Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-341 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 341 Monday, 8 December 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Added a RA part... TMBG: Da Vinci's Notebook TMBG: finished with lies TMBG: who's this list for anyway? Re: TMBG: who's this list for anyway? Re: TMBG: who's this list for anyway? Re: TMBG: who's this list for anyway? Re: TMBG: who's this list for anyway? -or- Okay, I'm done talking now... Fw: TMBG: who's this list for anyway? -or- I guess I'm not any better then... TMBG: Where's The TMBG Content? TMBG: who's this list for anyway? Re: TMBG: who's this list for anyway? Smoochers? Get off my property! Re: TMBG: who's this list for anyway? Smoochers? Get off my property! Re: TMBG: who's this list for anyway? -or- Okay, I'm done talking now... TMBG: Catalogs? Re: TMBG: finished with lies TMBG: icq thing Re: TMBG: finished with lies TMBG: Monk Madness! TMBG: Monk Madness! TMBG: Hey! what time is it?............. Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19971207102221.0068d9f0@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 04:22:21 -0600 From: "The Lil' Depressed Boy" Subject: TMBG: Added a RA part... Now things should be a hundred times easier to hear RA on my Webpage... You goto the main page (http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/tmbg/index.htm) and then there is a link that brings you to my RA page (Which I've added some non-TDK files up there) Whelp enjoy. LDB ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 11:26:58 -0500 (EST) From: Josh Woodward Subject: TMBG: Da Vinci's Notebook Message-id: I know there's been a little talk on here about Da Vinci's Notebook, but of interest to Giants fans.. They are a fun a capella band. Their first CD is coming out on New Years' Eve, and features a cover of Shoehorn with Teeth! As a double bonus, Moxy Fruvous back them up on Shoehorn, and the CD also features guests from the Bobs. Should be good stuff. Check out their website for more information: www.davincisnotebook.com Carry on! * ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Josh Woodward, Comp. Sci, BGSU joshw@mail.bgsu.edu Web Site and Tape List: http://www.dc-adnet.com/joshw/ "Everything I need to know, I learned from IRC: 1. The entire world is from Rochester and Bowling Green. 2. "licks" is spelled with asterisks and capitals. 3. Hail Murray, full of bass." - Sirilyan, #MoxyFruvous ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 09:47:40 -0700 Subject: TMBG: finished with lies Message-ID: <19971207.094753.12510.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) hEY HEy! after listening to the song *finished with lies* i thought immediately that john was watching that movie with jim carey in it... the one i missed seeing cuz it looked so bad... *liar liar* Anyone else have any ideas? so um, that;s my $.03 =) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***the purple crackberry, not the red one!!*** ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 10:34:47 -0700 From: "Dr. Worm" Message-ID: Subject: TMBG: who's this list for anyway? Organization: MailExcite (http://www.mailexcite.com) "I was referred to you because I am a TMBG and BNL fan" He nods and says "Oh, we are much better than those sh*t bands." - Moxy Fruvous Boy, that sure makes me feel like checking out their music! They sound like idiots and they've been talked about more than the Johns recently on the list. Sheesh! Free web-based email, Forever, From anywhere! http://www.mailexcite.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19971207134310.0069c474@130.127.28.14> Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 13:43:10 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: who's this list for anyway? They were just kidding. :-) I have been wondering about the noticeable lack of TMBG content lately... -Adam At 10:34 AM 12/7/97 -0700, you wrote: >"I was referred to you because I am a TMBG and BNL fan" He nods and says "Oh, we >are much better than those sh*t bands." - Moxy Fruvous > >Boy, that sure makes me feel like checking out their music! They sound like idiots >and they've been talked about more than the Johns recently on the list. Sheesh! > > > > >Free web-based email, Forever, From anywhere! >http://www.mailexcite.com > > /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19971207191741.00685858@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 13:17:41 -0600 From: "The Lil' Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: who's this list for anyway? The reason why their is a lack of TMBG content on the list, is the fact that their hasn't been anything new and exciting (or even just new) to talk about. We have the same problem on The Maxx list, except we don't get any mail in between issues. My friend is on a Kathy Ireland list, that he recieves a piece of mail every 4 months because there is no new content for them. We'll start talking about TMBG when we get something new. -The-Lil'-Depressed-Boy- At 01:43 PM 12/7/97 -0500, Adam Tyner wrote: >They were just kidding. :-) I have been wondering about the noticeable >lack of TMBG content lately... > >-Adam > >At 10:34 AM 12/7/97 -0700, you wrote: >>"I was referred to you because I am a TMBG and BNL fan" He nods and says >"Oh, we >>are much better than those sh*t bands." - Moxy Fruvous >> >>Boy, that sure makes me feel like checking out their music! They sound >like idiots >>and they've been talked about more than the Johns recently on the list. >Sheesh! >> >> >> >> >>Free web-based email, Forever, From anywhere! >>http://www.mailexcite.com >> >> >/----=========================================================----\ > http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ >The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! > Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 > > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <348AF859.C68559AE@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 14:26:17 -0500 From: Chad M Maloney Subject: Re: TMBG: who's this list for anyway? Dr. Worm wrote: > > "I was referred to you because I am a TMBG and BNL fan" He nods and says "Oh, we > are much better than those sh*t bands." - Moxy Fruvous > > Boy, that sure makes me feel like checking out their music! They sound like idiots > and they've been talked about more than the Johns recently on the list. Sheesh! Fruvous is kidding when they lambast people. It is really truly very hard to ever get a straight answer out of them for any question you ask if you don't make sure they know you are being serious beforehand. If I had a dime for every story they've made up about what Moxy Fruvous means, I could have a really nice meal. Please don't complain about list content without bringing up something to talk about. The conversation flows all over the place here and one decent message is enough to change the tide for a couple days. It just so happens that the last decent message was about Moxy Fruvous and so that's what the list has been about the last couple days. Maybe someone just needs to toast Leffel some more so we can talk about him again for awhile. Or maybe Hal should leave the band. We'd talk about that for awhile. Or maybe the Johns should send out another catalog so we can have half the list talk about it and half the list not yet receive theirs. Well, enough for me. I love Moxy Fruvous. I love They Might Be Giants. Yay for both! - Chad "How many degrees of separation are you from Mike Leffel?" Maloney ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199712072008.OAA06209@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "mal" Subject: Re: TMBG: who's this list for anyway? -or- Okay, I'm done talking now... Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 13:50:59 -0600 > Maybe someone just needs to toast Leffel some more I am not your Rye. I am not your Rye. I've had enough, I'm throwing off my butter and my...ah whatever. > so we can talk about > him again for awhile. Don't do that. I've got enough email all day with my Subtle-Ass Mailing List... (I'm the Admin) > Or maybe Hal should leave the band. And be replaced by KYLE RAYNER!! HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! *GO ALAN SCOTT*!!! *GO GUY GARDNER*!!! WHEEE!! >We'd talk about > that for awhile. Or maybe the Johns should send out another catalog so we > can have half the list talk about it and half the list not yet receive theirs. > Still ain't got mine.... ^_^ Sorry... I'm not forcing myself into conversation here... I just wanted to make a I AM NOT YOUR RYE joke.... > > - Chad "How many degrees of separation are you from Mike Leffel?" Maloney Mike "Switzerland Likes Gold. *I* Like Gold! Therefore, I'm A Nazi!" Leffel ---I'm very proud of this signature, BTW.... it's insulting the rash actions of 'neutral' Switzerland, not promoting Genocide, nor is it declaring my political association with evil. Some people need signs like this because they cannot see humour. We call these people 'InBred". For more information about Inbreds, please consult your local library, or have sex with your sister. Again. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199712072009.OAA06232@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "mal" Subject: Fw: TMBG: who's this list for anyway? -or- I guess I'm not any better then... Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 13:53:29 -0600 > > NON:TMBG follows.... sorry... > > > > > The reason why their is a lack of TMBG content on the list, is the fact > that > > their hasn't been anything new and exciting (or even just new) to talk > > about. We have the same problem on The Maxx list, > ^^^^^^^ > > > (Mike Leffel Laughs His Freaking Head Off. The resulting self- > decapitation sets his house on fire, which soon ignites the > gas main. After his city is systematically burned up and blown > to bits, the ghost of Mike Leffel is still laughing so hard, his ectoplasty > shatters the time-space continuum and soon all manner of stupid ideas > make their way into their own comic books at Image.) > > > > Oh wait... I'm sorry... I keep getting the MAXX confused