Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-323 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 323 Thursday, 20 November 1997 Today's Topics: Re: Non-TMBG:Problems TMBG: 71.8% Non-THEY: Cardigans (non TMBG:) The Bobs TMBG: !!DANGER!! This is a message from Eric Webber !!DANGER!! TMBG: Just a couple.... Re: TMBG: Just a couple.... Re: TMBG: Just a couple.... Re: TMBG: !!DANGER!! This is a message from Eric Webber Re: TMBG: Raven Pictures TMBG: dark times Re: TMBG: Just a couple.... TMBG: TMBG movies | catalog Fw: TMBG: TMBG movies | catalog TMBG: REPLY IMMEDIATELY DIRECTLY TO ME TMBG: Re: catalog Re: Fw: TMBG: TMBG movies | catalog TMBG: Dust MMMBrothers Re: TMBG: Dust MMMBrothers Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <199711190709.XAA28813@bargains.k-online.com> From: "Charles Box" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG:Problems Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 23:16:37 -0800 Well I had the same problem with my ISP and I had to go to the digest version of the list to prevent my mail getting nuked.... I was shut out of mail for 2 days because some dork is sending invalid headers to the list... I think it is an ISP thing and this person should not be on the list if he is causing people mail problems.... (and I do not use Eudora I use Internet Mail, I don't think it has anything to do with what mail program you use, all mail programs use pretty much the same method to obtain mail through the server, it has something to do with how your ISP processes inbound mail) someone said: >I tried that, and I got the message without any problems. I've been >looking for problems in the messages too, to no avail. :( I'm using >Eudora Pro 3.01 right now... I don't remember having the problems before >getting the new Eudora, which I've had for 6 or 7 months. > >I know it's not my mail server, because Hotmail will retrieve his messages, >so I'm assuming it's Eudora. hmmm... i've been using eudora to read this list as long as it's existed and i've never had a problem with it. right now i'm not using 3.x, i'm using a beta of eudora 4.0, but i haven't had any problems with it or older versions. so the problem could be elsewhere... rabidchild(.paulswan) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3472CAA2.2784179C@pacificnet.net> Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 03:16:57 -0800 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: 71.8% Non-THEY: Cardigans > Matthew James wrote: > > "I believe the Cardigans had another album before Life. > > I have an ablum of theirs called "emmerdale." It kicks butt. I don't > know if it's the one your thinking of or not. I like it more than > "First Band on the Moon." BTW, I'm the "cool poster" who's name was > deleted. :) I'm standing behind the Cardigan's all the way because I > also believe LoveFool was overplayed and, thus, people don't like them > because of it... and they compare them to ABBA. But I like ABBA, too, > so I guess it's not really a bad thing in my eyes. :)-ew0k-" > Yes, Emmerdale is their first album and was not released domestically as far as I know. (I have a Canadian import.) As an introduction to the US, many of Emmerdale's best tunes were combined some new songs to create "Life". (So, in a way LIFE isn't the second "real" album". ) Also they have plenty of other stuff on CD singles and a song on the "A Life Less Ordinary" soundtrack. There's also an import tribute album which is okay, not great. (It could use a TMBG version of "Carnival" to spice it up. For that matter, can easliy imagine Nina sobbing "everybody dies frustrated and sad and that is beautiful.." on a TMBG tribute.) -B O N G O _____________________________________ "I dance with my feet like my tongue when I eat" -Geggy Tah ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 06:20:29 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <971119062028_-556039873@mrin42.mail.aol.com> Subject: (non TMBG:) The Bobs >> I am looking for copies of The Bobs -"Yuleman vs. the Anti-Claus","Fifty-Kilowatt Tree", and/or "Christmas in LA" If you have those songs E-mail me privately... << What do the Bobs sound like? I mean I've only heard a few seconds of Particle Man from the tmbg lo-fi tape, but .. are they kida like Weird Al? I picked up one of their cd's in the store one time and saw a song on the back that said "Be My Yoko" LOL! Parodying BNL too eh? sarah linnellgirl@tmbg.org ~ http://lava.home.ml.org "..surrounded by world leaders, with babies in their bellies.." ~ geggy tah ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 08:52:06 -0500 (EST) From: "Eric Webber (EIN tech)" Subject: TMBG: !!DANGER!! This is a message from Eric Webber !!DANGER!! Message-Id: I've taken the three +'s out of this message. There's no other reason that a message from me could cause any problems. I'm using Pine, an extremely common Unix mail client. Leo, if you can figure anything out let me know. Sorry for the inconvienience to anyone, but I recommend trying a