Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-342 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 342 Tuesday, 9 December 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Hey! what time is it?............. It's TMBG Time! TMBG: Four more songs... TMBG: My Poor MP3 page TMBG: Moxy TMBG: re: who's this list for.. TMBG: Stump the band TMBG: stump the band Re: TMBG: stump the band TMBG: Nothing new!?! Re: TMBG: Nothing new!?! Re: TMBG: Moxy Fruvous and other bands (oops.) TMBG: They and M2 Re: TMBG: Letterman vs. Leno TMBG:(for those who REALLY REALLY want a challenge!) TMBG: sorry... i guess Re: TMBG:(for those who REALLY REALLY want a challenge!) TMBG: in defense of Fruvous TMBG: reply? TMBG: Random musings ... about TMBG! I swear! TMBG: TMBG Merchandise Re: TMBG:(for those who REALLY REALLY want a challenge!) TMBG: Did they get lost too? sortaTMBG: The Wingo Chronicles... Tonight, Jerry and George sell their souls to Vandelay industries... Re: TMBG: TMBG Merchandise TMBG: Links Wanted! TMBG: So, you want to make an album Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <199712080725.BAA23203@oats.farm.niu.edu> Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 01:23:47 -0600 From: Court Schuett Subject: Re: TMBG: Hey! what time is it?............. It's TMBG Time! >conversation 2) I've been curious what songs They sang during the time >they were doing "Stump the Band" during their concerts. I already posted >that they sang "Tainted Love" from Soft Cell when I saw them in 92. I'm not sure if this was "Stump the Band" or not, but when the played in Peoria, Il., in, hmmmmmm, 93 i think. They played "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond. They asked for a security guards dad's favorite song, and all the guy could think of was Neil Diamond, so they played Sweet Caroline. Rather well I might add. Sonce then it's been a favorite of mine. :) -Court ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19971208083003.0069e7ac@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 02:30:03 -0600 From: "The Lil' Depressed Boy" Subject: TMBG: Four more songs... My website (@ http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/tmbg/index.htm) I added four more songs for your Real Audio listening pleasure. LDB ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 04:01:20 -0500 (EST) From: Ryan Staib Subject: TMBG: My Poor MP3 page Message-ID: It's gone. All of it. :( The IP is still 149.159.115.90 login as tmbg password tmbg and use the upload directory for uploads... I had even just finished adding complete MP3 tags to each of them and making a page that told you where every song came from (assuming I knew). Oh well. RS ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <4bd04df.348bb82e@aol.com> Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 04:04:33 EST Subject: TMBG: Moxy Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) Welp. My turn. (4 am and I'm still up ::sigh:: I hate sundays) -- B album was what hooked me. I was in Kingston, Ontario for a day in the summer of '96 and while I was there I thought I should buy a Canadian cd. :) So I bought the only Moxy one I saw at one particular store - which was The B Album and I instantly loved it. I got a dub of B'ville from a friend, got Wood as an import at a local store, got B'ville, then YWGTTM when it came out. And I've seen them 3 times, got my Fruvous pin on my bag... If you like TMBG you'll like Fruvous. Simple. > "Everything I need to know, I learned from IRC: 1. The entire >world is from Rochester and Bowling Green. 2. "licks" is spelled >with asterisks and capitals. 3. Hail Murray, full of bass." {giggle} that's cute. :) Oh yah hey Sara the new Fru head -- :) make sure to check out alt.music.moxy- fruvous and http://www.fruvous.com (which is run by a fellow rochestarian, aw yeah! ;)) sarah "basil endive parmesan shrimp live lobster hamster worcester munster caviar raddicio snow beef scampy..." um.. yeah. {{Hey yay! Lincoln's on the radio!:D Just remember what the biker chick said..}} ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <9642bcaf.348bb96e@aol.com> Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 04:10:03 EST Subject: TMBG: re: who's this list for.. Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) This would be an email reply but this is for the benefit of anyone who's thinking the same thing. >> "I was referred to you because I am a TMBG and BNL fan" He nods and says "Oh, we are much better than those sh*t bands." - Moxy Fruvous Boy, that sure makes me feel like checking out their music! They sound like idiots and they've been talked about more than the Johns recently on the list. Sheesh! << Out of context I know what you're thinking. But they all know each other and cover each other sometimes, - the guys in Moxy have even complimented me on my TMBG & BNL shirts before. Jian was just kiddin' around. These guys are comedians . Hope that kinda clears your uh.. impression. sarah http://lava.home.ml.org <-- !new and improved! !now with retro clipart! