Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-338 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 338 Friday, 5 December 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: The Ever Popular Tourtued Artist Effect Re: TMBG: The Ever Popular Tortured Artist Effect TMBG: Obession!?! Re: TMBG: Obsession!?! TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-337 TMBG: this, that, and the other TMBG: tmbg stuff......... TMBG: Moxy Fruvous--Bargainville TMBG: Moxy Fruvous--Bargainville (this one has a message-sorry) Re: TMBG: Moxy Fruvous--Bargainville Re: TMBG: Moxy Fruvous--Bargainville (this one has a message-sorry) Re: NON-TMBG: Moxy Fruvous--Bargainville (this one has a message-sorry) Re: TMBG: Obsession!?! Re: TMBG: bootlegs TMBG: ...Must......post...............AGAIN! TMBG: tablature Re: TMBG: ...Must......post...............AGAIN! TMBG: Number of people on the list Re: TMBG: Moxy Fruvous--Bargainville (this one has a Re: TMBG: Obsession!?! Re: TMBG: Moxy Fruvous--Bargainville (this one has a message-sorry) TMBG: HOW TO BUY CDS Re: TMBG: Obession!?! NON-TMBG: Those Darn Accordions (was Re: Obsession) TMBG: Flansburgh to perform at NYC's Bottom Line 12/20 Re: TMBG: ...Must......post...............AGAIN! Re: TMBG: ...Must......post...............AGAIN! TMBG: Hey I gotta web page! Re: TMBG: Moxy Fruvous--Bargainville (this one has scurvy-sorry) TMBG: soul coughing Re: TMBG: Hey I gotta web page! TMBG: Fwd: tmbg-list Digest #3-337 TMBG: 120 Minutes Video... TMBG: 12/3 concert pics! TMBG: TMBG live Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 06:48:28 -0700 Subject: TMBG: The Ever Popular Tourtued Artist Effect Message-ID: <19971204.064833.11222.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) >>Flans seemed baffled or reluctant to say why Brian Doherty left. It >>seemed to be some kind of bad parting but Flans was vague about the >>reason why when asked. He does seem uneasy talking about that. Surely >>it wasn't on "good terms". >I remember seeing a quote someone posted where Flans said that he wished >he had left on good terms. I'm very interested in knowing what occurred... hmm... i have a linnell quote from some interview... actually, it's quite recent... 10/12/97 it was taken from an interview just prior to the tradewinds show: LINELL: "graham got offered a really sweet deal by natalie merchant and has been sucked away...we just couldn't afford to top the deal he was gonna get from her... he's got kids he's gotta basically feed his family i completely understood why he had to do that... and since he's a professional bass player it prolly makes sense... he's got to keep his profile going... we're gonna get him to come play with us on new years" INTERVIEWER: "Should i ask about doherty, is that bad?" LINNELL: "well ya know it was bad in a way in which was we didn't want him to leave but again he wanted more money than we could afford to pay him but i think, i think there was more to the story, i think brian wanted to do something else and he needed a way to leave the band, to do that, unfortunately there was a little bit of a weird feeling when brian left. i regret that cuz i really liked what brian did, he was a really good drummer. i told him and i'll tell this to anybody he was worth more money than we could afford to pay him" take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***Now, with...: punctuation - (for easy); reading!*** ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19971204150052.464.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Gentle Ben" Subject: Re: TMBG: The Ever Popular Tortured Artist Effect Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 10:00:48 EST Joda told us that Linnell said about Graham: >LINNELL: "graham got offered a really sweet deal by natalie >merchant and has been sucked away...we just couldn't afford to top >the deal he was gonna get from her... he's got kids he's gotta >basically feed his family ... i completely understood why he had to do >that..." Then he said about Doherty: >"... unfortunately there was a little bit of a weird feeling when brian >left. i regret that cuz i really liked what brian did, he was a really >good drummer. i told him and i'll tell this to anybody he was worth >more money than we could afford to pay him" I'm probably not telling you anything you didn't already know, but those 2 comments are absolutely amazing. In the world of music, it seems like huge bruised egos, backbiting and slander is the rule, not the exception. Here's a situation that most "musicians" would use to lick their wounds and scorch the reputation of the guy that's left their band. Yet, it seems that They consistantly take the high road, and have nothing but good things to say about the guys who have crossed Their path and backed them up. Pretty rare quality in the music industry, I'd say. ******************** "Gentle" Ben - thinks that Harlan Ellison will live forever. ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: echuss@notes.cc.bellcore.com Message-ID: <85256563.00502CEB.00@notes950.cc.bellcore.com> Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 09:49:18 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Obession!?! > I'm not that obsessive... or am I? :) >-Robyn- Robyn, you need to see the 7 phases of TMBG addiction that I believe is out on the unofficial TMBG site. I believe you are in Phase 5 or 6. There is a support group out there who can help you if you hit Phase 7. Good luck. BTW - After the deliberate and unprovoked attack against people from Boston in my last email :) I now need a favor from someone in that wonderful city. (Doh!) Does anyone from Boston know if that accordian guy in Havard Square still hangs out there. For anyone that doesn't know. There was (hopefully he is still there) a street musician in his 40's maybe 50's, who would play his accordian in Harvard Square. He had a sign that said he could play ANY "The Who" or "They Might Be Giants" song. I am going up over Christmas and I would like to stop by and see him. TIA. Erik ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199712041754.JAA18123@f82.hotmail.com> From: "Gentle Ben" Subject: Re: TMBG: Obsession!?! Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 12:54:39 EST A little bit ago, Erik said: >There was (hopefully he is still there) a street musician in his 40's >maybe 50's, who would play his accordian in Harvard Square. >He had a sign that said he could play ANY "The Who" or >"They Might Be Giants" song. That's really cool! If you track this guy down, make sure you record some of his stuff. It would be very interesting to hear! Now, the question is: why those 2 groups? What common factor do they share? How would Baba O'Reilly sound on accordion? ******************** "Gentle" Ben - hearing the Refreshment's "Fizzy, Fuzzy..." for the first time right now.... ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: VictorH99@aol.com Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 13:11:15 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <971204131114_619049694@mrin58.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-337 If you could please take us off your mailing list it would be appreciated. Thank You ------------------------------ From: "AugieWan" Subject: TMBG: this, that, and the other Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 13:26:37 -0500 Message-Id: <18252937500249@dancingink.com> Hello, AugieWan here. I haven't seen TMBG in concert for quite a few years, but one of the last times I saw them was when they first toured with the band. I've been noticing that all the set lists seem pretty short compared with the shows I saw. Example... Space Suit Cowtown Twisting Particle Man She's Actual Size Guitar Ana Ng Racist Friend Boat of Car Statue got me High Chess Piece Face Lucky Ball&Chain Dinner Bell Jazbo (that's what the set list says) instrumental (short) Purple Toupee Famous Polka She's an Angel Narrow your Eyes Whistling in the Dark Stump the Band - they did Tainted Love by: Soft Cell See the Const. 32 Footsteps If I wasn't Shy Don't Let's Start Dig My Grave ------------------- Mammal Maybe I Know (I had no idea what this song was at the time and it drove me nuts not knowing) Istanbul Not .... I Palindrome I Birdhouse In Your Soul Lie still Little Bottle That's 31 Songs!!! That was at Notre Dame in '92 by the way, in case ANYONE has this bootlegged. I would love to get that or the one I saw in Kalamazoo,MI State Theater on the John Henry Tour. If you have them, I will kiss your big toe if that's what you want! We can figure something out. ------------------------------ From: "AugieWan" Subject: TMBG: tmbg stuff......... Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 13:40:23 -0500 Message-Id: <18390398400260@dancingink.com> Me again... I forgot to mention that I'm trying to put together an interesting tmbg page for fans. In light of the ever-growing number of MP3 sites out there, I want to try something different. What I want to create is a TMBG Museum, display scans of all the tmbg paraphernalia that I've collected along the way, Posters, mailings from the fan club, shirts, pins, sheet music, whatever I can get my hands on. SO, what this means is I need scans from all of you that have access to scanners. I have alot of stuff, but I want LOTS MORE! Let me know if you'll contribute. ------------------------------ From: LOADTMBG Message-ID: Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 13:29:36 EST Subject: TMBG: Moxy Fruvous--Bargainville Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) Hey Everybody, ------------------------------ From: LOADTMBG Message-ID: Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 13:38:31 EST Subject: TMBG: Moxy Fruvous--Bargainville (this one has a message-sorry) Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) Hey again, Sorry about the last post--I hit something by mistake and it sent it. Well from all the talk on the List about Moxy Fruvous I decided to order Bargainville. