Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-42 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 42 Wednesday, 12 February 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: heather saidler TMBG: Irving Plaza/Candy Butchers TMBG: voodoo girl Re: TMBG: voodoo girl TMBG: Yelling Till My Head Falls Off!! TMBG: Tribute Album Theme TMBG: re:tmbg cartoon TMBG: re:Older... TMBG: re:tmbg cartoon TMBG: THE SIMPSONS Re: TMBG: voodoo girl Re: TMBG: re:tmbg cartoon Re: TMBG: re:tmbg cartoon TMBG: TMBG (i guess) Re: TMBG: How To Have A TMBG Dream (long) Re: TMBG: THEN: THE EARLIER YEARS Re: TMBG: SIMPSONS!!!!!!!!!! Re: TMBG: OMLT prices encore... Re: TMBG: Is it just me? TMBG: CHAT??? Re: TMBG: CHAT??? Re: TMBG: re:tmbg cartoon TMBG: to chat or not to chat Re: TMBG: THE SIMPSONS TMBG: chat--help! TMBG: The ichat thinger Re: TMBG: The ichat thinger TMBG: John Linnell chat Re: TMBG: re:tmbg cartoon TMBG: OMLT voting problems TMBG: John Linnell chat TMBG:Stupid survey TMBG:john online TMBG: chat TMBG: I actually won. TMBG: OMLT Form Fixed / Chat TMBG: John Linnell chat TMBG: John Linnell chat Re: TMBG: I actually won. TMBG: I have new pics for the unofficial site, I Chat, etc. TMBG: Linnell Chat Log TMBG: One more thing! TMBG: Here I am... Re: TMBG: voodoo girl TMBG: Ride from Delaware area to Irving Plaza 2/21 TMBG: Feb. 21st pre-show gathering TMBG: The Tribute Album Re: TMBG: to chat or not to chat Re: TMBG: re:tmbg cartoon Re: TMBG: re:tmbg cartoon TMBG: SIMPSONS!!!!!!!!! TMBG: The New Record? TMBG: Singing n' such Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: PHOLLER@jcs1.jcstate.edu Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 08:13:22 -0500 (EST) Subject: TMBG: heather saidler Message-id: <01IFA6XOW6AG99NKO0@JCS1.JCSTATE.EDU> heather, i need your address so i can send your tape, i have it made and ready to go, i'm sorry if you already gave it to me but i can't find it. j ------------------------------ From: "Ham, Shane M." Subject: TMBG: Irving Plaza/Candy Butchers Date: Tue, 11 Feb 97 10:14:00 PST Message-ID: <3300B8FA@smtpgw.legislate.com> When the Candy Butchers opened for Them on the 7th, did they say when they're album is going to be released? Forgive me if this has already been covered. --Shane ------------------------------ From: tapatenaude@acad.ursinus.edu Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 11:09:34 EST Message-ID: <009AFB94.86D0BF40.168@acad.ursinus.edu> Subject: TMBG: voodoo girl I saw on M2 a few days back Edwyn Collin's video for "A girl like you." Cool that MTV now lists the directors, cos it was none other than John Flansburgh! Now, I also remember hearing things about Flans directing a video for... was it Soul Coughing??? He's not listed for Super-bon-bon... I dunno... Anyone got the lowdown?? ~Tara (no, the other one) BTW I'm 20 yrs old... ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 12:25:52 -0600 (CST) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: Re: TMBG: voodoo girl Message-ID: > I saw on M2 a few days back Edwyn Collin's video for "A girl like you." > Cool that MTV now lists the directors, cos it was none other than > John Flansburgh! Now, I also remember hearing things about Flans directing > a video for... was it Soul Coughing??? He's not listed for Super-bon-bon... > Well, Flansburgh did indeed direct a Soul Coughing video. It wasn't "Super Bon-Bon", though. He directed the video for "Soundtrack to Mary". It was an okay video, but it wasn't anything spectacular. On another note, I think I saw this posted before, but I'll post it again. I know a lot of people on this list are Weird Al Yankovic fans (I for one am not, but y'all enjoy whatever you want), and so this is pertinent to you. Al is now a video director as well. He directed the video for the John Spencer Blues Explosion song, "Wail." For those of you who don't know who the JSBE is (and I'm sure there are many of you), they came out of another band called Pussy Galore, and they put out really strange, rockabilly at times and thrash at other times, music. Nothing like Weird Al or TMBG, except for a sense of humor. Okay, that's enough. I'm out. Oh, and one more thing. SEND THOSE SURVEYS TO ME!!!! The deadline is fast approaching, and then I'll put the results on my web page. Again, if you need another copy of it, e-mail me and I'll forward it to you. See ya. Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu "I don't want to talk / I roll my red eyes back, closed..." --Jawbox, "Iodine" ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3300C781.5FD3@trib.infi.net> Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 14:24:49 -0500 From: BOBA Organization: InfiNet Subject: TMBG: Yelling Till My Head Falls Off!! Amy wrote: ** I may be at the Ypsi show next Wed! Anyone else who's going, I'd love to ** meet up so I don't have to walk around like an idiot yelling "LIST!" like ** boba and I did in Cleveland :) Hehe, yeah, but no one looked, even when we were shouting for Josh Axelrad, "F.Y.I" No one seemed to happy to hear us, but I know of no other way to meeet listies, except to schedule a rondevouz. Alas, it was fun yelling like an idiot, eh, Amy? *BOBAPOKESAMY* :) Hehe boba ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 14:57:52 -0500 Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970211021224.08172292@mail.one.net> From: Chris Combs Subject: TMBG: Tribute Album Theme I came up with this incredible idea for the tribute album, but I can't get hold of a choir to sing it. The selection will be 'Theme From We Might Be Giants, Too" and it would be a cover of "Theme From Flood" with this changed line: It's a brand new record for ninety-seven They Might Be Giants tribute album, om (That "om" can be changed, it is just the end of the TMBG mantra. If you think it's dumb, or it interferes that much with your religious ideas, scratch it.) The point however is that someone out there has to be able to do this song properly. I was experimenting with double tracking and echo, but I can't get the sound I want. Someone please record this song for the compilation, it is almost necessary. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Chris Combs a.k.a. Piglet Goatboy formerly@assassinate -={MPFT}=- -={CAS}=- -={OINK!