Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-357 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 357 Wednesday, 24 December 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Lincoln concert photos TMBG: Mythological Birds...? Re: TMBG: O tannenbaum EP TMBG: What the hell is going on here? TMBG: TMBShipping Re: TMBG: TMBShipping Re: TMBG: TMBShipping TMBG: A Kid??? TMBG: S-E-X-X-Y Re: TMBG: Mythological Birds...? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 02:21:07 -0500 (EST) From: The Demonic Kangaroo Subject: TMBG: Lincoln concert photos Message-ID: Howdy folks. I have finally added some concert photos to my Lincoln page.. 65 in all, from five different shows. I hope you enjoy them! Happy holidays! -Mike http://www.cybercomm.net/~tdk/lincoln.html http://www.cybercomm.net/~tdk/tmbg.html ------------------------------ Message-ID: <349FA319.47AB2628@pacificnet.net> Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 03:40:14 -0800 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Mythological Birds...? The Ben said: "I was once at a wedding reception looking through a kareoke listening to my drunk relitives screach to all kind of music (yes someone even sang macarena i know horrible ain't it?) anf lo and behold on page 19-d i found Birdhouse in your soul as a kareoke song . it was instrumental. but TMBkareoke? ewww i shudder to think." Really? I find that surprising. Since you remembered the page number, did you remember the name of of the company that supplied the music? If it does exist, I think it at least deserves a mention on the TMBG FAQ page. I'd also like to hear it on some miscellaneous TMBG odds and ends boot. (Wouldn't you?) Right now, I'm slightly skeptical about this. Same goes for the Blue Canary night light someone here said they have. [ Insert proof here ] -B O N G O _________________________________________________________________ "Wishing well I wish I could sell you where to get water for your splish splash..." -Geggy Tah ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 01:00:01 +0000 From: Chris Combs Subject: Re: TMBG: O tannenbaum EP Message-id: <3.0.3.16.19971222010001.2d974a82@entropy.muc.muohio.edu> >From: mr.train@juno.com > >Hey! I saw the same thin on mine. I looked because of the "Call home >Johnny" messages on the Self Titled vinyl release... mine looks more like >FNRLE. Also I see ST-E-64578-B-7 directly opposite it... and O >Tannenbaum side I see ST-E-64578-A-7 I have no idea what these mean.. >but yes, I do have them on mine ST-E-64578-A-7 Um... not sure about the ST part, could be "single They (Might Be Giants), then you have an E for Elektra, then the single number, side A, and it is a 7 inch single. ST-E-64578-B-7 Ditto here, except "Christmas Cards" is the B-side. All those silly numbers and letters on your LPs actually mean something, unless you're like me and you buy Residents stuff... in that case the numbers and letters are COMPLETELY RANDOM and in NO WAY reveal the names of the band members. Chris "Cryptic Corporation" Combs ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199712231658.LAA24775@ee.net> Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 11:54:58 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: What the hell is going on here? It's been a while... any news on the new album? Superfueled Freaksicle (heheheh)? Band breaking up? John L. killed in plane crash with Richie Valens and the Big Bopper? What have I missed? Also... Recently I've been pondering the fact that I ordered State Songs and House Of Mayors in early november (from the christmas catalog: "Xmas orders should be placerd by Nov 28 to arrive before Dec 25")... and have yet to receive them... -ec ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 13:25:44 -0500 Subject: TMBG: TMBShipping Message-ID: <19971223.132544.3478.0.jbparke@juno.com> From: jbparke@juno.com (Jeff Parker) I actually had a positive experience when I ordered from the new TMBG catalog. I called in my order a couple of weeks ago and got it today!!! Everything I ordered was there and it got here before Christmas, just like the catalog said. So I assume if it worked for me, it can work for you, just in case some of you were a little hesitant after hearing of the mess-ups in the past. Hopefully that's over with... Anyway, hope everyone has a great holiday, whatever you might be celebrating! Peace... -Jeffro, who is using his new They mouse pad in delight, who will also use his They shot glasses in delight VERY soon... 8-D> "Parum pa pum pum," said the Little Drummer Boy. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19971223190017.0068d950@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 13:00:17 -0600 From: "The Lil' Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBShipping All you peoples who ordered (Whether Getting it or Not), I got one question, how did you place your order? Did you phone it in, or mail it in? "THE MAN" LDB LDB's They Might Be Giant Page: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/tmbg/index.htm The Mr. Gone Font Page: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/mrgone/index.html ------------------------------ From: Monotreme3 Message-ID: <1fbd7cc.34a01c11@aol.com> Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 15:16:15 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBShipping Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) I too had a wonderful experience with TMBProducts. I ordered my stuff a bit before the deadline for before Christmas arival (I sent it priority mail to make sure) and it arived yesterday, that being the 22nd. Everything was fully intact and very pleasing. I'm not using a They skull mouse bad but my hat is "back, and to the left." Really, it is. Another good thing I got out of my TMBProducts order was a reminder that the show in Athens, GA was cancelled and Flans says (in that little "Greetings from Brooklyn" thing, in which my shot glasses were wrapped) that they have to make it up to the fans there. Well... I go to UGA, and being a freshman I guess I get to be made up to without ever having been disappointed. And I can go to the Atlanta shows. Oh joy. -Carey "I like this stuff-in-the-middle-of-my-name thing" Oh. That's not quite in the middle is it? ------------------------------ Message-ID: <349F70B4.28827A22@mix-net.net> Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 04:05:13 -0400 From: Chuck Campbell Subject: TMBG: A Kid??? I heard that John Flansburgh is having a kid, has anyone heard anything about this. I wonder if it's true? Well Thanx for telling me any info you may have! CYA -Chris "Feeny" Campbell, the "Feenster" ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot Message-ID: <7f78615.34a02749@aol.com> Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 16:04:05 EST Subject: TMBG: S-E-X-X-Y Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) ok, S-E-X-X-Y (depending on which chat you look at) is actually there biggest single. I think it was a couple months ago, possible a year ago, I was flipping through the stations & came TMBG's SEXXY blasting through the speakers...ironically...it was B106.3...the first time a New Hampshire station has EVER played TMBG (to my knowledge, anyway). Also, after the song, Casy Casum (I spelt that wrong) started talking about TMBG, saying stuff like "after 10 years this is TMBG's first single to make it on the charts." It was about 2 from the worst of the best, but I was proud... So I guess now TMBG has to combine SEXXY sounds & Birdhouse sounds, which made it to #1 in the Uk, right? than they could create a crazy whack ass song to topple all other bands!!!!! ok, pardon this diversion.... jason "spreading TMBG's legacy to freshmen" glastetter ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 22:22:02 -0500 (EST) From: Nunez Subject: Re: TMBG: Mythological Birds...? Message-ID: HOW DO I GET A CATALOGUE??? ANYONE KNOW???? Steve Mnunez@suffolk.lib.ny.us ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-357 ******************************