Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-359 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 359 Friday, 26 December 1997 Today's Topics: Semi-TMBG: Oil, Xenia, Cartoon Planet Re: TMBG: NYSingle? TMBG: well TMBG: hello december '95 CD Re: TMBG: Flansburgh LIVE at The Bottom Line 12/20 Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: NitpickR Message-ID: <5a2843c3.34a22fb8@aol.com> Date: Thu, 25 Dec 1997 05:04:37 EST Subject: Semi-TMBG: Oil, Xenia, Cartoon Planet Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) Hello 41- As I sit at my step-dad's computer still alert from the barrage of presents a Jewish kid gets on Christmas, my thoughts about writing an anecdote to the group that reads my posts rambles through my skull. So here we go. 8^) Xenia- In waiting for the Space Ghost Christmas Special (Lenoard Nimoy Sings) I caught the tail end of Flinstone's Christmas Special. They had good voices for everybody but Betty, Bam Bam and Pebbles. I think Mr. Slate was perfect, but I digress... I was reading the final credits, and the last person working on the Animation Team was named simply: Xenia. I thought that was pretty cool myself... Oil- The day before today, the family piled into the van to go to EPCOT center, because it is close and the best Disney thing to do. So we get about 20 miles on the Bee Line (for those not familiar with the roadways in Central Florida a long tollway with minimal exits) and the van dies. AAA said they'd be a long time. Go figure. So we eventually figure out we need oil for the car. Fine. So my brother and step-brother make a sign that says "OIL" and walk a bit up the Bee Line to flag people down. We figured we needed 4 liters. So pretty quickly, one guy stops and gives us 2. In a few minutes another guy stops and gives us 1. After this quick luck, nobody stopped for a little bit, but as they were about to give up hope, some guy stopped. The following is a transcript: "Can I help you blokes with something?" "Yeah, do you have any oil?" "...No..." "Then whydja stop?" "Oh... my name's Oil, I thought you were trying to get my attention." The guy went back into his car, and drove away. We all laughed really hard until the tow truck came. Whether it was us laughing at the guy or our luck for having it pour down rain is debatable. 8^) Cartoon Planet: Watching Space Ghost Christmas there was an ad for a Cartoon Planet New Years show. I was kind of spacing out/going crazy due to Brak about it though. I thought it said it was going to be on after Space Ghost, either this friday or New Year's Eve at 12:15 and last SIX hours, with Brak hosting. Can anybody confirm or deny or tell me a good place to look about this? CNW isn't very good... Adam ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19971226002802.006a3d5c@postoffice.sandybay.utas.edu.au> Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 00:28:02 +1100 From: Brownie Subject: Re: TMBG: NYSingle? At 09:42 AM 12/23/97 -0500, you wrote: >Hmmm, NYC has a PIN number? This leads me to beleive that is was released >as a single... I am going to assume that it is a radio only single since >I didn't see any EP dedicated to this song... Was this released as a >single? Also, I believed that Triple J was a radio show played only in >Australia, but the www.abc.net domain name leads me to believe that it is >played all over? Where can I find out what affiliates play the show? You are right, sort of. JJJ is a radio *station* broadcasting around Australia. It plays a lot of stuff that isn't released as singles- basically album material that they thought was worth airing. I don't know about affiliates (I find it hard to believe that a radio staion would dedicate itself to playing 24 hours a day of another station, though maybe if there is a Radio Australia or something...) but the domain is www.abc.net.au (notice the .au) anyway. I think, if you're interested, that the station is just about to go on real audio, so you could listen to an extremely ugly sounding version for whatever exhorbitant hourly rate you are paying for net access. Or not. Brownie --------------------------- tear here ------------------------------- __ .' '. : : | _ _ | .-.|(o)(o)|.-. _._ _._ ( ( | .--. | ) ) .',_ '. .' _,'. '-/ ( ) \-' / /' `\ \ __ / /' `\ \ / '--' \ /.' \.' './ '.\ \ `"===="` / ` : _ _ : ` `\ /' |(o)(o)| `\ /' | | /`-.-`\_ / \ _..:;\._/V\_./:;.._ / .--. \ .'/;:;:;\ /^\ /:;:;:\'. | ( ) | / /;:;:;:;\| |/:;:;:;:\ \ _\ '--' /__ jgs / /;:;:;:;:;\_/:;:;:;:;:\ \ .' '-.__.-' `-. ICQ: 1310725 http:www.geocities.com/Hollywood/6739/ ------------------------------ From: CWLKNSN@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu Date: Thu, 25 Dec 1997 11:14:12 -0500 (EST) Subject: TMBG: well Message-id: <01IRL7NCSD4MQKFL22@wvnvms.wvnet.edu> Organization: West Virginia Network gunnar and nelson are those two wackos from nelson sam ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 25 Dec 1997 18:47:41 -0700 Subject: TMBG: hello december '95 CD Message-ID: <19971225.184746.14718.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) hEy HEy! today being christmas and all i threw my december 1995 *Santa Special* hello CD on... anyways, 10 points to anyone that can e-mail me the lyrics to Amy allison and the maudlins song "toyland" take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***Now, with...: punctuation - (for easy); reading!*** ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 00:14:22 -0500 (EST) From: Nancy McGrath Subject: Re: TMBG: Flansburgh LIVE at The Bottom Line 12/20 Message-Id: In tmbg-list Digest #3-358, Rob Plass wrote: > I had the pleasure of hearing John Flansburgh sing > live at The Bottom Line this past Saturday. Yay! > I'm so glad you and Shana made it to the shows, Rob! The two shows were both fantastic, and Flansburgh added so much to them. I was there at sound check, and it was so neat to get a chance to chat with him and watch him and the GrooveBarbers (plus Wes Carroll of Five O'Clock Shadow) put the song into final form. What a great song "Careless Santa" is!! One thing, though... > and funny. Sean Altman, formerly of "Rockapella" was > the host for an evening of a capella Christmas carols... > and the new re-worked Rockapella who now call themselves > the "Groove Barbers"... > Actually, Rockapella is another band entirely. Sean left the group last spring, and they (Rockapella) found themselves a terrific new tenor named Kevin Wright. The GrooveBarbers are comprised of 3 former members of Rockapella (Sean, Steve Keyes and Charlie Evett), plus a friend of theirs, Kevin Wiest. The GrooveBarbers are very much an occasional, let's-do- this-for-fun combo. Sean now has his own band -- with instruments -- who will be performing their first gig at Hotel Galvez in NYC this coming Tuesday, 12/30. (Check out Sean's web page at http://www.bigsean.com for info on the gig if you're interested in attending this historic occasion!) > by the crowd, and except for the fact that it had no > instruments, it was true to the original arrangement. > They obviously had worked real hard on this, and it > seemed like Sean was just thrilled to be able to work > with one of his pop idols. > Sean was thrilled indeed, as was Wes Carroll, who is also a big TMBG fan. Sean did the a cappella arrangement of the song. Nancy McGrath ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Nancy McGrath/nancy@bigsean.com Visit Sean Altman's Seanosphere at http://www.bigsean.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-359 ******************************