Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-41 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 41 Tuesday, 11 February 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Attention all northern CA fans!! TMBG: SIMPSONS!!!!!!!!!! TMBG: Older Than You've Ever Been TMBG: Pratchett Re: TMBG: SIMPSONS!!!!!!!!!! Re: TMBG: SIMPSONS!!!!!!!!!! TMBG: SIMPSONS!!!!!!!!!! Re: TMBG: SIMPSONS!!!!!!!!!! TMBG: Heya irving plaza Re: TMBG: TMBG Cartoon Re: Non-TMBG: Barenaked Ladies Re: TMBG: Valentine's day at the Irving plaza! TMBG: Stupid question TMBG: Elitza TMBG: Internet Phone Service Charges NONTMBG Internet Phone Service Charges (none) TMBG: NONTMBG - !!!!! VERY IMPORTANT !!!!! Non-TMBG: The silly FCC scare. TMBG: TMBG- no more brian?/raves/etc. Re: Non-TMBG: The silly FCC scare. Re: TMBG: How To Have A TMBG Dream (long) TMBG: Bootleg List TMBG: THEN: THE EARLIER YEARS TMBG: TMBG TMBG: snl and wmbgt TMBG: Another convert! TMBG: Figuring out who we are Re: TMBG: SIMPSONS!!!!!!!!!! Re: [Fwd: TMBG: Linnell/Saturday Night Live] Re: TMBG: TMBG Cartoon TMBG: Bootlegs Re: TMBG: Another convert! Re: TMBG: snl and wmbgt TMBG: OMLT prices encore... TMBG: IRVING CHAT????!!! Re:TMBG: IRVING CHAT???!!! TMBG: TMBG-Tribute album Re: TMBG: Older Than You've Ever Been Re: TMBG: TMBG Cartoon TMBG: Is it just me? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <2.2.32.19970210071757.006ae378@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Sun, 09 Feb 1997 23:17:57 -0800 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: Attention all northern CA fans!! Such joyous news! The Official site has this listing: >3/13/97 Palo Alto, CA The Edge Nightclub Notes: (Box office 415-324-8445 >or Ticketmaster) What joy, my fellow fans in the barren music wasteland! Two shows in the space of a few months! I don't yet know if I can make this one, but I'll have an answer shortly. Please e-mail me if you plan on attending. Please, God, don't make this The Edge place an over-21 spot. --nicole the delighted wonder nerd *** "Oh, we're a freak magnet." --John Flansburgh of They Might Be Giants, about the band's fans. Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org nnicole@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <32FECC74.B69@ix.netcom.com> Date: Sun, 09 Feb 1997 23:21:24 -0800 From: Kathleen Faulconer Subject: TMBG: SIMPSONS!!!!!!!!!! Hi, Did anyone see the Simpsons tonight? I swear, there was this guy (on the part with Itchy and Scratchy) wearing a tee shirt withe the squid from Apollo 18 on it! It was the same color and design (no whale) and we had the CD right there to compare! There were 10 people in the room and everyone recognized it! Are we ALL insane? No, we can't be! Please, somebody say they saw it too! Sarah rocket88@ix.netcom.com ------------------------------ Date: 10 Feb 1997 10:43:02 GMT From: "Royce M. Lee" Message-ID: <01bc1691$83182d40$LocalHost@royce> Organization: Parvenu Design Subject: TMBG: Older Than You've Ever Been Recently some of the regular listies have recently let out their ages: 13, 15, 17,16 Well suddenly I feel very old. I turn 24 in 3 months time :( I am curious about other people's ages. Rather than starting a thread on this, could people mention their age in earth years on their posts. Thanks -- Royce M. Lee parvenu@ozemail.com.au This message sent using the FirstClass SMTP/NNTP Gateway for Mac OS. Well, not really :-) ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 11:59:43 +0000 (GMT) From: Simon Madine Subject: TMBG: Pratchett Message-ID: I don't know if anyone else reads Terry Pratchett but if you do and by some freak chance you have read Soul Music(British version has nifty cartoon cover, American version has a wonderful red cover with a CD on), did you notice the band mentioned about half way through called We're Certainly Dwarfs? It made me smile. Si PS: I'm 130 in Dog years ***###***###***###***###***###***###***###***###***###***###***###***###***### |\______/| FROM \ / | (. .) | ______ Simon Madine |_______| / \ / _ _ \ | Moo? | Your friendly local | |_| |_| | \______/ \ ___ / ____| erm...well, Simon, really \_______/ "Me, I'd like to think that life is like a drink and I'm hoping that it tastes like bourbon" -The Wonderstuff, Size of a Cow ***###***###***###***###***###***###***###***###***###***###***###***###***### ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199702101321.HAA01592@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: SIMPSONS!!!!!!!!!! Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 07:15:44 -0600 ---------- > From: Kathleen Faulconer > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: TMBG: SIMPSONS!!!!!!!!!! > Date: Monday, February 10, 1997 1:21 AM > > Hi, > > Did anyone see the Simpsons tonight? > I swear, there was this guy (on the part with Itchy and Scratchy) > wearing a tee shirt withe the squid from Apollo 18 on it! It was the > same color and design (no whale) and we had the CD right there to > compare! There were 10 people in the room and everyone recognized it! > Are we ALL insane? > No, we can't be! Please, somebody say they saw it too! > Sarah > rocket88@ix.netcom.com I didn't see it, unfortunately... but the day the Simpsons and TMBG are hand in hand, I will be in heaven! I believe in one of the Simpson's Comics, in the 'bullpen' section, Matt Groenig lists about a million (influences? likes? I dunno) and TMBG is one of them. Or else it was Douglas Adams.. bah.. I'll look for it and make it easier on all of us. Mike "D'oh! Do not forsake me" Leffel Earth Years: 20 in 3 months. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 04:52:52 -0500 (EST) From: "Amy ;)" Subject: Re: TMBG: SIMPSONS!!!!!!!!!! Message-ID: > Did anyone see the Simpsons tonight? > I swear, there was this guy (on the part with Itchy and Scratchy) > wearing a tee shirt withe the squid from Apollo 18 on it! I saw it! And I thought the VERY same thing..."hey, that's the A18 shirt!" but then I figured well, it's probably just a coincidence... who knows :) Any more info on Flans being on Space Ghost Coast to Coast? That is one of my all-time favorite shows, and I even emailed turner.com about getting J&J on the show! That would be such a great addition to the video comp II but I'd love to see it before then. I too am exceedingly jealous of all you who are going to the IP shows, but I may be at the Ypsi show next Wed! Anyone else who's going, I'd love to meet up so I don't have to walk around like an idiot yelling "LIST!" like boba and I did in Cleveland :) Oh yeah, and a public service announcement for Evan and Christy...vote today for your favorite omlt shirt! I'm saying this because....well, I want one! As soon as possible! So go, quit reading, and vote today! too happy at 4:52 am, Amy :) cowtown@tmbg.org Her eyes were like two brown circles with big black dots in the center. (Russell Beland) FFrom MAILER-DAEMON Mon Feb 10 05:51:08 1997 Received: from localhost (localhost) by ussodyssey.ufp.org (8.8.2/8.7.ufp) with internal id FAB02046; Mon, 10 Feb 1997 05:51:08 -0500 Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 05:51:08 -0500 From: Mail Delivery Subsystem Subject: Postmaster notify: unknown mailer error 1 Message-Id: <199702101051.FAB02046@ussodyssey.ufp.org> To: Postmaster Auto-Submitted: auto-generated (postmaster-notification) The original message was received at Mon, 10 Feb 1997 05:43:03 -0500 from news@localhost ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- "|/home/majordom/wrapper mail2news -n tmbg.list -d fromlist -o '.t.m.b.g. .gateway'" (expanded from: tmbg-list@tmbg.org) ----- Transcript of session follows ----- 554 "|/home/majordom/wrapper mail2news -n tmbg.list -d fromlist -o '.t.m.b.g. .gateway'"... unknown mailer error 1 ----- Message header follows ----- Return-Path: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Received: (news@localhost) by ussodyssey.ufp.org (8.8.2/8.7.ufp) id FAA01917 for tmbg-list@tmbg.org; Mon, 10 Feb 1997 05:43:03 -0500 Received: from GATEWAY by ussodyssey.ufp.org with netnews for tmbg-list@tmbg.org (tmbg-list@tmbg.org) To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: 10 Feb 1997 10:43:02 GMT From: "Royce M. Lee" Message-ID: <01bc1691$83182d40$LocalHost@royce> Organization: Parvenu Design Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Older Than You've Ever Been ----- Message body suppressed ----- rom MAILER-DAEMON Mon Feb 10 05:51:08 1997 Received: from localhost (localhost) by ussodyssey.ufp.org (8.8.2/8.7.ufp) with internal id FAA02046; Mon, 10 Feb 1997 05:51:08 -0500 Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 05:51:08 -0500 From: Mail Delivery Subsystem Subject: Returned mail: unknown mailer error 1 Message-Id: <199702101051.FAA02046@ussodyssey.ufp.org> To: tmbg-list-owner Auto-Submitted: auto-generated (failure) The original message was received at Mon, 10 Feb 1997 05:43:03 -0500 from news@localhost ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- "|/home/majordom/wrapper mail2news -n tmbg.list -d fromlist -o '.t.m.b.g. .gateway'" (expanded from: tmbg-list@tmbg.org) ----- Transcript of session follows ----- 554 "|/home/majordom/wrapper mail2news -n tmbg.list -d fromlist -o '.t.m.b.g. .gateway'"... unknown mailer error 1 ----- Original message follows ----- Return-Path: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Received: (news@localhost) by ussodyssey.ufp.org (8.8.2/8.7.ufp) id FAA01917 for tmbg-list@tmbg.org; Mon, 10 Feb 1997 05:43:03 -0500 Received: from GATEWAY by ussodyssey.ufp.org with netnews for tmbg-list@tmbg.org (tmbg-list@tmbg.org) To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: 10 Feb 1997 10:43:02 GMT From: "Royce M. Lee" Message-ID: <01bc1691$83182d40$LocalHost@royce> Organization: Parvenu Design Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Older Than You've Ever Been Recently some of the regular listies have recently let out their ages: 13, 15, 17,16 Well suddenly I feel very old. I turn 24 in 3 months time :( I am curious about other people's ages. Rather than starting a thread on this, could people mention their age in earth years on their posts. Thanks -- Royce M. Lee parvenu@ozemail.com.au This message sent using the FirstClass SMTP/NNTP Gateway for Mac OS. Well, not really :-) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <32FF256C.2AFA@wwnet.com> Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 08:41:00 -0500 From: dstange Subject: TMBG: SIMPSONS!!!!!!!!!! > > Did anyone see the Simpsons tonight? > > I swear, there was this guy (on the part with Itchy and Scratchy) > > wearing a tee shirt withe the squid from Apollo 18 on it! > I saw it! And I thought the VERY same thing..."hey, that's the A18 > shirt!" but then I figured well, it's probably just a coincidence... You could both be insane... Was this the 'Poochie' episode? I hardly ever see the Simpsons, but i did see most of last night's. Dwayne Earth years: 21 in 3 months (next thing to look forward to: running for president at 35!) ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 08:58:15 -0500 (EST) From: Ryan Staib <97starya@james.hawken.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: SIMPSONS!!!!!!!!!! Message-ID: On Mon, 10 Feb 1997, Amy ;) wrote: ** > Did anyone see the Simpsons tonight? ** > I swear, there was this guy (on the part with Itchy and Scratchy) ** > wearing a tee shirt withe the squid from Apollo 18 on it! ** I saw it! And I thought the VERY same thing..."hey, that's the A18 ** shirt!" but then I figured well, it's probably just a coincidence... ** who knows :) Wait. Is the squid from somewhere? I read an interview once where they said where it was from, but I don't remember... ** I may be at the Ypsi show next Wed! Anyone else who's going, I'd love to ** meet up so I don't have to walk around like an idiot yelling "LIST!" like ** boba and I did in Cleveland :) Yes!!!! Amy: You wanna yell 'list' and look for people? Me: Uh, not really, but _you_ can if you want to. :) :) :) And did you find anyone? No.... RS ------------------------------ Message-ID: <32FF422B.7E5B@trib.infi.net> Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 10:43:39 -0500 From: BOBA Organization: InfiNet Subject: TMBG: Heya irving plaza Hey, I was trying to access the tmbg chat thing on the irving plaza site, anyone know why the server isn't responding? ______________________________________________________ Matthew Ondrey Boba@tmbg.org http://members.tripod.com/~Theybootlegs/boba.htm ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 12:23:25 -0500 (EST) From: "(*)" Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Cartoon Message-ID: certainly babs and buster would have been better... c'mon he was a pig. and hampton was whiney anyways... olivia ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 11:12:43 -0500 (EST) From: Ekuts Nevel Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Barenaked Ladies Message-ID: On Thu, 6 Feb 1997, Juliet wrote: > I saw BNL in concert here not to long ago.\ > > Needless to say, THEY ROCKED!!!! > > They Might Be Giants *AND* Barenaked Ladies concerts- all in one year!! =) > Just wanna throw in the fact that I will be at the BNL concert this friday at Niagara University NY (near the Falls) (also my school). Tickets are sold out, so I just wanted to brag a little... SJL And Remember...Life is a straw, so pucker up and suck! P.S. This makes the second concert I have EVER gone to, the first being TMBG in Philly last year... ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 14:33:34 -0500 (EST) From: The Demonic Kangaroo Subject: Re: TMBG: Valentine's day at the Irving plaza! Message-ID: >all, was security super tight? I didnt see anone get patted down. >Also, what is the set up of the IPlaza? Its one big room, with a barrier in front of the stage, a bar in the back, and a balcony above. >Is there a place to check bags? yes. >By the way, is anyone on the list planning on going to the Valentine's Day >show? I'd love to hear from you if you are! I'm there. TDK ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 14:46:23 -0500 (EST) From: The Demonic Kangaroo Subject: TMBG: Stupid question Message-ID: >I have been out of town for a while and I have a simple question. Is the >boxed set, I believe it is called "THe Early Years",still due out this >month and if so, when?? The current release date is March 25th. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 11:10:44 -0500 (EST) From: Ellen Kao Subject: TMBG: Elitza Message-ID: Elitza, please email me. I lost your address. Ellen <>--<>--<>--<>--<>--<>--<>--<>--<>--<>--<> <>"Everything's nearer, <> <>Everything's clearer, <> <>Everything's so divine. <> <>I don't care what momma sez- <> <>Prince Nez I'm gonna make you mine" <> <>--<>--<>--<>--<>--<>--<>--<>--<>--<>--<> ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 13:27:02 -0500 From: gonzalez@vitaliy.harvard.edu (David Gonzalez) Message-Id: <199702101827.NAA00495@vitaliy> Subject: TMBG: Internet Phone Service Charges NONTMBG ----- Begin Included Message ----- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 10:19:08 -0800 From: bofus? Subject: Internet Phone Service Charges Brian Ormand wrote: > >Subject: [Fwd: Internet Phone Service Charges] > >caustin@NMSU.Edu wrote: >> >> I am writing you this to inform you of a very important matter >> currently under review by the FCC. Your local telephone company has >> filed a proposal with the FCC to impose per minute charges for your >> internet service. They contend that your usage has or will hinder the >> operation of the telephone network. >> >> It is my belief that internet usage will diminish if users were >> required to pay additional per minute charges. The FCC has created an >> email box for your comments, responses must be received by February >> 13, 1997. Send your comments to >> >> mailto:isp@fcc.gov >> >> and tell them what you think. >> >> Every phone company is in on this one, and they are trying to sneak >> it in just under the wire for litiagation. Let everyone you know here >> this one. Get the e-mail address to everyone you can think of. >> >> mailto:isp@fcc.gov >> >> Please forward this email to all your friends on the internet so all >> our voices may be heard! >> >> Please note the FEBRUARY 13TH *deadline* for protests to reach the FCC. >> We must not only register our protests before then, but they must >> actually reach that email-box by that time (server difficulties >> notwithstanding). The FCC is very strict about this kind of thing. >> >> It might *also* help for us all to write our U.S. Senators and our >> representatives in the U.S. House of Representatives. They do have >> clout that we as individuals lack. >> >> Here are the urls for the Congress critters >> >> List of House of Reps: >> >> http://clerkweb.house.gov/members/house.htm?57,22 >> >> List of Senators' published email addresses: >> >> http://www.senate.gov/senator/membmail.html >> >> ==================================================== ----- End Included Message ----- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199702101520.KAA142978@acs-mail.bu.edu> From: "Wallace Gobetz" Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 10:19:11 -0500 how can i switch this to digest? Wally Gobetz wallyg@bu.edu ========================================================================= caution: proper use of the brain is not endorsed by federal governments nor huge corporations involved in serious financial profit from a brainwashed and enslaved population. mild discomfort may occur as confusing independant thought challenges popular views around the world ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 15:04:35 -0500 From: gonzalez@vitaliy.harvard.edu (David Gonzalez) Message-Id: <199702102004.PAA00524@vitaliy> Subject: TMBG: NONTMBG - !!!!! VERY IMPORTANT !!!!! ----- Begin Included Message ----- Brian Ormand wrote: Subject: [Fwd: Internet Phone Service Charges] caustin@NMSU.Edu wrote: I am writing you this to inform you of a