}=- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 13:20:56 From: "The Mouse O'OKC" Subject: TMBG: re:tmbg cartoon > well flansburg wants to sing like a girl.... Actually, Mr. Flansburgh can almost sing like a girl. (Listen to "Nixon's the One" off of Mono Puff's "Unsupervised" and see if I'm not right.) mouse ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 13:23:32 From: "The Mouse O'OKC" Subject: TMBG: re:Older... > oh yeah, IRVING EXPERIENCE UPDATE!---That IS Flans's hand > writing on the back of my setlist! > Jordan Oh! I am SO jealous. That has to be the coolest freaking thing in the world! mouse, age 21 btw ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 16:52:39 -0500 (EST) From: "(*)" Subject: TMBG: re:tmbg cartoon Message-ID: Wait a minnite...is that the country song?..that is a girl!!! I love the line of that album " I hit my head, now I'm left handed"...he is so neat. It makes me sad, when so many people claim that Linnell is the talent behind the band, and that Flansburg is really lame, because its so false. Do any of you hear this also? ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: THE SIMPSONS Message-ID: <19970211.165930.11359.1.den-den.smurfchick@juno.com> From: den-den.smurfchick@juno.com (Kendra J Montoya) Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 17:43:39 EST i'm a loser and i tape all the simpson's episodes. i have to say i definately saw the apollo 18 shirt on one of the itchy & scratchy writers. we could very possibly have some giantheads working for matt groening. i'm floating off to cloud 9 now. your best friend is you. i'm my best friend too. i share the same veiws and hardly ever argue. eat spam from the can watch late night c-span. and rock out to old school duran duran. luv, kenj 16 earth years ------------------------------ From: SquirlHead@aol.com Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 18:00:24 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970211175448_1745169639@emout16.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: voodoo girl Flans directed the Soul Coughing video, "Soundtrack to Mary." It was filmed at some place in Pennsylvania called Roadside America, which is a very large miniature village.(?) I haven't seen it, has anyone here seen it? -Daniel ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3300FD13.135C@toothfairy.com> Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 18:13:23 -0500 From: Kevin McGuire Organization: The Explorers That *DO* Know Exactly Where They're Going! Subject: Re: TMBG: re:tmbg cartoon > It makes me sad, when so many people claim that Linnell is the talent > behind the band, and that Flansburg is really lame, because its so false. > Do any of you hear this also? > Yeah. Everyone is always praising Linnnell so much, but it seems we either come down on Flansy or just are indifferent to him. I think I can actually say I like their songs equally as well. Sure, I love typical Linnell songs, (i.e. Dont Lets Start, Ana NG, I Palindrome I, etc.) but I always seem to get Flansburg's stuck in my head. Usually "Absoluteley Bills Mood" or "AKA Driver." I think the two balance each other out well, and that is why they've been together 13 years. There was some pretty heavy Flans bashing a while back on here, and I was pretty steamed. I think I would like Flans alot better as a person than Linnell if I knew them in person. Anyone out there agree with me? Think I have no clue? In a very wierd (thats normal) mood- -- +--- Kevin McGuire ---------------------------------------------+ | "Have you ever noticed how somebody can say something totally | | loony and not be aware of it?" | | --Calvin | +---------------------------------------------------------------+ ------------------------------ From: SquirlHead@aol.com Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 18:21:08 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970211181819_-1508958714@emout11.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: re:tmbg cartoon >Wait a minnite... is that the country song?... that is a girl!!! NO, "Nixon's the One" is not the "country song!" You're thinking of "Don't I Have The Right." (sung by Nancy Lynn Howell) -Daniel ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 11 Feb 97 22:50:39 UT From: "Kathy and Ryan " Message-Id: Subject: TMBG: TMBG (i guess) >>OKay, as far as the whole ditzes and jocks thing: I think if they're that stupid they probably just don't understand a lot of TMBG lyrics and so they don't enjoy it as much as any of us do. Take purple toupee (sp?) for example, half of them probably don't understand that he's not talkin about some ol lady named selma but in fact the town in alabama. As well as the other references to past events in that song.<< Personally, i liked that song a long time before i knew what it meant >>In columbia house, I believe, they mention that the refreshments have 'they might be giants style lyricism' (or something like that). I still haven't bought the cd, but frankly I highly doubt they can hold a blowtorch to Them. Cake is fun from what I've heard...I love I Will Survive!!<< I have heard 2 songs by the Refreshments....both great, but no similarities to TMBG that i can see. Ryan the .sigless wonder oh yeah, currently really into Robert Jordan, Might and Magic, Warcraft 2, basketball, and getting lots of sleep. Star wars was great, but i don't know any obscure facts, only saw it once ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970211182453.006a9ce0@mail.ee.net> Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 18:24:56 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: How To Have A TMBG Dream (long) At 01:04 PM 2/10/97 -0800, you wrote: > I've heard that your dreams usually start in the sixth hour of >sleep. >Eric Fjellanger So that gives me about fifteen minutes for dreams.... (No wonder I haven't had any wacky and wild TMBG dreams....) -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970211182840.006b129c@mail.ee.net> Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 18:28:42 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: THEN: THE EARLIER YEARS >I'M DEF- The one on this CD is the shorter version, like the one on the Statue > Got Me High CD. The longer version can be found > on the 1985 Demo Tape > >WHICH DESCRIBES HOW YOU'RE FEELING- Same as on the Statue Got Me High single Wouldn't these be Elektra's songs (well, not *theirs* but you know...), having been released on Elektra singles? And was that all the unreleased songs? I thought there were going to be 18 or 19???! -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970211183535.006889d0@mail.ee.net> Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 