Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-57 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 57 Wednesday, 26 February 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: OMLT Reminder TMBG: The Communist Faux Pas TMBG: "Perfect Timing" or "How I Could Have Been Killed In New York TMBG: wristwatches, IP CD.. Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg: MST3K and KITH Re: TMBG: The Communist Faux Pas Re: TMBG: Unreleased songs????? TMBG: kilts TMBG: Flans mono theft TMBG: moan moan TMBG: alt.music.tmbg TMBG: The E is for Eloof, actually TMBG: Disembodied Heads (none) TMBG: To spicey for ya TMBG: head TMBG: My Evil Twin (revisited?) TMBG: ripped strings RE: TMBG:What happened to tmbg.com TMBG: tmbg.com problems TMBG: Non-Tmbg: MST3K and KITH TMBG: CARDS TMBG: re scott, cards (none) TMBG: I don't want to push the point but.. TMBG:Then, HELP TMBG: I don't want to push the point but.. TMBG: Band mix-ups TMBG: best DAS TMBG: Semi TMBG related... TMBG: CDs Re: TMBG: "Perfect Timing" or "How I Could Have Been Killed In TMBG: Tape trees? TMBG: Writstwatches, IP 21st show.. RE: TMBG: best DAS TMBG: Card Page - Oh, BTW Re: TMBG: flans' nice gesture, phone, brain candy, flans dream, bbc Re: TMBG: Band mix-ups Re: TMBG: kilts Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg: MST3K and KITH RE: TMBG: kilts TMBG: wrist watches/CDs Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg: MST3K and KITH TMBG: comparison to King missile Re: TMBG: Guess what I just did RE: TMBG: Non-Tmbg: MST3K and KITH TMBG: Spider Re: TMBG: kilts Re: TMBG: Irving Plaza CDs Re: TMBG: "Perfect Timing" or "How I Could Have Been Killed In New York TMBG: IP CD Headcount Re: TMBG: I don't want to push the point but.. Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg: MST3K and KITH RE: TMBG: Spider Re: TMBG: Guess what I just did TMBG: "They Got Lost" Re: TMBG: "They Got Lost" TMBG: TMBG Simpsons Ref. (Well not really...) TMBG: TMBG TIDBIT Re: TMBG: Spider Re: TMBG: "They Got Lost" Re: TMBG: kilts Re: TMBG: Spider Re: TMBG: Irving Plaza CDs Re: TMBG: Spider Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg: MST3K and KITH TMBG: mst, whirlpool, katz, rightie Re: TMBG: "They Got Lost" TMBG: news.tmbg.org TMBG: Previously unreleased songs available on the web. Re: TMBG: best DAS CARD/AKA: TMBG: in a Milk ad...done! :D TMBG: tmbg-like performer (none) Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg: MST3K and KITH Re: TMBG: "They Got Lost" TMBG: I'm BaaaaaaaaAAAAck! TMBG: Clarissa? Re: TMBG: Clarissa? TMBG: TMBG TIDBIT Re: TMBG: Spider Re: TMBG: "Perfect Timing" or "How I Could Have Been Killed In Re: TMBG: TMBG TIDBIT Re: TMBG: Spider Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <199702250717.BAA22039@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: OMLT Reminder Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 01:11:39 -0600 ---------- > From: Kevin McGuire > To: Mike Leffel > Subject: Re: TMBG: OMLT Reminder > Date: Tuesday, February 25, 1997 12:08 AM > > I said COMMUNIST, not martian. And I hope you were joking. If you > were, I laughed, but if you were not, then I seriously worry about you. > > Please say you were joking. I would just like to say to Kevin and everyone that I was JOKING!!!!!! I tend to utter things like that in voices that insult people who use those kind of insults seriously, and I can see that it just does not translate well in text! I am sorry for any offense I have caused, as I was all in my joking demeanor! SORRY!!!!!!!!! Mike "Thank god I wasn't doing my nazi schtick" Leffel maleffel@ncfcomm.com Poster Boy of the Accidental Offenders ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199702250740.BAA22242@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: The Communist Faux Pas Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 01:35:20 -0600 This is not TMBG related. I recently offended Kevin McGuire, I believe as I made a comment that I thought sounded silly, but I guess it sounded like something else. I'd like to reinsist that *I WAS ONLY JOKING* in my own peculiar way about communism. I meant nothing. I was merely doing what I do and I can't really explain it better than that. I am no political zealot. I have no racial problems. I am not a freak (in that way, at least). I am Mike Leffel. I am not Joe McCarthy. I am no blackballer. I am one damn open minded fool. Sure, if you screw me over I'll hate you until the end of time, but I AM NOT PREDJUDICED AGAINST ANYONE FOR ANY REASON!!!!! DO YOU HEAR?!?!?! I WAS ONLY JOKING!!!!!!!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Mike "I hope that is settled and you called off the hitman" Leffel ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 02:49:11 -0500 (EST) Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970225025243.22af1d78@postoffice.yorku.ca> From: "The Famous Mr. Klaw" Subject: TMBG: "Perfect Timing" or "How I Could Have Been Killed In New York Hi folks! So after sorting through over 200 messages, 90% of which were about fake trading cards, I finally get a chance to post about my weekend in New York City and the TMBG concert at the Irving Plaza. I will warn you that this post is long, but the ending should make up for it...so please, read on: My trip started on Thrusday night in Toronto ('cause that's where I live) where I boarded a bus bound for New York City. But this was no ordinary bus...no. You see, this bus was full or Russian-Jewish Seniors. That's right, I had to spend 10 hours sitting next to some fat guy who had a rather unpleasant odour to him. At one point during the trip, I awoke to discover that this lovely gentleman next to me had removed his socks and unbuttoned his pants! I guess he was more comfortable that way. Needless to say I didn't sleep much from that point on... I arrived in New York at around 8:30 Friday morning, and promply made my way to Bob Plass' apartament building. When I arrived, I was horrified to discover that Bob was not home! Lovely. I'm in New York City for three days, with no place to stay. Luckily, this panicked state didn't last long, for after a short fifteen minute wait in the lobby, Bob showed up and it was smooth sailing from then on...mostly. After breakfast and a nap (to make up for all the lost sleep on the bus), Bob and I went over to The Irving Plaza where I was able to pick up my prize from the Linnell chat. While waiting, we were lucky enough to meet Sujan, who was the moderator for the chat. She gave me my prize, which was the Then CD sampler, and an Irving Plaza poster with the IP dates, and a shot of the Johns doing their Frankenstein stance. She was also nice enough to sell Bob one of those posters, just 'cause he asked. It looked as though we arrived there at just the right time to meet her, and get all that cool stuff. We joined the already growing line up and started to meet people from the list. I breifly met Dan E. Boy and his group (Jordan, Josh(?), etc...) who were right at the front. I also found Cortney, and we all know what happened to her...man, she must be the luckiest girl in the world, I tell ya! Other people I said 'hi' to were Adam Rubens, who drove all the way from Florida, the ever cuddly Boba, everyone's friend Brooksie, everyone's other friend Liz, Mike Wood from Toronto (ironic that I meet him in a different country...), and Matt James, which was a total surprise for me since I had been told repeatedly that he wasn't coming! Matt, you bastard!! I'm sure I met more people, I'm just forgeting who you were...sorry. Anyway, after a long wait, we were finally allowed into the building. I quickly made my way up to the balcony, since I didn't feel like getting killed on the floor that night. I got a great spot centered with the stage right up against the barrier. On the walls of the balcony were taped Then: The Earlier Years posters, about the size and shape of a record cover. Most were hanging low enough that people on the floor were able to jump and and grab one, and pretty soon, most of them were claimed. There were, however, a few hanging on the walls of the VIP section that were unaccessable by pretty much everyone. In another moment of perfect timing, I was able to walk right into the VIP section, since the security guard went to take a leak or something. I snatched three posters...one for me, one for Mike Rose (who couldn't make it to the show) and one for good luck. I also threw three extra posters into the crowd below...'cause I'm such a nice guy. While waiting for the show to begin, I made friends with the sound guy, since I was standing right behind him. I also met Shane M. Ham, who is a really great guy...I just wish he would post more! Anyway...after a little while, Briand Dewan came out and did a 25 minute set that everyone seemed to enjoy. None of the songs he performed were from his album, but it didn't matter, since they were all excellent anyway. The Chainsaw Kittens blew. Then TMBG took the stage, and all was well with the world. The first set was pure bliss as TMBG reached back in time and pulled out all Their classics. Some of the more memorable moments included: the 'goofy' version of Number 3 which is difficult to describe for those who don't know what I mean. Basically, the tuba part is replaced a fast-paced xylophone-type instrument that sounds totally hilarious. Flans played the harmonica during 32 Footsteps, but during parts of the song where the harmonica