Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-343 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 343 Wednesday, 10 December 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: survey TMBG: Ivy (none) TMBG: Did they get lost too? TMBG: WPI tickets Re: TMBG: Museum. Re: TMBG: Museum. Re: TMBG: So, you want to make an album TMBG: TMBG Stuff Wanted Re: TMBG: reply? Fw: TMBG: reply? TMBG: Good Times Re: Fw: TMBG: reply? TMBG: bertie, the littlest spanish inquisitor Fw: Fw: TMBG: reply? TMBG: Covers not on the Stumpboxes Re: TMBG: reply? Re: TMBG: WPI tickets Re: TMBG: TMBG Merchandise Re: TMBG: TMBG Merchandise TMBG: ASCII Pics? Re: TMBG: TMBG Merchandise TMBG: They on Rosie Re: TMBG: reply? TMBG: Re: TMBG Merchandise: Sarah, i feel your pain! TMBG: Maine shows Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG Merchandise: Sarah, i feel your pain! Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG Merchandise: Sarah, i feel your pain! Fwd: TMBG: They on Rosie TMBG: more nickelodeon references Re: TMBG: Ivy TMBG: More label info, and a Dead Milkmen announcement Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 01:05:14 -0600 (CST) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: Re: TMBG: survey Message-ID: > conversation 4) This survey that was mentioned - What has happened with > this? Who's in charge? When's it going to happen? Are the questions just > going to be posted to the list or what? If the person that is in charge > of this wants me to make a webpage using an active form to fill out the > survey, to keep it anonymous and easy to compile, just get ahold of me. Well, AugieWan, it was I who did the original list survey about a year ago (the site for which is still at http://www.cec.wustl.edu/~wt3/tmbgsurvey.html). About a month or so ago I posted asking if anyone was interested in an update, i.e. a new survey. I asked people to e-mail me if interested in participating, and I got a whopping 14 responses. Knowing that there are many more people on the list than that, I decided to give up on the idea. If people really want to see a new survey, e-mail me at wt3@cec.wustl.edu and let me know. Again, if enough people seem interested, I'll do it. Otherwise, oh well. See ya. Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 01:05:57 -0600 (CST) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: TMBG: Ivy Message-ID: > ******************** > "Gentle" Ben - is in love with the girl from Ivy. Woah, it's good to hear this. I thought I was the only person on my proverbial block to be in love with her, let alone know who the hell she is. The fact that they make terrific music is a great help too...go out right now and buy Apartment Life, their CD (the only one I know of). If nothing else, I know the Border's Book Store near my house in Ohio has Ivy on their listening station...so listen to it until you can't stand not having the CD in your stereo. Or something. See ya. Oh yeah, and sorry for the multiple posts. Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu ------------------------------ From: nmoos1@rachel.chatham.edu Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 02:20:02 -0500 (EST) Message-Id: <199712090720.CAA03332@cmu1.acs.cmu.edu> > hi. this is adam. hi, adam! (this is naomi.) > just out of plain curiousity, and i don't know if this has been talked about > and answered, When They were in Philly > last September, they were sans brass. Was this just a fluke or have the horns > been 86ed from the shows? I was at that show, too (did you go to the early or late one? i went late; the people that went twice said that the late one was better [gloat]). I'm pretty darn sure that the brass section hasn't been totally cut out of the circuit, and that it's just the Severe Tire Damage Tour where They will be a four-piece band and that's it. I missed the horns at first, but then I realized that: (a) the Johns and especially Linnell will have to make up for the musical gaps themselves, and (b) their previous tour *more* than made up for that one, wherein during Spy, the whole friggin band played improv trumpet and my head exploded. (i'm better now.) so, no fluke, entirely intentional. --pnaomi (who insists that there is a silent "P" in her name) ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9712091526.AA06574@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Did they get lost too? Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 10:26:19 -0500 (EST) > > just out of plain curiousity, and i don't know if this has been talked about > > and answered, When They were in Philly > > last September, they were sans brass. Was this just a fluke or have the horns been 86ed from the shows? I was under the impression that it's too expensive to bring the horns to every gig, and I imagine the farther from NYC they get the less likely they are to bring the horns. Although I bet on certain legs of the tours they'll bring them almost anywhere due to the particular songs they play or an excess of cash they might have at that time. Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: PaulLB Message-ID: <38aada2a.348d6643@aol.com> Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 10:39:44 EST Subject: TMBG: WPI tickets Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) Hey all Boston/Massachusetts/New England TMBG fans, I just reserved my tickets for the WPI show for this Saturday. $15 for non- students. The number to reserve tickets is 508-831-5509. The guy taking reservations said that they are nowhere near selling out, so let's show a little support! I know this sounds ultra hokey, but there may be prospective record company people there to check out the boys doin' thar thing, so let's help them out by filling the place with genuine TMBG fans! Lincoln is opening, it's a Saturday night, and possibly your last chance to see TMBG for a long, long time. So let's GO! Also, wasn't someone on this list a WPI student? Any ideas/suggestions about a list/NG meeting place before or after the show? Amanda? Anyone? Yer Pal Paul ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 10:51:15 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Museum. Message-ID: <19971209.105455.4774.1.Mr.Train@juno.com> DAMMIT!!! If only I was a little quicker... this is exactly what I was going to do with my site... here is the text I was going to use (HTML deleted)... whoever is opening this site can use it if they want because I sure am not now! << I'm not gonna post the album covers or anything, because you can see that on any TMBG page... including their own... No, I wanna do something different! New! Exciting! But what!?!? I've got it! You can find my bootlegs here! Oh wait! Every TMBG page has a bootleg list!! Ok... This is it. Browsing the Internet as much as I do, you run into a LOT of TMBG pictures! Many I have and many are new to me. So here it is! The first (to my knowledge) TMBG photo studio! That's right! Every photo I have of TMBG posted right here... Well, actually it's on the next page! Let's move! Bootleg List TMBG Photo Studio>> Tim, youth culture killed his dog Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update:On The Drag On Sun, 07 Dec 1997 23:00:54 PST "Augie Wan" writes: >Let's Declare this "No BNL, MF, SNZ, Brain Dewan, Frank Black, or any >other band but TMBG Day!"-- > >Ok, I know, "You want the list to talk about_______ , then start a >#@*! >conversation about _______ , or butt out!!!" > >Here goes.............. > >conversation 1) Ryan Staib's Web Site - You all know it, the one >that's >become a staple in the TMBG Download Fan's bookmarks. Well there was a > >little accident on his home-run server and...... POOF! the files are >all >gone! SO..... In light of the fact that Ryan is a little distraught >over >this, I feel that everyone that came and got files from him owes him >the >favor. Once he reads this Post, he should respond by posting the FTP >server information, and all of us help get him back on track. He was >in >the process of finding live versions of every TMBG song out there and >then some. He's back to ground zero, so let's help him out and get the > >"Ultimate TMBG DownLoad Page" back up. Send him those files! Even if >you >never got anything from him, help out! > >conversation 2) I've been curious what songs They sang during the time > >they were doing "Stump the Band" during their concerts. I already >posted >that they sang "Tainted Love" from Soft Cell when I saw them in 92. >Let's start compiling who saw what, when. Leo could even add that as a > >part of TMBG.org, that is if it's not already there. I can see it now, > >the "Stump the Band, the Songs TMBG Sang On the Spot" page. > >conversation 3) What else can we contribute to TMBG.ORG???? This has >been mentioned/asked before, and very few suggestions have come up. >Let's brainstorm people, what do you want to see at the new and >improved >site? > >conversation 4) This survey that was mentioned - What has happened >with >this? Who's in charge? When's it going to happen? Are the questions >just >going to be posted to the list or what? If the person that is in >charge >of this wants me to make a webpage using an active form to fill out >the >survey, to keep it anonymous and easy to compile, just get ahold of >me. > >conversation 5) The TMBG Memorabilia Museum - This is a site that I've > >mentioned my desire to build, some of you have already responded to me > >personally, asking if I would like pictures of odd TMBG stuff that you > >have. YES, by all means, send them! Just e-mail the stuff, unless of >course you can put them on the internet, then just let me know where >to >grab them. I would love a pic of that TMBG laser disk that someone >mentioned a few days back! OH, and all donated pics will have credit >lines under them saying who gave them to the museum. So send, send, >send! > >conversation 6) I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, > >I'm sleepy. But if you think of other TMBG related things to talk >about, >open your big mouths! As for me, I'll be back to see where these >conversations are going in about six hours when I get to work in the >morning...... Yuck. > >Hey! for all those who give a darn, the Cartoon Planet list has been >contacted by Rhino to see what songs the fans would like to hear Brak >and company to sing on the next Cartoon Planet CD, and the most >requested band has clearly been TMBG with requests for Particle Man, >Exquisite Dead Guy, The Day, and many others. >------------------------------------ >TTFN - AugieWan@DancingInk.com >My home page, AugieWan's Hut, coming soon. Featuring sections devoted >to >TMBG, SNZ, Brak, StarWars, Calvin & Hobbes, Norman (my strip), and >other >cool stuff! >TMBG Fanclub Member #2061 > >______________________________________________________ >Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com > ------------------------------ From: "AugieWan" Subject: Re: TMBG: Museum. Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 11:11:45 -0500 Message-Id: <16113506200789@dancingink.com> Well, I'll tell you what Mr.Train. You can go ahead with it because I've had a few things come up and I don't see me getting around to it this century. Have fun! ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 10:11:41 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: So, you want to make an album Message-ID: On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, Joey Groah wrote: > I don't know why TMBG didn't enjoy greater commercial success after > Flood with Apollo 18, I started listening in, oh, late '93? Was it > publicity? The album itself? apollo 18 is probably my favorite TMBG album, except on even-numbered days, when it's lincoln. i think that the johns had gotten to the point where they could do whatever they felt they wanted to do with just the two of them and their paraphenelia... but, like lincoln, apollo 18 is not nearly so immediately accessible as flood, (which is not to criticize flood; just a statement of fact). having come around to tmbg after the flood myself, i'm not sure how it was promoted, or how it reached the level of commercial success that it did. since flood was their big commercial break, apollo 18 probably got hit with the sophomore jinx, even though it was their fourth album. > Joey, up too late for a sleepy guy with exams, not afraid of Scream 2, > rambling too much good luck with your exams! -jim kuemmerle, who's getting ready for a big important lab meeting on thursday... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199712091805.DAA23969@mita1.mita.cc.keio.ac.jp> Subject: TMBG: TMBG Stuff Wanted Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 03:05:03 +0900 From: NAOYUKI ISOGAI Hi there! Is there anyone who is willing to make a dub of ALL the following stuff for me? In return, I'd be happy to get some Japanese stuff for him or her. Please just email me privately... Kit Kat Acoustic Break, Show #1 [radio show, 1997] Dr. Spock's Back-Up Band [bootleg, 1993] Factory Showroom Studio Sessions I'm waiting for your good reply!!! ---- NaoyuKing, the faculty "I am a snake head of Economics, KEIO Univ. eating the head on the opposite side..." E-mail:b9400863@mita.cc.keio.ac.jp ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19971209165640.22584.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Gentle Ben" Subject: Re: TMBG: reply? Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 11:56:39 EST A Vlad says: >Hey, I haven't been getting the List for the last couple days... what's >up? If you must know... Sunday, Nicole the Wonder Nerd figured out the secret to cold fusion, and signed an exclusive distribution agreement with The Lil' Depressed Boy. However, LDB's attorney's realized that they had just turned all financial benefits over to a small pile of peat moss in Louisville KY, declared the document null and void, and fed it to Joey Groah's pet gerbil. Then, Ryan Staib burst in and announced that his Broadway production of "Bertie, The Littlest Spanish Inquisitor" was going ahead as planned, backed by the Disney Corporation. As lead choreographer, HappyFroot held open auditions, with Jim Kummerle, Dr. Worm, and Adam Tyner making the chorus line. However, TDK did NOT get the lead role as expected, losing out to a triumphant Penn Jillette. Just when things began to settle down, it was revealed that Christy's OMLT fund has been a total ruse... in fact funding secret paramilitary operations deep in the wilds of Orlando. An impartial committee led by Leo Bicknell, Matthew James, and Kirsten Brodbeck concluded that their time could better be spent watching old reruns of Good Times. At that moment, shots rang out! When the lights came up, and everyone's glasses were topped off, it was noticed that John Rapp was dead. The doors were locked. Questions were asked. Pockets were emptied. Zippers were eaten. A child cried. An angel played the slots. Queen Sneepy impressed everyone with her collection of "Inspected by..." tags. Joda put on her feetsie pajamas and made Malt-O-Meal for everybody. There was much rejoicing. Finally, a rift appeared in time and space. AugieWan frantically began to compute a formula to repair the continuum rip, assisted by a genetically enhanced Sara Grady... but to no avail. The DNA of every object and being in the universe began to unravel. Eventually, everything ceased to exist. Then, the Star Child appeared. His eyes opened slowly, blinking in darkness. Tiny fingers clutch at nothing, then tie the strings of a brand new pair of Air Leffel sneakers. He wonders, Will Little Caesar's deliver out here? Other than that, not much has been going on. ******************** "Gentle" Ben - TMBG content -> The Johns are cool! ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: "AugieWan" Subject: Fw: TMBG: reply? Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 14:00:26 -0500 Message-Id: <18584623400931@dancingink.com> > Finally, a rift appeared in time and space. AugieWan frantically began > to compute a formula to repair the continuum rip, assisted by a > genetically enhanced Sara Grady... but to no avail. The DNA of every > object and being in the universe began to unravel. Eventually, > everything ceased to exist. Hey! I would have figured it out in time, but Sara spilled her Mountain Dew all over my keyboard! I lost O,P,L,:,", and Enter(very important!) I'm SORRY! ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9712091859.AA06785@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Good Times Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 13:59:44 -0500 (EST) > Just when things began to settle down, it was revealed that Christy's > OMLT fund has been a total ruse... in fact funding secret paramilitary > operations deep in the wilds of Orlando. An impartial committee led by > Leo Bicknell, Matthew James, and Kirsten Brodbeck concluded that their > time could better be spent watching old reruns of Good Times. I gotta catch up on all that "Good Times" I never watched as a child! please pass the Malt-o-Meal. Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 14:09:40 -0500 (EST) From: Ryan Staib Subject: Re: Fw: TMBG: reply? Message-ID: On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, AugieWan wrote: * Hey! I would have figured it out in time, but Sara spilled her Mountain Dew * all over my keyboard! I lost O,P,L,:,", and Enter(very important!) I'm * SORRY! If you were really smart, you could have used the ASCII code for Enter from your number keypad (or just used the enter key on that), assuming you have a number keypad. :) RS ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 12:23:02 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: bertie, the littlest spanish inquisitor Message-ID: On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, Gentle Ben wrote: > Then, Ryan Staib burst in and announced that his Broadway production of > "Bertie, The Littlest Spanish Inquisitor" was going ahead as planned, > backed by the Disney Corporation. As lead choreographer, HappyFroot > held open auditions, with Jim Kummerle, Dr. Worm, and Adam Tyner making > the chorus line. of course, nobody particularly liked my suggestion of using bulgarian dance steps in the big number "why, oh why, must i use the thumbscrews?"... --jim kuemmerle, ever the lesnoto-ing fool. j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668 ------------------------------ From: "AugieWan" Subject: Fw: Fw: TMBG: reply? Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 14:26:34 -0500 Message-Id: <19245017100958@dancingink.com> > If you were really smart, you could have used the ASCII code for > Enter from your number keypad (or just used the enter key on that), assuming > you have a number keypad. :) Actually, I've never been able to give up my old TI99er4A keyboard. I gutted it and converted it to be usable with my PC. * --------------------------------------------------------- AugieWan@DancingInk.com IF THEN GOTO CALL CLEAR END LIST REM....ah, the memories! OH, yeah, the John's are cool! (TMBG content) ------------------------------ From: NitpickR Message-ID: <96454462.348d9e05@aol.com> Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 14:37:39 EST Subject: TMBG: Covers not on the Stumpboxes Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) Hello 41- Well, I have heard them do a song by Love and Rockets that I can't remember the name of... 8^) And my girlfriend saw them do Blaze of Glory, by Bon Jovi, which I think is rather nifty. Adam ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199712092058.OAA09299@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "mal" Subject: Re: TMBG: reply? Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 14:35:38 -0600 > Then, the Star Child appeared. His eyes opened slowly, blinking in > darkness. Tiny fingers clutch at nothing, then tie the strings of a > brand new pair of Air Leffel sneakers. He wonders, Will Little Caesar's > deliver out here? > Do any of you know just how fun it is to manipulate the evolution of life on thirteen galaxies, so that in one blinding moment, all beings utter loudly in one unified voice: "PIZZA! PIZZA!"? I tell you, it's just about as exiting as going into a STAPLES store, and crying out "WHERE THE HELL DO YOU KEEP THE *STAPLES*?!?!?" Mike "MY GOD! IT'S FULL OF SHOES!" Leffel --Open the pod bay doors, damn it! ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 15:57:27 -0600 (CST) Message-Id: <199712092157.PAA05993@dfw-ix14.ix.netcom.com> From: expo67@ix.netcom.com (Amanda Nichols) Subject: Re: TMBG: WPI tickets Hey all! > The guy taking >reservations said that they are nowhere near selling out, so let's show a >little support! I know this sounds ultra hokey, but there may be prospective >record company people there to check out the boys doin' thar thing, so let's >help them out by filling the place with genuine TMBG fans! Really? Record folk? Get your butts in gear, kids! I know of a few listees already showing up for the concert, so try to convince your friends to go. I think the reason why it's not selling out is: 1. little to no publicity. 