very important matter currently under review by the FCC. Your local telephone company has filed a proposal with the FCC to impose per minute charges for your internet service. They contend that your usage has or will hinder the operation of the telephone network. It is my belief that internet usage will diminish if users were required to pay additional per minute charges. The FCC has created an email box for your comments, responses must be received by February 13, 1997. Send your comments to mailto:isp@fcc.gov and tell them what you think. Every phone company is in on this one, and they are trying to sneak it in just under the wire for litiagation. Let everyone you know here this one. Get the e-mail address to everyone you can think of. mailto:isp@fcc.gov Please forward this email to all your friends on the internet so all our voices may be heard! Please note the FEBRUARY 13TH *deadline* for protests to reach the FCC. We must not only register our protests before then, but they must actually reach that email-box by that time (server difficulties notwithstanding). The FCC is very strict about this kind of thing. It might *also* help for us all to write our U.S. Senators and our representatives in the U.S. House of Representatives. They do have clout that we as individuals lack. Here are the urls for the Congress critters List of House of Reps: http://clerkweb.house.gov/members/house.htm?57,22 List of Senators' published email addresses: http://www.senate.gov/senator/membmail.html ==================================================== ----- End Included Message ----- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <32ff840f59ed002@gold.tc.umn.edu> Subject: Non-TMBG: The silly FCC scare. Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 14:24:46 -0600 (CST) From: Chris Bongaarts You might want to tell your ISP about this, as it's likely to affect the rates they pay if it goes through, which they will most likely end up passing down to the users. Please also remember that everyone else on the 'net has seen this by now, and those who are most affected by it are putting out their comments. At any rate, PLEASE check out the relevant FCC web page and READ and UNDERSTAND what's going on before sending in mail. Nothing hurts a cause more than uninformed supporters. http://www.fcc.gov/isp.html has the scoop. %% Chris Bongaarts %% Chris.Bongaarts-1@umn.edu %% http://umn.edu/~cab %% U of Minnesota %% CBongo on EFnet IRC (#umn) %% Stop Plate Tectonics! ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 12:23:58 From: "The Mouse O'OKC" Subject: TMBG: TMBG- no more brian?/raves/etc. Greetings, listies! First off, I'm JEALOUS of you New Yorkers. 3 shows! Waaahhh!!!! (if anyone wants to make any offers on some kind of tapes for these shows, lemme know.) And what happened to Brian Doherty? I liked Brian. LinnellGirl- I'm impressed with the concert pics(www.tmbg.org). Very nice. I had no TMBG dreams this weekend. I've been preoccupied with finding a job. Oh, and getting MouseWorld done. Speaking of, if anyone wants a free copy of MW, and you're having trouble wiyh the homepage, then send a business-sized SASE to Stasi Hunt 2521 N.W. 50th St Oklahoma City, OK 73112-8016 If ypou like it and wanna subscribe, info will be included. Well, gotta run. Have a very They day! mouse ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 15:35:05 -0500 From: gonzalez@vitaliy.harvard.edu (David Gonzalez) Message-Id: <199702102035.PAA00548@vitaliy> Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: The silly FCC scare. I just wanted to apologize to everyone concerning the FCC higher rate scare. I did not mean to send it twice. Our server at work went down, so I got a "bouced-mail" message. That's why it was sent twice. I *DETEST* it when people send things twice. I humbly beg your forgiveness. drg ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 13:04:40 -0800 (PST) From: "E. Fjellanger" Subject: Re: TMBG: How To Have A TMBG Dream (long) Message-ID: I've heard that your dreams usually start in the sixth hour of sleep. Eric Fjellanger "I hate Bush." -John Popper ------------------------------ From: SuperD149@aol.com Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 16:04:57 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970210160411_1480052741@emout19.