wasn't needed, Flans would toss it into the air and just let it slam back down on the stage. Why he did this is anybody's guess. They actually played Cage and Aquarium, which I think I've only heard live on *one* bootleg...and I've got lots! At the end of The Famous Polka, Flans snapped all but one of his guitar strings...he played the rest of the song on the one remaining string. Linnell's hands were a blur for The Famous Polka as he totally freaked out on his accordian solos. My favourite quote of the evening would have to be Flans' warning about the presidential love cannon: "Close your eyes, it's filled with pellets!" There was a very surreal moment during Exquisite Dead Guy when the Johns were joined by a third puppet head from the audience. Someone extened what looked like a ventriloquist dummy head into the air and started to 'sing' along with the Johns. Flans lowered his puppet head to try and kiss the one in the crowd...it was very odd. Istanbul had a trombone opening by Dan Levine, instead of the usual Jim O'Conner trumpet opening. The Spy improv was started by Flans but was passed on to Linnell so that they could perform I Am Not Your Broom. Lucky Boba got Flans' lyric sheet complete with Flans' dental records. All in all, a dream come true! Great show. As soon as the show ended, I leaned over to my new friend the sound guy, and asked him for the set list that was lying on the sound board. He gave it to me, and I was happy. After the show, a few of us (Bob, Cortney, and others) waited by the stage entrance in the hopes of meeting some of the band members. Graham Maby came out and signed my Then poster. I asked him about Brian Doherty and he told me that the two of them are still friends, and have been for a long time. In fact, he told me that Brian was the one that recommened Graham to the Johns...so there. While I was chatting with Graham, Linnell *ran* out of the building and literally vapourized! He was gone within seconds and nobody knew where he went. The alien theories are becoming more and more plausible. I also got autographs from Dan Levine and Jim O'Conner, as well as Briand Dewan! I passed on the Chainsaw Kittens. Flans totally faked everyone out by leaving through a different door which happened to be behind us. He ran out, jumped into his car, and drove off. Nevertheless, my timing was pretty good in getting all those other autographs. I guess that's all the really interesting stuff about the show that I can remember. I was very lucky in getting all that really great stuff...the CD, the posters, the set list, the autographs. But my luck hadn't run out yet. On Sunday afternoon, Bob and I decided to go to the top of the Empire State Building so that I could feel like a real tourist in New York City. We were up there from around 4:00pm to 4:30pm. After that, we got something to eat, and then headed back to his place so that I could pack and get ready to go home. As I rode in the taxi to the bus station, I heard on the radio that at around 5:00pm, a mere half hour after Bob and I left the observation deck of the Empire State Building, a crazed gunman started shooting people up there! He killed one person, wounded six, and finally turned the gun on himself. He died three hours later. So there you go, kids. If we had woken up half an hour later on Sunday, I might not be here writing this ridiculously long post. I'd have to say that my timing on this trip was pretty damn good. I got to meet a bunch of totally excellent people, saw one of the best TMBG shows ever, got a ton of great stuff, and avoided death! Who could ask for more? I sure can't. Alex ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 03:23:01 -0500 (EST) From: Beth Connell Subject: TMBG: wristwatches, IP CD.. Message-ID: I too am a lefty. And I wear my watch on my right wrist when it actually is working..which it's not at the moment. Re: IP CD..me too! me too! And if that doesn't work, I'll happily do a 4:1 tape trade fro the show. No, I'm not desparate. Really. (pant pant drool drool) Beth and her brand new sig! -<*>- http://www.cgicafe.com/~soulfire | "I want to raise my freak flag higher and higher..." -TMBG | "Rock Climbing, Joel. Rock Climbing." -Tom Servo, MST3K | "I love humans. Always seeing patterns in things that aren't there." -Dr. Who (8th Doctor) | Odangos, anyone? -<*>- ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 03:12:01 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg: MST3K and KITH Message-ID: On Mon, 24 Feb 1997, The Notorious R.O.B wrote: > Moving on to MST3K, I got my fan club letter and card (which I laminated, > #77477) today and I feel unfullfilled only seeing 4 episodes of the most > current series. I am looking for an individual who has some older episodes > (specifically MANOS and Mitchell, as I have heard these are quite good.) I > have nothing to offer but my extremmely extensive collection of They > bootlegs. So please, if you have any MST3K on tape, even from this season, > (excluding the mole people one, which I got.) please respond. Becasue I'm > desperate, and I may leave the basement if I run out of ideas. > Gosh, I feel so...old fannish...my MiSTie number is 14672, and I keep seeing these numbers in the 70,000's...yeek! I have some episodes on tape, but I will concur that Mano, the hands of fate, and Mitchell are good episodes...but nothing compared to "Pod People," "Fugitive Alien II" (He tried to kill him witha forklift, ole! Torgo's got nothin' on Ken, from Valna-Star!) and "Gamera" and "Lost Continent" Ah, those were the days, second season, third season, gold! I will check with my tape log as I am definitely interested in trading for TMBG boots! _______> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <_____ // \\ // "Will she shoot you? She won't have to- you're already dead." \\ -They Might Be Giants, "She Was a Hotel Detective" They Might Be Giants + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199702250847.CAA22903@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: The Communist Faux Pas Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 02:42:07 -0600 ---------- > From: Mike Leffel > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: TMBG: The Communist Faux Pas > Date: Tuesday, February 25, 1997 1:35 AM > > This is not TMBG related. I recently offended Kevin > McGuire, I believe as I made a comment that I thought > sounded silly, but I guess it sounded like something else. > DEAR GOD I CANNOT DO ANYTHING RIGHT TONIGHT!!! You can also include Queen Sneepy in this Apology!!!! I'M SORRY!!! I DIDN'T MEAN ANYTHING AT ALL!!! GAAAAA! > > I am Mike Leffel. I am not Joe McCarthy. I am no > blackballer. I am one damn open minded fool. Sure, > if you screw me over I'll hate you until the end of time, > but I AM NOT PREDJUDICED AGAINST ANYONE > FOR ANY REASON!!!!! DO YOU HEAR?!?!?! > > > > > I WAS ONLY JOKING!!!!!!!!!!! > > GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! > > > > Mike "I hope that is settled and you called off the hitman" Leffel Mike "I'm going to not say anything to anyone for a long time. I am the Black bolt." Leffel (*) Just to avoid offending another sect, The Black Bolt is a Marvel Comics Character who cannot speak for if he does something bad will happen. I don't know the details so look it up for yourself. I AM NOT A RACIST!!!!! I AM NOT!!!!! ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 22:09:27 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: Unreleased songs????? Message-ID: On Sun, 23 Feb 1997 TmbgManiac@aol.com wrote: > Does anybody know any web sites where you can download unreleased TMBG songs? > As far as I know, the only place is Dial-A-Song Online at tmbg.com, but it apparently hasn't been updated in a while... _______> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <_____ // \\ // "Will she shoot you? She won't have to- you're already dead." \\ -They Might Be Giants, "She Was a Hotel Detective" They Might Be Giants + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ From: ss5bayvs@cr47c.staffs.ac.uk Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 12:25:27 +0100 Message-Id: <97022512252753@cr47c.staffs.ac.uk> Subject: TMBG: kilts Well Doug I AGREE with you they are not skirts they are indeed kilts, I did't want to confuse the issue with national dress (no pun intended). But to your averageoutsider they would look like skirts. Clothing conventions are another means of oppression! more men in tights, skirtskilts whatever they want they can borrow my mascara any time. yv ------------------------------ From: ss5bayvs@cr47c.staffs.ac.uk Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 12:55:59 +0100 Message-Id: <97022512555901@cr47c.staffs.ac.uk> Subject: TMBG: Flans mono theft Has anyone noticed the simlarity between the song HEY PAULA by Paul and Paula and the Flans song Don't I have the right, esp the choures of the former and the last choures, (DIHTR to be loved) they are one and the very same. Yvonne Face it it's not very civilised, yeah we could walk but I'd rather drive she said. ------------------------------ From: ss5bayvs@cr47c.staffs.ac.uk Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 13:08:24 +0100 Message-Id: <97022513082466@cr47c.staffs.ac.uk> Subject: TMBG: moan moan BOLLOCKS! I appear to have just deleted all my mail from yesterday. Is there any way I can get it sent to me again ? or will I have to suffer ? Yv ------------------------------ Date: 25 Feb 1997 13:27:37 GMT From: "Royce M. Lee" Message-ID: <01bc2317$4e2ca560$2ac76ccb@royce> Organization: Parvenu Design Subject: TMBG: alt.music.tmbg Anyone else also on the NG? I haven't been able to download anything or see any headers for three days. Help, what's happening? -- Royce M. Lee parvenu@ozemail.com.au This message sent using the FirstClass SMTP/NNTP Gateway for Mac OS. Well, not really :-) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970225135302.00666970@uc.campus.mci.net> Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 08:53:02 -0500 From: Kelley Kent Subject: TMBG: The E is for Eloof, actually Humble appologies. I misread Kelly Mazzonne's. She was referring to the list of left-handers. Sorry. I thought andy wrote the message and Kelly wanted to join THIS list. D'oh. Again, I'm sorry. It's just I don't think I've seen a message from you, so I assumed you were a newbie. But you can still use that helpful hint, though. Kelley, um . . . .uh, Kent (kkent@uc.campus.mci.net) 20 year old colege right-handed MALE ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19970225141012.006cbfe4@mail.vt.edu> Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 09:10:12 -0500 From: "Mr. Horrible" Subject: TMBG: Disembodied Heads >>Another common theme in TMBG songs is decapitation! Really! Here are >>some of the songs I thought of regarding missing heads: > > -Till My Head Falls Off > -When Tornadoes Take Over the World ("and your friends will be swirling, > right above your disembodied head...") > -Mrs. Train ("I don't want to be first in line to see the missing head") >Hall of Heads? I don't know what it means, but it sounds like a possibility Also: Where Your Eyes Don't Go ("when the skull head is in front of you") Turn Around Sleeping In the Flowers ("he taught me how to spin my head 'round") * rev. jonathan m. scott (mrhorrible@foo.org) * http://www.foo.org/jon/index.html * "Throw off those chains of Reason and your prison disappears." ------------------------------ Message-Id: <9702251431.AA21532@uvm-gen.emba.uvm.edu> Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 09:17:00 -0500 From: ntodd@uvm-gen.emba.uvm.edu (Nathan Todd) >I just got hte meatpuppets CD with the original version of >Whirlpool on it and i would definatley suggest getting that CD. it rocks >and the song has more lyrics than the version that linnel sings. Yes! It is called Forbidden Places, and the album majorly kic** ass. Whirlpool is great with the additional lyrics, and the rest of the album rocks as well. >The Valentines Day one will basically just have live versions of songs from >the upcoming album (i hope), but the 21st has updated live versions of all >our old favorites! (I'd prefer... um.... I CAN'T DECIDE!!!) If we have to choose between them, we have to go with the 21st show... It has all sorts of cool stuff, and the redone live versions of the older tunes are better to have than the newer stuff, IMO. >Those recordable CDs are what, $10? And 73 minutes of music... If >whoever was recording them for everyone made a profit (as I'm sure he'd >like to) I'd be okay with that. (However, that would be less legal than >just charging fo cost + shipping) Oh well... Well, whoever was doing it could just charge for shipping & *handling* and thus could get recompensated a bit for all the time it will take...this would be one damn big project. Of course, It would be up to whoever would be doing it... (is there anyone interested yet? >Does anyone remember The State? It was probably one of the few >quality shows that ever left the MTV executives. I remember that it was >often compared to KITH in it's time, but I had never heard of KITH. So >anyway, what happened to the state, I found it extremely funny The state was sooooo awesome! I really didn't get many chances to see it and really don't know what happend to it, but it really had some great moments... >I would just like all of you to know, yes I am a communist, no I am not >evil, and that I find the term commie really offensive. Okay, I'll try to use less offensive terms....umm...communist bastard! Me, who hates communism almost as much as nazi germany, which i hates a lot, i tell ya. Nathan Todd a.k.a. Tenman *~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~www.emba.uvm.edu/~ntodd~~~~> "Daylight fading Come and waste another year All the anger and the eloquence are bleeding into fear Moonlight creeping around the corners of our lawn When we see the early signs that daylight's fading We leave just before it's gone" -Daylight Fading, the Counting Crows ------------------------------ From: ss5bayvs@cr47c.staffs.ac.uk Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 14:26:40 +0100 Message-Id: <97022514264037@cr47c.staffs.ac.uk> Subject: TMBG: To spicey for ya Since I started this I should at least try and sort it out. We wil not apologise for Bush, (at first i thought you meant the pres,nothing to do with meBesides he married his mother)Bush only broke through here after "making it" state side We haven't forgiven you for: new kids on the block,bruce springsteen,mad micko jackson, ELVIS, tom hanks, ------------------------------ From: ss5bayvs@cr47c.staffs.ac.uk Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 14:38:58 +0100 Message-Id: <97022514385848@cr47c.staffs.ac.uk> Subject: TMBG: head giving, recieving,spinning,decap's, looking through keyholes,last head head head head head head it's all rock'n roll to me YV Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 08:29:58 -0500 From: Kelley Kent Subject: TMBG: My Evil Twin (revisited?) >>You can add me to the list as well..... >> >>Kelly Hmmmm . . . I am assuming that you are female. At least I hope so. I pity the other man whose parent's gave him a "girlie" name. So like the 2 Jens we have on here, just try to remember to distinguish between the 2 Kell(e)y's. Here's a helpful hint: I spell it K-E-L-L-E-Y. ^^^ That extra 'E' gives me my masculinity. :) At least that's what I keep telling myself. Oh, pardon my rudeness: welcome to the list, Kelly. Kelley Kent (kkent@uc.campus.mci.net) 20 year old college MALE ------------RANDOM SIMPSON'S QUOTE OF THE DAY:------------ "That's Santa, alright. And he's kicking ass!" - Bart * ---------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9702251523.AA22709@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: ripped strings Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 10:23:18 -0500 (EST) Actually, at the end of the first set at IP Flans only actually ripped out 4 of his 6 strings, I took a closer look because it did look like 5 at first. I had thought, 'how's he going to play a song on just string?' and indeed he was using his pick to go between the 2 strings he had left. It was rather interested and seemed like a complicated bit of playing for even 2 strings. Matt -- upcoming concerts: Robyn Hitchcock- 8x10, Baltimore 3/5 (maybe) Blur-Black Cat, Washington, DC 3/9 James-Royal Court Theater, Liverpool, England, 3/27 TMBG-Western MD College,Westminster 4/18 Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG:What happened to tmbg.com Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 08:08:02 -0800 >---------- >From: FuzzyMonk Inc.[SMTP:chsexton@vt.edu] >Sent: Monday, February 24, 1997 11:53 AM >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG:What happened to tmbg.com > >All I wanna know is what happened to TMBG.com? I too cannot get on to that >ever elusive page o love > I can get into it just fine. Everything pops up instantly. Course, I'm on a T3 here... (: Jesse ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199702251621.LAA16060@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: tmbg.com problems Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 11:21:33 -0500 (EST) I moved the machine that hosts tmbg.com (and tmbg.org) last week. It was also down for most of sunday due to some network maintance. If anyone is having problems now accessing tmbg.com or tmbg.org please let me know. I'd like to track down any remaining problems. -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: TMBG: Non-Tmbg: MST3K and KITH Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 08:28:07 -0800 >---------- >From: Queen Sneepy[SMTP:smelliot@indiana.edu] >Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 1997 12:12 AM >To: The Notorious R.O.B >Cc: tmbg-list@tmbg.com >Subject: Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg: MST3K and KITH > >Gosh, I feel so...old fannish...my MiSTie number is 14672, and I keep >seeing these numbers in the 70,000's...yeek! I have some episodes on >tape, but I will concur that Mano, the hands of fate, and Mitchell are >good episodes...but nothing compared to "Pod People," "Fugitive Alien II" > >YES! Pod People (The actual title on the film looks like it says >"POO People") is BY FAR my favorite MST3k episode. I >must've seen it, oh, about 30 times now? (: > >"Trumpy! You can do STUPID things!" > >"Billy! You stop warping time and space this instant!" > >Sorry. (: > > >Jesse > ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 10:52:30 -0600 (CST) From: Scott Murry Subject: TMBG: CARDS Message-ID: Hi, I have three card ideas to suggest (If nobody likes 'em I'm sorry but I'm in a severe state of depression-not suicidal don't worry): # whatever untitled John & John bask in the glow of each others majestic presence. # whatever "They violence" XTC and Triangle Man