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <348BED2A.30A0716B@geocities.com> Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 07:50:50 -0500 From: David Rueth Organization: Geocities (http://www.geocities.com) Subject: TMBG: Stump the band >conversation 2) I've been curious what songs They sang during the time >they were doing "Stump the Band" during their concerts. I already posted >that they sang "Tainted Love" from Soft Cell when I saw them in 92. >Let's start compiling who saw what, when. Leo could even add that as a >part of TMBG.org, that is if it's not already there. I can see it now, >the "Stump the Band, the Songs TMBG Sang On the Spot" page. I can remember Them doing the following: Electric Avenue -- Bogart's, Cincy OH 10-10-92 I am Woman (and let me tell ya it was darn funny to see Flans sing that) Sweet Caroline I can't remember location/dates for the others, but one was in Peoria, IL at Bradley U. DAVE -- Visit my feeble attempt at a home page! http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Stadium/4818/ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 06:49:26 -0700 Subject: TMBG: stump the band Message-ID: <19971208.064932.11502.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) >>>2) I've been curious what songs They sang during the time they were doing "Stump the Band" during their concerts. I already posted that they sang "Tainted Love" from Soft Cell when I saw them in 92. Let's start compiling who saw what, when. Leo could even add that as a part of TMBG.org, that is if it's not already there. I can see it now, the "Stump the Band, the Songs TMBG Sang On the Spot" page.<<< hmm... sounds like a little tape called "Stumpbox"... oh yeah, and its sequel "Stumpbox 2 : Speak my thoughts" the only thing with those tapes is that the dates aren't listed... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***Now, with...: punctuation - (for easy); reading!*** ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19971208085812.0069aa50@130.127.28.14> Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 08:58:12 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: stump the band At 06:49 AM 12/8/97 -0700, you wrote: > >hmm... sounds like a little tape called "Stumpbox"... oh yeah, and its >sequel "Stumpbox 2 : Speak my thoughts" the only thing with those tapes >is that the dates aren't listed... Yeah, but some of us (I'm not among them) saw TMBG perform songs that aren't compiled on either of the tapes, which would be an excellent addition to the page, IMO. There's a really cool text file on ftp.tmbg.org with a couple of Stump The Band comments, I believe. TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: echuss@notes.cc.bellcore.com Message-ID: <85256567.00534DFC.00@notes950.cc.bellcore.com> Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 10:27:52 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Nothing new!?! > A concert review area would be a good source for > potential fans to get a non-professional rewiers opinion > of the live shows? People are saying nothing new is going on with the band. What about the tour!? We NEED concert updates/stories (especially from the Mercury Lounge). A concert review area would be great. Maybe a concert review Hall of Fame (like the top 20 concert stroies or something). Royce Lee's experiences would have to be near the top. Who's Royce you ask? He was a list member from down-under who gave us daily reports from his epic concert journey. Everyday it just seemed to get better and better. :) > conversation 2) I've been curious what songs They sang during the time > they were doing "Stump the Band" during their concerts. I already posted > that they sang "Tainted Love" from Soft Cell when I saw them in 92. > Let's start compiling who saw what, when. There is a tape compilation that called 'Stumpbox' floating around. I believe there is also a 'Stumpbox 2'. Which contains all the covers TMBG ever did up until a year or so ago. I have a copy of 'Stumpbox' but I have no way of copying it for you. I am sure someone on the list could help you out. I feel terrible because I don't remember who put this great tape together. I know it is written on the inside of the cassette case but I don't have it with me. Erik ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19971208110701.006a0b9c@130.127.28.14> Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 11:07:01 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Nothing new!?! Not all of the covers are on there...just the ones that the compilers could get a hold of. I've heard they've covered "We've Got The Beat" by the Go-Gos, among others, that aren't on either tape. I reeeeeally want to hear that cover too! :-) TTYL, -Adam At 10:27 AM 12/8/97 -0500, you wrote: > >There is a tape compilation that called 'Stumpbox' floating around. I >believe there >is also a 'Stumpbox 2'. Which contains all the covers TMBG ever did up >until >a year or so ago. I have a copy of 'Stumpbox' but I have no way of copying >it >for you. I am sure someone on the list could help you out. I feel terrible >because >I don't remember who put this great tape together. I know it is written on >the >inside of the cassette case but I don't have it with me. > >Erik > > > > /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19971208161048.22698.