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Bootleg List Here is a list of bootlegs that I have and would be in trading. If interested, E-mail me. Also, I can transfer Videos into audio if you would like. Mr Bungle: Toronto, Canada 1992 (Video) San Francisco, CA 12-18-95 (Video) Fishbone: St. Louis 11-5-86 (Video) San Francisco, CA@Warfield Theatre 1-16-92 (Video) Foo Fighters: San Francisco, CA@Free Tibet Benefit 6-15-96 (Video) Radiohead: London@The Astoria 5-27-94 (Video) Rage Against The Machine: San Francisco, CA@Free Tibet Benefit 6-15-96 (Video) Fairfax, VA 8-21-96 (Video) They Might Be Giants: Live In New York 10-14-94 (Audio) Let It Be Instore 11-29-96 (Audio) Stump Box (Audio) Weezer: Various Tape (Audio) American Holiday (Audio) Rock Candy (Audio) "Geezer" New Britan, CT 12-4-94 (Audio) Milan, Italy@The Factory 2-18-95 (Video) Buffalo 7-30-95 (Audio) Germany@Bizarre Fest 8-17-96 (Video) ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 16:15:44 -0500 Message-Id: From: dodsonsblehproductions@mail.utexas.edu (Scott A. Dodson) Subject: TMBG: THEN: THE EARLIER YEARS ................................................................................ Hello, I have a friend named April, who works for BMG Distribution. BMG just sort of merged with Restless, which is putting out the new 2 CD retrospective. Anyway, because she is my friend and she knows that I love TMBG, she gave me what she got in the mail the other day: THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS SELECTIONS FROM THE 2-CD RETROSPECTIVE THEN: THE EARLIER YEARS INSTORE PLAY SAMPLER - NOT FOR SALE I was totally happy. The cover of the CD is a drawing of five toy boats, sitting in a patch of grass. The back cover has a cartoon of a tiny sailor, dancing a jig. The folks at Restless also sent all of the old videos. The cover of the video tape shows a drawing of an old boat, inside of a glass bottle. I imagine that this will be the cover artwork for the new double cd. Here is a list of the songs on the sampler which are listed as previously unreleased. Many of them can be found on Dial-a-Song tapes: NOW THAT I HAVE EVERYTHING- Available on Dial-a-Song, but this version is much more hi-fi I'M DEF- The one on this CD is the shorter version, like the one on the Statue Got Me High CD. The longer version can be found on the 1985 Demo Tape WHICH DESCRIBES HOW YOU'RE FEELING- Same as on the Statue Got Me High single GREEK #3- Same song as Number Three, only the words are sung in Greek, by Linnell BECOME A ROBOT- Same as on the 1985 Demo Tape WEEP DAY- Much more hi-fi that on the Dial-a-Song tape SCHOOLCHILDREN SINGING "PARTICLE MAN"- Also much more hi-fi that the Dial-a-Song tape The information from Restless said that the official national tour begins in April. The CD will be out very soon. Hope this helps answer some questions. Scott ................................................................................ ------------------------------ From: DonkeyPlop@aol.com Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 16:52:20 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970210164801_683634217@emout02.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: TMBG Does anyone know when TMBG is coming to Chicago??? ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 16:52:32 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970210165127_1448166095@emout05.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: snl and wmbgt >Jesus! These people need lives, but of course we know what >TMBG fans are like. It's sad really. We should try and help >them out maybe. All most of them, males and females, need is >a good ladyfriend. The trials and tribulations of disaffected >youth can be so difficult sometimes. What the hell does this have to do with Spade/Linnell/SNL? >I was rather surprised to see that noone was doing They Might >Be Giants for We Might Be Giants, Too... Any creative musicians out there who could change it up a little? ("We might be giiiiants *too*, We might be giiiants...") sarah :) linnellgirl@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 21:44:55 GMT From: sfkoch@mail.rpn.fullfeed.com (Thor) Message-ID: <32fd4ccd.89521681@news.rpn.fullfeed.com> Organization: FullFeed Communications, ATW Subject: TMBG: Another convert! My Mock Trail coach, who also is a Social Studies teacher, has been enlightened! We went to regionals and took first today :) and ay our party I played James K Polk for him, and he liked the lyrics and the music. He head parts of Pet Name and I Can Hear You, and likes them, too. He told me to get some info on them. It was very cool indeed! "The trouble with computers, of course, is that they're