Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-332 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 332 Saturday, 29 November 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: random ramblings TMBG: Elvis and Apollo TMBG: TMBG in Spanish TMBG: I was born in a lighthouse TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-331 TMBG: 11/27 concert pics! Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-331 Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 09:00:56 -0700 Subject: TMBG: random ramblings Message-ID: <19971128.090427.11478.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) >>>Oh.. I've recieved a promotional poster from Nintendo Power (haven't had a subscription to THAT since SMB4..) but no new TMBG catalog... (sob)...<<< hehee, i got sent 3, count them three (it's the magic number!) catalogs! woohoo! =) >>> If that route doesn't play out, I wouldn't be suprised to see a revival of the Hello label, with featured artists They Might Be Giants, Mono Puff, and possibly Frank Black<<< yeah, i see that happening as soon as i see them returning to bar-none... >>>_Flood_ went gold in '95. Jamie Kitman's article in the June '97 Automobile Magazine implied that there are two gold TMBG albums, one of which is approaching platinum.<<< as of the begining of the STD tour flood had, indeed, gone platinum >>>a ska band that played Sacramento last week, and the members were all balding.<<< hehee, ever seen teh SKAtellites? >>> We do need some custom graphics to pull it all together though. If you are an artist and could put together a few buttons and graphics and such please let us know and we'll talk with you about what we need. <<< ooh ooh! i vote mike leffel!! =) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***Now, with...: punctuation - (for easy); reading!*** ------------------------------ Message-ID: <347F0F60.69DE@rica.net> Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 13:37:20 -0500 From: Joey Groah Subject: TMBG: Elvis and Apollo I read on the Giant trivia at tmbg.org that Elvis Costello was rejected by John and John to produce Apollo 18 and was wondering if anyone knows why; TMBG wanted more control, no outside influence, etc. I remember TMBG opened for him a few years ago and they have mentioned Elvis positively in articles. Joey, eating turkey sandwiches, turkey stuffing, turkey pudding ------------------------------ Message-ID: <347F4CEE.7C7E@www.bitel.es> Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 23:59:58 +0100 From: Enrique Alberich <@dinky.bitel.es> Subject: TMBG: TMBG in Spanish Hello, my page about TMBG is on the net. It contains more than 100 TMBG songs tranlated into Spanish and some other things. Please visit me at http://www.bitel.es/personales/nanho/ Thanks to all the people who has help me with it. And now i'm working to make it better! ------Fernando Alberich AKA Nanho ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 16:54:59 -0700 From: chickenheads@geocities.com (tHe CHiCkeN HeAdS!) Subject: TMBG: I was born in a lighthouse There's a realaudio clip of Joe & The Chicken Heads' interpretation of Absolutely Bill's Mood on our website at http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/6791/ It was recorded for We Might Be Giants, Too, the TMBG tribute album but we'll see if it makes the final cut. Check it out if you can. Thanks. ------------------------------ From: Vandal191@aol.com Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 21:27:32 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <971128212732_495994910@mrin85.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-331 My reason today for emerging from the woodwork is lyrical minutia. Sorry to break the thread on label crapulence. Maybe everyone has noticed this before, but I was just casually listening and heard it the other day. In "Hideaway Folk Family" there's a line that reads "And sadly the cross eyed bear's been put to sleep behind the stairs", and I heard part of it slightly different. It sounded a lot like "And the sad little cross I bear's been put to sleep behind the stairs". Maybe my noodle is playing tricks on me, but it's a strange hard pronunciation of the the D in "and" that makes the "the" sound, and the rest of it just flows together. Anybody who has this recorded somewhere; listen to it and tell me if I'm nuts. Happy Leftovers Day to all the americans. Elektra is a sucky arse-faced bastard label anyway. They should pitch to Virgin, the best big label out there. Best mass producer of obscure European music out there, too. They're behind Pure Moods, an excellent disc. And anybody who makes a company called Virgin isn't going to have a problem with TMBG's non-conformist tendencies. ~Moose "Tiger Brand Coffee Is a sure treat Even tigers prefer it To real meat" ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 22:14:51 -0500 (EST) From: The Demonic Kangaroo Subject: TMBG: 11/27 concert pics! Message-ID: I have just added 46 new concert pics from last night's show at the Mercury Lounge to my page. I hope you enjoy them. -Mike http://www.cybercomm.net/~tdk/tmbg.html ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 22:03:38 -0800 (PST) From: "'Lani' N Olson" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-331 Message-ID: On Fri, 28 Nov 1997 Vandal191@aol.com wrote: > In "Hideaway Folk Family" there's a line that reads "And sadly the cross eyed > bear's been put to sleep behind the stairs", and I heard part of it slightly > different. It sounded a lot like "And the sad little cross I bear's been put > to sleep behind the stairs". Maybe my noodle is playing tricks on me, but > it's a strange hard pronunciation of the the D in "and" that makes the "the" > sound, and the rest of it just flows together. Anybody who has this recorded > somewhere; listen to it and tell me if I'm nuts. I think we're both nuts, because I've *always* heard "the sad little cross-eyed bear." Even though I know it's "sadly," I've never been able to hear it that way. -Lani O:) Member of the OFFICIAL Sludge Fan Club since 1997 lanio@u.washington.edu * * * * * * * * * a.butterfly@bigfoot.com Lani's Inverse Home Page: http://weber.u.washington.edu/~lanio/ _______________________________________________________________ "I'm the man. You know when people say, 'You're the man'? I'm the guy they're talking about." -Alec Wilmart ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-332 ******************************