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Gentle Ben" Subject: Re: TMBG: Moxy Fruvous and other bands (oops.) Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 11:10:44 EST A couple days ago, Ryan said: >OK, I want someone to be proud of me, too. I just bought 5 CDs. >They are: Public Enemy: Fear of a Black Planet; Lincoln: Lincoln; >Ween: The Mollusk; Ween: God, Ween, Satan, The Oneness; Moxy >Fruvous: Bargainville. And all this was _before_ there was all this talk >about people buying the Fruvous stuff. So can I be a good person, >too? I'm proud of you Ryan! Your musical tastes are diverse and deep! However, you don't want to be a good person. Being good is BORING. Believe me. I've been there. Yawn. ******************** "Gentle" Ben - is in love with the girl from Ivy. ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19971208170304.23781.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Gentle Ben" Subject: TMBG: They and M2 Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 12:03:03 EST In the not-to-distant past, Joey said: >Also the Frank Black video Flans directed was playing at 1:31 a.m. >this morning on M2. Then for some reason that annoying Van Halen >song about the teacher came on, reinforcing my avoidance of M2. Yes, "Hot for Teacher" IS annoying, but at least M2 actually plays MUSIC. Their mix is pretty good, they don't have commercials, and Kennedy has never been a VJ there. I can recall at least 3 times I've seen TMBG videos on M2, which is 3 times more that They've been on MTV recently. I guess the Johns just don't appeal to the "Singled Out" and "Real World" audience base. Just wondering, but what other videos has Flans directed? ******************** "Gentle" Ben - Operation Ivy is NOT the same as Ivy. Okay? ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19971208172834.4228.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Gentle Ben" Subject: Re: TMBG: Letterman vs. Leno Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 12:28:33 EST Couple days ago, Mike said: >Hey, if anyone happens to be watching David Letterman on Monday >night, and you see someone in the audience wearing a tmbg shirt, its >me. >:) We'll be expecting a full report on Tuesday. :D ... and I'd just like to take this time to state my opinion of Jay Leno. He really, really sucks. And he's not funny. And he kisses every butt that hits his couch. If it wasn't for the fact that he gave They major exposure back when Flood came out, I would make a motion that he and his entire life should be immediately struck from existence and the planet's collective memory. Just seeing his face makes me want to plant my foot thru my 27" Panasonic. I hate him! hate him! hate him! Okay, I feel better now. ******************** "Gentle" Ben - no relation to "Iron" Jay. ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot Message-ID: <53e18dda.348c6873@aol.com> Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 15:03:12 EST Subject: TMBG:(for those who REALLY REALLY want a challenge!) Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) Someday at sometime, somebody wrote: >>- jessica (for those who REALLY REALLY want a challenge!) actually, this song is very easy to interpret, you've just got to do it from the perspective of the right band. As we all know it's an Allman Brothers song (am I right?), if I remember correctly, it was written about one of their relatives, kind of a nice, happy, I love my relatives song....if anybody wants to try to interpret why the Johns covered it, well...i think sometimes people look for meaning too hard. also, I'm still looking for an accordian note (in wav format) at middle C (or a chord or whatever you call them on the accordian)...so, I'm going to post that i'm looking for one until I actually get one. (Augiewan sent me an offer, but he doesn't have his accordian with him, so it would take him so time, but I thank him a lot, anyway). oh, by the way, I was reading the last TMBG digest & was freaked out when someone posted something about Fuzzy Monk or something like that. Mainly, because last year sometime, I played with a band called Munk, & they were jerks, so if anyone ever hears about a band called Munk (aka Aissa), they suck & don't support them....ok...I'm speaking negatively of bands, oh well.... Jason "I like poop" Glastetter ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 20:53:59 -0500 Subject: TMBG: sorry... i guess Message-ID: <19971208.205456.2894.3.groovyfrankenstein@juno.com> From: groovyfrankenstein@juno.com (Johnathan M Rapp) um sorry for this 'im telling you what to do' crap if i pissed anyone off im sorry (the message about changing the TMBG layout..) actually the only one that seemed to be is that dude that owns the list but whatever i was asking to be put on the one that you get messages as they come in and not the digest (that im on now) so sorry i guess J H R O N A P P ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 16:47:35 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG:(for those who REALLY REALLY want a challenge!) Message-ID: On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Happyfroot wrote: > Someday at sometime, somebody wrote: (me) > >>- jessica (for those who REALLY REALLY want a challenge!) > > actually, this song is very easy to interpret, you've just got to do it from > the perspective of the right band. As we all know it's an Allman Brothers song > (am I right?)... mm-hmm. > ...if I remember correctly, it was written about one of their > relatives, kind of a nice, happy, I love my relatives song....if anybody wants > to try to interpret why the Johns covered it, well...i think sometimes people > look for meaning too hard. that makes sense. i was personally thinking more along the lines of how They approached it musically -- what are the differences/commonalities between the two versions -- stuff like that. > also, I'm still looking for an accordian note (in wav format) at middle C (or > a chord or whatever you call them on the accordian)...so, I'm going to post > that i'm looking for one until I actually get one. (Augiewan sent me an offer, > but he doesn't have his accordian with him, so it would take him so time, but > I thank him a lot, anyway). i have an accordion, and i would be happy to help you, but i haven't the slightest fragment of a clue how to go about recording it on the computer and putting it in .wav format for you. making graphics and writing html are about the extent of my internet capabilities to date. -jim kuemmerle, who wonders if 'they might be gothic' is just an altered version of 'engravers gothic'... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ *** the december issue is online!! *** ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19971208163415.006e70c4@mailbox.ucdavis.edu> Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 16:34:29 -0800 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: in defense of Fruvous >I know there's been a little talk on here about Da Vinci's Notebook, but >of interest to Giants fans.. I gotta stop and back Josh up here. I picked up their demo tape ("Somebody Else's Greatest Hits") and it's very good. They've got an excellent, very TMBG-ish sense of humor, and they sing darn well. Plus I met Richard from DVN last August and he was a darn nice fellow. I hadn't heard that they were putting a CD out so soon, but it's welcome news. >"I was referred to you because I am a TMBG and BNL fan" He nods and says "Oh, we >are much better than those sh*t bands." - Moxy Fruvous >Boy, that sure makes me feel like checking out their music! They sound like idiots >and they've been talked about more than the Johns recently on the list. Sheesh! Moxy Fruvous respect TMBG. They have outright said that they admire them and are flattered to be compared to them (in an interview on fruvous.com) and have covered a couple TMBG songs in concert. I wasn't there, but I can guarantee you that they were kidding. Ask them what "Moxy Fruvous" means sometime. :) >when it rains it snows Has always struck me as a great plot for a murder mystery. :) Think about it! The police come to someone's house and find a note attatched to the door, bearing only the enigmatic scrawl "When it rains, it snows." Just inside is the corpse of the note's author, dead via foul play... Ooo, sends shivers down my spine. >Still ain't got mine.... ^_^ Me neither. Have I been judged and found unworthy? >conversation 2) I've been curious what songs They sang during the time >they were doing "Stump the Band" during their concerts. I already posted >that they sang "Tainted Love" from Soft Cell when I saw them in 92. >Let's start compiling who saw what, when. Leo could even add that as a >part of TMBG.org, that is if it's not already there. I can see it now, >the "Stump the Band, the Songs TMBG Sang On the Spot" page. This already exists, in the form of a great compilation tape called Stumpbox. Highlights for me included: A Horse With No Name, I Wanna Be Sedated, Lines on a Tranquil Brow, and This Land is Your Land ("...get off of my land, I'll kill you now...") Check it out, check it totally out. >conversation 4) This survey that was mentioned - What has happened with >this? Who's in charge? When's it going to happen? Are the questions just >going to be posted to the list or what? Still on AFAIK, Bill Tatlovich, dunno but prolly not soon (Bill's a busy guy), and yes. Hope