different mail client to see if there's any changes. Take it easy, Wubba Eric Webber EIN Technician 412.622.1944 page- 412.305.0690 webbere@clpgh.org wubba@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: echuss@notes.cc.bellcore.com Message-ID: <85256554.004EE919.00@notes950.cc.bellcore.com> Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 09:36:44 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Just a couple.... >From: "H.R.Tendrup" >Subject: TMBG: Leffel????? >Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 06:40:01 -0600 >Who the heck is Mick Leffel??? Yes, he is Mike Leffel's Evil Twin. He is around 50+ years old. He is a singer in a 1960's era band. He goes up on stage and struts around like he's 20 yrs old. It's kind of sad. >Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 09:48:41 -0500 >From: Adam Tyner >Subject: TMBG: XTC on XTC Vs. Adam Ant >From this morning's Chalkhills digest: ><never heard. Now he has and this is his review - - "eh".>> Well........ Could you please post the review. It would be very interesting to hear what Andy has to say about it. I am surprised he hadn't heard the song before because I believe that J+J and Andy are friends. Depending on his opinion of the song they might not be friends any more. :) Erik Chuss ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 07:47:18 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: Just a couple.... Message-ID: On Wed, 19 Nov 1997 echuss@notes.cc.bellcore.com wrote: > >< >never heard. Now he has and this is his review - - "eh".>> > > Well........ Could you please post the review. It would be very interesting > to hear what Andy has to say about it. i believe *this* is his review: "eh." -jim kuemmerle, who's not a reeeal doctor. j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19971119095533.006a05e4@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 09:55:33 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Just a couple.... At 09:36 AM 11/19/97 -0500, you wrote: > >Well........ Could you please post the review. It would be very interesting >to hear what Andy has to say about it. I am surprised he hadn't heard the >song before because I believe that J+J and Andy are friends. Depending on >his opinion of the song they might not be friends any more. :) The utterance 'eh' was Andy's review. :) Apparently he wasn't very impressed, and to be honest, neither was I. It doesn't seem to have a lot of imagination put into it, and there are so many things that could've been done in it... TTYL, -Adam ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19971119095331.0069d110@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 09:53:31 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: !!DANGER!! This is a message from Eric Webber I got this message without any problem at all. :) -A very happy Adam At 08:52 AM 11/19/97 -0500, you wrote: >I've taken the three +'s out of this message. There's no other >reason that a message from me could cause any problems. I'm using Pine, >an extremely common Unix mail client. Leo, if you can figure anything out >let me know. Sorry for the inconvienience to anyone, but I recommend >trying a different mail client to see if there's any changes. >Take it easy, > Wubba > > > Eric Webber EIN Technician > 412.622.1944 page- 412.305.0690 > webbere@clpgh.org wubba@tmbg.org > > > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19971119074000.006a10c8@pop.ben2.ucla.edu> Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 07:40:00 -0800 From: J Chen Subject: Re: TMBG: Raven Pictures from Eric Webber: >> Please note that though the TMBG page has been significantly >> improved since it was first introduced in 1972, there are still more >> improvements to come. >> >Wow! This guy is some TMBG fan. He had a page dedicated to them before >the band even existed! Yeah, and even before the Web, too! Now that's really something! :-) --LVJeff ========================___________________________________________... . . . | from LVJeff | "If you hear only one song this year, | Protected by Guan Yu | | alecson@ucla.edu | there's something terribly wrong with you." ======================== - Kitty Carlisle, Easy Writers ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9711191600.AA00359@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: dark times Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 11:00:16 -0500 (EST) > >Well........ Could you please post the review. It would be very interesting > >to hear what Andy has to say about it. I am surprised he hadn't heard the > >song before because I believe that J+J and Andy are friends. Depending on > >his opinion of the song they might not be friends any more. :) > > The utterance 'eh' was Andy's review. :) Apparently he wasn't very > impressed, and to be honest, neither was I. It doesn't seem to have a lot > of imagination put into it, and there are so many things that could've been > done in it... Before the dark times...before the Schermerhorn! ;) Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199711191734.LAA05011@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "mal" Subject: Re: TMBG: Just a couple.... Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 11:18:19 -0600 > > Yes, he is Mike Leffel's Evil Twin. He is around 50+ years old. He is a > singer in a 1960's era band. He goes up on stage and struts around like > he's 20 yrs old. It's kind of sad. > Whereas I am a 20 year old who struts around like I'm 50. Mike "I'm Jonesing on love as well, BTW" Leffel ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 09:23:09 -0700 Subject: TMBG: TMBG movies | catalog Message-ID: <19971119.092315.11262.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) >Ooo! TMBG on a movie soundtrack? I want! is it me or has everyone forgotten a coo little movie called the mighty morphin power rangers? on a totally unrelated note: has anyone in the west gotten the magical mystical catalog from the info club? ah well... =) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***Now, with...: punctuation - (for easy); reading!*** ------------------------------ From: "AugieWan" Subject: Fw: TMBG: TMBG movies | catalog Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 13:17:45 -0500 Message-Id: <18171239000081@dancingink.com> > on a totally unrelated note: > has anyone in the west gotten the magical mystical catalog from the info > club? ah well... NO! and I'm not even that far west of NY. I'm in Michigan. Still waiting patiently for that catalog so I can order Linnell's cd's. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Could someone just send me the numbers from the catalog so I can order them??? Pleeeaase! Oh, by the way.. "I'M BAAACK!" Hee Hee :) ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot@aol.com Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 14:05:29 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <971119140529_278123425@mrin45.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: REPLY IMMEDIATELY DIRECTLY TO ME Does any one know if TMBG are playing in the FNX studios at anytime today??? If anyone knows if they are EMail me immediatly back at this address, as that I will not get the digest until tomorrow & my head may fall off if I found out they were on & I missed it... Jason ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34734B70.49ED@rica.net> Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 15:26:24 -0500 From: Joey Groah Subject: TMBG: Re: catalog > on a totally unrelated note: > has anyone in the west gotten the magical mystical catalog from the info > club? ah well... > =) > I live in Virginia and got my catalog today, and must say it's very slick. Joey, doesn't require a four slice toaster ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 17:21:00 -0500 Subject: Re: Fw: TMBG: TMBG movies | catalog Message-ID: <19971119.172111.7670.1.johnhenry5@juno.com> From: johnhenry5@juno.com (Andrew Nichols) On Wed, 19 Nov 1997 13:17:45 -0500 "AugieWan" writes: >> on a totally unrelated note: >> has anyone in the west gotten the magical mystical catalog from the >info >> club? ah well... > >NO! and I'm not even that far west of NY. I'm in Michigan. Still >waiting >patiently for that catalog so I can order Linnell's cd's. > >AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! >Could someone just send me the numbers from the catalog so I can order >them??? Pleeeaase! > >Oh, by the way.. "I'M BAAACK!" Hee Hee :) > > > Could this catalog you are talking about be the one with John and John on the front with a yellow background, or am I just going even more crazy? If it is the one I AM rubbing it in your face. It's got all this cool stuff. Too bad you don't have it. HA HA HA HA HA!!!! SLOWFALL ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 18:23:19 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Dust MMMBrothers Message-ID: <19971119.182627.4766.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> Hey! Train here! I got a job as a DJ at the local skating rink and of course I get to play TMBG (I played Istanbul and Snail Dust at the last session) I also played another song by the Dust Brothers (BECAUSE I HAD TO!!!) it was MMMBop... [mixed reaction from the crowd] (OK... I'm NOT NOT NOT going to start the Hanson thread again because it just sucks as much as they do!) But yes... The Dust Brothers are listed as: John King and Mike Simpson and they produced MMMBop and Thinking of You on the Hanson Girls' album... just thought that interesting and m(Grahm) maybe revelational (Is that a word?) does anyone know the names of the Chemical Brothers? Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34738036.DB596A50@cannet.com> Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 19:11:37 -0500 From: Mike Blaser Subject: Re: TMBG: Dust MMMBrothers mr.train@juno.com wrote: > does anyone know the names of the Chemical Brothers? > Tom Rowlands and Ed Simons ~Mike ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-323 ******************************