vs. Adam Ant and Particle Man. # -1 "Tokkin Back" The Hidden Card. GGGGGGGG A N N DDDD A L FFFFFFF G A A NN N D D A A L F G A A N N N D D A A L F G GGG AAAAAAA N N N D D AAAAAAA L FFFFFF G G A A N N N D D A A L F G G A A N NN D D A A L F GGGGGGGG A A N N DDDD A A LLLLLLL F "The boy from LouisiAna(Ng)" ------------------------------ From: ss5bayvs@cr47c.staffs.ac.uk Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 17:20:10 +0100 Message-Id: <97022517201086@cr47c.staffs.ac.uk> Subject: TMBG: re scott, cards >John and John basking in the glow of each others majestic presence this could be a messy card Is it scratch and sniff ------------------------------ From: ss5bayvs@cr47c.staffs.ac.uk Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 17:25:03 +0100 Message-Id: <97022517250384@cr47c.staffs.ac.uk> kiss, motley crue? need I go on? No okay.The defence rests. ------------------------------ From: ss5bayvs@cr47c.staffs.ac.uk Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 17:33:06 +0100 Message-Id: <97022517330662@cr47c.staffs.ac.uk> Subject: TMBG: I don't want to push the point but.. If we are talking legal age of consent over here (U.K) for sexx (and if you are hetro) is 16 (drinking is 18 we are all under age drinkers with no formal I.D and merrily breeding) So out of curiosity and nothing more how about you yankies? And that is before we argue about the biological possibilites of fatherhood. A pinkie A pankie A little yellow hanky YV ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33132BDB.27F8@mixcom.com> Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 12:13:48 -0600 From: Matt Mantsch Subject: TMBG:Then, HELP would ANYONe be willing to help me find a copy of the THEN demo cd's I can't get one and I'll be willing to pay any(reasonable) costs, please respond to me personally -- VooDoo Ben--MattM@Mixcom.com 25 Hours a day--6 Days a week --- " And the cow says: MOOOooooo! " (Fisher-Price See & Say) --- ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9702251825.AA22864@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: I don't want to push the point but.. Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 13:25:14 -0500 (EST) > If we are talking legal age of consent over here (U.K) for sexx (and if you are > hetro) is 16 (drinking is 18 we are all under age drinkers with no formal I.D and merrily breeding) > So out of curiosity and nothing more how about you yankies? > And that is before we argue about the biological possibilites of fatherhood. > What about the clones, will they have legal ages? Will their sheep be able to drink? -- upcoming concerts: Robyn Hitchcock- 8x10, Baltimore 3/5 (maybe) Blur-Black Cat, Washington, DC 3/9 James-Royal Court Theater, Liverpool, England, 3/27 TMBG-Western MD College,Westminster 4/18 Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19970225183141.006cb550@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 10:31:41 -0800 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: Band mix-ups Ahoy So today I was talking to a random person in my math class, and I mention TMBG. She says, "Oh, yeah, they're the ones who did 'Detachable Penis', right?" The funny thing is, that was maybe the third or fourth time I'd heard someone say that. Is this (the TMBG-King Missle mixup, I mean) a nationwide epidemic? Why do non-fans find them so similar, to the point of confusion? What little King Missle I've heard doesn't sound like They... --nicole the wonder nerd p.s. Thanks, everyone, for the massive outpouring of sympathy after the demise of my FS cd. Apparently I sounded way more distraught than I actually was... I meant the tone of the post to be "D'OH!" rather than "I am contemplating defenestration." I'm back to my old cheerful self again, and I'll get a new copy as soon as my finances allow. *** "I resemble only half the things I say I don't. The other half resemble me." --James Thurber Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org nnicole@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9702251844.AA22891@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: best DAS Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 13:44:41 -0500 (EST) I think my favorite DAS song is Next Plane to London, how about yours? Matt -- upcoming concerts: Robyn Hitchcock- 8x10, Baltimore 3/5 (maybe) Blur-Black Cat, Washington, DC 3/9 James-Royal Court Theater, Liverpool, England, 3/27 TMBG-Western MD College,Westminster 4/18 Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: Kamesennin@aol.com Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 14:56:50 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970225145648_-971503892@emout03.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Semi TMBG related... << We haven't forgiven you for: new kids on the block,bruce springsteen,mad micko jackson, ELVIS, tom hanks, >> I hardly think Elvis or Bruce need apologies. Now as for NKOTB...we are prepeared to offer you New Jersey, Connecticuit (the middle C is silent!) and a small portion of Rhode Island in hopes of forgiveness. And if that isn't enough, we'll send money, and lots of it, at that! -Kamesennin "In the Ana Ng video, are John and John wearing what the Beatles wore in "Help!" ?" Geoff. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970225145959.007b5c20@mail.ee.net> Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 14:59:59 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: CDs >>The Valentines Day one will basically just have live versions of songs from >>the upcoming album (i hope), but the 21st has updated live versions of all >>our old favorites! (I'd prefer... um.... I CAN'T DECIDE!!!) > >If we have to choose between them, we have to go with the 21st show... It >has all sorts of cool stuff, and the redone live versions of the older tunes >are better to have than the newer stuff, IMO. > Mee Too!! :) Well, anyhow, that's what I'm leaning towards now, and yes, there is someone willing to do this. >>I would just like all of you to know, yes I am a communist, no I am not >>evil, and that I find the term commie really offensive. > >Okay, I'll try to use less offensive terms....umm...communist bastard! > >Me, who hates communism almost as much as nazi germany, which i hates a lot, >i tell ya. Communism works in theory... And hey, capitalism isn't perfect. (But Don't Let's Start a political disscusion) -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970225151113.008317a0@mail.ee.net> Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 15:11:13 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: "Perfect Timing" or "How I Could Have Been Killed In At 02:49 AM 2/25/97 -0500, The Famous Mr. Klaw wrote: >>>Istanbul had a trombone opening by Dan Levine, instead of the usual Jim O'Conner trumpet opening.<<< Cool! Of course, that's me just back from band... (shutup, silly band person) Well, anyhow, after reading that post I REALLY want to see this CD project go through. -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199702252012.PAA14450@ginger.vnet.net> Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 15:12:33 EST From: The Chair is Not my Son Subject: TMBG: Tape trees? Hi, all! I have seen so many requests for tapes of the recent IP show that I am wondering if anyone with a good-quality tape would like to offer it as a seed for a tape tree. Many of you will probably know what that is; in case some don't, here's a brief description of what that is. Basically, somebody with a high-quality tape offers it as a "seed"; a person with good audio equipment takes that seed and makes copies (DAT, if possible, but I doubt many of us here will have that capability). These copies then go to "branches" -- people willing to make multiple copies to pass on. There can be many layers of branches, but eventually you get down to "leaves" -- folks who can't (or don't want to) make copies for others. In this way, one good tape can make many people happy, and all it takes is a few folks with decent copying capability and someone willing to administer the tree. The administrator usually tries to hook up branches and leaves in the same geographical area, to minimize travel time and potential tape damage. Typically, trades or blank tapes are exchanged; trades are fun, but anyone on the tree should be willing to work for pean-- er, blanks. :) *** Anyway, I'd like to put this out for discussion, to see if there is enough interest in treeing one or more recent shows -- or even past shows. If there is, I volunteer to administrate any such tree. What do y'all think? Moo, =] Carl Hudkins + chud[@]vnet.net [Team OS/2] + http://users.vnet.net/chud/ [y ] ^= Evolution in progress! [t =] This is the last song; [h ] go home now and rest And we're never gonna tour again [e =] --Mystery Box --They Might Be Giants [r ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 15:24:07 -0500 (EST) From: Beth Connell Subject: TMBG: Writstwatches, IP 21st show.. Message-ID: I'm yet another lefty, so I wear my wristwatch on my right wrist. Always have. Never though any different.. OBTMBG: I know you've all heard this done to death already, but please put me on the list of people to be contacted for a copy of the Irving Plaza show on the 21st. (tape, CD, whatever) I'm afraid all I can offer is blank tapes, but I'm willing to do a 3:1 or even 4:1 trade if that's what it takes.. Beth (lets hope I can get this through this time: last time it