18:35:38 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: SIMPSONS!!!!!!!!!! At 05:06 PM 2/10/97 -0500, DonkeyPlop@aol.com wrote: >I have the Simpson episode on tape, I will check for all of you guys > Anyone who has it on tape and also has a Snappy might want to try getting it into their computer and on the web... PS- 16 in a month -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970211183717.006889d0@mail.ee.net> Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 18:37:20 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: OMLT prices encore... At 07:05 PM 2/10/97 -0500, Christi587@aol.com wrote: >Hopefully we will have a design chosen soon and I can start taking *real* >orders... D'oh! I nearly forgot! (I was skiing all day for the last two days :) Anyhow, no new omlt submissions, so go to http://omlt.home.ml.org to register your vote. -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Is it just me? Message-ID: <19970211.174222.6526.0.istanbul@juno.com> From: istanbul@juno.com (Justin Smith) Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 18:38:37 EST I think that would be an understatement. This week, for the first time in history, the traffic on the SimCity:CCG list (don't ask) has passed that of the TMBG list. BTW, what is ussodyssey.ufp.org in the header? Is that the server for the TMBG list, or is it Juno which passes mail through that? (Not that you care, but I happen to hate Star Trek.) +++ This is Justin Smith's signature! +++ General E-mail: jsmith@e-tex.com TMBG stuff: istanbul@juno.com +++ Bored? Play Dragon Warrior! +++ http://www.dragonfire.net/~DW/ On Mon, 10 Feb 1997 22:42:47 -0500 Kevin McGuire writes: >Is it just me, or is the list kinda dead lately? I havent been >getting >as much mail as Im used to. > >Just wondering. >-- >+--- Kevin McGuire ---------------------------------------------+ >| "Have you ever noticed how somebody can say something totally | >| loony and not be aware of it?" | >| --Calvin | >+---------------------------------------------------------------+ > ------------------------------ From: SquirlHead@aol.com Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 19:02:43 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970211185109_-1542512972@emout07.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: CHAT??? Does anyone know what's happening with the Irving chat tonight? Is it audio or something, because I go to the link and it's all white!!! -Daniel ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 18:14:31 -0600 (CST) From: Lara Schmidt Subject: Re: TMBG: CHAT??? Message-ID: On Tue, 11 Feb 1997 SquirlHead@aol.com wrote: > Does anyone know what's happening with the Irving chat tonight? Is it audio > or something, because I go to the link and it's all white!!! > > -Daniel > It's "ichat". You have to download the software or Netscape plug-in for it to work. If you've got the goods, then they're probably just setting things up as we speak. Lara Schmidt _________________ poet, writer, musician, webslave! _________________ www.cclabs.missouri.edu/~maneater www.missouri.edu/~moreview www.cclabs.missouri.edu/~c619888 ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 18:38:17 -0600 (CST) From: **Tarnished Silence** Subject: Re: TMBG: re:tmbg cartoon Message-Id: Yes, it is very unfortunate that many people attribute the success of They to the premonition that Linnel is the brains and that Flans goes along with everything that Linnel does. These people need to realize that it took both Johns to make this superior group, and if I know anything about groups, everyone works or nothing gets accomplished. Hats off to the both of them. You other people, please...spare me. Thanks!:) Tarnished Silence 210 ############################################### ## ## ## "Now it's over I'm dead and I haven't ## ## done anything that I want, or I'm ## ## still alive and there's nothing I ## ## want to do." ## ## -They Might Be Giants ## ## ## ## Under the realism of reality, a ## ## force resides. Beyond the quiet, ## ## it is beyond your hearing. ## ## ## ## Though you can't hear it, you know it's ## ## ## ## TARNISHED SILENCE ## ## ## ## prallena@martin.luther.edu ## ## orange210@hotmail.com ## ## tsilence@geocities.com ## ## ## ## http://paul.luther.edu/~prallena ## ## ## ############################################### On Tue, 11 Feb 1997, (*) wrote: > Wait a minnite...is that the country song?..that is a girl!!! I love the > line of that album " I hit my head, now I'm left handed"...he is so neat. > > > It makes me sad, when so many people claim that Linnell is the talent > behind the band, and that Flansburg is really lame, because its so false. > Do any of you hear this also? > > ------------------------------ From: Kmsog@aol.com Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 19:25:46 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970211192248_1247545450@emout13.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: to chat or not to chat is anyone else ready to scream in total frustration b/c they cant get set up for the chat? ack!!! -- jen ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 19:37:09 -0500 (EST) From: Tom Hare Subject: Re: TMBG: THE SIMPSONS Message-ID: Nope. Definitely, it was not the apollo 18 shirt. The squid was upside down, in a completely different position, the shirt was white, and there was no whale/title/satellite. * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- On Tue, 11 Feb 1997, Kendra J Montoya wrote: > i'm a loser and i tape all the simpson's episodes. i have to say i > definately saw the apollo 18 shirt on one of the itchy & scratchy > writers. we could very possibly have some giantheads working for matt > groening. i'm floating off to cloud 9 now. > > your best friend is you. i'm my best friend too. i share the same veiws > and hardly ever argue. eat spam from the can watch late night c-span. > and rock out to old school duran duran. > luv, > kenj 16 earth years > > ------------------------------ From: MIKE Message-Id: <199702120036.TAA210505@garnet.acns.fsu.edu> Subject: TMBG: chat--help! Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 19:36:32 -0500 (EST) how do i get on this freakin' thing? im at a lab so it wont let me sa ve on the hardrive, so im having to use disks and its just stuck here and it says cache cleanup: removing 183 files, at the bottom--this is really ticking me off! help me!! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199702120059.SAA14081@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: The ichat thinger Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 18:54:18 -0600 WHEEEHAA! If John really DID answer my question, does anybody have a decent logging?? My stupid netscape kept crashing, so I couldn't enjoy it at all, much. Nice to see everybody! Flnsburgh on IRC Mike Leffel maleffel@ncfcomm.com "Hello, Homer. He's John.." "And He's John." "..Of They Might Be Giants!" "Is that any reason why you are blocking the TV?" ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 01:19:15 +0000 (GMT) From: D Robertson Subject: Re: TMBG: The ichat thinger Message-ID: Don't interrupt me as I... _______________________________________________________________________________ Douglas Robertson The well known story of the panic created by the Derwent College radio broadcast of War of The Worlds is well University of York known. It is, however, coloured somewhat by the Heslington fact that the millions of Americans who believed York that the aliens had landed also believed that YO1 5DD during a real invasion the coverage of one of the most important events in world history would be interupted every 15 minutes for ad breaks. FLUMCAKE ON-LINE:It's got more words than your average cabbage patch. http://www.york.ac.uk/~dr109/flumcake ...struggle to complete this thought _______________________________________________________________________________ On Tue, 11 Feb 1997, Mike Leffel wrote: > > > WHEEEHAA! > > If John really DID answer my question, does > anybody have a decent logging?? My stupid netscape kept > crashing, so I couldn't enjoy it at all, much. > > > Nice to see everybody! > > Flnsburgh on IRC > > Mike Leffel > maleffel@ncfcomm.com > > > "Hello, Homer. He's John.." > "And He's John." > > "..Of They Might Be Giants!" > > "Is that any reason why you are blocking the TV?" > > AH well, at least you could log on properly, I was forced to be a passive viewer, at least I could enter the competion (although the chances are because I'm a Brit I'm not going to win. Ah well, never mind. It was funwhile it lasted! ------------------------------ From: "Jim Warner" Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 20:42:16 +0000 Subject: TMBG: John Linnell chat Message-ID: <1356428038-42883132@mssm.lcs.k12.me.us> I just had to write in and say thank you to whoever gave the information about the live chat with Linnell. It was an incredible experience for all who were there. I will not soon forget it. I was Puppet for anyone who was there and is interested. --Jim ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 11 Feb 97 20:42 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: re:tmbg cartoon I think the two balance each >other out well, and that is why they've been together 13 years. Right on. ;) I have always thought that I leaned more towards Linnell, but when I look at my favorite songs, I find that I like them both fairly equally. "Put Your Hand Inside the Puppet Head" ranks up there as one of my all-time favorites, after all.. Kirsten -- "This message had been rated Y-7 because it is a superhero action drama." Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Brodie AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu *TMBG*Sex Pistols*The Mommyheads*Simon & Garfunkel*Op Ivy*Pulp*The Muffs* ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 21:08:33 -0500 (EST) From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: OMLT voting problems Message-Id: Whoever is in charge of the OMLT needs to fix the voting form. It has /cgi-bin/homestead/whatever in the HTML, and it should be http://www.geocities.com/cgi-bin/homestead/whatever to work. TTYL, -Adam Tyner /----=========================================----\ Looking for He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and MST3K? Then go to http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 21:10:57 -0500 (EST) From: Coyote Subject: TMBG: John Linnell chat Message-ID: Did anyone catch the chat and log it or anything, so that people like me who didnt get to join it could see what went on? Thanks much! -Adam ______________________________________________________________________________ >It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me?< -TMBG kai@wpi.edu fight_the_system@hotmail.com ______________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 12 Feb 97 01:17:38 UT From: "PANACHE4U Kathy" Message-Id: Subject: TMBG:Stupid survey i don't know that anyone will like this but: * ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Name:Ryan Hamilton E-mail:Mom_of_Two@msn.com Gender:male Age:14 City:Terre Haute State/Country:IN Occupation:none to speak of Three Favorite Bands: 1.They Might Be Giants (only 3) 2.Dave Mathews Band 3.Bush Three Favorite Movies: 1.ummmmmmmmmm (only 3) 2. 3. Favorite Author:Robert Jordan or Douglas Adams Favorite TV Show:Friends (don't give me a hard time, i like it) Favorite TMBG album:Apollo 18 Favorite TMBG song (only 1):The Statue Got Me High Favorite Comic Strip:Calvin and Hobbes (now defunct) * --------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 12 Feb 97 02:06:48 UT From: "PANACHE4U Kathy" Message-Id: Subject: TMBG:john online Just finished talking in that irving plaza chat room... JOHN LINNEL WAS THERE!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately, Flansburg couldn't make it.:( Wow that really wasn't very much to say Ryan the .sigless wonder 14 in earth years ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9702120219.AA01039@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: chat Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 21:19:30 -0500 (EST) John Linnell was impressed by the idea we had of having an on-line concert and he said he would do it. So we may hear a TMBG Internet concert soon. Matt, 23 in November -- Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 21:36:20 -0500 (EST) From: 99 and 44/100 Percent MIKe! Subject: TMBG: I actually won. Message-ID: Well, I sat through the weird Irving Plaza chat thingy, and dutifully sent off my correct contest answer when they asked us to, and I won my choice of: a pair of 2/21 tix a ltd. ed. tshirt a then: sampler cd Well, I can't go to the show, so this narrows it down to the shirt or the CD. I don't know what to choose. At least I won. I hope I don't have to go to the Irving Plaza to pick it up, as I live in Canada. MIKe *TMBG Info Club ID No: 18902* come visit Mr Flippy's Red Light Funtime Party Hour! www.yucc.yorku.ca/~flippy ----------------------------- Manos The Hands of Fate was filmed on location in a vacant lot. And I am 23 1/2 in earth years. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970211214353.0068fefc@mail.ee.net> Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 21:43:55 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: OMLT Form Fixed / Chat The OMLT form should work now. http://omlt.home.ml.org Someone please send me the entire JL chat from earlier today. I was there up until about 7:30 (I was ffork, with two f's). I really want to see the rest of it. It would be cool if for once both johns were there rather than just one or the other. Now I've been to one w/ Flans and one with linnell. (Anyone else think Linnell was more verbose? Or is it just my imagination?) -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: John Linnell chat Message-ID: <19970211.215521.9190.0.jenifer.stewart@juno.com> From: jenifer.stewart@juno.com (Jenifer W Stewart) Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 21:55:56 EST Did anyone log this chat? I was at school and my husband tried to log it for me and he kept getting kicked off. If so, would you PLEASE send me a copy or at least write me (or the list if you want) and tell us what questions were asked and what he actually said? Thanks in advance:) Jen ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: John Linnell chat Message-ID: <19970211.215630.9190.1.jenifer.stewart@juno.com> From: jenifer.stewart@juno.com (Jenifer W Stewart) Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 21:57:07 EST Did anyone log this chat? I was at school and my husband tried to log it for me and he kept getting kicked off. If so, would you PLEASE send me a copy or at least write me (or the list if you want) and tell us what questions were asked and what he actually said? Thanks in advance:) Jen ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970211220430.006b0234@mail.ee.net> Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 22:04:33 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: I actually won. At 09:36 PM 2/11/97 -0500, 99 and 44/100 Percent MIKe! wrote: > Well, I sat through the weird Irving Plaza chat thingy, and >dutifully sent off my correct contest answer when they asked us to, and I >won my choice of: > a pair of 2/21 tix > a ltd. ed. tshirt > a then: sampler cd > > Well, I can't go to the show, so this narrows it down to the shirt >or the CD. I don't know what to choose. At least I won. I hope I don't >have to go to the Irving Plaza to pick it up, as I live in Canada. > > MIKe Why go through the mental anguish of choosing when you could give me the prize! Save yourself hours of deep thought! (And take pity because I couldn't stick around until the end.) PS- If I were you, I'd take the t-shirt. Unless it was dumb-looking, in which case i'd take the Then: sampler (But Then: itself is coming out soon, so I'd get the t-shirt, unless it was dumb-looking...) EC (ffork at JL's recent chat) -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 22:14:22 -0400 (EDT) From: CORT Subject: TMBG: I have new pics for the unofficial site, I Chat, etc. Message-id: <01IFB000C91MCCLR6M@TIGER.UOFS.EDU> Hi TMBGer's! I have a few random things to say, so here goes! =) First of all, did anyone happen to get a log from the Irving Plaza Chats? If so, could you please post it to the list? I'm sure everyone would love to see it! =) Also, Leo, I have some pics from the 3-28-96 Mercury Lounge show that I would love to add to our site! Could you please tell me what I need to do? You can check them out beforehand on my page if you'd like! http://academic.uofs.edu/student/ck8 Thanks bunches! Last, but not least, today I found a most pleasant surprise in 'Electric City' (which is Scranton, PA's much smaller version of the Village Voice!) The paper listed the top ten albums from last year, and here's what they had to say about TMBG! #5 - THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS/FACTORY SHOWROOM - John & John have got to be the two coolest musicians on the planet. Their songs are quirky (the 'q' word!) and catchy. Their style is all Their own. With songs like "Exquisite Dead Guy" and "Till My Head Falls Off," you know you're not in run-of-the-mill rock territory. Now, the article itself wasn't what surprised me...it was the fact that there are others in Scranton, PA that like TMBG! =) Three cheers for the Electric City Paper and the underground fans that are hiding somewhere in Scranton! =) That's all! Have a They day! sun and smiles cortney http://academic.uofs.edu/student/ck8 ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 22:21:05 -0500 Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970211223541.24c7c4ea@mail.one.net> From: Chris Combs Subject: TMBG: Linnell Chat Log This is a very very long post. The chat session has been edited to just questions and answers. My entire log (which is about a gillion times as big as this) can be found at < http://w3.one.net/~goatboy/tmbglog.txt > if you are crazy enough to load it. The log begins and ends about 20 minutes on either side of Linnell's presence. I have tried to match Mr. Linnell's answers to the original questions, but I have faltered in some areas. Someday I will find them all. -Goat Boy * ------------------------------------------------------------- Irving Plaza Chat - 11 February 1997 - approx. 