2. you can only reserve 2 tix per non student. >Also, wasn't someone on this list a WPI student? Any ideas/suggestions about >a list/NG meeting place before or after the show? Amanda? Anyone? Well, I'm an Emerson student, which is nowhere near WPI. I can't honestly recommend a place to hang in Worchester, either; I've never been to Worchester (it's about a 1/2 hour away). I'm sure there's a cafe around the campus somewhere, though. see you all on Saturday night! Amanda ------------------------------ Message-ID: <348DC139.833C21D5@ibm.net> Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 17:07:53 -0500 From: ew0k Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Merchandise winningh wrote: > All you people who haven't got your catalog yet I feel your pain, but > I > deserve more pity. I ordered some stuff from the last one in, jeez, > mid-September and nothing! They cashed my check but everyday Mr. > Postman > throws my heart in the dirt again, John & John don't love me, > nooooobody > loves me {:( > Sarah "needs exciting shotglasses to survive" Winningham Don't worry, girlfriend, you are not alone. I ordered a heaping load of stuff in October or November of last year and never got it. I'm not sure if they took the money from VISA or not, but I'm WAY disappointed... especially since I was planning on re-ordering the stuff when I recieved my new catalog... which has not yet blessed my mailbox. Should I write a "why do you hate me??" letter to the Johns? Or should I still sit back everyday in my lawnchair by the mailbox and wait for my mail(wo)man to give me the good news? -Robyn- ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 16:12:32 -0600 (CST) From: Kim Justice Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Merchandise Message-ID: On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, ew0k wrote: > [...] > Should I write a "why do you hate me??" letter to the Johns? Or should I > still sit back everyday in my lawnchair by the mailbox and wait for my > mail(wo)man to give me the good news? Better yet, have someone take your photograph while you are sitting in your lawnchair by the mailbox -- then mail the photo to Dept. PPfNP. This will be even more pitiful and evocative if you are dressed in a t-shirt and shorts and there is snow on the ground in the picture. kj justicek@edge.net (Kim Justice) http://edge.edge.net/~justicek Do not bring your evil here. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <348DC4D0.3546917E@ibm.net> Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 17:23:15 -0500 From: ew0k Subject: TMBG: ASCII Pics? Didn't someone post here a while back that they were collecting ASCII pics and wanted some? Well, I got a fwd the other day with the "12 days of x-mas" in ASCII pictures. It's pretty cute. Email me privately if you want it. -Robyn- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <348DC68C.704F58A4@ibm.net> Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 17:30:37 -0500 From: ew0k Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Merchandise Kim Justice wrote: > Better yet, have someone take your photograph while you are sitting in > > your lawnchair by the mailbox -- then mail the photo to Dept. PPfNP. > This > will be even more pitiful and evocative if you are dressed in a > t-shirt > and shorts and there is snow on the ground in the picture. That's probably a good idea... too bad it's probably not gonna snow for a while here in GA, tho. It's supposed to sleet on Sunday, I think. Will that do? I was thinking maybe it was just this damn Georgia mail because my aunt sent my grandfather something important the other week 3-day mail and he didn't get it for almost 3 weeks. So, he and I would race each other everyday to the mailbox-- me for my catalog and him for his package. Pretty pathetic existance if you ask me. I hate snail mail. -Robyn- ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <2fcbbf31.348dd5f8@aol.com> Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 18:36:22 EST Subject: TMBG: They on Rosie Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) > I infrequently watch The Rosie O'Donnell (sp?) Show, and it occurred > to me that a kid/"value" friendly band like TMBG would go well with > the show's image and bring quality music to the masses, boosting > TMBG's record sales and, banking on TMBG's ability, keep a number of > new fans. I second ya, hon'.:) So it Might Be Cheesy, kids really dig them. The Tiny Toons cameo was probably the best thing for Their career. At the 11/21 instore here, as Matt (mdm) commented to me about the average age in the room... I think it was.. 8? That's why if any of you get a copy of my video of it , you'll hear Linnell say "So I guess this is an all ages show...?" ;) There was a dad a little ways away from me with his little kid and they were singing Cowtown.:) As a