told me there were too many hops..) -<*>- http://www.cgicafe.com/~soulfire | "I want to raise my freak flag higher and higher..." -TMBG | "Rock Climbing, Joel. Rock Climbing." -Tom Servo, MST3K | "I love humans. Always seeing patterns in things that aren't there." -Dr. Who (8th Doctor) | Odangos, anyone? -<*>- ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: best DAS Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 12:30:25 -0800 >---------- >From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu[SMTP:mjames@envy.loyola.edu] >Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 1997 10:44 AM >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: best DAS > >I think my favorite DAS song is Next Plane to London, how about yours? >Matt I don't dial Dial-A-Song. Something about it being a big long distance bill from Seattle to Brooklyn. So I'm stuck with relying on the lovely internet page. *sniff* So, of course, I cherish each one, and store it lovingly on my hard drive for regular replay. (: Jesse ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: TMBG: Card Page - Oh, BTW Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 12:31:59 -0800 The update tonight will occur very late (We're talking probably around 10pm PST) since I won't be getting home until then. The Official "John-Jesse-John Photoshoot" card ------------------------------ From: SquirlHead@aol.com Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 15:44:36 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970225154435_-971488253@emout17.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: flans' nice gesture, phone, brain candy, flans dream, bbc >I am copying Brain Candy for a friend in England... How? Don't they have different vcr's there? ~Dan E. Boy ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 15:48:10 -0500 (EST) From: MIKE Subject: Re: TMBG: Band mix-ups Message-ID: "So today I was talking to a random person in my math class,and Imention TMBG. She says, "Oh, yeah, they're the ones who did 'Detachable Penis', right?... What little King Missle I've heard doesn't sound like They..." how very odd...i've never heard of confusion between the two, and im huge fans of both...generally, the only way to get a person to know what group youre talking about when you mention King Missile is to say "you know, the group that did detachable penis" (which is a same, because John S. Hall has many songs that are much better...) as for it not sounding the same, all the record released on Atlantic (happy hour, king missile, way to salvation) i would agree--theyre much harder sounding...Mystical Shit, which I consider their best album, does have at least a little bit of tmbg-ness to it, i suppose, though of course a lot of it is spoken word which tmbg doesnt do...and the earlier albums are sort of the same way... shoehorn with teeth mike ps.. i have a little useless trivia section about the similarities between the two... KING MISSILE HOMEPAGE : http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/2441/ ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 13:08:19 -0800 (PST) Message-Id: <199702252108.NAA24702@f10.hotmail.com> From: "Anastasia Hunt" Subject: Re: TMBG: kilts >Subject: TMBG: kilts I dare John and John to wear kilts. Publicly. blooey (Short for Bluething) Another annoying message from Saint Ana the Suave Prod. (Anastasia Eve Hunt- I swear it's My real Name!!!) ######################################################### "Fuck You, you prissy nutcase. Do you want a drink or are you one of those weird Prohibitionist types?" Diamond Jack Flansburgh, in a dream * --------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ From: SquirlHead@aol.com Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 16:23:20 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970225162132_620285588@emout13.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg: MST3K and KITH "Oh! This potato has large ears!" ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: kilts Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 13:53:41 -0800 >---------- >From: Anastasia Hunt[SMTP:blooey@hotmail.com] >Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 1997 1:08 PM >To: ss5bayvs@cr47c.staffs.ac.uk; tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: kilts > > >>Subject: TMBG: kilts > >I dare John and John to wear kilts. Publicly. >blooey (Short for Bluething) Uh, first you have to dare Them on a channel They listen to... Heh... (: Jesse > ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9702252155.AA23337@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: wrist watches/CDs Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 16:55:54 -0500 (EST) First of all, I am the only one to have ever worn a wrist watch on their left hand and write with their left hand? Course I haven't worn a watch in about 10 years, I hate them (maybe that's why? hmmm, will have to see my psychiatrist about this) Secondly, do we have a show of hands of who actually taped any of the IP shows? Any exceptionally good copies? Who would go about doing the CD burning? Thanks, Matt -- upcoming concerts: Robyn Hitchcock- 8x10, Baltimore 3/5 (maybe) Blur-Black Cat, Washington, DC 3/9 James-Royal Court Theater, Liverpool, England, 3/27 TMBG-Western MD College,Westminster 4/18 Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 16:57:04 -0500 (EST) From: "(*)" Subject: Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg: MST3K and KITH Message-ID: At the Roseland show I met one of the guys from the State, however I am bad with names, so all I can tell you is that it was the guy who played the "i'm outta here's" dad. He like the Giants too!!! yay. Love Olivia ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 17:07:46 -0500 (EST) From: Elizabeth McGinley Subject: TMBG: comparison to King missile Message-ID: I have never heard them to be compared to King Missile but i have heard them to be confused with Dead Milkmen many times ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 17:06:17 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970225170612_-1407171723@emout17.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Guess what I just did In a message dated 97-02-25 01:19:48 EST, ana.ng@tmbg.org (Nicole the Wonder Nerd) writes: << I DROPPED THE PHANTOM 2-CD JEWEL CASE RIGHT ON THE FS CD!!!!! The cd is now broken. Guess how stupid I feel. Guess how sad I am that I'll have to spend my discretionary income on another copy of FS rather than on the BF5 cd I've been thinking of ordering. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( >> I think we should all chip in for a new one for out disgruntled nerd! Joel who will get a free copy of Then for his genorosity to Nicole ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: Non-Tmbg: MST3K and KITH Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 14:10:39 -0800 >---------- >From: SquirlHead@aol.com[SMTP:SquirlHead@aol.com] >Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 1997 1:23 PM >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg: MST3K and KITH > >"Oh! This potato has large ears!" "Hmm. Such lovely potatoes. They all look so good, I don't know what to eat first." "Trumpy! Your eyes are glowing!" "It's called 'evil', kid." "What you did was GOOOOOOoooood, Trumpy!" (: Jesse ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 17:19:39 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970225171056_178011132@emout01.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Spider Why aren't there lyrics to spider and Space Suit in the A18 lyrics sheet? Joel (The righty but lefty out!) PLAYING ON MY IMAGINARY HEAD: Puppet Head and still WHICH DESCRIBES HOW YOU'RE FEELING SOMEONE SHOOT ME NOW!!!!! ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 25 Feb 97 17:22 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: kilts >Clothing conventions are another means of oppression! more men in tights, skirtskilts whatever they want >they can borrow my mascara any time. yv But you know, those nylons can pinch in the most innappropriate places... Kirsten -- "This message had been rated Y-7 because it is a superhero action drama." Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Brodie AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu *TMBG*Sex Pistols*The Mommyheads*Simon & Garfunkel*Op Ivy*Pulp*The Muffs* ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199702252227.RAA21192@ginger.vnet.net> Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 17:27:26 EST From: The Chair is Not my Son Subject: Re: TMBG: Irving Plaza CDs ** Reply to note from Evan Chakroff Mon, 24 Feb 1997 18:37:41 -0500 Hm... > like to) I'd be okay with that. (However, that would be less legal than > just charging fo cost + shipping) Oh well... I'd be perfectly happy to send a CD-R or two and return postage. I strongly feel that nobody should make a profit from this, especially if taping and trading is not officially sanctioned by the band. We, as fans, need to be able to say, truthfully, that nobody makes any money from the trading we do just because we like the music. Some bands permit taping and trading as long as no profit is made. From things I have heard (such as comments by Linnell at the recent IP chat), They may don't seem to have much of a clue about it, or an official position, though I bet Elektra would say otherwise. Also I have heard people talking about having trouble with security at various venues. Since we are not officially encouraged, we should make sure we don't get officially =dis=couraged. That's my two zinc-copper sandwiches, anyway. :) =] Carl Hudkins + chud[@]vnet.net [Team OS/2] + http://users.vnet.net/chud/ [y ] ^= Evolution in progress! [t =] This is the last song; [h ] go home now and rest And we're never gonna tour again [e =] --Mystery Box --They Might Be Giants [r ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199702252228.RAA21243@ginger.vnet.net> Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 17:28:32 EST From: The Chair is Not my Son Subject: Re: TMBG: "Perfect Timing" or "How I Could Have Been Killed In New York ** Reply to note from "The Famous Mr. Klaw" Tue, 25 Feb 1997 02:49:11 -0500 (EST) Aaack! > As soon as the show ended, I leaned over to my new friend the sound guy, and > asked him for the set list that was lying on the sound board. He gave it to > me, and I was happy. You made friends with the sound guy and got a setlist, but you didn't get him to let you tap his board for a tape? Oh, man, how could you? :( Actually I'm not that upset, but I had thought, earlier in your post, that that was what you were leading up to. "Here," I thought, "is a possible tree seed!" Oh, well. =] Carl Hudkins + chud[@]vnet.net [Team OS/2] + http://users.vnet.net/chud/ [y ] ^= Evolution in progress! [t =] This is the last song; [h ] go home now and rest And we're never gonna tour again [e =] --Mystery Box --They Might Be Giants [r ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970225173559.00834210@mail.ee.net> Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 17:35:59 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: IP CD Headcount At 04:55 PM 2/25/97 -0500, Matthew James wrote: >Secondly, do we have a show of hands of who actually taped any of the IP >shows? Any exceptionally good copies? Who would go about doing the CD >burning? ::sigh:: Do I have to do everything? Alright, If you have a copy of any IP show on tape, email me with "IP CD" in the subject line. And tell how good quality it is and anything weird about it, the more descriptive, the better. And yeah, there's someone who will do the CD burning. Don't tell me that you want one when it's done, cause alot of people want one, and we'll get to that later. -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 16:50:36 -0600 (CST) From: **Tarnished Silence** Subject: Re: TMBG: I don't want to push the point but.. Message-Id: Legal consent is 18 and drinking is 21, which I figure is pretty odd because we can die for the country but can't get wasted. What is the deal with that? TS 210 /-------------------------------------------------------------\ | "Now it's over I'm dead and I haven't done anything that | | I want. Or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want | | to do." --They Might Be Giants | | | | *************** TARNISHED SILENCE *********************** | | prallena@martin.luther.edu paul.luther.edu/~prallena | \-------------------------------------------------------------/ On Tue, 25 Feb 1997 ss5bayvs@cr47c.staffs.ac.uk wrote: > If we are talking legal age of consent over here (U.K) for sexx (and if you are > hetro) is 16 (drinking is 18 we are all under age drinkers with no formal I.D and merrily breeding) > So out of curiosity and nothing more how about you yankies? > And that is before we argue about the biological possibilites of fatherhood. > > A pinkie A pankie > A little yellow hanky YV > ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 16:56:47 -0600 (CST) From: **Tarnished Silence** Subject: Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg: MST3K and KITH Message-Id: It's called evil, kid. TS 210 /-------------------------------------------------------------\ | "Now it's over I'm dead and I haven't done anything that | | I want. Or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want | | to do." --They Might Be Giants | | | | *************** TARNISHED SILENCE *********************** | | prallena@martin.luther.edu paul.luther.edu/~prallena | \-------------------------------------------------------------/ On Tue, 25 Feb 1997 SquirlHead@aol.com wrote: > "Oh! This potato has large ears!" > ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: Spider Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 14:46:52 -0800 >---------- >From: Yoel97@aol.com[SMTP:Yoel97@aol.com] >Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 1997 2:19 PM >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: Spider > >Why aren't there lyrics to spider and Space Suit in the A18 lyrics sheet? Dunno about spider, but Space Suit has no words. >Joel (The righty but lefty out!) Jesse > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3313866E.112D@swbell.net> Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 16:40:14 -0800 From: Yarmaluke Organization: The Church of God the Utterly Indifferent Subject: Re: TMBG: Guess what I just did << I DROPPED THE PHANTOM 2-CD JEWEL CASE RIGHT ON THE FS CD!!!!! The cd is now broken. Guess how stupid I feel. Guess how sad I am that I'll have to spend my discretionary income on another copy of FS rather than on the BF5 cd I've been thinking of ordering. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( >> I think we should all chip in for a new one for out disgruntled nerd! And I will chip in for everyone to buy the Ben Folds Five cd, which everyone deserves to hear. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 13:48:32 -0600 (CST) From: beelersj@SLU.EDU Subject: TMBG: "They Got Lost" Message-id: To anyone who's been to a recent show, have the lyrics to "They Got Lost" been changed now that Brian is no longer in the band? sara ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 18:02:50 -0500 From: Jonathan Chaffer Subject: Re: TMBG: "They Got Lost" >To anyone who's been to a recent show, have the lyrics to "They Got Lost" >been changed now that Brian is no longer in the band? Yes, but I think not finalized. As I recall, at the instore they did "John said to John" and "Graham said to Dan," but I could've worn I heard something like "Graham said to John" at the concert. Anyone back me up on this? -- Jonathan Chaffer Student, University of Michigan http://www.tmbg.org/~jchaffer/ ftp/finger (My Mac): tmbg.reshall.umich.edu "You wanna see pressure, pal? Be glad I'm not wearing high heels." --Dr. Tim "Duty now, Spud." --Gnl. Boy "It's a rock gyro thing." --John Linnell ------------------------------ From: Kamesennin@aol.com Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 18:07:16 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970225175201_884282617@emout07.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: TMBG Simpsons Ref. (Well not really...) I was just watching the Simpsons and noticed that the first line of a poem Lisa "wrote" was "I saw the best meals of my generation destroyed by the madness of my brother..." this of course was REALLY a reference to the Allen Ginsberg poem, but I still laughed when she said it. And listees like making TMBG-Simpsons connections, sooooo... -Kamesennin "Too much free time" aka Geoff ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199702252328.RAA12697@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: TMBG TIDBIT Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 17:23:16 -0600 Whoa! On Jeopardy they have a whole category on Martin van Buren!!!!! Useless tidbit, but PolkRelated nonetheless!!! Mike "What Are There may Be Giants, Alex?" Leffel maleffel@ncfcomm.com Be Sure To Check Out: http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~broz/tmbg.html And Soon, Home of the Scanned In AKA's! ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 18:28:30 -0500 (EST) From: sPyDiiR Subject: Re: TMBG: Spider Message-id: My guess would be because Space Suit has no lyrics....? sPyDiiR ******************************************************************************* Assume no death. ******************************************************************************* On Tue, 25 Feb 1997 Yoel97@aol.com wrote: > Why aren't there lyrics to spider and Space Suit in the A18 lyrics sheet? > > Joel (The righty but lefty out!) > > PLAYING ON MY IMAGINARY HEAD: > > Puppet Head > and still WHICH DESCRIBES HOW YOU'RE FEELING > > SOMEONE SHOOT ME NOW!!!!! > ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 18:30:56 -0500 (EST) From: Kelly Anne Mazzonne Subject: Re: TMBG: "They Got Lost" Message-ID: On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, Jonathan Chaffer wrote: > >To anyone who's been to a recent show, have the lyrics to "They Got Lost" > >been changed now that Brian is no longer in the band? > > Yes, but I think not finalized. As I recall, at the instore they did "John > said to John" and "Graham said to Dan," but I could've worn I heard > something like "Graham said to John" at the concert. Anyone back me up on > this? > > -- > Jonathan Chaffer Student, University of Michigan > http://www.tmbg.org/~jchaffer/ ftp/finger (My Mac): tmbg.reshall.umich.edu > "You wanna see pressure, pal? Be glad I'm not wearing high heels." --Dr. Tim > "Duty now, Spud." --Gnl. Boy "It's a rock gyro thing." --John Linnell > > > I was at the concert too, and I heard "Graham siad to John", but I wasn't at the instore....... Kelly (the one without the "e" (: ) _______________________________________________________________________________ "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." -- Albert Einstien Kelly Mazzonne kmazzonn@umich.edu 1.313.764.4984 http://www-personal.umich.edu/~kmazzonn/ _______________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970225233945.006a7000@mailhost2.planet.net> Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 18:39:45 -0500 From: Perry Lee Subject: Re: TMBG: kilts At 05:22 PM 02/25/97 EST, you wrote: >>Clothing conventions are another means of oppression! more men in tights, >skirtskilts whatever they want >they can borrow my mascara any time. yv > > But you know, those nylons can pinch in the most innappropriate >places... > SO you're saying because i don't choose to wear skirts, and because i would resoundedly pummel any male who did whom i knew personally, i'm oppressive? I'm no homophobe, but i think that is just a call for attention. There is nothing comfortable to the male body about tights, or nylons. Beleive me, i was a road cyclist for 2 years, and those tights are not happy things. zink Wow! No AKA messages in this download! Maybe i'll actually read some. * ------------------------------------------------------------ |whee. |I've got something, To help you understand...