7:00PM EST Hello! John L., where did you think up the idea of recording the song I can hear you Thanks, Najus. We were invited by the Edison Laboratory to come in and record at their facility last spring. The song was written by my partner Flansburgh for the occasion. JohnL, what happened to Brian Doherty? Our old drummer Brian Doherty has gone on to other things. He will be missed. Vibes are good between us personally. john, what can we expect this fri? This Friday at Irving Plaza we'll be playing songs from our upcoming record which has no name as yet. The evening's theme is "Valentine's day massacre of new songs" Any plans for a cd-rom or enhanced cd No CD Rom plans right now. We are still assembling materials for our web site. JohnL: ever plan on releasing your Hello CD EP stuff on an album, for official release? As far as my personal Hello CD stuff is concerned, I'll need to concentrate on that project one of these days. Elektra seems completely open to the idea. John, what do you and John Fl. like to do when you are not on the road? Well, when we're not on the road we're almost always insanely busy working on some project or other. But in those rare moments when we have a little free time, I like staring out the window. Sometimes I play cards with some friends. John, what can we expect from the Box Set? In answer to the question about the box set: We've included a whole bunch of unreleased material, plus John and I wrote voluminous liner notes about everything we could remember related to those early recordings. JohnL: what bands do you like music from currently? I read Flans say in an interview (link from www.irvingplaza.com somewhere) that you listened to the new Beck CD I tend to be a little behind the 8-ball when it comes to new bands, unlike Mr. Flansburgh who is more up on things. I heard a band I liked a lot recently called "Adventures in Stereo." John> what's the scoop with Superfueled F' and the new album? any tenative dates? Superfueled Freaksicle is indefinately on hold while we put out Then: the early years and possibly one other record. john: what is your favorite song on Factory Showroom? We have no favorites. JohnL: Are you aware of the TMBG Internet Tribute album being put out in THEIR honor? No, Jeremym, I'm unaware of this strange project [This was a question about the song "New York City"] Flansburgh heard the Cub song on some college radio station and called them to find out who it was. [The question asked what the retospective show would be like] The Irving Plaza show on the 21st will feature our band as usual, but we're planning a section where we get back to our roots as a duo with tapes. hugo wants to know where tmbg got their name. They Might Be Giants was originally a film starring George C. Scott. It's nothing special. [John was asked when he began playing the accordian] I started playing the accordion about two years into the life of TMBG. I tried it out at a party where John and I played and immediately liked it. John and John, do you usually record with drum machines or guest drummers? Nowadays we usually record with a drummer. John, why do most of the new songs have no accordian in them? The current album (Factory Showroom) has something like four songs with accordion, which isn't particularly off the graph for us. I think the big change for me is I'm playing lots more electronic keyboards onstage, which means the accordion sits by itself for longer intervals. What happened to the Exquisite Dead Guy heads? The delightful ventriloquist's dummy heads which performed the vocals on Exquisite Dead Guy last year were stolen, along with all our personal live gear, a few months ago. Replacement heads have recently been obtained and will be seen at Irving Plaza this month. * Wyatt asks "Will you proably stop making records once your deal with elektra is up? Stop making records if we're dropped by Elektra? That doesn't seem too likely. John, how do you feel about people taping your shows? We appreciate the interest shown by tape traders and bootleggers, but we also appreciate the money from our record sales. I guess you should let your conscience be your guide. What is your current line-up? And will you come over to Europe with a "full band" or will it just be the two of you again?! We're not going to Europe until after the spring. Nothing scheduled now. We'll be in Japan and Australia this spring John, are there any other mediums you would like to try your hand at? John L, are you insterested in working in film like J. Flansburgh? I don't think video directing is really my cup of tea. My interpersonal skills would have to be better for that. Have you ever thought about doing a concert on the Internet (or did I miss it already... =]) ? Re: broadcasting a concert on the internet: Haven't thought about it. Don't have a problem with it. John, what made you decide to create tmbg.com tmbg.com kind of grew out of the work of several website creators. We wanted to make the site officially ours so we could provide original material for it, which is still kind of gathering steam. [can't find the question to this one just yet - you're smart, figure it out] At the moment we're in the midst of performing here at Irving Plaza and preparing songs for the next record. John, how much of the fanmail that you get do you have the time to personally respond to? We're pretty bad about answering our fan mail. It's a lot of work and I'm really lazy. John, how did you get a song on the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers soundtrack? We were offered a bunch of money to put a song we had already written and recorded on the Power Rangers record. It may seem kind of mercenary in that we don't especially identify with the 'Rangers. Well, maybe the blue one. What about a new video compilation? We have a pile of videos we've made for all the Elektra singles thus far. Someday we'll put them out. As you may know there is already a collection of all the Bar/None videos. John, everyone seems to be interested in you listen to this or that band. What are you listening to these days?> I like Bobby Vee. are there any artist you would like to work with in the future? It's hard to imagine who in particular I or we would collaborate with. Maybe Bobby Vee. JOHN: Will you and Flansburgh ever be guests on The Simpsons? There's a conductor on the subway I ride every day who talks like Mr. Byrnes of the Simpsons. So in a sense I am a guest on the show, at least in my imagination. who's Bobby Vee? Bobby Vee had a bunch of interesting hits in the fifties, such as "The Night Has a Thousand Eyes" john> what's the status of Dial-A-Song -- the classic version? it just keeps ringing. :( Dial-a-song is still going, still at the same phone number: (718) 387-6962. JohnL: I hear you are a Residents fan. How did this come to be? When John F. and I were teenagers our allegience was divided between The Residents and REO Speedwagen. when will the unnamed new album come out? We're still writing the songs for the next album. If all goes well it will be in the can this summer. John, what knd of keyboard, and what kind of accordion do you use? I have a Proteus FX for my live beeps and boops. It's cheap and small and I can afford to carry a backup. I recently got an endorsement deal from Hohner. It took some doing but they gave me a sporty red model for half off. Do