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what song I should listen to first? Thanx. :) LOADTMBG ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 11:47:11 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: Moxy Fruvous--Bargainville Message-ID: On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, LOADTMBG wrote: > Hey Everybody, now hey now everybody hey now everybody noww... sorry. i couldn't resist. -jim kuemmerle, who proposes a toast to his self-control. j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ *** MAJOR SITE UPDATES FINISHED TODAY AND YESTERDAY!! *** ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 13:52:58 -0500 (EST) From: LN Subject: Re: TMBG: Moxy Fruvous--Bargainville (this one has a message-sorry) Message-ID: On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, LOADTMBG wrote: > Hey again, > > Sorry about the last post--I hit something by mistake and it sent it. > Well from all the talk on the List about Moxy Fruvous I decided to order > Bargainville. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what song I should > listen to first? Thanx. :) Listen to the whole album all the way thru! I just got it and it rocks the haus. -ellen g. > > LOADTMBG "Black coffee's not enough for me, I need a better friend..." ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 14:11:53 -0500 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Moxy Fruvous--Bargainville (this one has a message-sorry) Message-id: <34870079.79DDA4@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> LOADTMBG wrote: > Sorry about the last post--I hit something by mistake and it sent it. > Well from all the talk on the List about Moxy Fruvous I decided to order > Bargainville. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what song I should > listen to first? Thanx. :) Hmmmm... first song to listen to? Well, ironically enough the first track (River Valley) is always preceded by MBLABOA (My Baby Loves a Bunch of Authors) when they do it live. But really the whole thing is just great. It kinda depends on what you like. BJ (track 3) is a good full instrumental tune that might start you out right. If you want to easy into new stuff listen to Spiderman (second from last track) first. If you don't know any french and wanna be confused at first, Morphee is a there too =) The Frulads had an Indie Cassette before Bargainville. This tape had My Baby Loves a Bunch of Authors, BJ Don't Cry, the Drinking Song, the Gulf War Song, and Green Eggs & Ham on it. Bargainville has all those except GE&H. Or I guess you could have faith in the Frufour putting their own songs in a logical order and just hit play. =) But anyway you choose, you did well purchasing some Fruvous! Start saving for You Will Go To The Moon next (unless you can get Wood where you are at)... -- -====================================================================- Chad Maloney | CMMalone@softart.com | WWW homeless as of late... -====================================================================- Software Engineer | Every little child learns, if you can't see Software Artistry | dreams your eyes are blind - Fly, Moxy Fruvous -====================================================================- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19971204142600.006a3578@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 14:26:00 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Obsession!?! At 12:54 PM 12/4/97 EST, you wrote: > >Now, the question is: why those 2 groups? What common factor do they >share? How would Baba O'Reilly sound on accordion? Wanna find out? Pick up "No Strings Attached" by Those Darn Accordions! -- it's an excellent CD with a wonderful cover of that song. TTYL, -Adam ------------------------------ From: Hjbttrben@aol.com Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 14:55:07 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <971204145507_-1665800934@mrin83.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: bootlegs If anyone has ANY TMBG bootlegs can they e-mail me? i gotz none but i wanna start a collection. please help a fellow fan if you can... Adam "mr. pathetic" Handelman ------------------------------ From: "AugieWan" Subject: TMBG: ...Must......post...............AGAIN! Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 15:01:57 -0500 Message-Id: <20003728100329@dancingink.com> There's been conversation over what They should/would call a record label of there own: TMB Productions, TMB Recording, and others. Just thought you might look to their flexi-disc and original tape that They released under the "label" named none other than TMB Music. ------------------------------ From: Hjbttrben@aol.com Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 14:59:27 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <971204145927_-689683044@mrin40.mx> Subject: TMBG: tablature Does anyone know where i can find good tablature(not chords) to TMBG? E-mail me back if you do ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 15:07:57 -0500 (EST) From: Ryan Staib Subject: Re: TMBG: ...Must......post...............AGAIN! Message-ID: On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, AugieWan wrote: * Just thought you might look to their flexi-disc and original tape that * They released under the "label" named none other than TMB Music. That's what I meant to say when I said TMB Productions!!! Doh! RS ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot Message-ID: <8669a1af.34870ea0@aol.com> Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 15:12:13 EST Subject: TMBG: Number of people on the list Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) In response to the number of people on the list, the answer is actually 2. Me & the other person reading this, I just argue with myself a lot & have a lot of different Email address each with their own personality.... & ALSO (i'm putting this in caps to get some attention this time) I WOULD LIKE AN ACCORDIAN NOTE (MIDDLE C) IN WAV FORMAT PLEASE!!!! I KNOW SOME OF YOU HAVE ACCORDIANS OUT THERE! PLEASE HELP ME OUT. ok, sorry about those caps Jason ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19971204211112.16986.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Gentle Ben" Subject: Re: TMBG: Moxy Fruvous--Bargainville (this one has a Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 16:11:08 EST LOADTMBG (huh, huh... you said 'load') said: >Well from all the talk on the List about Moxy Fruvous I decided to >order Bargainville. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what >song I should listen to first? When I get a new CD that I'm totally unfamiliar with, I just throw caution to the wind and hit "RANDOM". Free yourself from mundane concepts such as "The First Song", "The Second Song", etc. As someone who has yet to hear anything from Fruvous, which CD would y'all recommend to get acquainted with them? ******************** "Gentle" Ben - is wondering when Elastica's next album will be out. ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19971204211948.1676.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Gentle Ben" Subject: Re: TMBG: Obsession!?! Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 16:19:44 EST I said: >>How would Baba O'Reilly sound on accordion? ...and Adam said: >Wanna find out? Pick up "No Strings Attached" by Those Darn >Accordions! -- it's an excellent CD with a wonderful cover of that >song. HUH! Are you serious? I imagine that must be a very bizarre CD. Now, if it had a rendition of 'Lowrider' on it, I would HAVE to get it right now. ******************** "Gentle" Ben - believes an accordion version of ANY Metallica song would make the Billboard 100... ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 16:28:55 -0500 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: TMBG: Moxy Fruvous--Bargainville (this one has a message-sorry) Message-id: <34872097.BC9C2D70@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> Gentle Ben wrote: > As someone who has yet to hear anything from Fruvous, which CD would > y'all recommend to get acquainted with them? Personally, I'd say Bargainville is the best starter. Why you ask? 1) It can be bought in the US 2) It can sometimes be found in bargain bins for 8 bucks 3) It isn't as "involved" as Wood or You Will Go To The Moon 4) It has the songs most people identify with Moxy Fruvous on it Now, I dunno if 4 is a good or bad point, but it has a lot of catchy tunes that are upbeat, witty, and intelligent. It is definitely a great album. For most people, Wood and YWGTTM take a little bit to grow on them. I loved Bargainville from the start. Wood I was okay with for awhile but eventually it over took Bargainville. YWGTTM is great too, but Wood is still my favorite. Bargainville was released by Warner so it should be around if you can find it. YWGTTM is released by Bottom Line Record Company and should be around too. If not, get it ordered. BLRC is also going to rerelease Wood and "b" (an EP) around april or may of next year. Fruvous is also due for a Live album at about the same time. But really, you can't be an ass and yell out Spiderman at live shows without owning Bargainville. It's like a Fruvous rule or something... -- -====================================================================- Chad Maloney | CMMalone@softart.com | WWW homeless as of late... -====================================================================- Software Engineer | Every little child learns, if you can't see Software Artistry | dreams your eyes are blind - Fly, Moxy Fruvous -====================================================================- ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 16:33:49 -0500 (EST) From: Ryan Staib Subject: TMBG: HOW TO BUY CDS Message-ID: GO TO HTTP://WWW.CHEAP-CDS.COM. Be amazed at their prices, mp3 samples, and other cool stuff. Thank you. RS ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34874DCE.430@ix.netcom.com> Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 16:41:50 -0800 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: weckbuh (WECB) Subject: Re: TMBG: Obession!?! > Robyn, you need to see the 7 phases of TMBG addiction > that I believe is out on the unofficial TMBG site. I believe you > are in Phase 5 or 6. There is a support group out there who can > help you if you hit Phase 7. Good luck. There IS a 12-step program, isn't there? I think it involves being forced to ride around in a car that makes a noise with kittens painted all over it. The Boston folks are sedated at the moment cuz the city's lighting up the Common ..... ohhh....ahhhhh.... > Does anyone from Boston know if that accordian guy in Havard > Square still hangs out there. As far as I know, he's still out there. I see him every now and then. Amanda ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19971204171149.0069e408@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 17:11:49 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: NON-TMBG: Those Darn Accordions (was Re: Obsession) At 04:19 PM 12/4/97 EST, you wrote: > >HUH! Are you serious? I imagine that must be a very bizarre CD. > >Now, if it had a rendition of 'Lowrider' on it, I would HAVE to get it >right now. Check out the TDA! web page at http://www.globerecords.com/tda/ No 'Lowrider' on either of their CDs, but they have covered the Who, Elvis Costello, Jimi Hendrix, and Rod Stewart, among others. "No Strings Attached" is my favorite, but both of their CDs (haven't heard their first cassette) are excellent. -Adam ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 17:22:53 -0500 (EST) From: Nancy McGrath Subject: TMBG: Flansburgh to perform at NYC's Bottom Line 12/20 Message-Id: John Flansburgh has just confirmed that he'll be participating in a pair of benefit concerts at the Bottom Line in NYC on Saturday, December 20!! The concerts, which have been entitled "Holiday Harmonies -- Bandless-Aid for Hale House," will be a celebration of voices hosted by Sean Altman (http://www.bigsean.com) and featuring NYC a cappella group the Accidentals, Boston a cappella group Five O'Clock Shadow (http://www.focs.com) and the GrooveBarbers, an a cappella band comprised of Sean, other former Rockapella members and friends. Flansburgh will be doing an A CAPPELLA performance of one of his own songs, "Careless Santa." He'll be backed (vocally) by some of the evening's other performers. The evening will be full of surprises and good music, and the proceeds are going to a great cause, so don't miss it! The two shows are at 7:30 and 10:30 pm. Tickets are on sale now at the Bottom Line box office (cash only) or via mail order. To order by mail, send a certified check or money order for the total ticket amount plus 50 cents PER ORDER to: The Bottom Line 15 W. 4th St., NYC 10012. Be sure to indicate which show you wish to purchase tickets for, and include a daytime number so you can be contacted if there are any problems. Mail-order tickets will be held at the box office til you pick them up, unless you send a SASE and request they be mailed to you. For further information on the shows or purchasing tickets, call the Bottom Line at 212/228-6300. Seating at the Bottom Line is first come, first served. Doors open at 6pm for the 7:30 show, and 10pm for the 10:30 show. Nancy McGrath ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Nancy McGrath/nancy@bigsean.com Visit Sean Altman's Seanosphere at http://www.bigsean.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19971204223418.26606.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Gentle Ben" Subject: Re: TMBG: ...Must......post...............AGAIN! Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 17:34:17 EST Augie Wan said: >There's been conversation over what They should/would call a >record label of there own: TMB Productions, TMB Recording, and >others. Just thought you might look to their flexi-disc and original tape >that They released under the "label" named none other than TMB >Music. Have to take your word for it, since I own neither of those items. :D I think that "TMB Music" is kinda bland... if They would go to the effort of having Their own label, They'd have a name with flair! The End Of The Record Company! Where The Labels Won't Go! Record Companies Killed My Dog! Kiss Me, Son of Electra! or something like that... ... and AugieWan, you should definitely go ahead with your TMBG museum idea. I'll be there, my little Jedi friend! ******************** "Gentle" Ben - gee, haven't I been posting a lot today? ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 17:47:18 -0500 (EST) From: Ryan Staib Subject: Re: TMBG: ...Must......post...............AGAIN! Message-ID: On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, Gentle Ben wrote: * ... and AugieWan, you should definitely go ahead with your TMBG museum * idea. I'll be there, my little Jedi friend! YEAH, go ahead AugieWan, take ALL the credit for it!!! Good luck finding space to put it all on, if that's the way you're going to be... :P RS Remember: http://149.159.115.90/index.html for around 290 megs (and counting) of TMBG MP3s. http://149.159.115.90/mp3.html for 1.5 gigs of mp3s from other bands. >:) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19971205001756.0069d42c@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 18:17:56 -0600 From: "The Lil' Depressed Boy" Subject: TMBG: Hey I gotta web page! I just put up the version of my web page that I wrote originally, and am going to replace over the weekend. Go check it out while it still exists: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/tmbg/index.htm Oh and check out my first TMBRA (They Might Be in Real Audio), It's TDK's 11-06-97 offering, which will later be on a page that is devoted to my TMBRAs: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/tmbg/tdk_110697.ram LDB (Who was thinking of Leffel when He made these Web Page) (Subject slightly and altered and stolen from OFFICER KRUMPKY from the West Side Story , the Hey I gotta part says something real funny when played backwards) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199712050025.SAA13901@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "mal" Subject: Re: TMBG: Moxy Fruvous--Bargainville (this one has scurvy-sorry) Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 17:59:03 -0600 > "Gentle" Ben - is wondering when Elastica's next album will be out. > Hopefully, their songs will be *LONGER* next time... it's a really fun album during a night of Donkey Kong Country 2.. don't ask me why though... (Heart of Glass and Live's PAIN LIES ON THE RIVERSIDE is good during 'Plok" and *ANYTHING* is good during the orchestal soundtrack to the first Batman movie) Mike "Completely indifferent to the length of THEY tunes, however" Leffel ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 14:15:41 -0500 Subject: TMBG: soul coughing Message-ID: <19971204.141544.2870.2.groovyfrankenstein@juno.com> From: groovyfrankenstein@juno.com (Johnathan M Rapp) has anyone seen soul coughing with TMBG? ?? like live..... just wondering while i'm at it, does anyone know if TMBG have already or plan to do a show in Indianapolis (Indiana) ? um thats where i live.... J H R O N A P P ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199712050247.UAA00865@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "mal" Subject: Re: TMBG: Hey I gotta web page! Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 20:31:05 -0600 > LDB (Who was thinking of Leffel when He made these Web Page) Oh sure, you were thinking of me, BUT YOU WERE LOVING **HER**!!!!!!!!!! Mike "Yeah, well *I* just got a new version of PSP, BUCKO!" Leffel --who, conspicuously enough, will most likely never reveal where he found the mysterious glowing orb of energy which he uses to mentally control the U.S. Dental Association. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19971205032327.2258.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Lauren Mullen" Subject: TMBG: Fwd: tmbg-list Digest #3-337 Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 19:23:26 PST *NitpickR@AOL.com wrote...... * *Hey Adam, where did you find this?? :) *Amber I *might* not be Adam, but I do have an answer as well. Suncoast does carry the 120 Minutes video compilation with "Ana Ng" on it sometimes, but I have often seen it for $9 on the video shelf at Best Buy. Depending on where you live, they prolly do have a copy of it. There ya go. -judyg * Destination_Moon@yahoo.com * "There's a nut with a shotgun...bang, Bang, BANG!!!" -TMBG: When It Rains, It Snows ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19971205032508.11437.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Lauren Mullen" Subject: TMBG: 120 Minutes Video... Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 19:25:08 PST *NitpickR@AOL.com wrote...... * *Hey Adam, where did you find this?? :) *Amber I *might* not be Adam, but I do have an answer as well. Suncoast does carry the 120 Minutes video compilation with "Ana Ng" on it sometimes, but I have often seen it for $9 on the video shelf at Best Buy. Depending on where you live, they prolly do have a copy of it. There ya go. -judyg * Destination_Moon@yahoo.com * "There's a nut with a shotgun...bang, Bang, BANG!!!" -TMBG: When It Rains, It Snows ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 00:32:55 -0500 (EST) From: The Demonic Kangaroo Subject: TMBG: 12/3 concert pics! Message-ID: Howdy. I have just added 46 new concert photos from last night's show at the U of Delaware. Enjoy! -Mike http://www.cybercomm.net/~tdk/tmbg.html ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 22:26:55 -0500 Subject: TMBG: TMBG live Message-ID: <19971204.222701.2710.1.groovyfrankenstein@juno.com> From: groovyfrankenstein@juno.com (Johnathan M Rapp) i never have had the chance to see TMBG live and just wondered what its like. so anyone that can help me out will get a free ham from Jimmy's Deli or just a 'thank you' which ever is available..... J H R O N A P P ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-338 ******************************