rule, I generally detest little kids, but it warmed my heart (aaaack did I just say that?!) to see this massive amount of toddlers jumping up and down in front of Flans and singing. They really know They. :) Prolly from Tiny Toons. sarah I am damn unsatisfied to be killed in this way. http://lava.home.ml.org now playing - Kraftwerk's "Computer World" ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19971210000656.0067d160@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 18:06:56 -0600 From: "The Lil' Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: reply? >Sunday, Nicole the Wonder Nerd figured out the secret to cold fusion, >and signed an exclusive distribution agreement with The Lil' Depressed >Boy. However, LDB's attorney's realized that they had just turned all >financial benefits over to a small pile of peat moss in Louisville KY, >declared the document null and void, and fed it to Joey Groah's pet >gerbil. I hate Peat Moss! Who wants to come with me to go kill it? C'mon it will be fun, and anyone who helps out gets a free font. Oh well, I had fun putting TMBG on The Morning Anouncements today. LDB "And our daily dairy supplement is milk!" --LDB, Today on the Morning Announcements LDB's They Might Be Giant Page: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/tmbg/index.htm The Mr. Gone Font Page: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/mrgone/index.html ------------------------------ From: ForScience Message-ID: <8256594f.348ddbbf@aol.com> Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 19:01:00 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG Merchandise: Sarah, i feel your pain! Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) sarah! I too feel your pain! (and i agree we both deserve more pity) i ordered loads of stuff from the last catalog (mid sept, same as you) and was charged and still, i wait and wait...........i have called and left messages and they have not responded! of course i forgive the johns.....but I WANT MY STUFF!!!!! Has anyone else had a problem ordering and receiving their TMBG merchandise? amber ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 19:22:47 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Maine shows Message-ID: <19971209.192255.8854.0.johnhenry5@juno.com> From: johnhenry5@juno.com (Andrew Nichols) I know there is absoluteley no way my dreams may be fullfilled, but I have to ask anyway. Anyone know if they would actually come to Maine. The last time they came here was about 2 years ago and the show was 21 plus. Laugh if you must, but someone please answer. Andy Nich0ls "I find myself haunted by a spooky man named me" TMBG ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19971209201347.006a44d0@130.127.28.14> Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 20:13:47 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG Merchandise: Sarah, i feel your pain! It's been close to a year since I ordered the Video Compilation... :( TTYL, -Adam At 07:01 PM 12/9/97 EST, you wrote: >sarah! >I too feel your pain! (and i agree we both deserve more pity) i ordered loads >of stuff from the last catalog (mid sept, same as you) and was charged and >still, i wait and wait...........i have called and left messages and they have >not responded! >of course i forgive the johns.....but I WANT MY STUFF!!!!! > >Has anyone else had a problem ordering and receiving their TMBG merchandise? > >amber > > /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199712100119.UAA07443@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 19:19:20 -0600 From: zoot suit riot Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG Merchandise: Sarah, i feel your pain! >Has anyone else had a problem ordering and receiving their TMBG merchandise? i've ordered from them many times, and they are VERY VERY slow about sending stuff, and always have been. i have always gotten my stuff, but not quickly at all... rabidchild(.paul) ------------------------------ From: ForScience Message-ID: <4e810536.348e0012@aol.com> Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 21:36:00 EST Subject: Fwd: TMBG: They on Rosie Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) didnt send this to all the first time......... [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (message/rfc822)] I was watching nickelodeon when I got home from school today and I saw this short program called "Inside Eddie Johnson" (It's about the inside of the body). This episode was about sugar rushes. When Eddie got a sugar rush, the song in the backround was...... "Guitar was the case" by Monopuff. As the sugar rush slowed down, the song was "so long, mocking bird". If anyone gets this, I'll be happy. Announcement: I know have THREE favorite bands: TMBG, Ben Folds Five, and Radiohead From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Dec 10 00:19:38 1997 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id AAA18103 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 10 Dec 1997 00:19:38 -0500 (EST) Received: from belize.ucs.indiana.edu (belize.ucs.indiana.edu [129.79.10.64]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with ESMTP id AAA18094 for ; Wed, 10 Dec 1997 00:19:35 -0500 (EST) Received: from falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu (falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu [129.79.5.201]) by belize.ucs.indiana.