Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-352 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 352 Friday, 19 December 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: isbatt TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-351 TMBG: Do you find Them intriguing? Re: TMBG: Do you find Them intriguing? TMBG: BF5 NON-TMBG: flags (I just couldn't resist...) TMBG: How to get a free BF5 tape from Tower ;) Non-TMBG: Who is Bruce Campbell? Re: Non-TMBG: Who is Bruce Campbell? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 05:21:42 -0700 Subject: TMBG: isbatt Message-ID: <19971218.052147.11438.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) >3) He thinks that an intelligent way to spread his Philosophy of the >World" is to "have a call-in show" (usually a pretty tacky medium), where >other loudmouths can call in with their dumb comments anyone remember when this line used to be "i should be a call-in show" as far as the whole PUSA breaking up... "we're not gonna make it, no no" take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***the purple crackberry, not the red one!*** ------------------------------ From: ArwenAnaNg Message-ID: Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 08:53:20 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-351 Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) In a message dated 97-12-18 02:24:23 EST, you write: << If you think TMBG(or just one of the Johns) should be in People magazine as one of 1997 most intriguing people of the year(and if you want to vote for Hanson for least intriguing) then I think you'll want to go to: www.pathfinder.com/people/sp/intrigue97/vote/poll.html >> C'mon everyone! VOTE! They post tons of names, even ones that only just got 20 or so votes. We can do better than THAT, can't we?!? VOTE FOR "THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS" at the above address TODAY! ** ** paid for by no one for the continuing promotion of TMBG. Arwen "Leffel, have you voted yet?" AnaNg ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9712181441.AA12304@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Do you find Them intriguing? Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 09:41:14 -0500 (EST) > If you think TMBG(or just one of the Johns) should be in People > magazine as one of 1997 most intriguing people of the year(and if you > want to vote for Hanson for least intriguing) then I think you'll want to > go to: > > > www.pathfinder.com/people/sp/intrigue97/vote/poll.html > > Come on and show your support for TMBG. After voting, > they show you a list of the 97 most voted for so far and I'm pretty > amazed that even the Bee Gee's are on there. (Just in case there are any > Bee Gee's fans out there I apologize). As much as I'd like one of the Johns on there, I'd like to encourage one and all to vote for Bruce Campbell as the most intriguing! Please go ahead and vote for him (well if you don't like him I can understand), but he is #8 and has a shot for the top 5. I'm guessing the voting will end around New Years, but it doesn't really say exactly when. I am all for Hanson being on that Least Intriguing list, though. Somehow they are #1 Most Intriguing and #2 Least Intriguing (following closely behind the Spice Girls). Thanks! Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <349956CA.59C7@erols.com> Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 12:00:58 -0500 From: Zydell Organization: Alienations For The Rich Subject: Re: TMBG: Do you find Them intriguing? As much as I'd like one of the Johns on there, I'd like to encourage one > and all to vote for Bruce Campbell as the most intriguing! Please go > ahead and vote for him (well if you don't like him I can understand), > but he is #8 and has a shot for the top 5. Who is Bruce Campbell? Nancy ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 19:12:57 -0500 Subject: TMBG: BF5 Message-ID: <19971218.191257.12470.0.jbparke@juno.com> From: jbparke@juno.com (Jeff B Parker) Thought I'd pass along this little tidbit to all you Ben Folds Five fans out there like myself... they're gonna be playing on MTV Live tomorrow, i think that the show starts at 6 p.m. EST, but I'm not positive...anyway, check this out, especially if you've never heard anything by them before, you won't be disappointed!!! well, i'm not guaranteeing anything but you PROBABLY won't be disappointed!!! Jeffro "gimme back my black t-shirt" Parker ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 18:40:19 -0600 (CST) From: Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: NON-TMBG: flags (I just couldn't resist...) Message-ID: >>> That amendment didn't pass, as far as I know. If it actually passed >>> when did it happen?!?! >> >> >> it didn't pass at all i am happy to say that freedom is still ours. >> (-: > > Thank God. Now I can burn that flag this weekend. HOORAY! I actually did burn a U.S. flag in kindergarten. Accidentally. :-D See, I had one of those really little flags, one of those little 3 by 5 inch deals, and I was messing around with the classroom overhead projector. I stuck the flag under the wrong part and it ended up right next to the hot bulb, I guess. All I know is that it somehow managed to catch fire. All of my friends who know about me and my liberal politics think it's really funny that I was a six year-old hellraiser. :-D --Tara -- Tara Weber 00085244@bigred.unl.edu, Ondine@tmbg.org http://members.tripod.com/~TaraW "We want everybody to have a good time, but we're not on a rock hero trip." --John Flansburgh "It's more of a rock gyro trip." --John Linnell ****MSTie #74191, TMBGer #38978**** ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3499C79A.59021205@ibm.net> Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 20:02:19 -0500 From: ew0k Subject: TMBG: How to get a free BF5 tape from Tower ;) Jeff B Parker wrote: > Thought I'd pass along this little tidbit to all you Ben Folds Five fans > out there like myself... they're gonna be playing on MTV Live tomorrow, Speaking of BF5, I thought I'd brag a bit and also inform all of you BFFans that at Tower Records (at least the one in Atlanta) has special "Some B-Sides" tapes attached to "Whatever And Ever Amen" CD. Yeah, yeah, I know you all are saying, "but Robyn, I ALREADY HAVE IT! I don't want to REBUY it!!" Well, I thought the same thing, bought it anyways, and realized that it was only attached with tape, which is easily removable, and returned the CD (unopened) a few days later. Call me crafty, call me sly, call me a delinquent, but call me happy that I picked up this awesome tape with "Song for the Dumped" in JAPANESE and Oasis's "Champagne Supernova" performed live. Sorry, I couldn't pass up the tape, but I didn't want to chuck out the $14 to rebuy the CD. Just for those who are against what I did, let me say it was a last resort. I asked at the front desk if I could get a copy w/out rebuying the CD, but the guy told me (in a rude manner, might I add) that I couldn't because it was a "special deal." I even offered to BUY it from them, but he said "no." So I went to extreme measures, I confess. Well, following suit with the "how to get good deals from BMG" letters, I thought I would tell all of you w/out consciences, that you may do the same. Believe me, they can't tell you did it... and I think it's a pretty cool tape. -anonymous- (jk, -Robyn-) ------------------------------ From: Shaft137 Message-ID: <44fc66fb.3499f7ec@aol.com> Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 23:28:26 EST Subject: Non-TMBG: Who is Bruce Campbell? Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) hi. this is adam schaaf. on 12/18/97, jzydell@erols.com wrote: >Who is Bruce Campbell? Bruce Campbell is the greatest American actor of our time. He is the star of Sam Raimi's Evil Dead I & II, Army of Darkness (aka Evil Dead III), the short- lived FOX TV series, The Adventures of Brisco County Jr., as well as a few guest-shots on TV's Hercules and Xena and Ellen. To learn more about Bruce, visit The Bruce Campbell Gazette at: www.bcgazette.com I advise anyone who is looking for a good time rent the Evil Dead movies, or try and catch Brisco County, which is in syndication on TNT (check a TV Guide for time). Bruce is a wonderful actor who does not even come close to getting the credit he deserves. adam, doing his duty to enlighten those he can. ------------------------------ From: "Augie-Wan" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Who is Bruce Campbell? Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 00:05:09 -0500 Message-Id: <05102859300429@dancingink.com> >He is the star of >Sam Raimi's Evil Dead I & II, Army of Darkness (aka Evil Dead III), the short- >lived FOX TV series, The Adventures of Brisco County Jr., as well as a few >guest-shots on TV's Hercules and Xena and Ellen. ...and these are good examples of "Great Acting"???? Boy he must SHINE compared to everyone else in these productions! ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-352 ******************************