you and JohnF collaborate on most songs or do you mostly write separately? John and I generally write songs independantly, although we have ways of collaborating that work pretty well. Sometimes John writes a stack of lyrics and gives them to me. That's how we came up with "Subliminal" from John Henry JOHN, how do you feel about moshers? I get hurt all the time! We try to discourage moshing, as it can lead to injury. I suppose it's none of our business, but we've seen people get badly hurt, and it's kind of a drag. What inspires you to come up with the songs? Answer: Coffee. JOHNL: Speaking of coffee -- I bought some at your Count Basie Theatre show. Good blend. Who designed it? I don't know who supplied that coffee we were selling. I did the little picture of JH with a mug. JohnL: do you speak German and write in Japanese? I wish I could speak some other language properly. I speak pidgin Spanish and can read the Japanese Katakana charactors. John, what was your favorite album to record? John Henry was really fun, because we weren't fussing too much with overdubs. We were all playing at the same time in a huge room up in Bearsville, NY, during a blizzard. John: is there another project after House of Mayors? I don't have anything really cut out yet. I'd like to do a longer format State Songs recording, but I'm going to need a free moment. john: did you like high school? High School was a great resource, in retrospect. I didn't like it too much at the time, but I had free use of the facilities in the music room, including an old Bass Clarinet that launched my interest in reed instruments. Can you describe your experiences working with Josh Fried? Josh Fried is someone we performed and recorded with way back in the mid-eighties. He's still doing interesting performances, some involving people wearing headphones and trying to repeat what they're hearing exactly as it happens, which is, as Joshua says, impossible. what happened to Flanny? Flans is probably going to Star Wars. He didn't see those films the first time out. John: who is James McIntyre? Jim "Jimmy Mac" Macintyre was a close friend of both John F. and I in high school who died of AIDS the year before our first record came out. A lot of Jimmy's sensibility influenced what we were doing and is still part of what we do. Here's the trivia question: What European country was the nineteenth century painter James Ensor born in? That's the end of the chat. Thanks John for stopping by. * --------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 22:22:41 -0400 (EDT) From: CORT Subject: TMBG: One more thing! Message-id: <01IFB0DP63OYCCLR6M@TIGER.UOFS.EDU> Hi again! My apologies for the multiple posts, I forgot to add something in my last one! I am planning on going to the 2/21 Irving Plaza show (it'll be a dream come true!), but I need your help! If anyone happens to be driving anywhere near northeastern PA (and you have room for one more!), could you please give me a lift? I will gladly help with gas, tolls, etc., and I'll have a special little gift for you too! =) I can't afford to take the bus from school to NY, please consider taking on an extra passenger if you can! =) Thanks bunches! sun and smiles cortney http://academic.uofs.edu/student/ck8 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.16.19970212034307.2dd78fc0@mail.cadvision.com> Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 20:43:07 -0700 From: David Bryan Subject: TMBG: Here I am... As I just recently started reading the list, I thought this survey was as good a way as any introduce myself. Obviously I share a love of John and John with you all. So feel free to ask about anything else if you're curious. * ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Name: David Bryan E-mail: bryand@cadvision.com Gender: Male Age: 16 City: Calgary State/Country: Canada Occupation: Library Paige [ I put the books away ] Three Favorite Bands: 1. They Might Be Giants (only 3) 2. Dave Brubeck Quartet / Trio 3. Bishop Carroll High School Stage Band [ 'cause I'm in it ;) ] Three Favorite Movies: 1. Sailor Moon R: The Movie (only 3) 2. Smoke 3. Pulp Fiction Favorite Author: Ayn Rand or Douglas Adams Favorite TV Show: Sailor Moon Favorite TMBG album: Apollo 18 Favorite TMBG song (only 1): Ana Ng Favorite Comic Strip: Dilbert [ geeks will rule the world! ] * --------------------------------------------------------------------- _Additional Info_ Likes: Anime, intelligence, sushi, money, solitude, electronics, music. Dislikes: Inordinately large crowds of people, Pizza Pops, getting up early, Windows 95, shaving on a regular basis. Strangest thing I ever ate: Milk and several different kinds of pop mixed together. It curdled. I drank it. I got sick. Do *not* ask. Things on my desk at this moment: 45 year old rotary phone, screwdriver with the Alberta Respiratory Services logo on it, _Running Linux_ book, Miscellaneous T, printout of an explaination of the .WAV file format, eraser shaped like the word "MOO." Hard drive space devoted to TMBG stuff: 18.6M Total number of TMBG concerts I am likely to go to within my lifetime: 0 -- "I'm not trying to make sense, I'm just talking." -John Flansburg http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/1641/ -- Temporarily down! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199702120411.XAA06460@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Date: Tue, 11 Feb 97 23:03 EST From: "J. L. Moquin" Subject: Re: TMBG: voodoo girl Daniel (SquirlHead@aol.com) wrote on Tue, 11 Feb 1997: >Flans directed the Soul Coughing video, "Soundtrack to Mary." It was filmed >at some place in Pennsylvania called Roadside America, which is a very large >miniature village.