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5/1.13IUPO) with ESMTP id AAA00100 for ; Wed, 10 Dec 1997 00:19:34 -0500 (EST) Received: from localhost (smelliot@localhost) by falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu (8.8.5/8.7.3/1.8shakes) with SMTP id AAA26184 for ; Wed, 10 Dec 1997 00:19:33 -0500 (EST) Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 00:19:33 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy To: E Aho Laula Subject: Re: TMBG: Ivy In-Reply-To: Message-ID: MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII Sender: owner-tmbg-list@ufp.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Queen Sneepy On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, Bill Tatalovich wrote: > > "Gentle" Ben - is in love with the girl from Ivy. > > Woah, it's good to hear this. I thought I was the only person on my > proverbial block to be in love with her, let alone know who the hell she > is. The fact that they make terrific music is a great help too...go out > right now and buy Apartment Life, their CD (the only one I know of). If > nothing else, I know the Border's Book Store near my house in Ohio has Ivy > on their listening station...so listen to it until you can't stand not > having the CD in your stereo. Or something. See ya. > I heard "Get Enough" around when their first album came out. I loved that song so much, but I never could find an album by them. Then, a long time later, I was out at Incredible Universe (ok, it was last year.) and I bought my stereo and to my joy, I found that cd (and Fuzzy, another good band!) Then Incredible Universe went out of business, but I like to think those events are unrelated. Anyway, the point is I love Ivy too, but am impartial to the girl, myself, though i think her lovely accent adds wonderfully to the songs. "Apartment Life" is their newest one, but their first full-length album is "Realistic", and they also have an ep which is "Lately" which is also fantastic (especially the first song- and I like the first two songs a whole bunch on "Realistic") I've listened to a bit of "Apartment Life," and I like the first song but wasn't too impressed with everything else. But I dont' have it yet and so cannot judge. Stefanie Elliott smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu *http://php.indiana.edu/~smelliot/home.html Craig Kilborn is cool! http://php.indiana.edu/~smelliot/craig.html Conan O'Brien, Sound God! http://php.indiana.edu/~smelliot/conan.html "I can be a monster if I want to be, but he's got me beaten by a landslide. He's just crazy." -Ivy, "Get Enough" From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Dec 10 00:23:45 1997 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id AAA18521 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 10 Dec 1997 00:23:45 -0500 (EST) Received: from belize.ucs.indiana.edu (belize.ucs.indiana.edu [129.79.10.64]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with ESMTP id AAA18512 for ; Wed, 10 Dec 1997 00:23:42 -0500 (EST) Received: from falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu (falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu [129.79.5.201]) by belize.ucs.indiana.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5/1.13IUPO) with ESMTP id AAA02331 for ; Wed, 10 Dec 1997 00:23:41 -0500 (EST) Received: from localhost (smelliot@localhost) by falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu (8.8.5/8.7.3/1.8shakes) with SMTP id AAA27546 for ; Wed, 10 Dec 1997 00:23:41 -0500 (EST) Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 00:23:40 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy To: E Aho Laula Subject: TMBG: More label info, and a Dead Milkmen announcement Message-ID: MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII Sender: owner-tmbg-list@ufp.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Queen Sneepy I heard from a reliable source that Restless/Bar-None do their distributing through BMI now, and thus can handle Their volume. This, I'm guessing, is what allowed them to do "Then." So, I'm still advocating a return. But that is really pointless, really, I now realize. Oh, leave me alone, I just like to prove I know stuff. (Get me!) Off-topic: Oh, and for all of you Dead Milkmen fans out there, I have it again from the same reliable source that the Milkmen are doing a chat with People Online. I don't know when it is though, so it may have passed. I don't know who is all involved, but I do know that there's going to be at least two of 'em. Stefanie Elliott smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu *http://php.indiana.edu/~smelliot/home.html Craig Kilborn is cool! http://php.indiana.edu/~smelliot/craig.html Conan O'Brien, Sound God! http://php.indiana.edu/~smelliot/conan.html "Every couple nights or so, you know, you pop into my dreams. I just can't get rid of you like you got rid of me." -Ben Folds Five, "Fair" ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-343 ******************************