with PITT... ew.. > um... nevermind about that then... I've no real concerns about MAXX, so > please > forgive the ... well, insult. > > > However, I will insult the blasphemy of Rob Liefeld and Alan Moore until > the > day I die. IT'S LIKE MARILYN MANSON making a song, using the utterly > stolen melody of PARTICLE MAN, calling it SHITTY MAN, and getting > admired for it. It's akin to redrawing THE MAN and using it prominently > in their album covers. It's like renaming themselves THEY > MIGHT BE MARILYN MANSON, and getting *NO* flak for it. Believe me. > > > http://smash.mgz.com/comics/comics.html > > Sorry.... I'm done ranting for the day. > > Mike "No more worse than anyone else here" Leffel > --be sure to send all NONTOPIC!! complaints to ---remove NOSPAM for email. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 12:56:18 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: Where's The TMBG Content? Message-ID: a suggestion for a way to fill up the void in between albums... *** TMBG INTERPS! *** i was browsing through the tmbg.org site, and i noticed that there are interps lacking for the following songs: - youth culture killed my dog - alienation's for the rich - when it rains it snows - for science - the biggest one - piece of dirt - theme from flood - istanbul, believe it or not - stormy pinkness (although that one's been discussed on the list in recent months) - ant - birds fly - hello radio (for those who want a challenge!) - dig my grave - the guitar - if i wasn't shy - siftin' (for those who REALLY want a challenge!) - i'm def - welcome to the jungle - i blame you - why does the sun shine? - jessica (for those who REALLY REALLY want a challenge!) - unrelated thing - o, do not forsake me - out of jail - token back to brooklyn - unforgotten - we've got a world that swings - now that i have everything - mainstream u.s.a. - fake out in buenos aires - weep day - the big big whoredom - i'm gettin' sentimental over you - become a robot - swing is a word - counterfeit fake and *everything* in the unreleased songs section, most notably: - dr. worm (i've got an interp in the works for that one) - i am not your broom - summer breeze - they got lost so take this broom as your standard and charge forth, o valiant giant-heads! slay the dragon of the ugly blank space where a little key should be!! -jim kuemmerle, who is thinking four things right now: (a) we do NOT need to toast mike leffel again. he has done nothing to deserve toasting. unless maybe you're proposing a toast to him. in which case, that's different. (b) when is the big tmbg.org site update coming? (c) jonathan chaffer had an interview with linnell a while back, and said he would tell us about it. any word from him? and (4) somebody (i forget who) was doing a tmbg/math paper. how did that turn out? ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9712071951.AA05402@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: who's this list for anyway? Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 14:51:06 -0500 (EST) > "I was referred to you because I am a TMBG and BNL fan" He nods and > says "Oh, we > are much better than those sh*t bands." - Moxy Fruvous > Boy, that sure makes me feel >like checking out their music! They sound like idiots > and they've been talked about more than the Johns recently on the list. > Sheesh! Unfortunately, this was taken out of context, Jian can be *very* sarcastic, he was just kidding around. After all, they do like TMBG a lot. Why would they record Shoehorn with Teeth with Da Vinci's Notebook? He talks like that every so often, he's just kidding around. Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <348B02BB.5A90@rica.net> Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 15:10:35 -0500 From: Joey Groah Subject: Re: TMBG: who's this list for anyway? Smoochers? Get off my property! > > Please don't complain about list content without bringing up something > to talk about. The conversation flows all over the place here and one > decent message is enough to change the tide for a couple days. It just > so happens that the last decent message was about Moxy Fruvous and so that's > what the list has been about the last couple days. > > Maybe someone just needs to toast Leffel some more so we can talk about > him again for awhile. Or maybe Hal should leave the band. We'd talk about > that for awhile. Or maybe the Johns should send out another catalog so we > can have half the list talk about it and half the list not yet receive theirs. > I remember a post from Leo a few weeks back soliciting suggestions for TMBG.org improvements or ideas. How about discussions of ideas for that? Here are a few for you to pick apart and shot down: A concert review area would be a good source for potential fans to get a non-professional rewiers opinion of the live shows (yeah, I realize Fruvous has a similar thing but will swear til my dying day I considered this before viewing their or aybody elses site). Along the same lines, how about a cool giant story page, like "Flans gave me a tissue," or "I got free tickets whenI bumped into them on the street." Maybe a pin the tale on Elektra or guess the bass player game? > - Chad "How many degrees of separation are you from Mike Leffel?" Maloney Joey, likes 'Tremors' and will fight anybody who says ID4 or any Jim Carrey movie is better. Except maybe 'Once Bitten'. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <348B0473.55F6@rica.net> Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 15:17:55 -0500 From: Joey Groah Subject: Re: TMBG: who's this list for anyway? Smoochers? Get off my property! > Here are a few for you to pick apart and shot down: That should be "shoot down." Carry on. Joey, loves The Incredible Pitt.. I mean Hulk. "Smash puny rip-off!" ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Sun, 7 Dec 97 16:52 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: who's this list for anyway? -or- Okay, I'm done talking now... >Still ain't got mine.... ^_^ Me neither. I don't think the Johns like Alma anymore, or something.. :~( -- "People who are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history." - former Vice President Dan Quayle ~ Kirsten Brodbeck ~ AKA Crow ~ kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ~ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19971207165914.0069cf78@130.127.28.14> Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 16:59:14 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Catalogs? I've been getting the Info Club letters for a little over a year now, but I still haven't gotten the catalog. Is there a way to ensure that I get a copy? There are several things in there I'd like to order... Thanks, -Adam, stuck in South Carolina.... /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: finished with lies Message-ID: <19971207.183256.2063.2.gray42@juno.com> From: gray42@juno.com (Claire V Gray) Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 22:12:49 EST so what album is finished with lies on?? Mysterio Gal "They've Garble Warble Fashes" --Slartibartfast gray42@juno.com ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: icq thing Message-ID: <19971207.183256.2063.1.gray42@juno.com> From: gray42@juno.com (Claire V Gray) Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 22:12:49 EST I've been gone for a bit due to confusion and skool but now i'm back and on ICQ anyone want to send me their numbers privately as to not make a lot of extra mail for people? Mysterio Gal "They've Garble Warble Fashes" --Slartibartfast gray42@juno.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19971207221859.0069e9f8@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 22:18:59 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: finished with lies At 10:12 PM 12/7/97 EST, you wrote: >so what album is finished with lies on?? None, at the moment. :-) TTYL, -Adam ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19971208013124.00912a10@mail.vt.edu> Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 01:31:24 -0500 From: Christopher Sexton Subject: TMBG: Monk Madness! Dear people I know or might know or probably don't know, Now available for your listening pleasure, the fuzzy monks latest album, a compilation of new and old, but certainly not bad, entitled, "Promised Land" . I will speak for the band when I say we've sucked in the past, but this blows all that away! From The Homey G-slice fly gangsta rap song to Give it up, a new rap track soon to be performed live at Grove Ave., from the Pasadoble' to Promised Land, the fuzzy monks have come along way and we'd like to hear from our target audience, so reserve your copy NOW, supplies are limited. Each tape will (unfortunately) cost $8 dollars, but this is mainly for the cost of the quality tapes and graphic art on the cover of the album. Please tell your friends, your family, anyone who likes fun music to e-mail us with your requests, and send a check made out to "Chris Sexton and Everett Simpson" for a small, measly $8 dollars. Please mail the check to: Fuzzy Monk Inc. 1569 Oak Ln. Manakin, Va 23103 along with a return address* it will arrive promptly at your door in time for Christmas, (if the postal system allows, no guarantees, sorry!) Please RSVP so I can get an idea of how many tapes to make in the first batch. Remember, you are supporting a worthy cause, but I'm not sure what it is, plus they make great Christmas presents! *If you are in college and are going home for Christmas please include a home address, so that the tape doesn't sit in your mailbox for weeks on end. PLEASE WRITE BACK FOR THE SAFETY OF THE FREE WORLD!!!!! Thank you. The Fuzzymonks ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19971208014457.0092c670@mail.vt.edu> Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 01:44:57 -0500 From: Christopher Sexton Subject: TMBG: Monk Madness! Dear people I know or might know or probably don't know, Now available for your listening pleasure, the fuzzy monks latest album, a compilation of new and old, but certainly not bad, entitled, "Promised Land" . I will speak for the band when I say