|whee.| * ------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 18:43:52 -0500 (EST) From: MIKE Subject: Re: TMBG: Spider Message-ID: why would there be lyrics included for space suit *confused* ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970225185547.00830130@mail.ee.net> Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 18:55:47 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: Irving Plaza CDs >> like to) I'd be okay with that. (However, that would be less legal than >> just charging fo cost + shipping) Oh well... > > I'd be perfectly happy to send a CD-R or two and return postage. I >strongly feel that nobody should make a profit from this, especially if >taping and trading is not officially sanctioned by the band. > Actually, I would too, but it may be easier (for a lot of people, anyway) to just send money for the CD-R. And they don't say NOT TO tape the shows, so they MUST want you TO tape the shows! > We, as fans, need to be able to say, truthfully, that nobody makes >any money from the trading we do just because we like the music. Some >bands permit taping and trading as long as no profit is made. From things The only one really making a profit here would be the computer store where the CD-Rs are bought, and the company that makes the CD-Rs. I would not mind paying a few bucks for "handling" and anyone who is willing to spend their time burning (lots of) CDs deserves a little extra $$$. Oh, in an unrelated story, someone be sure to kick me and wake me up when March 3 comes around, cause that's when the omlt votes are supposed to be tallied. (Feb 31). Still around: http://home.ml.org/omlt (email me if you have trouble getting there, especially if you're not using Netscape or compatable) -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 19:03:45 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970225184618_-1975524105@emout01.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Spider In a message dated 97-02-25 18:45:26 EST, mbh6396@garnet.acns.fsu.edu (MIKE) writes: << why would there be lyrics included for space suit *confused* >> Ok, sorry. I have forgotten that there are no words in spacesuit, but what about spider? Joel ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 19:06:06 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970225183854_-2042631069@emout07.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg: MST3K and KITH no, Bruce wasn't on the state . But I do remember it, and I did have 1 episode of *that* on tape (actually I had more a long time ago, but I eloquently taped over it with the gods known as the KITH) but had to use the tape for something else. I liked the one with the bathroom attendant while Ween's "Voodoo Lady" played in the background. :) And Carl the fast food guy always cracked me up. There is a state newsgroup: alt.tv.the-state (and a KITH newsgroup: alt.tv.kids-in-hall). >>Moving on to MST3K, I got my fan club letter and card (which I laminated, #77477) today<< YOU'VE GOT A PALINDROME #! :D Sorry... Wow, I just got mine this past saturday, and I'm # 77216! Funkeeeyy.. Sorry for the non-TMBG, guys, but it's in the header so it's your own dang fault if you don't like it. :) sarah :) linnellgirl@tmbg.org MSTie #77216 ~ TMBGer #45127 http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/site.html ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 19:10:07 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970225183858_-1708366493@emout10.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: mst, whirlpool, katz, rightie >Well I haven't seen YET anyone mention the TMBG reference on >MST yesterday. Probably because all you guys were at the IP >show!!!!! GRRRRR!!!!!!! Anyway, this Army dude was in his office >reading over some file and Servo? says "I saw the best minds >of my generation destroyed by madness. . ." To which I said >YES!!!!!!! Of course I know this is from a poem but it was still >very cool. Yup, I was watching that and I of course said put loud: "Oh god, here comes a new thread..." and I just waited for it to be mentioned, but forgot about it cause it wasn't. Hmm. BTW - it was Mike who said it. :) >(I am only a Joel and the Bots fan...Mike is all very well and >good, but he's no Joel...) True, but I used to be a Joel freak, but now I like 'em equally. :) >Whirlpool on it and i would definatley suggest getting that >CD. it rocks and the song has more lyrics than the version >that linnel sings Don't forget Flansy! :) Flans sings the first half, Linnell sings the second half. >From: "Josh \"Quality you can feeeeeeeeeel!\" Katz" Hey, are you related to Jonathan "Dr. Katz" Katz? ;) btw - I'm a rightie, and I only read the "C" section of the paper, but i do read it backwards... and magazines too, tv guide.... Maybe it's a TMBGer sorta thing... We are {mostly} highly intelligent {once again I said mostly} life forms, you know! ;) *in the imaginary 5 cd changer: Tori Amos - "Little Earthquakes", Odds - "Nest", Frank Black - "Frank Black", TMBG- "SEXXY", No Doubt - "Tragic Kingdom". sarah :) linnellgirl@tmbg.org MSTie #77216 ~ TMBGer #45127 http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/site.html ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33137FE8.10AF@filmmaker.com> Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 19:12:24 -0500 From: "indieWIRE@filmmaker.com" Subject: Re: TMBG: "They Got Lost" beelersj@SLU.EDU wrote: > > To anyone who's been to a recent show, have the lyrics to "They Got Lost" > been changed now that Brian is no longer in the band? > > sara Yes. I believe the new drummer is Dan. He's just as good as Brian. john ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199702260040.TAA20761@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: news.tmbg.org Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 19:40:33 -0500 (EST) news.tmbg.org was behind on news from where I had moved the machine and several things had broken. Things are all back up to date now and should remain so. Sorry for the inconveniance. -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199702260044.TAA20781@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: Previously unreleased songs available on the web. Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 19:44:47 -0500 (EST) I am pleased to announce that you will be able to find 7 previously unreleased tracks off "Then: The Earlier Years" at http://www.tmbg.org/ over the next few weeks. I've been working with several people for a while to make something like this happen and it's finally worked out. Each song will be available for 3-4 days in .WAV format. Please respect copyrights and don't post these on your own web site, if we can play by the rules we might be able to do this more in the future! -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 19:54:49 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: best DAS Message-ID: On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, Matthew James wrote: > I think my favorite DAS song is Next Plane to London, how about yours? > Matt > "King of Wingo," hands down. Nothing like screaming along with the little one, "I am the King of Wingo, the King of Wingo!" at the top of one's lungs! _______> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <_____ // \\ // "Will she shoot you? She won't have to- you're already dead." \\ -They Might Be Giants, "She Was a Hotel Detective" They Might Be Giants + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 20:51:07 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970225204025_1947104114@emout05.mail.aol.com> Subject: CARD/AKA: TMBG: in a Milk ad...done! :D Okay kids! I encourage all you fellow AKA fanatics to check out my latest, and the kicker - it's *not* a cartoon! :D It's photoedited a la "the enquirer"! ;) http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/458milk.gif enjoy! ;) sarah linnellgirl@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 06:12:13 -0800 From: J Mathews Message-ID: <3312F33D.7A7F@ix.netcom.com> Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: TMBG: tmbg-like performer Hey all, I'm back on the list, and for the few who care, I have 2 new songs on my page at http://members.tripod.com/~Jeremyly Mark Ondrey (BOBA's bro) and Adam Tyner both seem to like 'em, so check them out. Thanks, Jeremy ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 21:03:07 -0500 (EST) From: Amy Greenlese Message-ID: Matt wrote: > I think my favorite DAS song is Next Plane to London, how about yours? Oh by far, and I don't care if it's a cover, Concrete and Clay is the best DAS I've ever heard! Ever ever ever! And on another note...I don't want to steal Sarah Newhouse's name, but I realised this weekend I may be Linnellgirl II (the Revenge of Linnellgirl :) I made a kind of "best of" tape to listen to in my car while I work of all the TMBG songs that I like to listen to most. I didn't have a list or anything, just went through the albums and skipped all the songs I didn't want on there. Well, as I was listening to it that night, I realised that almost every song I put on there is sung by Linnell! I don't want to start a whole big "whose songs are better" thread again, I just thought that it was odd. Amy, who is left-handed also and remembers this thread too. :) cowtown@tmbg.org If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would get done. ------------------------------ From: SquirlHead@aol.com Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 21:05:51 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970225210543_-1775439594@emout15.