very sophisticated idiots." - Dr. Who ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 16:04:52 -0600 (CST) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: TMBG: Figuring out who we are Message-ID: > "I hate Bush." > -John Popper > "I hate Blues Traveler, too..." --Bill Tatalovich [sorry, couldn't resist] Anyways, folks, I have now received approximately 40 messages regarding my little survey. I know that there are many more than that on this list, so come on folks! Fill it out, send it in! If anyone needs the survey again, e-mail me and I will forward it to you. And Leo, could you e-mail me and tell me how many people are on this list? Thanks a bunch. I'm out. Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu Bill's House of Boots: http://www.cec.wustl.edu/~wt3/boots.html ------------------------------ From: DonkeyPlop@aol.com Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 17:06:49 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970210165052_-1609411412@emout20.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: SIMPSONS!!!!!!!!!! I have the Simpson episode on tape, I will check for all of you guys 197 earth months ------------------------------ Message-ID: <32FFBD8E.6367@fastrans.net> Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 16:30:06 -0800 From: Aarti Organization: milk Subject: Re: [Fwd: TMBG: Linnell/Saturday Night Live] J Mathews wrote: > > Eric W Rutherford wrote: > > > Jesus! These people need lives, but of course we know what TMBG fans are > > like. It's sad really. We should try and help them out maybe. All most of > > them, males and females, need is a good ladyfriend. The trials and > > tribulations of disaffected youth can be so difficult sometimes. > > > > - e. > > Err... Are we supposed to be getting these? Sorry If I'm confused > > Jeremy Mathews > http://members.tripod.com/~Jeremyly/index.html What the hell is this talking about? Aarti ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 17:55:46 -0500 (EST) From: Tom Hare Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Cartoon Message-ID: Um.... but then one of them would have to be a girl? * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- On Mon, 10 Feb 1997, (*) wrote: > certainly babs and buster would have been better... > > c'mon he was a pig. and hampton was whiney anyways... > > olivia > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <32FFA746.4312@toothfairy.com> Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 17:55:02 -0500 From: Kevin McGuire Organization: The Explorers That *DO* Know Exactly Where They're Going! Subject: TMBG: Bootlegs With these really snazzy Irving Plaza shows going on, alot of you have been asking for bootlegs. How does one go about acquiring some of these? From what I gather, you trade other bootlegs for them. But what if you have no bootlegs, like me? I would really like to get some. Please excuse my ignorance. -- +--- Kevin McGuire ---------------------------------------------+ | "Have you ever noticed how somebody can say something totally | | loony and not be aware of it?" | | --Calvin | +---------------------------------------------------------------+ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 17:20:54 -0600 (CST) From: **Tarnished Silence** Subject: Re: TMBG: Another convert! Message-Id: Of course...once you pop, you can't stop. Gotta love 'em! Way to be a converter!:) Tarnished Silence 210 ############################################### ## ## ## "Now it's over I'm dead and I haven't ## ## done anything that I want, or I'm ## ## still alive and there's nothing I ## ## want to do." ## ## -They Might Be Giants ## ## ## ## Under the realism of reality, a ## ## force resides. Beyond the quiet, ## ## it is beyond your hearing. ## ## ## ## Though you can't hear it, you know it's ## ## ## ## TARNISHED SILENCE ## ## ## ## prallena@martin.luther.edu ## ## orange210@hotmail.com ## ## tsilence@geocities.com ## ## ## ## http://paul.luther.edu/~prallena ## ## ## ############################################### On Mon, 10 Feb 1997, Thor wrote: > My Mock Trail coach, who also is a Social Studies teacher, has been > enlightened! We went to regionals and took first today :) and ay our > party I played James K Polk for him, and he liked the lyrics and the > music. He head parts of Pet Name and I Can Hear You, and likes them, > too. He told me to get some info on them. It was very cool indeed! > > > "The trouble with computers, of course, > is that they're very sophisticated