we've sucked in the past, but this blows all that away! From The Homey G-slice fly gangsta rap song to Give it up, a new rap track soon to be performed live at Grove Ave., from the Pasadoble' to Promised Land, the fuzzy monks have come along way and we'd like to hear from our target audience, so reserve your copy NOW, supplies are limited. Each tape will (unfortunately) cost $8 dollars, but this is mainly for the cost of the quality tapes and graphic art on the cover of the album. Please tell your friends, your family, anyone who likes fun music to e-mail us with your requests, and send a check made out to "Chris Sexton and Everett Simpson" for a small, measly $8 dollars. Please mail the check to: Fuzzy Monk Inc. 1569 Oak Ln. Manakin, Va 23103 along with a return address* it will arrive promptly at your door in time for Christmas, (if the postal system allows, no guarantees, sorry!) Please RSVP so I can get an idea of how many tapes to make in the first batch. Remember, you are supporting a worthy cause, but I'm not sure what it is, plus they make great Christmas presents! *If you are in college and are going home for Christmas please include a home address, so that the tape doesn't sit in your mailbox for weeks on end. PLEASE WRITE BACK FOR THE SAFETY OF THE FREE WORLD!!!!! Thank you. The Fuzzymonks ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19971208070055.16262.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Augie Wan" Subject: TMBG: Hey! what time is it?............. Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 23:00:54 PST Let's Declare this "No BNL, MF, SNZ, Brain Dewan, Frank Black, or any other band but TMBG Day!"-- Ok, I know, "You want the list to talk about_______ , then start a #@*! conversation about _______ , or butt out!!!" Here goes.............. conversation 1) Ryan Staib's Web Site - You all know it, the one that's become a staple in the TMBG Download Fan's bookmarks. Well there was a little accident on his home-run server and...... POOF! the files are all gone! SO..... In light of the fact that Ryan is a little distraught over this, I feel that everyone that came and got files from him owes him the favor. Once he reads this Post, he should respond by posting the FTP server information, and all of us help get him back on track. He was in the process of finding live versions of every TMBG song out there and then some. He's back to ground zero, so let's help him out and get the "Ultimate TMBG DownLoad Page" back up. Send him those files! Even if you never got anything from him, help out! conversation 2) I've been curious what songs They sang during the time they were doing "Stump the Band" during their concerts. I already posted that they sang "Tainted Love" from Soft Cell when I saw them in 92. Let's start compiling who saw what, when. Leo could even add that as a part of TMBG.org, that is if it's not already there. I can see it now, the "Stump the Band, the Songs TMBG Sang On the Spot" page. conversation 3) What else can we contribute to TMBG.ORG???? This has been mentioned/asked before, and very few suggestions have come up. Let's brainstorm people, what do you want to see at the new and improved site? conversation 4) This survey that was mentioned - What has happened with this? Who's in charge? When's it going to happen? Are the questions just going to be posted to the list or what? If the person that is in charge of this wants me to make a webpage using an active form to fill out the survey, to keep it anonymous and easy to compile, just get ahold of me. conversation 5) The TMBG Memorabilia Museum - This is a site that I've mentioned my desire to build, some of you have already responded to me personally, asking if I would like pictures of odd TMBG stuff that you have. YES, by all means, send them! Just e-mail the stuff, unless of course you can put them on the internet, then just let me know where to grab them. I would love a pic of that TMBG laser disk that someone mentioned a few days back! OH, and all donated pics will have credit lines under them saying who gave them to the museum. So send, send, send! conversation 6) I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, I'm sleepy. But if you think of other TMBG related things to talk about, open your big mouths! As for me, I'll be back to see where these conversations are going in about six hours when I get to work in the morning...... Yuck. Hey! for all those who give a darn, the Cartoon Planet list has been contacted by Rhino to see what songs the fans would like to hear Brak and company to sing on the next Cartoon Planet CD, and the most requested band has clearly been TMBG with requests for Particle Man, Exquisite Dead Guy, The Day, and many others. * ------------------------------------ TTFN - AugieWan@DancingInk.com My home page, AugieWan's Hut, coming soon. Featuring sections devoted to TMBG, SNZ, Brak, StarWars, Calvin & Hobbes, Norman (my strip), and other cool stuff! TMBG Fanclub Member #2061 ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-341 ******************************