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg: MST3K and KITH Burnin' rubber tires! ------------------------------ From: SquirlHead@aol.com Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 21:16:28 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970225211626_1316049317@emout19.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: "They Got Lost" At the concert, They certainly said, "Graham said to Dan..." I als o seem to remember Them saying something with Jay. ~Dan E. Boy ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 21:51:55 -0500 (EST) From: Elitza Nicolaou Subject: TMBG: I'm BaaaaaaaaAAAAck! Message-ID: Hey/hay! I'm back from DC! And boy was it interesting. 2 kids got caught buck-nekid in the room next door to mine (luckily no one stumbled upon my little game of cards the previous night), someone defaced the Lincolm Memorial (??????????? Let me know if this is true!), saw Kennedy grave... not much else. BTW, I also noticed that most of my favorite TMBG songs are sung by Linnell. I guess I just like his voice better, or it's more appealing, or something. Maybe it's because he's cute. I don't know. (NO THREADS PLEASE!!!) IE, Birdhouse, IPI, TMHFO, etc. And one minor complaint: If you choose to put in a one-sentence post COMPLETELY unrelated to anything They..... well, DON'T!!! I hate it when ppl do this, but it's really getting on my nerves. At least put in some oblig. They content. Thanks. :-} ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>< Elitza Nicolaou (aka Ribbon) <> "Luke ain't got *nuthin'!!*" ana-ng@poetic.com <> -Will Paddock, Summer '96 www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Quad/1317 <> *Broadway*Impact*STAND*Ska*Greek *Gianthead*Skier*Singer*X-Phile*Trekker*ActualSize!*Reflection*Poetess*Irish* ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>< ------------------------------ From: SquirlHead@aol.com Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 21:53:28 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970225212053_-1072151766@emout07.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Clarissa? I watched (and taped) the whole stupid Clarissa Explains It All today, and didn't see one TMBG reference! ??? Dan E. Boy ------------------------------ From: wglodell@baraboo.com (Wyatt Glodell) Subject: Re: TMBG: Clarissa? Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 21:08:32 -0600 Message-ID: <19970226030828937.AAA79@ppp177.baraboo.com> >I watched (and taped) the whole stupid Clarissa Explains It All today, and >didn't see one TMBG reference! > >??? >Dan E. Boy > Yeah, i guess they didnt do it in order or whatever....i turned it on and saw it wasnt the one (i turned it on 20 mins late anyway..) because i have seen it before.... that sucks..... Wyatt Glodell, the sigless "Errrrr....... The Mighty Giants? Whats that" CANT PEOPLE LEARN TO READ????? i get all the ignorant shirt responses...... ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9702260347.AA13577@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: TMBG TIDBIT Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 22:47:30 -0500 (EST) > > Whoa! On Jeopardy they have a whole category on Martin van Buren!!!!! > > Useless tidbit, but PolkRelated nonetheless!!! Yeah I saw that and was thinking the same thing ;) Strange thing was, they said that he actually almost wanted the South to have slaves yet he is "Martin Van Buren, a former president and abolitionist" I guess he's one of those compromising fools *grin* -- upcoming concerts: Robyn Hitchcock- 8x10, Baltimore 3/5 (maybe) Blur-Black Cat, Washington, DC 3/9 James-Royal Court Theater, Liverpool, England, 3/27 TMBG-Western MD College,Westminster 4/18 "No room for big hearts like her in this city"-Carlito's Way Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 23:25:38 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Spider Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 25-Feb-97 Re: TMBG: Spider by MIKE@garnet.acns.fsu.edu > why would there be lyrics included for space suit *confused* Because some people find it difficult to make out "aah ah ah, aah ah ah, aah ah ah ah ah aah ah aaah aaah aaah, aaah aaah, aaaaaah" :) As for Spider, it's not really a song, and that was probably their reasoning. It's not like it's that hard to figure out what they're saying, anyway. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 00:03:08 -0500 (EST) Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970226000641.22df05ca@postoffice.yorku.ca> From: "The Famous Mr. Klaw" Subject: Re: TMBG: "Perfect Timing" or "How I Could Have Been Killed In Hi. At 17:28 2/25/97 EST, The Chair is Not my Son wrote: > You made friends with the sound guy and got a setlist, but you >didn't get him to let you tap his board for a tape? Oh, man, how could >you? :( Actually, I asked, and he politely told me to go away. He said that he couldn't record the shows unless he had permission from the band. Did you really think I'd let an opportunity like that slip away without at least trying? > Actually I'm not that upset, but I had thought, earlier in your >post, that that was what you were leading up to. "Here," I thought, "is a >possible tree seed!" Oh, well. At the risk of being flooded with email asking for a trade, I will say that the recording I made is actually pretty good. Once it's been remastered it just might be a possibility for the CD idea. Now that I've said that, I will say this: PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO TRADE!!! I'm way to busy with other stuff to start trading bootlegs right now. This is what I've been telling everyone that's been asking me in the past, and this is what I'm telling all of you now. If the CD idea is at all conceivable, I will be happy to send a copy of the show to the person in charge, but I don't feel like making a bunch of dubs at this moment. Sorry if this disappoints any of you, but that's the way it is. Thank you, and goodnight. Alex ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199702260542.XAA20631@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG TIDBIT Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 23:36:57 -0600 ---------- > From: Matthew James > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: TMBG: TMBG TIDBIT > Date: Tuesday, February 25, 1997 9:47 PM > > > > > Whoa! On Jeopardy they have a whole category on Martin van Buren!!!!! > > > > Useless tidbit, but PolkRelated nonetheless!!! > Yeah I saw that and was thinking the same thing ;) > Strange thing was, they said that he actually almost wanted the South to > have slaves yet he is "Martin Van Buren, a former president and > abolitionist" I guess he's one of those compromising fools *grin* > Martin: "Dang Nabbit! No slaves! NOOO SLAVES!" (Punds the desk) Confederate Lobbyist: "Well, how about this. Let us keep the slaves, and you can have this shiny coin." Martin: ...."um... make it two coins. But I don't like it one bit!" Confederate Lobbyist: Sure you don't Marty, Sure you dont." Mike "I had another joke, but I'm not about to say it now" Leffel ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 00:59:00 -0500 (EST) From: sPyDiiR Subject: Re: TMBG: Spider Message-id: My guess would be that since the words in Spider aren't really sung, that is, not actually lyrics, they wouldn't include them on a lyric sheet. A lot of their songs with samples in them are not written out on the lyrics sheet. I can think of a few examples on Lincoln, for one. sPyDiiR ******************************************************************************* Assume no death. ******************************************************************************* On Tue, 25 Feb 1997 Yoel97@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 97-02-25 18:45:26 EST, mbh6396@garnet.acns.fsu.edu (MIKE) > writes: > > << why would there be lyrics included for space suit *confused* >> > > > Ok, sorry. I have forgotten that there are no words in spacesuit, but what > about spider? > > Joel > ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-57 *****************************