems like in all our dreams flans hates > us. I havnt been able to remember any of my dreams about they, i always > forget them the second i wake up, i have like 5 seconds before i forget.... > > I had a dream that I was recording a Helo Disc and Flans was real cool and friendly. It just isn't much of a story, and I can't remember parts, so I didn't post it. That idiot, Jeremy Mathews ------------------------------ Message-ID: <32F4050F.447@iclub.org> Date: Sun, 02 Feb 1997 03:14:02 +0000 From: Jeffrey Scott Holland Organization: Apocalypse Ranch Subject: Re: TMBG: Racist bullshit - farewell losers That rascal Eric Webber wrote: > That dosen't mean everyone on the list is bad. You're gonna leave > the list just cause of a few dumb posts. *** More than a few. In the week I've been here it seems more than half the posts have been the jive translator junk or people commenting on how hilarious it is. I thought maybe I'd caught the list on a bad week, but no, several have written me privately to say, alas, this is actually one of the list's more intelligent weeks. Sigh. >What are you going to do, > remove yourself from society just because there's some people in it you > don't like. *** how old are you? The way I see it, if you leave the list, it's your loss. *** What a loss. "Bohemian Rhapsody" translated into Jive. Uneducated mama's boys saying "Well Slap Mah Fro!!!!". The loss will be agonizing. I've only stuck around this long because I knew there would be an angry mob assembled to tell me what a big dumb meanie I am. > If you think the posts on the list are stupid, why don't you post some > constructive ones yourself? *** I already did. And now I've posted another one. =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Jeffrey Scott Holland Lexington, Kentucky =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-32 *****************************