(?) I haven't seen it, has anyone here seen it? > >-Daniel Well, I'll just post a totally useless response here, and say, "No, I never saw the video, but I would really like to, because my parents took me to Roadside America when I was a kid, and I was really amazed to hear that someone (not to mention someone *cool*) shot a video there. Roadside America is like a *huge* table in a big room, and on the table is an entire little *world* on the scale of a model railroad. It's neat, especially when you're about 7, like I was. Of course, that was 20 years ago, so they may have souped it up a little since then. :) " -jennifer and the bean age 27 (the bean is age -5.5 mos) p.s. oh yeah, I ordered the TMBG baby shirt last week. The bean (a.k.a. Cleetus the fetus) is gonna be totally rockin! :D ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199702120418.XAA19568@nfs1.jvnc.net> From: "Harlan Landes" Subject: TMBG: Ride from Delaware area to Irving Plaza 2/21 Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 23:24:08 -0500 I am desparately looking for a ride for two people to the Irving Plaza show on 2/21... please help!! I will (of course) help to pay for gas, tolls, etc... -= Harlan Landes - spike@udel.edu =- -= http://tamos.gmu.edu/~harlan/ =- -================================- ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 23:24:44 -0500 (EST) Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970211232756.2ddfd3e2@postoffice.yorku.ca> From: "The Famous Mr. Klaw" Subject: TMBG: Feb. 21st pre-show gathering Hi kids... Well, the time approaches, and in a few weeks the lucky ones will be gathering in NYC for hours of fun and frivolity with They Might Be Giants. I am glad to announce that I will be one of those lucky ones, travelling all the way from the frozen wastelands of Toronto Canada. Now seeing as how I am the one that knows the least about NYC, it only makes sense that I be the one to arrange the pre-show gathering! Actually, I had some help from my good friend Bob Plass, and we've come up with a time and location that we think will please the majority. Rather than wasting anymore of the list's time, I suggest that anyone interested in joining us, drop me a note and I'll add you to the list of names. When I've recieved all the names, I'll send out a group email outlining our plans, complete with directions, and any other pertinant information. That is all for now. Have a lovely day. Alex, who also won on the Linnell chat! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199702120447.WAA19389@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: The Tribute Album Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 22:07:17 -0600 Did Linnell ever answer that question of if he approved it? I saw where he said the consience bit, but perhaps the question was not completely understood by the admin or someone else. Either way, I am interested in purchasing/donating/sacrificing a CD of the WMBGT album when it is finished.. Mike "I'd sing if I had a band, a voice, and a recorder" Leffel maleffel@ncfcomm.com Flnsburgh of EFnet IRC A cartoonist in Limbo ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199702120447.WAA19385@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: to chat or not to chat Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 22:00:46 -0600 ---------- > From: Kmsog@aol.com > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: TMBG: to chat or not to chat > Date: Tuesday, February 11, 1997 6:25 PM > > > > is anyone else ready to scream in total frustration b/c they cant get set up > for the chat? ack!!! > -- jen I got *ON* it and I wanted to scream in frustration! Mike "I asked the Simpsons Question" Leffel maleffel@ncfcomm.com Flnsburgh of Efnet IRC ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 18:08:35 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970211180536_-1375160333@emout11.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: re:tmbg cartoon > well flansburg wants to sing like a girl.... Actually, Mr. Flansburgh can almost sing like a girl. (Listen to "Nixon's the One" off of Mono Puff's "Unsupervised" and see if I'm not right.) >> If you think he sounds like a girl on that one, I read that Flans sings "Since You've Joined the Corporation" on the Hello the Band cd, and, well, if you've heard that one, you know what I mean! Kay, *ahem* 31 and counting ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 23:59:05 -0400 (EDT) From: Fransburgh Subject: Re: TMBG: re:tmbg cartoon Message-id: > > well flansburg wants to sing like a girl.... > > Actually, Mr. Flansburgh can almost sing like a girl. (Listen to > "Nixon's the One" off of Mono Puff's "Unsupervised" and see if I'm not > right.) >> ooh, ooh! i'm posting! :) i've been around for a while, though i'm sure not many of you know me :) Flans can very much sing like a girl...isn't there something in the FAQ or some interview about how flans had to "sing like girl" to do the 2nd version of "(she was a) hotel detective" live...and, boy, you should've seen him go at fairfax last july! he sang "how can i sing like a girl?" in his falsetto! (matt james can verify!) :) it remains my favorite version of that song...true to the meaning! see you! --fran(sburgh) ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 00:41:36 -0500 (EST) From: The Demonic Kangaroo Subject: TMBG: SIMPSONS!!!!!!!!! Message-ID: >No, we can't be! Please, somebody say they saw it too! I saw it alright, but it didnt look exactly like the squid on Apollo 18... it was upside down, with tentacles in different positions and it looked cartoony with a smile on its face rather then a realistic looking squid. I think it was just a plain ol squid. ------------------------------ From: "Tim Clark" Subject: TMBG: The New Record? Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 00:54:31 -0500 Message-Id: <199702120556.4377000@rma.edu> The record will be done by the summer? Are they gonna wait 2 years after that to release it?! --Tim Clark Come visit The Graveyard:http://www.geocities.com/Athens/5724 Home of the Official They Might Be Giants Web Ring ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 00:59:30 -0500 (EST) From: Nathan Smith Subject: TMBG: Singing n' such Message-ID: Actually, what I heard about Flans and his falsetto is that they actually sped up his voice for, I want to say, She Was A Hotel... the new version. In reality, he can sing high, but not that high. Also, on a compilation note..... There is a Ska band by the name of "Bruce Lee Band". (for any of you skankers out there, I think it is the sax player from Skankin' Pickle) Anyway, they do a cover of "She's an Angel." It is O.K. for a cover.For those of you that bought the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers soundtrack for Sensuround, then you mine as well go get this one. If you are a Ska fan like I am, then it is a must. Other than that, it is just an info point. If you want to buy it, Bruce Lee Band is on Dell records, along with Skankin' Pickle and a couple other good bands. Skank n' File ---===Nathan nathasm@bgnet.bgsu.edu===--- ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-42 *****************************