idiots." - Dr. Who > ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 18:48:13 -0500 From: Jonathan Chaffer Subject: Re: TMBG: snl and wmbgt >>I was rather surprised to see that noone was doing They Might >>Be Giants for We Might Be Giants, Too... >Any creative musicians out there who could change it up a little? ("We might >be giiiiants *too*, We might be giiiants...") I would think the logical song to cover for the compilation would be the DAS "I Might Be Giants, Too." -- Jonathan Chaffer Student, University of Michigan http://www.tmbg.org/~jchaffer/ ftp/finger (My Mac): tmbg.reshall.umich.edu "Jim is still a Communist, but Jonathan is now a priest." -- Ulrich Plass "Duty now, Spud." --Gnl. Boy "It's a rock gyro thing." --John Linnell ------------------------------ From: Christi587@aol.com Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 19:05:39 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970210190151_1513633929@emout20.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: OMLT prices encore... OMLT prices, because some of you wanted them again: 1 colors- $6 2 colors- $7.20 3 colors- $8.40 4 colors- $9.60 5 colors- $10.80 and so on. These prices are calculated for an order of 100 shirts. Actual price may vary by a few pennies depending on exact amount of order. Not a big deal. Hopefully we will have a design chosen soon and I can start taking *real* orders... BTW... hey, you Irving Plaza people. I thought the puppet heads were ripped off months ago with all the other equipment. How did They do EDG? Oh, yeah... And did the Candy Butchers mention when their *&#$% full-length CD is due out? --Christy ------------------------------ From: SquirlHead@aol.com Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 19:33:46 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970210193344_-1241183430@emout04.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: IRVING CHAT????!!! Does anybody know what's going on with the Irvingplaza.com chat? First the link to get info about it didn't work, now I can't even get to the site! Heeeeelllllpppp!!!!! "Desperate Dan" (E. Boy) ------------------------------ From: SquirlHead@aol.com Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 19:49:16 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970210194914_-1642942768@emout02.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re:TMBG: IRVING CHAT???!!! Nevermind. It's working now! Sorry for the double post, Dan E. Boy ------------------------------ From: DarkKnigtX@aol.com Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 20:26:52 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970210201615_1928781826@emout12.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: TMBG-Tribute album I've got some dumb questions: 1- What is this tribute album 2- How do I sign up for it (and where) 3- Where's it going to be released? Sorry, just need to know! Thanks, DarkKnight ------------------------------ From: Jordan1c@aol.com Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 20:47:33 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970210204708_-1140506086@emout04.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Older Than You've Ever Been In a message dated 97-02-10 05:54:01 EST, parvenu@ozemail.com.au (Royce M. Lee) writes: << Recently some of the regular listies have recently let out their ages: 13, 15, 17,16 >> HEY! you left out me,...14! well, that was pointless. sorry for posting that to the list. oh yeah, IRVING EXPERIENCE UPDATE!---That IS Flans's hand writing on the back of my setlist! Jordan ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 21:39:20 -0500 (EST) From: "(*)" Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Cartoon Message-ID: well flansburg wants to sing like a girl.... olivia ------------------------------ Message-ID: <32FFEAB6.776E@toothfairy.com> Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 22:42:47 -0500 From: Kevin McGuire Organization: The Explorers That *DO* Know Exactly Where They're Going! Subject: TMBG: Is it just me? Is it just me, or is the list kinda dead lately? I havent been getting as much mail as Im used to. Just wondering. -- +--- Kevin McGuire ---------------------------------------------+ | "Have you ever noticed how somebody can say something totally | | loony and not be aware of it?" | | --Calvin | +---------------------------------------------------------------+ ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-41 *****************************