this helps! --nicole the wonder nerd it's not my birthday, it's not today... oh, wait... actually, it is. :) *** "Candy taste with every breath I take, exhaling icy mists of crystal in my wake; but the peppermint tingle I'm feeling in my soul is the candycane swirl of a world out of control..." --The House Jacks ("Saturnalia Smile") Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn Public PGP key at http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn/key.html ncarlson@mail.arc.nasa.gov nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <348C9D9F.608C@geocities.com> Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 17:23:43 -0800 From: Vladimir Drakul Subject: TMBG: reply? Hey, I haven't been getting the List for the last couple days... what's up? -- Vladimir Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/ ******************************************************************* "...so the room must listen to me filibuster vigilantly..." -They Might Be Giants "How do YOU know about my beard growing escapade?!" -Guybrush Threepwood "An eye for an eye only makes the world blind." -Mahatma Ghandi ------------------------------ From: TerryTMBG Message-ID: <88726afe.348c9f9e@aol.com> Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 20:19:23 EST Subject: TMBG: Random musings ... about TMBG! I swear! Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) Hey everybody. I wonder why I say that. There are probably like two people on this list with whom I have ever spoken, either online or in real life. But anyway. >after listening to the song *finished with lies* i thought immediately >that john was watching that movie with jim carey in it... the one i >missed seeing cuz it looked so bad... *liar liar* Anyone else have any >ideas? Interesting thought, Jordan (okay that makes one person), but when I listen to it (it's not on an album for anyone who cares but it's on TDK's page at http://www.cybercomm.net/~tdk/tmbg.html) I think it's more along the lines of their label departure. Something along the lines of how they were always pretending that they were having a grand old time at Elektra while some of the best albums ever made were being mostly ignored, but now they are sick of all this "we're happy at our big corporation" stuff. As one of the Johns might say, "I'm telling the truth. I'm finished with lies." Hmmmm... I thought I had more than this, but oh well... Regarding the lack of interps at tmbg.org, I can come up with good (sounding) interps for anything. For example, let's pick the hardest one, "Jessica." This, I suspect, was Dickey Betts's lament about some girl he met, fell in love with, and lost because she was a one-town woman and he was just passing through, and then about 20 years later TMBG did it because they were feeling a little sentimental about their indie-label status being gone forever (or so they thought). Hmmmm... wow, that was really bad. Anyway, you get the idea... sorry for taking up so much space, in any case I will see you all later! -Terry- P.S. Speaking of "Summer Breeze," since I live in the area I should know this, but what stuff does WEEI play? ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 19:23:49 -0800 (PST) From: winningh Subject: TMBG: TMBG Merchandise Message-ID: All you people who haven't got your catalog yet I feel your pain, but I deserve more pity. I ordered some stuff from the last one in, jeez, mid-September and nothing! They cashed my check but everyday Mr. Postman throws my heart in the dirt again, John & John don't love me, nooooobody loves me {:( Sarah "needs exciting shotglasses to survive" Winningham ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 22:58:09 -0500 (EST) From: The Living Behemoth Subject: Re: TMBG:(for those who REALLY REALLY want a challenge!) Message-id: I heard that Jessica was written for Duane? Allman who was killed in a motorcycle accident of some sort, so the rest of the band wrote this song for him...anyone else hear something like this? --The Living Behemoth *************************************************************************** "There are three kinds of people in the world--those who can count and those who can't." "Whatever doesn't kill you will make you stranger." "The world fascinates me. It's so nice. Whatever it is." -Andy Warhol ------------------------------ From: Shaft137 Message-ID: Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 22:09:24 EST Subject: TMBG: Did they get lost too? Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) hi. this is adam. just out of plain curiousity, and i don't know if this has been talked about and answered, but is the horn section still around? When They were in Philly last September, they were sans brass. Was this just a fluke or have the horns been 86ed from the shows? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199712090441.WAA04035@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "mal" Subject: sortaTMBG: The Wingo Chronicles... Tonight, Jerry and George sell their souls to Vandelay industries... Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 22:24:05 -0600 "..Is that a Titlist?!" HAW! I was watching the news because Seinfeld was late and stupid PBS is having a fund raising thing, so ARE YOU BEING SERVED? isn't on...stupid Riverdance. Yoo Hoo! Stomping and violins. Color me giddy and shove cocktail weiners up the nose of your local school counselor. Anyway... There was a story about workers in iowa or south dakota or something that were fired because they tried to form a union... They then shifted to a clip-interview of this yokel picketing in the snow. I have no blazing clue what his beef is about, but his name was JOSH WINGO. Now, what with the resurgence of inner meanings in TMBG songs, I posit the thoery that perhaps the song has something to do with some person the Johns knew who was considered a King of some sorts. Bah. Longshot, but hey. I saw some guy with the last name of Wingo. Mike "Now I have you by the short rabbits!" Leffel ---who will take you violently to the gynocolgist for a thorough exam...Yah-Ha! Spider-Woman! ...I wonder if there's some guy named Urineman... possibly Dutch... ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 22:39:29 -0600 (CST) From: Jason Loss Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Merchandise Message-ID: > deserve more pity. I ordered some stuff from the last one in, jeez, > mid-September and nothing! They cashed my check but everyday Mr. Postman > throws my heart in the dirt again, John & John don't love me, nooooobody > loves me {:( > Sarah "needs exciting shotglasses to survive" Winningham > I feel your pain. I ordered the snazzy-looking world tour 2040 shirt and the s-e-x-x-y single, and nothing! I'm going nuts! My check is already cashed! Is it in the mail? Is it on the moon? UGH! *********************************************************************** "Oooohh, I get it Paul, back on that old time is money kick, right?" "Not back on it Joe, still on it." - TMBG, Snowball in Hell. "You don't think about others at all, do you?!" "Of course not, I just think about myself first."- DS9, Quark & his mom. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 23:00:22 -0600 (CST) From: ***Tarnished Silence*** Subject: TMBG: Links Wanted! Message-ID: I am doing some major revamp of my web site, and I want to have a page of every imaginable TMBG personal web page, because I don't have the time to construct my own, and most of you people do a better job, anyway. So if you would like a free link to your page from mine (and I promise I'm going to advertise on the search engines), please email it to me privately. Thanks a lot! Tarnished Silence 210 /--------------------------------------\ | knowing the dark | | mind tramples the sun | | holding the power | | it comes without sound | | | | T A R N I S H E D S I L E N C E | | tsilence@usa.net | \--------------------------------------/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <348CD313.A4E@rica.net> Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 00:11:47 -0500 From: Joey Groah Subject: TMBG: So, you want to make an album So if TMBG is looking for a label, per rumors of their split from Elektra, how should they be promoted? I infrequently watch The Rosie O'Donnell (sp?) Show, and it occurred to me that a kid/"value" friendly band like TMBG would go well with the show's image and bring quality music to the masses, boosting TMBG's record sales and, banking on TMBG's ability, keep a number of new fans. The beauty of the band is they don't have to "sell out" to be successful; they've proven in the past that by listening to their muses and pleasing themselves sales will follow. Except for these last albums... By kid friendly I don't mean geared towards kids, but the band remarks on the young audience they attract, and I have listened to the albums with young relatives in earshot, and they seem to enjoy them a good deal. I think kids, along with the music, if they pay attention to lyrics and content, appreciate the open ended interpretations of TMBG songs, something I consider one of the bands strongest points. I know some of the listies were turned on to TMBG from Tiny Toons, proving their musical hook and catchiness. I don't know why TMBG didn't enjoy greater commercial success after Flood with Apollo 18, I started listening in, oh, late '93? Was it publicity? The album itself? Flood is pretty successful on the dollar end, as well as the critical end, like the earlier albums. Any observations on what happened with Apollo 18? Too much typing about nothing? Joey, up too late for a sleepy guy with exams, not afraid of Scream 2, rambling too much http://www.joeymania.com - All news about final exams, all the time. Sign up for the Joey Digest of daily mailing! (Helpful hint: not a real link) ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-342 ******************************